PDA

View Full Version : Annoying little trend about this team....

Broncoknight30
10-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Started out with week 1. Broncos dominating, up 24-7. Things are going great, and defense is dominating. 5 minutes after we were all feeling good about that, all of a sudden it is 24-21 and the Broncos are reeling. The defense is completely breaking down and they had to survive to win it.

Even in week 2 against the Cowboys. Broncos up, 35 to 10. The Cowboys score, a bit of a coverage breakdown with Simmons. Ok, that happens. All of a sudden, again the offense goes into the tank. It is not able to convert any 3rd downs. The Cowboys are driving. Remember, it was a 103 yard int return. The Cowboys were driving and really in control of the game over the last half quarter or so. Maybe more.

The Bills game. Broncos are not getting exactly dominated. The game is in reach, and the offense at some point in the 3rd and 4th quarters was completely inept. Now, granted the Bills look pretty legit this year. Still flying under the radar a bit, but with them shutting down the Falcons in Atlanta this week, well they are a team to be reckoned with this year. However, the Broncos offensive ineptitude in the second half against the Bills was the 3rd straight game they did that.

Now against the Raiders. Broncos in really complete control. Broncos get a gift wrapped first down inside their 20 yard line. Can put the game away with a mere FG, but they really need a TD. They come away with ZERO points. Broncos need to survive a back up QB who was looking like Brady against the Falcons in the SB up until that int. Again, 4 games in a row where the offense actually looks ok and then fades into a something that resembles an offense led by Craig Morton in 1980, then something dynamic.

Disturbing trend. Both on offense and defense.

BroncoWave
10-02-2017, 10:35 AM
This team is kinda reminding me of those shanahan teams that would look awesome for those first 15 scripted plays, then just fall apart as the game went on. Definitely not the best trend.

tripp
10-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Siemian is beginning to look worse and worse as the games go on. Are teams figuring him out? Is he cracking under pressure? Play calls? What is it? I don't understand it but it's alarming when you can't put teams away as OP has stated. All 3 games we have won, we should have won by 21+ points, but we keep them in games because of failed 3rd down calls, and offense not staying on the field long enough.

CrazyHorse
10-02-2017, 07:11 PM
This team is kinda reminding me of those shanahan teams that would look awesome for those first 15 scripted plays, then just fall apart as the game went on. Definitely not the best trend.

Yes. This had me wondering if McCoy is doing the same thing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Yes. This had me wondering if McCoy is doing the same thing.

Joseph said the are believers in scripted plays, the first 15 or so.

nevcraw
10-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Statistically speaking this observation or opinion is well too small of a sample size to consider a trend.

Broncoknight30
10-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Statistically speaking this observation or opinion is well too small of a sample size to consider a trend.

4 games is a quarter of a season. It is a trend. Small or not.

NightTerror218
10-05-2017, 01:20 PM
This is a trend has McCoy did this in SD. In the lead in 2nd half goea conservative to kill as much time as possible. This was why SD lost so many games in 4th quarter and why teams keep climbing back into games.

Broncoknight30
10-06-2017, 03:20 AM
This is a trend has McCoy did this in SD. In the lead in 2nd half goea conservative to kill as much time as possible. This was why SD lost so many games in 4th quarter and why teams keep climbing back into games.

I really don't have a problem with the call for running and spinning the clock with a lead. Ask Atlanta fans how valuable that is. It really is a effective and most of the times we don't see it when it works. It would probably amaze people how much time a team has if a team is not working on the clock. It is like the prevent defense. We all see when it does not work. Most of the time it does work and most of us don't see the effects.

I have a problem with the execution or lack there of by this team in crunch time. I forgot which NBA coach said this, but the quote has something to with a player that is able to hit pressure free throws with 2 minutes left as compared to when there is not pressure. The Broncos offense with Siemian seems to execute in the beginning (apparently scripted plays) when there is little pressure to convert 3rd downs. Then as the game goes on and the heat is turned up the offense (Siemian) does not execute plays consistently.

Granted, it takes a special type of QB to do that. I really believe that is what sets great QBs apart from the rest. If we notice, Siemian becomes less effective when the heat is on and the team NEEDS to move the chains. That goes for the end the half as well as the 4th quarter.

I could be way off with what I am seeing too. It certainly seems that way.

nevcraw
10-06-2017, 08:47 AM
4 games is a quarter of a season. It is a trend. Small or not.
so you know nothing about statistics then.. and since it didn't happen in Dallas game you are down to three.

Broncoknight30
10-06-2017, 09:55 AM
so you know nothing about statistics then.. and since it didn't happen in Dallas game you are down to three.
I pointed out how it also happened in the Dallas game. Midway through the 3rd quarter till the end of the game, the offense did not execute consistently.

Missed the game?

LawDog
10-06-2017, 10:30 AM
I pointed out how it also happened in the Dallas game. Midway through the 3rd quarter till the end of the game, the offense did not execute consistently.

Missed the game?

Seriously?

Denver opened 2nd half with a 7 minute drive that ended in a Touchdown.

Next possession was a quick Touchdown after we intercepted Dallas.

Next possession was a one-play deep pass to DT that was intercepted.

On to the fourth quarter.

First possession was 3 and out.

Next possession was a 5 minute drive starting from the Denver 6 that included 3 penalties (1 by Dallas, 2 by Denver including a False Start on Trevor when Paradis had the snap count wrong).

Next possession was a 3 and out consisting of three straight run plays forcing Dallas to use up all three of their timeouts.

The only other time we had the ball was when Talib was running 7 and half miles on a pick six, and the following PAT and kickoff.

How, exactly, does that prove your point that the offense was completely ineffective?

Broncoknight30
10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Seriously?

Denver opened 2nd half with a 7 minute drive that ended in a Touchdown.

Next possession was a quick Touchdown after we intercepted Dallas.

Next possession was a one-play deep pass to DT that was intercepted.

On to the fourth quarter.

First possession was 3 and out.

Next possession was a 5 minute drive starting from the Denver 6 that included 3 penalties (1 by Dallas, 2 by Denver including a False Start on Trevor when Paradis had the snap count wrong).

Next possession was a 3 and out consisting of three straight run plays forcing Dallas to use up all three of their timeouts.

The only other time we had the ball was when Talib was running 7 and half miles on a pick six, and the following PAT and kickoff.

How, exactly, does that prove your point that the offense was completely ineffective?
I seem to remember AFTER the Broncos went up 35-10 in the third that they were relatively ineffective. Two 3 and outs and an int on the first play after a big int as you pointed out.

After going 35-10, the offense failed to run the clock and failed to score. The Cowboys offense scored a rather quick TD at one point and moving the ball better.

That is what was happening. I know I am being a bit technical, but there is a trend with this team. It has happened to one degree or another in each of the 4 games. A quarter of the season.

LawDog
10-06-2017, 01:26 PM
I seem to remember AFTER the Broncos went up 35-10 in the third that they were relatively ineffective. Two 3 and outs and an int on the first play after a big int as you pointed out.

After going 35-10, the offense failed to run the clock and failed to score. The Cowboys offense scored a rather quick TD at one point and moving the ball better.

That is what was happening. I know I am being a bit technical, but there is a trend with this team. It has happened to one degree or another in each of the 4 games. A quarter of the season.

After the one-play interception early in the 3rd quarter, Dallas got the ball on the Denver 39, converted a 4th and 1, then scored on a 28 yard pass to Witten. That wasn't "moving the ball better" and has zero to do with how effective Denver's offense was in the second half. From that point it was a three and out (supports your view, but happens to all teams in every game), a 5 minute drive, and a 3 and out that exhausted Dallas' timeouts.

Denver does have an issue with keeping the pedal down late in games, but this game is not an example of that.

Cugel
10-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Siemian is beginning to look worse and worse as the games go on. Are teams figuring him out? Is he cracking under pressure? Play calls? What is it? I don't understand it but it's alarming when you can't put teams away as OP has stated. All 3 games we have won, we should have won by 21+ points, but we keep them in games because of failed 3rd down calls, and offense not staying on the field long enough.

Siemian is looking worse and worse because teams are deciding that they have to stop the Broncos rushing attack, go with double coverage on DT & Sanders on the outside and basically dare Trevor to beat them down the middle of the field passing. And he's a very inexperienced QB. So, they do everything they can to confuse him and put pressure on him with extra defenders, etc.

Right now Trevor lacks the experience necessary to take the team on his back and carry them in a game, and unlike some running QBs who have tremendous arm strength, he can't rely on athleticism to get the job done either. He's a pocket passing QB who doesn't take many chances. He's been compared with a younger Alex Smith. Well it took 11 years for Alex Smith to develop into the QB he is now. Trevor would have to develop a lot quicker, but he is doing that.

But, if he just eliminates basic mistakes and doesn't try and throw the ball into the tightest coverages, then the team can win. With this defense they can win the SB. But, that will depend on getting much better offensive performances - and that will in turn require developing the TEs as pass catching threats, working Jamaal Charles into the lineup as a 3rd down pass-receiver more, and getting more production out of the #3 WR too.

In short the players around Trevor are going to have to play better, because he's not Tom Brady out there and you can't just rely on him to make all the difference on offense.

nevcraw
10-09-2017, 07:48 PM

Sorry man but you are not really being technical. To be technical you need to understand trends and stats. You are are stating an opinion which is neither a trend nor a fact..

Broncoknight30
10-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Sorry man but you are not really being technical. To be technical you need to understand trends and stats. You are are stating an opinion which is neither a trend nor a fact..
Actually, the trend I mentioned has happened in each one of their 4 games. Which is why I called it a LITTLE TREND. All of the games. Including the Cowboys game. I get it. When a team wins 42-17, they deserve zero criticism. I am sure that is the way you look at it.

Rather typical of a fan.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Actually, the trend I mentioned has happened in each one of their 4 games. Which is why I called it a LITTLE TREND. All of the games. Including the Cowboys game. I get it. When a team wins 42-17, they deserve zero criticism. I am sure that is the way you look at it.

Rather typical of a fan.

What is this supposed to mean?

Broncoknight30
10-10-2017, 08:03 AM
What is this supposed to mean?

It means most fans don't take criticisms of their team really well. Even when things end up great, there are still things that tend to happen that were not great. Typical fans dont want to hear about it.

The simple fact is this team tends to be less effective as the game goes on, and it has happened in each game this year. Even in the Cowboys game. The others ones it was pretty blatant. The first game Broncos in control of the game 24-7. In less than 5 minutes, the Broncos are fighting to save the game and relied on a missed FG to win it.

Broncos were actually doing pretty good against Buffalo. They were up in the game and it some point in the second half they were completely ineffective. Against the Raiders, team up 16-7 and in control. They get a big gift with a turn over on the Raiders 20 yard line. ZERO POINTS. Their high priced all pro QB goes out and all of a sudden EJ Manuel looks like Brady moving the team. Had to hang on with a fortunate INT.

Yes, against the Cowboys too. I have it on DVR. Watched a little more of it. After going up 35-10, with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the offense does not generate anymore points. They had an INT, two 3 and outs, and the Cowboys COULD HAVE gotten back into the game.

Again, annoying LITTLE TREND. If you are a TYPICAL FAN, perhaps this criticism annoys you. Perhaps.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2017, 01:53 PM
It means most fans don't take criticisms of their team really well. Even when things end up great, there are still things that tend to happen that were not great. Typical fans dont want to hear about it.

The simple fact is this team tends to be less effective as the game goes on, and it has happened in each game this year. Even in the Cowboys game. The others ones it was pretty blatant. The first game Broncos in control of the game 24-7. In less than 5 minutes, the Broncos are fighting to save the game and relied on a missed FG to win it.

Broncos were actually doing pretty good against Buffalo. They were up in the game and it some point in the second half they were completely ineffective. Against the Raiders, team up 16-7 and in control. They get a big gift with a turn over on the Raiders 20 yard line. ZERO POINTS. Their high priced all pro QB goes out and all of a sudden EJ Manuel looks like Brady moving the team. Had to hang on with a fortunate INT.

Yes, against the Cowboys too. I have it on DVR. Watched a little more of it. After going up 35-10, with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the offense does not generate anymore points. They had an INT, two 3 and outs, and the Cowboys COULD HAVE gotten back into the game.

Again, annoying LITTLE TREND. If you are a TYPICAL FAN, perhaps this criticism annoys you. Perhaps.

Oh. I thought you were somehow saying that a "typical fan" has less knowledge than you. I'm glad that's not what you were inferring.

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Would I like to see them finish better? Sure, but for gods sake a win is a win. When we start losing games, then you can start complaining, but at this point we're coming out of the bye, it's a fresh start. Let's not grumble and dwell on 3 rough games (and it is three...I am not sure how you can complain about a game as dominant as the one we had against the cowboys...)

We're 4-1...We'll be fine and if we aren't, we aren't. There is nothing complaining about it on a message board is going to do.

Broncoknight30
10-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Would I like to see them finish better? Sure, but for gods sake a win is a win. When we start losing games, then you can start complaining, but at this point we're coming out of the bye, it's a fresh start. Let's not grumble and dwell on 3 rough games (and it is three...I am not sure how you can complain about a game as dominant as the one we had against the cowboys...)

We're 4-1...We'll be fine and if we aren't, we aren't. There is nothing complaining about it on a message board is going to do.

Yeap, typical fans. :)

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Yeap, typical fans. :)

I'm a typical fan for not overreacting, ok that's fine. Continue to tell me how the sky is falling, I eagerly await to hear more.

Broncoknight30
10-11-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm a typical fan for not overreacting, ok that's fine. Continue to tell me how the sky is falling, I eagerly await to hear more.

Ironic post is ironic. Typically of typical fans who can't see it.

Funny you overreact as you claim you don't overreact. Overreacting to anyone criticizing one's favorite team is typical.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Funny you overreact as you claim you don't overreact. Overreacting to anyone criticizing one's favorite team is typical.

Get off your high horse dude.

Hawgdriver
10-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Damn giraffe riders. Probably showed up when the Brock hype rolled back into town.

Broncoknight30
10-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Awwww, can't criticize the Broncos on this ******* site? How about you go **** yourself?

BroncoJoe
10-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Awwww, can't criticize the Broncos on this ******* site? How about you go **** yourself?

Oh - another tough guy behind a screen and keyboard! YAY!!!!

Have a good take and maybe we'll take you seriously.

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Sorry, I'll try to be a better fan like you are going forward.... My apologizes super fan sir, we're not worthy.

Freyaka
10-11-2017, 02:35 PM

How about pull your head out of your ass and quit attacking your fellow posters for being more optimistic than you are...You are coming off as a condescending jerk at the moment and all because someone dared to suggest that a 4-1 team isn't as bad as you are making out to be.

Cugel
10-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Damn giraffe riders. Probably showed up when the Brock hype rolled back into town.

Here's a picture of Brock and his woman heading out to dinner for you:

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Well, how about now? Is it an official trend yet?

Freyaka
11-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Well, how about now? Is it an official trend yet?

Who cares at this point, what do you want a congratulatory reach around from those who doubted you or something?

Congrats man, you were right, we suck apparently. Do you feel better knowing you were right? I sure don't.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Who cares at this point, what do you want a congratulatory reach around from those who doubted you or something?

Congrats man, you were right, we suck apparently. Do you feel better knowing you were right? I sure don't.

You don't care at this point. lol.....

Sorry for pointing out the problems that were not evident to many in those first few games. I was not the only one. Others were seeing it too. Just that certain fans don't want to hear it.

There are always aspects of a team that need improvement, even when the team is winning. Pointing those things out is not being a bad fan.

Freyaka
11-13-2017, 08:54 AM
You don't care at this point. lol.....

Sorry for pointing out the problems that were not evident to many in those first few games. I was not the only one. Others were seeing it too. Just that certain fans don't want to hear it.

There are always aspects of a team that need improvement, even when the team is winning. Pointing those things out is not being a bad fan.

Dude, if you haven't figured it out yet, it's not that you were pointing the problems out. It was that you were being a jerk about it...

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Dude, if you haven't figured it out yet, it's not that you were pointing the problems out. It was that you were being a jerk about it...

How so?

I said typical fans don't want to hear criticisms of a team.

You are the ones that got personal with me. After I had enough o Joe, I told him to go **** himself.

Which, I will do. That was after he got personal with me. Go ahead, other than.me telling Joe to **** himself, where was I being a "jerk.?"

Me saying typical fan? Is that it?

Freyaka
11-13-2017, 08:25 PM
How so?

I said typical fans don't want to hear criticisms of a team.

You are the ones that got personal with me. After I had enough o Joe, I told him to go **** himself.

Which, I will do. That was after he got personal with me. Go ahead, other than.me telling Joe to **** himself, where was I being a "jerk.?"

Me saying typical fan? Is that it?

You didn't want to have a real conversation about it, you basically wanted to pontificate and mock anyone who didn't agree with you.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:16 PM
You didn't want to have a real conversation about it, you basically wanted to pontificate and mock anyone who didn't agree with you.

Pontificate? I said there was an annoying trend going on with the team. You all ponitificated about how they were 3 and 1. I was very respectful. I also said TYPICAL FANS don't like to get into the criticism of their teams. I stated facts.

I was right. This team sucks and that cowboys game was an outlier and not what this team truly was.

You are the ones that pontificated. My first post was a real conversation. Want to have a real conversation about it now?

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Pontificate? I said there was an annoying trend going on with the team. You all ponitificated about how they were 3 and 1. I was very respectful. I also said TYPICAL FANS don't like to get into the criticism of their teams. I stated facts.

I was right. This team sucks and that cowboys game was an outlier and not what this team truly was.

You are the ones that pontificated. My first post was a real conversation. Want to have a real conversation about it now?

Meet me in Vero and my face with have a conversation with your fist.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Meet me in Vero and my face with have a conversation with your fist.

Yeah, whatever

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 09:38 PM
<deleted quote, that was made in pure jest>

My face is going to punch the crap out of your hand.

spikerman
11-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Internet tough guys are my favorite tough guys.

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah, whatever

Did your brain finally get it?

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Did your brain finally get it?

Yeah, finally. :eek::beer:

spikerman
11-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Dude, read what he wrote.... s. L. O. W. L. Y

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Knight lets meat at Duffy’s and fight then watch a game together...

spikerman
11-13-2017, 09:52 PM

Boy is he going to be surprised when he sees you. :lol:

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Dude, read what he wrote.... s. L. O. W. L. Y

Yeah, I reread it and that is why I changed my post. Maybe you did not notice that. As far as size....well. Ok, he looks pretty big.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 09:59 PM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ufmh6d-nYMI/V6i00oxL7QI/AAAAAAAAO3w/fdtVS786bIYjTAO7YxVgt560PTNKjc7xgCLcB/s400/gif%2Bslapfight3.gif

Dreadnought
11-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I reread it and that is why I changed my post. Maybe you did not notice that. As far as size....well. Ok, he looks pretty big.

Beef is ******* big. I'm pretty big, and he towers over me. He is a generous soul however, and would likely spot you a few beers. And, he's nowhere near as gay as he pretends to be

Hawgdriver
11-13-2017, 10:21 PM
I thought this was the thread to discuss our favorite hottake spyashalist, but then I realized that it was 'trend' not 'turd'.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 10:23 PM
Beef is ******* big. I'm pretty big, and he towers over me. He is a generous soul however, and would likely spot you a few beers. And, he's nowhere near as gay as he pretends to be

Yeah, I overreacted, and then a reread it. I thought it was actually pretty funny. I feel like shit for getting all emotional. I am stupid sometimes. I will admit that. :rolleyes:

wayninja
11-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Oh, you boys. So irascible.

BeefStew25
11-13-2017, 11:28 PM
Knight I got you.

Broncoknight30
11-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Knight I got you.

Yeah, that was a good one. You did too.

BeefStew25
11-14-2017, 12:18 AM
I once grilled Spikerman a burger.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 12:21 AM
I thought this was the thread to discuss our favorite hottake spyashalist, but then I realized that it was 'trend' not 'turd'.

My clever barb went ignored during the fracas.

Well, maybe not so clever.

BeefStew25
11-14-2017, 12:53 PM
You’ve had better Hawg.

wayninja
11-14-2017, 01:01 PM
Yeah, it wasn't my favorite barb that Hawg has made, but it was my least favorite.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 01:04 PM
You’ve had better Hawg.

Have I though?

It just happened that I read a post by 88 and immediately thereafter saw "Annoying Little ..." when I looked at new posts. Peanut butter and jelly I guess.

BeefStew25
11-14-2017, 01:05 PM
88 is my boy.

wayninja
11-14-2017, 01:07 PM
I hear he has some great takes.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 01:43 PM
88 is my boy.

Consider taking him for a tooth extraction.

LawDog
11-14-2017, 02:34 PM
88 is my boy.

I applaud you for taking him under your wing. If you eventually fix him, I will be forever in your debt. In the meantime he remains nearly insufferable.

BeefStew25
11-14-2017, 02:40 PM
I applaud you for taking him under your wing. If you eventually fix him, I will be forever in your debt. In the meantime he remains nearly insufferable.

Be his friend. And his analysis is spot on.

Dreadnought
11-14-2017, 02:48 PM

The Labors of Hercules would be as nothing compared to the effort required. I fear Beef's project will be beyond the powers of mortal man

BroncoJoe
11-14-2017, 02:49 PM
The Labors of Hercules would be as nothing compared to the effort required. I fear Beef's project will be beyond the powers of mortal man

Thank goodness Beef is not a mortal man.

Mortal woman? Possibly.

BeefStew25
11-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Guys stop.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Girls go.