PDA

View Full Version : Some assorted Siemian Stats

Tned
09-12-2017, 03:56 PM
As one of the big resident Siemian homers, I figured I'll create a thread to post some assorted stats as the season goes on.

Week 1:

Second only to Brady (10.3) in average completed air yards at 9.1 averages (Wilson tied for second with 9.1).

Third fastest time to throw at 2.26 seconds (Carr 2.04, Flacco 2.18)

Sixth in aggressiveness percentage at 33.3%, which is throws where the defender was within a yard or less of intended receiver at completion/incompletion

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

8th in deep passing yards with 73

Tied for first with 100% adjusted completion on deep throws of 20+ yards in the air (PFF considers ball to Sanders in endzone a drop, I'm mixed)

13th in adjusted completion % on all throws (above is just deep).

3rd in QB rating while under pressure at 122.9 (ironically above his overall rating for the game).

Tied for 3rd in sacks taken at 4

2nd in number % of plays that were play action, but 11th QB rating on play action 62.5 and 4th in yards per attempt on play action

2nd in QB rating on non play action passes at 110.8 and 9th in yards per attempt.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/elite/stats/quarterback/rating#tools

CrazyHorse
09-12-2017, 04:48 PM
I don't like that sack statistic.

BeefStew25
09-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I love man ranch

Tned
09-12-2017, 05:55 PM
I don't like that sack statistic.

Is it because I went with 3rd instead of third??? ;)

I think the reality is that that number could have been 6+ sacks.

At least VJ didn't repeat what he's been saying in preseason, which is "protection was pretty good." Something anyone watching could tell was not the same thing, or continuing to contend that Garcia and Barbre are both playing well and that's why they are splitting time.

He finally said protection needs to be better.

"The pass protection was not that good. Again, we were facing two elite rushers in Ingram and Bosa. We knew it was going to be a chore, but we have to be better there. It was too much pressure on Trevor. There were too many whiffs as far as blocking those speed rushers. It’s got to get better.”

topscribe
09-12-2017, 06:11 PM

I think the reality is that that number could have been 6+ sacks.

At least VJ didn't repeat what he's been saying in preseason, which is "protection was pretty good." Something anyone watching could tell was not the same thing, or continuing to contend that Garcia and Barbre are both playing well and that's why they are splitting time.

He finally said protection needs to be better.

"The pass protection was not that good. Again, we were facing two elite rushers in Ingram and Bosa. We knew it was going to be a chore, but we have to be better there. It was too much pressure on Trevor. There were too many whiffs as far as blocking those speed rushers. It’s got to get better.”
What VJ didn't mention was that if they keep allowing all those big hits on Trevor, he's going to be missing games again.

Tned
09-12-2017, 06:12 PM
What VJ didn't mention was that if they keep allowing all those big hits on Trevor, he's going to be missing games again.

Which I think goes without saying on the too much pressure. He had two or three hits at least that could have knocked him out of the game, put him in concussion protocol, etc. I know I cringed on one that wasn't too much different than the one he hurt his shoulder on last year.

topscribe
09-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Which I think goes without saying on the too much pressure. He had two or three hits at least that could have knocked him out of the game, put him in concussion protocol, etc. I know I cringed on one that wasn't too much different than the one he hurt his shoulder on last year.
The guy should have been penalized and fined for the body slam last year. The one I cringed
at yesterday was Ingram's spearing that caught Trevor flush in the neck. A couple inches
higher, and Tevor would have been in concussion protocol.

OrangeHoof
09-12-2017, 07:43 PM
When I saw Trevor almost give up a pick six in the first qtr I said to myself "If Paxton does that, all we'd hear about is how he can't read defenses and this is proof why he shouldn't start, blah blah" but since it was Seimien, it will all be forgotten.

OrangeHoof
09-12-2017, 07:44 PM

Not to mention missing some teeth.

Tned
09-12-2017, 07:55 PM
When I saw Trevor almost give up a pick six in the first qtr I said to myself "If Paxton does that, all we'd hear about is how he can't read defenses and this is proof why he shouldn't start, blah blah" but since it was Seimien, it will all be forgotten.

I guess it's good that Lynch isn't capable of beating out a low ceiling, low talent 7th round pick, so we didn't have to see all those Lynch bashing posts.

topscribe
09-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Well, all will be forgotten because of Siemian's superlative performance after that . . .

topscribe
09-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Eric Goodman & Les Shapiro: Pretty good conversation on Trevor Siemian: http://tinyurl.com/y7wqcaz6

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2017, 10:17 PM
I stopped listening at "cagy". Shut up dude-

Canmore
09-12-2017, 11:02 PM

Don't jinx Trevor top.

topscribe
09-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Don't jinx Trevor top.
I know, huh. I just hope he doesn't get body slammed like he was last year.

topscribe
09-13-2017, 12:14 AM
I stopped listening at "cagy". Shut up dude-
Actually, he likes Trevor a lot. But I was somewhat amused by his allusion that white
men aren't that athletic. I guess he never watched Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Ben
Roethlisberger, our own John Elway, or even Paxton Lynch. I guess the wrong people
would accuse him of racism, but I'm not that politically correct . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 12:19 AM
Actually, he likes Trevor a lot. But I was somewhat amused by his allusion that white
men aren't that athletic. I guess he never watched Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Ben
Roethlisberger, our own John Elway, or even Paxton Lynch. I guess the wrong people
would accuse him of racism, but I'm not that politically correct . . .

I just find him to be highly annoying. I deal with enough enjoying stuff throughout the day.

Is he racist? I don't know. His statements definitely qualify as ignorant however.

topscribe
09-13-2017, 12:26 AM
I just find him to be highly annoying. I deal with enough enjoying stuff throughout the day.

Is he racist? I don't know. His statements definitely qualify as ignorant however.
I doubt that he is. I'm just saying that some might accuse him of that. But I understand.
He doesn't exactly make beautiful music, does he? :dance:

NightTrainLayne
09-13-2017, 10:58 AM

I read that as 3rd from the bottom, not 3rd best at sacks taken.

Surely that's what the stat is saying.

Otherwise, we are to believe that around 29 other QB's took 4 or MORE sacks over the weekend? Is that right? Maybe everyone had a lot of sacks, I didn't watch every game. Phillip Rivers sure didn't take 4 sacks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Otherwise, we are to believe that around 29 other QB's took 4 or MORE sacks over the weekend? Is that right? Maybe everyone had a lot of sacks, I didn't watch every game. Phillip Rivers sure didn't take 4 sacks.

I took it as 3rd worst. 4 sacks is a lot

NightTrainLayne
09-13-2017, 11:49 AM
I took it as 3rd worst. 4 sacks is a lot

Yeah, I googled in the meantime. It is 3rd worst. And maybe I'm misinterpreting Tned's response, but took it initially as "third best isn't bad".

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I googled in the meantime. It is 3rd worst. And maybe I'm misinterpreting Tned's response, but took it initially as "third best isn't bad".
I think he's suggesting his play was pretty impressive considering how much pressure he faced

Joel
09-13-2017, 12:22 PM
I think he's suggesting his play was pretty impressive considering how much pressure he faced
That's how I read it, but I pretty much beat that drum 24/7 for all our backs (i.e. both quarter- and running-.)

NightTrainLayne
09-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

Tned
09-13-2017, 12:36 PM

I was joking with Crazyhorse when he said he didn't like that stat, meaning he doesn't like to see our QB was sacked 4 times, so I joked about 3rd vs third.

Then went on to say that it could have been worse. I said it could easily have been 4+ sacks, and read somewhere (maybe a Mile High Sports article) where they speculated easily 6-8 sacks.

I assumed in that case, due to the number being 4 sacks, that it would be a given that it was 3rd worst, but I probably should have added that, since it's the only one that was x worst rather than x best.

dogfish
09-13-2017, 01:19 PM
can't remember where i heard it, but it works. . . if peyton was The Sheriff, then trevor is The Deputy. . .

topscribe
09-13-2017, 01:25 PM
And Trevor did face a lot of pressure. An awful lot . . .

Tned
09-13-2017, 01:57 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/TS_week1_2017.JPG

https://twitter.com/PFF_Denver/status/908041114174853120

Hawgdriver
09-13-2017, 02:14 PM

By god Watson! I think you've got it!

Tned
09-13-2017, 02:16 PM
can't remember where i heard it, but it works. . . if peyton was The Sheriff, then trevor is The Deputy. . .

And Rex Ryan is the prisoner that should have been beaten with a rubber hose until he could broadcast no more.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 02:17 PM
By god Watson! I think you've got it!
Did you stay up for the whole game?

Hawgdriver
09-13-2017, 02:19 PM
Did you stay up for the whole game?

No, wife and I knocked that out during halftime.

dogfish
09-13-2017, 02:36 PM
And Rex Ryan is the prisoner that should have been beaten with a rubber hose until he could broadcast no more.

lol. . . i haven't gotten to hear the broadcast yet. . . the reviews haven't been encouraging. . . :laugh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 09:28 PM
lol. . . i haven't gotten to hear the broadcast yet. . . the reviews haven't been encouraging. . . :laugh:

It was horrendous.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Although I could see Ryan turning into America's likeable buffoon, in the mode of John Madden.

topscribe
09-13-2017, 09:54 PM
Although I could see Ryan turning into America's likeable buffoon, in the mode of John Madden.
Except that Madden was a terrific analyst. He explained details that would have never
occurred to me. He helped to give me a new appreciation of the game at that time.

dogfish
09-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Except that Madden was a terrific analyst. I explained details that would have never
occurred to me. He helped to give me a new appreciation of the game at that time.

"They bring the TE down on the wham block, and BOOM!"

Tned
09-14-2017, 11:47 PM
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/907644379405336576
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/907643695196860416
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/907643278803263488