PDA

View Full Version : OLine? Argh.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Everyone killing Trevor over this bad streak.. Clamoring for a change. I knew it would be much of the same.

Trevor has great throw mechanics. Solid footwork. He possibly could have been a starter in this League. Now he has borderline PTSD because of the vicious hits he has taken going back to last Season.

Can't run block. Cant pass protect. KC played the pass so they looked good last week. I knew better.

Say what you want about Oz but he was under constant duress. He had literally two plays I saw where the blocking held up and he had time to throw.

Its the OLine. I've said it over and over again.

Is it technique? Is it the system? Wrong personnel to run the kind of scheme?

It doesn't matter who is back there. Look what they did to Peyton. He looked pedestrian and broken down for a reason. His demise was hastened by one of (or i call them the WORST) the worst offensive lines in the League and one kf the worst I have ever seen. Probably the worst Broncos OLine ive seen.

This team will never become a playoff team again with this OLine.

Besides a new Coach (which is coming) please, someone tell me why the OLIne is so dann terrible?

Is it scheme? Is it lack of talent? What's wrong with the Denver Broncos OLine?

turftoad
11-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Shitty QB play also makes an O Line look bad.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 03:42 PM
It’s part a lack of talent and part neglect on Elway’s part, when you have the worst OL in the league you don’t ignore half the isssues. He finally made a move at LT/RG but repeated his ‘16 mistake at RT and did next to nothing at LG.

Cordy Glenn was available at the deadline, apparently, and with the FO’s abject failures with 2nd round picks that deal makes too much sense. You could go into next years FA and draft needing only a LG or RT, as Glenn could play both/either, and play both well.

Duane Brown went for a 2nd, a 5ht and a salary dump, also makes too much sense.

Jefff Davison is a legit NFL OL Coach.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Shitty QB play also makes an O Line look bad.

Both go hand in hand Turf. How many QBs could thrive back there?

turftoad
11-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Phillip Rivers isnt doing bad with two former scrub Broncos offensive linemen blocking for him.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Phillip Rivers isnt doing bad with two former scrub Broncos offensive linemen blocking for him.

It’s easier to find a competent lineman than a Phylis Rivers.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 04:07 PM

Is it scheme? Is it technique?

turftoad
11-05-2017, 04:25 PM

It's better QB play.

GEM
11-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Holy shit. ...they all suck monkey balls! Make it feel any better?

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 04:51 PM

It's better QB play.

Turf. Its the OLine. Aaron Rodgers coulsnt get production. Look what it did to Peyton.

turftoad
11-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Turf. Its the OLine. Aaron Rodgers coulsnt get production. Look what it did to Peyton.

I agree that the line isn't the best but our QB play is about dead last.
IMO, it's more on the QB.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 05:00 PM

I agree that the line isn't the best but our QB play is about dead last.
IMO, it's more on the QB.

It has been in decline for years and allow to get worse. Tehy are the worst Brincos unit ive ever seen. Brock had only TWO plays where they actually protected him correct and he had time.

Its a team game.

turftoad
11-05-2017, 05:07 PM
It has been in decline for years and allow to get worse. Tehy are the worst Brincos unit ive ever seen. Brock had only TWO plays where they actually protected him correct and he had time.

Its a team game.

It is a team game in which the QB needs to be one of the better players in the game.
Neither Oz or Semien has enough pocket presence or mobility to be a threat.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:10 PM
It is a team game in which the QB needs to be one of the better players in the game.

If you take it to an extreme, play 0 linemen, could the QB talent make up the difference?

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 05:15 PM

If you take it to an extreme, play 0 linemen, could the QB talent make up the difference?

See Manning, Peyton.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:32 PM
maybe...don't know where I was going with that line of thought. we need a QB badly, a line too.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-05-2017, 06:11 PM
There are ways to compensate for one or two sub-par Olinemen. We haven’t even attempted to. That’s what upsets me the most. If it was just Watson or just Garcia then we could compensate. I don’t know why we don’t even try. We don’t help guys out by chipping, we don’t do design roll outs to move the pocket (which would help), we don’t bring in an additional lineman when it would be appropriate, we never seem to throw to the TE unless they’re spread out like a WR, we never run no-huddle to get the defense on their heels, we never run screen passes to slow the rush.

Lots of things could help but our scheme sucks and the QBs we have to run it suck. Our coaches are failing and our QBs are failing. It’s a team effort to suck this badly on offense.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Its all around the OLine. Can't run because they can't block. Can't pass because they cant block. They don't finish up plays. No forward push at all.

MOtorboat
11-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Its all around the OLine. Can't run because they can't block. Can't pass because they cant block. They don't finish up plays. No forward push at all.

The Broncos are ninth in the league in rushing. I mean, I get it, y'all want to blame the line for everything, but the facts don't support the arguments. We have shit at quarterback. You need good quarterback play in the NFL. I don't give a shit what your line looks like. I really don't. I care how good the quarterback is. Does that mean Denver's line is great, no. But it's about average. You can win with an average line if you don't have shit at quarterback.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 06:56 PM

The Broncos are ninth in the league in rushing. I mean, I get it, y'all want to blame the line for everything, but the facts don't support the arguments. We have shit at quarterback. You need good quarterback play in the NFL. I don't give a shit what your line looks like. I really don't. I care how good the quarterback is. Does that mean Denver's line is great, no. But it's about average. You can win with an average line if you don't have shit at quarterback.

Mo I swear you are not happy unless you are contrary.

I dont care what 'stats' say. Stats are misleading in so many ways.

Were the 97 Broncos the worst Run Defense in the League in 1997? No. But they gave up 2 massive running TDs to Napolean Kaufman @ Oakland of 80+ yds in their first loss. Suddenly they went from top 5 to dead last.

See where im going?

Did you even see this shit show today? I know what my eyes showed me. Not a single person could tell me any QB could be functional back there.

MOtorboat
11-05-2017, 06:58 PM

Were the 97 Broncos the worst Run Defense in the League in 1997? No. But they gave up 2 massive running TDs to Napolean Kaufman @ Oakland of 80+ yds in their first loss. Suddenly they went from top 5 to dead last.

See where im going?

Did you even see this shit show today? I know what my eyes showed me. Not a single person could tell me any QB could be functional back there.

You said the same thing last week when the line gave Siemian 3.1 seconds per throw on the average (ninth best, if memory serves) and rushed for 160 yards (sans quarterback scramble). The offensive line can't fix Osweiler throwing into triple coverage with plenty of time and no pressure. They can't help the hitch interception he threw that turned the game. Like I said, the offensive line isn't great, it sure as hell isn't the "worst I've ever seen" and its not even the worst in the league this year. Quarterback isn't some singular solution, but its the biggest problem.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 07:06 PM

See where im going?

You said the same thing last week when the line gave Siemian 3.1 seconds per throw on the average (ninth best, if memory serves) and rushed for 160 yards (sans quarterback scramble). The offensive line can't fix Osweiler throwing into triple coverage with plenty of time and no pressure. They can't help the hitch interception he threw that turned the game. Like I said, the offensive line isn't great, it sure as hell isn't the "worst I've ever seen" and its not even the worst in the league this year. Quarterback isn't some singular solution, but its the biggest problem.

Oz looked exactly like Siemien. Similar numbers. Same pressure. Cant run the ball. Cant pass protect. Same desperation throws just trying to push the ball downfield.

Why do you think Josh McCown suddenly looks 'good'? Do you think its magic? Jets somehow are protecting their QB.

GEM
11-05-2017, 07:11 PM
The line has 2 glaring weaknesses and Bolles had an awful day. Goes back to coaching and higher up thinking this line was good. Watson beats his chest like a silverback gorilla, plays like a chimpanzee, Garcia is god awful.

At the same time, we don't have a starting caliber qb in this team.

To argue over which is the issue is futile. They're both issues. They both suck monkey balls.

And that reflects more on the front office and coaches than anything. How the **** did we get here? No plan B.

MOtorboat
11-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Oz looked exactly like Siemien. Similar numbers. Same pressure. Cant run the ball. Cant pass protect. Same desperation throws just trying to push the ball downfield.

Why do you think Josh McCown suddenly looks 'good'? Do you think its magic? Jets somehow are protecting their QB.

They look similar because they're similar players. They have similar, backup ability.

Northman
11-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Rodgers has had a horrible oline for years but the guy still performs and wins ballgames.Our line is not great but they are not the crux of our problems. The proof of this is Schmofield in SD where he performed well enough to stop our "mighty" defense from tearing his QB apart. But because Rivers is a decent QB he is able to hide their limitations much like Manning did for a long time in Denver.

aberdien
11-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Line matters but QB play matters and Siemien sucked. We all were pretty much confident Oz would suck too.

We need a QB who, despite the difficulties and sucking, can give us something to look forward to in the future. Siemien showed us nothing. Oz will continue to show us nothing. Lynch likely will show us nothing.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Rodgers has had a horrible oline for years but the guy still performs and wins ballgames.Our line is not great but they are not the crux of our problems. The proof of this is Schmofield in SD where he performed well enough to stop our "mighty" defense from tearing his QB apart. But because Rivers is a decent QB he is able to hide their limitations much like Manning did for a long time in Denver.

Rodgrs OLine is serviceable. So is Brady's. They are average, meaning, better than mediocre. Not terrible. If this team had even average OLine play and protections, theyd be 6-2 or 5-3.

spikerman
11-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Rodgrs OLine is serviceable. So is Brady's. They are average, meaning, better than mediocre. Not terrible. If this team had even average OLine play and protections, theyd be 6-2 or 5-3.

This may be my fault. Have I been watching the wrong games?

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 08:49 PM
The line has 2 glaring weaknesses and Bolles had an awful day. Goes back to coaching and higher up thinking this line was good. Watson beats his chest like a silverback gorilla, plays like a chimpanzee, Garcia is god awful.

To argue over which is the issue is futile. They're both issues. They both suck monkey balls.

And that reflects more on the front office and coaches than anything. How the **** did we get here? No plan B.

It’s like you’ve been reading my diary. Do you like pina colada’s and getting caught in the rain?

Cugel
11-05-2017, 08:55 PM

Phillip Rivers is probably going to wind up in the Hall of Fame. Giraffe #1 is going to wind up in Buffalo or somewhere else they need a backup QB cheap.

But, for some reason, Okung and Michael Schofield aren't horrible for the Chargers. So, I'm thinking that coaching has something to do with the OL failures.

turftoad
11-05-2017, 09:00 PM

Not with our QB's. Rogers and Brady can win with an average O Line. They are quality QB's. Not our QB's

Cugel
11-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

Plan "B"? They are on Plan "F" by now, and none of these plans have worked.

Plan A - Keep Peyton around. Peyton wanted to keep playing and said publicly in August 2015 that he would "of course" play out his contract (until after the 2016 season) and then decide. Only he got hurt in 2015 and Elway was in a hurry to get to the "Age of the Brock" and helped Manning decide to retire after the SB.

Plan B - Brock stiffed Elway and went off to Houston, requiring Plan C.

Plan C was to draft a QB and find a veteran starter until that rookie could start. Said rookie turned out to be Giraffe #2. Only he never got "ready" so he's been relegated to the bench ever since.

Plan D - After the Butt-Fumbler fumbled and bumbled his way out of town the Broncos turned to Trevor Siemian a little regarded 7th round QB who looked good in the pre-season.

Plan E - After one season of Trevor, Elway was saying "OK, Plan E everybody: we'll have an OPEN QB contest." Tony Romo? Will you come on down? No? OK. Paxton, are you ready? No, no, OK. Trevor, I guess you're the guy. Don't screw it up by turning the ball over!"

Plan F - "OMG! He's getting worse by the game, turning it over and over! We need to make a change! Brock! It's your turn again. Don't screw this up by turning the ball over and the job could be yours!"

After today's game: "OMG! He's turning the ball over too! Now what?"

I don't think they have a Plan G, other than to turn to Paxton, and clearly he's not going to stop this runaway train, now that the defense has apparently given up the ghost.

GEM
11-05-2017, 09:06 PM
It’s like you’ve been reading my diary. Do you like pina colada’s and getting caught in the rain?

I do, but no cheeseburgers in paradise.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 09:25 PM
I do, but no cheeseburgers in paradise.

Forget it then, i guess it’s just not meant to be.

VonDoom
11-06-2017, 10:52 AM

I agree with both of these things. First, the line is better than it was last year, that's just a fact. We have a terrible RT situation and a pretty bad LG situation. Bolles is still learning so I don't expect him to be perfect every game. Paradis and Leary are both very good. That equates to a roughly average OL. No team has five great players across the line, not even the Cowboys. Is the line a problem? Yes. Is it the biggest problem we have? No.

If you're trying to say that since neither of our QB's looked good behind this line, I would say that's a fallacy. Neither of our QB's looked good because neither of them are good. You'll see the same when Lynch starts too. Russell Wilson wins with the worst OL in football. Kirk Cousins led a game winning drive against the Seahawks with every starter and backup on the line either out or hurt. I want a better RT this offseason for sure. But we need our QB and he's not on this roster right now.

Northman
11-06-2017, 11:56 AM
I agree with both of these things. First, the line is better than it was last year, that's just a fact. We have a terrible RT situation and a pretty bad LG situation. Bolles is still learning so I don't expect him to be perfect every game. Paradis and Leary are both very good. That equates to a roughly average OL. No team has five great players across the line, not even the Cowboys. Is the line a problem? Yes. Is it the biggest problem we have? No.

If you're trying to say that since neither of our QB's looked good behind this line, I would say that's a fallacy. Neither of our QB's looked good because neither of them are good. You'll see the same when Lynch starts too. Russell Wilson wins with the worst OL in football. Kirk Cousins led a game winning drive against the Seahawks with every starter and backup on the line either out or hurt. I want a better RT this offseason for sure. But we need our QB and he's not on this roster right now.

Nailed it.

turftoad
11-06-2017, 02:22 PM

How about second year man Carson Wentz. How does he play so well after losing both of his starting tackles for the year?
He's a very good QB, that's why!

VonDoom
11-06-2017, 02:59 PM
How about second year man Carson Wentz. How does he play so well after losing both of his starting tackles for the year?
He's a very good QB, that's why!

Damn straight. I wish we had a guy like that on this team. And remember, the Eagles put a lot of resources into the QB position and ended up with a good one, even though it seemed like a steep price at the time. That's what we need to do - get a FA QB next year (not sure who yet, but there will be plenty) and go all in on a rookie in the first round and hope you evaluated correctly.

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Philly is very strong up front on both sides. Their backups could probably start in Denver's putrid offense.

Hell I'm available to start at Tackle or Guard. I can play just as well.