PDA

View Full Version : There is a positive from last night about the offense.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Many Broncos fans were saying the reason for the lack of offense was the lack of a running game. They ran the ball last night. Quite well. On the road that is pretty impressive. They rushed the ball for 177 yards as a team. That is damn good.

There, that is it. That is the one positive. Maybe the fact that they out gained the team they were beat by..again. Not sure that is positive.

7DnBrnc53
10-31-2017, 07:36 AM
Many Broncos fans were saying the reason for the lack of offense was the lack of a running game. They ran the ball last night. Quite well. On the road that is pretty impressive. They rushed the ball for 177 yards as a team. That is damn good.

There, that is it. That is the one positive. Maybe the fact that they out gained the team they were beat by..again. Not sure that is positive.

Good point. That was the only way they could score anything with Siemian. He can't pass consistently enough.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Good point. That was the only way they could score anything with Siemian. He can't pass consistently enough.

He always was a glorified backup. That is it. Let me say that is a quite valuable commodity for any team. He is simply not starting material. He is too fragile and really lacks the IT factor. That undefinable quality that goes by scouts etc. Personally, I think it has to do with determination, along with other things that cannot be measured.

Davii
10-31-2017, 07:46 AM
Here's a positive from last night:

I'm positive Trevor Siemian sucks.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Here's a positive from last night:

I'm positive Trevor Siemian sucks.

Truth....

Mike
10-31-2017, 07:53 AM
What good is a rushing attack if your OC abandons it and allows your shitty QB to throw the ball play after play?

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Um. They 'ran the ball well' because the Chiefs LET THEM. They know, as well as the NFL, that the Broncos will defeat themselves. Ince again they got MAULED up front on almost all passing situations, beat the Broncos 5 with their 4 for that awful INT.

Then, they say the Defense shut down KC. Yes they did, but AGAIN, Kc played careful football.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 08:34 AM
Um. They 'ran the ball well' because the Chiefs LET THEM. They know, as well as the NFL, that the Broncos will defeat themselves. Ince again they got MAULED up front on almost all passing situations, beat the Broncos 5 with their 4 for that awful INT.

Then, they say the Defense shut down KC. Yes they did, but AGAIN, Kc played careful football.

Yeah, no team "allows" teams to run on them. LOL. That is funny.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:41 AM

Nobody wants to "let" the Broncos run the ball. All defensive coordinators dream of having Trevor Siemian throw the ball 40 times because they are guaranteed at least 1 and probably 2 INTs. Trevor exceeded his per game average of 2 INTs in this game of course. Just to make damn sure they benched him.

Denver is not going to beat anybody throwing the ball, so defenses want to make them throw as much as possible. They do this by putting 8 or 9 defenders in the box and daring the Broncos to throw on every down.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 09:45 AM
Do you think Andy Reid and his Staff is worrying about his defenses stats vs the run or playing the run? They were protecting against the passbevause they know they can't burn them, and so they surrendered plays in the run game to keep them in check. Because they know Siemien can't take a three step drop without pressure.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:45 AM
Now it IS true that the Chiefs were conservative on offense, and didn't take any chances. Why bother to throw the ball down field when your opponent is kicking his own ass?

tripp
10-31-2017, 10:10 AM
We lost by 10 and we turned the ball over 5 times. If you're a KC fan, I wouldn't be feeling TOO great about this game.

We ran the ball extremely well, and defense balled out. You can't throw 3 picks, and fail to get into the red zone and settle for FG's. That game was absolutely winnable, and I actually feel better about this loss than I did about the Giants one, or the Chargers one for that matter.

Had the morning to hear what analysts had to say, to process and make sense of what happened last night, but I can't for the life of me figure out why Brock didn't come in at any point. Even if it was in the last 5 minutes in the 4th. But I refuse to watch any more games with Siemian at the helm. Just not going to do it, this is incomplete football.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Yep, it was amazing the game was as close as it was. The score did not reflect what an amazing job the defense did after a KC defensive touchdown and multiple turnovers for short fields to hold KC within striking distance.

But not being able to score in the redzone and that miserable first half of "offense" was a bridge too far. I can't believe TS took the field in the second half. I have no idea what the coach was thinking. Maybe he isn't thinking since I could gauge no discernible difference in anything from the first half to the second half.

Mike
10-31-2017, 11:16 AM
Yep, it was amazing the game was as close as it was. The score did not reflect what an amazing job the defense did after a KC defensive touchdown and multiple turnovers for short fields to hold KC within striking distance.

But not being able to score in the redzone and that miserable first half of "offense" was a bridge too far. I can't believe TS took the field in the second half. I have no idea what the coach was thinking. Maybe he isn't thinking since I could gauge no discernible difference in anything from the first half to the second half.

Maybe they don't like what they are seeing out of Brock in practice? That is a bit disconcerting of a thought seeing as how bad Siemian is.

tripp
10-31-2017, 12:08 PM
Maybe they don't like what they are seeing out of Brock in practice? That is a bit disconcerting of a thought seeing as how bad Siemian is.

How is that even possible? After watching Siemian the past 3 weeks, I have a hard time believing that he is worse than Siemian.

Either way, even if he is worse than Siemian how do you not try to provide a spark, offer some new hope to the players with a Qb change?

wayninja
10-31-2017, 12:10 PM
How is that even possible? After watching Siemian the past 3 weeks, I have a hard time believing that he is worse than Siemian.

Either way, even if he is worse than Siemian how do you not try to provide a spark, offer some new hope to the players with a Qb change?

Yep. A 6.9 passer rating in the first half. After going scoreless the week before and looking listless the week before that against the Giants... at what point do you start doing coach things?

dogfish
10-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Yep. A 6.9 passer rating in the first half. After going scoreless the week before and looking listless the week before that against the Giants... at what point do you start doing coach things?

vance was too busy leading the men to make adjustments. . .

wayninja
10-31-2017, 01:16 PM
Yes, Like Napoleon leading men to Waterloo.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Yes, Like Napoleon leading men to Waterloo.

More like Napoleon Dynamite leading men, dwarves, and half-orcs to the Astral Plane.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 08:22 PM
More like Napoleon Dynamite leading men, dwarves, and half-orcs to the Astral Plane.
Gold my friend, pure gold.

BroncoTech
10-31-2017, 08:42 PM

Also it was revealed Trevor isn't a cannibal.