Is Shanny available?

DenBronx
10-30-2017, 10:40 PM
I approve this message.

Didn't like the hire anyway.

Next!

BroncoWave
10-30-2017, 10:40 PM
As horrible a idea as firing a coach this early on in his tenure is 99.99% of the time, I'm really starting to feel like this is the .001%. His utter refusal to even CONSIDER a QB change is mindblowing. And the team just has not looked prepared for a game once this season outside the Dallas game. We were lucky to beat SD and Oakland.

GEM
10-30-2017, 10:41 PM
After a 5 turnover game, if ****face starts the game next week, I'm on board. My phone now officially recognizes ****face. :lol:

Shazam!
Is Shanny available?

He is 10 X better than VJ I'm sorry

BroncoWave
Hire Sergio Dipp!

tripp
I can almost guarantee you if he doesn't make a coaching change, he'll lose the locker room if he hasn't already

BroncoWave
10-30-2017, 10:43 PM
I feel sorry for this defense. Despite giving up 29 points, they really played their assess off tonight. They are just given no chance by this offense and coaching staff. It's sad.

BeefStew25
10-30-2017, 10:45 PM
D gave up 29 points huh.

slim
10-30-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry

Yeah

slim
10-30-2017, 10:46 PM
I feel sorry for this defense. Despite giving up 29 points, they really played their assess off tonight. They are just given no chance by this offense and coaching staff. It's sad.

Except for Von

slim
D gave up 29 points huh.

Not really. Turnovers

Shazam!

I've never seen a team with such a great Defense have an offense that is the worst in the league.

GEM
10-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Von threw some shade at coach of men. I give him a pass. :lol:

slim
10-30-2017, 10:59 PM
Leader of men should focus on leading.

underrated29
10-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Eh too early.

No one was thinking this when trevor was leading the league in tds. Trev sucks. Brock sucks. Once pax is healthy he will get the go if trevor keeps messing up. Until then, how could he? Put in brock who has no practice w the recieivers or reps? He will suck ass too. Then what?

Chad kelly will solve these problems. So will a RT and another pass rusher. and a LG too.

slim
10-30-2017, 11:23 PM
Eh too early.

No one was thinking this when trevor was leading the league in tds. Trev sucks. Brock sucks. Once pax is healthy he will get the go if trevor keeps messing up. Until then, how could he? Put in brock who has no practice w the recieivers or reps? He will suck ass too. Then what?

Chad kelly will solve these problems. So will a RT and another pass rusher. and a LG too.

You need help

GEM
10-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Eh too early.

The receivers are the same as when he was here???

DT check
Sanders check
Fowler check
Taylor check
Green check

Derby new to oz
Hauerman new to oz

Guess what Pax sucks worse than Trev and Oz.

slim
10-30-2017, 11:41 PM

DT check
Sanders check
Fowler check
Taylor check
Green check

Derby new to oz
Hauerman new to oz

I dont think this is possible. Give the pirate 23 games?

Simple Jaded
10-30-2017, 11:42 PM
This is stupid.

No offense.

#NoOffense

Simple Jaded
10-30-2017, 11:44 PM
After a 5 turnover game, if ****face starts the game next week, I'm on board. My phone now officially recognizes ****face. :lol:

That’s Trigga **** Face.

He’s the **** Face we deserve.

Shazam!
10-30-2017, 11:47 PM
Kubiak is still in the organization. Ive heard worse ideas.

Davii
10-30-2017, 11:53 PM

What'd he say?

GEM
10-31-2017, 12:02 AM
What'd he say?

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Frustrated-Von-Miller-takes-subtle-swipe-at-Vance-Joseph-offense-109343541

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 12:10 AM
This is the QB that the defense wanted, so ... suck it up, Buttercup.

underrated29
10-31-2017, 12:13 AM

DT check
Sanders check
Fowler check
Taylor check
Green check

Derby new to oz
Hauerman new to oz

Huh????
I didn’t mentiOn anything about the receivers

Davii
10-31-2017, 12:14 AM
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Frustrated-Von-Miller-takes-subtle-swipe-at-Vance-Joseph-offense-109343541

Ahh, I thought he said something tonight

underrated29
10-31-2017, 12:17 AM

DT check
Sanders check
Fowler check
Taylor check
Green check

Derby new to oz
Hauerman new to oz

Oh, I get it now.
Same wr mans jack. Still have to practice together, get timing, etc.
He may suck worse, but i doubt it. What is it? 6ints in 2 games...? And 22 points in 3 games. Trev is as bad as Orton was.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, remember when it was Kubiak’s fault?

You guys?

DenBronx
10-31-2017, 12:31 AM

If his health is ok then I could see him going back to HC next year. VJ is probably going to play out this year....sadly.

Jim Harbaugh???

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Lol, Kubiak will not be Denver's coach again.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 12:40 AM
Vance Joseph will be HC in ‘18 and Alex Smith will be QB. Saquon will be RB. Nate Solder will be RT.

Mark it down. Lock it in. Championship.

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2017, 12:41 AM
Jim Harbaugh???

Yes!!!!!!!

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 12:41 AM
I just throw in some people with the exp with the Organization who can step in immediately and run the team on Game day.

The Joseph experiment has failed. It isnt purely on Trevor. This was not supposed to be a 6-10 team. I knew this team would botton out after PM but last year provided an illusion on what we thought could be better. Instead, it has completely regressed and gotten worse.

Falls on the Coach. Sorry.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:46 AM
I just throw in some people with the exp with the Organization who can step in immediately and run the team on Game day.

The Joseph experiment has failed. It isnt purely on Trevor. This was not supposed to be a 6-10 team. I knew this team would botton out after PM but last year provided an illusion on what we thought could be better. Instead, it has completely regressed and gotten worse.

Different coach, different offensive line, different receivers, different running backs. Same quarterback.

MUST BE THE COACH!

Joel
10-31-2017, 12:50 AM
Hey guys, remember when it was Kubiak’s fault?

You guys?
At work, on break, on phone, but logged in just to say:

Bet your bitter jaded ass Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 12:52 AM
At work, on break, on phone, but logged in just to say:

Bet your bitter jaded ass Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Idk what this means but I agree.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 12:55 AM

Different coach, different offensive line, different receivers, different running backs. Same quarterback.

MUST BE THE COACH!

Yeah. Those receivers had no drops. And the OLine was 'upgraded'.

Siemian is shell shocked out there and the Offense can't do ANY THING efficiently with a Championship Defense.

Trevor is a small part of the problem. It starts with the Coach. Sorry.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 12:57 AM

Siemian is shell shocked out there and the Offense can't do ANY THING efficiently with a Championship Defense.

Siemian is awful. He's a massive part of the problem. The offensive line and the running game was just fine tonight. The quarterback was not.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 01:04 AM

Siemian is awful. He's a massive part of the problem. The offensive line and the running game was just fine tonight. The quarterback was not.

Keep telling yourself that. You dont know what you were watching. Mental errors by ALL.

They got pressure sending FOUR which led to one INT (which wouldnt havr happened if the play before wasnt another drop).

They got dominated up front. As usual.

Chiefs also put the foot off the pedal when KC new they had the game in hand.

Watch with your brain. Not with your heart.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:08 AM
Keep telling yourself that. You dont know what you were watching. Mental errors by ALL.

They got pressure sending FOUR which led to one INT (which wouldnt havr happened if the play before wasnt another drop).

They got dominated up front. As usual.

Chiefs also put the foot off the pedal when KC new they had the game in hand.

Watch with your brain. Not with your heart.

Lol.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 01:08 AM
TS is a much bigger part of the problem than VJ, I find it hard to believe that the two never discussed the notion of not throwing the ball right to the bad guys.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:09 AM
TS is a much bigger part of the problem than VJ, I find it hard to believe that the two never discussed the notion of not throwing the ball right to the bad guys.

The interceptions were the line's fault. Watch with the brain, not the heart.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 01:17 AM
The interceptions were the line's fault. Watch with the brain, not the heart.

I’ve been on TS’s side this whole time, I had plans to trade TS for a high draft pick after he’s SB MVP. I’m still ok with letting him play it out.

Clearly it’s his critics who’ve been watching with their hearts.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 01:19 AM
Right. Everyone wants to blame TS solely but hes not alone. What for an OLine that is deficient in every way. What about the drops? The constant pressure? The fumbles? The indecisiveness?

Siemein is shell shocked out there because of the pounding he has taken. I cant believe he's even alive.

Is Oz is going to solve these issues by himself? No.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:21 AM
I’ve been on TS’s side this whole time, I had plans to trade TS for a high draft pick after he’s SB MVP. I’m still ok with letting him play it out.

Clearly it’s his critics who’ve been watching with their hearts.

12-4. Super Bowl. Still in play. Clear brain, no heart. Can't lose.

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2017, 01:27 AM
The line never forced him to throw across his body or to massively under throw a receiver, neither did Joseph.

We now know unequivocally that siemian is terrible, that's not a small problem, it's a massive problem.

I am all in on your harbaugh idea though lol

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:35 AM
Right. Everyone wants to blame TS solely but hes not alone. What for an OLine that is deficient in every way. What about the drops? The constant pressure? The fumbles? The indecisiveness?

Siemein is shell shocked out there because of the pounding he has taken. I cant believe he's even alive.

No one is blaming solely Trevor Siemian for the offensive woes. But to say a quarterback is only a small part of the problem is utterly absurd.

He's missing receivers by five yards at a time, he had a passer rating of 6.9 at halftime. He threw three interceptions. It's not the offensive line's fault every damn time. Are they a great line, of course they aren't. Are they anywhere near as bad as you have said they are - "worst I've ever seen" - absolutely not. They're not even close to the worst line in the league THIS YEAR.

Could receivers help him more by getting more separation and catching passes? Of course.

The running game? This team ran for 160 yards when it trailed the entire game past the 10:00 mark in the first quarter. That ain't the problem.

Let's take a look at Siemian's three interceptions: underthrown deep ball (for what, the 80th time?), an overthrown deep ball (for what, the 100th time), a stupid-ass desperation heave to Thomas in double coverage while on the run? None of those three things have to do with the offensive line, the receivers and it sure as heck doesn't have anything to do with the coaches. There isn't a single coach that would ever advise throwing that pass that turned into an INT on the scramble. There's like six guys ever who could complete that pass and one is sitting in the booth upstairs. It blows my mind that this awful quarterback is calling signals for his team.

I will fault Joseph for this: Not making a change. I will fault him for not making changes anywhere else. But he benched Charles until late in the game for the early fumble - and rightly so - why does he continue to run out this shitty ass quarterback? Ultimately, that could be a fireable offense, it's not now.

Magnificent Seven
10-31-2017, 01:37 AM
RB Jammal Charles, KR/PR McKenize, QB Siemian blew Broncos' chance to win.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 01:38 AM
The line never forced him to throw across his body or to massively under throw a receiver, neither did Joseph.

We now know unequivocally that siemian is terrible, that's not a small problem, it's a massive problem.

I am all in on your harbaugh idea though lol

He was desperately trying to make a play. It was an awful throw, he should have thrown it away.

However: KC sent four. Watson got MAULED on that play. Their 4 vs Denvers Five. He wanted to TRY something and get rid of the ball so he doesnt get HIT again.

My God. Yo I get it he isnt playing well at all BUT he is a product of an offensive line that is one of the worst ive ever seen. He is shell shocked from the beatings hes taken. I dont understand how people don't see this and think its part of the problem.

MOtorboat
10-31-2017, 01:48 AM
He was desperately trying to make a play. It was an awful throw, he should have thrown it away.

However: KC sent four. Watson got MAULED on that play. Their 4 vs Denvers Five. He wanted to TRY something and get rid of the ball so he doesnt get HIT again.

My God. Yo I get it he isnt playing well at all BUT he is a product of an offensive line that is one of the worst ive ever seen. He is shell shocked from the beatings hes taken. I dont understand how people don't see this and think its part of the problem.

You're blaming the line for that play?

Wow. Just wow.

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2017, 01:48 AM

I get that is part of the problem, I just think our qbs lack of talent is a bigger problem

Tbolt
10-31-2017, 02:26 AM
How great a job did Kubiak do in hindsight winning a SB with the shell of Peyton Manning (plus terrible OL), and going 9-7 last year with what amounted to two rookie QB’s having to play? Should have been 10-6 but KC screwjob.

VJ is a pretty lousy coach in comparison and losing Wade Phillips just compounded the lunacy.

Timmy!
10-31-2017, 03:01 AM
Trevor is bad.....like, really really bad right now. He literally stares down 1 read. It's Orton without the vision (insert laughter here). It's Tebow without the legs. It's ******* horrible. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell we fire VJ, but with even subpar QB play we had a shot tonight. Put in OZ damnit!! Trevor is a gritty dude, but he is 100% rubbish right now.

DenBronx
10-31-2017, 05:48 AM
Don't worry guys...it'll be ok....everyone just needs to calm down..........

.....BECAUSE WE JUST HAVE THE 7-1 ******* EAGLES TO PLAY NEXT!!!

spikerman
10-31-2017, 05:50 AM
You guys all know that VJ isn’t going anywhere right? He’s a rookie head coach. He’ll get 2-3 years minimum.

DenBronx
10-31-2017, 05:53 AM

You're blaming the line for that play?

Wow. Just wow.

Somehow had some photos of Siemians INTs and he had perfect protection. Ron Leary I think is ranked #2 in the whole NFL for protection right now. Even our rookie LT has been better than expected. Trevor is just making terrible decisions. I gave him all the benifit of the doubt but he has been a disaster.

Kyle Orton 2.0

BroncoWave
10-31-2017, 06:01 AM

But what's worse? Having a QB as awful as Siemian, or a coach who has flat out said he refuses to bench him? Siemian can't help how awful he is. Joseph can control who starts though. It ultimately falls on him.

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 06:40 AM
But what's worse? Having a QB as awful as Siemian, or a coach who has flat out said he refuses to bench him? Siemian can't help how awful he is. Joseph can control who starts though. It ultimately falls on him.

Joseph is quoted as saying "anything is possible" when asked about the QB after the game. That's a change from his "Trevor is our guy" stuff. He's going to make a change. The question is whether he starts Oz or just waits until Lynch is ready in a week or two and goes right to him.

VonDoom
10-31-2017, 06:43 AM

We had a lot of problems in this game. Siemian is still the largest one though. Not everything else is going to be perfect all the time and the QB has to operate under adverse conditions. Russel Wilson threw for 452 yards the other day with no OL and a running game that gained five yards on sixteen carries. Shit happens.

Yes, Watson is a turnstile, but the rest of the line actually isn't all that bad. Fowler is the definition of "just a guy" and he has hands of stone. McKenzie inexplicably has four fumbles already in limited touches (and our ST in general is last in DVOA - looking at you, Brock Olivo). We know there are problems. But Siemian made way too many mistakes of his own making and that has been a big problem lately. Since week three - 3 TD, 8 INT. Not acceptable. This season is going down. I have no interest in Brock, but I wouldn't go crazy if they went that way. Let's see Lynch when healthy or Kelly. I think they probably all suck, but at least we have to try to mix it up.

GEM
10-31-2017, 06:46 AM
At this point, it's not even worth it to argue with anyone still standing behind Siemian. It's just wasted posts.

sneakers
10-31-2017, 06:47 AM

could we clone Kubiak?

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
At this point, it's not even worth it to argue with anyone still standing behind Siemian. It's just wasted posts.

I wasnt defending Simien, its just that his decline in performance and decision making is a product from the beating he has taken due to a Browns-quality OLine... but even they have/had Joe Thomas.

I think his career is ruined because of all the hits he took. His mental game has caved.

Im all for a change as this team obviously has to head into 2018 with HUGE changes.

Its a sin wasting this Defense for two straight years.

GEM
10-31-2017, 08:45 AM
I wasnt defending Simien, its just that his decline in performance and decision making is a product from the beating he has taken due to a Browns-quality OLine... but even they have/had Joe Thomas.

I think his career is ruined because of all the hits he took. His mental game has caved.

Im all for a change as this team obviously has to head into 2018 with HUGE changes.

We have 2 glaring issues on oline, RT and LG. In most of the still pictures shown, Siemian is protected when he's at his worst. I'd venture to say that the oline for Manning during our Super Bowl run was worse than what Siemian has dealt with. I don't want a qb that is that rattled. I don't want this defense wasted either, which is why there is no defending Siemian at this point. He makes this offense worse. He was sailing balls into the dirt, out of bounds, in front of, behind...and that can't all be blamed on the line. He's just not good and he makes an already deficient offense non-existent. The 2 pt conversion was the biggest tell all that he's done. He wasn't good enough to begin with which shows problems upstairs. How do you go into 2 seasons with the #1 defense in the league without a quality qb on the roster, then cut the only qb that showed any business being on an NFL team. UGH I'm infuriated with the whole damn thing.

Shazam!
10-31-2017, 08:57 AM

We have 2 glaring issues on oline, RT and LG. In most of the still pictures shown, Siemian is protected when he's at his worst. I'd venture to say that the oline for Manning during our Super Bowl run was worse than what Siemian has dealt with. I don't want a qb that is that rattled. I don't want this defense wasted either, which is why there is no defending Siemian at this point. He makes this offense worse. He was sailing balls into the dirt, out of bounds, in front of, behind...and that can't all be blamed on the line. He's just not good and he makes an already deficient offense non-existent. The 2 pt conversion was the biggest tell all that he's done. He wasn't good enough to begin with which shows problems upstairs. How do you go into 2 seasons with the #1 defense in the league without a quality qb on the roster, then cut the only qb that showed any business being on an NFL team. UGH I'm infuriated with the whole damn thing.

I agree 100%. Siemien had a great chance. I just think that the hits he took ruined his psyche. A lot of his mechanics were very good... before he started getting killed out there.

I also think the OLine during Mannings time hastened his decline, as he took some monster shots. He was PFM tho who hid many of the deficiencies of the Offense. Siemien can't do that.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:30 AM

Nobody is really behind Siemian now. His career is done. Toast. Finished. Over. At best he will go somewhere else at year's end and get a backup job somewhere. There are always backup jobs available in the NFL for QBs who have failed their chance at being a starter. In fact, that is the definition of a backup. Nobody wants an inexperienced backup.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 09:34 AM
The defense is already wasted. Season over and done with. The Broncos are going to Philly to play the best team in the NFL then home against the SB Champions who are getting it together defensively. So, their record is already 3-6.

And does anybody think the team will win out from there? Of course now. So, their THEORETICAL maximum wins would be 9-7. More realistically, they might win 6 games, at most 7. Probably though they will continue to tank and go 5-11. I realize I am going out on a limb here, predicting two more wins this season, but I am the eternal optimist!

NightTerror218
10-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Siemian makes his OL worse. OL is so much better this season..... In ground game. Pass protection not so much. But you figured we are solid on 3 out of 5 positions on line. Coaching did nit help thus line out taking so long to figure out starts so they could gel as unit.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 10:44 AM
A good quarterback helps mask the other offensive problems. Trevor doesn't do that. Like, at all.

That's it. There isn't much more to say. You can debate how we got here, but it doesn't matter, this is where we are. We have a QB roster full of career backups and rookies.

I'm thinking my pre-season prediction of 6-10 may be a bit optimistic now. This team is broken.

tripp
10-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Sounds like from what Mark Schlereth is speculating, that VJ doesn't have complete power of this team. Sounds like Elway has control of whats going on.

IF this is true, I still don't understand why you keep Siemian in, unless you want to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is NOT the future of this team and that he is done as a Broncos starting quarterback.

Slick
10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Sounds like from what Mark Schlereth is speculating, that VJ doesn't have complete power of this team. Sounds like Elway has control of whats going on.

IF this is true, I still don't understand why you keep Siemian in, unless you want to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is NOT the future of this team and that he is done as a Broncos starting quarterback.

Who still has doubts? It's already without a shadow at this point.

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2017, 01:18 PM

That sucks if Elway is just looking for yes people. I'm his biggest fan but player personnel decisions from him is a very good part of the reason we are in this mess. I don't like VJ but let the coach make the on field decisions.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying fire the guy, but he sure as **** is coming off as a clown right now. Make a decision "leader of men". :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 03:56 PM
I'm not saying fire the guy, but he sure as **** is coming off as a clown right now. Make a decision "leader of men". :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's not going to reveal his hand until he has to.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I'm sure the Eagles are pulling their hair out trying to figure out which terrible QB to prepare for. I know you're right, it's just more typical stupid NFL Head Coach stuff. I really think NFL HCs are the most cowardly stuck in their ways people on the planet. They are terrified to make any kind of actual move, except BB and that's why he's the best. Could you imagine if BB had a player playing as bad as some of these clowns on the Broncos right now, they'd be cut let alone benched.

Slick
10-31-2017, 04:02 PM

He probably wants to tell the team first and they're off today.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 04:04 PM

My first question is why the **** are these clowns off? They need as much practice as possible. I know the collective bargaining agreement probably disallows practice on Tuesday after a Monday night game.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Eagles are pulling their hair out trying to figure out which terrible QB to prepare for. I know you're right, it's just more typical stupid NFL Head Coach stuff. I really think NFL HCs are the most cowardly stuck in their ways people on the planet. They are terrified to make any kind of actual move, except BB and that's why he's the best. Could you imagine if BB had a player playing as bad as some of these clowns on the Broncos right now, they'd be cut let alone benched.

I mean, BB is the worst at giving any details at all. Not sure what you're point is.

PS - I've seen the picture of you. Don't hurt me.

NightTrainLayne
10-31-2017, 04:07 PM

And this is exactly how it should be.

We will know tomorrow. Brock will start Sunday.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 04:07 PM
I mean, BB is the worst at giving any details at all. Not sure what you're point is.

PS - I've seen the picture of you. Don't hurt me.
My point is more about sticking with Siemien this long to begin with. Also, if BB had a player playing this bad not only would he not commit to him he'd probably be cut. That's my point.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 04:08 PM
This reminds me so much of how Fox stubbornly stuck with the worst QB to ever don a Broncos uni (Kyle Orton) for so long.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:11 PM
My point is more about sticking with Siemien this long to begin with. Also, if BB had a player playing this bad not only would he not commit to him he'd probably be cut. That's my point.

I don't care how mean you look. Don't F with me, Chazoe. I'll take you out.

:couch:

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't care how mean you look. Don't F with me, Chazoe. I'll take you out.

:couch:

Dinner and a movie?

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:13 PM
Dinner and a movie?

Netflix and chill?

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:14 PM
A nice reminder of our 4-12 season surfaced on Facebook. Wife took this picture during one of our games during that dreadful season.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-31-2017, 04:41 PM
If you're firing Vance, Elway better be shown the door right behind him.

Quickly starting to realize he's one of the most overrated executives in the league. His failures to address the offensive line over the past few years, his obsession of bypassing better options at QB in favor of drafting small time college QBs that never pan out, his horrendous drafting record overall etc etc. If not for Peyton Manning and his ability to attract free agents to Dove Valley, Elway would have been out of a job a long time ago. His hubris is hurting this franchise and I'm glad to see Denver media finally starting to hone in on his numerous shortcomings and hold him accountable for the dumpster fire we've become.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2017, 04:42 PM

Quickly starting to realize he's one of the most overrated executives in the league. His failures to address the offensive line over the past few years, his obsession of bypassing better options at QB in favor of drafting small time college QBs that never pan out, his horrendous drafting record overall etc etc. If not for Peyton Manning and his ability to attract free agents to Dove Valley, Elway would have been out of a job a long time ago. His hubris is hurting this franchise and I'm glad to see Denver media finally starting to hone in on his numerous shortcomings and hold him accountable for the dumpster fire we've become.

Good grief.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 04:49 PM
If his health is ok then I could see him going back to HC next year. VJ is probably going to play out this year....sadly.

Jim Harbaugh???

Will you people just stop! Elway isn't going to fire VJ during the season. That is like firing the Indy pit crew during the middle of a race! No matter how bad they are doing, nothing better will emerge from firing them during the race!

Every coach who isn't already on the roster will be working somewhere else. Elway has to wait at least until seasons' end and then see what the team has done by that point. If nothing changes, then probably he will still keep VJ for one more season. And they will focus on finding a new starting QB who is not on this roster.

If Elway feels the need to fire Joseph, he will appoint one of the veteran former head coaches he has on the roster: McCoy, Bill Musgrave can move up to OC.

But this also is wildly unlikely. Most likely they ignore the fan tumult and stick with VJ for the remainder of the season. Josh McDaniels lost 8 out of 10 games and then lost 9 out of the next 12 and he was only fired in mid-season because he betrayed the organization by trying to cover up Spy-Gate and keep it from Pat Bowlen.

If he had simply shrugged and said "no biggie. We do that all the time in New England" he would have lasted till the end of the year. I just read this week that Bowlen didnt think that Spygate by itself was enough to immediately fire McMoron.

They are not going to fire VJ any time soon unless it appears the team has totally given up, which could happen of course. But, it is still a long shot that they sign a rookie head coach, then fire him in midseason. That just doesnt happen often.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 04:53 PM

Yeah, uh, you might want to start rooting for another team, because Elway just signed a five year deal making him one of the highest paid GMs in football. They would beg him to stay if he wanted to resign. Beg. For a lot of reasons, not least of which is that the ownership doesn't even have a designated replacement for Pat Bowlen yet. The NFL just announced that this off-season. There's nobody effectively in control over in the Bowlen family. They are divided among a few heirs.

And that leaves Elway and his buddy Joe Ellis in charge. But, most to the point, Elway won the SB two years ago. They have a really good roster of talent, just an underperforming team.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 05:23 PM

Considering Elway is either directly or indirectly responsible for every Lombardi Trophy we have ever hosted, I'm going to go ahead and say no. No, he's not on the same footing as Joseph.

UnderArmour
10-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Vance Joseph absolutely should be fired if this team finishes below 7-9 at the end of the season. There is no excuse here, and after the McDaniels debacle the front office should know better than to give a sub par coach an extra year. Vance Joseph should also be thanking his lucky stars this Siemian disaster is taking place in the middle of a 3 game road stretch. If this had been a 3 game home stand, Siemian would have been booed out of the stadium. He has no business as a starting quarterback any longer. He's a great guy, high character, and has shown bits and pieces of being able to compete at an NFL level, but as a consistent starter he is clearly not the answer.

Siemian's ceiling as a quarterback is as a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Kyle Orton type that can run an offense where weapons are on the roster, but he is never going to be the game-breaking, play-making threat that causes the team to win games.

If Vance wants to stay as coach, he should put his chips on an Oz redemption story. Siemian just isn't a playmaker.

dogfish
10-31-2017, 05:45 PM

you can only bluff so much with a nine-high. . .

GEM
10-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Will you people just stop! Elway isn't going to fire VJ during the season. That is like firing the Indy pit crew during the middle of a race! No matter how bad they are doing, nothing better will emerge from firing them during the race!

Every coach who isn't already on the roster will be working somewhere else. Elway has to wait at least until seasons' end and then see what the team has done by that point. If nothing changes, then probably he will still keep VJ for one more season. And they will focus on finding a new starting QB who is not on this roster.

If Elway feels the need to fire Joseph, he will appoint one of the veteran former head coaches he has on the roster: McCoy, Bill Musgrave can move up to OC.

But this also is wildly unlikely. Most likely they ignore the fan tumult and stick with VJ for the remainder of the season. Josh McDaniels lost 8 out of 10 games and then lost 9 out of the next 12 and he was only fired in mid-season because he betrayed the organization by trying to cover up Spy-Gate and keep it from Pat Bowlen.

If he had simply shrugged and said "no biggie. We do that all the time in New England" he would have lasted till the end of the year. I just read this week that Bowlen didnt think that Spygate by itself was enough to immediately fire McMoron.

They are not going to fire VJ any time soon unless it appears the team has totally given up, which could happen of course. But, it is still a long shot that they sign a rookie head coach, then fire him in midseason. That just doesnt happen often.

Cug....I didn't get past your first sentence because it came off so god damn condescending that I didn't bother wasting my time. FFS. Don't be a dick.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-31-2017, 05:57 PM
Good grief.

Indeed.

Yeah, uh, you might want to start rooting for another team, because Elway just signed a five year deal making him one of the highest paid GMs in football. They would beg him to stay if he wanted to resign. Beg. For a lot of reasons, not least of which is that the ownership doesn't even have a designated replacement for Pat Bowlen yet. The NFL just announced that this off-season. There's nobody effectively in control over in the Bowlen family. They are divided among a few heirs.

And that leaves Elway and his buddy Joe Ellis in charge. But, most to the point, Elway won the SB two years ago. They have a really good roster of talent, just an underperforming team.

I'm well aware that Elway just signed his extension and that Mr B's trust serving as a vehicle makes the future of the Broncos ownership somewhat convoluted and uncertain at this time. This isn't exactly foreign to professional sports teams.

Why, exactly, would I stop cheering for a franchise I've religiously followed for 20+ years, though? That doesn't make any sense. In fact, it'd be as ridiculous as fans who burn merchandise and cancel their season tickets over seeing players taking a knee. There are aspects of Elway as a GM that I think he excels at better than anyone in the league but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the part he's played in this team's current struggles. Nor am I going to discount the fact that if it weren't for Peyton Manning becoming a Denver Bronco, his body of work would be viewed in a much less favorable light. I get it, Elway is a legend and has done innumerable things for the Broncos and I'll be forever grateful for the central role he's played in bringing World Championships to Denver, but the guy is not a deity or beyond reproach.

While we have a roster stacked with talent, the deficiencies of the offensive line, poor track record of drafting offensive talent and drawing up a succession plan after Peyton Manning's retirement has been a complete and abject failure on John Elway's part. I'm sorry but if you can't acknowledge that, I really don't know what else there is to say. What I do know is that if I were a defensive player in our lockeroom, I'd be beyond livid at knowing that unless, as a unit, they give up less than 20 points per game, the chance of winning is zilch because the offense just isn't built to win in modern day NFL. This has been the story for 3 years running. If it weren't for Kubes performing magic in 2015, we would've wasted the entirety of Peyton's time here with nothing concrete to show for it. I don't often agree with Kiszla, but he's right. John Elway made this mess and he's shown no inclination of wanting to try and fix it. Menelik Watson, seriously? Brock Osweiler as a 3rd option? C'mon man. That is just embarrassing. How many chances does he need?

Considering Elway is either directly or indirectly responsible for every Lombardi Trophy we have ever hosted, I'm going to go ahead and say no. No, he's not on the same footing as Joseph.

I didn't say he was comparable to Joseph in terms of his value or contributions to the franchise. I'm taking into account where the team is at today and who is responsible for the deficiencies that are causing us to tailspin towards a 6-10 season, at best.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-31-2017, 06:00 PM
I knew that not kneeling in front of Elway and performing fellatio would be met with ire and disdain here but this is hardly a position only I subscribe to.

Like I said, glad that Denver media and Broncos fans in Colorado aren't giving him a pass like some are eagerly willing to do. The more our offense continues to piss away a Super Bowl caliber defense this season, the louder the complaints will get. Maybe it will force Elway to finally get it right on his 4th or 5th go around this off season. He certainly can't do any worse.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 06:07 PM
I knew that not kneeling in front of Elway and performing fellatio would be met with ire and disdain here but this is hardly a position only I subscribe to.

Like I said, glad that Denver media and Broncos fans in Colorado aren't giving him a pass like some are eagerly willing to do. The more our offense continues to piss away a Super Bowl caliber defense this season, the louder the complaints will get. Maybe it will force Elway to finally get it right on his 4th or 5th go around this off season. He certainly can't do any worse.

You get as many passes as you have superbowl wins accredited to you. So that leaves several for Elway and 0 for Joseph.

It's not hard to understand, and no one cares who you blow.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-31-2017, 06:12 PM
You get as many passes as you have superbowl wins accredited to you. So that leaves several for Elway and 0 for Joseph.

It's not hard to understand, and no one cares who you blow.

Well I suppose if you look at things without any context...

Does Elway bear any responsibility for hiring Joseph over more desirable options that were out there or are you going to blame that on Thunder instead so the unimpeachable version of Elway still exists as a figment of your imagination, way?

spikerman
10-31-2017, 06:14 PM
It is WAY too early to pass judgement on Vance Joseph. Let’s all take a breath.

DenBronx
10-31-2017, 06:19 PM
It is WAY too early to pass judgement on Vance Joseph. Let’s all take a breath.

Is it really though? If we can pass judgement on players then why not coaches?

spikerman
10-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Is it really though? If we can pass judgement on players then why not coaches?

Which players? Siemian? He’s had two years to improve, VJ has coached eight games. Big difference.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 06:29 PM
Well I suppose if you look at things without any context...

Does Elway bear any responsibility for hiring Joseph over more desirable options that were out there or are you going to blame that on Thunder instead so the unimpeachable version of Elway still exists as a figment of your imagination, way?

I'd blame it on Elway, and watch as a new HC comes in and Elway stays right where he is. He gets the blame, and he also gets another toss of the dice. Nobody's perfect, but when you have a proven track record of success, it's easier to forgive mistakes. You saying Elway should be out the door with Joseph makes Joseph and Elway equally as expendable. They aren't. It's just that simple, and nothing to do pedestal placement.

aberdien
10-31-2017, 06:43 PM
I want whatever drugs Shazam has

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 08:26 PM

What do you mean? How did he throw shade?

aberdien
10-31-2017, 08:30 PM
We can judge VJ all we want and that's fine, but the fact is he hasn't had enough time to make this team his own really yet. Those who have been here longer than 8 games and are sucking it up deserve the most criticism.

That being said, VJ has not done much at all to inspire optimism about his tenure.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 08:47 PM

Cug....I didn't get past your first sentence because it came off so god damn condescending that I didn't bother wasting my time. FFS. Don't be a dick.

What the hell? I was responding to the posts saying Elway should be fired. It had nothing about you, since you never said anything like that.

Cugel
10-31-2017, 08:49 PM
We can judge VJ all we want and that's fine, but the fact is he hasn't had enough time to make this team his own really yet. Those who have been here longer than 8 games and are sucking it up deserve the most criticism.

That being said, VJ has not done much at all to inspire optimism about his tenure.

He is in danger of losing the confidence of the players. And if that happens, the defense will all want out of Denver. And some of them will get it. And that will be the end of the SB defense, and any dream of a SB for the next five years in all likelihood.

aberdien
10-31-2017, 09:01 PM
You are correct, and that is what will probably end up happening.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 09:14 PM
Joseph is quoted as saying "anything is possible" when asked about the QB after the game. That's a change from his "Trevor is our guy" stuff. He's going to make a change. The question is whether he starts Oz or just waits until Lynch is ready in a week or two and goes right to him.

I’m not sure Lynch will be ready in a year, let alone in two weeks after just starting to throw again

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2017, 09:24 PM
A nice reminder of our 4-12 season surfaced on Facebook. Wife took this picture during one of our games during that dreadful season.

The beer and remote are inches apart :lol:

GEM
10-31-2017, 10:19 PM
What the hell? I was responding to the posts saying Elway should be fired. It had nothing about you, since you never said anything like that.

Saying "you people" is just freaking rude. When you start a post like that, people just don't bother to read the rest because you've already pissed them off.

chazoe60
10-31-2017, 10:23 PM
Saying "you people" is just freaking rude. When you start a post like that, people just don't bother to read the rest because you've already pissed them off.

I don't think I've ever read an entire Cugel post.

dogfish
10-31-2017, 10:23 PM
The beer and remote are inches apart :lol:

is that not how it's done at your house?

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 11:34 PM
This reminds me so much of how Fox stubbornly stuck with the worst QB to ever don a Broncos uni (Kyle Orton) for so long.

You spelled Tim Tebow’s name wrong, after everything he’s done for you? Smdh

BroncoTech
11-01-2017, 12:36 AM

He absolutey has no confidence and is probably playing through injury which he doesn't do well. They mentioned as much in the pregame summary but no details. He was getting time last night 80% 4 seconds and as high as 6 seconds but he holds the ball too long. He's spraying the ball and he has normal accuracy the first few games. So yes, he's damaged goods. Brock is much the same, holds the ball too long. Is a retread prone to getting blown out. Paxton is a bust. He's no better today that his first day in the league.

Can Von throw?

BroncoTech
11-01-2017, 12:46 AM
And this is exactly how it should be.

We will know tomorrow. Brock will start Sunday.

Wouldn't that be great if Brock has a 3 interception game like he performed for the Houston crowd? 6 interceptions in 2 games, we'll be the champions (of interceptions).

BeefStew25
11-01-2017, 08:14 PM
You spelled Tim Tebow’s name wrong, after everything he’s done for you? Smdh

He beat the Steelers.

MOtorboat
11-01-2017, 08:17 PM
#neverforget

Timmy!
11-01-2017, 08:19 PM
He beat the Steelers.

DT says we are welcome.

Simple Jaded
11-01-2017, 10:01 PM
He beat the Steelers.

He was playing possum.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Is Rick Dennison still Houston's Offensive coordinator?

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Buffalo

MOtorboat
Lol, Rick Dennison?

I mean, it's bad, but that's laugh out loud funny.

Simple Jaded

Buffalo, you know he was here for two years and B-more one year since his Texans days, I hope?

Simple Jaded
11-05-2017, 03:56 PM
I wonder what Jim Fassel is up to.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 04:23 PM
14 penalties in a game means it's not a coaching issue.

GEM
11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
My foot is on this bus. Perhaps, the good ole boys need to look outside the good ole boys club.

chazoe60
11-05-2017, 04:27 PM
He is pretty terrible.

wayninja
11-05-2017, 04:42 PM
My foot is on this bus?

Is that a saying?

Dreadnought
11-05-2017, 04:50 PM
My foot is on this bus?

Is that a saying?

It is now

wayninja
11-05-2017, 04:51 PM
My foot is all in the bus.

VonDoom

I would argue the opposite. Sloppy play starts with preparation

Hawgdriver
My foot is beside and about the bus.

NightTrainLayne
11-05-2017, 04:52 PM

SMH.

A lack of penalties called against a team is a hallmark of good coaching. I presume you were being sarcastic?

GEM
11-05-2017, 04:53 PM
My foot is beside and about the bus.

Your foot is under the bus!

GEM
11-05-2017, 04:54 PM
What i mean is i am not quite there, but I'm getting there. Sheesh.

wayninja
11-05-2017, 04:55 PM
I can get a foot on the bus with that.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:06 PM
I would argue the opposite. Sloppy play starts with preparation

Sorry, sarcasm. I believe penalties can be reduced by instilling a culture of discipline and accountability.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:07 PM
SMH.

A lack of penalties called against a team is a hallmark of good coaching. I presume you were being sarcastic?

Yes, I assumed it was so commonly understood as a coaching/culture issue that I could let loose with the sarc.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Yes, I assumed it was so commonly understood as a coaching/culture issue that I could let loose with the sarc.

And now let loose with the sass

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Whatever bus Gem is on I want to be close behind.

Shazam!
11-05-2017, 05:17 PM
His presser. Again. "We had a good week of practice."

He wasnt ready, John Elway.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Whatever bus Gem is on I want to be close behind.

Stalker alert.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:19 PM
And now let loose with the sass

Wasn't meant that way, you sassy bitch.

slim
11-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Hawg, you are taking a beating in here

wayninja
11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Hawg is playing possum

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Hawg, you are taking a beating in here

Time to rake some leaves then.

slim
11-05-2017, 05:25 PM

Disagree

wayninja
11-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Thanks for reminding me. I'm about 90% done for the season though. A nice day to finish it off.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Disagree

I don't have enough beer in me for this right now slim. You are going to have to just ead on your own buddy. Those leaves are calling out to me like a VJ presser calls out to jigsaw puzzles everywhere.

slim
11-05-2017, 05:29 PM
I don't have enough beer in me for this right now slim. You are going to have to just ead on your own buddy. Those leaves are calling out to me like a VJ presser calls out to jigsaw puzzles everywhere.

Sounds like you need more beer.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you need more beer.

Always.

VonDoom
11-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Sorry, sarcasm. I believe penalties can be reduced by instilling a culture of discipline and accountability.

Sorry I misread you there. My sarcasm meter wasn't registering

Hawgdriver
11-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Sorry I misread you there. My sarcasm meter wasn't registering

That's on me. I had a good week of practice, but I need to self-evaluate now.

slim
11-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Lead of men!

Nomad
11-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Always.

I was gonna have the wife go get me a beer, but it's already 15:30, so I'm thinking of taking a nap.

slim
11-05-2017, 07:34 PM
i was gonna have the wife go get me a beer, but it's already 15:30, so i'm thinking of taking a nap.

wtf?

weazel
11-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Hire Vance Johnson

wayninja
11-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Ricky Nattiel- OC
Mark Jackson - DC

Make it happen, 7.

#championship

NightTerror218
11-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Ricky Nattiel- OC
Mark Jackson - DC

Make it happen, 7.

#championship

I would be happy with Musgrave as OC and McCoy walking. McCoy never did anything. Peyton told him the offense to run.

broncofaninfla
11-08-2017, 10:21 AM
The mental mistakes, the lack of execution, the lack of passion, lack of mid game adjustments.......this is on coaching. VJ clearly isn't the guy to turn this around.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:23 AM
What i mean is i am not quite there, but I'm getting there. Sheesh.

The question is not whether VJ has been a disappointment, the question is whether firing him would help. And the answer is no. This season is already irretrievably lost at 3-6 after the Pats game. So, what would be the point?

Elway is almost certainly going to give VJ another chance next year. Of course, if it doesn't go well next season . . . .

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:24 AM
The mental mistakes, the lack of execution, the lack of passion, lack of mid game adjustments.......this is on coaching. VJ clearly isn't the guy to turn this around.

They got totally outcoached by the Eagles. On both sides of the ball. That can't be denied. But, will firing him help anything? No.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Clearly you need to post better. Having a great week of practice is not enough!

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 02:00 PM
If he doesn't win 6 games I would fire him.

2 reasons. One he had a game where we scored 0 points (hasn't happened to us since 1992 when we lost to the Eagles 30-0). Two he gave up 51 against Philly (we haven't given up 50 points since we McDaniels lost 59-14 to the Raiders in 2010).

That puts him in terrible company. He has possibly had the team quit on him or he just hasn't made the adjustments in the coaching staff to be competitive. Sometimes it just makes sense to cut your loses early.

Valar Morghulis
11-08-2017, 02:10 PM
I have done no research on this.... What was hoodie first season in NE like? And had he just been fired from the Browns in his first head coaching gig?

slim
11-08-2017, 02:30 PM
I have done no research on this.... What was hoodie first season in NE like? And had he just been fired from the Browns in his first head coaching gig?

I think he went back to NY as DC after the Browns fired him. Not sure for how long.

Hawgdriver
11-08-2017, 02:33 PM
NFL head coaches with most wins, modern

First year HC, age, record

Belichek, 39, 6-10
Shula, 33, 8-6
Landry, 36, 0-11-1
Schottenheimer, 41, 4-4 then 8-8
Chuck Noll, 39, 1-13
Reeves, 37, 10-6
Chuck Knox, 41, 12-2
Andy Reid, 41, 5-11
Jeff Fisher, 36, 1-5 then 7-9
Parcells, 42, 3-12-1
Coughlin, 49, 4-12
Shanahan, 36, 7-9
Holmgren, 44, 9-7

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Hoodie was the Giants DC for like 5 years before he went to the Browns as HC and won 2 SB with the Giants. Coached for 4 years as the Browns HC and was 36-44 with one playoff trip. His last year he was fired after going 5-11. Went 5-11 his first year with the Patriots.

He had an established run as a good assistant under Parcells and had been a head coach so I can see why the Patriots gave him some time.

If we had hired McCoy then it would make sense to give him a couple of years do to his history, but I just can't see it with VJ.

slim
11-08-2017, 02:35 PM
I thought Shanny went 8-8 his first year?

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Something else to think about. How many of those coaches took over a losing team? VJ took over a 9-7 team.

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Went back to Parcells, first at NE and then with the Jets.

Cugel
11-08-2017, 03:37 PM
If he doesn't win 6 games I would fire him.

2 reasons. One he had a game where we scored 0 points (hasn't happened to us since 1992 when we lost to the Eagles 30-0). Two he gave up 51 against Philly (we haven't given up 50 points since we McDaniels lost 59-14 to the Raiders in 2010).

That puts him in terrible company. He has possibly had the team quit on him or he just hasn't made the adjustments in the coaching staff to be competitive. Sometimes it just makes sense to cut your loses early.

At least you are talking about firing Joseph after the season rather than during it. I can see that happening if the team totally quit on VJ and they don't win another game or perhaps 1 game the last 8.

But, realistically, tanking this season is the only way forward for the future. They need a franchise QB desperately, and not some guy who projects as a late 1st or high 2nd round pick. No projects. They need a bona-fide blue chip top flight prospect who can step in first season and not totally suck.

Kind of the anti-Paxton if you will.

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 03:40 PM
At least you are talking about firing Joseph after the season rather than during it. I can see that happening if the team totally quit on VJ and they don't win another game or perhaps 1 game the last 8.

But, realistically, tanking this season is the only way forward for the future. They need a franchise QB desperately, and not some guy who projects as a late 1st or high 2nd round pick. No projects. They need a bona-fide blue chip top flight prospect who can step in first season and not totally suck.

Kind of the anti-Paxton if you will.

Yea, after the season. If he and Elway made a deal to tank, like start playing Lynch the last 6 games, then maybe bring him back. If they are trying and they go 2-6 the last 8 games or 0-8, he isn't going to help with the rebuild.

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 03:42 PM
So what if we are a top 10 draft pick, but like 8 or 9 and don't get a chance at the top 3 or 4 QB's. Then what? Best LT and move Bowles to RT?

VonDoom
11-08-2017, 03:52 PM
So what if we are a top 10 draft pick, but like 8 or 9 and don't get a chance at the top 3 or 4 QB's. Then what? Best LT and move Bowles to RT?

Depends on if they have one guy they love at QB and if he'll be there. If we have a top ten pick, we can pay huge to move up (like the Eagles did for Wentz, for example). If we like the 3rd QB, whoever that is, he's probably going to be there at 10. The third QB didn't come off the board until pick 12 last year. It was pick 26 the year before (Lynch!) and pick 75 the year before that. I still think that should be our primary focus, but like I said, I don't know who they would be interested in by that point.

slim
11-08-2017, 04:50 PM

If you are that close, move up to get your guy.

BigDaddyBronco
11-08-2017, 04:53 PM
If you are that close, move up to get your guy.

I don't know if any of these guys are our guy. Hopefully we can get a decent starter out of the draft, I have a feeling we'll **** it up.

Tbolt
11-08-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm fine giving VaJ the remainder of the season, but I don't expect much will come of it. He can't coach. As the DC of the 29th ranked Defense, I thought that would have been obvious. This is a mistake that should not be repeated.

I have no ill will towards VaJ, he's a CU guy, but he never should have gotten the job, and Elway continues to get infatuations with people that suck at what they do.

aberdien
11-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Hire Vance Johnson

Hire Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Cugel
11-08-2017, 08:38 PM

If they are #8, I've already pointed out that they could afford to move up by trading their first two picks. Which they would in order to get an elite QB prospect who could be the next Carson Wentz, or Jared Goff.

If they are unable to move up and get a QB they love, then an interior pass-rusher would be the next need, to replace the loss of Malik Jackson who is still missed, but they would have to take whatever elite player falls to them. The salary a top 10 draft pick gets makes it imperative to draft a elite talent. Otherwise you are overpaying "just a guy".

Shazam!
11-12-2017, 10:52 PM
I swear its like watching an accident.

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Special teams is ******* awesome. You worthless mother******s. I swear to god

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Fire these mother******s now. Im done

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 10:58 PM
There is no coming back from that.

Im boycott mode until this ****ers are fired

VonDoom
11-12-2017, 11:05 PM
It's not just that we're losing every week, it's the way we're losing. Not competitive in any game and being run off the field by the end of the first quarter.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2017, 11:09 PM

Broncos are one Sam Bradford from being great again, hang in there Broncos fans (except you Shane).

VonDoom
11-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Honestly, Elway has to take a hard look at himself in the mirror. Manning was a major success, but it's looking more and more like he was the reason for the success and not Elway. Our draft history under Elway has been bad (I'm not sure we've gotten one skill position player worth a damn in any draft since he's been here), he's tried to cheap out and been burned (everything from not getting a legit RT to letting Wade leave) and he's hired a guy who has no resume because he's allegedly good with the players, when it seems like he's lost the locker room. Burn down the entire coaching staff and scouting department and see if you can figure out what you're doing wrong. Or do the Costanza, and just do the opposite of your every instinct.

Shazam!
11-12-2017, 11:17 PM

Broncos are one Sam Bradford from being great again, hang in there Broncos fans (except you Shane).

Sam Bradford? Really.

VonDoom
11-12-2017, 11:20 PM

What would you do for the other twelve games that Bradford was hurt?

spikerman
11-12-2017, 11:22 PM

Does he play defense?

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Its so abundantly clear, that VJ and his staff are the biggest problem with this team.

Shazam!
11-12-2017, 11:31 PM
He should resign tonight or tomorrow morning if Elway doesn't fire him.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Does he play defense?

Ok, Sam Bradford AND Ezekiel Ansah.

wayninja
11-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Coaching staff should be fired before the end of this sentence.

Shazam!
11-12-2017, 11:37 PM
I can't wait to see him befuddled at the post game press conference. Again.

Hawgdriver
11-12-2017, 11:39 PM
What would you do for the sixteen games that Bradford was hurt?

Saw a typo.

Hawgdriver
11-12-2017, 11:40 PM
If healthy, Bradford is a no-brainer FA target. His knee is just too much though. Body not designed for NFL abuse.

Shazam!
11-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Broncos need to go young at QB not bring in a guy like Bradford who can't make it. Backup at best.

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 11:48 PM
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/929922054345908224

ShaneFalco
11-12-2017, 11:51 PM
VJ leaving Dove Valley tomorrow

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2b4a71a3a112399ffb0a8a1f94f3fbe3/tenor.gif

Magnificent Seven
11-13-2017, 12:41 AM

Tbolt
11-13-2017, 01:18 AM
The NFL is such a parity league, which is why a great QB is worth the franchise and bad coaches = your team will suck.

This team has zero confidence/swagger. Leader of men has led them to this. Add to the fact we have a stable of middling QB’s, and it’s a recipe for losing. The constant blowouts though are just really poor coaching.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 02:15 AM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/929934001942474752

chazoe60
11-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Vance Joseph is awful. Fire him and promote Studesville. Let Studs have a 7 game job interview. I know this won't happen because Elway is not going to admit this mistake for probably at least 2 seasons let alone 9 games but man I would be super happy if it happened.

The problem is that our GM probably needs to go also, but that ain't happening. I know that's sacrilegious to say but most GMs don't get away with drafting that bad for that long. I heard in the radio last week that we're one of 2 teams, the Browns being the other, that haven't drafted a probowler since 2012. I think that was the stat.

This franchise needs a cleansing.

Rick
11-13-2017, 08:55 AM
VJ and his loyalty to players because it's their job thing... It's going to cost him his job...

chazoe60
11-13-2017, 08:56 AM
VJ and his loyalty to players because it's their job thing... It's going to cost him his job...

Let's hope.

chazoe60
11-13-2017, 09:17 AM
There should be a Vance Joseph press conference drijnking game. Take a drink every time VJ says "we had a great week of practice" or "we're a good football team"

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 12:32 PM
The NFL stands for Not For Long and Any Given Sunday

Hawgdriver
11-13-2017, 12:52 PM
The NFL stands for Not For Long and Any Given Sunday

While the NFL is standing the Broncos are laying down.

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 12:53 PM
I’m so intrigued how the rest of this season and offseason is going to go down. Does Vance last the season? Will Lynch play? Is this Talib’s last year? Stay tuned!!!!

Hawgdriver
11-13-2017, 12:55 PM
I’m so intrigued how the rest of this season and offseason is going to go down. Does Vance last the season? Will Lynch play? Is this Talib’s last year? Stay tuned!!!!

I think what's missing is the coaching staff needs to give Experience Surveys to the players. After games and especially after practices.

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 01:00 PM
I think what's missing is the coaching staff needs to give Experience Surveys to the players. After games and especially after practices.

Right now I wish I was the owner. I’d get a Mark Davis bowl cut and hire Mo as my GM and have hm climb a step stool to the podium for press conferences..

Slick
11-13-2017, 03:13 PM

No doubt. I was thinking a lot along the same lines.

I think Vance makes it to the finish line unless we get more teams hanging 40 or 50 on Denver.

I hope Lynch plays. It's really the only reason to watch at this point. Like most here, I don't think he's going to make it but I am rooting for him. He's got a great arm and he's more mobile than a lot of QBs in this league. You never know, maybe he starts to get it after a few games. I think his main problem is being a dummy, but there have been dummies in this league who have succeeded.

I think Talib is done in Denver and I'm going to be crushed. He's still a great player and I love his attitude but the way this season has gone, I'm afraid he's going to show his ass really bad at some point.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Right now I wish I was the owner. I’d get a Mark Davis bowl cut and hire Mo as my GM and have hm climb a step stool to the podium for press conferences..

"Although executive pay isn’t made public, Baltimore’s Ozzie Newsome was said to be the highest-paid GM, with an annual salary of $3.75 million per year. Seattle’s John Schneider reupped last year and was given a salary reported to “approach” top pay.

Terms of Elway’s contract were not immediately known, but he is fully expected to top all."

They are paying Elway somewhere north of $4 million a year, 5 years. And, unlike all player contracts, the entire 5-year deal is fully guaranteed. $20 M. So, Elway is going nowhere.

Elway is going nowhere because there's not even an Owner who could fire him. Technically, Joe Ellis could fire him on behalf of the Bowlen family, but the Broncos ownership group has not officially designated anyone to take over for Pat Bowlen who has Alzheimers. That leaves Elway and Joe Ellis in practical control. Elway might resign at some point, but he's not getting fired 2 seasons after winning the SB and the season after signing a big new 5 year deal.

So, we can blame Elway for all the crappy personnel decisions he's made, but he is a fixture in Denver who will be here long after Vance Joseph has gone.

tripp
11-13-2017, 03:28 PM
They are paying Elway somewhere north of $4 million a year, 5 years. And, unlike all player contracts, the entire 5-year deal is fully guaranteed. $20 M. So, Elway is going nowhere.

Elway is going nowhere because there's not even an Owner who could fire him. Technically, Joe Ellis could fire him on behalf of the Bowlen family, but the Broncos ownership group has not officially designated anyone to take over for Pat Bowlen who has Alzheimers. That leaves Elway and Joe Ellis in practical control. Elway might resign at some point, but he's not getting fired 2 seasons after winning the SB and the season after signing a big new 5 year deal.

So, we can blame Elway for all the crappy personnel decisions he's made, but he is a fixture in Denver who will be here long after Vance Joseph has gone.

We're not seriously there yet are we? As you said, won the SB 2 years ago, and to be fair, he's given us great years as the VP. Like Derek Wolfe said, they're not used to losing.

He could be better at drafting, but that's not entirely on him.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 03:30 PM
No doubt. I was thinking a lot along the same lines.

I think Vance makes it to the finish line unless we get more teams hanging 40 or 50 on Denver.

I hope Lynch plays. It's really the only reason to watch at this point. Like most here, I don't think he's going to make it but I am rooting for him. He's got a great arm and he's more mobile than a lot of QBs in this league. You never know, maybe he starts to get it after a few games. I think his main problem is being a dummy, but there have been dummies in this league who have succeeded.

I think Talib is done in Denver and I'm going to be crushed. He's still a great player and I love his attitude but the way this season has gone, I'm afraid he's going to show his ass really bad at some point.

As for Talib, he's under contract through 2019 for $12M this year and next. That is what he's worth if you have a pass-rush. This year they don't so teams don't have to throw at Talib much. The only reason to release him next year is to dump $11m off the salary cap. But, Kayvon Webster was supposed to be the CB they drafted to replace their #3 CB when Roby moved up to #2. Only, he's now with the Rams.

There is no way VJ can just roll through the season with Osweiler while the team gets blown out every game by 25 points. After next game they will be eliminated from playoff contention because that will be their 7th loss, and 6th in a row.

That will be plenty of time to see how utterly worthless Paxton Lynch is. There's no point in putting him in with the hope he will be good. The only point in playing him will be to prove what every fan knows, that he's utter garbage and that Trevor Siemian, as horrible as he is, is the best QB on the roster.

"Trevor is far and away the best QB on the roster." -- Brandon Stokely.

That means that they are all worthless of course. But, we have to put Paxton in there and let him fail and prove it. But, 6 games will be plenty of time to see that. In fact, I'd say 1/2 is enough time. But, we'll have to get more than that.

When the team is 3-7 will be the right time to make a lot of changes.

I also don't think it's worth bothering to fire Brock Olivo. Yes, special teams were manned by "Special Olympics" athletes. But, this season was done after the KC loss. If Vance wants to stick by his coaches, fine. Wait until the season's end.

And use that decision as one more reason to fire VJ at the end of the season.

It's not as if anything they do to fire the Special Teams coach is going to win any games.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
We're not seriously there yet are we? As you said, won the SB 2 years ago, and to be fair, he's given us great years as the VP. Like Derek Wolfe said, they're not used to losing.

He could be better at drafting, but that's not entirely on him.

Of course Tripp, nobody is firing Elway, especially not 2 seasons removed from winning the SB. I merely posted in response to the fans calling for Elway to be fired.

I think he has a lot to answer for in terms of garbage drafting: Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Montee Ball, Sylvester Williams, Brock Osweiler, Cody Latimer, Ty Sambrailo. Those were all 1st or 2nd round picks under Elway and every one of them was a total bust. Most are not even on the team now, and Ball is out of football altogether after only 2 seasons in the NFL.

Elway hasn't drafted a pro-bowl player outside of Von Miller.

But, of course you have to start somewhere. There has to be some kind of fixture on this team. He might make some mistakes, but unless the team is equally bad in 2018 as they are now, and Elway still hasn't found a decent QB, then no, he should stay of course.

NightTerror218
11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Biggest issue with this organization has been player development. Bolles and Miller are only 1around pucks to ever start. Roby ray and sly took 2 years to start and in robys case nickel corner.

Elway does a great job getting vets but not all are great and coaches always give vet the go ahead. Part of it is crappy picks as well or development picks when your coaches suck at developing.

NightTrainLayne
11-13-2017, 05:08 PM
Biggest issue with this organization has been player development. Bolles and Miller are only 1around pucks to ever start. Roby ray and sly took 2 years to start and in robys case nickel corner.

Elway does a great job getting vets but not all are great and coaches always give vet the go ahead. Part of it is crappy picks as well or development picks when your coaches suck at developing.

Mitigating (or complicating?) factors:

1. When you have a great team, it's hard for rookies to start. .. .that's axiomatic. Great teams (like SuperBowl winning teams) already have great players in a lot of positions.

2. Switching coaching staffs every 2-4 seasons kills development. New coaches, new schemes, shifting player preferences.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Elway fired Fox for losing the SB.

VJ should have been fired for losing the Giants game.

BigDaddyBronco
11-13-2017, 05:13 PM

No Elway fired Fox the year after the SB loss after they lost the playoff game to the Colts. The team didn't look ready to take on the Colts and looked uninspired.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 06:04 PM
"He's our guy. He's our coach. He's not going anywhere. He is very intelligent"

Next question from media: "Why keep McKenzie in when it's obvious he is struggling with the PR game"

"He's our guy. He's our return guy. He's not going anywhere".

Shazam!
11-13-2017, 06:46 PM

No Elway fired Fox the year after the SB loss after they lost the playoff game to the Colts. The team didn't look ready to take on the Colts and looked uninspired.

I think the seeds were laid for that after the Super Bowl though to be honest. Their relationship was all roses up until then.

spikerman
11-13-2017, 07:52 PM
I hate to be a Debbie downer but I don’t think Joseph is going anywhere.

Cugel
11-13-2017, 08:05 PM
I hate to be a Debbie downer but I don’t think Joseph is going anywhere.

Certainly not during the season. What would be the point in that? The season is already lost anyway, so why fire the head coach at this point, unless you have a situation like on the Giants where they just have no choice because the players are publicly leaking to the media that the team has given up on him.

Let VJ take the blame for this season. Then let Elway dump him during the off-season. But to hire a new head coach and then fire him after 1/2 a season? That just looks like an unprofessional organization. NOBODY does that.

But, if the team goes 4-12? All bets are off. VJ could be fired and will certainly be on the hot seat for next season.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 08:23 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l2QE6cjZFll4o7XHy/giphy.gif

spikerman
11-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Certainly not during the season. What would be the point in that? The season is already lost anyway, so why fire the head coach at this point, unless you have a situation like on the Giants where they just have no choice because the players are publicly leaking to the media that the team has given up on him.

Let VJ take the blame for this season. Then let Elway dump him during the off-season. But to hire a new head coach and then fire him after 1/2 a season? That just looks like an unprofessional organization. NOBODY does that.

But, if the team goes 4-12? All bets are off. VJ could be fired and will certainly be on the hot seat for next season.
I just have a feeling he’ll be back next year no matter what.

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 08:39 PM

He is great at selling timeshares

Pudge
11-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I just have a feeling he'll be back next year no matter what.

I really hope not. A championship team to this in two years is discouraging

VonDoom
11-13-2017, 10:16 PM

I could see it, though I'd be pretty annoyed. Not sure Elway wants to give up on his hand picked guy after one year but we shall see

ShaneFalco
11-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Without him we wouldnt have sergio dipp.

dogfish
11-13-2017, 11:41 PM

i think he'll almost certainly get a second year-- although he absolutely won't get more than that if he can't get this thing turned around. . . i just hope he's learning lessons that will help him do that. . . because right now he looks paralyzed by fear and indecision, and you can't coach scared in this league. . . i don't blame him for having a slow trigger on the QB change, i think that's the right way to do it. . . but the longer he continues allowing olivo and mckenzie to give games away, the more clear it becomes that he really has no plan. . . there's confidence, and then there's stubborn stupidity. . . or maybe just a lack of a backup plan, but either way it's not a good look. . . for his own sake, dude needs to wake up and realize that he's in the process of blowing the best opportunity he'll probably ever get. . . if the rest of his tenure here goes the way it has been, i'm not sure anyone will even want him as a coordinator-- it's not like he did some bang-up job at it in his brief stint in miami. . . get yourself together, vance!

DT88TheGreat
11-13-2017, 11:53 PM
I really hope not. A championship team to this in two years is discouraging

The championship we won was one of a kind and cannot be duplicated ever again. It's not like we were on the road to being a.dynasty or contenders with how we won our chip.... Poorest offense in the league and defense had one of the all time greatest runs ever..... Nope could not be duplicated. So it's back to the drawing board, the beauty of it is we're not far off, defense will be re tooled and refreshed, offense needs one more tackle, a good quarterback and a legitimate tight end.

ShaneFalco
11-14-2017, 04:38 PM
https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/930145377612738560

wayninja
11-14-2017, 05:16 PM
So we went from no pash rush and can't cover a TE/RB, to no pass rush and can't cover a TE/RB?

NightTrainLayne
11-14-2017, 05:53 PM
https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/930145377612738560

If that's the case, this coaching staff is totally over-thinking things.

slim
11-14-2017, 05:58 PM
If that's the case, this coaching staff is totally over-thinking things.

Maybe they will move Von to MLB.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 06:25 PM

That smacks of halfassery. Safety.

But I want him clotheslining mfers back there.

VonDoom
11-14-2017, 10:20 PM
We got sold a bill of goods on Joe Woods too. Good thing we kept him so no one else could have him! We’re 31st in the league in takeaways right now. The Rams are number one. Who’s their DC again?

Davii
11-14-2017, 10:32 PM
That smacks of halfassery. Safety.

But I want him clotheslining mfers back there.

I'd love to see a good suplex or cross-body block, superfly snuka style.

GEM
11-14-2017, 10:38 PM

Ok, jrwiz! :lol:

MOtorboat
11-15-2017, 12:41 AM

*Joel

GEM
11-15-2017, 08:01 AM
*Joel

Jrwiz was the first to bring that up long before Joel. :)

MNPatsFan
11-15-2017, 09:05 AM
Although I'd be surprised if Elway fired VJ during the season, I would think he might require VJ to fire your special teams coach. I was amazed that your KR kept attempting to run the ball out from the end zone. I believe there was a brief period where the KR took a knee (I actually think it might have been a different person), but then a few kicks later the KR started running the ball out of the end zone again. Not even going the address the KR for the TD or the blocked punt.

I want to salute you guys for how well you take and handle the train wreck that your special teams have become because I would not be joking or laughing about it while watching it happen!:salute::salute::salute:

BigDaddyBronco
11-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Although I'd be surprised if Elway fired VJ during the season, I would think he might require VJ to fire your special teams coach. I was amazed that your KR kept attempting to run the ball out from the end zone. I believe there was a brief period where the KR took a knee (I actually think it might have been a different person), but then a few kicks later the KR started running the ball out of the end zone again. Not even going the address the KR for the TD or the blocked punt.

I want to salute you guys for how well you take and handle the train wreck that your special teams have become because I would not be joking or laughing about it while watching it happen!:salute::salute::salute:

Eventually it gets hard to be angry all the time. Best medicine is laughter.

Nomad
11-15-2017, 09:16 AM

Jrwiz was my pal.

tripp
11-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Sean McDermott on the benching of Tyrod Taylor after a 5-4 start..

"We were made to be more than 5-4, and I've come here to be more than 5-4," McDermott said. "Really, it's about becoming a better team. Every position is evaluated and that's the direction I decided to go."

HOLY ****!!! where do I find a coach like that?????

Cugel
11-15-2017, 11:16 AM

Just wait till Brady retires. You won't be able to look at Patriots football for another 10 years after that. Yes. It's that bad when you lose a Hall of Fame QB. Just ask us, ask the Bills fans who are still waiting for the next Jim Kelly after 20 seasons. Ask the Jets fans who are still waiting for somebody to replace Joe Namath.

Cugel
11-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Sean McDermott on the benching of Tyrod Taylor after a 5-4 start..

"We were made to be more than 5-4, and I've come here to be more than 5-4," McDermott said. "Really, it's about becoming a better team. Every position is evaluated and that's the direction I decided to go."

HOLY ****!!! where do I find a coach like that?????

Who would you bench? Trevor? He got benched. Brock? He's bench-worthy, but who would take his place? Paxton? He's "not ready" according to Elway. They are blaming it on "injury" but that injury was supposed to be "week to week" - 3 months ago.