PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler on his return to Denver

BroncoWave
09-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Lots of good quotes from him in here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/brock-osweiler-calls-returning-to-denver-one-of-the-top-five-days-of-his-life/

After being released by the Browns this weekend, Osweiler said he told his agent he wanted to return to the Broncos. Osweiler signed his contract and rejoined his old team Monday, saying “being back here today is probably a top five, if not three, day of my life.”

Osweiler left Denver as a free agent to sign a four-year, $72 million with the Texans, but Houston moved on from him after only one season.

“I want people to know that decision didn’t come lightly,” Osweiler said, via Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post. “I didn’t sleep for about a week. I was sick to my stomach every single day. I was a mess. At the end of the day, I tried making the best business decision for myself and my family. Whether I made the best one or not, that could be argued. But the fact of the matter is it was made. I’m not going to live in the past. But I’ve always had nothing but love and appreciation for the Denver Broncos and the city of Denver.”

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Oh this thread is going to go well.

Dean
09-04-2017, 03:12 PM
But I've always had nothing but love and appreciation for the Denver Broncos and the city of Denver. Right??

Do I detect a gargantuan pile of B.S.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 03:13 PM
"I'd come back here to be the waterboy"

http://tinyurl.com/y7nckdlf

Cugel
09-04-2017, 03:17 PM
"I've always had the greatest respect and I mean that sincerely. The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think! Oh, by the way, which one's pink? And did we tell you the name of the game, boy. We call it riding the gravy train!" -- Pink Floyd

"I mean, it's easily a top 5 event in my life. Maybe top 3. Possibly top 8. Depends. Are we counting that waitress back in Cleveland? No, definitely top 10. Top 12 at the most! I mean it's definitely in the top 15 events ever in my life. Give or take a few." -- Brock Osweiler.

"I mean, no matter what the fans think, I'll probably be in the starting lineup in a couple of weeks time! Seriously, Trevor is one banana peel away from a torn labrum. The guy's so injury prone he probably won't make it out of week 1 without some sort of injury. And then 'the time of the Brock is now!' Muhahahahahahahaha!" -- Brock Osweiler

"My nefarious plans are coming along nicely! Nicely!"

BroncoWave
09-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Lol yep. :popcorn:

BroncoTech
09-04-2017, 03:25 PM
'It's nice to be back in Denver where I first developed my ability to hold on to the football too long'.

Northman
09-04-2017, 03:29 PM
But I've always had nothing but love and appreciation for the Denver Broncos and the city of Denver. Right??

Do I detect a gargantuan pile of B.S.

It is pretty stinky but what did anyone really expect him to say at this point? Lol

Either way, enjoy being a back up once again Oz. You lie in the bed you made.

Cugel
09-04-2017, 03:30 PM
"Now we have BOTH Paxton AND Brock and they're BOTH TALL! Tall I tell you! I mean it's like standing next to a couple of redwoods standing between them. Did I mention that Paxton is really, really, tall? Together they're twice as tall!" -- John Elway

Poet
09-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Redemption stories are the best stories. He left and acted like an *******, and then become of the biggest laughing stocks in the league. Now he's a second stringer, and he knows that he might have a shot at starting a few games in here, for no other reason than it's the NFL and injuries happen. He will be motivated to play as well as he can, and he knows he was being a babyback bitch upon his departure.

So, I hope he does well.

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 05:51 PM
What he actually said: "I'm just glad I'm not selling real estate in Coeur d'Alene."

Nomad
09-04-2017, 06:00 PM
What he actually said: "I'm just glad I'm not selling real estate in Coeur d'Alene."

I like Coeur'd'Alene. I'd move there.

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I like Coeur'd'Alene. I'd move there.

Is your other option backup NFL quarterback? Speaking of, any chance you have a good arm and a quick mind, Nomad? The Broncos might have a job for such a person.

Nomad
09-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Is your other option backup NFL quarterback? Speaking of, any chance you have a good arm and a quick mind, Nomad? The Broncos might have a job for such a person.

I'd be lucky if I could throw an NFL football over 40 yards, and that's at a running start. :D

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 06:08 PM
I'd be lucky if I could throw an NFL football over 40 yards, and that's at a running start. :D

Well damn.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Same as it ever was: Osweiler happily returns as broncos backup qb

from article - last thing in article:

Both nationally and locally, football followers are questioning Elway’s wisdom in bringing back Osweiler. Inside the Broncos’ locker room, though, Osweiler’s return seemed to lift the spirits of those who were part of that Super Bowl 50 team in 2015.

“I’m glad to have him back,’’ said Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders. “We’ve got chemistry (as a quarterback-receiver). Brock gave me the best game of my life versus Pittsburgh (10 catches, 181 yards in a 2015 loss). It’s cool to see him back. His first day out there today, everybody was like, ‘Welcome home.’

“Now we know if our starting quarterback goes down, Brock’s going to come in and do the job. He’s been in this position before. He’s really good at it. The year we won the Super Bowl, he was one of the main reasons why.’’

full article - http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/same-as-it-ever-was-osweiler-happily-returns-as-broncos-backup-qb/73-470728742

Northman
09-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Blah blah blah......

Krugan
09-04-2017, 06:46 PM

Your in luck, this offensive line can not block long enough for anyone to run 40 yards, so 15 is about max!

Joel
09-04-2017, 07:04 PM
It is pretty stinky but what did anyone really expect him to say at this point? Lol

Either way, enjoy being a back up once again Oz. You lie in the bed you made.
In fairness to Oz, he'd be Denvers backup now either way: At least this way he got $34M along in the process. ;)

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 07:15 PM

He'd probably make more $$$ doing that.

Joel
09-04-2017, 07:49 PM
He'd probably make more $$$ doing that.
Well, he is guaranteed $16M this year either way, and my understanding is that the vet minimum we're paying him is deducted from that, so anything he made selling real estate in ID would be gravy. On the other hand: He'd be in Idaho.... ;)

Jsteve01
09-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Not at all a big fan of Oz. But at the end of the day I can never blame a guy for doing what's best for his family. An extra three or four million a year for two years what's that six or eight million. Yeah I get it

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Lots of good quotes from him in here.

At the end of the day, I tried making the best business decision for myself and my family.Whether I made the best one or not, that could be argued.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/brock-osweiler-calls-returning-to-denver-one-of-the-top-five-days-of-his-life/
https://media.tenor.com/images/80d98bc9a5fe8c7948e7d3569c065747/tenor.gif

No it cant be ******* argued you stupid ass giraffe. You went to Texans got booed out of Houston, went to Cleveland and they paid you $15million NOT TO PLAY for them.

This mother****** is beyond retarded.

Poet
09-04-2017, 08:21 PM
But he made more money, so it could be argued.

I don't care that he left for more money - athletes have a short shelf life. I just care that he was a douche to the franchise on the way out. But, that same franchise took him back, and he gets to redeem himself.

SF, it's all about redemption baby.

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:22 PM
if its about redemption. You sign tebow. not satans right hand.

Poet
09-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Come on man....come on.........

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btT1T9qpQZWhNlK/giphy.gif

GEM
09-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Being real about it, if I had 2 jobs on the table and one was offering significantly higher, I'd probably go with the money as well. But i still don't like him for doing it. Plus karma bit his ass for it.

Then again I've had offers for higher $ to leave my job, but I can't walk away from what I've done at current employment where I know I am appreciated and never have to worry about job security.

Different strokes for different folks.

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
If Denver did not sign this guy.

Tell me what team would have after getting cut from Cleveland.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 08:52 PM
If Denver did not sign this guy.

Tell me what team would have after getting cut from Cleveland.
Would you rephrase that?

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:54 PM
If denver did not pick him up after he got cut.

What other team in the NFL would have?

Could you 100% tell me Brock would not be a FA right now?

topscribe
09-04-2017, 08:55 PM
If denver did not pick him up after he got cut.

What other team in the NFL would have?

Could you 100% tell me Brock would not be a FA right now?
Osweiler did say that he did have other offers, but he wanted Denver . . .

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Osweiler did say that he did have other offers, but he wanted Denver . . .

What other offers? What teams? the CFL?

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Also. The whole QB competition this season was a farce.

Trevor Earned the job. And now he will have it taken from him, because he isnt Alpha male enough.

Tragedy. I feel bad for Trevor.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 08:59 PM
What other offers? What teams? the CFL?
It's not hard to believe when a UFA (Sloter) assigned to the PS is offered roster salary for it.
Teams are desperate for QBs. Besides, Brock is a straight shooter. Always has been.

But VJ says the job is Trevor's. Period. At least this year, which is all the guarantee he had
before Brock came along.

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:00 PM
It's not hard to believe when a UFA (Sloter) assigned to the PS is offered roster salary for it.
Teams are desperate for QBs. Besides, Brock is a straight shooter. Always has been.
i wanna hear the other teams.

Because i dont believe it. He got moved from two teams that needed QBs

topscribe
09-04-2017, 09:03 PM
i wanna hear the other teams.

Because i dont believe it. He got moved from two teams that needed QBs
I do. That's all I need. :coffee:

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Sasquatchian Mooses.

Thats one of them.

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:04 PM
The highlight of his career was getting punked at a pizza joint

topscribe
09-04-2017, 09:06 PM
The highlight of his career was getting punked at a pizza joint
I think it was a 5-2 record on the way to the Super Bowl . . .

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:10 PM
I think it was a 5-2 record on the way to the Super Bowl . . .

naw that was the #1 Defense in the NFL, one we had to loser players from, while waiting for oz to sign a contract.

As well as CJ anderson rushing for 200 yds against the Patriots in the snow.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 09:12 PM
naw that was the #1 Defense in the NFL, one we had to loser players from, while waiting for oz to sign a contract.

So you're saying that the QB had absolutely nothing to do with it?

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:13 PM
I was told time and time again, that tebow didnt win any of those games either..

So now the same rules apply to Brock.

#Consistency

topscribe
09-04-2017, 09:18 PM
I was told time and time again, that tebow didnt win any of those games either..

#Consistency
If you wish.

I don't care to debate two different QBs playing for two different teams in two different years.
So I'll just leave it at that . . .

UnderArmour
09-04-2017, 09:26 PM

#Consistency

Tebow's ability to run the football helped run up time of possession and give the defense time to rest. From a football standpoint, Tebow was critical to that playoff run just because of the major boost he gave the run game.

Now, as far as Oz goes, the only time the passing attack really lit it up that year was when Oz was in the game. Oz made critical plays to beat Cincy and New England to secure the #1 seed, and to say otherwise is pure ignorance.

There's a reason the Texans paid him and Elway was willing to open his wallet too. You're completely wrong, no simpler way to put it really.

Joel
09-04-2017, 09:28 PM
If you wish.

I don't care to debate two different QBs playing for two different teams in two different years.
So I'll just leave it at that . . .
If that's the issue, ever since we won that SB plenty of Denver fans have said it was solely due to Wades D and DESPITE our offense, a chorus that only grew in numbers and volume with Siemian last year. If the D alone carried a broken down Manning and an addlepated HC and OC to a championship, it carried Oz right alongside them.

Either it's a team game or it's not.

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Tebow's ability to run the football helped run up time of possession and give the defense time to rest. From a football standpoint, Tebow was critical to that playoff run just because of the major boost he gave the run game.

Now, as far as Oz goes, the only time the passing attack really lit it up that year was when Oz was in the game. Oz made critical plays to beat Cincy and New England to secure the #1 seed, and to say otherwise is pure ignorance.

There's a reason the Texans paid him and Elway was willing to open his wallet too. You're completely wrong, no simpler way to put it really.

The Broncos were 21st in time of possession and 28th in time per drive in 2011. Cool story, though.

BroncoWave
09-04-2017, 09:40 PM

I'm giving the butthurt in this thread a solid B+ for now.

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm giving the butthurt in this thread a solid B+ for now.

The Tebow name drop was an expected, but still solid choice. I'm waiting for something about McGregor, boxing refs, or maybe conspiracy theories. Perhaps Brock is a 33rd degree Mason?

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 09:53 PM
im waiting for you two to rock those avatars all year long.

Chad Kelly is our only hope.

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 10:12 PM
im waiting for you two to rock those avatars all year long.

Neat sig. :heh:

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Neat sig. :heh:
you are named after him

ShaneFalco
09-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Cascade of boos at fan football fest when Oz mentioned

Hawgdriver
09-04-2017, 10:53 PM
WelCOME BACK!!!!! OZZ-FEST 2o17!!

:werd:

I heard he was friends with Jack Elway, can someone verify? Maybe he can help with the development of Kelly's nephew?

Man I am so pumped. These roster moves got me STOKED!!!

Ok, sarcasm aside. The non-fan in me is pretty cool with everything, knows the analgesic effect of increasing digits in the W column. All this stuff is out of my control and hence has no effect on my well-being. Let's get to the games. :D :werd: :defense:

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 11:20 PM
you are named after him

I think you mean be was named after me. Unless he's a time travler.

ShaneFalco
09-05-2017, 12:58 AM
fan football fest "What do you guys think of brock being back in town?"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Cugel
09-05-2017, 01:21 AM
"Paxton is tall! And now Brock is tall too! They're both sooo tall!!! Did I mention how tall Paxton is?" -- John Elway

ShaneFalco
09-05-2017, 01:24 AM
hey you guys remember when the coach of the texans cornered brock in a room, and brock tried to act like obrien wouldnt let him leave?

I am sure he has a great attitude!

sneakers
09-05-2017, 01:30 AM
I don't get people who blame him for leaving when they were offering that kind of money.

Simple Jaded
09-05-2017, 03:22 AM
"Now we have BOTH Paxton AND Brock and they're BOTH TALL! Tall I tell you! I mean it's like standing next to a couple of redwoods standing between them. Did I mention that Paxton is really, really, tall? Together they're twice as tall!" -- John Elway

"This is utterly stupid" -- Jaded

Northman
09-05-2017, 05:11 AM
But he made more money, so it could be argued.

I don't care that he left for more money - athletes have a short shelf life. I just care that he was a douche to the franchise on the way out. But, that same franchise took him back, and he gets to redeem himself.

SF, it's all about redemption baby.

if its about redemption. You sign tebow. not satans right hand.

:lol::lol:

Suffice to say VK, Shane got you there.

I will say from my own personal view that i dont see Oz as a redemption story. Most fans saw him taking over for Manning which is exactly what he was being groomed for and as you said he shit over the franchise in the process. Tebow may not have been or will ever be a NFL Qb but he was far more of a class act than Brock ever will be and if there is a guy who deserves the term "redemption" it would be him. As a fan i cant stand Oz now despite being one of his biggest backers and i cannot wait for Lynch and Ray to get back so we can kick this bitch back to the curb. :D

FanInAZ
09-05-2017, 05:22 AM

#Consistency

Good thing you made the 2nd post before I read the 1st because I was about to call you out on your inconsistency. Yes, our D carried us through the bulk of the 2015 season while our O scored just 22.2 points per game, none of which was against garbage time or prevent Ds, which ranked them 19th in the league. During Tebow's 10 2011 regular season starts, the O averaged just 18.8 points per game, which included at least 1 TD against garbage time or prevent Ds in at least half of those games.

#Consistency
#Thoroughanalysis

ShaneFalco
09-06-2017, 07:23 AM
http://media1.giphy.com/media/b852rObLBro9q/giphy.gif

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Not a big fan of Oz, but I will say he gives us a better chance to win than Lynch. At least Oz has shown he can be a starter in the NFL (not a particularly good one, but at least he has done it and won some games).