PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Chiefs week)

VonDoom
10-25-2017, 09:15 AM
A few roster notes from yesterday before the practices begin. Klis talks about Zaire Anderson possibly starting with week, with Todd Davis hurting:

ENGLEWOOD - Maybe, a couple pad pops from Zaire Anderson is just what the Denver defense needs in its attempt to slow Kareem Hunt.

Anderson could get his first NFL start in Denver’s next game against the Kansas City Chiefs as Broncos inside linebacker Todd Davis moved through the locker room Monday with the aid of crutches and a protective boot on his right foot.

Davis suffered a high ankle sprain in the Broncos’ 21-0 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday. Anderson came off the bench at StubHub Center and recorded four solo tackles in just 10 defensive plays.

http://www.9news.com/sports/bronco-notes-kareem-hunt-meet-zaire-anderson/485456480

He also mentions Ray's return and the potential returns of Watson, Sanders, McKenzie and Latimer, which I'm sure we'll hear more about today.

A few more bottom of the roster notes:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 23h23 hours ago

Broncos re-signed Kyle Peko to the practice squad.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 16h16 hours ago

Broncos have waived Dillon Day. Added LB Kevin Snyder to the practice squad.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 16h16 hours ago

So with 2 practice squad additions (K. Peko, Snyder) and release of Day, Broncos have 1 spot open on both active roster & practice squad.

Slick
10-25-2017, 09:45 AM
I can barely contain my excitement for this upcoming game.

Davii
10-25-2017, 10:35 AM
I can barely contain my excitement for this upcoming game.

Maybe they'll surprise us and rally the troops for a win? It could be the type of game that gives the team the identity they are searching for, and make a season. Then again, it could be the straw that broke the camel's back for this season... I guess we'll see in 5 days....

VonDoom
10-25-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't see a win for us for quite some time, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Cugel
10-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I think everybody but CHefs fans are dreading this game, rather like Giants fans were prior to the Broncos game and we all know how that turned out. Nothing in the NFL is ever as simple as it appears. Denver appears hopelessly outmatched but who knows?

Denver's Offense has scored 16, 10 and Zero points in the last 3 games. Everybody from Trevor on down to the backups has sucked totally and completely.

Denver's defense has played well, but has given up long game shattering drives like the 8 minute drive the Chargers used to put the game away. They struggle to get off the field on third and long in key situations.

The Special Teams: They've given up TDs on punt returns. They've given up big plays on kick returns. And McManus got paid $6M and seems to have decided to retire but not tell anybody, because he's the worst kicker in the NFL right now.

Meanwhile the Chefs are scoring nearly 30 points a game and Alex Smith is playing like Tom Brady, while their defense has pass rushers like Justin Houston.

But, the past is no predictor of the future. The worst team in the NFL can always beat the best on a given afternoon. Well, we don't play the best team in the NFL until we travel to Philly to face the Eagles so maybe they can pull it off.

4-4 at mid-season would be bad, but not terra-bad like 3-5, 3-6. Lose two to the Chefs and Eagles and then the Patriots come to town. And they are starting to play better on defense which means they might suddenly emerge in a couple of weeks as the high flying Patriots team everybody expected. It's called coaching. They had a problem in their defense, so they look to acquire help prior to the trade deadline: The Patriots could boost their roster depth over the next week. (https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/10/24/16508172/4-trade-ideas-for-the-patriots-before-next-weeks-deadline-ebron-allen-hollister-celek-graham-bennett)

So, on the surface it looks like the kind of game that got McDaniels fired, when the Raiders came to town and just annihilated the Broncos in front of a 1/2 full stadium of angry fans. If this team goes 3-6 and gets humiliated by the Pats, it could be the sign that they need to start rebuilding and spend the rest of the season figuring out who wants to be part of the team moving forward, and who they want to cut or trade in the off-season.

Unfortunately, the obvious candidates for getting rid of are DT, Sanders and McManus because they are not earning their $31M a year combined salaries. But they just signed McManus and DT to huge cap-busting deals and can't get rid of them prior to 2019. And Sanders has been their best WR and they'd probably like to keep him and move him up to #1 WR.

Lots of problems. No solutions in sight but it's a long time until September 2018 and they have a long time to figure out stuff like "who's our QB?"

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Good teams in the NFL rarely lose two in a row. They never lose three in a row.

So we've got that going for us. Maybe they wake up and play with their hair on fire.

What's that you say? The Chiefs have lost two in a row as well? And they've just had a mini-bye after the Thursday night game? And the game's in K.C.

FML.

Cugel
10-25-2017, 11:58 AM
The line in Vegas is KC -7. (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/game-forecast/NFL_20171030_DEN@KC/)I would give the points on this one.

"I don't see any way the Broncos can score enough points to keep up with the Chiefs, so I see the Chiefs bouncing back in a big way after 2 losses. Give me the Chiefs -7 this week."

Pretty much sums up my feelings. The question is whether the Broncos can score TDs on the Chiefs offense. We'll see, but the desperate sounding player interviews make me feel like this team is really down and ready to fall apart. I could see veteran defenders like Aqib Talib wanting off the team next season if this continues and the Broncos are in full rebuilding mode next year.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Can’t wait for the “great week of practice” soundbite from the coaching staff.

I think our problem is that we can’t hit in practice anymore. Siemian, like Orton before him looks great in practice because he’s not facing real bullets and the RTs look okay because Von isn’t blowing by them to strip sack Siemian every play.

This is a pivotal point in our season. If I were VJ, we’d be in pads this week (I’d use one of the allowed full pads weeks) and guys would be popping. TS would even get “popped” -not taken to the ground, but popped so he knows the defender is there. There wouldn’t be any “vet rest” days either. This team would work this week if I was the HC.

Mike
10-25-2017, 01:04 PM
Can’t wait for the “great week of practice” soundbite from the coaching staff.

I think our problem is that we can’t hit in practice anymore. Siemian, like Orton before him looks great in practice because he’s not facing real bullets and the RTs look okay because Von isn’t blowing by them to strip sack Siemian every play.

This is a pivotal point in our season. If I were VJ, we’d be in pads this week (I’d use one of the allowed full pads weeks) and guys would be popping. TS would even get “popped” -not taken to the ground, but popped so he knows the defender is there. There wouldn’t be any “vet rest” days either. This team would work this week if I was the HC.

And the RT would have a TE tied to his waist.

Davii
10-25-2017, 01:09 PM
And the RT would have a TE tied to his waist.

Maybe John could come down and play QB. At least he wouldn't lock on targets and would go through a progression. The ball might only go 10 yards, but it might be enough.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2h

Chiefs have NFL's leading rusher in Kareem Hunt. But the 2 teams that averaged fewest rush yards in Weeks 6-7 were KC (61 yds) & DEN (57.5)

VonDoom
10-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 49m49 minutes ago

#Broncos Donald Stephenson worked out w trainers. Incline training as makes way back from calf injury @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 49m49 minutes ago

Injured Bronco besides Shane Ray w/best chance of returning vs KC is Isaiah McKenzie. Not sure about Sanders, Latimer, Watson. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 48m48 minutes ago

Isaiah McKenzie (ankle) at Broncos walkthrough, wearing a helmet. Good sign.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 48m48 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch is practicing for first time since Aug 19 shoulder injury. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 43m43 minutes ago

Cody Latimer (knee) at walkthrough too.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 40m40 minutes ago

TE Jake Butt came up a little sore last week. Not practicing. #9sports

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 40m40 minutes ago

Broncos right tackle Menelik Watson joined the team on the field with a helmet just as the media-viewing window of practice was ending.

Slick
10-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Come on Jake Butt. Rub some dirt on it.

Slick
10-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Harris Jr doesn't sound too happy.

“We have to find a way to not give up any points,” Harris said. “We can still be more dominant.”

“We just have to worry about ourselves,” Harris continued. “We have to worry about being better and try to give up zero points. We can be more dominant and make more turnovers. That’s the only thing we’re trying to focus on ourselves and what we can do.

“We can’t control what the offense does. That’s on them. They meet in a totally different room than us. We have to control what we can control on defense and try to be more dominant.”

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/24/denver-broncos-news-chris-harris-zero-points/

VonDoom
10-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ said Lynch working in slowly. Has had some soreness But no timeframe to be ready for a game @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now3 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said have to block heavy fronts better, must have RB make guy miss. And be efficient in passing game on outside @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now5 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said Shane Ray will start Monday at Kansas City.

#Broncos VJ said simple. Siemian must minimize turnovers. Team even in takeaways in wins. Minus 8 in losses @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph said Shane Ray will be on a snap count Monday vs Chiefs. First game back from injury.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Joseph said Menelik Watson “is doing very well.” Was out last week with calf injury.

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 48s48 seconds ago

Joseph called game vs Chiefs a “must-win.” “This game is absolutely urgent. ...It’ll allow us to get back in the race.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 27s28 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said Watson making progress toward playing. Sanders improved. Has not been ruled out. But will be race vs clock @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Todd Davis (ankle) sore. Broncos haven’t ruled him out, but I’d be surprised if he’s available Monday vs. Chiefs.

VonDoom
10-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 42m42 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian: "I wasn't holding up my end of the bargain. Tough to get on guys when I am not playing well. It starts with me"

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 37m37 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian: "Frankly, we were embarrassed w what we put out there Sunday. I have to play better. Everyone knows that." @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 32m32 minutes ago

Siemian's nose black & blue from Ingram hit: "It's good. Got a little bruise. Probably should have broken it. Deserve it the way I played."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian on critics/doubts: "It's easy for me to not get caught up in all that."

LawDog
10-25-2017, 04:07 PM
I saw that during Siemian's post-game. He said he just got a little grass in his eyes, but the discoloration was already starting. I'm surprised it isn't broken as well because he got drilled.

BroncoJoe
10-25-2017, 04:08 PM
I saw that during Siemian's post-game. He said he just got a little grass in his eyes, but the discoloration was already starting. I'm surprised it isn't broken as well because he got drilled.

I'm surprised he stayed in the game. That hit was brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kcZOyh30EQ

Davii
10-25-2017, 08:51 PM

He can take a hit. That's one thing you can't criticize about him. I'm also glad to see he's taking so much blame because he's right, it starts with him. It certainly doesn't end there, but it starts there.

BeefStew25
10-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Trevor is accountable. I like it. I wish Jake Plummer was like that.

VonDoom
10-26-2017, 10:22 AM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

ICYMI: After Dillon Day was claimed by the Colts yesterday, the Broncos signed C Gabe Ikard to the practice squad.

Cugel
10-26-2017, 10:29 AM
More Broncos News of the Week: (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/DEN/denver-broncos)

October 25, 2017 6:22 pm
Broncos' Shane Ray: Gearing up to start Sunday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Head coach Vance Joseph said Ray (wrist) will return from injured reserve and start Monday against the Chiefs, Zac Stevens of BSNDenver.com reports.

Shaquil Barrett has started at strongside linebacker in Ray's absence, but that stint is over. Ray brings a significant pass-rush agenda to the Broncos defense, which is complemented well by his counterpart Von Miller. The two combined for 21.5 sacks last season and will look to continue terrorizing opposing quarterbacks. This is Ray's third season, and where he's still available, he should be considered a solid midseason pickup.
Share: Twitter Facebook

October 25, 2017 5:44 pm
Broncos' Jake Butt: Held out due to soreness

Butt (knee) was held out of Wednesday's practice after dealing with some soreness last week, Andrew Mason of the Broncos' official website reports.

Butt returned to practice last Wednesday, opening a 21-day window during which the Broncos have to decide if he'll be activated to the 53-man roster or placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season. His absence from Wednesday's practice suggests the latter is a real possibility, though the team probably won't be in any rush to make a decision. Coming off a torn ACL suffered less than 10 months ago, Butt likely will handle a limited role if he's available at any point this season. The injury played a major role in his fall to the fifth round of the 2017 draft.
October 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders: Still not at practice

Sanders (ankle) didn't practice Wednesday, Andrew Mason of the Broncos' official website reports.

Sanders was ruled out last Monday for Sunday's eventual 21-0 loss to the Chargers, but he's merely considered day-to-day this week. That being said, he's off on the wrong foot as the Broncos begin preparation for another divisional showdown Sunday in Kansas City. Speaking after Wednesday's practice, head coach Vance Joseph said Sanders is still sore but nonetheless hopes to play through the ankle injury. Fellow wideouts Cody Latimer (knee) and Isaiah McKenzie (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.
October 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Broncos' Paxton Lynch: Practicing for first time in two months

Lynch (shoulder) returned to practice Wednesday, Mike Klis of 9 News Denver reports.

Lynch initially was expected to make a quick return from the shoulder strain he suffered in the preseason, but he ultimately ended up missing more than two months of practice. He resumed throwing a couple weeks ago, and while he's unlikely to be available for Monday's game in Kansas City, he could be back at some point in November. With Trevor Siemian unable to maintain to his strong start to the season, the Broncos eventually may have a quarterback controversy on their hands. Brock Osweiler has been serving as the backup all season and has only taken seven snaps.

Takeaways from this news:

1. Shane Ray coming back is very timely. Von Miller has been double and triple teamed. He still has 7 sacks but some of them have been in garbage time, with no impact on games. Broncos defenders are facing a terrible test this week in KC.

2. Broncos were hoping Jake Butt would be back this season, but it's looking like a red-shirt year for him. He's a raw rookie anyway, so his impact this season, never having participated in training camp or the pre-season would have been limited anyway. However, none of the other Broncos TEs can do squat, so it would have been nice to see. They will hold onto him a few more weeks unless they need the roster spot. Right now they don't.

3. Sanders will play, but how much of an impact can he have when injured? THis is a big problem as the offense hasn't scored a point this season without him.

4. Paxton Lynch, Giraffe #2, practiced this week. This is good news because with Trevor injured and playing worse every week, and Brock Osweiler being a turn-over machine, chances are good we see Paxton in there week 10 or 11. We should get a good feel for whether either of the two Giraffes can play at all pretty soon. Smart money is on

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2017, 12:11 PM
http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/wolfe-battling-injuries-iffy-for-chiefs/73-486272023

BeefStew25
10-26-2017, 12:13 PM
I want Wolfe to retire.

Timmy!
10-26-2017, 12:18 PM
I want Wolfe to retire.

I'd much rather Trevor retire and Wolfe play 5 more years.

BeefStew25
10-26-2017, 12:19 PM
I'd much rather Trevor retire and Wolfe play 5 more years.

I want Wolfe to have a long healthy life and enjoy his ring.

Timmy!
10-26-2017, 12:22 PM
I want Wolfe to have a long healthy life and enjoy his ring.

Im a greedy dick and want our best DL to stay a while.

BeefStew25
10-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Im a greedy dick and want our best DL to stay a while.

Peko ain’t going anywhere.

Timmy!
10-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Peko ain’t going anywhere.

He is old.

Mike
10-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Why can't we have both? :insert taco commercial:

Love me some Wolfe and Peko.

VonDoom
10-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders not practicing. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Sanders, Jake Butt stretching on far side field with trainer/coach. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe not practicing. #9sports

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 5m5 minutes ago

Menelik Watson out here at practice. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Aqib Talib, Jamaal Charles, Domata Peko getting usual vet days. #9sports

#Broncos Paxton Lynch throwing well in drills. Definitely made strides with his shoulder issue it appears @DenverChannel

Rick
10-26-2017, 03:34 PM
#Broncos Paxton Lynch throwing well in drills. Definitely made strides with his shoulder issue it appears @DenverChannel

How is the issue with his head? :)

VonDoom
10-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 54m54 minutes ago

#Broncos Wolfe and Sanders and Todd Davis not practicing. Wolfe I am convinced will play. Not sure on others. Wolfe, Davis watching

Davii
10-27-2017, 02:43 PM
As bad as they have looked lately the vet days should be cancelled until they play better

LawDog
10-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Can you imagine if this was a Dolphins forum? Good gawd, 40-0...

Rick
10-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Nah, Miami fans are use to sucking :)

NightTrainLayne
10-27-2017, 03:38 PM
As bad as they have looked lately the vet days should be cancelled until they play better

I'm fine with defensive guys getting vet days.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-27-2017, 05:54 PM

Unless your name is Derek Wolfe. He’s still likely to go out there Sunday, rip someone’s arm off and beat said person with it.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2017, 10:11 PM
#DENvsKC: OC Mike McCoy
Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy talks about reducing turnovers on offense and his confidence in quarterback Trevor Siemian.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsKC-OC-Mike-McCoy/a490d0ac-dce7-4774-9960-b0dce9d5484b

#DENvsKC: STC Brock Olivo
Special Teams Coordinator Brock Olivo answers questions about Chiefs punt returner Tyreek Hill and explains what went wrong during the Broncos' first punt against the Chargers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsKC-STC-Brock-Olivo/c524e9c3-1781-46d6-b16f-2eab4e51c6f6

#DENvsKC: DC Joe Woods
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods talks about the challenges of slowing down all of the Chiefs' offensive weapons.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsKC-DC-Joe-Woods/ea879551-91da-430d-a730-6671ca266295

Simple Jaded
10-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Can’t spare a 6th round pick for Marcell Dareus but somehow they always have room for Kyle ******* Peko.

Simple Jaded
10-27-2017, 10:52 PM

What is it, 3 or 4 straight seasons where the OL struggles to pick up simple E/T stunts?

Simple Jaded
10-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Trevor is accountable. I like it. I wish Jake Plummer was like that.

Cover 0 beat the Broncos.

Nomad
10-28-2017, 10:42 AM
#13 is going to be under center....enjoy. BRONCOS gonna win.

Cugel
10-28-2017, 11:50 AM
How is the issue with his head? :)

Damn man! I was going to say that! I was actually scrolling down the thread to where I would say exactly that and saw your comment. Oh, well: Second! :lol:

Cugel
10-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Man! You want to talk about some SERIOUS Spin Mastery, we've got here from Vance Joseph:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck Oct 26

#Broncos VJ said not used to cold. "I am soft as hell" after working in Miami heat. Said Oline improving @DenverChannel (https://twitter.com/search?q=@TroyRenck&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ese arch)

"OL is getting better"????? :eek: . If the last game is "getting better" I don't want to EVER see worse!

According to his presser, Menelik Watson is gimping around out there and will be pressed into service, so, and I quote:

"Watson practiced today. He looked fine. He's looking better every day so we have depth both inside and outside. So, once he's been cleared to go we should be good there."

I think I do NOT have the same definition of "good" as Vance Joseph. Because the last game with Watson in there did not look "Fine" or "good" or "OK" or "average" or "Promising" or "not so great" or even "bad." It was freakin' "TERRA-BAD" whatever is beyond terrible where a guy might as well not even be out there for all the positive impact he has on the game.

DT88TheGreat
10-28-2017, 01:41 PM
He can take a hit. That's one thing you can't criticize about him. I'm also glad to see he's taking so much blame because he's right, it starts with him. It certainly doesn't end there, but it starts there.

He's always injured but he can take a hit?

It starts and ends with Trevor or any quarterback whose sucking.

Cugel
10-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Can’t spare a 6th round pick for Marcell Dareus but somehow they always have room for Kyle ******* Peko.

I think it was more mental issues and off-field issues with Dareus rather than physical ability. If you get him, it's questionable whether he is really 100% motivated and committed to football - or is he potentially another Daryl "Pancake House" Gardner?

Remember that dude, who got the big contract and then was useless because of character issues (got in a fight outside the Aurora International House of Pancakes at 1:30 AM one night and broke his hand and couldn't play for the Broncos)?

I don't think they want Darius because they have a locker room full of warriors who are 100% every game (so far, that could change if they sense that all their efforts are doomed because their offense is can't score).

Simple Jaded
10-28-2017, 08:52 PM
I think it was more mental issues and off-field issues with Dareus rather than physical ability. If you get him, it's questionable whether he is really 100% motivated and committed to football - or is he potentially another Daryl "Pancake House" Gardner?

Remember that dude, who got the big contract and then was useless because of character issues (got in a fight outside the Aurora International House of Pancakes at 1:30 AM one night and broke his hand and couldn't play for the Broncos)?

I don't think they want Darius because they have a locker room full of warriors who are 100% every game (so far, that could change if they sense that all their efforts are doomed because their offense is can't score).

6th round pick for an All-Pro DL is worth the risk, especially with Wolfe’s constant injury situation. I feel like I have a good idea why they’re not interested in Dareus, and I think it’s stupid.

The season is slipping away, doing nothing makes zero sense. Duane Brown is seemingly available too, $10 says they have no interest there either. Because what would happen to Garcia if Watson becomes too expensive to be a backup?

Edit, Hell, I’d sweeten the pot and give Bills a 6th and Trevor Siemian. I know that makes no sense around Broncos fans where Ty Taylor enjoys a large fan base.

spikerman
10-28-2017, 09:31 PM
I suppose one reason they may not want him is because of the salary cap implications. Pass.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2017, 09:49 PM
I suppose one reason they may not want him is because of the salary cap implications. Pass.

If so it’s based on yearly salary alone, his signing/roster bonuses were already paid and if he is what Cugel says he is then cutting him at any time would result in zero dead money.

spikerman
10-28-2017, 09:52 PM
If so it’s based on yearly salary alone, his signing/roster bonuses were already paid and if he is what Cugel says he is then cutting him at any time would result in zero dead money.

But if they don’t cut him his salary counts against the cap. I think he’s somewhere in the 15 million plus range. Denver can’t afford that.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2017, 09:59 PM
But if they don’t cut him his salary counts against the cap. I think he’s somewhere in the 15 million plus range. Denver can’t afford that.

He’s currently 12th on Jags salary cap at $9.7 M, $7 M in guaranteed ‘18 salary and zero guaranteed money after that.

Denver currently has $11.5 M in cap space ... and about another $6 M in Davis/Green dead weight.

Cut Todd Davis, Virgil Green and Alan Barbre gives Denver $8 M in cap space with zero dead money.

spikerman
10-28-2017, 10:02 PM
He’s currently 12th on Jags salary cap at $9.7 M, $7 M in guaranteed ‘18 salary and zero guaranteed money after that.

Denver currently has $11.5 M in cap space ... and about another $6 M in Davis/Green dead weight.

Cut Todd Davis, Virgil Green and Alan Barbre gives Denver $8 M in cap space with zero dead money.
Yeah, that sounds do-able, but their problems are on the other side of the ball.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Yeah, that sounds do-able, but their problems are on the other side of the ball.

The moral/story, Spiker, is that Kyle Peko sucks.

spikerman
10-28-2017, 10:14 PM
The moral/story, Spiker, is that Kyle Peko sucks.

:lol: roger that. I haven’t seen him play enough to have an opinion.