PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Starting early this week out of the bye, since there's no game from yesterday to talk about. Here's Coach Joseph:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: The Giants are a “good football team” with a “Hall of Fame-type quarterback” … “Trap game? I don’t see it that way."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph: The message after the bye was to do “more” … particularly in effort, details, focus & commitment.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

At practice, Vance Joseph wore a shirt that said "MORE" in all caps. His message to the team after the bye: "Do more."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "I've been impressed with Will Parks. It hasn't been perfect but he learns from his mistakes."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph said that Jake Butt and Shane Ray will practice next Monday.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "hopefully Paxton can have a brief throwing session on Thursday or Friday"

GEM
10-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.

They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 03:03 PM
By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...

GEM
10-09-2017, 03:12 PM
They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.

If we're talking a ladder, Lynch doesn't have a rung, Oz is the first rung. Neither are good, but one is definitely worse than the other. :tape:

GEM
10-09-2017, 03:13 PM
By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...

I didn't hear about it til late last night, with no Broncos on, I had a very non football day. :lol:

BroncoWave
10-09-2017, 03:17 PM
The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 03:57 PM
The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.

They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.

BroncoWave
10-09-2017, 04:10 PM
They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.

Isn't Marshall supposed to be out this week too?

NightTrainLayne
10-09-2017, 04:26 PM
All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.

BroncoWave
10-09-2017, 04:28 PM
All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.

That's kinda how I'm feeling. The matchup just feels too good to be true. You know these new WRs will be playing their asses off trying to prove they deserve a spot, so hopefully our secondary isn't taking them lightly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2017, 04:43 PM

He was nonexistent even when he was healthy. I had him on my ff team. He was virtually non-existent. He probably has around 100 yards on the whole season

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Yes but he's not on IR, so they can't replace his roster spot. He'll just be inactive

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Klis says we're wearing all blue uniforms for this game. Yeah!

MOtorboat
10-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Yay! Onsies!

Slick
10-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Klis says we're wearing all blue uniforms for this game. Yeah!

Yuck.

spikerman
10-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Uh oh, the dreaded, “this is not a trap game.” That can only mean that this is a trap game. Denver is going to struggle in this one,

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Uh oh, the dreaded, “this is not a trap game.” That can only mean that this is a trap game. Denver is going to struggle in this one,

Hopefully they'll learn from their Buffalo experience. This is a prime time home game - they should be amped up.

Side note - the only "trap game" I see for this team is the Eagles game sandwiched between a Monday nighter at KC and a Sunday nighter vs the Patriots

VonDoom
10-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Yay! Onsies!

I knew you'd be excited about this

MOtorboat
10-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I knew you'd be excited about this

These are what should be worn when the Broncos wear Blue. Honor that team!

BroncoJoe
10-09-2017, 06:02 PM
These are what should be worn when the Broncos wear Blue. Honor that team!

We agree.

:puke:

BroncoWave
10-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Yay! Onsies!

Triggered!

MOtorboat
10-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Triggered!

It could be worse. Look up what Florida is going to wear this week.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2017, 09:22 PM
ENGLEWOOD - The Denver Broncos will be missing their best special teams players for another game or so after Cody Latimer underwent a blood injection procedure in his right knee last week.

Latimer has been bothered since the start of preseason with patella tendinitis in his right knee. He still was excelling as a kickoff returner, where he ranks second in the NFL with a 28.4-yard average, and as a gunner on punt and kickoff coverage.

His knee condition became aggravated while playing on the Buffalo Bills’ artificial surface in week 3 and Latimer did not play in the Broncos’ week 4 win last week against the Oakland Raiders.

He underwent a Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) procedure during the bye week. Blood was drawn from his arm, then the blood was spun in a device. The blood is separated and the plasma, platelets and red and white blood cells were injected into his knee.

“It was lingering and it was the bye week so we decided to get it done,’’ Latimer said Monday.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/latimer-to-miss-week-or-two-after-blood-injection-procedure-on-knee/482038779

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 07:50 AM
It could be worse. Look up what Florida is going to wear this week.

Seriously. What the hell is this?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20973366/florida-unveils-new-gator-inspired-uniforms

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Yes but he's not on IR, so they can't replace his roster spot. He'll just be inactive

Update on this - Marshall (the one on the Giants) is going to IR, so they're bringing up another practice squad WR. Maybe not coincidentally, but we're 12 point favorites in this game, which makes me very uncomfortable.

Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY 49m49 minutes ago

The Giants are expected to promote WR Ed Eagan from their practice squad today, a source confirms (and as @JamesKratch said earlier).

Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY 48m48 minutes ago

So the Giants WR corps on Sunday could be Roger Lewis, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph and Ed Eagan.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Seriously. What the hell is this?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20973366/florida-unveils-new-gator-inspired-uniforms

That looks like a Boise State uniform

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Marshall is having season ending surgery. Lewis is pretty much all they have left. Shepard doesn't look like a good option either since he may not be ready to go. They are going to have to sign several WR's fast.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Update on this - Marshall (the one on the Giants) is going to IR, so they're bringing up another practice squad WR. Maybe not coincidentally, but we're 12 point favorites in this game, which makes me very uncomfortable.

The Giants are expected to promote WR Ed Eagan from their practice squad today, a source confirms (and as @JamesKratch said earlier).

So the Giants WR corps on Sunday could be Roger Lewis, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph and Ed Eagan.

I had high hopes for King when he was with us.

NightTrainLayne
10-10-2017, 11:32 AM

I'm going to claim this Ed Eagan guy for my fantasy team. He'll likely torch us.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm going to claim this Ed Eagan guy for my fantasy team. He'll likely torch us.

I'm trying to claim Lewis, IMO he's the most likely to burn us if anyone will. He's been on the team and participating previously and has had time to develop more chemistry with Eli.

slim
10-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Evan Engram is going to have a big day.

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Evan Engram is going to have a big day.

TE's always give us trouble, but Engram is basically a slightly bigger WR. One of our corners should be fine on him.

I predict Shane Vereen gets the most targets from Eli, FWIW

Hawgdriver
10-10-2017, 01:13 PM
I predict Shane Vereen gets the most targets from Eli, FWIW

Smart money is on Harris, Jr.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Smart money is on Harris, Jr.

I predict a stat like of 3 for 95 and 2 TD for Talib this week.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 02:24 PM
12 points? Damn.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 02:30 PM
12 points? Damn.

I mean, he's gotta get that record this year, who better to throw him some pick sixes than Eli. That man is to interceptions what Peyton Manning is to Touchdowns.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 02:44 PM
I mean, he's gotta get that record this year, who better to throw him some pick sixes than Eli. That man is to interceptions what Peyton Manning is to Touchdowns.

Yeah - I was talking about the spread. Not sure I like the 12 point giveaway there. The Giants have major problems on offense, but their defense is still a bit better than OK.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Yeah - I was talking about the spread. Not sure I like the 12 point giveaway there. The Giants have major problems on offense, but their defense is still a bit better than OK.

It's not actually though. They have zero pass rush (8 sacks so far this year) 26th overall defense, 17th against the pass, they've given up 10 passing TD's (more than us) and only have in INT.

There really is not a single thing the Giants excel at which is why they are 0-4.

In theory...we should probably win by 50 points. But any given sunday an opponent can play above and beyond their rank so... who knows.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 03:17 PM
It's not actually though. They have zero pass rush (8 sacks so far this year) 26th overall defense, 17th against the pass, they've given up 10 passing TD's (more than us) and only have in INT.

There really is not a single thing the Giants excel at which is why they are 0-4.

In theory...we should probably win by 50 points. But any given sunday an opponent can play above and beyond their rank so... who knows.

I'm not into the "trap game" theory, but as someone else mentioned, the Broncos have a history of playing either up or down to their competition. Let's hope this new coaching staff nips that in the butt.

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 03:23 PM
The Giants have also lost their last three games by five or fewer points. And we rarely blow teams out. Not sure why we would think this is the week

Buff
10-10-2017, 03:25 PM
The Giants have also lost their last three games by five or fewer points. And we rarely blow teams out. Not sure why we would think this is the week

I don't remember being favored by this much since the Jags came in a few years ago to face the juggernaut Manning offense.

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 03:31 PM
I don't remember being favored by this much since the Jags came in a few years ago to face the juggernaut Manning offense.

I remember that game well. We were much bigger favorites, though, I think 26 points or something insane like that. I remember the fans booing when we were only up by two at halftime. No game should be treated as an "easy" win in this league.

Buff
10-10-2017, 03:36 PM
I remember that game well. We were much bigger favorites, though, I think 26 points or something insane like that. I remember the fans booing when we were only up by two at halftime. No game should be treated as an "easy" win in this league.

I went and looked it up - 27 points, biggest spread in NFL history. https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2013/10/14/biggest-point-spreads-nfl-history#1

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 03:44 PM

I don't disagree with you, like I said, any given sunday and all that. But if we were ever going to blow a team out, it would be this team. We probably won't because as you mentioned, we often play at the level of our opponents (we're nice like that I guess). But in theory, on paper, we should decimate them.

Davii
10-10-2017, 03:53 PM
That's kinda how I'm feeling. The matchup just feels too good to be true. You know these new WRs will be playing their asses off trying to prove they deserve a spot, so hopefully our secondary isn't taking them lightly.

My concern is that there isn't any tape for our secondary to go over, scout, etc. It will be WRs who haven't played there before more or less... I'm sure they're ready for it, and up for it, it just bothers me a little.

VonDoom
10-10-2017, 03:58 PM
My concern is that there isn't any tape for our secondary to go over, scout, etc. It will be WRs who haven't played there before more or less... I'm sure they're ready for it, and up for it, it just bothers me a little.

Great point, and something I was thinking about earlier. These guys might not be good, but we have no idea what they're going to do, since there are no trends yet. We'll have to react more and that's always a concern. Kind of like when a guy is making his first start in baseball and he looks good because no one knows anything about him.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Great point, and something I was thinking about earlier. These guys might not be good, but we have no idea what they're going to do, since there are no trends yet. We'll have to react more and that's always a concern. Kind of like when a guy is making his first start in baseball and he looks good because no one knows anything about him.

The only comment I'll make about this is they (the Giants) aren't going to change their entire playbook. They will run the same plays, receivers running the same routes, etc.

Freyaka
10-10-2017, 04:37 PM
The only comment I'll make about this is they (the Giants) aren't going to change their entire playbook. They will run the same plays, receivers running the same routes, etc.

No, but when a WR runs a route a lot of routes include WR options to take one of several routes in the tree depending on the coverage. With film on a WR they can know what their tendencies are in a given situation. We don't have that advantage this week. At the same time though, Eli isn't going to have that chemistry of knowing what his receiver is going to do in those situations either so it really balances out. (look at the issues Oz was having last year with DeAndre Hopkins and expecting him to take one route option based on the situation and he would take other options instead, similar situation here)

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 04:39 PM
No, but when a WR runs a route a lot of routes include WR options to take one of several routes in the tree depending on the coverage. With film on a WR they can know what their tendencies are in a given situation. We don't have that advantage this week. At the same time though, Eli isn't going to have that chemistry of knowing what his receiver is going to do in those situations either so it really balances out. (look at the issues Oz was having last year with DeAndre Hopkins and expecting him to take one route option based on the situation and he would take other options instead, similar situation here)

I think you meant yes, not no.

Based on your comments above, we should beat them by 30 points. Thanks for the encouragement!

MOtorboat
10-10-2017, 06:20 PM

Based on your comments above, we should beat them by 30 points. Thanks for the encouragement!

No, they won't change the playbook.

:yo:

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 09:51 AM

Mo already has this covered below me, I meant it like I said it.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2017, 09:59 AM
No, they won't change the playbook.

:yo:

Mo already has this covered below me, I meant it like I said it.

Based on my statement that you replied to, the proper response would be yes - they won't change their playbook. As in, you agree with my statement. Or, said "No, they won't".

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Things continue to go well for the Giants, I see:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 8m8 minutes ago

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had a convo with Ben McAdoo earlier this week. He came in today and decided to leave team. He's been suspended.

MOtorboat
10-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Based on my statement that you replied to, the proper response would be yes - they won't change their playbook. As in, you agree with my statement. Or, said "No, they won't".

Good grief, Joe. Why would the Giants do a complete overhaul of their offense because they have new receivers?

slim
10-11-2017, 12:59 PM

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had a convo with Ben McAdoo earlier this week. He came in today and decided to leave team. He's been suspended.

I hope the suspend a few more starters before Sunday.

NightTrainLayne
10-11-2017, 01:01 PM
McAdoo is really working some magic there.

Davii
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Wow. What the hell is going on up there?

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Wow. What the hell is going on up there?

I mean, the WR injury parade was something that they couldn't do anything about. But as the team, which came into the season with high hopes, continues to fall apart, a lot of stuff comes to the surface. Beckham was already a head case, then did the peeing dog routine (now he's hurt, so it's irrelevant, but it just delays talk radio fodder like, "should the Giants give OBJ a huge contract?"). McAdoo has been roasted a lot in the media and I get the sense that he's kind of lost that locker room. I don't know exactly what happened here with DRC, though it should be noted that they benched Eli Apple last week for DRC, who was also pretty unhappy about that and now has to get back out there given this suspension. Just a bad downward spiral right now.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Good grief, Joe. Why would the Giants do a complete overhaul of their offense because they have new receivers?

That's what I said, shortround. Yes means you agree.

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Some more stuff on DRC:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

#Giants CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had words with coach Ben McAdoo after being pulled in Sunday’s game, sources say. It continued today

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

It got heated. DRC has been a good soldier, playing the slot, doing what was asked. As competitive as he is, getting pulled was too much.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

The issue between DRC and McAdoo and the coaches was never resolved Sunday. It continued today until the suspension and departure. Crazy.

Timmy!
10-11-2017, 01:33 PM
That team is in full blown disarray. If we lose Sunday I will gargle a shotgun.

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

Cody Latimer not practicing. Again he's expected to miss a couple of weeks @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles, Aqib Talib observing but getting their vet practice off. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Domata Peko also getting vet day. #9sports

dogfish
10-11-2017, 02:00 PM
McAdoo is really working some magic there.

more like McAdon't, amirite?

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 02:39 PM

I'm so dumbfounded, what is going on in New York lol, not even the browns melt down this bad.

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Vance Joseph: “We had our best Wednesday of the year today.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4s4 seconds ago

Key to #Broncos fast starts defensively. Have not allowed a point in first quarter. "It's game planning. We are throwing curveballs early"

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 02:50 PM

Vance Joseph: “We had our best Wednesday of the year today.”

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4s4 seconds ago

Key to #Broncos fast starts defensively. Have not allowed a point in first quarter. "It's game planning. We are throwing curveballs early"

I'm not worried about early coach, what are you doing about mid to late? That's what I'd like to see improved going forward.

VonDoom
10-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 47s47 seconds ago

QB Paxton Lynch just made 15 throws -- first time on practice field since shoulder injury Aug 19. #9news

dogfish
10-11-2017, 04:16 PM

QB Paxton Lynch just made 15 throws -- first time on practice field since shoulder injury Aug 19. #9news

*shudders*

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 04:41 PM

Thus re-starts #LynchWatch2017...unfortunately.

MOtorboat
10-11-2017, 06:27 PM
That's what I said, shortround. Yes means you agree.

Settle down grandpa. That post was a joke.

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 06:34 PM

No as in no you are right, they won't change their playbook. Why are we arguing this Joe? Are you really that bored today?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-11-2017, 07:56 PM

Interesting, their pass defense is actually good this year. I may need to re-evaluate starting DT

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

Cody Latimer not practicing. Again he's expected to miss a couple of weeks @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles, Aqib Talib observing but getting their vet practice off. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Domata Peko also getting vet day. #9sports

Hmmm, maybe being without DRC doesn’t hurt their pass defense.

We almost missed out on Talib....

Shazam!
10-12-2017, 07:30 AM
I think they should win this game by 40+ because the NYG are awful, but historically games that Denver should win easily they struggled. Hopefully that is in the past and VJ has them primed.

The Giants had some bad breaks but they're 0-5 for a reason.

Cugel
10-12-2017, 09:58 AM

I don't. I remember Osweiler from his horrible stint in Houston. I know Denver fans remember that he had some decent games for us, and I was butt hurt when he signed with the Texans. But, that was only 7 games he started here. Then he got that ginormous contract with a guaranteed $37 million and went out and threw 13 Tds and 16 INTs with a passer rating of 72.

He was so horrible they gave up a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him at a time when Tom Savage was their only other possible starter. So, right now I'm going to say a silent prayer that Trevor stays healthy, because Osweiler can't play dead in a western.

He was one of those guys who generate absurd expectations based on a limited sample size. Then he gets the big deal and everybody is all excited to see what he can do with a full season as the starter. But, defenses start figuring out what he can do well, so they take that away and force him to do things he doesn't do well - and in Osweiler's case that's a lot.

Plus, he's a hot-head and got into blazing rows with Kubiak when he was benched for Manning, and then in Houston he got into screaming matches with coach Bill O'Brien. In Osweiler's defense O'Brien is a hot-head himself who always fights with his QBs, so it's not just on Osweiler. But, in this case, you can see O'Brien's point. "You just can't keep throwing stupid picks dude! We've got a great defense, but you're killing us here!" Osweiler clearly was not happy about receiving this kind of criticism.

Then he went to Cleveland and sucked his way out of town, despite the fact that their starting QB is DeShone Kiser who has a 50% completion percentage, 3 TDs and 9 Ints, and a passer rating of 49. They figured if they're going to suck at QB it might as well be with a rookie QB who might possibly get better with experience rather than with Osweiler who clearly is not ever going to be a quality NFL starter.

Cugel
10-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Some more stuff on DRC:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

#Giants CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had words with coach Ben McAdoo after being pulled in Sunday’s game, sources say. It continued today

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

It got heated. DRC has been a good soldier, playing the slot, doing what was asked. As competitive as he is, getting pulled was too much.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

The issue between DRC and McAdoo and the coaches was never resolved Sunday. It continued today until the suspension and departure. Crazy.

The word out of NY is that McAdoo might be fired after this game if the Giants get blown out. There's speculation in the NY media:

ESPN's Mike Golic: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- It is getting worse by the minute. Each day that passes, the train wreck that is the New York Giants' 2017 season only gets uglier.

Ultimately it lands on Ben McAdoo. He's the head coach of a winless team that, from a distance, seems to be spiraling out of control.

The NY media is totally cold and ruthless. The Yankees are in the playoffs almost every year, the Giants were expected to compete for the division and here they are 0-5.

Rogers-Cromartie never had any problems here. This is just a dysfunctional coaching situation.

Joel
10-12-2017, 10:51 AM
The word out of NY is that McAdoo might be fired after this game if the Giants get blown out. There's speculation in the NY media:

The NY media is totally cold and ruthless. The Yankees are in the playoffs almost every year, the Giants were expected to compete for the division and here they are 0-5.

Rogers-Cromartie never had any problems here. This is just a dysfunctional coaching situation.
At least they got rid of that bum who won them two championships against NE*, with a host of offensive stars who never did anything anywhere else before nor since. :rolleyes:

VonDoom
10-12-2017, 12:19 PM
At least they got rid of that bum who won them two championships against NE*, with a host of offensive stars who never did anything anywhere else before nor since. :rolleyes:

In fairness, the Coughlin era had plateaued. I would have gone outside the organization rather than move up the vanilla McAdoo, but I think a change was due.

VonDoom
10-12-2017, 12:20 PM

I live in NY, so I know how the media is. And yeah, I think McAdoo is a goner but I don't know that they do it in season. The Giants are usually not reactionary, but I think he's losing the team (or has already lost it) and that bodes badly for how they go forward from here.

VonDoom
10-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 19s19 seconds ago

Vance Joseph says the WRs the Giants will put on the field can play. Mentions former Broncos draft pick Tavarres King.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now18 seconds ago

#Broncos have no big play TDs in passing game. But Joseph not concerned about stats w Sanders and DT @DenverChannel

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 35s36 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is still no timeline for Paxton Lynch's return to practice. Just cleared to throw, and only short passes, this week.

VonDoom
10-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

OC Mike McCoy on Jake Butt. "I wish every rookie had his mindset" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15s15 seconds ago

McCoy said WRs want to win and want the ball. Believes it will take care of itself as season evolves @DenverChannel

VonDoom
10-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Landon Collins had been on the injury report all week but he's not listed as out already. And this doesn't include the people who went to IR, like OBJ and Marshall. But look at this inactive list for the Giants already - holy cow:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 1h1 hour ago

OUT for Giants on Sunday: Jonathan Casillas, Olivier Vernon, WR Sterling Shepard, DE Romeo Okwara, RB Paul Perkins, C Weston Richburg. Ouch!

Freyaka
10-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Landon Collins had been on the injury report all week but he's not listed as out already. And this doesn't include the people who went to IR, like OBJ and Marshall. But look at this inactive list for the Giants already - holy cow:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 1h1 hour ago

OUT for Giants on Sunday: Jonathan Casillas, Olivier Vernon, WR Sterling Shepard, DE Romeo Okwara, RB Paul Perkins, C Weston Richburg. Ouch!

The part about this that worries me...With that many people out, we're going to be facing basically a brand new team. The Giants haven't fielded most of these players so while the plays, ect... are going to be similar tendencies will not.

I feel like we're going to win this, theoretically we should win this by a lot, but man I can't help but have an uneasy feeling about all of this.

VonDoom
10-13-2017, 12:17 PM

Broncos WR Cody Latimer (knee) and QB Paxton Lynch (shoulder) are OUT vs. Giants on Sunday.

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2017, 01:14 PM
This Sunday... Broncos can win the tiebreaker against NY Giants. They are tied at 6-6.

If Broncos win this Sunday... Broncos will lead series for the first time in Broncos-Giants history. NY Giants was leading the series since 1972. History will be made this Sunday!

7DnBrnc53
10-13-2017, 01:44 PM
I live in NY, so I know how the media is. And yeah, I think McAdoo is a goner but I don't know that they do it in season. The Giants are usually not reactionary, but I think he's losing the team (or has already lost it) and that bodes badly for how they go forward from here.

That's ashame. I used to know him (he worked at my local YMCA in PA in the 90's). Surprisingly enough, he grew up a Broncos fan. Ben told me that his aunt and uncle took him to the Dec. 1997 Denver@Steelers game (he said that he didn't wear any Bronco gear at Three Rivers).

VonDoom
10-13-2017, 02:12 PM
This Sunday... Broncos can win the tiebreaker against NY Giants. They are tied at 6-6.

If Broncos win this Sunday... Broncos will lead series for the first time in Broncos-Giants history. NY Giants was leading the series since 1972. History will be made this Sunday!

Cool historical fact! I looked it up and as part of going 6-6 against them, we are 4-1 at Mile High.