PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chargers week)

VonDoom
10-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Not much to report on a Tuesday, but we did make one move so I figured I'd start this now. Not unexpected, given that we have three "healthy" receivers (and I'm not sure DT is completely healthy):

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 23m23 minutes ago

Broncos will bring Hunter Sharp up from PS squad today. Corresponding move to be announced.

VonDoom
10-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 23m23 minutes ago

Broncos release DL Ahtyba Rubin, place OL Billy Turner on IR. More transactions to come in next 24 hours. #9sports

spikerman
10-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 23m23 minutes ago

Broncos release DL Ahtyba Rubin, place OL Billy Turner on IR. More transactions to come in next 24 hours. #9sports
My phone is on the hook, John. You know you want another left handed QB.

VonDoom
10-17-2017, 05:03 PM
https://twitter.com/nickkosmider/status/920408629399969793

Rick
10-17-2017, 05:46 PM
If he wants a slightly over weight, tall white guy with good quickness and great straight-line speed and good hands but knows exactly 1 route (run that-a-way) and is waaaay out of running conditioning...I'm available!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2017, 05:48 PM
If he wants a slightly over weight, tall white guy with good quickness and great straight-line speed and good hands but knows exactly 1 route (run that-a-way) and is waaaay out of running conditioning...I'm available!

I’m finna go our on a limb and guess that “great straight line speed” is a relative term.

Rick
10-17-2017, 05:52 PM
I’m finna go our on a limb and guess that “great straight line speed” is a relative term.

I am actually pretty fast. Not 4.3 maybe...but I can actually move pretty fast.

spikerman
10-17-2017, 06:02 PM

Can you kick?

Rick
10-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Can you kick?

Nope.

spikerman
10-17-2017, 06:08 PM
nope.

next!

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2017, 06:15 PM
I can fail at RT as spectacularly as these guys. Give me a call.

LawDog
10-17-2017, 08:47 PM
I am actually pretty fast. Not 4.3 maybe...but I can actually move pretty fast.

In a hemi Charger?

Hawgdriver
10-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Once upon a time I clocked a 4.55, but I was 155 lbs...not quite a bo jackson 4.18 at 230, but close. Damned close.

Timmy!
10-17-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm willing to play RT for a game.

#divingatknees

Rick
10-17-2017, 09:33 PM
People usually have a where the **** did that come from moment with me.

I sit in an office chair, slight tummy bulge, nerd with glasses.

Then we step out in a game and the unassuming geek blows past them like they are standing still.

I am a quiet guy around there office but what people don't realize is I've always been a runner. I love to run, and yes... I'm damn fast :)

Not trying to say I have pro skills lol, just saying I have 1 talent. I can move very quickly.

LawDog
10-17-2017, 09:50 PM
People usually have a where the **** did that come from moment with me.

I sit in an office chair, slight tummy bulge, nerd with glasses.

Then we step out in a game and the unassuming geek blows past them like they are standing still.

I am a quiet guy around there office but what people don't realize is I've always been a runner. I love to run, and yes... I'm damn fast :)

Not trying to say I have pro skills lol, just saying I have 1 talent. I can move very quickly.

What’s your best couch to beer fridge time?

Rick
10-17-2017, 09:59 PM
I don't drink :)

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 09:22 AM
By the way, Hunter Sharp officially promoted to the roster, where River Cracraft was added to the practice squad. So we should still have one spot open on the 53 man (with Rubin gone and Turner to IR). We might just leave it open until Ray comes back next week.

Freyaka
10-18-2017, 09:44 AM
I mean look, I'm fat and about the right height, sure I have no upper body strength, but neither do the RT's we have now, give me a shot coach!

BigDaddyBronco
10-18-2017, 10:13 AM
I mean look, I'm fat and about the right height, sure I have no upper body strength, but neither do the RT's we have now, give me a shot coach!

Hell, I've got the size, just not the strength or athleticism. But if you want to continue to have a guy look lost and flop around. I'm your man.

tripp
10-18-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm expecting a big game from Bennie Fowler.

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 12:36 PM
TV Maps are up. This is kind of a weird one, as there are three late games on CBS that divide the country by region:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=7

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-18-2017, 12:39 PM
TV Maps are up. This is kind of a weird one, as there are three late games on CBS that divide the country by region:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=7

Ugh, Seattle again. This sucks. It use to be Denver every week and Seattle was on Fox. This is the second time this year Seattle has been on CBS here instead of Denver.

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 38m38 minutes ago

Jake Butt, Shane Ray getting some practice time. #9sports

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 25m25 minutes ago

#Broncos worked out WRs Devin Lucien, Tim Patrick and Domonique Young, and chose Cracraft for practice squad. @DenverChannel

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 24m24 minutes ago

Not much to be taken out of the early portion of a practice where receivers run routes vs. air, but Broncos TE Jake Butt looks the part.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Nick Kosmider

Yes he does. He has that shimmy and head shake in routes that creates space. Owen Daniels displayed that in playoffs two years ago

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 18m18 minutes ago

I believe that Demaryius Thomas will play Sunday, but it's certainly an issue that only 3 Den WRs (Fowler, Taylor, Sharp) practiced Weds.

Freyaka
10-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 38m38 minutes ago

Jake Butt, Shane Ray getting some practice time. #9sports

You could say he's.......

Working his Butt off.

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Not necessarily about this week, but I thought this was interesting from Mase:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

.@Broncos have lost 9 straight games when they don’t force a turnover. In ’15-’17 seasons, they’re 1-9 w/ no takeaways; 26-4 w/ 1+ takeaways

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 30m30 minutes ago

That includes playoffs. Also, the one win in that span without a takeaway — 11/1/15 vs. Green Bay.

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

DT did not practice bc of a calf injury. Siemian practiced @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said Brandon Marshall was DNP because of a shoulder injury.

Vance Joseph: “Trevor is our quarterback. Right now we’re 3-2 and as a team we’re getting better. ... Absolutely he’s our quarterback.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: “Hunter (Sharp) has earned a spot on our roster.”

Joseph said Jake Butt could play “any day.”... “Probably not this Sunday, he has to get in football shape.”

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Hunter Sharp will work as a returner vs Chargers as well as WR. #9sports

Joseph said they’re exploring their options to fill their final roster spot. And they will fill it.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Allen Barbre and Donald Stephenson working at right tackle. Stephenson in line to start @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 35s36 seconds ago

#Broncos Brandon Marshall injured shoulder 2 weeks ago. Affected his tackling. Not sure if plays. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now13 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ "Adversity is here. We have to deal with it" @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 9s9 seconds ago

Jordan Taylor and Hunter Sharp will be possibilities on punt returns, Vance Joseph said.

VonDoom
10-18-2017, 03:12 PM

Vance Joseph: “Trevor is our quarterback. Right now we’re 3-2 and as a team we’re getting better. ... Absolutely he’s our quarterback.

I take issue with the bolded section. I'm not seeing a team that's getting better. So far, we peaked in week two.

Freyaka
10-18-2017, 03:13 PM

The hell we are...

Freyaka
10-18-2017, 03:14 PM
I take issue with the bolded section. I'm not seeing a team that's getting better. So far, we peaked in week two.

That stuck out to me like a sore thumb, are you fricken kidding me Vance? Don't try and sugarcoat this and feed us a line of BS like we are dumb and gullible...

Hawgdriver
10-18-2017, 06:27 PM
That stuck out to me like a sore thumb, are you fricken kidding me Vance? Don't try and sugarcoat this and feed us a line of BS like we are dumb and gullible...

He must mean after the Giants game. Because in truth that's the only direction.

Ah shit I jinxed it.

spikerman
10-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Sheesh guys, relax. He didn’t say they were getting better at football.

Nomad
10-18-2017, 07:18 PM
I really despise the NFL's cross flex games....Seahawks/Giants here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Nice, Butt!

GEM
10-19-2017, 10:10 AM
I agree, but what's he going to say? Siemian has laid a goose egg the last couple weeks, we don't have anyone better behind him and we're holding onto hope that our season isn't ******.

:lol:

VonDoom
10-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 31m31 minutes ago

AJ Derby, Demaryius Thomas back at practice. #9sports

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago

Talib and Charles back at practice after vet days off for rest on Wednesday. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN 28m28 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall is practicing today after sitting out yesterday with a sore shoulder

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Menelik Watson is not practicing. Not looking good to play vs LAC but that’s for another day. #9sports

Freyaka
10-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 31m31 minutes ago

AJ Derby, Demaryius Thomas back at practice. #9sports

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago

Talib and Charles back at practice after vet days off for rest on Wednesday. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Zac Stevens‏ @ZacStevensBSN 28m28 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall is practicing today after sitting out yesterday with a sore shoulder

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Menelik Watson is not practicing. Not looking good to play vs LAC but that’s for another day. #9sports

I mean, even if he could play, he wouldn't be looking good while doing it.

VonDoom
10-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall (shoulder) limited. AJ Derby’s Wife delivered baby girl last night. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said RT Menelik Watson (calf) is still day-to-day. Didn’t practice again today but they’re not yet ready to rule him out for LA

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ said rush D was not scheme related. Pop a few big plays on traps. #Chargers will likely use trap a few times @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Jake Butt not likely to play Sunday. “Hopefully he can get in enough football shape to play next week or the week after,” Vance Joseph said.

Joseph said Paxton Lynch (shoulder) is throwing every day now. Said Lynch is still a little sore.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 25s26 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph not worried about D having only 4 takeaways. @DenverChannel

VonDoom
10-19-2017, 03:16 PM

Mike McCoy: “Antonio (Gates) is one of the best to play the game at all positions.”

McCoy, talking about Siemian: “It’s not always a quarterback’s fault for an interception. ... It’s not just one guy.”

#Broncos Mike McCoy said "we've got to start scoring TDs. We are moving the ball. We have to finish" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos Mike McCoy said plan is to spread ball around. But for obvious reasons declined to say if Charles role would expand @DenverChannel

GEM
10-19-2017, 07:56 PM

Mike McCoy: “Antonio (Gates) is one of the best to play the game at all positions.”

McCoy, talking about Siemian: “It’s not always a quarterback’s fault for an interception. ... It’s not just one guy.”

#Broncos Mike McCoy said "we've got to start scoring TDs. We are moving the ball. We have to finish" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos Mike McCoy said plan is to spread ball around. But for obvious reasons declined to say if Charles role would expand @DenverChannel

So. This was Trevor's protection on pick 6, whose fault was it, coach of men?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2017, 09:27 PM
#DENvsLAC: OLB Von Miller
Outside linebacker Von Miller reiterates the Broncos' desperate attitude and reveals who he wants to win Thursday night's game between the Chiefs and Raiders.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsLAC-OLB-Von-Miller/33ab36f3-78e9-48b6-ae4a-cb3818cfa4b9

#DENvsLAC: DC Joe Woods
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods talks about how the defense is aiming to create more turnovers and how they guard tight ends.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsLAC-DC-Joe-Woods/9052e5e9-b439-43bf-b2f7-f10f533843c5

Joseph: Melvin Gordon been Chargers' 'spark'
Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about how the Chargers have changed since Week 1 and reveals whether Jake Butt will be ready to play this week.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-Melvin-Gordon-been-Chargers-spark/1b63ca9a-df5f-4578-96e6-96b3012f088f

#DENvsLAC: OC Mike McCoy
Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy explains what has led to the Broncos' struggles in the red zone and details how quarterback Trevor Siemian can succeed against Los Angeles.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsLAC-OC-Mike-McCoy/4eed9994-fc30-4996-bc13-27885bed1a9d

#DENvsLAC: RB C.J. Anderson
Running back C.J. Anderson explains how the Broncos' offense can get back on track and reiterates the importance of staying focused on Los Angeles.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsLAC_RB_CJ_Anderson/16c05788-28db-4c04-8890-8ad2ccf82587

#DENvsLAC: QB Trevor Siemian
Quarterback Trevor Siemian discusses his interceptions against the Giants, the challenge of dealing with Los Angeles' edge rushers and the team's mentality heading into Week 7.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsLAC-QB-Trevor-Siemian/d8f97b20-5e92-44cb-a4c0-ab1fceb7032e

dogfish
10-19-2017, 09:35 PM
I agree, but what's he going to say? Siemian has laid a goose egg the last couple weeks, we don't have anyone better behind him and we're holding onto hope that our season isn't ******.

:lol:

man, you would never make it in PR. . . :heh:

GEM
10-19-2017, 09:37 PM
man, you would never make it in PR. . . :heh:

People would appreciate my brutal honesty, then they'd hate me. :lol:

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos signed WR Tim Patrick in place of WR River Cracraft on practice squad. Cracraft suffered injury issue. #9sports

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Remember when we were healthy, like last week?

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Cody Latimer, Isaiah McKenzie, Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, Emmanuel Sanders, Paxton Lynch all OUT vs Chargers.

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 8m8 minutes ago

Linebacker Corey Nelson is out for the year with an elbow injury he suffered in practice yesterday.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Stephenson suffered a lower calf injury in practice yesterday. Allen Barbre will start at RT. Broncos to make a roster move tomorrow.

ILB Corey Nelson to undergo surgery on elbow. Jerrol Garcia-Williams to be promoted from practice squad.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Marshall will play. Stephenson has calf strain. And is Week to week. Missed multiple weeks last year @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

Brendan Langley is kickoff returner— Hunter Sharp is punt returner with Jordan Taylor the back up. #9sportd

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Reason WR Cracraft replaced on practice squad was bc hurt hamstring in practice

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 5m5 minutes ago

Nick Kosmider Retweeted Nick Kosmider

Vance also said Broncos are likely to sign an O-lineman off the p-squad to fill 53rd roster spot.

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 1m1 minute ago

Broncos are in tough spot at right tackle facing Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa, who already have a combined 13 sacks, including 3 vs. Denver.

Freyaka
10-20-2017, 12:35 PM

Stephenson suffered a lower calf injury in practice yesterday. Allen Barbre will start at RT. Broncos to make a roster move tomorrow.

IMO this is one of those rare things where an injury actually helps a situation. Barbre will be good at RT and Garcia while not a great guard will be fine being the full time starter there.

This is an improvement IMO.

LawDog
10-20-2017, 12:38 PM
IMO this is one of those rare things where an injury actually helps a situation. Barbre will be good at RT and Garcia while not a great guard will be fine being the full time starter there.

From your keyboard to God's ears...

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Theoretically, yes. As in, they were dumb enough to want to start Stephenson over Barbre at RT, but now they have no choice. However, who is our backup OT? We're suddenly very thin there.

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 01:04 PM
This might answer that question:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

League source: Broncos intend to call up OT Elijah Wilkinson from practice squad tomorrow. #9sports

Freyaka
10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Theoretically, yes. As in, they were dumb enough to want to start Stephenson over Barbre at RT, but now they have no choice. However, who is our backup OT? We're suddenly very thin there.

I get that aspect of it, I'm guessing we'll pull up a practice squad player. Hopefully Barbre does so well in the position that they don't decide to go back to Stephenson when he's healthy again and just leave him there for depth.

Freyaka
10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
This might answer that question:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

League source: Broncos intend to call up OT Elijah Wilkinson from practice squad tomorrow. #9sports

Posted my other reply before reading this. I kinda figured this would be the route we'd take.

Tned
10-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Wowza, Barbre to RT and that means unless I'm missing someone, McGovern and Wilkerson will be the only backups.

BeefStew25
10-20-2017, 03:18 PM
BDB moving up from the practice squad is what my sources are telling me.

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Wowza, Barbre to RT and that means unless I'm missing someone, McGovern and Wilkerson will be the only backups.

Yeah, I believe that's correct. Watson and Stephenson out, Turner to IR, just since last week.

Slick
10-20-2017, 03:58 PM
If the QB was better I'd say Denver needs to make a trade for another tackle but I don't think it'll change much.

VonDoom
10-20-2017, 04:33 PM
If the QB was better I'd say Denver needs to make a trade for another tackle but I don't think it'll change much.

Rumor has it that we're talking to the Bills about trading for a RT

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Broncos linebacker Corey Nelson suffered a bicep tear near his elbow during practice Wednesday and will be placed on season-ending injured reserve, according to NFL sources.

Nelson will have surgery next week, Broncos coach Vance Joseph said.

“Corey’s had a great year, both on defense and special teams,” Joseph said. “That’s a big loss for us, but it happens.”

Nelson’s injury, which leaves the Broncos without one of their top special teams players, was on a long list for Denver heading into its game at the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday afternoon.

The Broncos will also be without right tackles Menelik Watson (calf) and Donald Stephenson (calf) and wide receivers Cody Latimer (knee), Isaiah McKenzie (ankle) and Emmanuel Sanders (ankle).

To fill Nelson’s spot on the roster, the Broncos will sign inside linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams from the team’s practice squad, Joseph said Friday. Joseph added that the Broncos will likely add an offensive lineman from the practice squad. Offensive tackle Elijah Wilkinson and center Dillon Day are the two linemen available.

The Broncos are without three players who can play offensive tackle. Watson is considered day-to-day and Stephenson is week-to-week and could miss more than Sunday’s game. Swing tackle Billy Turner suffered a fractured hand in the loss to the Giants on Sunday and has been placed on injured reserve. That leaves veteran Allen Barbre, who has spent most of the season at left guard, as the starting right tackle for Sunday’s game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/20/corey-nelson-elbow-injury/

Nomad
10-20-2017, 06:20 PM
My little girl asked if she could come with me to the ER Ale House to watch the game, and she wants to wear my McCaffery jersey....she usually likes to hang with Mom and my boys use to come with me. I got teary eyed. :D

dogfish
10-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Remember when we were healthy, like last week?

"As a wiser fella than myself once said, sometimes you eat the baar, and, well, sometiems the baar, he eats you."

"Is that some sorta Eastern thing?"

"Far from it."

i say do eet anyway. . . we're still gonna need a competent right tackle at some point, regardless of who's under center. . .

dogfish
10-20-2017, 07:36 PM
My little girl asked if she could come with me to the ER Ale House to watch the game, and she wants to wear my McCaffery jersey....she usually likes to hang with Mom and my boys use to come with me. I got teary eyed. :D

yea buddy!

:defense:

Hawgdriver
10-20-2017, 07:45 PM

:theultimateemoji:

You unlocked it, nomad, congrats. It might not display on this setup but you unlocked it and that's what counts.

Hawgdriver
10-20-2017, 07:47 PM
i say do eet anyway. . . we're still gonna need a competent right tackle at some point, regardless of who's under center. . .

If they could import a granite RT my hopes for the season double or triple.

dogfish
10-20-2017, 07:52 PM
If they could import a granite RT my hopes for the season double or triple.

shit, dude. . . i'd take a balsa wood one over what we got. . .

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2017, 08:52 PM
So, I was already doubtful about this Sunday's game.

Maybe it's kismet that I'll be travelling during the game.

Cugel
10-20-2017, 09:10 PM
By the way, Hunter Sharp officially promoted to the roster, where River Cracraft was added to the practice squad. So we should still have one spot open on the 53 man (with Rubin gone and Turner to IR). We might just leave it open until Ray comes back next week.

That is the word from Broncos Insider Mike Klis that they will use one of the new PS additions for a week, and then cut him to make room for activating Ray.

dogfish
10-20-2017, 09:27 PM
That is the word from Broncos Insider Mike Klis that they will use one of the new PS additions for a week, and then cut him to make room for activating Ray.

word on the street is they'll also be trying "some voodoo shit" on joey bosa and melvin ingram. . .

NightTerror218
10-20-2017, 11:56 PM
word on the street is they'll also be trying "some voodoo shit" on joey bosa and melvin ingram. . .

Maybe McCoy will learn what to chip one of them

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2017, 09:48 AM
This game is going to suck so hard. 3-3 here we come.

VonDoom
10-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Dillon Day also called up from the PS. Let's hope he doesn't see the field because he always looks bad in preseason

spikerman
10-21-2017, 11:52 AM
This is my gut feeling too.

Nomad
10-21-2017, 12:04 PM
BRONCOS gonna win.

Tned
10-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Dillon Day also called up from the PS. Let's hope he doesn't see the field because he always looks bad in preseason

I guess I missed him when I was looking at who was on the practice squad. I thought Wilkerson was the only O-line guy on squad. That at least makes me feel better. I didn't think they could go into this game with only McGovern and Wilkerson as backups.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he's not needed, but I would rather have Day than Virgil Green coming in if we lose two linemen.

tripp
10-21-2017, 12:37 PM

I have no reason to believe we win this game after last weeks performance.

Freyaka
10-21-2017, 12:46 PM
We're going to win out you guys...quit being negative nancies and unbunch them panties.

But seriously...I don't want to watch this game.

LawDog
10-21-2017, 02:05 PM

That’s a great thing in vacuums and girlfriends.

VonDoom
10-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Kyle Peko waived to make room for Day

Tned
10-21-2017, 03:42 PM
I have no reason to believe we win this game after last weeks performance.

I suppose the Giants' fans could have said that about the Giants winning last week, after their first four week's performances.

Tned
10-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Kyle Peko waived to make room for Day

Clearly Peko is going to be that guy this year, waived, brought back, waived, brought back, waived...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2017, 05:19 PM
DENVER—After paying his dues and then some by spending nearly 2 ½ seasons on the practice squad, interior offensive lineman Dillon Day was promoted to the Broncos’ 53-man roster Saturday.

To make room for Day, the Broncos waived defensive tackle Kyle Peko.

Day was primarily a center at Mississippi State before he joined the Broncos as an undrafted rookie in 2015.

He is the fourth player the Broncos promoted from their practice squad this week, joining receiver Hunter Sharp, linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams and offensive tackle Elijah Wilkinson.

Those four players are needed to fill in for injured receiver Emmanuel Sanders, returner Isaiah McKenzie, linebacker Corey Nelson, and right tackles Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-promote-dillon-day-cut-kyle-peko-/485018207

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h

After cutting D-linemen Ahtyba Rubin and Kyle Peko this week, Broncos have faith D-lineman Zach Kerr is healthy enough to roll. #9sports

Tbolt
10-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Kyle Peko meet Scott Stankavidge.

dogfish
10-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Clearly Peko is going to be that guy this year, waived, brought back, waived, brought back, waived...

every squad needs a chad mustard. . .

Cugel
10-22-2017, 02:01 PM

The only "Voodoo" that's going to slow them down is if they stick big pins into Joey Bosa, not some doll that looks like him. Put some long pins into Bosa and their RT can push them in deeper every time he tries to rush. THAT ought to slow down Bosa!