PDA

View Full Version : T dog, t swizzle, t man. TFS.

Valar Morghulis
09-12-2017, 04:50 AM
Ok, I know the siemian thing is still an issue with many people looking for our next qbotf and then there are people like me who think it's possible we may already have found him.

To this end, I don't want to project his long term career, but I am interested in "making the leap"

So, do the good people of Broncos forums feel like on last night's display tman has made some progress in his game?

Like, were people happy with the progress he made this off season and For someone with his experience, are they optimistic?

Northman
09-12-2017, 05:00 AM
Ok, I know the siemian thing is still an issue with many people looking for our next qbotf and then there are people like me who think it's possible we may already have found him.

To this end, I don't want to project his long term career, but I am interested in "making the leap"

So, do the good people of Broncos forums feel like on last night's display tman has made some progress in his game?

Like, were people happy with the progress he made this off season and For someone with his experience, are they optimistic?

So far i can only go on the highlights i saw this morning. But from what i saw he looks like a baller. The one pass to DT was on the money but again, just highlights. I have no idea how he looked beyond that. If he was consistent like he was in the highlights i dont think Denver needs to search anymore unless something much better ends in their lap. I know going by personality Trevor isnt a world burner, but if the team loves him and he helps us win games than thats all that is really required right?

ShaneFalco
09-12-2017, 05:57 AM
Thats the power of love.

Oh and the lockeroom is callin him TmanSwiggle

Tned
09-12-2017, 06:49 AM
His nickname with the team was Tmoney for what it's worth.

Should have been one other option that I would have chosen of: Siemian continues to improve with experience, picking up where he left off last year

In terms of accuracy and velocity, this was the Siemian we say in the first 3.5 games last year before he separated his shoulder.

Yes, I am encouraged that at least through one game there wasn't obvious regression.

Worth noting last night was only his 15th starter (and preseason playing time in his three preseasons as well), so he's still a very inexperienced starter.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2017, 06:50 AM
He was money last night. He hit some tight windows

Tned
09-12-2017, 07:41 AM
While the question was kind of a joke about Vick, I'm putting this in here for his comment about Siemian winning the job a long time ago. I think something we've all known in reality, is that it should not have been an open competition, and even once it was, Siemian won it long ago.

On whether he thought Siemian ran like former NFL QB Michael Vick

"Michael Vick, huh? He was like Michael Vick. That play in the goal line; that's my quarterback. A little [former NFL WR Terrell Owens] T.O. quote, 'That's my quarterback. I'm proud of my quarterback.' He did a great job and he's done a great job since OTAs leading this team. He won the starting spot a long time ago and he does a great job offensively in the locker room all day. Whenever you get him in those situations, you know he's going to make the right decisions. He made great decisions all night long for us."

broncofaninfla
09-12-2017, 07:44 AM
We got to see what TS would look like with improved OL play and a running game and I personally loved what I saw. TS is rock solid and smart, I still see upside with this kid.

Bronco4ever
09-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Dual threat QB.

Slick
09-12-2017, 08:41 AM
I liked his mobility last night. Just like the opening game against the Panthers last year.

Let's see how the rest of the season goes. I'm still far from being convinced this guy is a long term answer.

BroncoWave
09-12-2017, 08:43 AM
I was very impressed. Just makes it all the funnier how outraged people got over the Sloter/Oz stuff. Neither of those guys would have seen the field this year barring injury. TS is our guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2017, 09:17 AM
I was very impressed. Just makes it all the funnier how outraged people got over the Sloter/Oz stuff. Neither of those guys would have seen the field this year barring injury. TS is our guy.

Sloter would have thrown for 5 touchdowns and 450 yards!

Davii
09-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Had we dumped TS in his first season like we did KS, where would we be now? Cutting him was a mistake regardless, nothing to do with TS. Kid showed promise as a project, we should've kept him. If he showed even more promise/progress next year he could be Lynch's replacement.

To keep with the subject: Trevor played very well last night. Neither turnover was his fault and I'm sure had they not happened that one of those was turning into points and the game would've been iced.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2017, 09:58 AM
TS balled out last night. Stood in there and took some hits to get the pass off. The only really dumb thing he did was right before the 2 min warning he threw the ball out of bounds instead of running to eat up some clock. He'll get better at that stuff with some experience. Some of the throws were into some tight windows and he got it there. The interception wasn't his fault, but he could have thrown it into the ground as Fowler was being mobbed.

Line wasn't great. Menelik needs to work on his footwork, he was getting ragdolled out there.

NightTrainLayne
09-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Trevor seems to have taken another good step forward.

He appeared to have a good command of the huddle and line of scrimmage. He was accurate.

What I really liked is he threw some balls that were there for his receiver to go make a play. His location was good, and allowed his receiver the opportunity to make a play, or alternatively the defender did not have an opportunity.

He did take that sack late that he should not have resulting in a much longer FG attempt. He just can't do that. He had the bad pass in the flats to CJ. . ..that would have been an ugly pick 6 if the CB holds onto it.

But overall, he's looking good. He has a very even-keeled personality, and I think it serves him and this team really well.

MasterShake
09-12-2017, 10:01 AM
He really sold me last night. The fact that he can stand in the pocket and drop dimes was huge, and him breaking Bosa's ankles on the TD was impressive as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2tgfYg2MVk

Tned
09-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Had we dumped TS in his first season like we did KS, where would we be now? Cutting him was a mistake regardless, nothing to do with TS. Kid showed promise as a project, we should've kept him. If he showed even more promise/progress next year he could be Lynch's replacement.

To keep with the subject: Trevor played very well last night. Neither turnover was his fault and I'm sure had they not happened that one of those was turning into points and the game would've been iced.

Have to go back and watch, but I think the only real bad play by TS was the dropped pick (possibly pick 6). A few other passes that could have been better, like the pass to Sanders in the endzone that was hot and a hair long, and the one to Sanders in the corner that was a bit too wide, but the only big mistake I recall was the horrible pass that was a dropped int.

Conversely, I thought he had a lot of really good, crisp throws in tight windows and managed to handle intense pressure very well.

I'm guessing our tackles are going to have very low, possibly below 50 PFF grades. I would suspect Siemian will be 75-85+, which is solid.

Krugan
09-12-2017, 10:16 AM

And this is where i think people may be misunderstanding KS talk.

My issue was, your dropping a young kid who showed potential, for a guy who had been here, started elsewhere, was dumped by 2nd team and not just dumped they gave away a draft pick to get rid of him, the team he went too is a dumpster fire and he couldnt make it there. So why not bring him back to denver who he left just a short time ago?

It wasnt about KS taking the starting job, just that KS cant be that much worse then brock. So a lateral move if not a step backwards.

Of course this is all just talk at this point, because one of the two isnt here anymore....