PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in Philly? Bought tickets as a surprise for my guy....

BroncosGF
10-31-2017, 03:05 PM
I bought tickets for my boyfriend as a surprise, but none of our friends could join us for the game on Sunday. We even asked Eagles fans if they wanted to join, but the tickets just cost too much right now.

If anyone is going to the game and wants to meet up and tailgate, I know my guy would love to talk all Denver sports and anything Colorado (where he grew up).

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately I will be watching that beat down from my arm chair. Hope you have a great time, and welcome to the forum.

underrated29
10-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Too Bad. I was just in Philly 10 days ago

weazel
10-31-2017, 03:18 PM
probably going to be an ugly game and those fans are not going to take it easy on you.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Best GF ever.

Other than my wife, of course.

Have a great time! I'd recommend not wearing any Broncos stuff...

BroncosGF
10-31-2017, 03:32 PM
Lord, how I know that is going to be true. They are not the nicest fans and I am sure he will insist on jerseys.

We are sitting in Row 1 club seats, so I pray that we don't get pushed over the edge. If we do, it was nice being a fan while it lasted. :salute:

underrated29
10-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Screw that. Wear the Jerseys!

I would.
Everyone was super nice when I was there a week ago. Its not like we are good or rivals so you shouldnt have to worry about dbags. Rock the orange baby!

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 03:53 PM
Screw that. Wear the Jerseys!

I would.
Everyone was super nice when I was there a week ago. Its not like we are good or rivals so you shouldnt have to worry about dbags. Rock the orange baby!

You weren't in the stadium watching a game between the two teams. The experience in Philly is WAY different in the stadium as opposed to just walking around town.

underrated29
10-31-2017, 04:23 PM
You weren't in the stadium watching a game between the two teams. The experience in Philly is WAY different in the stadium as opposed to just walking around town.

I walked around with my broncos jersey one day. Avs hat another. Walked like 20 blocks to go eat at Tony Lukes. Got a bunch of stares but nothing more than a few giving me a hard time, nothing belligerent. I actually got more shit for being a white man walking down the street alone. This black dude was like you are one crazy sumbish to be strolling through this part of town white boy. I had no clue. He was cool. Told me the quickest way out, said he hang with me while I called an uber if I wanted....I heeded his advice to leave that part of town but I walked out, no problems aside from a few groups of guys acting tough. Nothing a British accent cant fix.

I stayed by the stadium. Theyll be fine decked out in all orange and blue with the drunk philly fools.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:33 PM
I walked around with my broncos jersey one day. Avs hat another. Walked like 20 blocks to go eat at Tony Lukes. Got a bunch of stares but nothing more than a few giving me a hard time, nothing belligerent. I actually got more shit for being a white man walking down the street alone. This black dude was like you are one crazy sumbish to be strolling through this part of town white boy. I had no clue. He was cool. Told me the quickest way out, said he hang with me while I called an uber if I wanted....I heeded his advice to leave that part of town but I walked out, no problems aside from a few groups of guys acting tough. Nothing a British accent cant fix.

I stayed by the stadium. Theyll be fine decked out in all orange and blue with the drunk philly fools.

Uh, OK?

Probably not a great idea to wear another teams gear to a game in Philly. You're just asking for trouble.

UR - the key words are "TO A GAME".

BroncoWave
10-31-2017, 05:17 PM
Joe, you're such a pvssy!

underrated29
10-31-2017, 05:18 PM
Uh, OK?

Probably not a great idea to wear another teams gear to a game in Philly. You're just asking for trouble.

UR - the key words are "TO A GAME".

Says you

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 06:13 PM
Best GF ever.

Other than my wife, of course.

Have a great time! I'd recommend not wearing any Broncos stuff...

Your wife makes a great girlfriend?

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 08:05 PM

Indeed.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Oh my.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 08:59 PM
Oh my.

No, not like that. Joe is a brother.

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Joe makes a great girlfriend

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Nothing a British accent cant fix.

How so? To play tourist card?

underrated29
11-01-2017, 12:39 AM
How so? To play tourist card?

Typically when I find myself in a rough area I read the people. Usually no one wants to **** with a proper British dude. Tourists or foreign or whatever, they feel bad. Like seeing a baby without a parent. So, put that accent on and usually they’ll stop and leave you alone.

If they are more hardcore types I still speak Russian and pretend I don’t know any English. Walk w purpose and I’m not worth their time. So far no one has chased me.

Davii
11-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Typically when I find myself in a rough area I read the people. Usually no one wants to **** with a proper British dude. Tourists or foreign or whatever, they feel bad. Like seeing a baby without a parent. So, put that accent on and usually they’ll stop and leave you alone.

If they are more hardcore types I still speak Russian and pretend I don’t know any English. Walk w purpose and I’m not worth their time. So far no one has chased me.

Be a hard target, if you seem like you're more trouble than you're worth anyone looking to be an ass will most likely feel the same way.

underrated29
11-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Be a hard target, if you seem like you're more trouble than you're worth anyone looking to be an ass will most likely feel the same way.

Thats the russian part. Everyone knows russians are bat shit crazy and could pull out a sawed off bazooka from their coat at any time. Or maybe some C4.
Only once was I ever messed with and that was in germany. I had to throw a german kid over my shoulder. I was also 16 though, my mom was pissed! Was more scared of her after that than anyone else.

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2017, 12:17 PM
A sawed off bazooka lol

Davii
11-01-2017, 12:41 PM
I bought tickets for my boyfriend as a surprise, but none of our friends could join us for the game on Sunday. We even asked Eagles fans if they wanted to join, but the tickets just cost too much right now.

If anyone is going to the game and wants to meet up and tailgate, I know my guy would love to talk all Denver sports and anything Colorado (where he grew up).

If you're ever looking for another guy to buy tickets for Beefstew and I are a package deal. We're like the odd couple, except good looking, young, and still living.

BroncosGF
11-01-2017, 02:48 PM
If you're ever looking for another guy to buy tickets for Beefstew and I are a package deal. We're like the odd couple, except good looking, young, and still living.

Bahahahah, I will keep that in mind! I spring for the good tickets too, club seats for lyfe. So, be nice and maybe we'll make it a double date ;)

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 03:17 PM

Exactly. I walk around with an erection

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Bahahahah, I will keep that in mind! I spring for the good tickets too, club seats for lyfe. So, be nice and maybe we'll make it a double date ;)

Beef and Davii do make an awesome couple!

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
I made him my avatar.

slim
11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Lord, how I know that is going to be true. They are not the nicest fans and I am sure he will insist on jerseys.

We are sitting in Row 1 club seats, so I pray that we don't get pushed over the edge. If we do, it was nice being a fan while it lasted. :salute:

Club level? Nice!!

Enjoy the free prime rib!

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Club level? Nice!!

Enjoy the free prime rib!

Are you sure it's free?

slim
11-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Are you sure it's free?

Why wouldn't it be free?

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Why wouldn't it be free?

Well, I'd hate for someone to show up planning on free Prime Rib and then be embarrassed to have to pay.

Do we know anyone whose ever actually been in the club seats? Maybe we could ask them?

slim
11-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Well, I'd hate for someone to show up planning on free Prime Rib and then be embarrassed to have to pay.

Do we know anyone whose ever actually been in the club seats? Maybe we could ask them?

Buffalo swears by the free prime rib on club level. I think it's the only reason he goes to games.

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Buffalo swears by the free prime rib on club level. I think it's the only reason he goes to games.

Surely not! I sat in the cheap seats with young Master Buff for a game once. He seemed to enjoy the halftime entertainment as well.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Ouch, I hope this game doesn't end your relationship