PDA

View Full Version : Lynch to start

Northman
10-31-2017, 07:18 AM
Per Shefter.

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 07:22 AM
All I see so far is that they're "considering" it, which is essentially what Vance said last night:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago

Broncos are considering a QB change, only if a change is made, it likely would be to former first-round pick Paxton Lynch, per source.

Nomad
10-31-2017, 07:31 AM
GEM.....this confirms our theory ;)

Osweiler is not in the plans unless someone gets hurt, and I bet that's coming from the top.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 07:33 AM

Whats your theory?

http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/what-did-you-just-say.gif

7DnBrnc53
10-31-2017, 07:33 AM

Osweiler is not in the plans unless someone gets hurt.

Wonder if he will be cut within the next few weeks.

Nomad
10-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Whats your theory?

Is that you stuttering again?

DenBronx
10-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Send his butt to the practice squad idgaf but if Trevor has lost the job then he won't even be backup bc Brock is, he'll be 3rd.

I know that is harsh but I am so angry that these knuckleheads can't play!

Mike
10-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Sloter was better than Lynch...too bad he isn't still on the roster.

Rick
10-31-2017, 08:07 AM
If the QB is going to look like shit might as well be the first round pick for eval purposes and development.

GEM
10-31-2017, 08:28 AM
Whats your theory?

The only way They planned on starting oz was injury. He was the best available, but grudge is deep. :lol:

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 08:29 AM

You'll anger people with this but it is the truth

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 08:29 AM
Speculation at this point.

But id like to see him to see if we have something for 2018.

Broncoknight30
10-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Speculation at this point.

But id like to see him to see if we have something for 2018.

Yeah, we can all start looking forward to the hopeful emergence of Chad Kelly. I have a feeling this team will be either drafting a QB in the first round AGAIN, or they will be going after a FA, like Cousins.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Lynch over Osweiler? This isn’t happening....

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 08:57 AM
If Lynch starts it's basically giving up on the season.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2017, 08:58 AM

I doubt he would be hard to get.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2017, 08:59 AM

If Siemian starts, I give up on the season.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Lynch over Osweiler? This isn’t happening....

They will get to see plenty of both of them before the season's end. Trevor is toast. Paxton is hopeless, and Brock? What makes anybody think Brock Osweiler could come in and do any better with this offense?

It's not as though Trevor is the only player who sucked and turned the ball over last night. There was Jamaal and Isiah McKenzie doing stupid things and not securing the ball at the worst possible times.

So, imagine you eliminate the three turnovers from Trevor, by inserting Brock. Do the Broncos win the game? No. You cannot surrender the Charles and McKenzie fumbles and be -1 in the turnover category, and expect to be the Chiefs in Arrowhead.

There is no solution to this problem. This is a fully rebuilding team hoping for better next year, but knowing that this is the last year of the SB defense.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 09:04 AM
If Siemian starts, I give up on the season.

I agree there needs to be a change, just not to the worst QB on the roster. Lynch is terrible.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:04 AM
I doubt he would be hard to get.

Why do people go back to Kyle Sloter at this point? Dude was a rookie. As bad as the Broncos QBs are right now, at least none of them are raw rookies. They just suck. Sloter is a multi-year project. At best.

Let's just suck with the sucky QBs we have man and try and get through this season and then examine whatever might be left of the rubble after Hurricane Joseph leaves town. Let's not throw lambs to the wolves when said wolves are in a feeding frenzy, just ripping up every QB the Broncos put out there.

That means we do NOT throw Chad Kelly in there because "what do we have to lose." There are other years and other seasons, and he might conceivably be of some use in the future, if his confidence isn't destroyed by putting him in an impossible situation with a team that is tanking badly.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 09:07 AM
Why do people go back to Kyle Sloter at this point? Dude was a rookie. As bad as the Broncos QBs are right now, at least none of them are raw rookies. They just suck. Sloter is a multi-year project. At best.

Let's just suck with the sucky QBs we have man and try and get through this season and then examine whatever might be left of the rubble after Hurricane Joseph leaves town. Let's not throw lambs to the wolves when said wolves are in a feeding frenzy, just ripping up every QB the Broncos put out there.

Except that rookie looked light years better than any QB we currently have on the roster. He actually went through progressions and threw accurate passes to the correct receiver. We don't currently have a QB with those attributes.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:11 AM
I agree there needs to be a change, just not to the worst QB on the roster. Lynch is terrible.

Do you really believe that Paxton Lynch is going to last more than two, maybe 3 games? Is he even healthy enough to take the pounding he'll receive? Is he mentally tough enough to take being thrown to the wolves in Philly and against the Patriots, with the fans booing and leaving Mile High Stadium at half-time? By the end of the game the team will be playing to a half-angry, half-empty house.

Then either against the Raiders or Bengals or maybe Dolphins you want to see Brock Osweiler? How can that be avoided? They don't want to destroy Paxton totally. They will have to take him out after he proves he can't do any better than Trevor right now. And we know he can't. That is not a mystery to anybody.

DT88TheGreat
10-31-2017, 09:15 AM
I knew this was coming lol, it's exactly why they didn't bench Trevor during the game, he wanted to give him every chance to climb out of help or dig furtber into hepl and Trevor dug further of course. It's about damn time the key's were handed to lynch man, I expect the same patience people showed with Trevor, it's not likely to be pretty early on but if he develops as the season goes on then we have ourselves a big time big arm mobile quarterback.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:19 AM
Except that rookie looked light years better than any QB we currently have on the roster. He actually went through progressions and threw accurate passes to the correct receiver. We don't currently have a QB with those attributes.

He did that in the pre-season against guys who are working at Office Depot in the loading dock right now. NOT against Joey Bosa or Melvin Ingram or Marcus Peters. Against vanilla defenses where the DC is trying not to tip his hand by showing anything they will do in the regular season.

The preseason is totally meaningless. I don't honestly know why Vance Joseph went on and on about how Trevor had to perform in pre-season games to win the starting job. We know that he did great in the pre-season.

"Whoot, whoot! Trevor is ballin' out of control! He's making every throw! Did you see how great he played against the 49ers! Trevor had a QB rating of 128! 1TD and no picks. Completed 72% of his passes!"

How meaningful is that now? Why would Sloter be any different?

DT88TheGreat
10-31-2017, 09:20 AM

The guy was playing against 5th stringers, camp fodder, some of you are making him out to be some cant miss guy that we missed on lol. Nobody knows how he'd look vs even 2nd stringers, he made a few good throws but most of them were too wide open target's without a defender in sight. Get a grip..... Whose the qb for the Vikings and why isn't sloter starting.

BeefStew25
10-31-2017, 09:31 AM
North you got a link or are you just being emo as usual?

Mike
10-31-2017, 09:38 AM
The guy was playing against 5th stringers, camp fodder, some of you are making him out to be some cant miss guy that we missed on lol. Nobody knows how he'd look vs even 2nd stringers, he made a few good throws but most of them were too wide open target's without a defender in sight. Get a grip..... Whose the qb for the Vikings and why isn't sloter starting.

He played against the same players Lynch did in the last preseason game and did much better than Lynch did. He showed more promise in the preseason than Lynch has in two years. Shouldn't have been cut...especially for Brent who the coaches won't let see the field. It was a mistake made by Elway.

GEM
10-31-2017, 09:43 AM
North you got a link or are you just being emo as usual?

The whole board is emo right now. This is the worst the Broncos have looked since McDumbass.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 09:51 AM
You'll anger people with this but it is the truth

I disagree, but I like Sloter's long term prospects better than pirate giraffe.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:52 AM
He played against the same players Lynch did in the last preseason game and did much better than Lynch did. He showed more promise in the preseason than Lynch has in two years. Shouldn't have been cut...especially for Brent who the coaches won't let see the field. It was a mistake made by Elway.

No. All that is proof Lynch sucked. NOT that the idiot fan fixation Kyle Sloter would be any better.

I'm going to say it again! PRE-SEASON GAMES ARE MEANINGLESS!

Here's Trevor's game against the 49ers:

"Whoot, whoot! Trevor is ballin' out of control! He's making every throw! Did you see how great he played against the 49ers! Trevor had a QB rating of 128! 1TD and no picks. Completed 72% of his passes!"

So, if they dealt Trevor I suppose somebody would be arguing that "look how good Trevor looked in the preseason. Yes. He looked great in the pre-season. And again, these are EXHIBITION games that are totally meaningless.

It's not just that they don't count. It's that they are completely meaningless to show us how anybody will do in the regular season.

I suppose if you suck in the preseason, as Paxton did, that is an indication you will probably suck in the regular season, which Paxton will. But the reverse isn't true. If you look great in the preseason, like Trevor did, does that mean you will be good in the regular season? No. You can still suck, like Trevor does. :coffee:

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:57 AM

I suppose that reason has no place with you, so this is probably futile, trying to explain, but here goes.

The reason the Coaches cut Kyle Slotter and kept Giraffe #1 is because said Giraffe is a veteran, and Sloter is a rookie.

They were NOT looking to EITHER player to be a long term starter at QB. At the QB position, their starter was Siemian, and they were committed totally to him. Paxton was the backup, developmental guy.

They were not thinking about the long-term potential of Kyle Sloter because they were already committed to a different QB to start.

And once you have a starter, then all you need is an EXPERIENCED backup. Since Paxton was hurt, they brought in Osweiler to be their emergency QB. But that's all he is.

Now they are going to throw Paxton in there to see what he can do, because Trevor burned out like a 60 watt bulb. In no universe would starting a rookie QB have been an option.

Next year if they start a rookie draft pick that will mean they are in full rebuilding mode. That might be necessary, but it means they are wasting the defense so that was not what they wanted to do.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Do you really believe that Paxton Lynch is going to last more than two, maybe 3 games? Is he even healthy enough to take the pounding he'll receive? Is he mentally tough enough to take being thrown to the wolves in Philly and against the Patriots, with the fans booing and leaving Mile High Stadium at half-time? By the end of the game the team will be playing to a half-angry, half-empty house.

Then either against the Raiders or Bengals or maybe Dolphins you want to see Brock Osweiler? How can that be avoided? They don't want to destroy Paxton totally. They will have to take him out after he proves he can't do any better than Trevor right now. And we know he can't. That is not a mystery to anybody.

Paxton is going to get injured again. His play style combined with this line are a brutal combo. I'm not wishing it on the kid, god no, but this seems obvious. Am I the only one who expects him to be a major injury risk each snap he takes?

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 10:02 AM
I think Os and Lynch both suck. That being said, I'm all for putting Lynch out there when he's healthy. There's still a remote chance he can get better. If he really is awful, we know for sure we need a QB next year

Mike
10-31-2017, 10:03 AM
I suppose that reason has no place with you, so this is probably futile, trying to explain, but here goes.

The reason the Coaches cut Kyle Slotter and kept Giraffe #1 is because said Giraffe is a veteran, and Sloter is a rookie.

They were NOT looking to EITHER player to be a long term starter at QB. At the QB position, their starter was Siemian, and they were committed totally to him. Paxton was the backup, developmental guy.

They were not thinking about the long-term potential of Kyle Sloter because they were already committed to a different QB to start.

And once you have a starter, then all you need is an EXPERIENCED backup. Since Paxton was hurt, they brought in Osweiler to be their emergency QB. But that's all he is.

Now they are going to throw Paxton in there to see what he can do, because Trevor burned out like a 60 watt bulb. In no universe would starting a rookie QB have been an option.

Next year if they start a rookie draft pick that will mean they are in full rebuilding mode. That might be necessary, but it means they are wasting the defense so that was not what they wanted to do.

Cool story, bro.

tripp
10-31-2017, 10:04 AM
I would love love love for us to get Kirk Cousins. I don't think it will happen. I don't think Elway will spend BIG money on a QB that isn't top 5.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 10:06 AM
I would love love love for us to get Kirk Cousins. I don't think it will happen. I don't think Elway will spend BIG money on a QB that isn't top 5.

Cousins isn't tall enough to catch Elway's eye.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 10:07 AM

I heard he has Kubiak scouting the aliens from District 9.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 10:16 AM
Paxton is going to get injured again. His play style combined with this line are a brutal combo. I'm not wishing it on the kid, god no, but this seems obvious. Am I the only one who expects him to be a major injury risk each snap he takes?

You are reinforcing my point. Good.

Yes, Paxton is going to be injured pretty quickly. Then it will be on to Brock Osweiler to finish the season. So, everybody who wants to see Osweiler, cheer up! You will! Soon too.

Just be careful what you wish for.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 10:16 AM
It only takes two eyeballs to understand Brock is a much better option than Lynch.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 10:20 AM

Doesn't matter because Cousins won't be available. He will sign a long term deal with the Redskins. The Redskins have had a very valuable lesson burned into their hides. You better offer the market rate, or the market will go up. And it is better to have a starting QB who is decent, than to be in the Broncos situation with no QB.

So, they will sign him to a long-term deal worth about $25M a year, because if they don't some other team will.

Clearly the 49ers who were expected to be in the Cousins hunt this off-season, realized there's no point waiting. Cousins won't be available. And what really hurts is: if he were, Denver would not be a more attractive landing spot than SF.

The 49ers are probably 3-13 team, and the Broncos? What are they? 5-11 perhaps? Not a lot different.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
It only takes two eyeballs to understand Brock is a much better option than Lynch.

Don't worry. You will get your wish. It will simply take a few games. When you see what Osweiler can do, you won't wish to see any more either. NEITHER Giraffe can play. NEITHER ONE.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Thank God we have Cugel's expert input. :rolleyes:

GEM
10-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Well Kelly isn't happening, so Cug maybe we can be the first team ever to play an NFL game with no qb.

LawDog
10-31-2017, 10:27 AM

Horse shit > dog shit

valid point...

NightTerror218
10-31-2017, 10:27 AM
I prefer to not start lynch vs phili in phili. Best team in NFL imo and one of best defenses.

LawDog
10-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Well Kelly isn't happening, so Cug maybe we can be the first team ever to play an NFL game with no qb.

Don't they have Sunshine as an emergency option?

NightTerror218
10-31-2017, 10:31 AM

Did that once already with Tebow, he was a protector not a QB

wayninja
10-31-2017, 10:59 AM

Extremely discriminatory. Parallax is overrated.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Horse shit > dog shit

valid point...

I got a blip on my sarcasm meter. I’m guessing you don’t like my post?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 11:16 AM
Extremely discriminatory. Parallax is overrated.

Maybe so. I’m persuaded Trevor can be a journeyman backup. I’ve not seen anything from Lynch to date that would suggest the same. I also think Brock is a serviceable journeyman.

LawDog
10-31-2017, 11:27 AM
I got a blip on my sarcasm meter. I’m guessing you don’t like my post?

Your post is fine. Just pointing out that one giraffe being better than the other doesn’t somehow make the first giraffe a great choice.

arapaho2
10-31-2017, 11:29 AM

if siemian starts its giving up on the season

tripp
10-31-2017, 11:32 AM

Didn't we do that already with Tebow?

WARHORSE
10-31-2017, 11:34 AM
One thing Lynch will bring is less sack for two reasons: His mobility and his quick throws. He gets rid of it. Prayerfully he can step up into the pocket unlike Trevor.
Bye Trevor. Its over.

arapaho2

against 3rd and 4th string players that most are not on a roster.

chazoe60

If you think Siemian is bad, wait til you get a load of Lynch. :laugh::laugh: They're going to have to play him at some point just to confirm what most people already know which is that he's not an NFL QB, but if rather we wait to do that until the season is 100% hopeless.

Right now we need to play Oz.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 11:35 AM
against 3rd and 4th string players that most are not on a roster.

You're right, that totally negates his accuracy and decision making.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Your post is fine. Just pointing out that one giraffe being better than the other doesn’t somehow make the first giraffe a great choice.

Agreed-

I don’t think he’s a great choice. I just believe he’s the best option we have right now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 11:44 AM

You could say the same of Lynch, and I really don’t want to see Siemian our there next week.

Davii
10-31-2017, 11:44 AM

Didn't we do that already? We had some sort of H-back play QB for us a while back.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Didn't we do that already? We had some sort of H-back play QB for us a while back.

The funny thing is that Lynch kinda reminds me of a taller less enthusiastic version of that H-back.

Davii
10-31-2017, 11:52 AM
The funny thing is that Lynch kinda reminds me of a taller less enthusiastic version of that H-back.

He throws a lot better. I mean, that's not saying much, but it's true.

Slick
10-31-2017, 11:57 AM
If you think Siemian is bad, wait til you get a load of Lynch. :laugh::laugh: They're going to have to play him at some point just to confirm what most people already know which is that he's not an NFL QB, but if rather we wait to do that until the season is 100% hopeless.

Right now we need to play Oz.

I like how we had to be patient with Siemian and give him more game time to see whether or not he was a viable starter but we don't with Lynch.

Siemian needed better line play, better running game, new OC, etc.

Agreed that if you make a switch at this point it should be Oz.

tripp
10-31-2017, 12:02 PM
I think playing Oz makes more sense than Lynch for a few reasons.

Oz has more experience and I don't think we're ready to call it a season just yet. I believe Oz gives us the best chance to win now.

Lynch is just coming off an injury, and I don't think it's beneficial to his confidence and his health to start against one of the top defenses in the NFL after just coming back from an injury.

Lynch is also with us next year, so I don't see what the rush is to see whether he is a bust or not mid-season. Give him another year to get his act together.

Oz contract is done after this season, I'd be more intrigued to see what he has to offer this year going forward, especially if we're not ready to pack this season in. He went 5-2 as a starter for the Broncos, and I believe our defense is actually better this year, than in 2015 when we won the SB. Defense just isn't as lucky as they were in 2015. We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over, Paxton is essentially a rookie, he will turn the ball over. I don't know if he gives us THAT much more of a chance to win vs Siemian.

Davii
10-31-2017, 12:11 PM
I like how we had to be patient with Siemian and give him more game time to see whether or not he was a viable starter but we don't with Lynch.

Siemian needed better line play, better running game, new OC, etc.

Agreed that if you make a switch at this point it should be Oz.

IF Lynch is healthy, then I think you have to roll with whichever one has the better command of the offense. I agree it's most likely Brock, however, I'm sure McCoy knows best which one truly gives us the best chance to win.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 12:12 PM

Oz has more experience and I don't think we're ready to call it a season just yet. I believe Oz gives us the best chance to win now.

Lynch is just coming off an injury, and I don't think it's beneficial to his confidence and his health to start against one of the top defenses in the NFL after just coming back from an injury.

Lynch is also with us next year, so I don't see what the rush is to see whether he is a bust or not mid-season. Give him another year to get his act together.

Oz contract is done after this season, I'd be more intrigued to see what he has to offer this year going forward, especially if we're not ready to pack this season in. He went 5-2 as a starter for the Broncos, and I believe our defense is actually better this year, than in 2015 when we won the SB. Defense just isn't as lucky as they were in 2015. We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over, Paxton is essentially a rookie, he will turn the ball over. I don't know if he gives us THAT much more of a chance to win vs Siemian.

To quote Meatloaf:

"You took the words right out of my mouth..."

I'll leave out the rest of the verse... :D

Having Lynch start when his shoulder isn't 100% against the Eagles would be a huge mistake, IMO. We'd lose him for the season.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:17 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Davii
10-31-2017, 12:17 PM

We know what Oz has to offer and we know it's not a long-term answer at the QB position. Unless he has miraculously improved, which is doubtful. Yes, we have Lynch on contract for a while longer, but in order to know if we need to go to the draft yet again, trade for a QB, scour the free agents, etc. we need to know whether Lynch is a viable solution or not. We can't afford to not have any answers next year, we need to know.

Now, that being said, whichever one McCoy feels gives us the best chance to win should be the guy. We're still in contention for the division title so to turtle up and quit would be unforgivable.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 12:25 PM

Lynch is a right handed tebow without the intangibles or attitude.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:25 PM
Lynch is a right handed tebow without the intangibles or attitude.

Oh no. He's much better than that shitty quarterback.

tripp
10-31-2017, 12:27 PM
We know what Oz has to offer and we know it's not a long-term answer at the QB position. Unless he has miraculously improved, which is doubtful. Yes, we have Lynch on contract for a while longer, but in order to know if we need to go to the draft yet again, trade for a QB, scour the free agents, etc. we need to know whether Lynch is a viable solution or not. We can't afford to not have any answers next year, we need to know.

Now, that being said, whichever one McCoy feels gives us the best chance to win should be the guy. We're still in contention for the division title so to turtle up and quit would be unforgivable.

But here's the thing, didn't Lynch get benched for Siemian last year? Didn't Siemian beat out Lynch to win the starting role in training camp? What are we dying to see now?

I just feel given the circumstances, I think Oz is the obvious starting QB. With the help of the defense absolutely, but didn't he beat New England? We don't win the SB without him, he's familiar with the receivers, CJ, he knows this offense. He has experience.

Lynch IMO is a huge down grade at the moment. I want to see him next year with every possible chance to win the starting role against whoever.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 12:30 PM

wrong.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 12:32 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

dogfish
10-31-2017, 12:37 PM

i wouldn't say "much" better. . .

slim, hold me!

wayninja
10-31-2017, 12:44 PM
Let me know when one of these clowns takes a "lost season" to the playoffs and I'll bite on this awful bait.

BeefStew25
10-31-2017, 12:55 PM

But he can’t beat out Semen?

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:59 PM
#neverforget

GEM
10-31-2017, 01:00 PM

Eh....not so sure about that. I think they are pretty close in skill level. :tsk:

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Bring back Brian Griese!

tripp
10-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Bring back Brian Griese!

my first broncos jersey as a kid.. :Cry:

Davii
10-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Bring back Brian Griese!

I'll do it. I'm ready to play.

Magnificent Seven
10-31-2017, 01:55 PM
Osweiler is our best bet for this week.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 02:04 PM
But he can’t beat out Semen?

He could, but only by looking at your avy for motivation.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 02:06 PM
would rather sign kapperdick or tebow

tripp
10-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 21s21 seconds ago
More
Vance Joseph #Broncos @1043TheFan "Paxton has only practiced three days, so he won't be in that mix."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago
More
Vance Joseph #Broncos @1043TheFan "right now we've got Trevor as the starter and Brock as our backup"

tripp
10-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 12s13 seconds ago
More
Joseph: “Trevor … made 3 horrible interceptions, 3 horrific decisions” but praised 20-plus “amazing” plays. “But again, it’s about results"

Davii
10-31-2017, 02:12 PM
would rather sign kapperdick or tebow

:lol: Good thing you have nothing to do with running a football team. Either one of those guys would be a downgrade, especially the one that isn't even an NFL QB.

weazel
10-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 21s21 seconds ago
More
Vance Joseph #Broncos @1043TheFan "Paxton has only practiced three days, so he won't be in that mix."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago
More
Vance Joseph #Broncos @1043TheFan "right now we've got Trevor as the starter and Brock as our backup"

Lynch isn't starting

weazel
10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
:lol: Good thing you have nothing to do with running a football team. Either one of those guys would be a downgrade, especially the one that isn't even an NFL QB.

I think we could use a right fielder

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 12s13 seconds ago
More
Joseph: “Trevor … made 3 horrible interceptions, 3 horrific decisions” but praised 20-plus “amazing” plays. “But again, it’s about results"

Ridiculous.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 02:16 PM
I think we could use a right fielder

I wouldn't choose him for that, either.

wayninja
I'd be all on board the tebow bandwagon! Kap... not so much, we don't need that circus. :D

weazel
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now14 seconds ago

Joseph: Paxton Lynch “could be” in the mix later as he he continues working his way back but it’s “unfair” to put him out there now.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now6 seconds ago

Joseph said “no” when asked whether bringing in a QB from outside was a possibility.

GEM
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Ok, so are we stuck with ****face or are we going with oz?

weazel
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't choose him for that, either.

ball boy? ****face seemed to be throwing to the ballboy a lot last night

dogfish
10-31-2017, 02:21 PM
I'd be all on board the tebow bandwagon!

we know, bud. . . keep that dream alive!

:D

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 02:23 PM

This team would be going for its 3rd superbowl in a row with tebow on this team.

The tebow dynasty

Davii
10-31-2017, 02:23 PM
This team would be going for its 3rd superbowl in a row with tebow on this team.

The tebow dynasty

Uh huh... You might want to see someone about that... Someone professional might be able to help.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 02:24 PM
Imagine the best QB roster of all time.

Tebow. Sloter. Swag Kelly

wayninja
10-31-2017, 02:26 PM
we know, bud. . . keep that dream alive!

:D

I will, dog, thanks for the support! Together we can make no difference whatsoever!

wayninja
10-31-2017, 02:26 PM

Yes

Davii
10-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Yes

I just called Vance, he confirmed that WayNinja's answer here is correct.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 02:33 PM
Colin Kaepernick's attorney: Kaepernick will be signed within 10 days

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-apos-attorney-kaepernick-180229912.html

Davii
10-31-2017, 02:38 PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-apos-attorney-kaepernick-180229912.html

Not to the Broncos. Joseph just said this morning that they're not bringing in outside QB help.

tripp
10-31-2017, 02:44 PM
I don't know why this is being made out to be such a big deal. You're not benching ******* Tom Brady. You're benching Trevor Siemian, bench the dude and let Oz have as much time as he can to prepare for this.

NightTrainLayne
10-31-2017, 02:44 PM
Oz will start next Sunday. Book it.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 02:45 PM
Well, it's puzzling. Also, you don't want to make quick decisions.

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 02:47 PM
I don't know why this is being made out to be such a big deal. You're not benching ******* Tom Brady. You're benching Trevor Siemian, bench the dude and let Oz have as much time as he can to prepare for this.

Players are off today. I imagine he wants to talk to them before announcing it to the world. Sounds like it's happening, though, and Os will run with the starters during tomorrow's practice.

LawDog
10-31-2017, 02:55 PM

Mark Geragos is a media whore. This whole collusion storyline/lawsuit will go nowhere; Colin is not entitled to be an NFL quarterback. It's not like he was playing at a high level and then was suddenly cut because of his protest thingy. If he was still capable of playing at an above average level he would have been picked up prior to the start of the season, he isn't, he wasn't, and he won't be picked up now unless there is some bottom half team that loses a QB to injury and their backup is a bucket of warm spit. His career is on a similar trajectory as Giraffe Osweiller and we already have that for way, way cheaper.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2017, 02:57 PM
the broncos should offer to sign kap for 3 1st round comp picks

make a deal with the league!

Northman
10-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Now they are saying Brock is to start.

Slick
10-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Now they are saying Brock is to start.

Your sources let you down. We're supposed to believe you now?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2017, 03:26 PM
From article:

That no decision was made public suggests Siemian is in trouble. Joseph said no decision would be made Tuesday as the coaches continue to meet. The players are off on Tuesday, making it likely an announcement will be made on Wednesday. Again, all signs continue to point toward a pocket change.

"It's under evaluation right now," General Manager John Elway said on the flagship station.

AND

Brock Osweiler has served as Siemian's backup while Paxton Lynch recovered from a throwing shoulder injury suffered during the preseason. Multiple players told Denver7 they believe Osweiler is ready to play, if needed. Joseph said this will not be a practice decision because of the short week, providing more fodder that Osweiler will take over.

Lynch, meanwhile, has practiced only three times -- all last week -- since he hurt his shoulder on Aug. 26. He's not under consideration at this point.

"It would be unfair to him," Joseph said.

"The thing is he knows the system. That's why he was a good fit when he came back as a backup," Elway said. "He knows a lot of the players who are here and the personalities. If a decision is made to go that direction, I think we will be fine."

It might be temporary. If the Broncos continue to fade, Lynch could get an extended look as the team determines how to assess the position in the draft and free agency.

full article - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-continue-mulling-benching-trevor-siemian-after-third-straight-loss

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 03:26 PM
I can't see them throwing Brock or Lynch in there on the road at the best team in the League. They may do it vs NE, at least its at home?

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 03:29 PM
I can't see them throwing Brock or Lynch in there on the road at the best team in the League. They may do it vs NE, at least its at home?

Because it's too scary? I don't follow.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2017, 03:30 PM
It's simple, you play the best player. Right now that's Oz.

Nomad
10-31-2017, 03:33 PM
Because it's too scary? I don't follow.

I guess it doesn't matter, it'll be another meltdown game. I guess it's another QB turn to suck along with the coach. It's the change that counts. :D

BTW.....Eagles are pretty good, and they'll be home in an early Sunday game.

tripp
10-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Will need to adjust game plan for Oz, I believe he can get it done with a good showing from our defense to keep us in it. Limit mistakes and stay on the field. Run the ball as much as you can.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Joseph: Broncos to 'evaluate everything' at QB position
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about how he will evaluate the quarterback position following Denver's loss against the Chiefs.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-Broncos-to-evaluate-everything-at-QB-position/fd3bfe19-9d86-47ac-a37f-9ab0c2ec625d

underrated29
10-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Joseph: Broncos to 'evaluate everything' at QB position
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about how he will evaluate the quarterback position following Denver's loss against the Chiefs.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-Broncos-to-evaluate-everything-at-QB-position/fd3bfe19-9d86-47ac-a37f-9ab0c2ec625d

Its easy.
Cut trevor and Brock
Pax is the starter
Sign Sloter to active roster.

We are screwed until next year anyway when Swag Kelly can play.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Its easy.
Cut trevor and Brock
Pax is the starter
Sign Sloter to active roster.

We are screwed until next year anyway when Swag Kelly can play.

Sloter is on the active roster with the Vikings.

WARHORSE
10-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Sloter is on the active roster with the Vikings.

And lighting it up I might add. ;)

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 01:29 AM
Will need to adjust game plan for Oz, I believe he can get it done with a good showing from our defense to keep us in it. Limit mistakes and stay on the field. Run the ball as much as you can.

If they couldn't do that for TS why would it work for Oz?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2017, 08:34 AM
You don’t have to change the game plan. You just can’t throw 3 unforced INTs. We need a QB who can step up into the pocket on occasion or at least drift right and left while keeping his eyes downfield. A guy who has a little bit of eye discipline and doesn’t stare down his #1 receiver all the time. A guy who can throw in front of a receiver on the move not behind or over him.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask. We don’t need Aaron Rodgers to make this offense go. This offense would be awesome with a guy like Tyron Taylor, FFS. Just don’t turn it over!

Broncoknight30
11-01-2017, 08:39 AM
You don’t have to change the game plan. You just can’t throw 3 unforced INTs. We need a QB who can step up into the pocket on occasion or at least drift right and left while keeping his eyes downfield. A guy who has a little bit of eye discipline and doesn’t stare down his #1 receiver all the time. A guy who can throw in front of a receiver on the move not behind or over him.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask. We don’t need Aaron Rodgers to make this offense go. This offense would be awesome with a guy like Tyron Taylor, FFS. Just don’t turn it over!

Or sees fit to throw a ball 10 feet over DTs head on a critical two point conversion because he did not want the ball intercepted.

If there was any play to sum up Siemian, it is that. The same mentality that has determined that he will check down to 3 yards on a 3rd and 8.

He is not an NFL QB. Period.

tripp
11-01-2017, 09:19 AM
If they couldn't do that for TS why would it work for Oz?

Cuz I think Siemian's confidence is shook. Like every analyst is saying about him that he's seeing ghosts. Don't ask me what that means, I dunno, but I can imagine. They're not gonna ask Brock to throw the ball as much as Siemian.

Hopefully Brock can bring something else to this offense that TS can't. More confidence I hope.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Cuz I think Siemian's confidence is shook. Like every analyst is saying about him that he's seeing ghosts. Don't ask me what that means, I dunno, but I can imagine. They're not gonna ask Brock to throw the ball as much as Siemian.

Hopefully Brock can bring something else to this offense that TS can't. More confidence I hope.

He's seeing pressure coming at him even when there is no pressure to be found. It was very easy to see it happening from the stands in KC Sunday night... He's a half quarter of an hour past shell shocked.

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 09:30 AM
I don't think saying Siemien 'isn't a good QB'. He has great mechanics. He HAD great footwork until he got shell shocked.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:33 AM

The reporters are saying we're making a change, the actual people who make the change say that Trevor's the starter...

I don't know what the truth is at this point, and I'm almost past the point of no return where I don't even care anymore.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2017, 09:39 AM
I don't think saying Siemien 'isn't a good QB'. He has great mechanics. He HAD great footwork until he got shell shocked.

It wasn’t even “shell shocked” it’s pressured period. He’s always been bad when pressured. He gets antsy and pulls the ball down or drifts back in the pocket into the outside rush. He’s always done it. He also is terrible not just feeling, but seeing the rush. He can’t read a blitz to save his ass hence why he almost never hits his hot read when pressured. Siemien has to “see” an open man or blind trust that the receiver will make a contested catch to throw it (hence why he throws to a triple covered DT often or throws a lot of downfield “jump” balls to receivers who are open until he underthrows them forcing a jump ball situation.

tripp
11-01-2017, 10:00 AM
BrockOsweiler is officially starting QB of your Denver Broncos

EastCoastBronco
11-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Siemien is done.
I think even our ever patient defence would revolt if he started against the Eagles...or anybody, for that matter.
Not that making a change is going to make a difference (with an O-Line that stinks like ass) but the change may provide some kind of a spark.
Lynch may not be good at reading through progressions but at least he can scramble.

VonDoom
11-01-2017, 10:13 AM
The reporters are saying we're making a change, the actual people who make the change say that Trevor's the starter...

I don't know what the truth is at this point, and I'm almost past the point of no return where I don't even care anymore.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

Breaking: Vance Joseph informs team Brock Osweiler is their starting QB at Philly:

EastCoastBronco
11-01-2017, 10:33 AM
I think we need to change the name of the thread...

NightTrainLayne
11-01-2017, 10:46 AM
I think we need to change the name of the thread...

Nah, it will just be here ready when folks get upset with Brock. ;)

Mike
11-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Nah, it will just be here ready when folks get upset with Brock. ;)

Soooo...see you here in a week.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

Breaking: Vance Joseph informs team Brock Osweiler is their starting QB at Philly:

Thanks for sharing, just saw this in our bronco facebook chat too. After watching the crapstorm live in KC, I'm ready for us to try anything different. It may not produce better results, but we cannot simply just keep starting Trevor saying "well, what's the alternative" what we have isn't working, keep trying new things for the rest of the year until we find something that is an improvement.

wayninja
11-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Yep, I'm not sure how Brocks confidence after his last 24 months could be much better than seimians, but at some point you have to just try something, even if you don't have a ton of faith in it. It beats the known quantity of offense suckage.

dogfish
11-01-2017, 12:03 PM

not sure oz can do any of those things, but we're at the point where we have to try something. . .

slim
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM
It's simple, you play the best player. Right now that's Oz.

Then Brock should have been starting 8 weeks ago.

slim
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Also North, take a lap.

Nomad
11-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Then Brock should have been starting 8 weeks ago.

He'd be the getting benched right now.:D

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Lynch is the starter and sloter is 3rd string on a team with no quarterback... Thats it.

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Lynch is the starter and sloter is 3rd string on a team with no quarterback... Thats it.

There is nothing in this post that is true. Try again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2017, 04:56 PM

Agreed

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 05:02 PM
There is nothing in this post that is true. Try again.

One week bro one week. I guarantee they are throwing brock oit there on the road against philly so lynch can have two weeks of prep.

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
One week bro one week. I guarantee they are throwing brock oit there on the road against philly so lynch can have two weeks of prep.

Doubtful, unless Brock shits the bed which I don't think will happen. And, Sloter is currently the #2 QB with the Vikings.

Lynch sucks. Embrace reality and get off the drugs.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Except Brock is the starter which makes this post look stupid since it happened well after Brock was named the starter.

BroncoJoe
11-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Except Brock is the starter which makes this post look stupid since it happened well after Brock was named the starter.

He's not too bright.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 05:17 PM
One week, brock couldn't even impress the Brown's who traded for him just to recieve a pick. Brock sucks dude. But of course he's going too look good on the road against philly. See ya next week

Northman
11-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Also North, take a lap.

Dont blame me. :D

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 05:46 PM
He's not too bright.

You might have just stumbled upon the understatement of the century there Joe.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 05:48 PM
One week, brock couldn't even impress the Brown's who traded for him just to recieve a pick. Brock sucks dude. But of course he's going too look good on the road against philly. See ya next week

The browns never wanted him brainiac...They traded for him to eat cap space so they could bring their spending up to the league minimum. They dangled him as tradebait within hours of trading for him because he was never, ever in their plans.

topscribe
11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Also North, take a lap.
Take a nap.

Cugel
11-01-2017, 06:19 PM

His OL consisted of a raw rookie at LT and a G playing RT. What did anybody expect?

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 06:22 PM

His OL consisted of a raw rookie at LT and a G playing RT. What did anybody expect?

Cug. The OLine is apparently not a problem spot to the resident expert police here #sarcasm

NightTerror218
11-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Cug. The OLine is apparently not a problem spot to the resident expert police here #sarcasm

Billed has been solid. RT has been a hot mess

Bolles has a pff rating if 70 which is #36 or 70.

topscribe
11-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Which is exactly why, IMO, benching Trevor is a good thing. VJ said he is doing it for the team
and for Trevor's future. Trevor was in the process of getting ruined. I watched that take place
years ago with another young QB, Steve Tensi. He came to the Broncos with a rifle arm, good
accuracy, and great mechanics. He took a career-ending pummeling. This is what seems to have
been happening with Trevor. VJ saw it. Which is a good thing for both the team and for Trevor.

BroncoTech
11-01-2017, 06:48 PM

We've been doing that for 2 years.

Shazam!
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Billed has been solid. RT has been a hot mess

Bolles has a pff rating if 70 which is #36 or 70.

He was going to suffer a bit this season as a rookie on an awful unit but I believe he will be g2g next year. He has time to grow.

I have no idea what this team will do for the other side to address it after all the misses. Not Misses. Lol

dogfish
11-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Which is exactly why, IMO, benching Trevor is a good thing. VJ said he is doing it for the team
and for Trevor's future. Trevor was in the process of getting ruined. I watched that take place
years ago with another young QB, Steve Tensi. He came to the Broncos with a rifle arm, good
accuracy, and great mechanics. He took a career-ending pummeling. This is what seems to have
been happening with Trevor. VJ saw it. Which is a good thing for both the team and for Trevor.

it happened to griese, too. . . he was never the same after the raiders busted up his shoulder. . . sadly, i don't think trevor is likely to recover from it, either. . .

Cugel
11-01-2017, 07:50 PM
The browns never wanted him brainiac...They traded for him to eat cap space so they could bring their spending up to the league minimum. They dangled him as tradebait within hours of trading for him because he was never, ever in their plans.

They traded for him because they had well over $100 million in cap space and the Texans offered a 2nd round pick to take. They weren't going to spend the money because what FA wants to go there so it was a free pick. They would have kept him but they wanted to start Kizer because they are the Browns.

Cugel
11-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

Trevor no longer has a future in Denver. He will have to go somewhere else to compete be a backup next year. He may find it difficult to find a team who wants him too. He will never start another Broncos barring injury to everybody else.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:29 PM

If the browns don't want you then you are garbage, teams dont just not want decent or good quarterback.... Brock sucks, he's got the task of going into philly can getting blown out 21-0 which isn't an actual blow out but for our offense it is.

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Hey dt88, aren't you glad the Broncos aren't giving up on the season already by starting Lynch?

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:37 PM
The Broncos gave up on the season the second tthey named Trevor the starter just because he kyle ortoned it in practice. If lynch was healthy all along they'd been benched Trevor imo. You can't win with Orton type quarterbacks.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Brock Osweiler had good weapons and defense in Houston and they gsve up a second round pick just to dump him for a rookie lol. The dude is garbage he is not going to save the season. The Broncos know this. Just didn't make sense to send lynch to philly on short notice. Brock deserves this one shot of redemption though, the dude careers has spiraled out of control in just 12 months or so.

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 08:42 PM
How bad is Lynch that he can't beat out Siemian or Oz?

spikerman
11-01-2017, 08:44 PM

I think this is a case of him coming off an injury. My guess is that the Broncos would prefer to have him be the starter.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:47 PM

Hes coming off an injury on a short notice genius...... He didn't even get a shot to (beat out brock) lol. Remember sloter was busy beating out everyone all pre season, there was no Brock..... Too bad you don't pay attention.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:49 PM
I think this is a case of him coming off an injury. My guess is that the Broncos would prefer to have him be the starter.

There is no doubt that Paxton is going to get the last 6 game's or so. It would be foolish not too, we are going to lose with either quarterback we put in, id rather lose while trying to develop somebody with elite talent than two guys who has had there chance and flamed out.

spikerman
11-01-2017, 08:52 PM
There is no doubt that Paxton is going to get the last 6 game's or so. It would be foolish not too, we are going to lose with either quarterback we put in, id rather lose while trying to develop somebody with elite talent than two guys who has had there chance and flamed out.
Stop agreeing with me. You make me question my own beliefs.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Stop agreeing with me. You make me question my own beliefs.

Just take it in and accept that we agree, digest it, let it sit a while before you crap it out.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Sorry spike

spikerman
11-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Just take it in and accept that we agree, digest it, let it sit a while before you crap it out.
Ok, this made me laugh.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 08:58 PM

It's not that the o-line isn't a problem, it just isn't THE problem. It's not a consistent issue. There has been significant improvement since week 1. It's still not a great o-line, but the times that the o-line does it's job and protects, the offense isn't capitalizing on it. Trevor even when there isn't pressure is reacting to pressure that isn't there. He's drifting back, or on the occasions that he does step up, he steps way farther than he needs to and actually walks into the pressure from the d-line. When he has time, he's locking onto his first read (this week he stared down DT, pump faked to DT without ever looking away from DT and then threw to DT anyway...)

On one of the INT's he had several first down options available, but instead got greedy and went for the low percentile deep pass for an INT and this is not a one time issue, he consistently tries to force deep passes that aren't there as if trying to prove he has a strong arm or something.

I know the constant excuse is "but he gets hit SOOOO much" well, we have 43 QB hits. Qb's that get hit more than him this year...

Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, Dakota Watson, Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Carson Palmer, Aaron Rodgers (though he's dead now so...). So yes, the o-line is a problem, but it's a problem for a lot of QB's. The difference between Trevor and other QB's is that when the pressure isn't there, they take advantage of the opportunity and move the ball.

When your QB is getting hit less than half the league, is it still ok to give the full brunt of the blame for poor QB play to the QB himself? Or is it ok to start finally saying, hey, maybe he is an issue as well. Maybe he's a bigger issue than the line itself.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:01 PM

In his defense, he's still injured, there were some reports that he's not physically capable of throwing more than 15 yards right now. I'm guessing he's not in the mix because we are not quite ready for him to be in the mix. It actually makes since that we are holding off and giving him more practice time. He wasn't good to begin with, so he's going to need that practice time to brush off the suck he's accumulated on top of his usual suck since August...

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 09:03 PM
It's not that the o-line isn't a problem, it just isn't THE problem. It's not a consistent issue. There has been significant improvement since week 1. It's still not a great o-line, but the times that the o-line does it's job and protects, the offense isn't capitalizing on it. Trevor even when there isn't pressure is reacting to pressure that isn't there. He's drifting back, or on the occasions that he does step up, he steps way farther than he needs to and actually walks into the pressure from the d-line. When he has time, he's locking onto his first read (this week he stared down DT, pump faked to DT without ever looking away from DT and then threw to DT anyway...)

On one of the INT's he had several first down options available, but instead got greedy and went for the low percentile deep pass for an INT and this is not a one time issue, he consistently tries to force deep passes that aren't there as if trying to prove he has a strong arm or something.

I know the constant excuse is "but he gets hit SOOOO much" well, we have 43 QB hits. Qb's that get hit more than him this year...

Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, Dakota Watson, Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Carson Palmer, Aaron Rodgers (though he's dead now so...). So yes, the o-line is a problem, but it's a problem for a lot of QB's. The difference between Trevor and other QB's is that when the pressure isn't there, they take advantage of the opportunity and move the ball.

When your QB is getting hit less than half the league, is it still ok to give the full brunt of the blame for poor QB play to the QB himself? Or is it ok to start finally saying, hey, maybe he is an issue as well. Maybe he's a bigger issue than the line itself.

Damn yo you just brung tears to my eye's, you've come so far from Trevor being Brady too this post.

The next time I cry is when you're eating Paxton lynch crow.

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Hes coming off an injury on a short notice genius...... He didn't even get a shot to (beat out brock) lol. Remember sloter was busy beating out everyone all pre season, there was no Brock..... Too bad you don't pay attention.

Lynch is terrible. :laugh: I wrote "Lynch" and my phone suggested "is terrible". Even my phone knows.

DT88TheGreat
11-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Try to type Trevor and watch **** face or Orton keep auto correcting.

LawDog
11-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Bait taken.

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Damn yo you just brung tears to my eye's, you've come so far from Trevor being Brady too this post.

The next time I cry is when you're eating Paxton lynch crow.

Hey dumbass, I never once said Trevor was as good, or even would be as good as Brady. Quit making garbage up unless you can quote a single post in the history of this board where I said that (hint, you can't because you are making crap up like the troll you are)

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Lynch is terrible. :laugh: I wrote "Lynch" and my phone suggested "is terrible". Even my phone knows.

True story, can confirm, just tried it.

spikerman
11-01-2017, 09:12 PM
I want to see Lynch to decide about the future, but claiming he’s better than Siemian sets a low bar.

chazoe60
11-01-2017, 09:14 PM

Guess what comes up when I type Broncos starting QB? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't say Lynch. :laugh:

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 09:15 PM
I want to see Lynch to decide about the future, but claiming he’s better than Siemian sets a low bar.

Yash might be a better QB than TS at this point...Yash is at least confident in himself and what he believes in...Trevor's a cowardly mess at this point that jumps at his own shadow.

topscribe
11-01-2017, 10:12 PM
You must really enjoy typing Orton's name . . .

Freyaka
11-01-2017, 11:41 PM
You must really enjoy typing Orton's name . . .

Yash loves him some Tebow....

Shazam!
11-02-2017, 05:01 AM

Lynch is clearly the better athlete and size, but his mechanics are just so bad.

He would be Tebow like?

Rick
11-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread.

Broncos former first-round pick Paxton Lynch continues to make strides in his recovery from a shoulder injury and could start as soon as Week 10, according to team and league sources, with Brock Osweiler's time under center perhaps as short as one week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/paxton-lynch-under-consideration-to-start-for-the-broncos-by-week-10/

gregbroncs
11-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Sadly he hasn't shown to be better than Trevor in any way. All of Trevor's problems are bad, Lynch has shown to have some of the same problems while having far worse ones. I'm through with Trevor, he's not good enough. But I'm convinced that Lynch is still worse, and has virtually no chance of helping the team win. I have more confidence in Brock's chances than in Lynch's. If the team turns to Lynch then they have given up, if that happens then we better hope he shows his very first sign of possibly being a decent QB. Because so far the best you can say Lynch has shown is that he is trash at QB in the NFL.

spikerman
11-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Sadly he hasn't shown to be better than Trevor in any way. All of Trevor's problems are bad, Lynch has shown to have some of the same problems while having far worse ones. I'm through with Trevor, he's not good enough. But I'm convinced that Lynch is still worse, and has virtually no chance of helping the team win. I have more confidence in Brock's chances than in Lynch's. If the team turns to Lynch then they have given up, if that happens then we better hope he shows his very first sign of possibly being a decent QB. Because so far the best you can say Lynch has shown is that he is trash at QB in the NFL.

You’ve decided this after 1.5 games?

Nomad
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/paxton-lynch-under-consideration-to-start-for-the-broncos-by-week-10/

Yeah, I figured Osweiler was never the answer, but Siemian forced Joseph's hand to make a switch before Lynch is ready.

BroncoWave
11-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Let's wait and see how Oz plays before penciling in Lynch to start when he's healthy. If Oz comes in and lights it up this week, the job should be his regardless of when Lynch is ready. Now if Oz comes in and sucks and we keep losing then sure, bring in Lynch. But I hope the coaches are going to at least give Oz the chance to keep the job instead of just putting Lynch in regardless.

MOtorboat
11-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Let's wait and see how Oz plays before penciling in Lynch to start when he's healthy. If Oz comes in and lights it up this week, the job should be his regardless of when Lynch is ready. Now if Oz comes in and sucks and we keep losing then sure, bring in Lynch. But I hope the coaches are going to at least give Oz the chance to keep the job instead of just putting Lynch in regardless.

Where would the fun in that be?

Nomad
11-05-2017, 12:00 PM

I believe Oz would have to play lights out, and be very convincing.

BroncoWave
11-05-2017, 12:04 PM
I believe Oz would have to play lights out, and be very convincing.

I don't disagree. I would totally agree with the coaches giving Lynch his shot if Oz is only average or worse. I just hope they let Brock keep playing if he does in fact light it up. Remember, Brock is still a young QB too. I know he's had more time to prove himself, but if he plays well, and looks more like 2015 Brock than 2016, he deserves to earn the chance to start this year and maybe even beyond.

Nomad
11-05-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't disagree. I would totally agree with the coaches giving Lynch his shot if Oz is only average or worse. I just hope they let Brock keep playing if he does in fact light it up. Remember, Brock is still a young QB too. I know he's had more time to prove himself, but if he plays well, and looks more like 2015 Brock than 2016, he deserves to earn the chance to start this year and maybe even beyond.

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the 'Oz hate' for leaving the team like he did, and I hope the guy plays lights out. I'm on no QB bandwagon. I just want what's best for the BRONCOS.

BroncoJoe
11-05-2017, 12:10 PM
OZ will get at least two weeks regardless, IMO.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 02:28 PM
They need to stick with Brent til Lynch has had SOME practice, otherwise you’re pissing in the wind.

chazoe60
11-05-2017, 02:31 PM
They need to stick with Brent til Lynch has had SOME practice, otherwise you’re pissing in the wind.

We're pissing in the wind with our QB position no matter which one of these stiffs we put in the game. There is not a competent NFL QB on our roster. The only good QB Elway can spot is himself in a mirror or PFM as a FA.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 02:36 PM
It isnt the QB. Its the OLine. VJ was a mistake. Elway needs to go back to the past and bring back a Broncos Coach to get this team going.

Something needs to be done about this offeslnsive line. It is Browns bad. Its been Browns bad for YEARS.

spikerman
11-05-2017, 02:46 PM
It isnt the QB. Its the OLine. VJ was a mistake. Elway needs to go back to the past and bring back a Broncos Coach to get this team going.

Something needs to be done about this offeslnsive line. It is Browns bad. Its been Browns bad for YEARS.
I wish this line was as bad as the Browns.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 02:56 PM
We're pissing in the wind with our QB position no matter which one of these stiffs we put in the game. There is not a competent NFL QB on our roster. The only good QB Elway can spot is himself in a mirror or PFM as a FA.

I don’t disagree, just saying you won’t find out much positive by starting THAT QB in the current situation. He wasn’t ready after 6 weeks of practice and hasn’t practiced since week 3 of preseason.