PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see the broncos didn't pull and dick moves

sneakers
09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
The ultimate dick move is when you have a low round or undrafted rookie make the team only to be released a day after he made the team so the team can free up a roster spot to sign a veteran who was cut by another team the day before.

It always irks me when I see this.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm guessing that was suppose to be an "any", not an "and". :laugh:

BroncoWave
09-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Eh, it's a business. That kind of stuff happens.

Joel
09-06-2017, 09:08 AM
You mean like waiting until less than a week before Opening Day before telling a three-time Pro Bowl team captain his services are no longer required? ;)

BroncoWave
09-06-2017, 09:38 AM
You mean like waiting until less than a week before Opening Day before telling a three-time Pro Bowl team captain his services are no longer required? ;)

And he immediately got signed for more than he made here. So how was that a "dick move"?

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 09:40 AM
And he immediately got signed for more than he made here. So how was that a "dick move"?

Because the groupmind says it is?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I believe I understand why TJ got cut so late. He's 30 years old with a hamstring injury. Do you guys remember how long Champs hamstring injury lingered? I don't think the Broncos intended to cut him at the beginning of camp.

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 09:50 AM
I believe I understand why TJ got cut so late. He's 30 years old with a hamstring injury. Do you guys remember how long Champs hamstring injury lingered? I don't think the Broncos intended to cut him at the beginning of camp.

It's because of the way the cut rules work this year. Had his injury cleared up and he got some game 3 playtime, I have no doubt he'd still be on the team. What happened instead is he battled the injury all preseason and while he did that, guys like Carter and Simmons shined and made him expendable. I highly doubt the plan was to cut him at the beginning of the preseason. Maybe they had some idea of doing it, but it wasn't until it came down to someone like carter making the team or ward that they finally made the choice.

In previous years, it's entirely possible some of the guys now on our roster could have been cut or put on the practice squad because they didn't show enough prior to the first round of cuts. Not having to make cuts until the cut to 53 really changes things for teams and how they handle evaluation.