PDA

View Full Version : D Line

Ziggy
09-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Last year's Dline was a weak spot on this team. Elway set out in the offseason to get bigger, more physical, and meaner. This line just completely dominated the best offensive line in football......without Kerr and Rubin. The vaunted Cowboys running game was at full strength and rushed for a total of 40 yards. 24 of those were by the QB. No team had held Zeke under 80 yards rushing since his rookie debut. He had 8 rushes on 9 carries.

This D line is legit. They are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game. They are holding opponents to 2.9 yards per carry. Shelby Harris is a diamond. Gotsis looks like a beast. Now they get to have Steve Kerr and Ahtyba Rubin join the party. This line is only going to get better.

They are deep, big, physical and nasty. Well done Mr. Elway.

underrated29
09-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Shelby baby!!

This man is our new Malik Jackson. I love him!!

Davii
09-18-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm very impressed. If we can get our pass rush working a little better, I think that will happen with Shane Ray coming back, we will be even more dominant.

Joel
09-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Peko's demonstrating the difference between Sly Williams and a legit 3-4 NT: Instead of needing above average DEs like Jackson and great ones like Wolfe to pull HIS weight, he plugs the gut, collapses pockets and draws multiple blockers so other guys make plays unblocked. It'll never look pretty on stat sheets, but is VERY effective.

The question's whether we have much to rotate with him when he's tired and/or hurt without downgrading the core of our defensive line, and the depth to remain fierce when either half our "starting rotation" is too hurt to keep tagging in for the other one.

Davii
09-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Peko's demonstrating the difference between Sly Williams and a legit 3-4 NT: Instead of needing above average DEs like Jackson and great ones like Wolfe to pull HIS weight, he plugs the gut, collapses pockets and draws multiple blockers so other guys make plays unblocked. It'll never look pretty on stat sheets, but is VERY effective.

The question's whether we have much to rotate with him when he's tired and/or hurt without downgrading the core of our defensive line, and the depth to remain fierce when either half our "starting rotation" is too hurt to keep tagging in for the other one.

Hopefully he doesn't get hurt, but he seemed to be able to keep the foot on the gas the last two weeks, yesterday especially.

Joel
09-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Hopefully he doesn't get hurt, but he seemed to be able to keep the foot on the gas the last two weeks, yesterday especially.
It's just hard to imagine a guy that size playing a position that physically demanding and exhausting at 100% on every down all season. Especially since this is his first season at altitude; remember Wares stories about running bleachers his first offseason in Denver? If he can do it, fan-freakin-tastic, but I'd like some backup. Maybe the NFLs growing fondness for nickel will help, and if the offense can keep the ball for half a quarter several times a game as they did yesterday that'll DEFINITELY help.

VonDoom
09-18-2017, 03:54 PM
. Now they get to have Steve Kerr and Ahtyba Rubin join the party. This line is only going to get better.

VonDoom
09-18-2017, 03:55 PM
In all seriousness, I agree with your post. I said as much in the game thread. It's nice to be able to stop the run again. They're playing fast and angry.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Just think how stacked this D-line would be with muh boy Jarrett ... and Sheldon Richardson.

Cugel
09-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Last year's Dline was a weak spot on this team. Elway set out in the offseason to get bigger, more physical, and meaner. This line just completely dominated the best offensive line in football......without Kerr and Rubin. The vaunted Cowboys running game was at full strength and rushed for a total of 40 yards. 24 of those were by the QB. No team had held Zeke under 80 yards rushing since his rookie debut. He had 8 rushes on 9 carries.

This D line is legit. They are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game. They are holding opponents to 2.9 yards per carry. Shelby Harris is a diamond. Gotsis looks like a beast. Now they get to have Steve Kerr and Ahtyba Rubin join the party. This line is only going to get better.

They are deep, big, physical and nasty. Well done Mr. Elway.

I liked the defensive performance as well as anybody.

But, we have to remember something. Dallas is the most uncomplicated offense in football. Their OL is just huge. They line up and say "You might know what plays we're going to run. We're not trying to fool anybody. But, we can just line up and physically beat you down and you can't do anything about it."

If you punch them back in the mouth then like any bully, they don't have an answer.

Other teams are completely different: the Chiefs for instance. They will try and beat you with speedy guys like Tyreek Hill, and a vast, tough defense. It's about matchups.

Dallas doesn't matchup well at all against Denver, especially in Denver.

Those Chiefs games are going to be a war though. They have to at least split against both Chiefs and Raiders, which makes the next Raiders game a must win game.

Broncoknight30
09-23-2017, 09:47 AM
http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/centerpiece/homepage/2017/05-May/170516_peko2.jpg

He is really making a difference. He has a lot of energy. I think his switch to a 3-4 has been wonderful. I also credit Joe Woods. The only bad part about that is his name will rapidly become head coaching material.

Joel
09-23-2017, 11:49 AM
I don't think anyone (including him) is ready to make Domata Peko a HC just yet. :tongue: I'm just grateful Kinger kiestered a great NT on his way out of Cincy. ;)

Broncoknight30
09-23-2017, 11:58 AM
I don't think anyone (including him) is ready to make Domata Peko a HC just yet. :tongue: I'm just grateful Kinger kiestered a great NT on his way out of Cincy. ;)

Who said Peko as head coach? Referencing Joe Woods, who I am sure is aspiring to be a head coach.

If the defense continues to look like this, his name will be a hot name.