PDA

View Full Version : It is PRO Football

Ground Control
10-15-2017, 08:02 PM
All the BS about a massacre tonight is just that. The Giants are a deeply wounded animal but they have a 2-time SB MVP, an angry and competent D, and a bunch of no-name and unknown receivers. Yeah, we should win and this is a must win. We do need to see domination and an ability to take advantage of the situation but this is PRO football. Nothing is a given. It will not be a loss if the Broncos struggle in this game. It is only a loss if it is a loss, period.

aberdien
10-15-2017, 08:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bWVkDyx.png

MOtorboat
10-15-2017, 08:40 PM
It ain't intramurals!

Valar Morghulis
10-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Nice user name dude

BroncoWave
10-15-2017, 09:20 PM
We're just trying to win a mother ****ing game!!!

weazel
10-15-2017, 09:28 PM
When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2017, 10:06 PM
The key to winning games is to score more points than your opponent.

Hawgdriver
10-15-2017, 10:22 PM
If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the wide receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2017, 10:23 PM
If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the wide receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.

Even in the 4th quarter

wayninja
10-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Best first thread ever.

sneakers
10-16-2017, 06:43 AM
"THIS IS DiVISION ONE FOOTBALL!"

sneakers
10-16-2017, 06:45 AM

unless the receiver fails to "complete the process of the catch" or whatever nonsense the refs used for calvin johnson

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 09:34 AM
I don't personally care what the Giants record is (I actually think they'll end up 10-6, they were not as bad as their record indicates) What pisses me off is how poorly we played.

1 TD in 8 quarters. Unacceptable...

GEM
10-16-2017, 09:49 AM
I think the coaching staff is being let off the hook. The entire team looked terrible last night. Uninspired and unprepared. The leader of men needs to get his shit together too.

BroncoJoe
10-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Major Tom?

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 09:51 AM
I think the coaching staff is being let off the hook. The entire team looked terrible last night. Uninspired and unprepared. The leader of men needs to get his shit together too.

When there are so many whipping boys, it's hard to single out any that aren't among the worst offenders. In this instance TS stands head and shoulders above the rest, but you are right. Coaching staff (McCoy specifically) needs their heads forcefully dislodged from the rectal area.

Cugel
10-16-2017, 09:54 AM

Are you sure? Because the NFL isn't too sure about what a catch is any more. It used to be back in the day that if if looked like a catch it was a catch. No replay. No b.s. But, today's NFL? Not so much. "After further review."

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Major Tom?

I've had this song stuck in my head all morning...

Actually I take it back, I've had Tebowie stuck in my head all morning.

"This is Jesus Christ to Tim Tebow, please leeeeeave me alooonne. Don't you know my day of rest is Sunday, and I'm sick of watching all these broncos gaaames."

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 09:55 AM

You've got the outdated rule book.

Hawgdriver
10-16-2017, 10:02 AM
I've had this song stuck in my head all morning...

Actually I take it back, I've had Tebowie stuck in my head all morning.

"This is Jesus Christ to Tim Tebow, please leeeeeave me alooonne. Don't you know my day of rest is Sunday, and I'm sick of watching all these broncos gaaames."

'I heeeeeeeeeeeeeeear that your playing New England next weeek...
Duuuuuuuuuude you're on your own'

:lol:

I didn't know that existed.

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 10:15 AM
'I heeeeeeeeeeeeeeear that your playing New England next weeek...
Duuuuuuuuuude you're on your own'

:lol:

I didn't know that existed.

Falon did it right after we beat the Steelers in the playoffs :)

Cugel
10-16-2017, 11:15 AM
When there are so many whipping boys, it's hard to single out any that aren't among the worst offenders. In this instance TS stands head and shoulders above the rest, but you are right. Coaching staff (McCoy specifically) needs their heads forcefully dislodged from the rectal area.

That's what encourages me. The notion that there are no great teams in the NFL this year. The Atlanta Falcons looked for a couple of games like they were back to the 2016 form that had them cake walk their way to the SB. Then they lost to Buffalo and Miami and it's pretty clear they are not terribly good.

The Patriots came into the season looking and people were questioning whether they would go undefeated. They "crushed FA" adding to an already SB winning team, and it just looked unfair.

After 6 games while the Broncos D is #1 the Patriots defense is dead last in the NFL. Broncos are giving up 261 yards a game, the Patriots 441. The Broncos are giving up 19.2 ppg, and this unfairly includes the pick 6 Trevor threw, while Brady has thrown 13 Tds and only 2 picks, and no pick 6's. But, the Patriots defense has given up 26 ppg. There is just no way they are winning a SB like that. I can't think of a time the worst NFL defensive team won the SB. Poor defense usually gets you beat in the playoffs no matter how good your offense is - exhibit A = Broncos SB 43-8 loss to the Seahawks.

Remember how the Broncos had to score 50 points in 2013 to beat the Cowboys? That is how the Patriots have been winning games. They were down by 14 to the Jets. Let that sink in. The "J-E-S-T, Jest, Jest, Jest!" as they say around the league.

The Steelers look pretty good, they have the #7 ranked offense, but their rushing defense is 24th in the league, giving up 118 ypg.

Everywhere you look there's mediocrity. NO team stands out.

The Chiefs? Their defense is 29th in the NFL. They just lost and are facing a tough divisional matchup on a short week Thursday.

"Chiefs don't have much time to heal their wounds, physical or otherwise
Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer

If Hill, West and Wilson can’t play in Oakland, the Chiefs will be without four of their six leading pass-catchers. Among that group, only tight end Travis Kelce and running back Kareem Hunt would be available to play.

The Chiefs stumbled for the first time offensively against the Steelers. They entered Week 6 as the highest-scoring team in the league, but in the first half they had just 6 yards, three points and one first down.

“It seems a little bleak right this minute,’’ coach Andy Reid said. “But that’s not how I feel going forward. We’ve got a good football team. We’ve got to rebound. We’ve got a short turnaround here. We’ve got to get ready to play a good Raiders team.

Of course the Raiders are not a very good team either as we've seen.

So, all in all, name a team in the AFC that you think is heads and shoulders above the Broncos right now? I'd say the Chiefs are better because Alex Smith doesn't suck, and the Pats are better because Tom Brady, and the Steelers might be better because of Ben Rothlisberger. That's about it really.

Will Trevor rebound from his horrible game? Yes. He's a mediocre QB, not a horrible QB. Mediocre means he's an 8-8 QB. If your defense and other skill players are really good an 8-8 QB can get you to 10 maybe 11 wins.

They are not going to play like Eli Manning in the SB. Or Tom Brady in the SB. They are not that kind of QB.

But, name a team in the NFL that is really good this year? I can't think of one. The Chiefs are the closest but unless their defense improves and unless they can generate more than 6 yards in a half, they are not going anywhere in the playoffs either.

This conference is just wide open and will stay that way all year.

DT88TheGreat
10-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Agreed, youd think we lost to Navy or something, the giantsw were 0-5 and very desperate and the broncose defense had a off night and needed there quarterback who failed to show up yet again. I put this loss on the arm and brain of Trevor.

weazel
10-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Agreed, youd think we lost to Navy or something, the giantsw were 0-5 and very desperate and the broncose defense had a off night and needed there quarterback who failed to show up yet again. I put this loss on the arm and brain of Trevor.

I agree, siemien had a horrible night against the run, he couldn't tackle very well and his coverage skills are pathetic. To blame this loss entirely on the quarterback is bordering on insanity

DT88TheGreat
10-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Call it what yu want, Trevor leaves his defense out on the field for way too long due to his inability to create first downs. The loss is on Trevor.

wayninja
10-16-2017, 07:27 PM
I agree, siemien had a horrible night against the run, he couldn't tackle very well and his coverage skills are pathetic. To blame this loss entirely on the quarterback is bordering on insanity

That's true, he totally whiffed trying to tackle Jenkins.

Despite the Giants running game being better than all other teams combined, they only had, what, a buck twenty five in the air?

I Eat Staples
10-16-2017, 07:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxrRm_VI5Bs

BroncoWave
10-16-2017, 07:32 PM
That's true, he totally whiffed trying to tackle Jenkins.

Despite the Giants running game being better than all other teams combined, they only had, what, a buck twenty five in the air?

Honestly, our defense played well enough to win. Take off the pick-6, we only gave up 13 points. Our offense pretty much is 100% to blame for that loss IMO.

weazel
10-16-2017, 07:33 PM
Siemien also needs to kick field goals alot better than he has

wayninja
10-16-2017, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxrRm_VI5Bs

I think what he meant to say was "You can be a total shit quarterback in this league, and still get a ring".

wayninja
10-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Siemien also needs to kick field goals alot better than he has

Nah, as a placekicker, Siemian is fine.

DT88TheGreat
10-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Honestly, our defense played well enough to win. Take off the pick-6, we only gave up 13 points. Our offense pretty much is 100% to blame for that loss IMO.

Exactly, 13 points, but yet people are making it seem like oir defense got slaughtered lol. Questioning schemes and players smh.

DT88TheGreat
10-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Using lame.sarcasm doesn't change the fact that you are wrong as hell. The defense played well as usual, and as usual the Trevor led offense did NOTHING.

wayninja
10-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Exactly, 13 points, but yet people are making it seem like oir defense got slaughtered lol. Questioning schemes and players smh.

While I don't think the defense played as poorly as some suggest, even 13 points was giving up too much to an extremely one-dimensional Giants team.

We still should have won though, and the biggest culprits in our loss were semen and McAnus.

DT88TheGreat
10-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Giving up 13 point's to an actual NFL team is not too much dude. Just goes to show how dominating our defense is when you give up 13 pointsI, 125 yards passing and people are saying we got gashed lol.

How many kicks did McManus miss anyway?

BroncoWave
10-16-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm legit worried McManus might have the yips. Holy shit he's been bad this year. We'll be looking for a new kicker next year if this keeps up.

weazel
10-16-2017, 07:58 PM
We have 3 completely useless qb's, not sure what the answer is.

wayninja
10-16-2017, 07:59 PM

Clarity achieved.

I say just let them thunderdome the shit.

BroncoWave
10-16-2017, 07:59 PM

IMO, the answer is to stick with Siemian and hope our defense can carry us through what looks like a really week top of the NFL in the playoffs this year. Then make priority #1 finding a new guy this offseason.

wayninja
10-16-2017, 08:02 PM
IMO, the answer is to stick with Siemian and hope our defense can carry us through what looks like a really week top of the NFL in the playoffs this year. Then make priority #1 finding a new guy this offseason.

I'd be inclined to agree if there wasn't such a sharp decline over the past several weeks in his game. If he were just "meh" and stayed that way, I'd say ride it out... but I can't help but feel that we haven't seen bottom yet.

dogfish
10-16-2017, 08:45 PM
man, tough crowd around here. . . GC is a buddy of mine, but you don't gotta hold that against him-- would've been cool to see him get a bit warmer welcome. . . especially since he was right. . . we obviously did decide that the giants were another bye week without odell, and it did bite us in the ass. . .

agreed. . . i won't blame the LOM for trevor playing like crap, or mcmanus turning into trash. . . but when the entire team comes out as flat as possible after a bye, it does look like a coaching problem. . . it's his job to have 53 guys ready to play every week, and he didn't come close to getting that done. . . i've been impressed with vance, but also haven't forgotten that the ultimate dipshit loser managed to start out 6-0. . . sometimes, promising early returns are just that. . . now that the league has seen a little bit of our new braintrust, we'll see if they're really legit, or if we just had some initial success due to the smoke and mirrors effect. . . gonna be interesting to see if VJ can get them to bounce back quick from this debacle. . .

i will say that joe woods pissed down his leg last night. . . anyone with half a brain KNEW they were going to focus on engram in the passing game-- they didn't have anyone else! he was the one solid matchup they had, and we continuously let them exploit it. . . hell, chris harris even said they were planning to double him, and they couldn't get on the same page. . . how does that even happen? i know the overall numbers are still strong, but i'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about woods' ability to really maximize this group. . . they've still been stout, but we aren't getting the impact plays from them that we have in the past few years. . . if we can't find a way to generate some turnovers, you can pretty much write this season off now. . .

Cugel
10-16-2017, 08:56 PM

The defense gave up a bunch of big plays though. There were serious breakdowns. "Guys were running over the no-fly zone, so part of the blame is on them." Ray Crockett "Do we need to play better in all three phases? I know what a SB team looks like, smells like, feels like. I don't see that. We need to find a RT who will play and block. . . . Somebody. Because whenever I look at that RT I think: 'that doesn't look good. . . . Cause that was an Ole! block. I saw his man go 'whoosh!' right by him. And I thought to myself: was that an Ole?' This OL. On one play we got holding and choking on the same play. That was not good. But, it was a legit choke. He got a good hold on him. If you're going to choke, choke. They called Bolles on the choke and the G was holding."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2017, 09:02 PM

Im good with sticking with Trevor if he stops throwing picks

Cugel
10-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

This kind of B.S continues, and John Elway is going to get concerned. If this team fails to make the playoffs, Joseph could be on the hot seat pretty quickly next year. If it's a total crackup where they go on a prolonged losing streak, and he loses the locker room, which he probably would if the team not only continues to lose, but underperforms like they did last night. . . . .

This team was terrible on the road in Buffalo. They were terrible at home against the Giants. Now they start the extended road trip portion of their season. After 4 out of 5 games at home they play 7 out of 11 on the road from here on out, including the next three against the Chargers, Chiefs and NFC leading Eagles, and then home - against the Patriots.

They could seriously be 3 and 5 after 8 games. Seriously. Not at all impossible.

MOtorboat
10-17-2017, 12:25 AM
man, tough crowd around here. . . GC is a buddy of mine, but you don't gotta hold that against him-- would've been cool to see him get a bit warmer welcome. . . especially since he was right. . . we obviously did decide that the giants were another bye week without odell, and it did bite us in the ass. . .

agreed. . . i won't blame the LOM for trevor playing like crap, or mcmanus turning into trash. . . but when the entire team comes out as flat as possible after a bye, it does look like a coaching problem. . . it's his job to have 53 guys ready to play every week, and he didn't come close to getting that done. . . i've been impressed with vance, but also haven't forgotten that the ultimate dipshit loser managed to start out 6-0. . . sometimes, promising early returns are just that. . . now that the league has seen a little bit of our new braintrust, we'll see if they're really legit, or if we just had some initial success due to the smoke and mirrors effect. . . gonna be interesting to see if VJ can get them to bounce back quick from this debacle. . .

i will say that joe woods pissed down his leg last night. . . anyone with half a brain KNEW they were going to focus on engram in the passing game-- they didn't have anyone else! he was the one solid matchup they had, and we continuously let them exploit it. . . hell, chris harris even said they were planning to double him, and they couldn't get on the same page. . . how does that even happen? i know the overall numbers are still strong, but i'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about woods' ability to really maximize this group. . . they've still been stout, but we aren't getting the impact plays from them that we have in the past few years. . . if we can't find a way to generate some turnovers, you can pretty much write this season off now. . .

I felt like my response was perfect, and frankly, I'm a little pissed off no one saluted my damn brilliant comedy.

DT88TheGreat
10-17-2017, 03:45 AM
This kind of B.S continues, and John Elway is going to get concerned. If this team fails to make the playoffs, Joseph could be on the hot seat pretty quickly next year. If it's a total crackup where they go on a prolonged losing streak, and he loses the locker room, which he probably would if the team not only continues to lose, but underperforms like they did last night. . . . .

This team was terrible on the road in Buffalo. They were terrible at home against the Giants. Now they start the extended road trip portion of their season. After 4 out of 5 games at home they play 7 out of 11 on the road from here on out, including the next three against the Chargers, Chiefs and NFC leading Eagles, and then home - against the Patriots.

They could seriously be 3 and 5 after 8 games. Seriously. Not at all impossible.

A first year head coach on the hot seat after one season? Sorry but the Broncos aren't that kind of franchise, for you to even say that just shows you know nothing about the Broncos or John elway. This ain't the Brown's man we aren't switching coaches after a year.

dogfish
10-17-2017, 09:45 AM
I felt like my response was perfect, and frankly, I'm a little pissed off no one saluted my damn brilliant comedy.

damn you, MO!

Hawgdriver
10-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Major Tom?

By the way, I think GC would have received a more traditional welcome in the introduce yourself forum.

But I didn't see anyone being a dick, just running with a meme.

As in 'guy makes random NFL comment' and hilarity ensues

weazel
10-17-2017, 10:32 AM

if a post is longer than a couple sentences I skip it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2017, 10:48 AM

Sorry dude, it was all in fun. You gotta warn your bro about the nature of this site

dogfish
10-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Sorry dude, it was all in fun. You gotta warn your bro about the nature of this site

oh, no worries, i did tell him in advance that you're all asshats. . . :heh:

MOtorboat
10-17-2017, 11:20 AM

Mine was three words. :tsk:

NightTrainLayne
10-17-2017, 11:23 AM

Sometimes size does matter I guess.

Cugel
10-17-2017, 11:56 AM
A first year head coach on the hot seat after one season? Sorry but the Broncos aren't that kind of franchise, for you to even say that just shows you know nothing about the Broncos or John elway. This ain't the Brown's man we aren't switching coaches after a year.

How long did McDaniels last? Less than 2 years. John Fox coached the team to the SB in 2013. Next year they went 13-3 and had home field advantage in the playoffs, but lost in the first round to the Colts. Fox was fired. Kubiak won the SB. After 1 9-7 season he "retired" after Elway was going to fire a bunch of his assistant coaches.

There is ZERO tolerance for failure. This team was supposed to improve on 9-7 and compete for a Sb. The OL was supposedly strengthened, the DL was strengthened with Pecko. They added Jamaal Charles to add punch to the running game. They added depth to the WR corps. The TEs were supposed to be better.

If the wheels fall off the wagon and the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 there's a VERY good chance Elway concludes that VJ has lost the locker room. In that case the best thing to do will be to cut him loose and get another coach in here fast - BEFORE the defense declines to the point where their SB window is closed.

I'm not saying the wheels WILL fall off the wagon and they go 6-10, the team is too talented to do that, but if it did. . . .

Krugan
10-17-2017, 11:59 AM
There is a point where the GM starts looking bad too, and we arent that far off.

(and just dont, he has a job too)

Freyaka
10-17-2017, 12:00 PM
oh, no worries, i did tell him in advance that you're all asshats. . . :heh:

Asshats seems like to kind of a term. I won't stand for such flatter around here.

dogfish
10-17-2017, 12:17 PM

tl;dr

weazel
10-17-2017, 01:37 PM

yeah, in 3 separate sentences ;)

Valar Morghulis
10-17-2017, 01:59 PM
There is a point where the GM starts looking bad too, and we arent that far off.

(and just dont, he has a job too)

Lol, are you blaming elway for building a team that got to two superbowls, won one of them, had a record setting offense, and defense all in five years?

Or are you questioning the Joseph hire?

Krugan
10-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Lol, are you blaming elway for building a team that got to two superbowls, won one of them, had a record setting offense, and defense all in five years?

Let me play devils advocate i guess(just because).

LOL, are you saying the Gm is untouchable?

There is a issue that hasnt been "fixed" with multiple coaches, several players, different QBs.

Where does that ultimately land? Right in the lap of the guy who hires and fires. I was told it sucks to be the one leading, in reference to the QB. GUess the same applies for the guy in charge of the store. If there is a issue that cant be fixed with multiple changes, the constant might be your problem...

wayninja
10-17-2017, 04:43 PM

Was it a Joseph hire? Or a Rooney hire?

Makes you think.

BroncoJoe
10-17-2017, 04:59 PM
man, tough crowd around here. . . GC is a buddy of mine, but you don't gotta hold that against him-- would've been cool to see him get a bit warmer welcome. . .

Tell your sissy friend to come back.

DT88TheGreat
10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
How long did McDaniels last? Less than 2 years. John Fox coached the team to the SB in 2013. Next year they went 13-3 and had home field advantage in the playoffs, but lost in the first round to the Colts. Fox was fired. Kubiak won the SB. After 1 9-7 season he "retired" after Elway was going to fire a bunch of his assistant coaches.

There is ZERO tolerance for failure. This team was supposed to improve on 9-7 and compete for a Sb. The OL was supposedly strengthened, the DL was strengthened with Pecko. They added Jamaal Charles to add punch to the running game. They added depth to the WR corps. The TEs were supposed to be better.

If the wheels fall off the wagon and the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 there's a VERY good chance Elway concludes that VJ has lost the locker room. In that case the best thing to do will be to cut him loose and get another coach in here fast - BEFORE the defense declines to the point where their SB window is closed.

I'm not saying the wheels WILL fall off the wagon and they go 6-10, the team is too talented to do that, but if it did. . . .

What McDaniel did to this team and franchise is something no other coach is capable of doing. You are one weird guy tI even think vance would be on the hot seat after a year. I am done chatting with you bud, you are a delusional one obviously.

spikerman
10-17-2017, 08:33 PM
What McDaniel did to this team and franchise is something no other coach is capable of doing. You are one weird guy tI even think vance would be on the hot seat after a year. I am done chatting with you bud, you are a delusional one obviously.
Cugel, tell us your secret!

DT88TheGreat
10-17-2017, 08:36 PM

There is a issue that hasnt been "fixed" with multiple coaches, several players, different QBs.

Where does that ultimately land? Right in the lap of the guy who hires and fires. I was told it sucks to be the one leading, in reference to the QB. GUess the same applies for the guy in charge of the store. If there is a issue that cant be fixed with multiple changes, the constant might be your problem...

There is no doubt that elways drafting has been suspect, especially all the misses on the OL and then missing on the quarterback (brock). However he has done a good job building up a franchise into consistent winner's. Jury is still out on Paxton and then we have a 1st/2nd round talent in Kelly so we.will see if one of the two are his franchise quarterback. The one and only reason we are so poor on offense is because we don't have a franchise quarterback playing.

Krugan
10-18-2017, 08:49 AM
There is no doubt that elways drafting has been suspect, especially all the misses on the OL and then missing on the quarterback (brock). However he has done a good job building up a franchise into consistent winner's. Jury is still out on Paxton and then we have a 1st/2nd round talent in Kelly so we.will see if one of the two are his franchise quarterback. The one and only reason we are so poor on offense is because we don't have a franchise quarterback playing.

there is more to it than a "franchise" QB.

But its beating a dead horse, or a dead lineman.

Slick
10-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Stud QBs don't grow on trees.

wayninja
10-18-2017, 10:21 AM
Yep. The rumors of a Luck trade or even more laughable Rodgers are hilarious.

dogfish
10-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Tell your sissy friend to come back.

lol. . . he's a grown man, joe, i don't tell him what to do. . . more so, i would assume he's just annoyed about that game like the rest of us, and will probably pop back in at some point. . .

wayninja
10-18-2017, 11:57 AM
lol. . . he's a grown man, joe, i don't tell him what to do. . . more so, i would assume he's just annoyed about that game like the rest of us, and will probably pop back in at some point. . .

I, for one, look forward to hearing more categorization of easily observed things.

spikerman
10-18-2017, 04:41 PM

No, no we don’t.

Cugel
10-20-2017, 09:15 PM

There's really nobody able to fire John Elway. Back when Pat Bowlen was mentally competent he could have done something, but who is exercising authority on behalf of the Bowlen family? The NFL has punted on naming the person who is going to succeed Pat. They just announced that this year after the league meeting. "No hurry" was the official word, or near enough.

Is his good buddy Joe Ellis going to do it? The team would have to be horrible this year and next for anything like that to happen, and still most likely Elway would voluntarily resign before they fired him.

Cugel
10-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Yep. The rumors of a Luck trade or even more laughable Rodgers are hilarious.

It's weird actually. You see idiots like D-Mac arguing seriously that Luck's career is "over" due to injury, and that he, the incomparable D-Mac, wouldn't offer a used pizza box for Andrew Luck.

Back in the world of reality, the Colts would never consider trading him. There were similarly stupid rumours about Philip Rivers being traded this summer.

D-Mac and Alfred Williams actually asked Chargers coach Anthony Lynn about a Rivers trade. Lynn just laughed politely and pointed out that he had no intention of trading their franchise QB for much the same reasons the Broncos wanted him. He's actually good.

If the game comes down to who has the hotter passer the Broncos have no chance at all. Hopefully it will come down to which team can run the ball and play defense better. We'll see.

wayninja
10-20-2017, 10:02 PM
It's weird actually. You see idiots like D-Mac arguing seriously that Luck's career is "over" due to injury, and that he, the incomparable D-Mac, wouldn't offer a used pizza box for Andrew Luck.

Back in the world of reality, the Colts would never consider trading him. There were similarly stupid rumours about Philip Rivers being traded this summer.

D-Mac and Alfred Williams actually asked Chargers coach Anthony Lynn about a Rivers trade. Lynn just laughed politely and pointed out that he had no intention of trading their franchise QB for much the same reasons the Broncos wanted him. He's actually good.

If the game comes down to who has the hotter passer the Broncos have no chance at all. Hopefully it will come down to which team can run the ball and play defense better. We'll see.

Indeed. There is a reason why Stafford is the highest paid player in the league. And it's certainly not because he's the best.

Valar Morghulis
10-21-2017, 12:55 AM

We must have different expectations on what good enough looks like. Sans New England not one single franchise has been concurrently dominant in the modern era. However, we are one of the most winningest franchises in football, and won a Superbowl two years ago thanks to a defense put together by the gm two years after building the most eclectic offense in history.

Do I think we are a great football team this year, nope. But to talk about moving on from elway is crazy to me

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2017, 09:50 AM
Do people still listen to that idiot Dmac?

Fire Elway? WTF?

BeefStew25
10-21-2017, 01:55 PM

Fire Elway? WTF?

He’s a drama queen.

Nomad
10-21-2017, 02:06 PM

Fire Elway? WTF?

Surprised Big Al hasn't choked him yet. Dmac just looks like a guy you'd want to punch.

BeefStew25
10-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Surprised Big Al hasn't choked him yet. Dmac just looks like a guy you'd want to punch.

He’s like Joe.

Cugel
10-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Cugel, tell us your secret!

?????

spikerman
10-22-2017, 01:18 PM
?????

To make Yash go away.

Cugel
10-22-2017, 01:21 PM

Actually, Big Al said that after the very first segment he had to do on air with DMac he was so furious with him that he stormed into the producers' office and insisted that if they ever put that guy on the air with him, he would punch him in the face. DMac apparently had to apologize over and over before they could work together.

If it had been me and I was big Al, I might have punched DMac in the face just on general principles because he's such an enormous tool-bag. But, that's just me. They make a lot of money together now so they're good.

Cugel
10-22-2017, 01:37 PM

Yet some fans never can manage to wrap their tiny little brains around that concept.

About 1/2 the Qbs drafted in the first round are busts. Most of the QBs taken in the second round never develop into long term successful starters, and almost all the QBs drafted after the 2nd round are backups or short-timers in the NFL.

So, it wouldn't be a surprise if Trevor, Paxton, and Brock Osweiler, (as well as Chad Kelly and Kyle Sloter) all turned out to be total busts. Just like Christian Hackenberg (2nd round - Jets), Garrett Grayson 3rd round New Orleans Saints, Sean Mannion 3rd round Rams, Bryce Petty Jets, Brett Hundley Green Bay Packers, 5th round, taken in the same draft as Trevor Siemian are unlikely to ever tear up the NFL.

The only point of that comparison is to note that while fans know everything about Trevor Siemian, they know almost nothing about Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson, just because those stiffs are on other teams riding the bench where they will probably stay until they leave the league. So, fans expect more of Trevor.

And Trevor has exceeded expectations, which were nothing. The only question is "how far can he exceed expectations?" Cause right now he's shaping up as Kyle Orton part II. Makes some nice plays on occasion, and can win a game or two if nothing depends on him making key plays, but in the end they'll run him out of town.

And then he'll probably wind up in Buffalo, cause that's where former Broncos QBs seem to end up (Tyrod Taylor too).

Cugel
10-22-2017, 01:45 PM
I mean, how long has Buffalo been trying to replace Jim Kelly? Retired about the mid 90's so it's been a while. Jacksonville has never had a very good QB. Detroit? Look at their QB history:

2011-present Matthew Stafford (16)
2010 Shaun Hill (10) / Matthew Stafford (3) / Drew Stanton (3)
2009 Matthew Stafford (10) / Daunte Culpepper (5) / Drew Stanton (1)
2008 Dan Orlovsky (7) / Daunte Culpepper (5) / Jon Kitna (4)
2007 Jon Kitna (16)
2006 Jon Kitna (16)
2005 Joey Harrington (11) / Jeff Garcia (5)
2004 Joey Harrington (16)
2003 Joey Harrington (16)
2002 Joey Harrington (12) / Mike McMahon (4)
2001 Charlie Batch (9) / Ty Detmer (4) / Mike McMahon (3)
2000 Charlie Batch (15) / Stoney Case (1)

Prior to Matt Stafford that was a long list of crappola. And it wasn't all drafting failures. It's just not easy to find a franchise QB. Usually teams have to have a top 5 pick to get a good candidate, and not all of them pan out.

Who was the most successful late round QB in recent history? Russell Wilson drafted 1 round behind Brock. But, 32 teams passed on him twice and most three times. Clearly, if they had any clue what he could do he'd have been a first rounder. The knock on him was that he was "too short" - not a giraffe, so apparently he didn't get to the top of Elway's list, and a bunch of other NFL GMs didn't want him either.

Given how hard it is to draft and develop a franchise QB I wouldn't be surprised if Elway tries to find a veteran FA next year, like he kicked the tires on Tony Romo last off-season. Tony wanted too much money, and not getting it, decided to retire. But, next year, who knows? Enter the sweepstakes to sign Kirk Cousins at $25M a year?

I don't know the answer. But, if Trevor isn't the answer, likely the answer is not on the roster right now.

Nomad
10-22-2017, 02:13 PM
He’s like Joe.

Poor Joe.

MOtorboat
10-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Remember when Cugel flipped out when Brock left?

Cugel
10-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Remember when Cugel flipped out when Brock left?

Yup! I thought Elway mishandled that situation. As it turned out, his ****-up was a stroke of good fortune of course. Elway thought a lot of Osweiler too since he offered him $13m a year.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2017, 12:29 AM
Was this still “just a loss”?

Cugel
10-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Was this still “just a loss”?

Just another loss in which you shit-can the starting QB and go to the terrorized rabbit as your new starter -- for a road game against the 7-1 Eagles. OK.

wayninja
10-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Nah, you stick with the Vance Joseph school of coaching and change absolutely nothing.