PDA

View Full Version : If you were Siemian, would you ever actually believe you are the starting QB?

ShaneFalco
09-05-2017, 04:25 AM
So after winning the job in the offseason in a "QB Battle" that was designed for Lynch. Siemian now has the guy Elway tried to offer a huge contract to, as well as Elways "Can look awful and still make the team #1 pick", behind him. Both are QBs that Elway at one time, envisioned as the future of the franchise.

If you were Siemian, would you ever actually believe you are the starting QB of the team?

Did Siemian ever stand a chance as a being a starter for the whole season? How could you lead the team then?

I would view the Broncos as wanting to replace me. And that would make leading the team close to impossible.

People want TS to take this "leap forward", but it seems to me its being made impossible by the FO.

underrated29
09-05-2017, 04:39 AM
Elway wants to replace everyone at some point. Yes, I'd feel like the leader of the team. Boo hoo that they bring in competition. Its about winning not feelings. If trev is a leader then he will lead. If he's not then he won't and he'll rightfully lose his job

ShaneFalco
09-05-2017, 05:00 AM
Thats the whole point tho. There was a competition in camp.

And now camp is over, the FO brings in the guy they thought was their "future"

Northman
09-05-2017, 05:04 AM
So after winning the job in the offseason in a "QB Battle" that was designed for Lynch. Siemian now has the guy Elway tried to offer a huge contract to, as well as Elways "Can look awful and still make the team #1 pick", behind him. Both are QBs that Elway at one time, envisioned as the future of the franchise.

If you were Siemian, would you ever actually believe you are the starting QB of the team?

Did Siemian ever stand a chance as a being a starter for the whole season? How could you lead the team then?

I would view the Broncos as wanting to replace me. And that would make leading the team close to impossible.

People want TS to take this "leap forward", but it seems to me its being made impossible by the FO.

I would agree with you that i dont think the FO is really sold on Trevor, as some members have pointed out he isnt a "sexy" pick when it comes to being a leader or QB. I dont think he is being set up to fail though, at the end of the day its up to him to take hold of the reigns and make it his own. Brock didnt want those reigns while in Denver the first time and he found out that different kinds of shadows exist outside of Denver that have nothing to do with legacy. Much like when Denver drafted Cutler to give Plummer some competition and to push him as a QB you can either fold up your tent and go home or you can take it by the balls and run with it. If Trevor believes in himself enough than he will fight for the right to be the QB of this team. But if he leaves doubt it will only open up the door for someone else to walk through.

Tned
09-05-2017, 07:19 AM
I would agree with you that i dont think the FO is really sold on Trevor, as some members have pointed out he isnt a "sexy" pick when it comes to being a leader or QB. I dont think he is being set up to fail though, at the end of the day its up to him to take hold of the reigns and make it his own. Brock didnt want those reigns while in Denver the first time and he found out that different kinds of shadows exist outside of Denver that have nothing to do with legacy. Much like when Denver drafted Cutler to give Plummer some competition and to push him as a QB you can either fold up your tent and go home or you can take it by the balls and run with it. If Trevor believes in himself enough than he will fight for the right to be the QB of this team. But if he leaves doubt it will only open up the door for someone else to walk through.

Agreed. Trevor had a good first year starting when compared to other first year starters, but he didn't have a "this guy is going to be a football god" type season.

The reality is that Trevor should probably have come into the off season as the starter and Lynch have to outplay him, which happens at every position, every year, but Siemian didn't play quite good enough, combined with a first round pick sitting on the bench, and Siemian didn't do enough to force the front office show him the love.

If Siemian plays better this year than last, jumps out to a fast start and plays well enough to make a serious playoff run, then Elway and company will love him.

In the NFL you are loved when you perform. If you are a high draft pick get some provisional love for a while. Don't perform, no love or the love goes away.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-05-2017, 07:24 AM
It will say a lot about TS if he does show improvement this year. I'll admit that few starters have to look over their shoulder at not one, but two guys who there's an inkling that the FO would rather have starting over you. It does add a ton of pressure. If TS deals with it well it will be a huge credit to him.

It helps that it's the pirate and the giraffe, though. ;)

I think the poll should include the option that I'd feel like I was the guy until they "find someone better".

Tned
09-05-2017, 07:30 AM
It will say a lot about TS if he does show improvement this year. I'll admit that few starters have to look over their shoulder at not one, but two guys who there's an inkling that the FO would rather have starting over you. It does add a ton of pressure. If TS deals with it well it will be a huge credit to him.

It helps that it's the pirate and the giraffe, though. ;)

I think the poll should include the option that I'd feel like I was the guy until they "find someone better".

I've heard quotes from players and coaches both in last week or so, that said that they don't think it phases Siemian. That he's completely cool as ice (and I think one said cucumber) and believes in his ability and doesn't worry about who's behind him.

Now, it's one thing for Siemian or his teammates to say it, but I'm with you, it's hard for it not to be in the back of your mind, so if he plays well, loose, with QBs stacked up behind him, then that will be a nice indication.

Krugan
09-05-2017, 09:05 AM
ya, he should believe it, because well he is, until he isnt.

Im not sold that bringing brock has anything to do with trevor, as much as it does with Lynch, not only due to injury, but just in general.

underrated29
09-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Thats the whole point tho. There was a competition in camp.

And now camp is over, the FO brings in the guy they thought was their "future"

So?
He's not the future anymore. This is not like getting back with an ex gf. The FO wants a qb w actual game experience incase Trevor gets hurt. That's why Brock is here and not sloter. Once pax is back os is gone.

Tned
09-05-2017, 09:14 AM
So?
He's not the future anymore. This is not like getting back with an ex gf. The FO wants a qb w actual game experience incase Trevor gets hurt. That's why Brock is here and not sloter. Once pax is back os is gone.

I generally agree with this, although when Elway was asked what would happen to Brock when Lynch was healthy, he waffled. I'm like Krugan, and think that they might also like Brock this year because if they are in the mix for a playoff spot and Trevor goes down, Brock might be a better option than Lynch based on what we saw in preseason.

I think the only way that Brock becomes part of the long term future is if Trevor goes down early, Brock comes in, lights it up and leads the Broncos to the playoffs and plays very well in getting there. If that happens, then attempting to sign him could be on the table. Where I sit today, I think it's very unlikely Brock will be in the QB mix next year.

Joel
09-05-2017, 12:08 PM
If Siemian falters even briefly he'll be back on the bench, as much because he hasn't done enough to SECURE the job as because Elway's got a lot invested in Lynch. But Elway DOES have a lot invested in Lynch, so if either he or Oz gets a chance to play and outperforms Siemian he's probably done. Likewise if Lynch finally flips the switch and makes a quantum leap to win the job next offseason: Count on the perennial plethora of QB-desperate teams with middling draft picks preferring to get Siemian under contract immediately, not wait for a bidding war in 2019. So there'll be a whole other kind of bidding war instead, with Elway the big winner instead of Siemian.

Only way Siemian sticks is to hold onto the starting job with a death grip by simply blowing away our opponents, despite a new HC, new OC, new playbook and continually rebuilding line. The biggest fan of "Brock Osweiler: The Redemption" is Oz himself, just as Lynch knows as well as anyone that he's running out of borrowed time. Flip side: If 2018 presents Siemian his THIRD STRAIGHT preseason QB competition, he should demand a trade unless he's undeniably bad this year.

Cugel
09-05-2017, 12:16 PM
If Siemian falters even briefly he'll be back on the bench, as much because he hasn't done enough to SECURE the job as because Elway's got a lot invested in Lynch. But Elway DOES have a lot invested in Lynch, so if either he or Oz gets a chance to play and outperforms Siemian he's probably done. Likewise if Lynch finally flips the switch and makes a quantum leap to win the job next offseason: Count on the perennial plethora of QB-desperate teams with middling draft picks preferring to get Siemian under contract immediately, not wait for a bidding war in 2019. So there'll be a whole other kind of bidding war instead, with Elway the big winner instead of Siemian.

Only way Siemian sticks is to hold onto the starting job with a death grip by simply blowing away our opponents, despite a new HC, new OC, new playbook and continually rebuilding line. The biggest fan of "Brock Osweiler: The Redemption" is Oz himself, just as Lynch knows as well as anyone that he's running out of borrowed time. Flip side: If 2018 presents Siemian his THIRD STRAIGHT preseason QB competition, he should demand a trade unless he's undeniably bad this year.

I'd say this was true, but it's not. VJ does not want a QB controversy, and the only way to avoid it is to name Trevor as his starter and stick to that.

Now, if Trevor gets injured (likely) then we'll get to see Brock. Anybody think Brock will come in and steal the starting job? Me neither.

So, Trevor is safe for this year, based on the fact that the two Giraffes can't play dead in a Western.

Now, if Trevor does not look like the next Derek Carr out there this year, then he's toast for next season because Elway is looking for a top 10 QB so they can win the SB. Elway will probably draft a QB in the first round again, or else sign a FA veteran. Either way Trevor would then backup. Or they'd trade him and go with Paxton or Chad Kelly as the backup.

Joel
09-05-2017, 12:52 PM
I'd say this was true, but it's not. VJ does not want a QB controversy, and the only way to avoid it is to name Trevor as his starter and stick to that.

Now, if Trevor gets injured (likely) then we'll get to see Brock. Anybody think Brock will come in and steal the starting job? Me neither.

So, Trevor is safe for this year, based on the fact that the two Giraffes can't play dead in a Western.

Now, if Trevor does not look like the next Derek Carr out there this year, then he's toast for next season because Elway is looking for a top 10 QB so they can win the SB. Elway will probably draft a QB in the first round again, or else sign a FA veteran. Either way Trevor would then backup. Or they'd trade him and go with Paxton or Chad Kelly as the backup.
Joseph's a virgin HC with only a single season coordinating a (bad) defense, plus a first ballot HoF boss who won repeat championships as a player and is only two years removed from a third as GM because why? HE DEMANDS NO LESS. Joseph wants to WIN, a lot and fast, because he knows that's the only way to keep his first HC gig OR secure others. If we start 1-4 and Siemian has more Ints than TDs he'll be on the bench faster than you can say, "Kyle Orton."

Davii
09-05-2017, 05:53 PM
There is competition for every roster spot every day. That's reality, every man in that locker room knows it. Those who embrace it and grind win, those who don't.... don't.

sneakers
09-05-2017, 06:30 PM
He is an NFL quarterback, of course he thinks he is second coming of Christ, that is the NFL starting quarterback mentality

BroncoWave
09-05-2017, 06:36 PM
There is competition for every roster spot every day. That's reality, every man in that locker room knows it. Those who embrace it and grind win, those who don't.... don't.

Yep, pretty much. There is always going to be someone behind you gunning for your job. Just the reality of sports. I can't really say I understand the point of this thread.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2017, 07:44 PM
You need to relax.

slim
09-05-2017, 07:57 PM
You need to relax.

Shove your discount double check up ur ass!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Shove your discount double check up ur ass!!!

Sloter Butt!

I Eat Staples
09-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Trevor Siemian is not in any position to feel entitled to anything. It was an amazingly long shot that he'd ever get a chance to play in the NFL at all, let alone go into his 2nd season as a starter. He should feel like he's playing with house money, because he is.

And signing Osweiler has absolutely no effect on Siemian's status.

Tned
09-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Trevor Siemian is not in any position to feel entitled to anything. It was an amazingly long shot that he'd ever get a chance to play in the NFL at all, let alone go into his 2nd season as a starter. He should feel like he's playing with house money, because he is.

And signing Osweiler has absolutely no effect on Siemian's status.

The number one effect on Siemian's future is Siemian. He's managed to be named the starter for a second year, against all odds as you've indicated. So, go out there an have a great year, and he's likely to have a long career and the Broncos will be hard pressed to replace him down the road. Struggle and start off 2-2 or 1-3 and get replaced by Brock after the bye, and his career will be on thin ice.

BeefStew25
09-05-2017, 11:01 PM
I love Man Ranch

Canmore
09-06-2017, 01:00 AM
The number one effect on Siemian's future is Siemian. He's managed to be named the starter for a second year, against all odds as you've indicated. So, go out there an have a great year, and he's likely to have a long career and the Broncos will be hard pressed to replace him down the road. Struggle and start off 2-2 or 1-3 and get replaced by Brock after the bye, and his career will be on thin ice.

He's playing with house money and I'm not betting on the house.

Canmore
09-06-2017, 01:01 AM
By the way LC, your poll choices suck.

Simple Jaded
09-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Elway should carry 3 QB's and stop pretending he's got all this depth he can't do without.

ShaneFalco
09-06-2017, 02:06 AM
I believe in Trevor Siemian.

He believes in justice and the city of Denver.

Canmore
09-06-2017, 02:25 AM
I believe in Trevor Siemian.

He believes in justice and the city of Denver.

Besides "He Who Shall Not Be Named" I really don't follow you.

I read the quote, and the quote rings hollow.

BroncoWave
09-06-2017, 06:37 AM
By the way LC, your poll choices suck.

Welcome to a Shane poll. :lol:

Tned
09-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Elway should carry 3 QB's and stop pretending he's got all this depth he can't do without.

Elway in carrying three QBs.

Tned
09-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Welcome to a Shane poll. :lol:

All those that vote yes to those harlmess propositions, look at polls like this...

ShaneFalco
09-06-2017, 06:45 AM
so many protest votes

tripp
09-06-2017, 11:38 AM
I generally agree with this, although when Elway was asked what would happen to Brock when Lynch was healthy, he waffled. I'm like Krugan, and think that they might also like Brock this year because if they are in the mix for a playoff spot and Trevor goes down, Brock might be a better option than Lynch based on what we saw in preseason.

I think the only way that Brock becomes part of the long term future is if Trevor goes down early, Brock comes in, lights it up and leads the Broncos to the playoffs and plays very well in getting there. If that happens, then attempting to sign him could be on the table. Where I sit today, I think it's very unlikely Brock will be in the QB mix next year.

There's zero doubt in my mind... this year, Brock Oz is better than Lynch. So if Siemien is hurt, or has thrown 5 picks in a game, and BOTH QB's are healthy in Lynch and Oz, Oz will start. He's simply the better QB at the moment. Lynch isn't ready. IDK if he'll ever be ready, but he's not right now.

Tned
09-06-2017, 01:13 PM
There's zero doubt in my mind... this year, Brock Oz is better than Lynch. So if Siemien is hurt, or has thrown 5 picks in a game, and BOTH QB's are healthy in Lynch and Oz, Oz will start. He's simply the better QB at the moment. Lynch isn't ready. IDK if he'll ever be ready, but he's not right now.

#Kelly2018

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Another quality shit posting brought to you by Shane Falco.

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 06:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000839536/Von-Miller-Trevor-Siemian-has-a-Peyton-Manning-vibe-about-him

This is the second player this week that says they think he has a Peyton Manning feel to him.

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/905525334161756160

The other was Bennie Fowler.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account
@MaseDenver
Following
More
Bennie Fowler says Siemian is like "a Baby Peyton" out there in how he runs the huddle.

Von also says that TS is playing 5 times better than he was last year and that he's really grown. Only a handful more days and we'll find out.

MOtorboat
09-06-2017, 08:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000839536/Von-Miller-Trevor-Siemian-has-a-Peyton-Manning-vibe-about-him

This is the second player this week that says they think he has a Peyton Manning feel to him.

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/905525334161756160

The other was Bennie Fowler.

Von also says that TS is playing 5 times better than he was last year and that he's really grown. Only a handful more days and we'll find out.

Sweet, it was 2 times better just yesterday according to Talib!

I'm sorry, I had to. Please flame away.

Tned
09-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Sweet, it was 2 times better just yesterday according to Talib!

I'm sorry, I had to. Please flame away.

I think you mean Von. It was Von that said two times better, and then about a day later, he was ten times better. Just goes to show you what a hard worker Siemian is.

MOtorboat
09-06-2017, 09:12 PM
I think you mean Von. It was Von that said two times better, and then about a day later, he was ten times better. Just goes to show you what a hard worker Siemian is.

Oh well. I thought it was Talib.

Tned
09-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Oh well. I thought it was Talib.

With Von's 2x, err 10x, err, he reminds me of Manning, I'm really afraid we are about to get news that Von failed another piss test.

Cugel
09-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Sadly neither of our two Giraffes can play. If either of them had the right stuff to become a top 10 QB they'd be starting right now and Trevor would be shuffling off to Buffalo or something.

Brock and Paxton survey the field.

Tned
09-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Sadly neither of our two Giraffes can play. If either of them had the right stuff to become a top 10 QB they'd be starting right now and Trevor would be shuffling off to Buffalo or something.

Brock and Paxton survey the field.

Sadly, while we wait the 2-3 years for Lynch to develop, which nearly everyone said would be needed, we are subjected to silly zoo images.