PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain to me

Northman
10-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Why it is that when we were spreading out the wideouts and having success why we went away from it? We did everything we could late in the game to give it away and im confused why McCoy went away from what was working. :confused:

BroncoWave
10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Why it is that when we were spreading out the wideouts and having success why we went away from it? We did everything we could late in the game to give it away and im confused why McCoy went away from what was working. :confused:

I thought losing Charles really set the offense back. He was making most of our big plays before he went down. I think was more of a lack of execution than poor playcalling at the end, really.

Northman
10-01-2017, 07:26 PM
I dont think so. On our last drive before the missed FG we had two plays that we spread out the offense like we did early in the game and had success with getting first downs. McCoy and Joseph went all conservative and played scared which makes no sense.

BroncoWave
10-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I dont think so. On our last drive before the missed FG we had two plays that we spread out the offense like we did early in the game and had success with getting first downs. McCoy and Joseph went all conservative and played scared which makes no sense.

We had two drives late in the game where we took a shot down the field on first down. I thought we were playing plenty aggressive at the end, just not executing.

Northman
10-01-2017, 07:30 PM
I disagree and most of the Bronco fans i was with at the bar felt the same. We were all scratching our heads at the play calling.

Davii
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
I disagree and most of the Bronco fans i was with at the bar felt the same. We were all scratching our heads at the play calling.

I partially agree, but even Romo mentioned the aggressiveness, at one point saying we should've run all three downs and we were too aggressive, another that he loved the downfield shot on 1st.

Northman
10-01-2017, 07:42 PM
I partially agree, but even Romo mentioned the aggressiveness, at one point saying we should've run all three downs and we were too aggressive, another that he loved the downfield shot on 1st.

There's a difference between being aggressive and calling smarter plays. Outside of the spread calls we had very little success against their defense so i wasnt shocked when the pass to Sanders was incomplete. Play calling was just horrible.

Freyaka
10-01-2017, 07:46 PM
I thought losing Charles really set the offense back. He was making most of our big plays before he went down. I think was more of a lack of execution than poor playcalling at the end, really.

I actually think that was part of it, at the same time though, booker and CJ came in and did just as well, so why did we struggle? The holding penalty on the 3rd and one run really stalled our offense and I don't think we looked good again after that drive. That pretty much flatlined us.

MOtorboat
10-01-2017, 08:00 PM
I would not want this team to try to go spread for an entire game. I don't have a problem with them mixing up formations and styles throughout a game. I get the frustration with them having success in one formation and not in another, but you can't get too predictable. This team isn't built to throw it enough to play out of the spread.

Freyaka
10-01-2017, 08:02 PM
I would not want this team to try to go spread for an entire game. I don't have a problem with them mixing up formations and styles throughout a game. I get the frustration with them having success in one formation and not in another, but you can't get too predictable. This team isn't built to throw it enough to play out of the spread.

Or really throw it at all here lately.

Northman
10-02-2017, 05:03 AM

They dont have to go an entire game using the spread, that wasnt the point i was trying to make.

Shazam!
10-02-2017, 07:02 AM
The team I believe is still trying to find themselves and what works and what does not on the OLine amd is a work in progress. They are still looking at protection schemes that they think will work in obvious passing situations. Tackle is still the weak link but the interior of the Line is massively improved.

Traveler
10-02-2017, 08:20 AM
My problem is the not staying with the RB with the hot hand. Charles was getting in a groove before the cut on his knee. Let him stay in since he was effective toting the rock.

Gotta agree with Northman on the play calling. Too inconsistent. And where is DT? I saw a few times he was doubled, but this guy has been invisible pretty much all 3 games and has no touchdowns IIRC.

Shazam!
10-02-2017, 06:59 PM
My problem is the not staying with the RB with the hot hand. Charles was getting in a groove before the cut on his knee. Let him stay in since he was effective toting the rock.

Gotta agree with Northman on the play calling. Too inconsistent. And where is DT? I saw a few times he was doubled, but this guy has been invisible pretty much all 3 games and has no touchdowns IIRC.

I think they want Charles close to 100% IF Denver plays into January. I don't expect him to get more work, Booker will get more carries.

Dreadnought
10-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I think they want Charles close to 100% IF Denver plays into January. I don't expect him to get more work, Booker will get more carries.

And I'd like to see more CJ Anderson...but overall its a good problem to have. Booker has shown flashes, and Charles looks far better than I thought he would be. He is a real change of pace and a top notch talent, just with some serious mileage. We're getting good production from the backs, thats for sure

dogfish
10-02-2017, 08:11 PM

vance has said from the very beginning that they intend to keep JC in the 10-15 plays per game range. . . at his age and his size, with the mileage on him, it's smart. . . he's too useful to waste him running into stacked fronts while you're trying to grind out a lead. . . we need to be able to get that done with CJ and book. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2017, 07:45 AM

I don’t know why, but it appears he and Siemian are not on the same page. There seems to be at least two targets per game where DT is not where Trevor expects him to be.

weazel
10-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I looked at the title of this thread and was hoping to come in here to teach Al the metric system

LawDog
10-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I don’t know why, but it appears he and Siemian are not on the same page. There seems to be at least two targets per game where DT is not where Trevor expects him to be.

Causing every FFL owner with DT on their team much consternation.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Causing every FFL owner with DT on their team much consternation.

Which would include me. I’m probably going to bench him until he did in trouble or get on the sa which would include me. I’m probably going to bench him until he and Trevor get on the same page.

This could very well be an example of why it was not a good idea to give lynch half the first team reps in training camp and the preseason