PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 3 (Bills week)

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 10:41 AM
We should have TV maps and press conferences later. For now, let's start with the enemy. The Bills were the number one rushing team in the league last year, not Dallas. Shady McCoy will be difficult to stop and the reason they racked up so many rushing yards was that Tyrod Taylor runs a lot. That's often a problem for us. McCoy was doing pressers before and he said this:

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 14m14 minutes ago

LeSean McCoy on his 12 carries for 9 yards last week: "I just didn't play well. I look forward to correcting that this week."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 12m12 minutes ago

McCoy on @VonMiller : "He's one of those players that comes around every decade or so."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 11m11 minutes ago

McCoy said the key for Bills run game is to stick with it. Said the Cowboys went away from identity after getting stuffed early.

------------------------

That last one is key - they will run the ball at us over and over again. Another big test for our revamped line.

NightTrainLayne
09-20-2017, 11:04 AM
McCoy said the key for Bills run game is to stick with it. Said the Cowboys went away from identity after getting stuffed early.

------------------------

That last one is key - they will run the ball at us over and over again. Another big test for our revamped line.

I agree. Dallas kind of panicked and just quit running. The Bills will be at home, with their crowd behind them, and will keep pounding it at us.

underrated29
09-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Yep, Same game plan this week.

Shady is actually harder for us. We struggle with the shifty speed guys the most. I would not try to sack Taylor as much as I would have them play contain. W should be able to pick him off and sack him easily once we shut down their run. Shady in the pass game has me scared!! Thats the key imo to winning.

Joel
09-20-2017, 12:10 PM
I don't agree that dual threat QBs give us trouble. I mean sure, they get rushing yards, but Alex Smith, Luck and Newton haven't exactly had career days against us, despite many opportunities. The whole problem with those guys is that they can't be completely shutdown, because they're so hard to contain, but we've usually done a good job of limiting them, which is all anyone can really do. Cam had several nice runs in the SB: He still scored more points for us than for Carolina, and the two TDs off his strip-sacks were our whole victory margin.

BroncoJoe
09-20-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't agree that dual threat QBs give us trouble. I mean sure, they get rushing yards, but Alex Smith, Luck and Newton haven't exactly had career days against us, despite many opportunities. The whole problem with those guys is that they can't be completely shutdown, because they're so hard to contain, but we've usually done a good job of limiting them, which is all anyone can really do. Cam had several nice runs in the SB: He still scored more points for us than for Carolina, and the two TDs off his strip-sacks were our whole victory margin.

It helps if you actually watch the games, and not just the stat lines.

Joel
09-20-2017, 12:21 PM
It helps if you actually watch the games, and not just the stat lines.
Yes, it does: That's how you can see ~100 QB rushing yards spread out over a whole game and half a dozen drives that all ended in punts aren't nearly as big a deal as a boxscore "their starting passer had 100 yds rushing!eleven" sounds. My memory's not perfect, but the only time I recall a recent QB destroying us on the ground was the 2014 divisional playoff Fox and Del Rio phoned in because they'd already applied for new jobs elsewhere.

BroncoJoe
09-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Yes, it does: That's how you can see ~100 QB rushing yards spread out over a whole game and half a dozen drives that all ended in punts aren't nearly as big a deal as a boxscore "their starting passer had 100 yds rushing!eleven" sounds. My memory's not perfect, but the only time I recall a recent QB destroying us on the ground was the 2014 divisional playoff Fox and Del Rio phoned in because they'd already applied for new jobs elsewhere.

It's the threat, Joel. Not the actual yardage/stats. It changes how our defense reacts.

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 12:39 PM
TV maps are up. Given that this is an early start, I figured the coverage would be split all over the place. Glad I have other ways of watching the games, because over the air, I would get the Jets/Dolphins game and later the very unappealing Bengals/Packers.

Anyway, our broadcast team is Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta, which is a random CBS team that I can't remember listening to before:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=3

Joel
09-20-2017, 12:51 PM
It's the threat, Joel. Not the actual yardage/stats. It changes how our defense reacts.
Ah, okay, that's a fair point. I've never really noticed their performance falling due to compensating for that threat though. I mainly seems to boil down to "He doesn't pass from the pocket, so we don't blitz" making it kind of a wash unless a guy's REALLY good at throwing on the run.

Nomad
09-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Alright alright alright! We get the game up here.

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 6m6 minutes ago

Looks like a day of rest for Jamaal Charles. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 5m5 minutes ago

Aqib Talib getting a day of rest. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

Bradley Roby (ankle) observing not practicing #9sportd

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 5m5 minutes ago

Devontae Booker participating in practice. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler (concussion) attending practice. Not practicing though and no helmet on.

tripp
09-20-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm going to this game.. woooot.

Broncos are 1-4 when I've seen them play at the Ralph...

Got a feeling it's a trap game.

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 02:00 PM

Hmm, not a great track record. Maybe you should stay home :D

Joel
09-20-2017, 02:30 PM

The conditions fit: It would be perfectly understandable (but not excusable) if Denver were looking past a soft Bills team to a critical home stand against a good Raiders team heading into our bye. The way I (and hopefully the team) look at it is 4-0 at the bye, with a 2-0 division record including the team to beat, would be a great place to be, but it all starts with taking care of business in our first road game this week: We can't be 4-0 at the bye if we're 2-1 hosting the Raiders.

Cugel
09-20-2017, 02:39 PM

That's because they don't trust Tyrod Taylor. They would really like to get rid of him, but have nothing better, and QBs don't grow on trees. Meanwhile, they especially don't trust him in a passing contest with Trevor Siemian, and they are seriously lacking weapons in the passing game, going up against a defense that has 4 picks and a 103 yard pick-6 in the last two games - against MUCH better offenses and QBs than Taylor.

They have no choice but to run the ball, and rely on their defense (which is far better than the defenses of either Dallas or the Chargers), to keep the game close. Then hopefully a special teams play + a turnover or something can lead to a score and they win 15-12 or something.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL but that is definitely not the way to bet. I'm picking the Broncos and giving 7 points in this game. So, more than a TD win for the good guys.

Right now, the line in Vegas is -3. Any takers?

Cugel
09-20-2017, 02:42 PM
The conditions fit: It would be perfectly understandable (but not excusable) if Denver were looking past a soft Bills team to a critical home stand against a good Raiders team heading into our bye. The way I (and hopefully the team) look at it is 4-0 at the bye, with a 2-0 division record including the team to beat, would be a great place to be, but it all starts with taking care of business in our first road game this week: We can't be 4-0 at the bye if we're 2-1 hosting the Raiders.

I'd take 3-1 with the sole loss coming against a non-division opponent. Win 2 from the Raiders and you're almost certainly going to make the playoffs, and the Raiders probably won't - unless both wild cards come from the AFC West, which is certainly possible. But, not too likely. These AFC West teams will beat each other up too much.

Cugel
09-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Wow! Rico just threw his QB and WR under the Bus! Awesome!

The Buffalo Bills lost a close game Sunday where the offense didn't get into any sort of rhythm until the last drive. Rick Dennison greeted the media Monday to discuss the game and season to date and noted he still has confidence in Tyrod Taylor.

“He did some good things. Kept us in the game,” said Dennison

On 4th down and 10 to go late in the fame, Taylor took a shot towards the pylon to rookie receiver Zay Jones that went off his hands. Dennison says both Taylor and Jones deserve the blame for this hotly-debated miss.

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Roby has ankle issue @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Von Miller limited with knee. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 40s40 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is no concern about either Von Miller or Bradley Roby for Sunday. Both are listed on the injury report.

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I'd take 3-1 with the sole loss coming against a non-division opponent. Win 2 from the Raiders and you're almost certainly going to make the playoffs, and the Raiders probably won't - unless both wild cards come from the AFC West, which is certainly possible. But, not too likely. These AFC West teams will beat each other up too much.

Would be nice to prove we can win a road game, though. We're so back loaded with them, this is our only chance for a while. And it certainly appears to be one of the easiest road games we have all year (maybe at the Colts, but they should have Luck back by then, so that's no guarantee).

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25s25 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on Trevor Siemian: "He's in total control of our offense now."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider now10 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on Bills: "This is probably the best front seven we've faced, including the preseason."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said team will fly out on Friday so can have normal pratice day Saturday in Buffalo. @DenverChannel

VonDoom
09-20-2017, 03:07 PM

I looked up the all time series between these two. I guess you haven't gone that much recently? The Broncos have won three out of the last four in Buffalo (the most recent one being the loss in 2011 in a classic Tebow game)

GEM
09-20-2017, 03:20 PM

#Broncos Roby has ankle issue @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Von Miller limited with knee. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 40s40 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is no concern about either Von Miller or Bradley Roby for Sunday. Both are listed on the injury report.

So that hit on the knee did effect Von. :tsk:

GEM
09-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Last time I went to a Broncos/Bills game, Bills player Everett was paralyzed. :( Friggen pos fan next to us was yelling to get him off the field. To which he was promptly shut the **** up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Hey Gem, are you gonna go postal again if Denver only wins by 2 touchdowns?

GEM
09-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Hey Gem, are you gonna go postal again if Denver only wins by 2 touchdowns?

I want 3. TYVM! :D

Joel
09-20-2017, 04:12 PM
If forced and able to pick, of course I'd rather drop one against a mere common/conference opponent than a division rival (though if we finish tied with Oakland overall and head-to-head, common games are the next tiebreak, then conference record.) But losing @Buffalo wouldn't somehow magically guarantee we beat Oakland: 3-1 would be the BEST case, but 2-2 a very real possibility. If you want to view it that way, the only way to GUARANTEE at least 3-1 at the bye is beating Buffalo NOW.

Point being, whatever happens later begins with whatever happens now, so hopefully we're not looking past the Bills.

Cugel
09-20-2017, 05:34 PM
Would be nice to prove we can win a road game, though. We're so back loaded with them, this is our only chance for a while. And it certainly appears to be one of the easiest road games we have all year (maybe at the Colts, but they should have Luck back by then, so that's no guarantee).

I wouldn't count on the Colts having Luck back at any point in the season. They kept saying that he was "week to week" and expected him back for training camp. He's not remotely healthy and hasn't been able to play and they keep lying and saying that he's about ready. Only they keep pushing him back and back. He was going to start the season, then he wasn't. . . . . Spot the trend? I don't believe anything they say in Indy, and if I were Luck's agent I'd have him get a couple of second medical opinions before he stepped back on the field.

That coaching staff doesn't give a crap about Luck's future career. They want to win a couple of games now so they don't get fired. It's nothing to them if he ruins his career rushing back when he's still injured and hurting himself worse. If that happens they are all getting fired anyway because the team will keep on losing.

. If he does play, how effective can he be?

They look like they are trying to lose big and get the #1 overall pick. Without Luck they might win 2 games. With him? Who knows? It would depend on how healthy he actually is. Not very is the most likely guess.

If we can't beat the Colts, we have absolutely no shot at the Division. Next to the Jets, they are probably the worst team in the AFC. Yes, worse than Cleveland. Cleveland has an actually good OL anchored by Hall of Fame LT Joe Thomas. They have some players who don't totally suck.

Cugel
09-20-2017, 05:40 PM
If forced and able to pick, of course I'd rather drop one against a mere common/conference opponent than a division rival (though if we finish tied with Oakland overall and head-to-head, common games are the next tiebreak, then conference record.) But losing @Buffalo wouldn't somehow magically guarantee we beat Oakland: 3-1 would be the BEST case, but 2-2 a very real possibility. If you want to view it that way, the only way to GUARANTEE at least 3-1 at the bye is beating Buffalo NOW.

Point being, whatever happens later begins with whatever happens now, so hopefully we're not looking past the Bills.

You missed the point Joel. Nobody wants to lose to Buffalo, and losing doesn't mean it's more likely they will beat the Raiders. But, if in three weeks, they are 3-1, I want that loss to be to a non-divisional opponent.

Beating the Raiders twice would for all practical purposes eliminate them from division title contention, because they'd already have 2 division losses, and realistically this division is so tough they probably would lose at least 1 other division game, so three losses. Minimum. EX: if they finished with the same record as the Chiefs the Chiefs would probably win simply because of better division record in that case. (Second tie-breaker assuming the Chiefs & Raiders split their games).

So, in the hypothetical scenario where the Broncos beat the Raiders twice (yay!) and the Raiders/Chiefs split, both the Broncos and Chiefs would probably hold the tie-breaker against the Raiders.

Nomad
09-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Quiet week.

dogfish
09-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Quiet week.

it's the calm before the storm. . . :cool:

tripp
09-21-2017, 11:57 AM
I looked up the all time series between these two. I guess you haven't gone that much recently? The Broncos have won three out of the last four in Buffalo (the most recent one being the loss in 2011 in a classic Tebow game)

2 losses were including pre-season haha. I went to the Tebow loss.. (we were on a 4 or 5 game win streak?) and I went to the win back in.... 2007 I think?

So technically 1-1.. I suppose. I wonder what kinda abuse I'm gonna get from Bills Mafia

I am 4-0 in Denver though! Got tickeys to Sunday nighter vs Giants :cool:

Joel
09-21-2017, 12:41 PM
You missed the point Joel. Nobody wants to lose to Buffalo, and losing doesn't mean it's more likely they will beat the Raiders. But, if in three weeks, they are 3-1, I want that loss to be to a non-divisional opponent.

Beating the Raiders twice would for all practical purposes eliminate them from division title contention, because they'd already have 2 division losses, and realistically this division is so tough they probably would lose at least 1 other division game, so three losses. Minimum. EX: if they finished with the same record as the Chiefs the Chiefs would probably win simply because of better division record in that case. (Second tie-breaker assuming the Chiefs & Raiders split their games).

So, in the hypothetical scenario where the Broncos beat the Raiders twice (yay!) and the Raiders/Chiefs split, both the Broncos and Chiefs would probably hold the tie-breaker against the Raiders.
No, you're missing the point: It's too soon to think of Oakland. You're talking tiebreaks, which don't matter if our OVERALL record's better—or WORSE. So even in tiebreaks the Bills game and all the rest are pretty important since there are only sixteen total, and only Buffalo is in front of us right now: We must get past them before it's even relevant to consider any of the rest. Win all the rest and Oakland could SWEEP us and it still wouldn't help them unless they were also EXACTLY 14-2.

In fact, even if we concede the hypothetical possibility of finishing tied with Oakland and/or KC there'd be a pretty good chance of splitting the head-to-head with both and having the same division record (for one thing, they must play each other twice as well as us.) So what's the next tiebreak? Common opponents: This year the whole AFCW plays the whole AFCE, so Buffalo's a common opponent. If still tied, it goes to conference record, and Buffalo's still in the AFC.

The schedule's set up so EVERY game potentially has at least some playoff implication. And, ultimately, the real "first tiebreak" is overall record: The simplest (if not necessarily easiest) way to avoid losing a playoff berth, home game, bye or homefield throughout on tiebreaks is to NOT FINISH TIED WITH ANYONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. The way you do that is to take one game at a time, focusing all energy each week on beating that sole opponent, leaving the rest til it's their turn.

We'd all prefer a non-division loss to a divisional one if we must lose one: But the POINT is beating Buffalo is the only way to avoid the dire prospect of losing BOTH, with a 3-1 bye record only the best case scenario and 4-0 off the table entirely. As always, you and I have the luxury of thinking ahead because we won't be playing then OR now. But if Joseph overheard any player say anything like "I wanna beat Buffalo, but I'd rather lose to them than Oakland" the guy'd be running bleachers til he puked.

Joel
09-21-2017, 01:15 PM
"It's still so early," Siemian said. "We're only two games into the season. I've seen how quickly things can change in this league, and I'm very, very happy, obviously, to start the way we have. But we're going to Buffalo, and Buffalo doesn't care if we've won two games or we're 0-2."
See? THIS guy gets it.

VonDoom
09-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles with a helmet today. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Garett Bolles is practicing. Shoulder pads and helmet. Unreal. #9sports

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 52s53 seconds ago

Lindsay Jones Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Left ankle is heavily taped. But stunning to see him already participating in position drills.

A peek at #Broncos practice. Roby, as said on @DenverChannel last.night, is good. He's practicing. Bolles out here w left ankle/foot taped

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 36s37 seconds ago

As expected, Aqib Talib back after a day of rest. #Broncos @1043TheFan

GEM
09-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Jamaal Charles with a helmet today. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 52s53 seconds ago

Lindsay Jones Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Left ankle is heavily taped. But stunning to see him already participating in position drills.

A peek at #Broncos practice. Roby, as said on @DenverChannel last.night, is good. He's practicing. Bolles out here w left ankle/foot taped

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 36s37 seconds ago

As expected, Aqib Talib back after a day of rest. #Broncos @1043TheFan

What???? Bolles practicing? Holy shit, dude is a machine!

VonDoom
09-21-2017, 01:38 PM

Yeah, he's a bad mother f'er. His play has been good but his locker room presence seems to be even better. The guys have to respect him being out there already.

GEM
09-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Yeah, he's a bad mother f'er. His play has been good but his locker room presence seems to be even better. The guys have to respect him being out there already.

They had a dr from Colorado Ortho hospital on 760 this morning who said he should be out at least through the bye week. Makes it pretty crazy that he's already back practicing. :shocked:

dogfish
09-21-2017, 02:04 PM

looks like you've found your new wolfe. . . :D

GEM
09-21-2017, 02:11 PM
looks like you've found your new wolfe. . . :D

If he can be back this quick, I'll make his family some Italian food. Dude eats greedy! :D

Joel
09-21-2017, 02:29 PM
They had a dr from Colorado Ortho hospital on 760 this morning who said he should be out at least through the bye week. Makes it pretty crazy that he's already back practicing. :shocked:
I just hope they don't rush him back too fast; I'd rather miss him for a couple games than get him back for half a game, then lose him the rest of the season.

Hawgdriver
09-21-2017, 02:33 PM

I shall now compose a short smiley poem to mark the occasion.

:bawling:
:sick:
:goodnight:
:news:
:crutch:
:ohwell:
:flypig:

:pout:

:pray:

:viking:

:whoah:
:shocked:

:whoo:
:werd:

:salute:
:five:

VonDoom
09-21-2017, 02:34 PM
I saw MHR retweet this - I'm assuming it's accurate. Interesting PFF grades so far:

Denver vs.‏ @denVSeverybody 5m5 minutes ago

DEN O-line & PFF grade:

LT - Bolles 77.5
LG - Garcia 48.5
C - Paradis 70.5
RG - Leary 87.4
RT - Watson 28.4

Barbre 49.1
Stephenson 56.0

underrated29
09-21-2017, 02:53 PM
I shall now compose a short smiley poem to mark the occasion.

:flypig:

:

I loved this part of the poem. It struck home.

Thank you

VonDoom
09-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said Bolles "progressing fast". Need to see how feels tomorrow after increased activity @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 16s16 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said not sure if Booker will play. It's a deep room of talented players. And rotation working right now @DenverChannel

#Broncos VJ said this first road game offers "true test" @DenverChannel

Joel
09-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 52s52 seconds ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said Bolles "progressing fast". Need to see how feels tomorrow after increased activity @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 16s16 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ said not sure if Booker will play. It's a deep room of talented players. And rotation working right now @DenverChannel

#Broncos VJ said this first road game offers "true test" @DenverChannel
Well, in the spirit of "who cares if the Bills beat us 73-0 as long as we beat Oakland:" Barbre isn't a bad pass nor run blocker, so give Bolles an extra week to be sure, especially since trained doctors were publicly saying they expect him to be out two more weeks even at that point.

slim
09-21-2017, 04:29 PM
I can't believe how quickly he is recovering from his bruise.

Poet
09-21-2017, 04:47 PM
The fewer brain cells you have the quicker you recover. This is why Slim is so durable!

slim
09-21-2017, 04:50 PM
The fewer brain cells you have the quicker you recover. This is why Slim is so durable!

Brain cells only count in academia. In the real world you just need style.

Poet
09-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Brain cells only count in academia. In the real world you just need style.

I regret the hashtag and style gimmick. It's time for old school straitlaced king! Oh yeah!

slim
09-21-2017, 04:59 PM
I regret the hashtag and style gimmick. It's time for old school straitlaced king! Oh yeah!

Regret is human. You are not capable of regret!

Poet
09-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Regret is human. You are not capable of regret!

If not human, what am I?

slim
09-21-2017, 05:02 PM
If not human, what am I?

A beast!

Poet
09-21-2017, 05:07 PM
A beast!

Nah. I'm just a dumpy white guy who dicks around on the internet for fun while participating in an online community. I'm nothing special. I'm just a guy...with an above average vocabulary and a really nice head of hair.

slim
09-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Nah. I'm just a dumpy white guy who dicks around on the internet for fun while participating in an online community. I'm nothing special. I'm just a guy...with an above average vocabulary and a really nice head of hair.

Vocabulary and hair are overrated.

Poet
09-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Vocabulary and hair are overrated.

And they're all I've got! I should probably learn to be good at something other than being fat and snarky.

Davii
09-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Well, in the spirit of "who cares if the Bills beat us 73-0 as long as we beat Oakland:" Barbre isn't a bad pass nor run blocker, so give Bolles an extra week to be sure, especially since trained doctors were publicly saying they expect him to be out two more weeks even at that point.

Way to thoroughly misrepresent everything said. You knocked that one out of the park.

NightTerror218
09-21-2017, 11:02 PM

"Trained"doctors but were they his doctor? People just like publicity. Doctor on radio prob never saw bolles so he is blowing hot air.

Magnificent Seven
09-21-2017, 11:19 PM
I think Bolles should miss this game and rest. Be ready for a big game against Oakland.

underrated29
09-22-2017, 12:19 AM
I winder if barbre is going to be our starting RT once Bolles is healthy? Can Watson play LG? I'd imagine he can.

And so it shall be done.

dogfish
09-22-2017, 01:12 AM
I can't believe how quickly he is recovering from his bruise.

he's just trying to stay positive!

Nomad
09-22-2017, 08:52 AM
Bolles knows football.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Danny Trevaithan 2.0?

Miraculous recovery!

Davii
09-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Danny Trevaithan 2.0?

Miraculous recovery!

Antler spray?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Antler spray?

Haha, that’s not what I was implying. Danny had a tendency to be a bit dramatic. He got carted off the practice field once and was back at practice the next day. John Fox was joking about how it was a miraculous recovery.

Freyaka
09-22-2017, 10:03 AM
We should have TV maps and press conferences later. For now, let's start with the enemy. The Bills were the number one rushing team in the league last year, not Dallas. Shady McCoy will be difficult to stop and the reason they racked up so many rushing yards was that Tyrod Taylor runs a lot. That's often a problem for us. McCoy was doing pressers before and he said this:

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 14m14 minutes ago

LeSean McCoy on his 12 carries for 9 yards last week: "I just didn't play well. I look forward to correcting that this week."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 12m12 minutes ago

McCoy on @VonMiller : "He's one of those players that comes around every decade or so."

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 11m11 minutes ago

------------------------

Good luck with that Shady... We'll stuff you just as bad as we stuffed Elliot.

Freyaka
09-22-2017, 11:29 AM
I saw MHR retweet this - I'm assuming it's accurate. Interesting PFF grades so far:

Denver vs.‏ @denVSeverybody 5m5 minutes ago

DEN O-line & PFF grade:

LT - Bolles 77.5
LG - Garcia 48.5
C - Paradis 70.5
RG - Leary 87.4
RT - Watson 28.4

Barbre 49.1
Stephenson 56.0

So basically, Watson and Garcia are the weak links, we kinda already knew that :D Good seeing it confirmed in stat form.

Freyaka
09-22-2017, 11:30 AM
I winder if barbre is going to be our starting RT once Bolles is healthy? Can Watson play LG? I'd imagine he can.

And so it shall be done.

Watson has played several positions on other lines I believe.

underrated29
09-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Watson has played several positions on other lines I believe.

Hes great at run blocking. Sucks at T. Barbre is average at both. I say put Barbre at T and Watson at LG.....We will be even better me thinks

VonDoom
09-22-2017, 12:12 PM

Garett Bolles and Bennie Fowler are QUESTIONABLE vs Bills.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch and Brendan Langley are OUT

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler is still in the post-concussion protocol, Vance Joseph said. He has not yet been cleared.

Vance Joseph said he's not sure if Devontae Booker will play Sunday.

Davii
09-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Garett Bolles and Bennie Fowler are QUESTIONABLE vs Bills.

Paxton Lynch and Brendan Langley are OUT

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler is still in the post-concussion protocol, Vance Joseph said. He has not yet been cleared.

Vance Joseph said he's not sure if Devontae Booker will play Sunday.

As bad as Bennie's concussion appeared I'd be absolutely floored if they cleared him this week. Maybe not even next week. He was out on his feet, didn't know where he was, etc. He was only going off "muscle memory" saying get up and get back to the huddle.

Devontae should not play unless either CJ or JC get hurt. We've got a good rotation going right now, I see no reason to change that. As long as they keep doing well, don't change what isn't broken.

BroncoJoe
09-22-2017, 12:33 PM
As bad as Bennie's concussion appeared I'd be absolutely floored if they cleared him this week. Maybe not even next week. He was out on his feet, didn't know where he was, etc. He was only going off "muscle memory" saying get up and get back to the huddle.

Devontae should not play unless either CJ or JC get hurt. We've got a good rotation going right now, I see no reason to change that. As long as they keep doing well, don't change what isn't broken.

Henderson!

VonDoom
09-22-2017, 12:40 PM
As for our opponents:

Buffalo Bills‏Verified account @buffalobills 20m20 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus, Cordy Glenn and Jerel Worthy are officially OUT for Sunday's game. #DENvsBUF

VonDoom
09-22-2017, 12:43 PM

I doubt Fowler plays. The protocol is the same for all concussions, though, I believe. So it looked bad for sure, but we don't know how he did in any of the tests during this week.

As for the RB situation ... I'm kind of torn here. I didn't think Booker was that good anyway last year, but Joseph talked in the off season about how he'd compete with CJ for the starting job. An injury later and now it seems like he's not even going to dress. Not sure what to think of that. I would like to see Henderson given some chances too, but if CJ really is the "bell cow", and Charles comes in on a pitch count, so to speak, there really isn't much room for another back out there.

Nomad
09-22-2017, 12:45 PM
As for our opponents:

Buffalo Bills‏Verified account @buffalobills 20m20 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus, Cordy Glenn and Jerel Worthy are officially OUT for Sunday's game. #DENvsBUF

With those two guys out, it'll take some pressure off the oline and Siemian.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I’d love to see Henderson get some touches.

VonDoom
09-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Some more detail on Bolles, from Legwold:

The Broncos formally listed tackle Garett Bolles (lower leg) as questionable for Sunday's game in Buffalo. The team had a walk-through Friday and he was listed as limited, which he would have been if the team had a full practice. The Broncos will practice in the Buffalo area Saturday. Bolles has shown improvement physically, but did miss Wednesday's practice, which is when the Broncos install the first- and second-down run plays in the gameplan for the week. So beyond the injury that could impact if the rookie would be ready to play as well.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0702941493781862937-4

Joel
09-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Hes great at run blocking. Sucks at T. Barbre is average at both. I say put Barbre at T and Watson at LG.....We will be even better me thinks
Agreed: As noted elsewhere, Aikman said Sunday that Barbre "is known for his pass blocking" but also a good run blocker, and if Watson's a good run blocker with the mobility but not Ability to play RT, he ought to make a pretty good pulling guard at LG if Leary's still in protocol, then he and McGovern can fight over the RG spot.

In fact, I hesitate to say this, but this looks like a pretty good depth chart:

LT Bolles (Watson, Stephenson)
LG Leary (McGovern, Garcia)
C Paradis (McGovern)
RG Watson (McGovern, Garcia)
RT Barbre (Watson, Stephenson)

The worst to be said of it is that injury to either OT would affect TWO positions (three if we prefer Barbre as first alternate to Bolles, meaning Watson would take over for him at RT and McGovern for him at RG.) But we'd have a pretty solid starting lineup across the board, with reasonably solid depth behind them; I can't remember the last time both those things were true (maybe all of one season in 2008?)

Joel
09-22-2017, 03:14 PM
With those two guys out, it'll take some pressure off the oline and Siemian.
Plus Glenns absence makes things harder for Taylor against our front seven. This is a game we SHOULD win every day of the week and twice on Sunday, which happens to be when we're playing. Otherwise we'll have some hard questions about whether the team we saw the last two weeks is really whom we are. Our offense merely needs to avoid turnovers and keep our own elite D hydrated, though if we can score enough to sideline McCoy that would be a nice bonus.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2017, 04:04 PM
#DENvsBUF: STC Brock Olivo
Special Teams Coordinator Brock Olivo met the media Friday to discuss how he is approaching this week's match-up against the Bills.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF-STC-Brock-Olivo-/eac386e4-8f93-4b40-9e4d-0ba35328f44c

Joseph delivers final injury report of the week
Head Coach Vance Joseph updates the injury status of several players, as the team gets set to head to Buffalo

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph_delivers_final_injury_report_of_the_week/6269098c-999f-47de-a1df-d079d28dc07d

#DENvsBUF: WR Emmanuel Sanders
Emmanuel Sanders talks to Denver media on Thursday about the upcoming game with the Buffalo Bills.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF_WR_Emmanuel_Sanders/cc161f1c-f9d1-49ef-b9a8-aa27b6f59578

#DENvsBUF: DC Joe Woods
Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods talks to media about how to defend Buffalo's zone-blocking scheme.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF_DC_Joe_Woods/ed9b9a22-b831-4b0a-ab1c-fcb732534d6e

#DENvsBUF: OC Mike McCoy
Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy met the media Thursday to discuss the team's upcoming road trip against the Bills.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF_OC_Mike_McCoy/4d3a0f07-803c-4b02-aab7-3ad3b38024d5

#DENvsBUF: LT Garett Bolles
Left tackle Garett Bolles discusses his return to practice, his initial thoughts after his injury and whether he thinks he'll be ready to play on Sunday.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF_LT_Garett_Bolles/0ac8859e-d971-4d54-8053-003033b631d9

#DENvsBUF: OLB Von Miller
Outside linebacker Von Miller discusses Garett Bolles' return to practice, the difficulty in containing Tyrod Taylor and why his pass-rush techniques wouldn't change vs. Tom Brady or Michael Vick.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DENvsBUF_OLB_Von_Miller/ffa322c9-3110-44d8-ae76-32b06ad6d67e

Simple Jaded
09-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Quiet week.

You must have Joel and Cugel on iggy.

dogfish
09-23-2017, 12:23 AM
You must have Joel and Cugel on iggy.

nomad's just too mellow in his old age to get bent outta shape over the small shit. . . :D

VonDoom
09-23-2017, 01:15 PM
https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/911653647272022016

Simple Jaded
09-23-2017, 07:06 PM
nomad's just too mellow in his old age to get bent outta shape over the small shit. . . :D

At what age can I expect that to happen for me?

Simple Jaded
09-23-2017, 07:07 PM
https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/911653647272022016

I'm beginning to think the Broncos concussion protocol "is more guidelines than actual rules".

tripp
09-25-2017, 09:28 AM
2 losses were including pre-season haha. I went to the Tebow loss.. (we were on a 4 or 5 game win streak?) and I went to the win back in.... 2007 I think?

So technically 1-1.. I suppose. I wonder what kinda abuse I'm gonna get from Bills Mafia

I am 4-0 in Denver though! Got tickeys to Sunday nighter vs Giants :cool:

So.. uh yeah.. I take full responsibility for this game. Never going to see the Broncos play in Buffalo again, I'm awful luck.

There were so many Broncos fans there, especially behind our bench... came away with an L and a awful sun burnt forehead lol. It was Africa out there yesterday

VonDoom
09-25-2017, 02:51 PM
So.. uh yeah.. I take full responsibility for this game. Never going to see the Broncos play in Buffalo again, I'm awful luck.

There were so many Broncos fans there, especially behind our bench... came away with an L and a awful sun burnt forehead lol. It was Africa out there yesterday

I called you out somewhere in the game thread. You must be cursed! Though you said your record seeing them in Denver is better, so I'll give you a pass on that one.