PDA

View Full Version : About giraffes...

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Go Broncos and all that, but I get to vent some disdain at our sitch and here it is.

Elway adopts his first baby giraffe unexpectedly early in 2012. After 3 years of riding pine he gets a go and puts up 86 passer rating stuff, a 5-2 record behind the 2015 D, in 7 games.

Gets a lot of money as happens when a promising free agent QB hits the market. Like Denver will probably overspend after this year.

Then Oz pouts, hissy-fits, and flames out in Houston, where one year later rookie QB Deshaun Watson appears to have no problem working with the supposedly overbearing head coach.

Dumped to Cleveland where he's an inferior option to the NFL's worst currently active starting QB, Kizer--admittedly a long term project.

Returns at league min to Denver because Elway's 2d adopted baby giraffe can't be relied on as a backup.

Broncos release a promising long-term project in Kyle Sloter who almost immediately becomes the #2 QB in Minnesota--on equal depth chart footing with either giraffe.

I don't like it and have a hard time rooting for giraffes...

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Luke 15:11-32

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Luke 15:11-32

Yeah it's awesome Elway killed the fattened Sloter to prepare a feast for his erstwhile son.

underrated29
11-01-2017, 11:54 AM
We can always sign sloter from their PS to active roster if we want too.

Timmy!
Yeah it's awesome Elway killed the fattened Sloter to prepare a feast for his erstwhile son.

Let me know when Sloter completes a pass in the league. That said, I don't disagree, but dats da pas mehn.

Hawgdriver
Let me know when Sloter completes a pass in the league. That said, I don't disagree, but dats da pas mehn.

Yeah I know, and Sloter can eat a bag of slims.

Just stating facts.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 11:55 AM

You can do that when he's their #2 QB on their active roster?

dogfish
11-01-2017, 11:55 AM

lol! you keep saying this, yet sloter still isn't on their PS, homes. . . he's been on their 53 like all season. . . :listen:

underrated29
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
OH, I did not notice this. I thought he was still on ps....

I havent been paying much attention to fooseball this year. Work has me wrapped up. Glad you guys decided til week 8 to tell me though. Dont want to look like a fool or anything (set me self up there didnt i?)

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Guys, be nice to UR. He's been told his regulation 3 times now. We all know if it gets to 4 times we get to mock him.

underrated29
11-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Guys, be nice to UR. He's been told his regulation 3 times now. We all know if it gets to 4 times we get to mock him.

For you Ill allow 3x

Buff
11-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I've got love for Brock. That night that he brought us back against the Patriots on SNF was magical. A few things:

1.) Osweiler was likely the best QB on the Browns roster, but unless they were going to commit to him as the QB of the future then it didn't make sense to play him on a rebuilding team with younger QB draft picks who needed to be evaluated. So I don't buy into this idea that he wasn't good enough for the Browns or that Kizer is better than him. He was never going to be given a real opportunity there.

2.) O'Brien is a notorious penis to his QBs. (Hence he had Tom Savage play like one half before replacing him this year). I don't excuse Brock flaming out after one year and he's got to own the failure - but I also can understand how maybe he isn't solely to blame for that working relationship going south.

3.) We should have done more to keep Sloter. The coaching staff gambled that they could stash him and he had better opportunities and rightfully told Elway to get bent. That was a miss.

But I don't begrudge Brock for any of that. I like giraffes.

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 01:21 PM
I love giraffes.

tripp
11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
I love giraffes.

We'll all love giraffes this time next week if we come away with a W

Cugel
11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
I've got love for Brock. That night that he brought us back against the Patriots on SNF was magical. A few things:

1.) Osweiler was likely the best QB on the Browns roster, but unless they were going to commit to him as the QB of the future then it didn't make sense to play him on a rebuilding team with younger QB draft picks who needed to be evaluated. So I don't buy into this idea that he wasn't good enough for the Browns or that Kizer is better than him. He was never going to be given a real opportunity there.

2.) O'Brien is a notorious penis to his QBs. (Hence he had Tom Savage play like one half before replacing him this year). I don't excuse Brock flaming out after one year and he's got to own the failure - but I also can understand how maybe he isn't solely to blame for that working relationship going south.

3.) We should have done more to keep Sloter. The coaching staff gambled that they could stash him and he had better opportunities and rightfully told Elway to get bent. That was a miss.

But I don't begrudge Brock for any of that. I like giraffes.

The Browns are always trying out new QBs. But we don't know that Osweiler would be better on that team than Kiser. We might think that but don't know it.

But, Giraffes are fragile creatures. We might be back to Trevor soon, due to injuries.

Buff
11-01-2017, 01:41 PM

The Browns are always trying out new QBs. But we don't know that Osweiler would be better on that team than Kiser. We might think that but don't know it.

But, Giraffes are fragile creatures. We might be back to Trevor soon, due to injuries.

Right - but I've heard a lot of "Brock wasn't even good enough to beat out the Browns QBs" since he was traded here and that's not exactly true either - he was never seriously evaluated to be on their depth chart, he was just a camp arm for them. We don't know if he was better or worse.

wayninja
11-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Sloter to the Slaughter?

Cugel
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Right - but I've heard a lot of "Brock wasn't even good enough to beat out the Browns QBs" since he was traded here and that's not exactly true either - he was never seriously evaluated to be on their depth chart, he was just a camp arm for them. We don't know if he was better or worse.

It's a little more complicated than that. At first it was just about the draft pick, but he looked good in camp and they thought about starting him, but then Kizer looked good in the pre-season. (Note that Sloter fans!)

But what it comes down to is Osweiler didn't look enough better that they wanted to keep him, even though that forced Kizer into the lineup before he was ready.

Well, that was Cleveland, so we'll see this week is Brock can do anything.

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 01:53 PM
It's a little more complicated than that. At first it was just about the draft pick, but he looked good in camp and they thought about starting him, but then Kizer looked good in the pre-season. (Note that Sloter fans!)

But what it comes down to is Osweiler didn't look enough better that they wanted to keep him, even though that forced Kizer into the lineup before he was ready.

Well, that was Cleveland, so we'll see this week is Brock can do anything.

I don't believe Cleveland ever had any intentions of keeping Brock.

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2017, 01:55 PM
If I am in the Brock train, I am at the front

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2017, 02:17 PM
I prefer Giraffes to ****faces.

sneakers
11-01-2017, 04:05 PM
giraffes are nice

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Fine, the giraffe is my spirit animal. I'm going to use him as a power token. Something like that.

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Giraffes are capable weapons platforms.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Giraffes are capable weapons platforms.

Now that is a truth I can wrap my head around. The A-76 LazerGiraffe as a space-based weapons platform is quite powerful. Intimidating. Omniscient.

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 04:29 PM
If the Broncos somehow win on Sunday, this place is going to be a madhouse. A madhouse I tell you!

Buff
11-01-2017, 04:33 PM
If the Broncos somehow win on Sunday, this place is going to be a madhouse. A madhouse I tell you!

If Brock wins in Philly, I'm going to be even more pissed that they ran a broken Trevor out there in KC.

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 04:38 PM
If Brock wins in Philly, I'm going to be even more pissed that they ran a broken Trevor out there in KC.

You can’t live in the past Buff.

NightTerror218
11-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Sloter is #4 QB. Bardford keenum and Bridgewater all,in,front of him. His depth spot changes depending on who is injured. Bridgewater returned to practice for them so he is just emergency arm due to injuries.

ShaneFalco
11-01-2017, 04:55 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/boRUsZ831l5e0/giphy.gif

Northman
11-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Go Broncos and all that, but I get to vent some disdain at our sitch and here it is.

Elway adopts his first baby giraffe unexpectedly early in 2012. After 3 years of riding pine he gets a go and puts up 86 passer rating stuff, a 5-2 record behind the 2015 D, in 7 games.

Gets a lot of money as happens when a promising free agent QB hits the market. Like Denver will probably overspend after this year.

Then Oz pouts, hissy-fits, and flames out in Houston, where one year later rookie QB Deshaun Watson appears to have no problem working with the supposedly overbearing head coach.

Dumped to Cleveland where he's an inferior option to the NFL's worst currently active starting QB, Kizer--admittedly a long term project.

Returns at league min to Denver because Elway's 2d adopted baby giraffe can't be relied on as a backup.

Broncos release a promising long-term project in Kyle Sloter who almost immediately becomes the #2 QB in Minnesota--on equal depth chart footing with either giraffe.

I don't like it and have a hard time rooting for giraffes...

To be fair Sloter is only #2 because the #1 guy is hurt and the originally #2 guy is now #1. If Sloter was as good as some people think he would be beating Keenum out of a job right about now.

dogfish
11-01-2017, 05:40 PM

wait and see what happens in the following weeks first. . . i mean, trevor looked great for a couple of weeks. . .

dogfish
11-01-2017, 05:41 PM
To be fair Sloter is only #2 because the #1 guy is hurt and the originally #2 guy is now #1. If Sloter was as good as some people think he would be beating Keenum out of a job right about now.

without being in their camp? unlikely. . . whether/where he is on their depth chart next year will be more telling. . .

Northman
11-01-2017, 05:44 PM

They aint beating the Eagles. lmao

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi fived OP for witty writing style and I respect the opinion though I somewhat disagree. I never faulted Brent for leaving and I really do think Bill O'Brien is a complete ass.

NightTerror218
11-01-2017, 05:47 PM
They aint beating the Eagles. lmao

Well they lost their left tackle for season. OL may take a step back and we know how von impacts a game

Northman
11-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Well they lost their left tackle for season. OL may take a step back and we know how von impacts a game

I wouldnt hold your breathe.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 06:09 PM

To be fair, a 5-2 team is ok with Sloter as the #2 guy. You can what-if and but-cause all you want but it doesn't change that he's the #2 in all likelihood for the rest of this year.

BigDaddyBronco
11-01-2017, 07:52 PM
If I am in the Brock train, I am at the front

I bet you are, I'm bringing up the rear...

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 08:08 PM
I’ll be in the middle.

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm driving this shit, cause it's what I do. When we go off the bridge y'all can blame me.

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
I'm driving this shit, cause it's what I do. When we go off the bridge y'all can blame me.

We'll just change your name to Teddy!.

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 08:16 PM
We'll just change your name to Teddy!.

All aboard! Remember to tip your waitress, cause we are gonna go through some booze!

Simple Jaded
11-01-2017, 10:10 PM

Nope, he’s on their 53 man roster, has been since week 2.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/32228/

ShaneFalco
11-01-2017, 10:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jXkeGMKuGHnYk/giphy.gif

Northman
11-02-2017, 05:04 AM
You can what-if and but-cause all you want but it doesn't change that he's the #2 in all likelihood for the rest of this year.

Yes, by default. Not because he actually earned it. :lol:

Timmy!
11-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Where is abe?! If we win, I demand the Brock hearts circa 2015 avy.....

Hawgdriver
11-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Yes, by default. Not because he actually earned it. :lol:

Tell that to your qb hero tb12.

Freyaka
11-02-2017, 09:59 AM

Hey at least you didn't have to sit through that mess in person... It wasn't worth the cold weather.

underrated29
11-02-2017, 11:33 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/boRUsZ831l5e0/giphy.gif

i LITERALLY watched this last night at a girls house. Planet Earh II desert

underrated29
11-02-2017, 11:34 AM
We are a better team than the eagles. I would not be surprised if we won.

We just have to stop turning the ball over.

wayninja
11-02-2017, 04:34 PM
i LITERALLY watched this last night at a girls house. Planet Earh II desert

Did she notice you watching through the window?

Northman
11-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Tell that to your qb hero tb12.

Far different situation but nice try but no cookie for you. ;)

Hawgdriver
11-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Far different situation but nice try but no cookie for you. ;)

They both climbed a depth chart on account of injury. Only difference is I chose a well-known example. Next you'll tell me tb12 wasn't actually a QB1, he was just technically the emergency starter.