PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 9 (Eagles week)

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Let's start with what is being discussed elsewhere - I'm sure Joseph will talk about this later today:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

Breaking: Vance Joseph informs team Brock Osweiler is their starting QB at Philly

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #Broncos nearly replaced Trevor Siemian in their last game. Decided to wait and ponder. Now go with Brock Osweiler, who has earned it.

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago

Would expect Osweiler to face heavy blitz pressure. Hasn't started a game since Jan. 14 at Patriots. Been a while.

trey wingo‏Verified account @wingoz 4m4 minutes ago

Denver here's the glass half full scenario: Last time Brock Osweiler started a game for you.. you won the SUPER BOWL that season!!

Davii
11-01-2017, 10:24 AM
It's Brovember!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Abff...

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 10:51 AM
It's Brovember!

nOZember?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2017, 10:57 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Brock Osweiler will guide Denver's offense Sunday when the Broncos take on the Eagles in Philadelphia.

Head Coach Vance Joseph informed his team Osweiler would start this weekend during a team meeting ahead of Wednesday's practice.

Joseph is scheduled to meet the media Wednesday afternoon and will expand on the decision.

Following the Broncos' third consecutive loss, Joseph said "everything is being explored" to help Denver stay in contention for a postseason berth

“It’s my job to do what’s best for the football team," Joseph said Tuesday. "... If you try to go the same way and it doesn’t get better, that’s on me. Again, we have players and coaches putting a lot of time and effort in to get ready for these football games and guys are playing hard. I think it’s fair to examine [the quarterback] position and all positions."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brock-Osweiler-to-start-at-quarterback-vs-Philadelphia-Eagles/dd97218d-b6d0-4d8b-92cc-682f12b4af0e

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20m

#Broncos had no choice. Siemian lost confidence,turned ball over at alarming rate. Need game manager. Protect, run ball. Lean on D. #Denver7

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 11:07 AM
TV Maps are up - a lot of the country gets to watch this beating:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=9

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 11:10 AM
http://www.hotairballoonphotos.net/uploads/2/7/4/2/27425951/s321786215236263807_p168_i35_w600.jpeg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/26/1c/55/261c55a6876ae96dc9e0cfd0a1bffcf7--animal-pics-giraffes.jpg

http://www.livingdesert.org/wp-content/uploads/YOTG_main1.jpg

https://whatismyspiritanimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Giraffe-Spirit-Totem-Power-Animal-Symbolism-Meaning-1200x1200.jpg?x20483

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/morrison_girafarig.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

I haven't been this excited since the San Diego zoo when I was 4!!

PatriotsGuy
11-01-2017, 11:13 AM

Oh god Fouts again!!!!

Rick
11-01-2017, 11:17 AM
I haven't been this excited since the San Diego zoo when I was 4!!

I had to high five that one, too damn funny.

LawDog
11-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Thanks for quoting the post, now I have to scroll through that shit twice...

Nomad
11-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Beating of the Eagles.....yep. Wentz going down.

Nomad
11-01-2017, 11:29 AM
And we get an extra hour of sleep.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2017, 11:29 AM
I think this is Philly’s trap game. If we can contain Ertz, the defense should do well vs their offense. I also think we can run on their defense. It’s gonna be a much harder game for them than they are used to. I think our defense will come out fired up.

GEM
11-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Derek Wolfe was on The Fan last night, he currently has bronchitis and a bruised kidney. Said he'll play no matter what. God, I love him! :D

Rick
11-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Thanks for quoting the post, now I have to scroll through that shit twice...

Removed the pics :)

Davii
11-01-2017, 11:56 AM
We're going to shock the world. The team will play fired up football. They know now they will lose their job if they underperform, and they will work even harder to support Brock. It's going to be a team effort. We saw a much better OL performance against KC, I expect to see an even better one against Philly, and the run game is going to get even better than last week. I think we can see the Brock we saw in 2015 as I believe the Texans put too much on his shoulders, he was expected to be Peyton Manning running everything, and he just isn't. I honestly believe he is a better QB that Trevor is and I think we will see an improved offense with him. We still won't be world beaters, but we just might be good enough to support that defense and let them play the way they want to.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
We're going to shock the world. The team will play fired up football. They know now they will lose their job if they underperform, and they will work even harder to support Brock. It's going to be a team effort. We saw a much better OL performance against KC, I expect to see an even better one against Philly, and the run game is going to get even better than last week. I think we can see the Brock we saw in 2015 as I believe the Texans put too much on his shoulders, he was expected to be Peyton Manning running everything, and he just isn't. I honestly believe he is a better QB that Trevor is and I think we will see an improved offense with him. We still won't be world beaters, but we just might be good enough to support that defense and let them play the way they want to.

I'm looking forward to the change because optimism, but this is one of those times where I feel like I've been lied to. If he plays well, then all is good.

Davii
11-01-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm looking forward to the change because optimism, but this is one of those times where I feel like I've been lied to. If he plays well, then all is good.

I have never lied to you Hawg. Although I might have been lied to and then passed on said lie thinking it was true. I plead the fifth of Jack.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I have never lied to you Hawg. Although I might have been lied to and then passed on said lie thinking it was true. I plead the fifth of Jack.

Haha! Nah, let's just get a win this weekend. I'm done being emo just had to get it out.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 12:05 PM

I honestly don't think Brock is any good. However, what we need from a QB (at least from our assortment of limited ones) is to be the proverbial game manager - make safe throws, rely on the running game and defense, don't turn it over. That's what we thought Siemian was but he looked more like 2015 Peyton Manning than 2015 Alex Smith this year. Maybe Brock can do the job, at least in the short term before teams can get some current film on him. It's not impossible, but I'm not counting on anything at this point.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 12:06 PM
And we get an extra hour of sleep.

I have two young kids - "extra hour of sleep" is a myth.

Davii
11-01-2017, 12:08 PM
I honestly don't think Brock is any good. However, what we need from a QB (at least from our assortment of limited ones) is to be the proverbial game manager - make safe throws, rely on the running game and defense, don't turn it over. That's what we thought Siemian was but he looked more like 2015 Peyton Manning than 2015 Alex Smith this year. Maybe Brock can do the job, at least in the short term before teams can get some current film on him. It's not impossible, but I'm not counting on anything at this point.

I don't think he can be worse that Trevor at this point in time. If the rest of the team steps up he can easily be a significant improvement. Hell, it would be an improvement to run the ball twice as much as we pass, at least we wouldn't be giving up short fields every single time. The adage that "every drive that ends with a kick is a good drive" comes to mind. I don't care if that kick is a punt (I'd rather a FG or XP), but a punt is MUCH better than a turnover.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 12:14 PM
I don't think he can be worse that Trevor at this point in time. If the rest of the team steps up he can easily be a significant improvement. Hell, it would be an improvement to run the ball twice as much as we pass, at least we wouldn't be giving up short fields every single time. The adage that "every drive that ends with a kick is a good drive" comes to mind. I don't care if that kick is a punt (I'd rather a FG or XP), but a punt is MUCH better than a turnover.

Yeah, the wheels came off on the ****face express--you gotta jump ship no matter what option #2 is.

MOtorboat
11-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Let's start with what is being discussed elsewhere - I'm sure Joseph will talk about this later today:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

Breaking: Vance Joseph informs team Brock Osweiler is their starting QB at Philly

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #Broncos nearly replaced Trevor Siemian in their last game. Decided to wait and ponder. Now go with Brock Osweiler, who has earned it.

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago

Would expect Osweiler to face heavy blitz pressure. Hasn't started a game since Jan. 14 at Patriots. Been a while.

trey wingo‏Verified account @wingoz 4m4 minutes ago

Denver here's the glass half full scenario: Last time Brock Osweiler started a game for you.. you won the SUPER BOWL that season!!

I'm not so sure Osweiler "earned it" more than Siemian played himself out of the job.

Davii
11-01-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm not so sure Osweiler "earned it" more than Siemian played himself out of the job.

Who knows, we don't see practice. It is possible that not only did Trevor play himself out of a job, Brock might have also looked better in his limited reps and in the meeting rooms. Both can be true. He won't truly EARN it until he's on the field, so I guess we'll start to see this Sunday.

Nomad
11-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Haha! Nah, let's just get a win this weekend. I'm done being emo just had to get it out.

Alright. Get your pom poms ready :D

Nomad
11-01-2017, 12:44 PM
I have two young kids - "extra hour of sleep" is a myth.

I'm past that stage. :D. Just means I'm getting older too

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Hunter Sharp is back on the Broncos' practice squad.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders and Todd Davis practicing.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

TE Jake Butt also practicing.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

Sanders looks good in drills. Quick feet. Good burst. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders is practicing. So is Chad Kelly, so his 21-day window to practice before a decision to move him to the 53 starts today.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis now5 seconds ago

Jamaal Charles, Aqib Talib are practicing. No vet day. #9sports

Nomad
11-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Eagles 7.5 favorites. Didn't see over/under

WARHORSE
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM

It wouldnt matter if they were 50 pt favorites!

BROCKWEILER is starting!!

:coffee:

Davii
11-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Emmanuel Sanders is practicing. So is Chad Kelly, so his 21-day window to practice before a decision to move him to the 53 starts today.

I like the no vet day, except I think defense players should have gotten one. My only negative thought on that is we want them together in everything, they're a team, and allowing the D a day off while not the O might further the fracture. Then again, the D deserves it. The O.... hell no.

WARHORSE
11-01-2017, 01:51 PM

It wouldnt matter if they were 50 pt favorites!

BROCKWEILER is starting!!

BRONCOS 100 EAGLETS 0

:coffee:

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 01:52 PM

I'm surprised it's that low...

Nomad
11-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I'm surprised it's that low...

That's what I mean.....there is hope.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: “it came down to what’s best for our football team and quite frankly what’s best for Trevor’s future.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: “It’s why we signed (Osweiler). .. I’m excited. He’s excited.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said "our veteran players trust Brock" #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph: “I’m all about Sunday right now. After this week we’ll figure out the next week.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 58s59 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said Siemian was disappointed. "He thought was going to take off and it didn't happen." Believes taking step back can help him

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20s20 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ "we can't see where we are at until stop turning then ball over. I am interested to see what happens when take care of ball"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 17s17 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said “it’s almost clear” on Chad Kelly. Meaning he’ll be on IR the rest of the season. They can’t carry 4 QBs

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 41s41 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said if "Brock plays well, he plays next week. It's very simple". #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said he’s “not sure” if Jake Butt will play vs Eagles.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

DeMarcus Walker "won't dress until he plays better [special] teams, Joseph said.

tripp
11-01-2017, 03:04 PM
I have/had expectations for DeMarcus Walker, I know he's coming off an injury, but he needs to find a way to get on this team ASAP

Slick
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM
I have/had expectations for DeMarcus Walker, I know he's coming off an injury, but he needs to find a way to get on this team ASAP

Frankly, I'm glad we spent another 2nd round pick on a guy who can't come in and contribute in his first year.

Also sounds like Joseph is leaving the door open for Trevor to return to starting which I don't like unless the Montana giraffe gets hurt. He isn't good enough coach. Move on.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Vic Lombardi‏Verified account @VicLombardi 4m4 minutes ago

The new/former starting QB of the Denver Football Broncos.
“This week is not about me”.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Brock Osweiler put it perfectly "ball security is job security" Yep. #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Osweiler: “I love that the defense is frustrated. It means they care.”

Osweiler: “I think every player would say he’s always building upon his previous game. ... Game reps are just so valuable.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 27s27 seconds ago

Osweiler said in Houston “maybe I was trying to do too much.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now8 seconds ago

#Broncos Osweiler had a tongue in cheek response to learning from his past mistakes. Yeah he gets it. Wasn't good last year. #Denver7

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones now22 seconds ago

Brock: “I’ve been given this opportunity + I’m being told, ‘Protect the football.’”

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Frankly, I'm glad we spent another 2nd round pick on a guy who can't come in and contribute in his first year.

I haven't really noticed him on special teams, but since our special teams are last in the league, I guess I can see where Joseph is coming from on that. At least mix it up a little.

But really, Walker should have been brought in to develop, like Gotsis has. He should have been an interior sub-package pass rusher on the d-line. Instead, we tried to turn him into the world's slowest OLB. I never understood that.

Davii
11-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I haven't really noticed him on special teams, but since our special teams are last in the league, I guess I can see where Joseph is coming from on that. At least mix it up a little.

But really, Walker should have been brought in to develop, like Gotsis has. He should have been an interior sub-package pass rusher on the d-line. Instead, we tried to turn him into the world's slowest OLB. I never understood that.

I thought it was injuries forcing him into that role?

topscribe
11-01-2017, 03:58 PM
I like the no vet day, except I think defense players should have gotten one. My only negative thought on that is we want them together in everything, they're a team, and allowing the D a day off while not the O might further the fracture. Then again, the D deserves it. The O.... hell no.
Well, the O-line. They blocked their butts off.

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Brock sounds ready to go. I hope he plays out of his mind.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Nicki saw Butt at practice.

Hawgdriver
11-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Brock sounds ready to go. I hope he plays out of his mind.

Same. A win, or at least competent play, will erase any bad memories. All about winning now.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 04:24 PM
I thought it was injuries forcing him into that role?

Yes but I still think that was a mistake and they don't seem that interested in putting him back in his natural role

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
#DENvsPHI: QB Brock Osweiler
Quarterback Brock Osweiler speaks about his mentality ahead of his start vs. the Eagles and how he aims to manage the game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-QB-Brock-Osweiler/2cde035f-20d3-403f-aff7-f9edd167c3b5

#DENvsPHI: RB C.J. Anderson
Running back C.J. Anderson talks about how he can help Brock Osweiler in his return to the field and Sunday's matchup against the Eagles.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-RB-CJ-Anderson/8c78dffc-fe70-400f-b0fe-9e2a9d45749c

Joseph explains switch from Siemian to Osweiler
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about the upside to Brock Osweiler and where the Broncos' offense goes from here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-explains-switch-from-Siemian-to-Osweiler/2cb4b284-9df8-4ff3-8ce7-31f1234592ee

#DENvsPHI: QB Trevor Siemian
Quarterback Trevor Siemian talks about his discussions with Head Coach Vance Joseph and how he is approaching his reserve role this week.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-QB-Trevor-Siemian-/7fb9a298-c18e-4128-88ad-cefc25378104

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Big props to Trev for being a man about all this. Hopefully we didn't totally ruin the kid.

Cugel
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Broncos news this afternoon, VJ talked with Mike Klis I think and indicated that they are going to put Chad Kelly on IR when they need his roster spot. They want to bury him for this season so no other teams get any view or news of him. Supposedly. I'm not sure why this makes sense though so I don't know whether to credit this.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Broncos news this afternoon, VJ talked with Mike Klis I think and indicated that they are going to put Chad Kelly on IR when they need his roster spot. They want to bury him for this season so no other teams get any view or news of him. Supposedly. I'm not sure why this makes sense though so I don't know whether to credit this.

If you listen to the VJ's press conference, he basically said the same thing.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6h

Vance Joseph said “it’s almost clear” on Chad Kelly. Meaning he’ll be on IR the rest of the season. They can’t carry 4 QBs

Tned
11-01-2017, 08:25 PM
If you listen to the VJ's press conference, he basically said the same thing.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6h

Probably just hedging their bets in case they lose a QB to season ending injury between now and the 21 day window that starts today (Kelly's first practice) to activate him.

topscribe
11-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Boy, it's good to see Sanders and Davis returning to practice, especially this week.
I think this game may be a tougher one to win than the upcoming one against NE.

Simple Jaded
11-01-2017, 10:23 PM

Because he’s not a 1st round prospect, remember?

topscribe
11-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Big props to Trev for being a man about all this. Hopefully we didn't totally ruin the kid.
Trevor showed his potential the first three games this season. VJ has tried to impress on us
that Trevor is a young QB. In fact, he's much "younger" than the normal QB having played
17 games or so in the NFL. He had a total of only one year's experience of actual playing
time even in college.

I provided the example of what I observed sometime back in Steve Tensi, how he was a
promising young QB, and how that promise was beaten out of him by a pathetic O-line. I
do see some parallels here. This is what VJ meant when he said the switch was best for the
team and for Trevor's future. I'm glad he saw that, and I, too, hope it isn't too late for him.

Simple Jaded
11-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Boy, it's good to see Sanders and Davis returning to practice, especially this week.
I think this game may be a tougher one to win than the upcoming one against NE.

I agree, it is good to see Eman back.

Magnificent Seven
11-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Von Miller guarantees Broncos will beat the Eagles!

Miller made a bold prediction after Denver's third straight loss.

The Philadelphia Eagles sport the NFL's best record at 7-1 after the first half of the season.

Von Miller doesn't care.

Just moments after the Denver Broncos 29-19 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs (their third straight loss), Miller made a bold declaration for Sunday's game against the Eagles.

The Eagles are 7-1 and currently sit at the top of the NFC! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news this year -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!

Miller should feel this way about his team, but those are probably words one should keep "in house."

Denver has lost three straight games to fall to 3-4 on the season, being outscored 73-29 in that stretch. Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian has thrown for 1,669 yards, nine touchdowns, 10 interceptions, with a 76.8 passer rating.

The Broncos average just 18.1 points per game and have yet to win a game on the road this season. They travel to Philadelphia for their first game on the East Coast this week (a 1 p.m. kickoff no less).

Needless to say Denver is struggling, and Miller is trying to get his team motivated.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Von-Miller-guarantees-Broncos-will-beat-the-Eagles-109741323

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Good grief....

“I feel strongly we will be able to that” produces a headline:
Guarantees Broncos will win

topscribe
11-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Good grief....

“I feel strongly we will be able to that” produces a headline:
Guarantees Broncos will win
I agree. Von in no way "guaranteed" that the Broncos would win.
That was an inaccurate, superfluous headline.

Nomad
11-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I like the confidence, Von.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2017, 08:09 PM
I like the confidence, Von.

The confidence I like, the shoddy journalism I do not.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2017, 08:51 PM
#DENvsPHI: OLB Von Miller
Outside linebacker Von Miller explains what makes Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz hard to bring down and how the Broncos can succeed against Philadelphia.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-OLB-Von-Miller/7aa19d46-6a26-4fbd-a389-800e93487062

#DENvsPHI: DC Joe Woods
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods talks about Shane Ray's maturation in his third season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-DC-Joe-Woods/033dc988-5fdd-41b0-89a4-57b090fc586d

#DENvsPHI: OC Mike McCoy
Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy talks to Denver media about the offense's adjustment with Brock Osweiler starting at quarterback.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-OC-Mike-McCoy/e66d0b2a-42a0-4665-bb48-4ec63c34f999

#DENvsPHI: WR Emmanuel Sanders
Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders updates his injury status ahead of the Broncos' game against the Eagles and gives insight into what the meeting room is like with Brock Osweiler.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsPHI-WR-Emmanuel-Sanders/52e473b6-2b64-4832-ae88-7b160af0ea4f

topscribe
11-02-2017, 09:44 PM
You don't suppose the Eagles might want to play this game in Denver?

No . . . didn't think so . . .

VonDoom
11-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Broncos rule out OT Donald Stephenson vs. Eagles. ILB Todd Davis (ankle), WR Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) and G Ron Leary (biceps) questionable.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph pleased with how Brock has shown leadership this week #Denver7

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ on what need to do to win on road. "How about not turning the ball over. Let's start with that" #Denver7

Vance Joseph said he considered taking Isaiah McKenzie out after his muff at KC but wanted to give him another chance.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 56s56 seconds ago

McKenzie has stayed on the field after practice this week to field extra punts.

LawDog
11-03-2017, 12:38 PM
VJ's apparent indecisiveness is becoming an issue...

Davii
11-03-2017, 12:41 PM
VJ's apparent indecisiveness is becoming an issue...

Are you sure? You seem a little indecisive on that.

LawDog
11-03-2017, 12:42 PM

I'm not ready to commit on my opinion. I may give him another chance.

Maybe DT88 can tell me what my opinion ought to be.

VonDoom
11-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ giving Isaiah McKenzie another chance at punt return. Olivo said realizes can't have many if anymore mistakes #Denver7

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos Olivo blames himself for special teams woes "I have to create a culture of ass kickers and I haven't done that yet" #Denver7

slim
11-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ giving Isaiah McKenzie another chance at punt return. Olivo said realizes can't have many if anymore mistakes #Denver7

The word many troubles me greatly.

Magnificent Seven
11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
I just learned that Broncos have not won the game in Philadelphia since 1986. Broncos gotta break this streak!

LawDog
11-03-2017, 03:01 PM
I just learned that Broncos have not won the game in Philadelphia since 1986. Broncos gotta break this streak!

The law of large numbers has to favor us at some point.

Nomad
11-03-2017, 03:10 PM

San Diego hadn't shut out the BRONCOS since 1978 (a stat given during the game), so you never know.

Cugel
11-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Are you sure it's indecision? Could be just garden variety waffling.

Cugel
11-03-2017, 08:03 PM
The law of large numbers has to favor us at some point.

There is no way you get to just drop knowledge bombs like that without explaining the law of large numbers to this board. I gotta see this.

Cugel
11-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm not ready to commit on my opinion. I may give him another chance.

Maybe DT88 can tell me what my opinion ought to be.

No question about that. Yash knows everything including how to achieve Middle East peace. Just ask him.

WARHORSE
11-03-2017, 11:14 PM
McKenzie has fumbled four times.....he fumbles again last week, and he 'wants to give him another chance'.

What does he do? He one hands the ball away from his body in traffic.

DUMB PLAYER.

DUMB COACH.

Nomad
11-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Go BRONCOS!!

LawDog
11-03-2017, 11:57 PM
There is no way you get to just drop knowledge bombs like that without explaining the law of large numbers to this board. I gotta see this.

Here goes...

When you flip a coin, all else being equal, there’s a 50/50 chance that it will be heads. That is true every single time you flip it. Every time whether it is the first flip or the ten thousandth flip, same 50/50 chance of getting heads. However, you start flipping that coin and it comes up tails, then tails, and tails again. You keep flipping and getting tails, fifty, then sixty, then seventy times in a row tails. Statistics tell us that with a 50/50 chance, over time the results will come out evenly split between heads and tails. So here you are after seventy five straight flips ending in tails, the law of large numbers says that you will get a heads. Even though each flip has the exact same 50/50 odds of being heads or tails despite what the previous flip, or five flips, or sixty flips were. Same exact odds. But we know that eventually you’re gonna get a heads and it becomes more and more likely the larger number of straight tails you get.

So, if Denver hasn’t won in Philly since 19-whatever, the law of large numbers says that the more times they play, at some point Denver is bound to win.

How’s that Cugs?

Cugel
11-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Here goes...

. . . .

How’s that Cugs?

That's actually a bit lengthy.

If the Broncos play the Eagles 10 times over 20 years and their overall probability of success is 20% say, eventually, if they keep playing each other, the Broncos will win, and the more times they play the higher this probability becomes, but the probability of winning any given game does not change. It's still 20%.

That is because while you are very unlikely to have a flipped coin land on heads 10 times in a row, if you have gotten 9 heads in a row, the probability of getting 10 in a row is 50%. Each trial is independent of all the previous results.

So, while probability favors the Broncos eventually beating the Eagles, the law of large numbers does nothing for them in this game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Denver has never been good traveling to the east coast. Philly is always good. I would give us a 10% chance.

LawDog
11-04-2017, 12:17 PM
That's actually a bit lengthy.

If the Broncos play the Eagles 10 times over 20 years and their overall probability of success is 20% say, eventually, if they keep playing each other, the Broncos will win, and the more times they play the higher this probability becomes, but the probability of winning any given game does not change. It's still 20%.

That is because while you are very unlikely to have a flipped coin land on heads 10 times in a row, if you have gotten 9 heads in a row, the probability of getting 10 in a row is 50%. Each trial is independent of all the previous results.

So, while probability favors the Broncos eventually beating the Eagles, the law of large numbers does nothing for them in this game.

That’s not accurate either because the odds of Denver winning, unlike coin flips, is not constant and varies greatly game by game. Still, the more games they play your gut tells you they gotta win sometime. (See also Chicago Cubs).