PDA

View Full Version : WATCH: Chad Kelly practices for first time with Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3

ShaneFalco
11-01-2017, 06:05 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ContentGallery/Brock-Osweiler-holds-court-with-media-as-starting-quarterback-109808234

https://twitter.com/ckelly_10/status/925431493203083264

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Finally.

ShaneFalco
11-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Look at that touch chad has.

:laugh:

https://twitter.com/BroncosOffField/status/914677240838758401

GEM
11-01-2017, 06:13 PM
You posted the wrong link, buddy. That one is all Brock.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/WATCH-Rookie-QB-Chad-Kelly-practices-for-first-time-with-Broncos-109801338

Even with that link, Kelly is just standing behind Oz and ****face throwing the ball.

ShaneFalco
11-01-2017, 06:22 PM
i noticed siemian is now overthrowing people in practice.

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 06:23 PM
I think its hilarious Gem you have christened Siemien as $#?!face lol

Rick
11-01-2017, 06:28 PM
If Brock plays ok it's actually possible Trevor gets cut if they bring Kelly to the active roster.

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 07:08 PM
If Brock plays ok it's actually possible Trevor gets cut if they bring Kelly to the active roster.

Can't he be traded? Doesnt he have another year?

I believe Kelly is the real deal.

Rick
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM
They won't be keeping 4 active QBs.

If Kelly appears to not be injured, can they really stick him back on the IR? Not sure on that one.

If he is healthy though, and Brock is doing ok, Paxton is going nowhere, so where does that leave Trevor? Trade deadline has passed.

Something like 21 days now for Broncos to decide if Kelly goes to IR.

Cugel
11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Supposedly they will decide this weekend. And unless a team needs a QB and is willing to put him on their 53 man roster in mid-season nobody will sign him.

Tned
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
They won't be keeping 4 active QBs.

If Kelly appears to not be injured, can they really stick him back on the IR? Not sure on that one.

If he is healthy though, and Brock is doing ok, Paxton is going nowhere, so where does that leave Trevor? Trade deadline has passed.

Something like 21 days now for Broncos to decide if Kelly goes to IR.

Completely the clubs discretion.

After the six weeks, they have 21 days to decide if the player is ready to practice. If they decide he is, then he can practice for 21 days. At the end of that time, if they don't add him to the active roster (53 man roster) than he automatically moves to the IR list.

Tned
11-01-2017, 08:16 PM

agreed.

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 04:57 AM

agreed.

I see no other QB on our roster with the kind of versatility he has. He can do it all. I think he is the closest thing to QB of the future and the best prospect they had in years.

I hope they give him the chance. Thats all we could ask.

BroncoWave
11-02-2017, 06:22 AM
I see no other QB on our roster with the kind of versatility he has. He can do it all. I think he is the closest thing to QB of the future and the best prospect they had in years.

He'll have to show that he's not a complete nutcase anymore for me to have much hope that he'll ever accomplish much of anything in the NFL. I'm far from convinced.

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 06:47 AM

He'll have to show that he's not a complete nutcase anymore for me to have much hope that he'll ever accomplish much of anything in the NFL. I'm far from convinced.

Hopefully that was immaturity and Uncle Jim whacked him over the head a few times.

Tned
11-02-2017, 07:01 AM

Just like any college player, his game may or may not translate to the NFL. Then there is the "no longer a nutcase" factor that Wave rightly mentions.

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 07:12 AM

Just like any college player, his game may or may not translate to the NFL. Then there is the "no longer a nutcase" factor that Wave rightly mentions.

He played in a mostly pro style offense. I believe his game translates excellent to the NFL. But, is he a headcase?

He can't do worse than a QB now known as ?!$@face. I just want them to not waste the pick and give him a legit shot. Because if it weren'tfor off field issues and injury, he could probably have gone much higher.

Tned
11-02-2017, 08:14 AM
He played in a mostly pro style offense. I believe his game translates excellent to the NFL. But, is he a headcase?

He can't do worse than a QB now known as ?!$@face. I just want them to not waste the pick and give him a legit shot. Because if it weren'tfor off field issues and injury, he could probably have gone much higher.

I'm hoping for the best. I think I was the first to use a #Kelly2018 hashtag in the off season. I just know that over 50% of first round QBs are busts, including a lot picked in the top 10. He's a long shot. An intriguing one and one I'm hoping can be a legit, higher end starter for the Broncos, but he's a long shot.

Freyaka
11-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Can't he be traded? Doesnt he have another year?

Who would trade for him? Who wants a steaming pile of feces for a QB? I don't get why people think we can trade Trevor for anything more than a half eaten snickers and a used condom...

BeefStew25
11-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Geez guys. Trevor is a human and prolly a good one.

Davii
11-02-2017, 03:25 PM

My sources say that he is, in fact, a steaming pile of feces wearing a uniform and just ACTING like a human. I think you've been duped Mr. Beef.

Tned
11-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I think you've been duped Mr. Beef.

Wait, what? Tell me they aren't cloning Beef and creating dupes of him!!

Freyaka
11-02-2017, 04:03 PM

He seems like a nice enough dude, as a QB he leaves a hell of a lot to be desired over the last several months.

Cugel
11-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Based on what? Nothing much really. He will get his chance in training camp next season. Until then it's a waste of time to worry about him much.

Elway is very likely to move up in the draft in the first round to get a top elite QB prospect, in which case Chad Kelly will be as much of an afterthought as Kyle Sloter was. And said QB prospect will sit on the bench until he is ready to start, behind some veteran not named Trevor Siemian.

Cugel
11-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Who would trade for him? Who wants a steaming pile of feces for a QB? I don't get why people think we can trade Trevor for anything more than a half eaten snickers and a used condom...

Trevor Siemian was a 7th round pick. Nobody in the NFL could ever understand why the Broncos started him in the first place. Nobody outside the organization ever believed he could be a starting Qb. Now that he has proven that he can't, why would they change their minds and suddenly want him? He's finished in the NFL as a starter. He will have to go somewhere and compete for a backup role, that he is likely to win. He's smart enough to back up somewhere.

Just not good enough to win games when you have to rely on him.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Based on what? Nothing much really. He will get his chance in training camp next season. Until then it's a waste of time to worry about him much.

Elway is very likely to move up in the draft in the first round to get a top elite QB prospect, in which case Chad Kelly will be as much of an afterthought as Kyle Sloter was. And said QB prospect will sit on the bench until he is ready to start, behind some veteran not named Trevor Siemian.

There aren't any "top elite QB prospects" in the upcoming draft.

GEM
11-02-2017, 04:34 PM
I think its hilarious Gem you have christened Siemien as $#?!face lol

I give all my qb's names:

Whiny bitch (Cutler)
Teblow
Fainting goat (Orton)
PFM
Giraffe
****face

:D

BroncoJoe
11-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Whiny bitch (Cutler)
Teblow
Fainting goat (Orton)
PFM
Giraffe
****face

Just for clarification, does Siemian's nickname start with an F or a D?

tia

GEM
11-02-2017, 04:41 PM
F :)

Cugel
11-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Whiny bitch (Cutler)
Teblow
Fainting goat (Orton)
PFM
Giraffe
****face

THose are some pretty much appropriate names. Except that I call them "Giraffe #1 and Giraffe #2". They are pretty much indistinguishable "giraffes who can't play dead in a Western."

But, you have to admit Brock's coat has such a pretty albino color:

GEM
11-02-2017, 05:02 PM
THose are some pretty much appropriate names. Except that I call them "Giraffe #1 and Giraffe #2". They are pretty much indistinguishable "giraffes who can't play dead in a Western."

But, you have to admit Brock's coat has such a pretty albino color:

I hadn't even taken the time to name Paxton, but he's looking like butt pirate at this point. :D

Hawgdriver
11-02-2017, 06:48 PM
He seems like a nice enough dude, as a QB he leaves a hell of a lot to be desired over the last several months.

really the last few games. He's gone David Carr on us. Abort! Abort!

To deny he had potential is at odds with his early season results and camp. He just got demolished, lost ability to perform in battle, and needed to take a seat. Some of it is on the line but really he couldn't compensate the way a lot of pros compensate and adapt.

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 09:17 PM
You see, that's the thing.

What happened to David Carr?

He was beaten to a pulp to the point it ruined him.

Siemien has all the mechanical tools of a pocket passer QB. He has shown much better instinct in the past but the total breakdown of the OLine destroyed him.

The inept OLine broke Trevor mentally while it hastened Peytons demise and broke him physically.

I don't see Oz having a much better go of it over the next two weeks either.

DT88TheGreat
11-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Hopefully that was immaturity and Uncle Jim whacked him over the head a few times.

If your scouting is the same thing you used to dub Trevor a good starting quarterback then you already wrote the final chapter for Kelly, also whats stopping kelly from being ruined like Trevor was by fox kubiak and Joseph? Also Kelly is vance Joseph's hand picked guy, his favorite qb in the draft, also Vance is going nowhere.... So how does Kelly succeed?

Simple Jaded
11-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Who cares if Kelly is a nutcase as long as he can play? TS has the personality of a wet mop but his teammates wanted him to be starter.

Simple Jaded
11-02-2017, 10:07 PM
If your scouting is the same thing you used to dub Trevor a good starting quarterback then you already wrote the final chapter for Kelly, also whats stopping kelly from being ruined like Trevor was by fox kubiak and Joseph? Also Kelly is vance Joseph's hand picked guy, his favorite qb in the draft, also Vance is going nowhere.... So how does Kelly succeed?
TS didn’t play for Fox.

BeefStew25
11-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Personal attacks on seimien really are dumb and childish.

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 11:02 PM

It wasnt magic that he started 20 something NFL games. This wasn't a young Peyton getting abused out there. This was a 7th rd pick thrust into a very tough situation that he wasn't ready for. He is still young and has much to learn.

His decline was a product of a horrible offensive line imo. He couldnt handle the pressure and abuse. He isnt the first QB to get ruined by the beatings he took. He took some monster shots out there and it has clearly affected him.

Simple Jaded
11-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Personal attacks on seimien really are dumb and childish.

I agree, you’re better than this people.

Cugel
11-03-2017, 08:13 PM
You see, that's the thing.

What happened to David Carr?

He was beaten to a pulp to the point it ruined him.

Siemien has all the mechanical tools of a pocket passer QB. He has shown much better instinct in the past but the total breakdown of the OLine destroyed him.

The inept OLine broke Trevor mentally while it hastened Peytons demise and broke him physically.

I don't see Oz having a much better go of it over the next two weeks either.

I could even agree with you but what difference would it make? Trevor was an 7th round pick. No 7th round pick has ever won a SB to my knowledge. The only guys not drafted in the first two rounds to win SBs were Brady, Warner and Russell Wilson (3RD round).

Most teams didn't even bother to scout him. So, he exceeded expectations to become a starter. He'd have to exceed them twice more to be SB caliber Q B and that didn't happen. No surprise.

It is actually called the "Peter Principle" which states that in any organization a man who is successful at one level will continue to rise up in the organization until he reaches his "level of incompetence." Unfortunately.

Simple Jaded
11-03-2017, 08:33 PM
i noticed siemian is now overthrowing people in practice.

Trigga ****face!

Cugel
11-04-2017, 11:41 AM
It wasnt magic that he started 20 something NFL games. This wasn't a young Peyton getting abused out there. This was a 7th rd pick thrust into a very tough situation that he wasn't ready for. He is still young and has much to learn.

His decline was a product of a horrible offensive line imo. He couldnt handle the pressure and abuse. He isnt the first QB to get ruined by the beatings he took. He took some monster shots out there and it has clearly affected him.

Yes. And now his days starting for the Broncos are over. Done. He will never start another game for them barring injury. So, about a 50% probability they are forced to give him another start prior to the year's end.

But, unless that happens and he suddenly starts looking like Aaron Rogers out there then he's gone in January and will be backing up for another team somewhere next season. They are not going to be "patient" with him because there's no upside to keeping him around.

Next year the starting QB is, in order of each player being given a chance:

1. Osweiler (if he plays well in his chance)

2. Paxton (if Giraffe #1 flames out but Paxton comes in and impresses the coaching staff - yeah, like that's gonna happen!)

3. Chad Kelly (wildly unlikely they start Mr. Irrelevant, but he could wind up being the backup if the Broncos sign a FA veteran QB to start)

4. A FA veteran who could be someone Elways figures is undervalued - like they took a flyer on the Butt-Fumbler only to see him bumble his way out of town with turnovers).

5. A move up in the first round to secure a future franchise QB. This will be the most likely scenario if the Broncos tank the rest of the season, and run Osweiler and Lynch out of town. In that case of course, Kelly is relegated to the practice squad unless they carry 3 QBs on the active roster and they will probably try and secure a veteran starter until the rookie is ready to start - i.e. the same scenario they tried with Paxton Lynch only he was never ready to step in and start.

DT88TheGreat
11-04-2017, 09:07 PM
You'd swear Paxton lynch has been in the league for 5 year's or so the way many talk. This dude has like 1 start, 1 year and a half experience as a pro. Hasn't even had enough time to officially flame out. I guarantee the Broncos can trade lynch today for something and theredI be multiple teams wanting him. Not so much for Trevor though.

So you have to give him a shot, dude has like a 4 or 5 year contract and he was actually predicted by allllll the experts to need 2-3 red shirt year's, the only way to speed that process up is to actually play in GAME'S. Which is why he must play.

DT88TheGreat
11-04-2017, 09:08 PM
A move up in the first round for who exactly? Someone show me a elite prospect coming out.

DT88TheGreat
11-04-2017, 09:23 PM
If the Broncos are picking 12 or so I sure as hell hope tbey draft roquan smith, MLB from Georgia, a athletic and mentally gifted inside backer who can actually cover tight ends and running backs out the back field.

Lamar Jackson is seen in most mocks as the number one pick or best quarterback prospect, which lets you know just how weak the class is and im somebody who thinks he is actually the best quarterback prospect but number one overall? Nah that says the class is weak if Jackson is the number one pick. There are much better offensive weapons (including some good tackles) coming out to be had in the top 5 over any of this group of quarterback. All of thrm lool like they'll need multiple year's before they even have a shot.

Cugel
11-04-2017, 11:34 PM
If the Broncos are picking 12 or so I sure as hell hope tbey draft roquan smith, MLB from Georgia, a athletic and mentally gifted inside backer who can actually cover tight ends and running backs out the back field.

Lamar Jackson is seen in most mocks as the number one pick or best quarterback prospect, which lets you know just how weak the class is and im somebody who thinks he is actually the best quarterback prospect but number one overall? Nah that says the class is weak if Jackson is the number one pick. There are much better offensive weapons (including some good tackles) coming out to be had in the top 5 over any of this group of quarterback. All of thrm lool like they'll need multiple year's before they even have a shot.

This kind of argument will make a lot more sense in February than it does now. College season isn't even over yet. When it is the evaluation process will begin.

Cugel
11-04-2017, 11:40 PM
You'd swear Paxton lynch has been in the league for 5 year's or so the way many talk. This dude has like 1 start, 1 year and a half experience as a pro. Hasn't even had enough time to officially flame out. I guarantee the Broncos can trade lynch today for something and theredI be multiple teams wanting him. Not so much for Trevor though.

So you have to give him a shot, dude has like a 4 or 5 year contract and he was actually predicted by allllll the experts to need 2-3 red shirt year's, the only way to speed that process up is to actually play in GAME'S. Which is why he must play.

Dude has shown literally nothing in that time. Usually there are spurts. Flashes of brilliant talent but inconsistent. But, Paxton has been pretty consistently bad. They keep saying "he's just not ready" but when will he ever be ready?

There's just nothing to indicate he ever will. I don't think there's an example of a first round QB not starting for his team eventually outside of Johnny Manziel but Aaron Rogers who sat behind a Hall of Famer.

Paxton couldn't beat out Trevor and we know he sucks. I don't think Paxton thinks he's a starting caliber QB any more. His confidence seems to be shot after losing the QB competition so badly. It wasn't even close.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-05-2017, 12:12 AM

You don’t play a qb just to give him experience unless your team is out of the playoff race.

This ain’t intramurals brother

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 12:35 AM

Roquan Smith is too fast, agile, athletic, talented and black to get Broncos fans 1st round grades. We’re looking for that fiery, forget-the-combine-numbers, coach-on-the-field type.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 12:37 AM
Roquan Smith is too fast, agile, athletic, talented and black to get Broncos fans 1st round grades. We’re looking for that fiery, forget-the-combine-numbers, coach-on-the-field type.

Lol someone's jaded.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 12:41 AM
Lol someone's jaded.

I’m tryin to win a mother****ing game, Hawg!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-05-2017, 01:55 AM

I’m always looking for the next Mobley or Wilson.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 05:50 AM

Yes. And now his days starting for the Broncos are over. Done. He will never start another game for them barring injury. So, about a 50% probability they are forced to give him another start prior to the year's end.

Um. I didn't say otherwise. My point is his drastic decline in performance was a byproduct of their horrible OLine. Expecting Oz to be any different? We will see how well he does vs a good Philly defense. I'm not expecting much. He will probably look impressive early on.

DT88TheGreat
11-05-2017, 12:43 PM
You don’t play a qb just to give him experience unless your team is out of the playoff race.

This ain’t intramurals brother

You think we're in the race? I dont think we have any shot at the playoffs if the offense cannot score.

DT88TheGreat
11-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Yeah man id keep adding as much talent as possible to the defense. The d line is shaping up great, now we need that insane inside backer, I like Marshall but I think he's better when he is not the main guy in the middle like when we had trevathan. Roquan is my guy if we're picking10-12. Qnd if we get closer id still take roquan or one of the two top 10 tackles. Whoever loses the battle at LT just plays RT even further solidifying our o line with two first round picks at the tackle slots.

Trading up for a quarterback in this year's draft shouldn't be a option. Let the coaches coach some of our young talent at the pposition and if nobody shows by next seasons end that they are looking the part as a franchise quarterback then maybe take a look at bringing in another guy.

Cugel
11-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Um. I didn't say otherwise. My point is his drastic decline in performance was a byproduct of their horrible OLine. Expecting Oz to be any different? We will see how well he does vs a good Philly defense. I'm not expecting much. He will probably look impressive early on.

If he can win one of the next two games then it makes sense to play out the season with Osweiler. If not, then the team will be 3-6 with 5 straight losses anyway, changing QB will not have helped, and they might as well see what they have in Paxton Lynch before committing to move up in the draft to get a top 5 QB next year.

They will probably see who is available in FA first though, like they kicked the tires on Tony Romo.

If Romo had decided to come here, the Broncos would probably b 5-2 right now and competing for the #1 overall seed and a chance to go to the SB. (Of course with this OL, it's possible that Romo could be in traction with a body cast and Trevor would be preparing to start).

The point is, Elway could look for a FA veteran next season. Probably not Cousins. Certainly not Drew Brees or Philip Rivers or Andrew Luck. Somebody else who is unexpected right now.

Cugel
11-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Yeah man id keep adding as much talent as possible to the defense. The d line is shaping up great, now we need that insane inside backer, I like Marshall but I think he's better when he is not the main guy in the middle like when we had trevathan. Roquan is my guy if we're picking10-12. Qnd if we get closer id still take roquan or one of the two top 10 tackles. Whoever loses the battle at LT just plays RT even further solidifying our o line with two first round picks at the tackle slots.

Trading up for a quarterback in this year's draft shouldn't be a option. Let the coaches coach some of our young talent at the pposition and if nobody shows by next seasons end that they are looking the part as a franchise quarterback then maybe take a look at bringing in another guy.

You are a year too slow. They are evaluating what they have in terms of QB talent on the roster THIS year.

Trevor had his chance and failed so now he will sit on the bench barring injury to the other two QBs.

Osweiler has a chance now to prove that he can be a franchise QB. If he plays well enough to win one of the next two games then great. Let him start the rest of the season and decide then whether you want to re-sign him long-term at somewhere north of $18M a year (NO I don't think he's worth it, that's just what starters get for long term deals. Really good QBs get more than $20M, but Osweiler won't command that much).

If Os flames out we will see Giraffe #3. God help us.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 01:37 PM
I’m always looking for the next Mobley or Wilson.

Either at WILB in this defense? Lawd have mercy.

DT88TheGreat
11-05-2017, 02:28 PM
You are a year too slow. They are evaluating what they have in terms of QB talent on the roster THIS year.

Trevor had his chance and failed so now he will sit on the bench barring injury to the other two QBs.

Osweiler has a chance now to prove that he can be a franchise QB. If he plays well enough to win one of the next two games then great. Let him start the rest of the season and decide then whether you want to re-sign him long-term at somewhere north of $18M a year (NO I don't think he's worth it, that's just what starters get for long term deals. Really good QBs get more than $20M, but Osweiler won't command that much).

If Os flames out we will see Giraffe #3. God help us.

There's absolutely zero chance that elway gives Brock 18 million or more. He's already dodged that bullet before and it won't happen again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-05-2017, 09:57 PM
You think we're in the race? I dont think we have any shot at the playoffs if the offense cannot score.

At this point I think you’re right. We should go ahead and play Stretch the Pirate so we can secure a top 10 pick because we’re not going to make the playoffs

DT88TheGreat
11-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Yup. We need.top.ten picks in every round so we can accumulate the best talent.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Yup. We need.top.ten picks in every round so we can accumulate the best talent.

Talent like Paxton Lynch?

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Chad Kelly mived to injured reserve. We wont see a glimpse if at all until 2018. Disappointment. As usual. With this team. Grr.

ShaneFalco
11-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Hawgdriver
11-06-2017, 05:20 PM
it's ok, he needed time to gel anyway

plus this gives him some time to enjoy CO more fully

ShaneFalco
11-06-2017, 05:25 PM
I just read Vance Jospehs comments about sending them to IR.

This guy really starting to trouble me.

ShaneFalco
11-06-2017, 05:26 PM
“They’re both going to go down,” Joseph said. “Chad Kelly, obviously, he came back and practiced last week, and obviously numbers-wise, it doesn’t make sense for our football team. We were hoping that Jake could come back and help us at this point, but he’s not ready yet. So we’re going to put both of those guys down.”

Nope. no sense at all in letting rookies develop in practice!

We need to keep the real players on the roster, like huerman, siemian and oswieler.

:lol:

Let the rookies figure it out next year. And we have another excuse to be bad next year.

Nomad
11-06-2017, 05:27 PM
This Chad Kelly must be different than the one I saw with Ole Miss....so much hype.

ShaneFalco
11-06-2017, 05:28 PM
This Chad Kelly must be different than the one I saw with Ole Miss....so much hype.

only one of the greatest SEC seasons ever.

Hype indeed

Tned
11-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Wait, what? He's euthanizing Kelly and Butt? What the hell happened, did they hit on VJ's wife?

Nomad
11-06-2017, 05:34 PM
only one of the greatest SEC seasons ever.

Hype indeed

I guess you gotta get excited about something.

Shazam!
11-06-2017, 06:20 PM

If you saw him at Ole Miss why see eyou not creaming your draws

Nomad
11-06-2017, 06:39 PM
If you saw him at Ole Miss why see eyou not creaming your draws

Wait and see if his talent from college translates into the NFL. I do question his mental maturity. All we can do is hope the guy is the QBOTF.

I'm not shocked to see him going to IR. This only means Lynch is that much closer to playing.

ShaneFalco
11-06-2017, 06:43 PM
it means the coaches dont have a clue.

VJ is up there like baghdad bob telling people the season isnt over.

I am getting Kelly as much practice as possible for next year.

wayninja
11-06-2017, 06:51 PM
If beef is the moral compass in this thread, you guys clearly have done something shameworthy.

Also, I wonder if 60 is available as a FA? Kid has an arm!

BeefStew25
11-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Post reported personal attack.

Hawgdriver
11-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I just want me some Pirate Eyes.

FTZ18FQlPkQ

Slick
11-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Effin a Hawg. Hall and Oates!

wayninja
11-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I can't believe all these years I thought the song was called "PRIVATE eyes"...

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 08:47 PM
why was he moved to IR?

BroncoWave
11-19-2017, 08:51 PM
why was he moved to IR?

Because he's injured...

ShaneFalco
11-19-2017, 10:05 PM
thats a lie

Davii
11-20-2017, 12:36 AM
thats a lie

Because aliens?

He's hurt, not ready, and they're not going to waste a roster spot or waive him...

This isn't hard Shane

BroncoWave
11-20-2017, 07:03 AM
thats a lie

Shane, everything in life isn't some giant conspiracy. Sometimes things just are what they are.

Tned
11-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Shane, everything in life isn't some giant conspiracy. Sometimes things just are what they are.

Call me crazy, but this sounds like some mind control, voodoo propaganda you are laying on us.

We WILL NOT be manipulated. We CAN HANDLE the truth. We DEMAND the truth!!!!

ShaneFalco
11-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Stop telling the people lies. I saw kelly throwing the ball to fat kids

slim
11-21-2017, 01:37 AM
why was he moved to IR?

The same reason Sloter was released.

Broncoknight30
11-21-2017, 07:51 AM
I just cannot see how Kelly is going to be given an opportunity here. Think about how this needs to play out for it to happen. I really cannot see how it happens.

Still wanting to see what they DON'T HAVE in Lynch. Still not sure if the Broncos are planning on either drafting a QB or if they plan on going after a FA like an Alex Smith or Cousins.

If the Broncos are not going to play Lynch, then it really gets hazy for the plans with Kelly.

If the Broncos decide that Lynch is not the guy, do they go into next season throwing Kelly in there as "the plan?" Of course not.

I really cannot envision a scenario where he will be given a real shot. Especially if they draft a QB in the first round, or if they sign a high priced FA. The only real way Kelly would get his shot is something like what happened with Brady. Brady was not in the Pats plan. He was a 6th rounder. Unless Kelly is thrown in there as a result of injuries to QBs in front of him, and then he really lights it up when he gets in, then the scenario of him being the future is just not there.

There is no other scenario for it to happen with Kelly here. Please tell me the scenario that I am not seeing if there is one.

Shazam!
11-21-2017, 09:10 AM
I just cannot see how Kelly is going to be given an opportunity here. Think about how this needs to play out for it to happen. I really cannot see how it happens.

Still wanting to see what they DON'T HAVE in Lynch. Still not sure if the Broncos are planning on either drafting a QB or if they plan on going after a FA like an Alex Smith or Cousins.

If the Broncos are not going to play Lynch, then it really gets hazy for the plans with Kelly.

If the Broncos decide that Lynch is not the guy, do they go into next season throwing Kelly in there as "the plan?" Of course not.

I really cannot envision a scenario where he will be given a real shot. Especially if they draft a QB in the first round, or if they sign a high priced FA. The only real way Kelly would get his shot is something like what happened with Brady. Brady was not in the Pats plan. He was a 6th rounder. Unless Kelly is thrown in there as a result of injuries to QBs in front of him, and then he really lights it up when he gets in, then the scenario of him being the future is just not there.

There is no other scenario for it to happen with Kelly here. Please tell me the scenario that I am not seeing if there is one.

That's all up to Kelly in his time away. How is he prepping? Is he going to work out with a QB coach or party all off-season? If he can up his game he can compete in Preseason. That's all we can hope for he gets a good look.

Next year will be a QB competition with players we habe no idea who they will be. I domt believe Oz and Siemien will be back. Oz a definite. Deal Trevor if they can or just cut him.

Broncoknight30
11-21-2017, 09:24 AM
That's all up to Kelly in his time away. How is he prepping? Is he going to work out with a QB coach or party all off-season? If he can up his game he can compete in Preseason. That's all we can hope for he gets a good look.

Next year will be a QB competition with players we habe no idea who they will be. I domt believe Oz and Siemien will be back. Oz a definite. Deal Trevor if they can or just cut him.

Well, Sloter did all of that. He outperformed everyone and he was let go. That is due to the economics.

If the Broncos let go Oz, and Siemian is not brought back, I seriously doubt they will be going into TC thinking the battle will be between Kelly and Lynch.

That won't happen, which means they would be planning on drafting yet another QB in the first round, or signing a high priced FA. Either way the economics will not allow Kelly to have a realistic opportumity.

Tned
11-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Well, Sloter did all of that. He outperformed everyone and he was let go. That is due to the economics.

If the Broncos let go Oz, and Siemian is not brought back, I seriously doubt they will be going into TC thinking the battle will be between Kelly and Lynch.

That won't happen, which means they would be planning on drafting yet another QB in the first round, or signing a high priced FA. Either way the economics will not allow Kelly to have a realistic opportumity.

Maybe I misread your first sentence, but Sloter wasn't let go for any economic reason. They chose not to outbid MN, but then a week later the Broncos gave a RB even more money than Sloter got to sign to their practice squad.

Who knows whether or not they would have kept him on the active roster if Lynch hadn't gotten hurt and they then signed Brock, but based on the fact they weren't willing to match MN's offer, all indications are they wouldn't have.

Siemian beat out a first round draft pick, so there is no reason to believe that if the Broncos draft a QB and don't think he's ready to start (not uncommon with QBs), that Kelly could win the starting job. Now, presumably, if it's a high draft pick, then Kelly would be considered a seat warmer, but he would absolutely have the chance to win the job.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Lynch would’ve beat out Siemian if it wasn’t for Mike McCoy and his horrible coaching.

Tned
11-21-2017, 05:33 PM
lynch would’ve beat out siemian if it wasn’t for mike mccoy and his horrible coaching.

:lol:

Cugel
11-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

Maybe I misread your first sentence, but Sloter wasn't let go for any economic reason. They chose not to outbid MN, but then a week later the Broncos gave a RB even more money than Sloter got to sign to their practice squad.

Who knows whether or not they would have kept him on the active roster if Lynch hadn't gotten hurt and they then signed Brock, but based on the fact they weren't willing to match MN's offer, all indications are they wouldn't have.

Siemian beat out a first round draft pick, so there is no reason to believe that if the Broncos draft a QB and don't think he's ready to start (not uncommon with QBs), that Kelly could win the starting job. Now, presumably, if it's a high draft pick, then Kelly would be considered a seat warmer, but he would absolutely have the chance to win the job.

Sloter was considered "just a guy" by absolutely everybody except Broncos fans. That's why he was let go. The coaches and John Elway did not see the same "potential" that fans did. You keep pointing to the pre-season games, but there are a bunch of practices that are not open to the public and Sloter apparently sucked at those.

So, they already had 3 young "developmental" QBs on the roster in Brock, Trevor and Paxton, in addition to Kelly who is a long term project. They didn't frankly need another long term project. There's only so many developmental QBs who aren't ready to play they can carry on the roster.

I heard some idiot just absolutely burned by Ray Crockett on the radio because he insisted that Sloter was the best QB on the roster last pre-season. Pre-season is meaningless. We should know that from watching Trevor this summer. If only the pre-season counted, he'd be a hall of fame candidate!

Time to forget about Kyle Friggin' Sloter. There will be plenty of time to crucify Elway if Sloter ever becomes a star in the NFL. Don't hold your breath.

As for next year, obviously if the team loses 10 or 11 games this year, they are drafting a QB. The opportunity to have your pick of maybe 3 of the top 5 1st round QB prospects. They can keep Paxton on the roster as an insurance project, and they still have Trevor under contract for another season for dirt cheap.

If Elway concludes that they are a rebuilding team he will dump salary (DT, Talib), and go out and draft a franchise QB, and try and rebuild from the ground up. That's what 5-11, 6-10 teams do.

If you go 5-11 you are NOT a "re-boot not a re-building team."

As for Paxton, they are considering moving to more of a spread offense. But do the Broncos want to move to a system where the QB is a live target on every play? We saw that with RGIII. It can work for a while, but long term the QB takes too much of a beating to want to use that system.

This is because franchise QBs cost more than $20M a year these days and you don't want your $20M QB running around taking giant shots from defenders like Joey Bosa, Kalil Mack, Justin HOuston, Melvin Ingram, etc. Their career will be too short if they do that.

Cugel
11-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Quote Originally Posted by jaded View Post
lynch would’ve beat out siemian if it wasn’t for mike mccoy and his horrible coaching.

Paxton would have beaten out Trevor if he didn't suck, if he had any brains at all and could learn to read NFL defenses, and if Trevor had been another pirate!

Simple Jaded
11-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Paxton would have beaten out Trevor if he didn't suck, if he had any brains at all and could learn to read NFL defenses, and if Trevor had been another pirate!

Nope, it’s all McCoys fault, that’s the new narrative that I’m starting. Your endorsement is not required.

Edit; actually your endorsement is not wanted.

Broncoknight30
11-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Sloter was considered "just a guy" by absolutely everybody except Broncos fans. That's why he was let go. The coaches and John Elway did not see the same "potential" that fans did. You keep pointing to the pre-season games, but there are a bunch of practices that are not open to the public and Sloter apparently sucked at those.

So, they already had 3 young "developmental" QBs on the roster in Brock, Trevor and Paxton, in addition to Kelly who is a long term project. They didn't frankly need another long term project. There's only so many developmental QBs who aren't ready to play they can carry on the roster.

I heard some idiot just absolutely burned by Ray Crockett on the radio because he insisted that Sloter was the best QB on the roster last pre-season. Pre-season is meaningless. We should know that from watching Trevor this summer. If only the pre-season counted, he'd be a hall of fame candidate!

Time to forget about Kyle Friggin' Sloter. There will be plenty of time to crucify Elway if Sloter ever becomes a star in the NFL. Don't hold your breath.

As for next year, obviously if the team loses 10 or 11 games this year, they are drafting a QB. The opportunity to have your pick of maybe 3 of the top 5 1st round QB prospects. They can keep Paxton on the roster as an insurance project, and they still have Trevor under contract for another season for dirt cheap.

If Elway concludes that they are a rebuilding team he will dump salary (DT, Talib), and go out and draft a franchise QB, and try and rebuild from the ground up. That's what 5-11, 6-10 teams do.

As for Paxton, they are considering moving to more of a spread offense. But do the Broncos want to move to a system where the QB is a live target on every play? We saw that with RGIII. It can work for a while, but long term the QB takes too much of a beating to want to use that system.

This is because franchise QBs cost more than $20M a year these days and you don't want your $20M QB running around taking giant shots from defenders like Joey Bosa, Kalil Mack, Justin HOuston, Melvin Ingram, etc. Their career will be too short if they do that.

Yes, just to go over this one more time about Sloter. We know he probably will never make it. That is the truth. No one is disagreeing with that. The point is in regards to Kelly is Sloter (no matter how we want to deny it) outperformed every QB on this roster in TC and through preseason. He played better against the exact same talent as Lynch. He technically had the highest passer rating of any QB in the NFL in preseason.

What does all of that mean? Not much when considering the economic reality of the hard cap and the implications of each salary. Is it that simple? Yes, it truly tends to be that simple. The only true chance that a long long long shot like Sloter would be is too long to have any real shot. He was not a 7th round pick. He was not drafted. He basically drew NO SALARY.

We may think that is not a factor, well that is very very naive. The economics is as important or more important than any other issue on every team. Unfortunately for us fans, we are not privy to A LOT of that information and even if we were, it often takes people with an MBA to explain it.

The basics of it is Sloter had ZERO CHANCE regardless of how he performed. He was told that, and they meant that. The basic same situation is the reality in regards to Kelly. Right now as it stands, it would take a real miracle for Kelly to have a legit shot and it goes beyond outperforming everyone on the field.

Trust that.

Keep in mind if not for Mo Lewis hitting Bledsoe and injuring him, there is a distinct possibility we would not have heard of Tom Brady unless you were a Michigan Wolverine fanatic.

wayninja
11-22-2017, 05:02 PM

Exactly, they can only be wrong about so many QB's at any given time.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 08:52 PM

We all know.why Trevor beat out lynch and it wasn't about Trevor bring any good, he just lookedbetter in practice like a Orton with blanks firing they are decent hut only in practice. I guarantee he wouldn't beat out lynch next year in the off season because lynch is about to get the same kind of game experience Trevor got.

Kelly will have a shot at competing but it's likely that hell be behind the 8 ball when It comes too having the live bullet experience lynch is about too get. Unless Kelly is mentally Carson wentz, andrew luck type of quarterback who can dominate the playbook and film he won't sniff the number one spot week 1 next year. I think the year after is when hell have a legitimate chance to compete.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Lynch would’ve beat out Siemian if it wasn’t for Mike McCoy and his horrible coaching.

This!

McCoy put lynch behind the 8 ball because who could possibly develop as a raw rookie under McCoy.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 09:00 PM

Get a grip cugel plenty teams run spread offense, brady ran it for hundreds of years, manning made it legendary. There is nothing wrong with the spread offense as long as you are good at it. Good coaches adapt and tweak there system too what's going to bring out the best in his guy's and there are quite a few talents on.offense that comes from spread offenses from DT, McKenzie, Henderson, cjI Anderson, booker, the RB henderson, and I believe bolles played in the spread? Musgrave is doing the right thing getting his quarterback in something familiar, rather than sticking with anything McCoy installed. Trash that entire shit.

DT88TheGreat
11-24-2017, 09:01 PM

Trevor can read defense's?

ShaneFalco
11-28-2017, 09:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBp4uNu1-Y

Buff
11-28-2017, 10:27 AM

I am far from a Sloter truther - but it was a questionable decision to not protect him at the time, and it only looks worse with our QB struggles as the year goes on. Brock is not an NFL QB - at least Sloter has potential. We went with the "win now" move thinking that it was more important to get a backup with experience - and now we find ourselves in rebuilding mode and would love to have a guy with potential upside.

In other words - it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical whether Sloter ever works out or not in the NFL - but I don't think we are in any position to be smugly dismissing him either.

Shazam!
11-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Sloter... Really? At least Kelly is still in the Roster.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Sloter... Really? At least Kelly is still in the Roster.

Agree, least is the word I would use.

Cugel
11-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Supposedly, and this is according to Mike Klis on 104.3 the Fan: "sources inside the Broncos locker-room" rumor is that Chad Kelly is "devouring the play book" and is intensely focused on getting on the field. He'll get his chance next training camp. I think the Broncos might have to make a choice between keeping Paxton or Kelly.

It's going to be a VERY hard choice. If they cut Paxton they take a big cap hit, so they want to keep him on the roster 1 more year whether they use him or not. But, if they let Kelly get away and he becomes a franchise QB somewhere else without their even giving him a chance here, Elway's head would deserve to roll.

But, it's nice to hear he has his head on straight and is taking the chance to work at learning how to be an NFL QB the way Paxton never was willing to work hard enough to do. As DMac said: "I'm done with Paxton. I'm OK with Trevor as the backup qb for the next ten years, but Paxton Lynch? I'm totally done. Good-bye Francis!"

Cugel
11-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Nope, it’s all McCoys fault, that’s the new narrative that I’m starting. Your endorsement is not required.

Edit; actually your endorsement is not wanted.

Why would anyone endorse such nonsense? If your theory were true (everybody with eyes knows it isn't) then as soon as Paxton escaped from McCoy's malign influence, he would blossom, right? Well, no actually.

But surely he'll be great for some other team with a different system and different OC? If that happens you can brag about how you called it. Here's a super-secret: It's not happening.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Cugel, a smart man such as yourself should never quote d-bag, er, dmac .

Hawgdriver
11-30-2017, 12:01 AM
Cugel, a smart man such as yourself

How is this statement justified? Word count?

topscribe
11-30-2017, 01:13 AM
Trevor Siemian was a 7th round pick. Nobody in the NFL could ever understand why the Broncos started him in the first place. Nobody outside the organization ever believed he could be a starting Qb. Now that he has proven that he can't, why would they change their minds and suddenly want him? He's finished in the NFL as a starter. He will have to go somewhere and compete for a backup role, that he is likely to win. He's smart enough to back up somewhere.

Just not good enough to win games when you have to rely on him.
Why is it material that he is a 7th round pick? Brady was 6th round. Johnny Unitas was 17th
round (meaning in today's draft, he probably wouldn't be picked up even as a FA). On the other
side, Ryan Leaf and Steve Spurrier were first round as was our own Paxton Lynch, and Brock
Osweiler was 2nd round. (All through the spring, VJ kept saying that Paxton was "drafted in the
first round for a reason." He never divulged the reason.)

So you don't like what he has done on the field. Where he was drafted should have no effect on
that. First round, 7th round FA . . . put it in your back pocket and just watch him on the field.

Hawgdriver
11-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Nobody in the NFL could ever understand ....

Hyperbole alert.

https://img.haikudeck.com/mg/6842D459-3DB7-4F87-A542-5462F3E68F82.jpg

ShaneFalco
05-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Chad Kelly is apparently really in the Denver Broncos QB mix

https://fansided.com/2018/04/30/chad-kelly-in-denver-broncos-qb-mix/

If not for that knee injury, Kelly likely would have been no worse than a Day 2 pick in the 2017 draft. He was un-invited from the NFL Combine due to a past off-field issue, then aggravated a wrist injury at his Pro Day. He was originally recruited to Clemson, but was dismissed from the program and went the JUCO route before landing at Ole Miss. Injuries and off-field baggage almost left Kelly undrafted, but when healthy in college, he showed an NFL skill set.

In 2015, Kelly led the SEC in passing yards (4,042) and touchdowns (31), while also adding 509 rushing yards and 10 more touchdowns on the ground as the Rebels went 10-3 with wins over Alabama, Auburn and LSU. He was off to a solid start in 2016, with 2,758 passing yards and 24 total touchdowns (19 passing), before being injured against Georgia Southern on Nov. 5 that year.

Canmore
05-01-2018, 02:00 PM
I don't care who the man is, as long as we have one. If it is Kelly...fine, just be the man.

Freyaka
05-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Stop telling the people lies. I saw kelly throwing the ball to fat kids

Why was he throwing you the ball?

ShaneFalco
05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Whiny bitch (Cutler)
Teblow
Fainting goat (Orton)
PFM
Giraffe
****face

did you call him teblow because he blew your mind at the end of games?

Rick
05-01-2018, 02:55 PM
It's kind of like that feeling when you are just about asleep and then suddenly something happens that jolts you awake.

ShaneFalco
05-05-2018, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42zTN3nkjPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmkkOt5vnc

Nomad
05-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Preach it, Falco. :D

ShaneFalco
05-05-2018, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00bpLSFoI1c

Nomad
05-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Well......you didn't have to go there. :D :tear:

ShaneFalco
05-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Well......you didn't have to go there. :D :tear:

its okay fournette destroyed them in 2016

Nomad
05-05-2018, 06:09 PM
its okay fournette destroyed them in 2016

Guice did too last year. It was glorious.

sneakers
05-05-2018, 08:19 PM
I was very confused by the first page of this thread

Simple Jaded
05-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Food for thought; the last player taken in the ‘17 Draft has a lot in common with the first player taken in the ‘18 Draft.

Jsteve01
05-06-2018, 11:53 PM

Food for thought; the last player taken in the ‘17 Draft has a lot in common with the first player taken in the ‘18 Draft.

Great point

Simple Jaded
05-10-2018, 10:38 PM

Broncos should trade for Robert Nkemdichie ... and make him a TE.

ShaneFalco
05-10-2018, 11:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

Jsteve01
05-11-2018, 12:53 AM

Broncos should trade for Robert Nkemdichie ... and make him a TE.

That guy is the biggest waste of physical ability in the NFL. What a freak

ShaneFalco
05-11-2018, 01:01 AM
i cant wait for college football to start again.

ShaneFalco
05-12-2018, 07:34 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chad-kelly-chance-win-broncos-backup-qb-job-210548056--nfl.html

Kelly has impressed both on and off the field.

''Well, I've been proud of Chad overall,'' coach Vance Joseph said. ''I mean, he's been here every day. He's worked his butt off. And he's changed his body. Last year he was a little tubby kid. He is really lean now. He's eating right. He's working hard. He's definitely put the work in.

''And he's throwing the ball really well right now.''

So much so that bare hands are a bad idea for receivers, suggested tight end Jake Butt.

''He can rip that thing now,'' said Butt, who also sat out his rookie season. ''You've definitely got to wear gloves. He'll be spinning that bad boy pretty tough. He's learning the offense, he's taking leadership, he's doing a great job.''

Joseph insisted Lynch was handling himself fine, too.

Nomad
05-12-2018, 07:35 PM
It's not a Falco post without a gif or video. :D

Davii
05-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Some very good things about Kelly coming out of camp. We shall see if they hold true for the season. I hope so, I’d love to see him develop into the man.

Nomad
05-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Some very good things about Kelly coming out of camp. We shall see if they hold true for the season. I hope so, I’d love to see him develop into the man.

If he plays like at Ole Miss, we'll all love him. As an LSU guy, I hated playing him.

Davii
05-12-2018, 08:14 PM
If he plays like at Ole Miss, we'll all love him. As an LSU guy, I hated playing him.

I definitely know what you mean. I watch LSU football with the father in law, as much as he didn’t like Kelly he said he’ll probably be our starter in two years when we drafted him.

Nomad
05-12-2018, 08:20 PM
I definitely know what you mean. I watch LSU football with the father in law, as much as he didn’t like Kelly he said he’ll probably be our starter in two years when we drafted him.

If I lived down there, I'd definitely have season tickets to Tiger games. There is nothing like a packed house at night in Baton Rouge. I've never been a fan of the Saints, but Brees has made the Saints easy to root for.

Davii
05-12-2018, 08:21 PM
If I lived down there, I'd definitely have season tickets to Tiger games. There is nothing like a packed house at night in Baton Rouge. I've never been a fan of the Saints, but Brees has made the Saints easy to root for.

The Superdome gets going. I’d love to go see an LSU game, looks like a good time.

BeefStew25
05-12-2018, 09:23 PM
I think Kelly is insanely handsome.

ShaneFalco
05-12-2018, 10:07 PM
https://s3.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/fGq2tvy3xeBZm11x48wOrg--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3E9NzU7dz01MTI7c209MQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201805121458539014309

Simple Jaded
05-12-2018, 10:48 PM

He ran a few plays on offense in college, he could be the best TE in football.

He’s every bit as fast as Butt at 290lbs.

Jsteve01
05-12-2018, 11:37 PM

He ran a few plays on offense in college, he could be the best TE in football.

He’s every bit as fast as Butt at 290lbs.

He has every bit the physical ability that watt has, and has managed to do nothing in two seasons.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-12-2018, 11:53 PM
He has every bit the physical ability that watt has, and has managed to do nothing in two seasons.

Who?

ShaneFalco
05-13-2018, 07:50 PM
https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/995368839113314304

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/995368141608968195

https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/995375999671037952

ShaneFalco
05-13-2018, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSaWeCr8GUk

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Stop getting my hopes up Shane!

DenBronx
05-13-2018, 09:50 PM
This is rapidly approaching Tebowesc level of stalking.

Don't make us all hate Chad Kelly

ShaneFalco
05-13-2018, 11:14 PM

i am sorry if posting stuff from rookie minicamp after a long offseason pisses people off.

Oh wait.

Im not.

SWAG

Davii
05-13-2018, 11:20 PM

We're nowhere near that level of ridiculousness.

Simple Jaded
05-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Who?

Robert Nkemdichi, DL for the Cardinals. He’s a freaklete that’s coasting on talent and draft pedigree, 6’-4”/295 and ran 4.6’s as a recruit, he literally moves like a TE ... a freak TE.

But he’s done nothing with it.

Edit, 2 seasons and 20 tackles ... zero sacks. 29th pick, overall, he has 1st overall talent in any draft.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Robert Nkemdichi, DL for the Cardinals. He’s a freaklete that’s coasting on talent and draft pedigree, 6’-4”/295 and ran 4.6’s as a recruit, he literally moves like a TE ... a freak TE.

Edit, 2 seasons and 20 tackles ... zero sacks. 29th pick, overall, he has 1st overall talent in any draft.

So you’re saying he has pirate syndrome... like some other guy I know...

TXBRONC
05-14-2018, 06:39 AM
So you’re saying he has pirate syndrome... like some other guy I know...

Chad Kelly?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2018, 08:00 AM

I remember him; Mississippi right?

I believe he had a reputation in college of being an underachiever. So, there’s that...

BeefStew25
05-14-2018, 12:40 PM

I believe he had a reputation in college of being an underachiever. So, there’s that...

Is he 3 tech?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Is he 3 tech?

He could play the 5 or the 3. I don’t remember exactly what he did at Mississippi. I think it was a little of both.

BeefStew25
05-14-2018, 01:37 PM
He could play the 5 or the 3. I don’t remember exactly what he did at Mississippi. I think it was a little of both.

Man I hope he’s a 3 tech. Fits him.

Freyaka
05-14-2018, 02:01 PM

It's too late for that now....He's already passed critical mass. It's only a matter of time before it all implodes.

Simple Jaded
05-14-2018, 09:01 PM

Yup, he was on that hype video of Chad Kelly when he was at Mississip.

That’s why he dropped, one year of productivity.

He’d be a 5-tech in Denver. Or an All-World TE, I’m tellin ya.

ShaneFalco
05-15-2018, 12:14 AM
It's too late for that now....He's already passed critical mass. It's only a matter of time before it all implodes.

i like how you two have some weird opposition to me posting about kelly in a thread i made about kelly, that you click on to view.

Better tighten up those butt cheeks.

its going to be a long season.

Freyaka
05-15-2018, 12:51 PM
i like how you two have some weird opposition to me posting about kelly in a thread i made about kelly, that you click on to view.

Better tighten up those butt cheeks.

its going to be a long season.

It's literally nothing against kelly, you are just giving him the Tebow treatment, it makes people want to not cheer for the guy.

slim
05-15-2018, 01:08 PM
I ride with Shane on this one.

Kelly is our future.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2018, 01:42 PM

Kelly is our future.

Does this make us the three amigos?
Cinco amigos?

slim
05-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Cinco amigos?

We now have a bond that will never be broken.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2018, 03:37 PM
We now have a bond that will never be broken.

You’re drinking a Diet Coke right now, aren’t you?

Freyaka
05-15-2018, 04:09 PM

Without pants on.

Poet
05-15-2018, 05:06 PM

Diet coke is good.

BeefStew25
05-15-2018, 06:11 PM
It's literally nothing against kelly, you are just giving him the Tebow treatment, it makes people want to not cheer for the guy.

Speak for yourself. It makes me want to cheer for him.

Jsteve01
05-15-2018, 08:23 PM

Kelly is our future.

Cinco amigos?

Dont leave me out. Seis hermanos. I seriously all joking aside really do like Chad Kelly and Lambie made a great point today that just with his fiery makeup he's already a step ahead of Lynch. Their arm Talent is similar. He's not a giant if you want to hold that against him but plus athlete plus arm strength wins against top-level SEC opponents. A little Gunslinger maybe too much, but I'm telling you the character concerns are completely over stated he is by no means Johnny Manziel. And everybody says the guy is always in the film room first in the weight room last to leave. What's not to like about the kid?

ShaneFalco
05-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Dont leave me out. Seis hermanos. I seriously all joking aside really do like Chad Kelly and Lambie made a great point today that just with his fiery makeup he's already a step ahead of Lynch. Their arm Talent is similar. He's not a giant if you want to hold that against him but plus athlete plus arm strength wins against top-level SEC opponents. A little Gunslinger maybe too much, but I'm telling you the character concerns are completely over stated he is by no means Johnny Manziel. And everybody says the guy is always in the film room first in the weight room last to leave. What's not to like about the kid?

agree. But Teamswag will pick up more and more as the swag rolls in. I agree , the makeup is totally different. Remember this thread from last year? Says everything about Kelly and Lynch mental makeup. Lynch chillen, while Kelly is studying.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/607110-Photo-Says-alot

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNcPVxOX4AAWvN9?format=jpg

Yup. You bring up some good points, not the biggest guy, but was the offense against top level SEC. And i agree about the gunslinger. He does trust his arm too much. He will throw ints, until he realizes that will be used against him in the NFL. Character concerns dont bother me much. Kelly has the type of concerns of getting into fights. Not avoiding reading playbooks, like Johnny did. I believe Kelly truly cares about the game, but can be a hothead. I dont think Johnny ever really cared about football.

Poet
05-15-2018, 10:00 PM
Kelly over Keenum.

Simple Jaded
05-15-2018, 10:43 PM
He’s gonna have to dump the stupid “swag” shit, though.

Let old things die, kill it, if you have to.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2018, 10:57 PM
He’s gonna have to dump the stupid “swag” shit, though.

Let old things die, kill it, if you have to.
Swag lives.

You can take the upper middle class kid out of the hood, but you can’t take the hood outta him.

Dog is the perfect example. Homeboy still bumps the Easy E when he’s driving his $40k suv through the suburbs.

Poet
05-15-2018, 11:02 PM
I just want the Broncos to start a QB with big time talent, and yeah I understand that talent isn't everything. If Kelly can hit the requisite mental capacity, assuming he's not there, then start him.

Simple Jaded
05-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Swag lives.

You can take the upper middle class kid out of the hood, but you can’t take the hood outta him.

Dog is the perfect example. Homeboy still bumps the Easy E when he’s driving his $40k suv through the suburbs.

Mother******s act like they forgot about Dre!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Mother******s act like they forgot about Dre!
No, it’s just the fact he outlived em all and is old enough to be a grandpa.

Freyaka
05-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Diet coke is good.

At corroding you from the inside out?

dogfish
05-16-2018, 03:27 PM
Swag lives.

lmao! i drive a '04 grand am. . . you may have me confused with buff. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2018, 04:29 PM

What about the eazye part? Beastie Boys?

dogfish
05-16-2018, 04:33 PM
What about the eazye part? Beastie Boys?

you were close. . . not a fan of easy E or NWA, but i love ice cube. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2018, 05:12 PM

I’m not a fan of hip hop, but I could listen to Ice Cube and Tu Pac.

I had a friend who use to subject me to NWA back in the day

slim
05-16-2018, 05:16 PM
I saw NWA at BigMac in the late 80s maybe early 90s.

LL Cool J opened.

Hawgdriver
05-16-2018, 05:17 PM
I saw NWA at BigMac in the late 80s maybe early 90.

LL Cool J opened.

That's badass. What's bigmac?

slim
05-16-2018, 05:20 PM

Where the Nuggets used to play, before they built the Pepsi center...is it still called that?

Hawgdriver
05-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Where the Nuggets used to play, before they built the Pepsi center...is it still called that?

Yeah, still Pepsi Center.

That was some real talent, how was the show? Never been to a live rap thing. Always sounded kinda lame somehow.

slim
05-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Yeah, still Pepsi Center.

That was some real talent, how was the show? Never been to a live rap thing. Always sounded kinda lame somehow.

It was fun. Me and a couple of buddies, haf, surrounded by a sea of black people. Good times.

Simple Jaded
05-16-2018, 10:38 PM

Yay yay!

TXBRONC
05-17-2018, 08:04 AM

to all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, on a sesame seed bun? :whoknows:

Freyaka
05-17-2018, 09:35 AM

I'm sorry....as a former owner of an 01 grand am, I feel your pain.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Grand Prix were cool.

Davii
05-18-2018, 06:13 AM
I’m not a fan of hip hop, but I could listen to Ice Cube and Tu Pac.

I had a friend who use to subject me to NWA back in the day

Keyword: had

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Keyword: had

Indeed

Krugan
05-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Ahh Mcnichols, LOTS of shows i saw there.

Ozzy, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, (lighter stuff Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Motley Crue,) Just to name a few. I should have gotten frequent buyers spiff:(

Was a great place though, lots of really good memories.

Poet
05-18-2018, 04:24 PM
I hope Kelly makes it.

dogfish
05-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Yay yay!

get jiggy wit swiggy!

slim
05-18-2018, 09:25 PM
Ahh Mcnichols, LOTS of shows i saw there.

Ozzy, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, (lighter stuff Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Motley Crue,) Just to name a few. I should have gotten frequent buyers spiff:(

Was a great place though, lots of really good memories.

I saw GnR there too. Skid row opened.

dogfish
05-18-2018, 09:31 PM
I saw GnR there too. Skid row opened.

did you jam the eff out to "18 and life?"

:thrasher:

slim
05-18-2018, 09:37 PM
did you jam the eff out to "18 and life?"

:thrasher:

I don't remember!

dogfish
05-18-2018, 10:41 PM
I don't remember!

did you have a sweet mullet?

slim
05-18-2018, 10:48 PM
did you have a sweet mullet?

Actually, I did!!!

dogfish
05-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Actually, I did!!!

aw yea. . . i think we might need a lounge thread for this. . .

slim
05-18-2018, 10:58 PM
aw yea. . . i think we might need a lounge thread for this. . .

It's not what you think. The mullet looked good on me!!

dogfish
05-18-2018, 11:00 PM
It's not what you think. The mullet looked good on me!!

duh, mullets look great on anyone--man or woman alike. . . they're versatile, fashionable, and functional!

slim
05-18-2018, 11:02 PM
duh, mullets look great on anyone--man or woman alike. . . they're versatile, fashionable, and functional!

I wish we had digital photos back then. It would make your toes curl

ShaneFalco
05-23-2018, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/998992236485468161

Hawgdriver
05-23-2018, 10:35 AM

That's awesome! Maybe he has a great career ahead of him in netball? :laugh:

Nah, give him a chance to show he's legit, he's got some talent. If his between the ears shit is all straight, he could be great.

Davii
05-23-2018, 10:40 AM

"Don't make too much of it"

Follow simple instructions Shane! :lol:

ShaneFalco
05-23-2018, 10:41 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/084/533/cfe.gif

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Hawg with the netball reference. 😆😆

Hawgdriver
05-23-2018, 11:26 PM
Hawg with the netball reference. ����

Wait, so it's really a thing?

Nomad
05-23-2018, 11:29 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/084/533/cfe.gif

LoL. Falco's entertaining.

Poet
05-23-2018, 11:30 PM
Falco, do you know what movie that is? Because if you do, I'm going to go ham.

Davii
05-24-2018, 12:28 AM

I know. I bet Shane does.

Poet
05-24-2018, 12:29 AM
I know. I bet Shane does.

I grew up on that movie. It gets me hype af frfr

Davii
05-24-2018, 12:32 AM
I grew up on that movie. It gets me hype af frfr

Damn good flick. Cult classic.

ShaneFalco
05-24-2018, 11:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LxGtUWxv0o

underrated29
05-24-2018, 01:26 PM
Its funny that MK was brought up. A few weeks back at one of the bars in the DTC I was meeting some people and the bartender girl looked....just. like. GORO!

it was hilarious and kind of sad. She had big long hair almost in the same pony tail thingy. She was lacking an extra set of arms and was not 9 ft tall, however.

Oddly enough, she was still slightly attractive somehow. My buddy agreed that she looked a lot like GORO and that she was somehow not off putting.

Poet
05-24-2018, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LxGtUWxv0o

I'll never quit on you.

Poet
05-24-2018, 01:56 PM
So when does Kelly take over and win the starting job?

BroncoJoe
05-24-2018, 01:58 PM
So when does Kelly take over and win the starting job?

At the same moment you gain some sense. Which is never!

:yo:

Poet
05-24-2018, 01:59 PM
At the same moment you gain some sense. Which is never!

:yo:

This means that Kelly's winning us 9 consecutive SB's!

BroncoJoe
05-24-2018, 02:04 PM
This means that Kelly's winning us 9 consecutive SB's!

Sorry my man. It means he'll probably be cut.

Poet
05-24-2018, 02:05 PM
Sorry my man. It means he'll probably be cut.

Well, yeah, eventually. You win nine straight SB's and you get gassed. Sheesh!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Wait, so it's really a thing?

It is now my friend.

ShaneFalco
05-29-2018, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/1001524225327419392

ShaneFalco
05-29-2018, 06:47 PM
http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2018/05-May/temp18_20605BS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Poet
05-29-2018, 07:05 PM
https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/1001524225327419392

The fly boys love Swag Kelly!

ShaneFalco
05-29-2018, 07:58 PM
https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/1001516135806787585

ShaneFalco
05-29-2018, 08:01 PM
https://twitter.com/BroncoFanatic97/status/1001516201560887296

ShaneFalco
05-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Kelly threw an int and answered right back with a TD.

thats the type of swag we need

Poet
05-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Kelly over keenum

slim
05-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Kelly over keenum

Keenum is the present, Kelly is the future. Put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride.

BeefStew25
05-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Man Kelly is the new sloter

Poet
05-29-2018, 09:51 PM

I just want to have something to hope for.

Poet
05-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Keenum is the present, Kelly is the future. Put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride.

I reject pants.

BeefStew25
05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
I just want to have something to hope for.

Root for our starter.

Poet
05-29-2018, 10:35 PM
Root for our starter.

I want him to be great - I just don’t believe in him.

BeefStew25
05-29-2018, 11:33 PM
I want him to be great - I just don’t believe in him.

Good because you are a peon and your opinion doesn’t matter.

Poet
05-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Good because you are a peon and your opinion doesn’t matter.

We all are. This is the internet - which is only good for porn, memes, shopping, and seeing that there is nothing that matters in life.

But, since we are here, the beautiful lie continues.

Jsteve01
05-30-2018, 12:51 AM

I can't buy that. On multiple levels. Kelly beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU. Pretty decent resume

Simple Jaded
05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
Root for our starter.

Why?

slim
05-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Why?

Because rooting against yourself is gay?

Poet
05-31-2018, 09:38 PM

I can root for a player and know that he's probably not going to cut it. I can also be more hopeful for another player. These things are fine.

slim
05-31-2018, 09:40 PM
I can root for a player and know that he's probably not going to cut it. I can also be more hopeful for another player. These things are fine.

You will root for the team or ****. Those are the options.

Poet
05-31-2018, 09:44 PM
You will root for the team or ****. Those are the options.

By rooting for the team I'm pulling for the better player. When CK's out there I'm going to be pulling for him to do well. But that doesn't mean I'm not pulling for Kelly to usurp that job.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2018, 09:51 PM

I didn’t root for Bill Homonowski, turned out just fine.

Doesn’t mean I’m rooting against the Broncos, that’s gay.

slim
05-31-2018, 09:55 PM
I didn’t root for Bill Homonowski, turned out just fine.

Doesn’t mean I’m rooting against the Broncos, that’s gay.

You are gay and you smell bad. Keenum is the shit and you are bullshit.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Max Garcia, starter, not rooting for him either.

I’ve recently done a 180 on Todd Davis, he might be my adopted Broncos player.

slim
05-31-2018, 09:56 PM
By rooting for the team I'm pulling for the better player. When CK's out there I'm going to be pulling for him to do well. But that doesn't mean I'm not pulling for Kelly to usurp that job.

Case is the starting QB. Be a man, even though you were not born one

Simple Jaded
05-31-2018, 09:58 PM
You are gay and you smell bad. Keenum is the shit and you are bullshit.

I took a shower this week, I’m almost positive about it.

Some nights I just get some baby wipes and clean the pits, bat wings and taint.

Hawgdriver
05-31-2018, 09:59 PM
Max Garcia, starter, not rooting for him either.

I’ve recently done a 180 on Todd Davis, he might be my adopted Broncos player.

Oh no you don't.

slim
05-31-2018, 10:00 PM
I took a shower this week, I’m almost positive about it.

Some nights I just get some baby wipes and clean the pits, bat wings and taint.

Respectable, but you are better