PDA

View Full Version : How Did VJ get a job?

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Rams mcvay turned a team that couldnt even score last year, into an offensive powerhouse.

What has VJ and Woods done?

Turn a pass rushing defense, into soft ass zone scheme that couldnt hit the QB to save their life.

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2017, 02:38 PM
He's a part of Elways good ol boy network. Dude is a terrible hc.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Bring Rick Dennison in. Someone with Broncos bloodline.

Someone needs to turn this OLine around.

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 02:56 PM
he sucked in Miami as DC as well.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Remember when they didn’t need Wade Phillips?

Me neither.

#FrontOfficeLied

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Remember when they didn’t need Wade Phillips?

Me neither.

#FrontOfficeLied

The Offense has failed the Defense for YEARS. This isn't on the Defense, im sorry. Eventually, tehyre going to be bullet ridden and give up.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Btw, just 6 days ago this defense was unbelievable, so there’s not a talent issue.

Tned
11-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Btw, just 6 days ago this defense was unbelievable, so there’s not a talent issue.

Ok, now I'm confused. They do miss Phillips or they don't?

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 03:05 PM
The Offense has failed the Defense for YEARS. This isn't on the Defense, im sorry. Eventually, tehyre going to be bullet ridden and give up.

My point about Phillips was mainly about Joseph and Woods, I don’t think they’re worth the gamble of getting rid of Phillips. This defense and that DC were made for each other.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. They do miss Phillips or they don't?

Of course. I’m saying it’s not a talent issue.

I literally said, in that post, that ”it’s not a talent issue”.

#DenseAF
#TnedNeedsEverythingExplainedToHim

Tned
11-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Of course. I’m saying it’s not a talent issue.

I literally said, in that post, that ”it’s not a talent issue”.

#DenseAF
#TnedNeedsEverythingExplainedToHim

#TnedNeedsExplanationsBecauseJadedMakemNoSensum

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 04:00 PM
#TnedNeedsExplanationsBecauseJadedMakemNoSensum

#CommonSenseAintSoCommon

Tned
11-05-2017, 04:17 PM
#CommonSenseAintSoCommon

#AcceptanceIsTheFirstStepToRecovery
#CongratulationsOnCompletingFirstStep

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 04:23 PM
#AcceptanceIsTheFirstStepToRecovery
#CongratulationsOnCompletingFirstStep

#NeighborPlease
#ReadingComprehension
#YouSoCrazy

chazoe60
11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
#leaderofmen

wayninja
11-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Stop hashtagging each other!

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Giraffe handler

dogfish
11-05-2017, 04:52 PM
he has wicked good interview skills. . .

chazoe60
11-05-2017, 05:52 PM
he has wicked good interview skills. . .

He's tall.

He has big man ball skills.

Northman
11-05-2017, 05:58 PM
By giving a BJ.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-05-2017, 06:00 PM
It’s puzzling seeing as how I was led to believe he’s a leader of men.

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Im just waiting for DT88 to tell me again the team hasnt given up. That was some funny shit.

Nomad
11-05-2017, 06:04 PM
What HC should of been hired?

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:06 PM
What HC should of been hired?

Not VJ

Nomad
11-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Not VJ

:lol: I'm curious who could of been hired.

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
:lol: I'm curious who could of been hired.

Im sure there were other options out there but lets face it, going back to last year while he was in Miami Elway had a mancrush on VJ for some reason. But when your HC continues to look befuddled on the sidelines its a major sign of problems at the top.

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Hey wade phillips D got 3 turnovers today.

Nomad
11-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Im sure there were other options out there but lets face it, going back to last year while he was in Miami Elway had a mancrush on VJ for some reason. But when your HC continues to look befuddled on the sidelines its a major sign of problems at the top.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just curious what other options Elway passed on. I don't believe Kyle Shanahan would have been the 'Jesus' of fixing this offense either.

Broncoknight30
11-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Rams defense is among league leaders in turnovers.

Broncos defense is not.

Broncos defense under Philips was among league leaders in turnovers.

Anyone see where I am going?

Nomad
11-05-2017, 06:17 PM

Broncos defense is not.

I believe Wade was leaving regardless. He knew he wanted to go with his son.

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 06:18 PM

Broncos defense is not.

people have been telling me all season to not blame the D.

Well sorry.

I am.

Offense has always been crap, its expected.

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just curious what other options Elway passed on. I don't believe Kyle Shanahan would have been the 'Jesus' of fixing this offense either.

Maybe, maybe not. Something to consider though is he probably has some familiarity with the Broncos through his father not to mention the Broncos actually offered him more talent on the team than the Niners did. Thats part of my gripe with this coaching staff right now is there is too much talent on here to be wasted in the manner that it is.

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Also notice how Shanahan's team goes down "kicking and screaming" in every game.

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Wade was agressive all the time.

As soon as i heard VJ saying shit "aggressive sometimes, zone defense, blah blah i rub my dick on you"

i knew this d was over.

#NoFlyZone is over.

Northman
11-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Wade was agressive all the time.

As soon as i heard VJ saying shit "aggressive sometimes, zone defense, blah blah i rub my dick on you"

i knew this d was over.

#NoFlyZone is over.

And apparently "Ground Control" has some major pit holes in it.

ShaneFalco
11-05-2017, 06:52 PM
its like Joseph and Woods learned nothing from Wade

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 08:58 PM
”... blah blah i rub my dick on you"

Gold! Pure ******* gold!

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Nope.

#Nope

Broncoknight30
11-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Hey wade phillips D got 3 turnovers today.

Oh, that was against the shitty Giants. Every defense gets turnovers from that shitty offense.

That team is so shitty that they have only one win all season. They are 1-7. ONE.

Right?

Oh.....wait

Dzone
11-06-2017, 06:59 AM
His defense in Miami sucked. The rams picked the right guy and we picked the wrong guy. This is as bad as macdaniels

Broncoknight30
11-06-2017, 07:22 AM
His defense in Miami sucked. The rams picked the right guy and we picked the wrong guy. This is as bad as macdaniels

McDaniels started out 6-0 with a victory against the Pats.

Just saying

Tned
11-06-2017, 09:03 AM

#No
#HashTagsRule
#UsOldPeopleDontReallyGetThemButWeTryAnyway
#GetOffMyLawn!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-06-2017, 10:39 AM
The 49ers made the right choice too. They are expected to lose with that roster, but at least they’re competitive and don’t quit.

wayninja
11-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Losing 4 games in a row, sucks, but this game felt different. A switch definitely seemed to have turned off on the defensive side of the ball. The amount of penalties were jarring, and the overall effort was somehow worse than it has been in the previous 3 losses.

It's career time for VJ. He needs to do something different, and I'm not talking about trotting out another QB. He needs to take a look at how he's been coaching and effect a different strategy.

I know it sounds stupid and knee-jerk, but if we get embarrassed by the pats, I'd seriously think about who might be a good interim head coach.

Nomad
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
U
Losing 4 games in a row, sucks, but this game felt different. A switch definitely seemed to have turned off on the defensive side of the ball. The amount of penalties were jarring, and the overall effort was somehow worse than it has been in the previous 3 losses.

It's career time for VJ. He needs to do something different, and I'm not talking about trotting out another QB. He needs to take a look at how he's been coaching and effect a different strategy.

I know it sounds stupid and knee-jerk, but if we get embarrassed by the pats, I'd seriously think about who might be a good interim head coach.

BRONCOS will be ready....they usually give Patriots a tough game. Wentz and co are pretty damn good. The kid has a bright future.

weazel
11-06-2017, 02:00 PM
I honestly seen this thread and thought it said " how did Joe get VD"

Hawgdriver
11-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Agree, actual content disappoints.

dogfish
11-06-2017, 10:42 PM

i think that's a story for the lounge. . .

Freyaka
11-07-2017, 10:43 AM
I love all the knee jerk blame the defense is getting for basically giving up...

Let's keep the finger pointed squarely at the offense. The defense has been perfectly fine for the rest of the season... The offense is still the black sheep of this team and if we had an offense, the defense would handle themselves just fine. It's hard to always be the #1 defense when your offense can't get first downs and gives the ball to the opposing team in the red zone.

wayninja
11-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I love all the knee jerk blame the defense is getting for basically giving up...

Let's keep the finger pointed squarely at the offense. The defense has been perfectly fine for the rest of the season... The offense is still the black sheep of this team and if we had an offense, the defense would handle themselves just fine. It's hard to always be the #1 defense when your offense can't get first downs and gives the ball to the opposing team in the red zone.

I don't think it's knee jerk. The defense did not play well. They gave up a boatload of penalties, and didn't seem that interested once the score got away from what the offense is capable of surpassing.

The finger is still rightly pointed at the offense, but the defense DID appear to give up. I blame that mostly on the coaching, as they need to figure out how to not let the offensive problems spill over and become a defensive one, and they didn't do that.

But it's not like that's an easy job. The defense is frustrated, and while they are justified in feeling that, giving up can't be on the table.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Blaming the defense for the lack of success the last two years? Stupid

Blaming the defense for serving America a giant turd Burger last Sunday? Absolutely

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Outside of the Dallas game, and maybe the first half against SD, the Defense hasn't looked all that interested all year. But because they are such a talented group, they still look decent most of the time while mailing it in. Some of that is due to less aggressive coaching, but there has been a real laid back attitude on that side of the ball all year.

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 08:39 PM
nobody knows

DT88TheGreat
11-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Rams let there first round pick get his feet wet prior to this season.

Rams also have the best back in the league and weapons on the outside.

Rams also have a ton of high draft picks on defense, and they also got they ass whipped today by case keenum.

Vance is one of the best young coaches, he just doesnt have a quarterback.

Freyaka
11-19-2017, 11:32 PM

Thanks, that's the stupidest thing I've read for the day.

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 11:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/fpXxIjftmkk9y/giphy.gif

silkamilkamonico
11-20-2017, 01:07 AM

This could be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this board yet.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Thanks, that's the stupidest thing I've read for the day.

Who steals an avatar?

DenBronx
11-20-2017, 03:14 AM
So I read a reporrt that said Vance was initially offended by Elways remarks of the team getting "soft".

I suspect he won't be here long because if you stink of the ship AND get offended by a remark that was meant to motivate the team then maybe you don't belong here after all.

Broncoknight30
11-20-2017, 03:39 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/l0fb.gif

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 04:12 AM
Who steals an avatar?

Lol and if you aren't paying attention youd just glance at the avatar and think the same person is making the post. Hello confusion!

DT88TheGreat
11-20-2017, 04:15 AM
So I read a reporrt that said Vance was initially offended by Elways remarks of the team getting "soft".

I suspect he won't be here long because if you stink of the ship AND get offended by a remark that was meant to motivate the team then maybe you don't belong here after all.

Smh you really think it was that deep? Especially when Elway back walked the comment in the same story and said ( well continue playing hard).... You are digging deep into comments because it fits your narrative.

Shazam!
11-20-2017, 09:15 AM

Smh you really think it was that deep? Especially when Elway back walked the comment in the same story and said ( well continue playing hard).... You are digging deep into comments because it fits your narrative.

In any organized team sports, being called 'soft' is like a friggin' curse word. He better damn well say he is offended true or not.

chazoe60
11-20-2017, 09:23 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh:

Broncoknight30
11-20-2017, 09:26 AM
In any organized team sports, being called 'soft' is like a friggin' curse word. He better damn well say he is offended true or not.

No one sees the irony of players being called soft, taking it so hard that someone had the unmitigated gall to call them soft?

Holy shit the modern damn players are soft.

Waaaaaahhhh, I was called sooooft!!!

https://previews.123rf.com/images/mindof/mindof1106/mindof110600091/9689047-Portrait-of-a-crying-nerd-Isolated-on-white--Stock-Photo-crying-man-funny.jpg

Freyaka
11-20-2017, 09:27 AM

Yea come on DenBronx, don't you know that DT88TheGreat is the only one allowed to utilize his confirmation bias? You are lucky you aren't hearing from his lawyers for infringing about his trademark.

Mike
11-20-2017, 09:37 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh:

I am telling you, that is either VJ or his mom.

**** VJ....sick of his helpless clueless look he has on the sidelines. This was a shit hire and Elway needs to fix it. Dude is McD levels of a ****up at HC. At least McD was a part of winning in NE. What the hell was the fascination with this loser? What accomplishment did he have that made him appealing?

Dreadnought
11-20-2017, 09:47 AM

**** VJ....sick of his helpless clueless look he has on the sidelines. This was a shit hire and Elway needs to fix it. Dude is McD levels of a ****up at HC. At least McD was a part of winning in NE. What the hell was the fascination with this loser? What accomplishment did he have that made him appealing?

Don't hold back, Mike, let it out.

I don't feel the same level of detestation for VJ as I did for McD, but I am sick of yet another dreary depressing Monday morning, thanks to this dismal flaccid performance from the football team I root for. Its not any one thing, its every ******* thing, including this allegedly elite defense that no longer forces turnovers, nor provides any pass rush. Ack. For that I blame VJ and the entire coaching staff first and foremost

Freyaka
11-20-2017, 09:47 AM

But Mike, his practices, they are epic level practices. I mean, we have such good Wednesday practices each week, I just don't get it.

Rick
11-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Maybe they should skip the week practices and treat Sunday as a practice.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:59 AM

Now this is a winning idea. I like it.

Davii
11-20-2017, 10:06 AM
This could be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this board yet.

There are STILL those who say the same about McDouchenozzle.... So there's that...

Freyaka
11-20-2017, 10:15 AM

YOUR HIRED! Congrats on becoming the newest head coach of the Denver Broncos.

MOtorboat
11-20-2017, 12:09 PM
There are STILL those who say the same about McDouchenozzle.... So there's that...

I love that man.

Davii
11-20-2017, 01:32 PM
I love that man.

He's a great OC with Brady... He has been terrible at anything else.

wayninja
11-20-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm starting to learn how relative "terrible" is.

BeefStew25
11-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Sandy said this is the second worst bronco team ever.

slim
11-21-2017, 12:34 AM

I was thinking about this earlier and can't remember one worse. Granted, I haven't seen everything under the sun like Dread.

slim
11-21-2017, 12:40 AM
He's a great OC with Brady... He has been terrible at anything else.

Still better than VJ

ShaneFalco
11-24-2017, 08:04 AM
everyone at thanksgiving dinner wondered how VJ was coach of broncos

now i go to fight the rest of america over a smart tv at best buy

Shazam!
11-24-2017, 10:42 AM

I'll say this: this is the worst skid I have ever seen in terms of overall performance. Its one thing to get beaten soundly by talent. Its another thing with preparedness and coaching failures week after week.

Cugel
11-24-2017, 06:20 PM
I was thinking about this earlier and can't remember one worse. Granted, I haven't seen everything under the sun like Dread.

No, let's get real here. McMoron was worse because he was out of control, making really insane personnel moves, much worse than any of Elway's failures.

But, the losing is about the same. 2-8 in their last ten games one year and 4-12 the next. During that terrible stretch the team went 6-20, about the same level of futility as the Browns. Well, right now 1 1/2 years after the SB and the Broncos are currently the 4th worst team in football. They have a better record and later draft pick than the Browns, 49ers, Giants. That's it. Worse than the rest of the NFL:

Round 1 - Updated Nov. 21 - current 7-round order (* - playoff team). The decimal number next to each team is strength of schedule.

1. Cleveland (0-10) .525
2. San Francisco (1-9) .532
3. New York Giants (2-8) .509
4. Denver (3-7) .475
5. Indianapolis (3-7) .484
6. Chicago (3-7) .560
7. Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) .463
8. Cincinnati (4-6) .475
Oakland (4-6) .488
9. Arizona (4-6) .494
10. Cleveland - from Houston (4-6) .509
11. New York Jets (4-6) .516
12. Washington (4-6) .522
13. Miami (4-6) .541
14. Tampa Bay (4-6) .563
15. Dallas (5-5) .475

Notice that Denver has played an easier schedule than Indy, and the Bears, so they pick ahead of them despite having the same # of losses.

That's how bad things are for this team. There is no "reboot" no "we have to fix the offense before the SB window has closed." None of that.