PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Bolles

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Is there an update on this? I left the house and missed what happened.

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 07:28 PM
MRI tomorrow morning

Tned
09-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Only that it's an ankle injury, per Klis, but nothing else.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Apparently he was crying. I wonder if he broke something

Tned
09-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Apparently he was crying. I wonder if he broke something

Maybe it was just the thought of his wife (Trevor) being protected by Stephenson that brought him to tears.

BigDaddyBronco
09-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Maybe it was just the thought of his wife (Trevor) being protected by Stephenson that brought him to tears.

Barbre was in at LT the last two series. That is how bad Stephenson is.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Suspected achilles.

Don't know how to embed tweets.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/status/909579765404676096

Davii
09-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Hope it turns out to be no big deal.

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 08:03 PM
tned can we get way to use embed function instead of copying the tweet link? or a new button adds it for me?
i just get tired of typing out

[tweet]https://twitter.com/n_bolles/status/909582661080850432

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-17-2017, 08:04 PM
edit double post

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-17-2017, 08:04 PM
tned can we get way to use embed function instead of copying the tweet link? or a new button adds it for me?
i just get tired of typing out

[tweet]https://twitter.com/n_bolles/status/909582661080850432

I hope your tweet referenced is more accurate than mine. God, that's good news if true.

edit: why is everything I type hotlinking?

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 08:05 PM
is his wife. dont know how much she knows tho.

And its because twitter embed on forum is broken! we need tned to fix it up! <3

Davii
09-17-2017, 08:06 PM
edit double post

that's his actual wife, good source

Davii
09-17-2017, 08:07 PM

This came up before, I believe the answer was we can't do it on this version or something along those lines.

Tned
09-17-2017, 08:10 PM
i just get tired of typing out [tweet]

Geez, I give you this nice blue forum for a decade and what do you want? More, more, more....

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 08:11 PM
I am like the plant from the little shop of horrors.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2017, 08:12 PM
Xray wouldn't show if it was an Achilles injury

Tned
09-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Joking aside, have you tried clicking the tweet button? I don't think I can add it to the quick reply, but if you click on advance, it's been there since I added the Tweet code a year or two ago.

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Joking aside, have you tried clicking the tweet button? I don't think I can add it to the quick reply, but if you click on advance, it's been there since I added the Tweet code a year or two ago.

wow. trying to make posters go all advanced

Simple Jaded
09-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Twitter seems like more troubled than it's worth.

Tned
09-17-2017, 08:37 PM

If I was younger I would make a get off my lawn crack, but instead will just say, it's not trouble and there is no greater source of up to the minute news on the broncos.

Tned
09-17-2017, 08:43 PM

Here's an example of that new fangled Tweeter thing:

https://twitter.com/n_bolles/status/909582661080850432

OrangeHoof
09-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Mormons are allowed to have multiple wives, especially the 6-7, 300+ pound types.

ShaneFalco
09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/909588666418425857

Tned
09-17-2017, 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/909597534959669248

Simple Jaded
09-17-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna open a Twitter account just to post "Get off my lawn!" and then close the account.

sneakers
09-17-2017, 09:16 PM

twitter is by far the worst thing created in the last 15 years

sneakers
09-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Mormons are allowed to have multiple wives, especially the 6-7, 300+ pound types.

who's gonna tell em no when they are that big??

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2017, 09:18 PM
who's gonna tell em no when they are that big??

His first wife?

Tned
09-17-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna open a Twitter account just to post "Get off my lawn!" and then close the account.

You don't need to "open" a Twitter account in order to see what the beat reporters and others are posting. Wake up and smell the 1's and 0's.

topscribe
09-17-2017, 09:33 PM
That's funny . . . but no.

WARHORSE
09-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Was it just me?

As soon as I saw him on the ground, I said "ANYONE but him!!!" lol

I just hope its not serious.

The Broncos put a beatdown on Dallas.

Simple Jaded
09-17-2017, 09:55 PM
You don't need to "open" a Twitter account in order to see what the beat reporters and others are posting. Wake up and smell the 1's and 0's.

But I would need to be lame.

BroncoWave
09-17-2017, 10:20 PM
This injury would be a crushing blow. Really hope it doesn't derail the offense. Bolles has been awesome. We can't afford too many injuries on the o-line. If I'm Elway, I'm making some calls to Cleveland.

scott.475
09-17-2017, 10:20 PM

That thought brought me to tears too, so...

scott.475
09-17-2017, 10:31 PM
I find it odd they wouldn't know whether it was even broken yet. His reaction makes be believe he knows it was very bad. When I broke my ankle a couple years ago, it was a very distinct cracking I felt, there was no doubt it was much more than a sprain. What I don't know is whether you actually feel any kind of snap when you tear a tendon.

topscribe
09-17-2017, 10:33 PM
That would do it. Fortunately, they put Barbre in there instead. Barbre's no All-Pro, but I'd rather see him there over Stephenson.

BroncoWave
09-17-2017, 10:34 PM
I find it odd they wouldn't know whether it was even broken yet. His reaction makes be believe he knows it was very bad. When I broke my ankle a couple years ago, it was a very distinct cracking I felt, there was no doubt it was much more than a sprain. What I don't know is whether you actually feel any kind of snap when you tear a tendon.

I once had a really nasty ankle sprain that had me on crutches for about a week and I also heard some very loud cracks which I thought for sure was a broken bone, (was just slight ligament tears), so hopefully that's what we have here. That injury I had probably would have kept someone out of competing for a few weeks at least, but better than the whole season.

Davii
09-17-2017, 10:44 PM
I once had a really nasty ankle sprain that had me on crutches for about a week and I also heard some very loud cracks which I thought for sure was a broken bone, (was just slight ligament tears), so hopefully that's what we have here. That injury I had probably would have kept someone out of competing for a few weeks at least, but better than the whole season.

But did it make you cry?

BroncoWave
09-17-2017, 10:46 PM
But did it make you cry?

Haha no idea, was a long time ago. I've seen guys in tears after an injury and wind up playing the next week, so i'm still holding out hope that's the case for Bolles. Doesn't look good though.

topscribe
09-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Haha no idea, was a long time ago. I've seen guys in tears after an injury and wind up playing the next week, so i'm still holding out hope that's the case for Bolles. Doesn't look good though.
I think Bolles was looking at the spectre of IR. At least, that was my impression.

Tned
09-17-2017, 11:15 PM

Ok, I'm confused. You really think you aren't? :confused:

topscribe
09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
Okay, so he's lame and you're confused (and I'm just out there).

So what's left of this board?

Simple Jaded
09-17-2017, 11:24 PM

Chicks dig me, T.

topscribe
09-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Chicks dig me, T.
You mean like the kind Von is raising?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-18-2017, 12:04 AM

How shall I respond to this statement? The open door beckons me.

dogfish
09-18-2017, 12:32 AM
call houston. . . if they don't wanna pay duane brown, we will. . .

Simple Jaded
09-18-2017, 12:35 AM

Chicks dig me, A-Dub.

Simple Jaded
09-18-2017, 12:36 AM
You mean like the kind Von is raising?

Oh no, they'd be on the menu at my house.

pnbronco
09-18-2017, 02:04 AM
On the news they said that it could be a high ankle sprain or a cracked bone that they couldn't see with a X-ray, that's why they want to do the MRI. He looked like he was in so much pain and was so upset. I can only hope it's the sprain and he can recover much sooner than later.

Tned
09-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Chicks dig me, T.

If I was a chick, I would be right there... ;)

Tned
09-18-2017, 10:13 AM
I heard Klis on 760 on the way into work. There was NO concern of Achilles. The training staff feared a broken tibia. At the moment, they think it's a bad bruise or fracture that didn't show on xray.

Joel
09-18-2017, 10:25 AM
I heard Klis on 760 on the way into work. There was NO concern of Achilles. The training staff feared a broken tibia. At the moment, they think it's a bad bruise or fracture that didn't show on xray.
That's reassuring; not great, but neither sounds season-threatening. May have a scary few weeks of Stephenson starting though; Oz may yet earn his keep. :(

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Trying not to get my hopes up but... c'mon football Gods, you owe us one.

BigDaddyBronco
09-18-2017, 11:42 AM
That's reassuring; not great, but neither sounds season-threatening. May have a scary few weeks of Stephenson starting though; Oz may yet earn his keep. :(

Way to jinx us. :smh:

Spiritguy
09-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Thinking with the way he plays (emotional guy) that some of those tears may have been feeling like he let his team mates down. Hoping for the best and he's back out there in a week or two.

BroncoJoe
09-18-2017, 11:56 AM

That, and I can't find any report that he's ever been injured before. Perhaps he was more shook-up because he's never experienced something like that before.

Tned
09-18-2017, 12:32 PM
@MikeKlis
23s
Further diagnosis on Garett Bolles: High ankle sprain/deep bone bruise. Out a couple weeks per source. #9sports

BroncoWave
09-18-2017, 12:33 PM
@MikeKlis
23s
Further diagnosis on Garett Bolles: High ankle sprain/deep bone bruise. Out a couple weeks per source. #9sports

Whew. That is GREAT news. He's one of the last guys on offense we could afford to lose.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2017, 12:34 PM
@MikeKlis
23s

I'm guessing that "couple weeks" is on the optimistic side, but still. .. . great news.

MOtorboat
09-18-2017, 12:34 PM
That is pretty much best-case scenario after he went down. He's been good. Good deal.

Davii
09-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Thank you football Gods. I'm very glad I sacrificed that chicken and goat last night. The wife wasn't pleased with the goat sacrifice, hopefully now she sees the importance.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Thank you football Gods. I'm very glad I sacrificed that chicken and goat last night. The wife wasn't pleased with the goat sacrifice, hopefully now she sees the importance.

Don't take credit with your heathen practices!

Davii
09-18-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing that "couple weeks" is on the optimistic side, but still. .. . great news.

Well, a couple weeks puts us in the bye week... So three weeks, then he returns for the Giants game maybe. So.... the Raiders like to rush the passer I hear... I hope McCoy comes up with a plan to mitigate, I have faith!

tomjonesrocks

Wow. How much better can it get?

MOtorboat

Don't complain about it. It worked. Thanks Pedro.

Davii
09-18-2017, 12:39 PM

I can't take full credit, the Broncos performed a much larger ritual sacrifice of 53 Cowboys!

Tned
09-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Hard to say, I only listened to ten minutes of 760 this morning, driving in to work, but Klis was on. He said the ankle really wasn't twisted, so he was going to be surprised if the diagnoses was high ankle sprain. Said the trainers were only worried about Tibial fracture. Said if it wasn't, then likely deep bruise.

That said, what do we have two games and then the bye? So, he could get nearly a month to heal, miss two games come back from SNF against the Giants (assuming my in my head math is right).

Davii
09-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Wow. How much better can it get?

Now that they know it's not too serious, how much shit will his team-mates give him over crying?

VonDoom
09-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Given how it looked and what we heard last night, that's the best possible outcome I could have thought of.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Now that they know it's not too serious, how much shit will his team-mates give him over crying?

He will never hear the end of it.

underrated29
09-18-2017, 12:50 PM

None.

Because Hodor will fvck all of them up. Then he will eat their babies. And hold their wives bodies up all mufasa like just like he did with his kid on draft day.

Tned
09-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Well, a couple weeks puts us in the bye week... So three weeks, then he returns for the Giants game maybe. So.... the Raiders like to rush the passer I hear... I hope McCoy comes up with a plan to mitigate, I have faith!

In my ten minutes of 760 this morning, Polumbus also addressed why Stephenson first went in at LT and then later Barbre. He said Barbre was always the plan, but right as Bolles was getting hurt, Barbre was going through concussion protocol. Once he was cleared, he took over LT. Tyler thinks Barbre will fill in until Bolles is back.

BigDaddyBronco
09-18-2017, 12:52 PM

I'm thinking he is crying over the thought of missing the rest of the season, not from pain. The guy is a passionate SOB.

BigDaddyBronco
09-18-2017, 12:53 PM
I was wondering why Stephenson went back to the bench. Hopefully Barbre can handle the speed rush better than Stephenson. I don't know if it is possible for him to be worse.

Tned
09-18-2017, 12:54 PM

Come on, he was worried about someone smacking his work wife around.

Joel
09-18-2017, 12:57 PM
I can't take full credit, the Broncos performed a much larger ritual sacrifice of 53 Cowboys!
The chicken and goat kinda did their part too, you ungrateful SOB. :tsk: What's the old joke about how the difference between "involved" and "committed" is bacon and eggs: The chicken's involved, but the pig's committed.

Joel
09-18-2017, 01:01 PM
In my ten minutes of 760 this morning, Polumbus also addressed why Stephenson first went in at LT and then later Barbre. He said Barbre was always the plan, but right as Bolles was getting hurt, Barbre was going through concussion protocol. Once he was cleared, he took over LT. Tyler thinks Barbre will fill in until Bolles is back.
I recall Aikman saying early (because that's the only time he could have said anything I actually heard) that Barbre "is known for his pass blocking" when commenting that he's also a solid run blocker. He can't be worse than Stephenson (sidebar: One thing I've always liked about Aikman, at least calling Cowboys games, is that he doesn't go in the tank for his old team, even with his old backup coaching them: When they screw up and/or get owned, he says so.)

Tned
09-18-2017, 01:03 PM
I recall Aikman saying early (because that's the only time he could have said anything I actually heard) that Barbre "is known for his pass blocking" when commenting that he's also a solid run blocker. He can't be worse than Stephenson (sidebar: One thing I've always liked about Aikman, at least calling Cowboys games, is that he doesn't go in the tank for his old team, even with his old backup coaching them: When they screw up and/or get owned, he says so.)

Definitely doesn't go in the tank, and Aikman is a good broadcaster, but man he was making excuses for the Broncos offensive outburst. All of CJ's runs were not CJ, but missed tackles -- none were broken tackles. The passing was largely the beleaguered secondary. He did give Siemian a lot of props, but he also was making a lot inferences of "the Broncos aren't this good, Cowboys just aren't executing" nature.

BroncoWave
09-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Definitely doesn't go in the tank, and Aikman is a good broadcaster, but man he was making excuses for the Broncos offensive outburst. All of CJ's runs were not CJ, but missed tackles -- none were broken tackles. The passing was largely the beleaguered secondary. He did give Siemian a lot of props, but he also was making a lot inferences of "the Broncos aren't this good, Cowboys just aren't executing" nature.

I like the Aikman/Buck duo. Way better than Simms/Nantz that we usually get (and I love Nantz, but Simms was THAT bad). I'm excited for us getting Nantz/Romo in a few weeks to see how Romo differs from Simms. I've heard good things about him.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2017, 01:10 PM

He did such a good job of it that several Cowboy's fans calling in to Siriux/XM NFL this morning were parroting those excuses. It was all Dallas deficiencies, not Broncos strengths.

I was savoring every salty tear.

WARHORSE
09-18-2017, 01:52 PM
YEAHHHHHHH!

Sorry. Had to get that out.

FIRED up for the Broncos......MORE fired up for Bolles and his fam. The kid just wants to slap some heads for his teammates.

Hes on to BUFFALO.

Joel
09-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Well, FWIW, I'm not convinced that wasn't the case. A 41-17 blowout leaves plenty of room for our offense to be good AND Dallas' D to blow chunks, and the latter did so even more than usual. It's not a "defense," it's Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence and 9 warm bodies. Scandrick's a decent but not great CB, yet they didn't even have him yesterday. How many points did we score because a "defender" literally fell down?

I didn't get to see the second half, but from what folks said here it sounds like the coaches did as I hoped; that is, they gave Watson help with Lawrence, and then it was just the same old grim story for Dallas fans: Sean Lee can't be everywhere at once (heaven knows he tries, because HE knows he must.) Throw in rookie CBs dropping like flies as DT and Sanders took them to school and... well, I did say that if the line could contain Lawrence and Siemian avoided Lee we should move the ball at will.

The big thing is that Dallas' offense is a talented balanced juggernaut as good as their D isn't, yet our D was equally well balanced in shutting it down completely. Lawrences strip-sack was the only reason Dez even got a TD, but Zeke got none and the whole TEAM only had two, one of them on a "drive" starting at our 3.

The drive charts tell the tale:

Dallas
3 plays, 9 yds, punt
4 plays, 15 yds, punt
6 plays, 22 yds, punt
2 plays, 3 yds, TD (thanks, Watson)
3 plays, -4 yds, punt
8 plays, 37 yds, FG (yea, Prevent, helped by a Broncos defensive time out called for no apparent reason)
2 plays, 10 yds, Int
11 plays, 33 yds, downs
6 plays, 39 yds, TD
3 plays, 7 yds, punt
8 plays, 58 yds, downs
9 plays, 32 yds, Int-TD
2 plays, 8 yds, EoG

They had THIRTEEN drives yet only ONE went >40 yds—and it was turned over on a 4th and 3 at our 7 because they were down so much with so little time left they had to go for it. Meanwhile...

Denver
8 plays 78 yds, TD (that's right: Our OPENING drive was longer than ANY of theirs)
10 plays, 63 yds, missed FG (believe it or not, the final could've been worse if we make that FG and don't allow them to kick one at EoH)
3 plays, -11 yds, fumble (seriously, Watson, wtF?!)
14 plays, 81 yds, TD
8 plays, 51 yds, TD
1 play, -1 yd, EoH
15 plays, 75 yds, TD
2 plays, 23 yds, TD
1 play, 0 yds, Int
3 plays, 8 yds, punt
6 plays, 24 yds, punt
3 plays, 3 yds, punt

Our first punt was with 12:37 left to play and a 35-17 lead, because 1) we were trading yards for time at that point and 2) the last time we tried to drive another nail in their coffin we gave them an Int which provided their second TD on a 39 yd drive. Basically, our D gave up 7 pts all game (the early FG and the TD when they were already in long FG range) to probably the best offense in the NFL.

The offense (mostly) did its job, taking full advantage of (most) opportunities and creating more than a few with nice long drives that kept our D fresh and uninjured, while exhausting and battering theirs. They gave Dallas 13 pts with the strip-sack, missed FG and Int, but scored 31 more, so no big deal. Yet the D truly brutalized an offense habitually on the other end of that abuse.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Andrew Mason Retweeted
Patrick Smyth‏Verified account @psmyth12 41m

Broncos HC Vance Joseph to @OrangeBlue760 on T Garett Bolles' injury: "We got some good news. It's a bone bruise, and it's week-to-week."

Simple Jaded
09-18-2017, 02:37 PM
I like the Aikman/Buck duo. Way better than Simms/Nantz that we usually get (and I love Nantz, but Simms was THAT bad). I'm excited for us getting Nantz/Romo in a few weeks to see how Romo differs from Simms. I've heard good things about him.

Caught Romo a couple weeks ago, he's got a ways to go.

Simple Jaded
09-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Andrew Mason Retweeted

Broncos HC Vance Joseph to @OrangeBlue760 on T Garett Bolles' injury: "We got some good news. It's a bone bruise, and it's week-to-week."

Knock on wood.......

Davii
09-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Caught Romo a couple weeks ago, he's got a ways to go.

Did you hear him calling the Pats-Saints game yesterday? When Gronk went down with the groin injury he said, "They tell us not to speculate on injuries, but I think he hurt his back."

Made me chuckle.

Joel
09-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Did you hear him calling the Pats-Saints game yesterday? When Gronk went down with the groin injury he said, "They tell us not to speculate on injuries, but I think he hurt his back."

Made me chuckle.
When all you have is a shattered spine, everything looks like a back injury. I mean, don't speak too soon, Tony: It could be a broken collarbone!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2017, 03:27 PM
This may be the official one:

Denver Broncos‏ @DenverBRRoncos 55m

Report: Garett Bolles has a high ankle sprain/deep bone bruise http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=c6ce16de318e2c2a269bfa4d515c60a1af323 4b1&query=denver%20broncos&taccount=denverbrroncos …

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Denver Broncos‏ @DenverBRRoncos 36m

Garett Bolles undergoes MRI on left ankle after leaving Sunday's game http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=6662c37df247d482c2e5a14567e7a0adff071 5ff&query=denver%20broncos&taccount=denverbrroncos …

OrangeHoof
09-18-2017, 04:15 PM
twitter is by far the worst thing created in the last 15 years

But only because rap/hip hop was invented earlier.

tomjonesrocks
09-18-2017, 04:16 PM
This may be the official one:

Denver Broncos‏ @DenverBRRoncos 55m

Report: Garett Bolles has a high ankle sprain/deep bone bruise http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=c6ce16de318e2c2a269bfa4d515c60a1af323 4b1&query=denver%20broncos&taccount=denverbrroncos …

I already commented but what a ******* relief. Live, you wonder about Lis Franc, Achilles - will be ever be the same? Wouldn't be the first promising Denver O-Lineman to have something he never comes back from.

Bolles - you ******* drama queen you ... :)

OrangeHoof
09-18-2017, 04:17 PM
How exactly do you bruise a bone?

OrangeHoof
09-18-2017, 04:24 PM

She's just upset with all the blood. I mean, how do you get that out of the carpet?

Cugel
09-18-2017, 05:00 PM

I agree. But, then I'm old and misanthropic. I notice that people who have anything worth saying on Twitter take more than 140 characters to say it. Only the generation of gnats can't bother to read anything longer.

Plus, "in them days nickels had pictures of bumble-bees on them! Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Where was I? Oh, yeah! The important thing to remember is that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I remember you couldn't get red onions because of the war. They only thing you could get was the big yellow ones."

Cugel
09-18-2017, 05:10 PM
@MikeKlis
23s

"High ankle sprain" actually means that the tendons separated from the bone. It's an incredibly painful injury according to ex-players who have had it. And it takes a couple of months to heal. Not 3 weeks. They may try and rush him back there, but you saw him actually crying in pain out there.

I think Mark Schlereth had that injury and insisted on a second diagnosis when they told him "ankle sprain" he thought a bone was totally broken, it hurt so bad. So, 3 weeks is wildly optimistic thinking.

But, an Achilles is "season done son", so this is very good news.

topscribe
09-18-2017, 05:13 PM
"High ankle sprain" actually means that the tendons separated from the bone. It's an incredibly painful injury according to ex-players who have had it. And it takes a couple of months to heal. Not 3 weeks. They may try and rush him back there, but you saw him actually crying in pain out there.

I think Mark Schlereth had that injury and insisted on a second diagnosis when they told him "ankle sprain" he thought a bone was totally broken, it hurt so bad. So, 3 weeks is wildly optimistic thinking.

But, an Achilles is "season done son", so this is very good news.
That's interesting because, in his presser today, VJ said it was a deep "bone bruise,"
saying nothing about a high ankle sprain. He said it twice.

sneakers
09-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Andrew Mason Retweeted

Season saved!

sneakers
09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
That's interesting because in his presser today, VJ said it was a deep "bone bruise,"

how does a bone bruise????????

topscribe
09-18-2017, 05:15 PM
how does a bone bruise????????
Come here, son . . . let me demonstrate . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-18-2017, 05:20 PM
That's interesting because, in his presser today, VJ said it was a deep "bone bruise,"

It might be a bit of gamesmanship, so teams don't know which LT to game plan for.

BroncoJoe
09-18-2017, 05:21 PM
I wonder how many more times Cugel will post the pic of an old man yelling at the clouds.

Cugel
09-18-2017, 05:48 PM
How exactly do you bruise a bone?

By having the tendons detach from the bone. That's what a "high ankle sprain" is according to Stink on the radio yesterday. It's the sort of injury, that if I had it, I would be off my feet for a month, and then baby my ankle with a walking boot for about 6 months, and then it would take a couple of years to fully heal right, and that entire time your ankle would be susceptible of re-injury.

I know this because when I was 14 I suffered that injury by landing on the side of my foot while running high hurdles in junior high. The injury swelled my ankle up so that it was noticeably larger and weaker than the other ankle for years afterwards. And I kept re-injuring it. I had a permanent ankle brace until I was about 19.

Of course, Bolles has much better therapy than I did, but it's still not a minor injury.

Cugel
09-18-2017, 05:52 PM
I wonder how many more times Cugel will post the pic of an old man yelling at the clouds.

Abe Simpson is my avatar dude! "Sir Rants A-Lot!"

"I didn't earn it! I don't need it! But if they miss one payment, I'll raise hell!"

dogfish
09-19-2017, 10:59 AM
so, good news. . . whether it's a bruise and he's truly week to week, or it's a sprain and he comes back after the bye. . . the bad news is that menelik watson didn't magically become competent overnight, barbre has never played left tackle, and stephenson is still a disaster. . .

i'd still make a call to houston about duane brown. . .

Hawgdriver
09-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Stephenson played 2 snaps after Bolles went down. Why is that clown even on the roster?

NightTrainLayne
09-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Stephenson played 2 snaps after Bolles went down. Why is that clown even on the roster?

He only played those two snaps because Barbre was in the concussion protocol when Bolles went down.

I guess they only want him to play RT if necessary.

Cugel
09-19-2017, 12:39 PM
He only played those two snaps because Barbre was in the concussion protocol when Bolles went down.

You're right. But, as Stokely said yesterday on the radio "I don't understand it at all." They need more T's and fewer G's. I can't understand why Stephenson is on the roster.

It's one of the imponderable mysteries of life, like "why the Karsashians Lord? Have we not suffered enough with plagues of toads and such like?"

Cugel
09-19-2017, 12:42 PM

The bone bruise was the high ankle sprain. Joseph is just pulling a Belichick: "it was a lower body injury."

VonDoom
09-19-2017, 12:53 PM

It's funny, because Joseph said that Stephenson is the "swing tackle" but that Barbre would probably provide better run blocking. So what's the purpose of the swing tackle if not to take over when one of the starters is out for any reason? Not that I advocate playing Stephenson - I think this idea is much more creative, and gives a better chance of the best guys being on the field.

Cugel
09-19-2017, 12:59 PM
It's funny, because Joseph said that Stephenson is the "swing tackle" but that Barbre would probably provide better run blocking. So what's the purpose of the swing tackle if not to take over when one of the starters is out for any reason? Not that I advocate playing Stephenson - I think this idea is much more creative, and gives a better chance of the best guys being on the field.

That's the question everybody was asking yesterday! What IS the purpose of having a "swing tackle" who can't swing to the LT when he's needed?

As Hugh Heffner had on his brass door plaque: "Si non oscillas, noli tintinare." ["If you don't swing, don't ring."]

LawDog
09-19-2017, 12:59 PM
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00341

Was in a hurry, there is an article on this site specific to bone bruises not just contusions in general, but I linked the wrong one. Will find the proper one later. In the meanwhile, the post below has good info.

Spiritguy
09-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Had no Idea so I looked up bone bruise. ;)

People frequently think of a black-and-blue mark on the skin when they hear the word "bruise." However, a bruise is a type of injury that can also involve the muscle or a bone. A bone bruise is an injury that involves the medullary part of the bone, which consists of fibrous tissue called trabeculae. Compared to a bone fracture where all trabeculae of a part of a bone are broken, only a few trabeculae are injured in a bone bruise, and it may therefore be described or considered as a stage before an actual fracture occurs.

This image (L) shows a knee bone that has been injured, and beside it is a longitudinal cut of the bone which shows the medullary part of the bone (red) that exhibits some broken bone fibers are bleeding.

A bone bruise commonly occurs in the knee bone, involving the long bone of the thigh or femur, but it can also occur in other parts of the body such as the wrist, heel, foot, or hipbone.

Kinds of Bone Bruise

Depending on the area of bone involvement, there are three kinds of bone bruises, which include a subperiosteal hematoma, an interosseous bruise, and a subchondral bruise.

Subperiosteal hematoma - A bone has a thin covering called the periosteum, and a direct force can cause an injury with bleeding beneath this covering, resulting in a subperiosteal hematoma.
Interosseous bruise - On the other hand, high compressive forces that are repetitively inflicted on a bone can cause bleeding inside the bone where the marrow is located, causing a bone bruise called interosseous bruising. This commonly occurs in the knees and ankles of professional basketball or football players.
Subchondral bruise - Finally, there is the subchondral bruise which occurs between a cartilage and the bone beneath it, causing the cartilage to separate from the bone with bleeding in between.

more here: http://www.md-health.com/Bone-Bruise.html

GEM
09-19-2017, 02:11 PM

This is what Polumbus said. Stephenson is not a swing tackle, RT only.

topscribe
09-19-2017, 02:25 PM
The bone bruise was the high ankle sprain. Joseph is just pulling a Belichick: "it was a lower body injury."
Actually, I misquoted a bit. VJ didn't say "bone bruise." He just said a bruise in the lower leg.
Still probably the Belichick thing you spoke of . . .

Simple Jaded
09-20-2017, 12:07 AM
A bone bruise is not a ligament issue, at least mine wasn't. I twisted my foot completely backwards, Kuper style, in the process I got a bone bruise on the talus. It took months to heel, and I'm not a 300lb (yet) athlete. It showed up on an MRI nearly a year later.

From what I understand a bone bruise could actually become a fracture, so he's got that going for him.

LawDog
09-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Bolles has a post-practice presser up on the team site. My only comment is that dude is so passionate...

topscribe
09-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Bolles has a post-practice presser up on the team site. My only comment is that dude is so passionate...
I looked at the shoulders and arms on the guy and decided I'm not going to say anything about his mama . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2017, 09:33 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Garett Bolles had never before been hurt.

Not seriously, anyway.

Not at the high-school, collegiate or professional level. Not in lacrosse or football.

So when a Cowboys defensive lineman’s leg whipped into the back of Bolles left foot, he was understandably concerned.

rest, plus video
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Garett-Bolles-grateful-to-be-back-on-practice-field-after-injury/29e7ec77-6cbf-496f-a013-2b0bb554347f

Poet
09-21-2017, 10:47 PM
I wanted a LT. Not him in particular, but I'm glad we have him. Easy to root for. He's a monster, and he feels disrespected.

dogfish
09-21-2017, 11:46 PM
I wanted a LT. Not him in particular, but I'm glad we have him. Easy to root for. He's a monster, and he feels disrespected.

disrespected by life, and by anyone who doesn't think his work wife is the best QB in the world. . . heads must roll, kingster. . . i'm glad you saw the error of your ways in time. . .

Poet
09-22-2017, 07:01 AM
You're my work wife

ShaneFalco
10-30-2019, 10:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EILQRBQXsAA8nzT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Simple Jaded
10-31-2019, 11:40 AM
Again, clearly we’re applying double standards for professional athletes, intelligence is no longer much of a priority.

Poet
11-06-2019, 06:26 PM
disrespected by life, and by anyone who doesn't think his work wife is the best QB in the world. . . heads must roll, kingster. . . i'm glad you saw the error of your ways in time. . .

This is what happens when you betray your convictions.

Regardless, we must move on.

We must also dance.

Elevation inc
11-07-2019, 02:24 AM
So I don't think Bolles is actually going anywhere now. Based off Fangio's comments and his cap hit and dead money hit to get cut after the season....I would expect we Address OT to have a option to replace him if needed, but I'm pretty sure he will still be on this team next year now and possibly still starting...That sucks in the worst way but hopefully we draft a good rookie who beats him out in TC, so he can move to the swing tackle roll.

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 08:03 AM
So I don't think Bolles is actually going anywhere now. Based off Fangio's comments and his cap hit and dead money hit to get cut after the season....I would expect we Address OT to have a option to replace him if needed, but I'm pretty sure he will still be on this team next year now and possibly still starting...That sucks in the worst way but hopefully we draft a good rookie who beats him out in TC, so he can move to the swing tackle roll.

Swing Tackle roll, sounds awful.

chazoe60
11-07-2019, 08:26 AM
I wonder if he would do any better if he moved inside to guard? I think we should at least try it. He will never succeed at LT. We need a new LT next season without a doubt.

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 08:38 AM
I wonder if he would do any better if he moved inside to guard? I think we should at least try it. He will never succeed at LT. We need a new LT next season without a doubt.

Apparently his biggest problem is he’s stupid, you’d think he’d benefit from having someone smart on each side.

chazoe60
11-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Apparently his biggest problem is he’s stupid, you’d think he’d benefit from having someone smart on each side.

He also has terrible pass blocking technique.

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 09:15 AM
He also has terrible pass blocking technique.

Well yeah, when you put it like that it sounds bad.

Davii
11-07-2019, 10:34 AM

It's the last year of his contract and his total cap hit is 3.5 million IF we keep him. Cut him and only 1.5 million is left to hit the cap.

If he's here next year his contract has nothing to do with it.

Hell, a few days ago people were literally arguing we should pay 20 million for a 2nd round pick, but a 1.5 million dollar hit is too much to get rid of the biggest liability on the entire team?

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 11:19 AM
It's the last year of his contract and his total cap hit is 3.5 million IF we keep him. Cut him and only 1.5 million is left to hit the cap.

If he's here next year his contract has nothing to do with it.

Hell, a few days ago people were literally arguing we should pay 20 million for a 2nd round pick, but a 1.5 million dollar hit is too much to get rid of the biggest liability on the entire team?

In my defense they were arguing, I was teaching.

Davii
11-07-2019, 11:50 AM
In my defense they were arguing, I was teaching.

If you were "teaching" that paying 20mil to buy a 2nd round pick is cool but high fiving that having a 1.5mil dead cap hit for Bolles is just too much to pay then there's a disconnect somewhere

BroncoWave
11-07-2019, 11:57 AM
There really isn't much upside to cutting Bolles before his contact expires. Teams are so desperate for oline help I'd just let him play out his deal, hope he can show to be at least a borderline stater, and see if someone else will sign him and maybe you get a late comp pick. The cap hit is inconsequential whether you keep or dump him.

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 12:01 PM
If you were "teaching" that paying 20mil to buy a 2nd round pick is cool but high fiving that having a 1.5mil dead cap hit for Bolles is just too much to pay then there's a disconnect somewhere

I high fived that because I don’t think Bolles is going anywhere, hope that they address the T issue and because swing tackle rolls sound awful.

Slick
11-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Roles you dummy!

Simple Jaded
11-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Roles you dummy!

Oh, that makes more better sense.

Davii
11-07-2019, 12:30 PM
There really isn't much upside to cutting Bolles before his contact expires. Teams are so desperate for oline help I'd just let him play out his deal, hope he can show to be at least a borderline stater, and see if someone else will sign him and maybe you get a late comp pick. The cap hit is inconsequential whether you keep or dump him.

Agreed. Doesn't matter either way. However, we can't ride with Bolles. We need a serious upgrade at LT whether he is here for another season or not.

Spiritguy
11-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Swing Tackle roll, sounds awful. Got to agree. I don't think he has it in him to switch everything in order to go to the right side if necessary. Hell, he struggles to do everything in the stance he has played for a few years now. :listen:

Ask him to reverse his foot placement, hand placement etc... don't think he can do it. :tsk: Pretty much stuck on the left side.

Elevation inc
11-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Agreed. Doesn't matter either way. However, we can't ride with Bolles. We need a serious upgrade at LT whether he is here for another season or not.

I think everyone is on the same page with that including me, but I’m doubting bolles gets cuts unless they know for a fact we have a proven upgrade on the roster...

Davii
11-07-2019, 05:14 PM
I think everyone is on the same page with that including me, but I’m doubting bolles gets cuts unless they know for a fact we have a proven upgrade on the roster...

I'll volunteer. I'm a ******* upgrade.

Poet
11-07-2019, 05:16 PM
I'll volunteer. I'm a ******* upgrade.

Make that money! Cut that meat!

ShaneFalco
12-02-2019, 01:21 AM
he actually looked pretty good today