PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Crick is going to IR

Freyaka
09-15-2017, 09:24 AM
Broncos DL Jared Crick is undergoing back surgery and will have a "lengthy absence."
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Crick could be headed to I.R. We'd bet on it after the Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin on Friday morning. Crick didn't play Week 1 and was rather terrible across 938 snaps last season

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7508/jared-crick

Apparently we signed Ahtyaba Rubin in his place

Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin, formerly of the Seahawks.
Rubin, 31, was dumped by the Seahawks at final cuts after they traded for Sheldon Richardson. The Broncos' defensive front needs help; NT Domata Peko and DT Jared Crick are below-average starters. Rubin isn't much of an upgrade, but he's worth a flier to help try and shore up this defense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4932/ahtyba-rubin

underrated29
09-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Sorry crick but this is perfect. I don't know the other guy but I already like him better...and he played for Seattle, whom they tried to trade. Mo way would anyone trade for crick

VonDoom
09-15-2017, 09:49 AM
I posted this in the game week thread. Some of the beat writers are saying it's not a guarantee he gets surgery, but I suspect that's where it's headed. Back injuries are tricky, so that's probably the best course of action for him.

Ziggy
09-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Sorry crick but this is perfect. I don't know the other guy but I already like him better...and he played for Seattle, whom they tried to trade. Mo way would anyone trade for crick

No one would trade for Rubin either. Crick was having a great camp and preseason before going down with injury. Rubin is a run stuffing beast, but offers no pass rush. Mr. Harris, come on down!

Freyaka
09-15-2017, 10:02 AM

Rubin was really suspect across the board last year, he's not a great player currently IMO, but could find a second wind with us. Crick's not a great player either so really it's kind of a wash.

We're basically going to have to keep signing warm bodies to toss at that position all year until one sticks anyway, Rubin's as good as anyplace to start doing so.

Freyaka
09-15-2017, 10:04 AM
No one would trade for Rubin either. Crick was having a great camp and preseason before going down with injury. Rubin is a run stuffing beast, but offers no pass rush. Mr. Harris, come on down!

From what I understand (and I could be wrong) Rubin even struggled against the run last year which is why Seattle is cutting bait. Sometimes a fresh location can cause a player to bounce back, we'll see how it works out.

VonDoom
09-15-2017, 10:41 AM
From what I understand (and I could be wrong) Rubin even struggled against the run last year which is why Seattle is cutting bait. Sometimes a fresh location can cause a player to bounce back, we'll see how it works out.

He can be thrown right into the fire against Zeke and that O-line this week.

NightTerror218
09-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Only reason Seattle cut him was because they got Richardson.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2017, 11:19 AM
I like our rotation of Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis. I don't think we have to count on Rubin starting. He was a good player at one point in his career, but sure what he has left in the tank

dogfish
09-15-2017, 11:20 AM
crick is a slug. . . i won't miss watching him get pushed around. . . gotsis looked great on monday night . . .

Hawgdriver
09-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Did anyone get a look at Jarrett's three snaps?

underrated29
09-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Crick is John Engelberger. Excellently average in all areas

dogfish
09-15-2017, 11:51 AM

i only noticed him out there once. . . they weren't moving him, though. . .

Magnificent Seven
09-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Awesome sign! DL is upgraded. Look forward to seeing some actions from Rubin!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2017, 01:06 PM

I looked away from the screen on one play in particular to hear them call his name. I know he had one run stuff, but I didn't actually see the play. I just heard the announcers talking about how massive he is and how difficult he would be to move out of the way

slim
09-15-2017, 01:09 PM
It's a good thing we have never been deeper.

Cugel
09-16-2017, 06:08 AM

Remember the Seahawks getting rid of Russell Okung last year? Same thing here. Rubin isn't going to be great. HOpefully, he'll be serviceable. We'll see.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Remember the Seahawks getting rid of Russell Okung last year? Same thing here. Rubin isn't going to be great. HOpefully, he'll be serviceable. We'll see.

We've got 3 good players in front of him, so hopefully we don't need him to help too much. I didn't see Kerr do anything of note in the preseason.

broncofaninfla
09-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Perfect rotation player, solid in short yardage packages.