PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 4 (Raiders week)

VonDoom
09-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Hard to think of a more important week four game in recent memory. Would be great to get ahead of this team before our bye.

TV maps are up - unless you're in Arizona or Tampa Bay, you get the game this week:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=4

VonDoom
09-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Domata Peko and Roby out here but not practicing. Peko left lockerroom w knee wrap Sunday. Roby had ankle issue last week

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 2m2 minutes ago

RB Jamaal Charles and CB Aqib Talib with their vet rest day. Bradley Roby with no helmet but walking through drills.

tripp
09-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Don't have a great feeling about this one, I hope I'm wrong

VonDoom
09-27-2017, 02:29 PM

The Oakland defense hasn't been good through 3 weeks. Giving up 364.3 yards per game (26th), 6 yds/play (28) and 51.2 pct. of 3rd downs (29)

VonDoom
09-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Peko was given a rest day. Langley was limited @DenverChannel

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider now7 seconds ago

Brendan Langley and Cody Latimer were both limited in practice today.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now10 seconds ago

Interesting -- Vance Joseph said the team practiced with urgency today, said the team didn't have the urgency last Wednesday.

VonDoom
09-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian said was trying to throw ball away on second pick. Takes blame @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Reporter: "Do you think Menelik Watson has an advantage vs Khalil Mack having played with him in Oakland?" Trevor Siemian: "I hope so."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Siemian lol

WARHORSE
09-27-2017, 04:50 PM

#Broncos Siemian said was trying to throw ball away on second pick. Takes blame @DenverChannel

Reporter: "Do you think Menelik Watson has an advantage vs Khalil Mack having played with him in Oakland?" Trevor Siemian: "I hope so."

We ALL hope so. heh heh

Magnificent Seven
09-27-2017, 05:04 PM
FYI: Raiders' WR Crabtree could miss this game. (Chest injury)

Buff
09-27-2017, 05:11 PM
We get our first taste of Tony Romo the color analyst this week.

I'm going to start a petition to get him fired as a throwback to the Simms era.

Buff
09-27-2017, 05:11 PM

He doesn't wanna get his chain snatched by Talib again - I don't blame him.

underrated29
09-27-2017, 05:17 PM
We are going to slaughter them! 3-1 Baby!

spikerman
09-27-2017, 09:41 PM
I want to hear more about this lack of urgency. It was only week 3!!!

Davii
09-28-2017, 12:38 AM
I want to hear more about this lack of urgency. It was only week 3!!!

There still needs to be urgency for that particular week.

Magnificent Seven
09-28-2017, 01:07 AM
This Sunday will be Marshawn Lynch's first trip to Denver?

If yes... Awesome! High altitude and Mile High Madness will slow him down. Just like RB Elliott.

Shazam!
09-28-2017, 02:48 AM
I hope they are at their best because they don't can't go into the Bye after a loss with what will be a desperate NYG team coming in.

spikerman
09-28-2017, 05:15 AM
There still needs to be urgency for that particular week.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. If you’re burned out three weeks into the season that’s a problem.

Nomad
09-28-2017, 07:24 AM
It'll be another tough game. The BRONCOS bounce back with a win.

Davii
09-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Sorry, that’s what I meant. If you’re burned out three weeks into the season that’s a problem.

I don't know if I'd say burned out, I don't necessarily think VJ meant that people were worn down, burned out, not up for football, etc. I think he meant more as in the team was starting to get ahead of itself a little bit, not paying attention to the details, maybe having a little more fun in practice than the coach wanted to see, maybe he could see in some of his players at Wednesday practice that the studying film and playbook that week wasn't up to the level that he saw against the Cowboys.

I think it was Ray Crockett I heard talking about it, saying that the team seemed to get a little lax in the details this past week, he felt as though they thought they "answered all the questions" such as could they step on a team's throat, could they stop the run, could they have a complete game, could they etc. Seeing the product on the field on Sunday I would say he was probably spot on. I expect to see our team bust their ass this weekend, but I expect the same from the Raiders.

Freyaka
09-28-2017, 09:26 AM

I can hear the stress in my voice via text...or at least I'm assuming I can in my mind :D

Could also be that I added the word god to the beginning of his sentence in my mind :D

Freyaka
09-28-2017, 09:27 AM

His chest still stings from the loss of his bling, poor crabs.

VonDoom
09-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

Cody Latimer did not practice. Sore knee. #9sports

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ on Siemian "He will play better. He will learn from his mistakes" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

In hindsight would Mike McCoy have run ball more vs #Bills. #Broncos @DenverChannel

Mike McCoy says underrated aspect of improved running game has been blocking of WRs. Says it's best unit in league at it.

Freyaka
09-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

Cody Latimer did not practice. Sore knee. #9sports

#Broncos VJ on Siemian "He will play better. He will learn from his mistakes" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

In hindsight would Mike McCoy have run ball more vs #Bills. #Broncos @DenverChannel

Mike McCoy says underrated aspect of improved running game has been blocking of WRs. Says it's best unit in league at it.

Thank god they recognize that one.

VonDoom
09-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Derek Wolfe on this game. "it's must win" @DenverChannel

Freyaka
09-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Derek Wolfe on this game. "it's must win" @DenverChannel

While we can come back from 2-2 and still finish 14-2 (in theory) if we lose this game, it's downhill from here. It's hard to call a game in week 4 a "must win" but for the morale of the team, I think we need this one to bounce back from last week.

topscribe
09-28-2017, 04:01 PM
I seriously got out of line. As a former mod, I have no excuse. I'm inserting this into the
file of things I wish I had never said. Meanwhile, I'm banning myself for a while. You all
take care. I care about you all . . .

BroncoJoe
09-28-2017, 04:02 PM
While we can come back from 2-2 and still finish 14-2 (in theory) if we lose this game, it's downhill from here. It's hard to call a game in week 4 a "must win" but for the morale of the team, I think we need this one to bounce back from last week.

They really need to win their home games against a division rival. Plain and simple.

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2017, 04:49 PM

I disagree. With the bye right behind it, should we lose this game, we have time to correct and get things back on track.

Would it be a hole we'd have to dig out of? Yes.

But in the last 15 years, I've seen the Chargers be in a spot where I thought they were dead and buried by week 5 or 6, several times, and they always dug themselves out. It wouldn't be ideal, but it wouldn't be the end of the season yet either.

I seriously got out of line. As a former mod, I have no excuse. I'm inserting this into the
file of things I wish I had never said. Meanwhile, I'm banning myself for a while. You all

?????

Buff
09-28-2017, 04:56 PM
I disagree. With the bye right behind it, should we lose this game, we have time to correct and get things back on track.

Would it be a hole we'd have to dig out of? Yes.

But in the last 15 years, I've seen the Chargers be in a spot where I thought they were dead and buried by week 5 or 6, several times, and they always dug themselves out. It wouldn't be ideal, but it wouldn't be the end of the season yet either.

?????

The term must win is dumb - it's not a must win until it's mathematically a must win... That said - our division is too good to lose divisional home games, and have b2b conference losses. Especially when we have to play NYG, Philly, KC and NE in our first 9 games. That might fly in the AFC South, but with as good as KC is this year I think we'll need all the tiebreaker help we can get for the wildcard.

Hawgdriver
09-28-2017, 05:18 PM
All good, top. We care about you, too.

dogfish
09-28-2017, 05:39 PM

don't be a weenie, top. . .

:welcome:

WARHORSE
09-28-2017, 10:50 PM

Not sure what ya said but appreciate men who are willing to admit a mistake.

Take five. Come back ready to go. We all like you in here. ;)

(your five minutes are up.....WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!)

Freyaka
09-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Not sure what ya said but appreciate men who are willing to admit a mistake.

Take five. Come back ready to go. We all like you in here. ;)

(your five minutes are up.....WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!)

We got in a scuffle, things were said, people were put on ignore, life goes on. It wasn't even in this thread so I'm not sure why it's in here, but again, life goes on..

VonDoom
09-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Cody Latimer is QUESTIONABLE and Paxton Lynch OUT for Sunday

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Vance Joseph said "we'll see" about Devontae Booker and Ahtyba Rubin for Sunday.

#Broncos Joseph said hopes Latimer can play. Booker had great week. Rubin getting caught up with scheme @DenverChannel

GEM
09-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Menelik have an advantage? His best advantage would be sitting on the sideline the whole game.

VonDoom
09-29-2017, 03:21 PM
By the way, I keep seeing this floating around from PFF:

Austin Gayle‏ @AustinGayle_PFF 4h4 hours ago

While under pressure, #Broncos' T. Siemian has completed 12 of 30 passes for 177 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs (9 sacks).

Freyaka
09-29-2017, 03:39 PM
By the way, I keep seeing this floating around from PFF:

Austin Gayle‏ @AustinGayle_PFF 4h4 hours ago

While under pressure, #Broncos' T. Siemian has completed 12 of 30 passes for 177 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs (9 sacks).

So he's kinda blah on the occasions we cannot protect him (which is quite a lot)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-29-2017, 04:48 PM
So he's kinda blah on the occasions we cannot protect him (which is quite a lot)

Aka the "money" downs. Every pro QB is great if they're protected and have a clean pocket. It's what they do when shit isn't going according to plan (like Rodgers or Brady) or how they can make the defense dance to their tune (PFM) that makes them great.