PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 1 (Chargers week)

Pages : [1] 2

VonDoom
09-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Welcome back to game week threads, everyone! I believe the Broncos are practicing today, so we might as well get this up now. Starting with some moves that were made official today:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 57m57 minutes ago

Official: Brock Osweiler passes physical, signs with Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 55m55 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler is No. 17. Hunter Sharp is No. 15.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 54m54 minutes ago

Shane Ray has been placed on injured reserve to clear the roster spot for Osweiler. Ray expected to be back in time for Oct. 30 game at KC

VonDoom
09-04-2017, 11:44 AM
https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/904744549364273152

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Denver Broncos 2017 depth chart

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/22/broncos-depth-chart-2017/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m

Jared Crick and Derek Wolfe back at practice.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m

Devontae Booker (wrist) out here but observing practice.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m

Von Miller wearing a weight vest at practice.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m

Don't see Demaryius Thomas at practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 13s

#Broncos Demaryius Thomas walked out to practice. Idea is to get ready for Monday night. Schedule provides extra rest day. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 10m

I don't see #Broncos Demaryius Thomas practicing. Been dealing with thigh injury. @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m

In between reps, Brock Osweiler has been chatting with QB coach Bill Musgrave throughout the entire viewing period to get up to speed.

Tned
09-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Not a Bronco anymore, but still seems relevant:

@PSchrags: Ward says his release was handled in a "completely unprofessional" manner.

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Not a Bronco anymore, but still seems relevant: @PSchrags: Ward says his release was handled in a "completely unprofessional" manner.

From his Instagram, classy.

I do think he was dealt with poorly

LawDog
09-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Not a Bronco anymore, but still seems relevant:

@PSchrags: Ward says his release was handled in a "completely unprofessional" manner.

Don't know who Schrags is, but without context of what Ward says happened this seems a bit of hyperbole.

dogfish
09-04-2017, 01:02 PM
i don't disagree with him. . . guys know that it's a business, but team captains don't typically expect to be unceremoniously cast off at the 11th hour. . . just as a fan, it does sting a little to see them dump him because he's slowed with a hamstring problem, while we're carrying dead roster spots for guys like lynch and booker, who haven't proven or accomplished anything. . . no one is going to cry for him given the salaries involved, but IMO it really didn't feel like he was shown much respect, as they didn't even offer him a chance to renegotiate. . . it is what it is. . . i thank him for his time here, and now hope that the young guys will be better than he was. . .

Tned
09-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Don't know who Schrags is, but without context of what Ward says happened this seems a bit of hyperbole.

agreed.

Tned
09-04-2017, 01:12 PM

More

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/t-j-ward-broncos-were-completely-unprofessional/

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 01:16 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap3000000838936/Ward-says-Broncos-handled-release-completely-unprofessional

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Article posted May 24, 2017

With the advent of the Denver Broncos OTA's yesterday it is good to finally say — football is finally back.

A lot of interesting tidbits exist from yesterday's opening practice, but perhaps the most exciting news of all comes courtesy of the Denver Channel's Troy Renck, who broke an exclusive report that stated the Broncos and strong safety T.J. Ward have had preliminary contract extension discussions. It's a surprise for certain, but under the leadership of John Elway, the Broncos haven't been shy about rewarding players who have performed at a high-level for the team. Ward's play in his three seasons with the team has certainly been impressive, and a contract extension is certainly merited.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/5/24/15684384/horse-tracks-broncos-and-t-j-ward-discussing-contract-extension

Right now, no one except John Elway and TJ knows exactly what was discussed. Did John throw out a salary figure that TJ did not like? Did TJ let John know what kind of a salary he wanted?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Vance Joseph: "Its Trevor's team. He feels that way, we feel that way. He's going to have a great season for us."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m

Joseph said adding a 10th practice squad player is "being explored as we speak."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 6m

Broncos season captains will be selected by Joseph on Wednesday

Joseph said they'll have a package for Brock if he has to go in.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m

Joseph on Simmons and Parks: "Justin is our starting safety and Will is our starting dime backer."

Tned
09-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Sorry, when I posted the Ward thing, I thought I was in the Training camp thread, not the week 1 notes thread.

VonDoom
09-04-2017, 01:55 PM
https://twitter.com/ryankoenigsberg/status/904773886713118720

slim
09-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Ataboy, Brock.

Welcome back.

Tned
09-04-2017, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/904778660208459777

VonDoom
09-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Ataboy, Brock.

Welcome back.

He didn't care if it was for a dollar because he's getting $16 million from the Browns regardless

slim
09-04-2017, 02:10 PM
He didn't care if it was for a dollar because he's getting $16 million from the Browns regardless

I know. But he wants to be here. That makes me happy.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m

Talib when I asked about @BossWard43 "I found out I got traded in a hyperbaric chamber. That's part of being a pro. TJ will do great."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 25m

#Broncos Stewart will miss Ward. But says still No Fly Zone @DenverChannel

Nomad
09-04-2017, 02:17 PM

Now you can dust off your Osweiler jersey you saved. :D

dogfish
09-04-2017, 02:19 PM

it's easy to want to be here when you know nobody wants you anywhere else. . . :heh:

slim
09-04-2017, 02:20 PM
it's easy to want to be here when you know nobody wants you anywhere else. . . :heh:

You can't bring me down!!!

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 02:21 PM

He wanted to be in Cleveland two weeks ago.

slim
09-04-2017, 02:23 PM

I don't care!!!

Simple Jaded
09-04-2017, 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/904778660208459777

Ha! Cecil Lammey ON Twitter, solid as a rock.

Nomad
09-04-2017, 02:27 PM

BRONCO clipboards must have a better feel for him. :D

Simple Jaded
09-04-2017, 02:28 PM

Vance Joseph: "Its Trevor's team. He feels that way, we feel that way. He's going to have a great season for us."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m

Joseph said adding a 10th practice squad player is "being explored as we speak."

Broncos season captains will be selected by Joseph on Wednesday

Joseph said they'll have a package for Brock if he has to go in.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m

Joseph on Simmons and Parks: "Justin is our starting safety and Will is our starting dime backer."

If a S is your starting dime backer what do you need a 220lb ILB for?

dogfish
09-04-2017, 02:35 PM
wait, what? will parks is the dime backer? what about brandon marshall?

Simple Jaded
09-04-2017, 02:37 PM
wait, what? will parks is the dime backer? what about brandon marshall?

He stays in; 4 pass rushers, one ILB and six DB's.

Point is, a 220lb ILB is a detriment.

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Stuffing the run. Duh.

Simple Jaded
09-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Stuffing the run. Duh.

I mock Anderson but he's probably better than Davis, who is good at taking on blocks 5-8 yards down field.

MOtorboat
09-04-2017, 02:43 PM
I mock Anderson but he's probably better than Davis, who is good at taking on blocks 5-8 yards down field.

I share your skepticism of their moves and personel choices.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 02:44 PM
#Broncos Talib on why defense will be better this year @DenverChannel pic.twitter.com/IplG2v3…

dogfish
09-04-2017, 02:45 PM

oops, i think i read it wrong. . . they're using him as the dime BACK (AKA the sixth DB), not the dime linebacker? so parks will be the sixth DB rather than langley?

dogfish
09-04-2017, 02:53 PM
do you guys remember sam brandon and the Big Nickel?

Tned
09-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m

Talib when I asked about @BossWard43 "I found out I got traded in a hyperbaric chamber. That's part of being a pro. TJ will do great."

Translation: TJ, my dog, put on your big girl panties and stop whining.

Tned
09-04-2017, 03:11 PM
oops, i think i read it wrong. . . they're using him as the dime BACK (AKA the sixth DB), not the dime linebacker? so parks will be the sixth DB rather than langley?

I don't think they do all the time. I could be wrong, but I think it's situational when they bring in a safety vs. CB.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 27m

I talked w #Broncos Shaq Barrett today. Hip responding well. He's convinced he will be ready for season opener @DenverChannel

Northman
09-04-2017, 03:39 PM

No shit right? :lol:

topscribe
09-04-2017, 03:40 PM
If you're talking about Marshall, the official site has him at 250. If Davis, he weighs in at 230.

dogfish
09-04-2017, 03:45 PM
I don't think they do all the time. I could be wrong, but I think it's situational when they bring in a safety vs. CB.

that's more what i would expect. . . but VJ said parks is the starting dime back, which would imply to me that he's the player they'll be using there most regularly. . .

"Justin is our starting safety and Will is our starting dime backer."

anybody got anything else on this? has it been discussed elsewhere?

edit; also, i see that the main site still has latimer listed as the starting kick returner. . . are we really expecting him to be the guy deep for the first kickoff of the year?

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2017, 04:01 PM
do you guys remember sam brandon and the Big Nickel?

We used to use David Bruton the exact same way. They play down in the box for run support and cover the TE on passes. Between Bruton, Ward, and Stewart, they made Gronk's life pretty shitty in 2015 in the regular season and AFCCG. He got some touches, but he earned/paid for every one of them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2017, 04:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap3000000838936/Ward-says-Broncos-handled-release-completely-unprofessional
It's easy to agree with TJ without having all the facts, but it's also probable his hamstring injury affected their decision. They had to consider it was a possibility to linger with him all season. We'll find out as the season progresses, but it had to be a concern.
I'm persuaded he would still be on the team if he wouldn't have hurt his hammy.

Article posted May 24, 2017

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/5/24/15684384/horse-tracks-broncos-and-t-j-ward-discussing-contract-extension

Right now, no one except John Elway and TJ knows exactly what was discussed. Did John throw out a salary figure that TJ did not like? Did TJ let John know what kind of a salary he wanted?

I'm pretty sure it was reported John told TJ's agent the Broncos weren't considering an extension for TJ. My two cent opinion is the discussion to cut him came front and center after the hamstring injury. Do you remember when Champ's hammy lingered all year?

Tned
09-04-2017, 04:08 PM
that's more what i would expect. . . but VJ said parks is the starting dime back, which would imply to me that he's the player they'll be using there most regularly. . .

edit; also, i see that the main site still has latimer listed as the starting kick returner. . . are we really expecting him to be the guy deep for the first kickoff of the year?

I interpreted, and could be 100% wrong, that when he said dime backer vs. dime back, he was making a distinction between the two. I'm assuming Langley/langdon (whatever his name is) is the dime back, but in situations where they don't want a traditional 6 defensive back situation, but want more beef, then they will go with Parks/Carter as the linebacker replacement rather than a corner back.

Again, I might be wildly off on my assumption, but that's what I was thinking.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 27m

Talked to Shane Ray. He had no setback w left wrist.Knew day of surgery that would be out 6 games. "I will come back on fire" @DenverChannel

VonDoom
09-04-2017, 04:20 PM

Unless he's hurt, I'd say it's a good bet Latimer is back there for the opening kickoff

Timmy!
09-04-2017, 04:29 PM

According to his father, he wanted to be back in Denver a week after he left, but you can't exactly come out and say it.

slim
09-04-2017, 05:18 PM
According to his father, he wanted to be back in Denver a week after he left, but you can't exactly come out and say it.

That is good enough for me.

Made a mistake and is ready to learn from it and move on.

I hope he sticks around for a while.

Northman
09-04-2017, 05:22 PM

I wouldnt count on it.

Nomad
09-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Are you Brock's new agent? :D

Poet
09-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Redemption stories are the best stories.

Joel
09-04-2017, 07:11 PM

Everyone keeps pointing to that Falcons safety they started at MLB all year simply because they don't HAVE a legit Mike. I'd have more faith in that tactic if it hadn't blown the biggest lead in SB history. I want my LBs to LB and my safeties to safety.

If you're talking about Marshall, the official site has him at 250. If Davis, he weighs in at 230.
99.44% he's talking about Davis (230) and Nelson (227.) Kam Chancellor's 223, which is fine: For a SAFETY, which is what he is.

Poet
09-04-2017, 07:33 PM
How on earth do you put the lead blowing on that player? I guess we better eschew all the offensive tactics that the Falcons used, too!

Joel
09-04-2017, 07:48 PM
How on earth do you put the lead blowing on that player? I guess we better eschew all the offensive tactics that the Falcons used, too!
Not on him specifically, I'm just saying: People are talking up the "Park as safetybacker" idea because Atlanta's doing it in lieu of a real Mike, and I'm not sure I'd take my cues from the defensive gurus who ranked 25th in yds and 27th in PA last year, then blew the biggest lead in SB history.

Poet
09-04-2017, 08:14 PM
But didn't he perform well in that role? I thought that hybrid play was one of the bright spots of their defense?

Tned
09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
I interpreted, and could be 100% wrong, that when he said dime backer vs. dime back, he was making a distinction between the two. I'm assuming Langley/langdon (whatever his name is) is the dime back, but in situations where they don't want a traditional 6 defensive back situation, but want more beef, then they will go with Parks/Carter as the linebacker replacement rather than a corner back.

Again, I might be wildly off on my assumption, but that's what I was thinking.

Got me curious, so I reached out to Andrew Mason and asked him.

I guess I haven't really been paying attention to personnel groupings. He said the last two years they've utilized safeties almost exclusively in the dime, 6 DB, package. It's the rare exception they go with 4 CBs and two safeties, which I guess would have been Doss or Webster.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Got me curious, so I reached out to Andrew Mason and asked him.

I guess I haven't really been paying attention to personnel groupings. He said the last two years they've utilized safeties almost exclusively in the dime, 6 DB, package. It's the rare exception they go with 4 CBs and two safeties, which I guess would have been Doss or Webster.
I suppose that could be from the quality of the backup safeties and/or keeping an eye out for the run?

Tned
09-04-2017, 09:01 PM
I suppose that could be from the quality of the backup safeties and/or keeping an eye out for the run?

Or lack of quality in CB depth beyond Roby.

Now, I will say following what Mason said, I just did a quick scan at the unique lineup combinations used this preseason and don't see any time where Harris and Brendan Langley were in at the same time. It did seem like it was exclusively Simmons when we sent 6 DBs with the starting unit. Now, presumably it will be Parks, with Simmons taking over Wards spot.

topscribe
09-04-2017, 09:05 PM

Now, I will say following what Mason said, I just did a quick scan at the unique lineup combinations used this preseason and don't see any time where Harris and Brendan Langley were in at the same time. It did seem like it was exclusively Simmons when we sent 6 DBs with the starting unit. Now, presumably it will be Parks, with Simmons taking over Wards spot.
Well, the team did have Doss last year. But then, the fact that he has been relegated this
year to third string behind Langley might support your implication as to the quality of the
backup CBs last year . . .

Joel
09-04-2017, 09:13 PM
But didn't he perform well in that role? I thought that hybrid play was one of the bright spots of their defense?
The issue's not whether he played well out of position, but whether that was the best of his talent and the rest of the roster: Would they have done better with a bona fide Mike there and him at his natural safety position? Given that what they did instead led to the biggest blown lead in SB history AND the first OT SB, there's good reason to think so. Of course, my understanding is that they started a safety at MLB by necessity, not preference, but that's the result of decisions made in the preseason, which leads inexorably back to "I don't want tips from a D that finished 25th in yards and 27th in points."

Joel
09-04-2017, 09:18 PM

From what I've seen (which is far from everything) it's come down to big fast receiving TEs, and playing safeties on them instead of LBs has been far from a perfect solution: Gronk, Kelce and before them Gates and Gonzalez have routinely had field days against our D ever since DJ got so old he had to turn to 'roids to remain competitive. It's hardly unique to us, but the common refrain in todays NFL; LBs are too slow to keep up with elite receiving TEs, but they overpower safeties.

It's hard to find guys with the speed, size and alertness to cover guys like Gronk all the way downfield. We DO have one, but he has a far bigger impact at OLB, however well he covered a WR down the sideline in SB 50. ;)

Tned
09-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Well, the team did have Doss last year. But then, the fact that he has been relegated this
year to third string behind Langley might support your implication as to the quality of the
backup CBs last year . . .

That and at least listening to the roster prognosticators on the radio, they were talking about Doss being a bubble guy to even make the 53.

Tned
09-04-2017, 09:23 PM
From what I've seen (which is far from everything) it's come down to big fast receiving TEs, and playing safeties on them instead of LBs has been far from a perfect solution: Gronk, Kelce and before them Gates and Gonzalez have routinely had field days against our D ever since DJ got so old he had to turn to 'roids to remain competitive. It's hardly unique to us, but the common refrain in todays NFL; LBs are too slow to keep up with elite receiving TEs, but they overpower safeties.

It's hard to find guys with the speed, size and alertness to cover guys like Gronk all the way downfield. We DO have one, but he has a far bigger impact at OLB, however well he covered a WR down the sideline in SB 50. ;)

Yes, I understand why, but the fact is that it's still the minority of teams that have the Gronk, Kelce, Olson's of the world. So, without really tracking the lineups, I would have assumed they were using safeties against those teams and CBs against others, which is not the case. They aren't going with safeties when they are facing a monster pass catching TE and going with CBs with facing a Welker like slot guy, but instead are using a safety as the Dime back all the time.

This is going to come down to one of two reasons:

1. Our CB depth beyond Roby sucks.
2. Our safeties have good enough coverage skills and give up less in defending the run in dime than a 4th CB would.

dogfish
09-05-2017, 12:22 AM
interesting. . . i am gonna be paying extra attention to this now. . . i thought for sure that kayvon played most of the snaps as the dime back last year. . .

Tned
09-05-2017, 06:30 AM
interesting. . . i am gonna be paying extra attention to this now. . . i thought for sure that kayvon played most of the snaps as the dime back last year. . .

I thought so too, but after Mason responded that way, I went and looked at unique lineups and found that the majority of his snaps were as a replacement for Talib, with only a handful, maybe a dozen (scanning, not truly counting) as a dime back.

Joel
09-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Baby makes three, I guess, but I don't feel so bad about the mistaken belief Webster was our primary dimeback when evidently a lot of knowledgeable Broncos fans made the same mistake.

It also softens the blow of losing him to the Rams, though based on MHRs analysis of what Latimer did (or rather, did NOT) on STs last year I'd much rather have dumped him and kept Webster than the reverse: We only downed 3 punts inside the 20 last year, and none of them were by Latimer, but ALL were by Webster. Webster's also the guy who wrapped up speedy Ted Ginn Jr. one-on-one in the open field and slung him to the ground for a -1 yd punt return in SB 50, a feat that tends to be overshadowed by what happened just 3 plays later: Vons first strip-sack on Cam.

Now, maybe we still get a TD out of that even without Webster instantly throwing Ginn for a loss on the return; after all, the second one didn't roll all the way to the end zone, and we scored on that one. Of course, Carolina was thoroughly beaten down by then and we STILL needed a penalty to give us another 1st and G at their two. All I know for sure is that if Ginn manages ANYTHING on that return Cam fumble doesn't roll just past the goal line before Ware falls on it, it rolls just SHORT of it. Without that early TD to give us a two-score lead, that game could've gone very differently; if Carolina still shows enough life to get a TD early in the 2nd they're up by 1 instead of down by 4. And while the Panthers D may not have been as smothering and exploitative with a lead as ours, in 2015 they were darned good at both.

Ah, well; we couldn't afford to pay our 4th-best CB starter money and he'd earned the right to start SOMEWHERE. But it's a shame we could cut a three-time Pro Bowl safety and defensive captain just to save $4½M in cap space and keep a talented rookie UDFA, yet couldn't save nearly THREE TIMES AS MUCH cap space to keep a talented young veteran CB.

Like how I brought the tangent "full circle"? :tongue:

Tned
09-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Just saw this on Twitter. Did anyone listen to whole interview:

@SiriusXMNFL
2h
#Broncos LB @VonMiller: Trevor Siemian is 2x better than he was last year. I'm excited about our offense.

Joel
09-05-2017, 01:45 PM

@SiriusXMNFL
2h
#Broncos LB @VonMiller: Trevor Siemian is 2x better than he was last year. I'm excited about our offense.
Great to hear, but the real make-or-break $64,000 question is whether and how much our LINE is better. If CJ and Charles can routinely gash defenses for 5-6 yds with the occasional run up the tunnel, we won't need Siemian nearly as much and he'll have a lot single coverage with lone safeties deep when we want to go for a kill shot. If not, we better be able to protect him on 3rd and 12, HOWEVER much he's improved.

There's a strong and very suspicious correlation between how long our line has sucked and how long it's been since we were able to keep a starting passer OR runner in game shape more than half the season. Last time I recall was when the starting passer WAS the starting runner, and that was a while ago. Everyone knows QBs stay healthier the less they get hit, but has anyone stopped to consider that when a RB can scamper out of bounds (or into the end zone) after a 10-20 yd run, he takes a lot less punishment than when one tackler hits him at the handoff and two more pop him before he reaches the line?

HORSEPOWER 56
09-05-2017, 02:56 PM

We actually used to have 2 pretty good coverage ILBs in Marshall and Trevathan. Now Davis stinks and Marshall never seems 100%

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Broncos are signing former #Bills RB Jonathan Williams to their practice squad, source said. He gets a whopping $510,000 salary.

topscribe
09-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Broncos are signing former #Bills RB Jonathan Williams to their practice squad, source said. He gets a whopping $510,000 salary.
I wouldn't mind making $510,000 . . .

Tned
09-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Von on PFT Live:

“We’ve been saying it for a long time, we said it last year,” Miller said. “Him seeing the way it’s done, he just has that Peyton Manning vibe — he kind of looks like Peyton Manning too. It’s great to have that energy from Trevor in the locker room and on the football field. I trust him in everything, our whole organization trusts him. He’s looking 10 times better than he did last year and he did a lot of great stuff for us last year.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/06/von-miller-says-trevor-siemian-is-looking-like-peyton-manning/

Mike
09-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Von on PFT Live:

“We’ve been saying it for a long time, we said it last year,” Miller said. “Him seeing the way it’s done, he just has that Peyton Manning vibe — he kind of looks like Peyton Manning too. It’s great to have that energy from Trevor in the locker room and on the football field. I trust him in everything, our whole organization trusts him. He’s looking 10 times better than he did last year and he did a lot of great stuff for us last year.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/06/von-miller-says-trevor-siemian-is-looking-like-peyton-manning/

I remember hearing a few times on the radio last season that the defensive players were fans of Trevor. Because of all the hits that he took, the way he took them, and the way he played through it. I really hope he can put it together this year and the line/run game gives him a chance to put it together.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Von on PFT Live:

I appreciate what Von has said recently, but Von has become like Champ Bailey. Always a kind word for everyone. Believes in his teammates adamantly, never a sound bite that can be used vs the franchise or his teammates. He even took the team's side over TJ Ward (basically implying it was just sour grapes on TJ's part) in an interview he did on NFLN yesterday. It's what Von has to do as a leader of the team. Carry the party line and show the utmost support for his teammates no matter what he really feels.

He also said he's happy to have Brock back and that Colin Kaepernick should be on a roster somewhere and that he'd welcome him in Denver (this was yesterday, not the Florio PFT interview).

BroncoJoe
09-06-2017, 08:41 AM
I've said before that Siemian reminds me of Manning from a personality and cool-headed standpoint, and that he even looks like him.

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 08:54 AM

@SiriusXMNFL
2h

I'm hoping he's right. Time will tell. Monday's needs to get here hella quick.

Freyaka
09-06-2017, 08:55 AM
I've said before that Siemian reminds me of Manning from a personality and cool-headed standpoint, and that he even looks like him.

I kinda always assumed he was Archie's illegitimate son or something

VonDoom
09-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 15m15 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas, as Vance Joseph said he'd be, is back at Broncos practice today. DE Zach Kerr (bruised knee) was not.

Buff
09-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Man, Demaryius Thomas starting the year with a leg injury has me a little concerned. Seems like he is always battling some nagging injury. Glad he is practicing at least.

Buff
09-06-2017, 02:18 PM
i don't disagree with him. . . guys know that it's a business, but team captains don't typically expect to be unceremoniously cast off at the 11th hour. . . just as a fan, it does sting a little to see them dump him because he's slowed with a hamstring problem, while we're carrying dead roster spots for guys like lynch and booker, who haven't proven or accomplished anything. . . no one is going to cry for him given the salaries involved, but IMO it really didn't feel like he was shown much respect, as they didn't even offer him a chance to renegotiate. . . it is what it is. . . i thank him for his time here, and now hope that the young guys will be better than he was. . .

Totally agree with all of this.

My own speculation, but I also wonder if this is a bit of a shot across the bow from Elway to the defense. He got rid of their beloved defensive coordinator in the offseason, he cuts a beloved team captain - after we heard about lots of locker room discord last year. After Von kind of won the leverage game last summer. It feels like Elway is asserting his power over a group who he felt got a little too big for their britches last year.

topscribe
09-06-2017, 02:18 PM
You're not alone with that perception . . . http://tinyurl.com/yas3veqv

Davii
09-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Totally agree with all of this.

My own speculation, but I also wonder if this is a bit of a shot across the bow from Elway to the defense. He got rid of their beloved defensive coordinator in the offseason, he cuts a beloved team captain - after we heard about lots of locker room discord last year. After Von kind of won the leverage game last summer. It feels like Elway is asserting his power over a group who he felt got a little too big for their britches last year.

I hadn't considered that, but it could definitely be part of it. I did consider it with Wade not being offered a new contract, but it hadn't occurred to me outside of that.

VonDoom
09-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 57s57 seconds ago

Broncos captains: Von Miller, Aqib Talib, Trevor Siemian, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon McManus. Voted by players.

VonDoom
09-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 55s56 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said Demaryius Thomas is fine.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 45s45 seconds ago

Joseph has not decided if Max Garcia or Allen Barbre will start at LG in the opener.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20s20 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph said thinking behind adding Williams "it was about adding a good player. That's it" @DenverChannel

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Man, Demaryius Thomas starting the year with a leg injury has me a little concerned. Seems like he is always battling some nagging injury. Glad he is practicing at least.

Usually it happens in a game and he misses a series or two.

Tned
09-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Manning comparison's for their team captain coming fast and furious.

RT @MaseDenver: Bennie Fowler says Siemian is like "a Baby Peyton" out there in how he runs the huddle.

underrated29
09-06-2017, 03:38 PM

RT @MaseDenver: Bennie Fowler says Siemian is like "a Baby Peyton" out there in how he runs the huddle.

Please let it be 2013 Manning and not 2015

dogfish
09-06-2017, 03:39 PM
i for one welcome our new QB overlord, trevor manning. . .

VonDoom
09-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 16m16 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian on being voted a captain: "It's an unreal honor for me."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Asked Von Miller if there are certain QBs he enjoys facing more than others: "Nah, I like sacking them all."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

@VonMiller on Peyton Manning comparisons w Siemian "Their vibe, their energy that they have, that's what Trevor has" #Broncos @DenverChannel

Tned
09-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Please let it be 2013 Manning and not 2015

Ok, if you have to have 2013 Manning in Siemian, and 2013 defense, or 2015 Manning and 2015 defense, which do you want...

Tned
09-06-2017, 03:48 PM
i for one welcome our new QB overlord, trevor manning. . .

Aka, PeyPey.

NightTrainLayne
09-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Joseph has not decided if Max Garcia or Allen Barbre will start at LG in the opener.

!!!!!!!!!

topscribe
09-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Aka, PeyPey.
So will he be TFS from now on?

Tned
09-06-2017, 03:50 PM
!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the quote was, "because they are both playing so well."

Tned
09-06-2017, 03:51 PM
@ZacStevensBSN: Trevor Siemian "appreciates" Garett Bolles attitude of "My quarterback is like my wife, if you touch her then you're in trouble"

Joel
09-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Latimer, Sunshine and McKenzie had great preseasons too; maybe time we cut some aging overpaid dead weight that's holding back our future stars. ;)

Joseph has not decided if Max Garcia or Allen Barbre will start at LG in the opener.!!!!!!!!!
Leader of TBD men....

Tned
09-06-2017, 04:19 PM
@markhaastv: Trevor on personal goals: "Bottom line I want to win. We want to win the division, make a run in playoffs and win the Super Bowl." #4Broncos

topscribe
09-06-2017, 04:31 PM
@markhaastv: Trevor on personal goals: "Bottom line I want to win. We want to win the division, make a run in playoffs and win the Super Bowl." #4Broncos
It always seems to be a "we" approach with Trevor . . .

slim
09-06-2017, 04:36 PM
!!!!!!!!!

Pipe down, he is too busy leading men to make such mundane decisions.

BroncoJoe
09-06-2017, 04:41 PM

NTL is very excitable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Ok, if you have to have 2013 Manning in Siemian, and 2013 defense, or 2015 Manning and 2015 defense, which do you want...

2015 defense.all.day.long

Tned
09-06-2017, 09:36 PM
2015 defense.all.day.long

And, 2015 Siemanning?

dogfish
09-06-2017, 10:09 PM

personally, i don't see why people are making such a big deal about it. . . he named a right guard, didn't he? you don't always get everything. . .

Tned
09-06-2017, 10:20 PM
personally, i don't see why people are making such a big deal about it. . . he named a right guard, didn't he? you don't always get everything. . .

You're getting more sarcastic in your old age. I can really respect that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-06-2017, 10:46 PM
And, 2015 Siemanning?

I'd put Bradley Van Pelt on that team and run the veer

Davii
09-07-2017, 12:49 PM
I'd put Bradley Van Pelt on that team and run the veer

I'll lead that team. I'm a leader of men AND women. BEAT THAT VJ!

slim
09-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Left guard is the least important of the guards. Everyone knows that.

Joel
09-07-2017, 04:54 PM
I'll lead that team. I'm a leader of men AND women. BEAT THAT VJ!
Wow, then we could have Bradley AND LUCY Van Pelt! Just, um... don't let her hold for FGs, okay, Fearless Leader? ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 12m

#Broncos Booker told me gets X-Ray Friday on right wrist. Expected it to be healed so can start road back to field @DenverChannel

Patrick Smyth‏Verified account @psmyth12

The Chargers have returned 300 tickets for Monday's game, and they are now available at http://Ticketmaster.com .

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19m

Philip Rivers said @VonMiller "will be remembered as one of the best to ever play."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19m

Philip Rivers on Broncos' defense: "You love to play those guys because they're one of the best."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3h

.@DemaryiusT is one 100-yd game to pass Calvin Johnson for 2nd-most since '11. Said he doesn't think about it much. "Maybe in the offseason"

dogfish
09-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Left guard is the least important of the guards. Everyone knows that.

one of the least important spots on the whole team, really. . . and he's named starters at virtually every other position. . . personally, i am getting a little tired of people and their unrealistic expectations. . . just trying to stay positive over here!

slim
09-07-2017, 06:30 PM
one of the least important spots on the whole team, really. . . and he's named starters at virtually every other position. . . personally, i am getting a little tired of people and their unrealistic expectations. . . just trying to stay positive over here!

Me too. I am all about positivity and hate

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2017, 06:47 PM
This year, the second game of the NFL's annual "Monday Night Football" doubleheader will feature a bit of history.

ESPN has assigned Beth Mowins to the play-by-play broadcast of the Chargers-Broncos game. Mowins will be the first woman to handle play-by-play duties for a regular-season NFL game in 30 years. Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated first reported the news. The game's analyst will be former Jets and Bills coach Rex Ryan.

"This is an amazing opportunity and I look forward to working with Rex and our entire ESPN team," Mowins said in an ESPN news release. "As lifelong fans of the NFL 'Monday Night Football' franchise, we want to bring the same passion to the broadcast as our predecessors have all done."

rest - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/beth-mowins-rex-ryan-to-call-chargers-broncos-on-monday-night-football-in-week-1/

NightTrainLayne
09-07-2017, 10:39 PM
rest - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/beth-mowins-rex-ryan-to-call-chargers-broncos-on-monday-night-football-in-week-1/

So. .. . who was the woman who handled play-by-play duties 30 years ago?

NightTrainLayne
09-07-2017, 10:41 PM
So. .. . who was the woman who handled play-by-play duties 30 years ago?

Gayle Sierens. Hmm. Tuck that piece of trivia away, I'm sure it will come in handy someday.

VonDoom
09-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Michael Spencer‏ @MichaelCBS4 20m20 minutes ago

The #Broncos are encouraging fans to wear orange to Monday's game. Broncos want to "Orange-Out" Mile High. Will look really cool at night.

Tned
09-08-2017, 11:30 AM

The #Broncos are encouraging fans to wear orange to Monday's game. Broncos want to "Orange-Out" Mile High. Will look really cool at night.

Even more cool if they didn't have the stupid blue seats, which makes it obvious if people aren't back from concessions/bathrooms after halftime.

Joel
09-08-2017, 12:25 PM
All I care about's a commentators competence and objectivity, not their genitals. Here's hoping this in one of those cases where so many DO care about the other that a woman must be twice as good to equally accepted, rather than yet another pathetic attempt at creating a network version of cheerleaders. All I know about Beth Mowins is that the she can't possibly be worse than Phil "Captain Obvious" Simms and his bootlicker Jim Nantz.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2017, 01:28 PM
The Denver Broncos are encouraging fans to wear all orange to their season opener against the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday, Sept. 11. As part of the “Orange Out,” all fans 21 years or older that attend the game will receive an orange rally towel from Bud Light.

The game will not start until 8:20 p.m. MT but Parking Lot C will open at 2 p.m. for early tailgating and all parking lots will open at 3 p.m. All gates to the stadium will open at 6:30 p.m.

Fans that attend the game should also notice faster, more reliable Wi-Fi since last season. The Broncos and Verizon partnered on a $6 million renovation to the stadium’s Wi-Fi this offseason.

The team will also debut their fight song lyrics — the words will be displayed on the video board and printed in the Gameday Magazine for fans to follow along.

Monday’s season-opening game will be nationally televised on ESPN.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/08/denver-broncos-news-orange-out-fight-song-monday-night-football/

Davii
09-08-2017, 01:30 PM

I'll be wearing my orange Von Miller and my light up hat.

slim
09-08-2017, 01:33 PM

Tell me more about your light up hat.

underrated29
09-08-2017, 01:42 PM

Ya I want a light up hat!

slim
09-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Ya I want a light up hat!

I don't know what is!!!

Buff
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Loved this Rivers quote from Klis on Denver fans/stadium: "It's old school NFL. You love going places where fans know what they're watching. Not always the case."

...More praise than Jay Cutler ever gave us.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
The Broncos have a fight song?

Davii
09-08-2017, 02:58 PM

I’ve worn it every game since I returned from deployment in 2010. It's invisible to the TSA. I've posted video of how bad ass it is here. I'll find the video and post it again.

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2017, 03:19 PM
I’ve worn it every game since I returned from deployment in 2010. It's invisible to the TSA. I've posted video of how bad ass it is here. I'll find the video and post it again.

Somehow I missed this, please post again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Let's see the hat Davii!

Google voice typing new how to spell Davii. That is eerie.

slim
09-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Let's see the hat Davii!

Google voice typing new how to spell Davii. That is eerie.

How did you pronounce it?

GEM
09-08-2017, 04:13 PM
I have this one:

underrated29
09-08-2017, 04:19 PM
I have this one:

Demo it.

with nothing else on

VonDoom
09-08-2017, 04:57 PM
The Broncos have a fight song?

They do now, apparently. I saw the lyrics earlier. It's either cool or completely lame, depending on how you feel about fight songs in general

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2017, 04:58 PM
How did you pronounce it?

Like Davy Crockett

VonDoom
09-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Sounds like Crick might not be ready to go. Klis says we'll probably see a lot of Gotsis and Shelby Harris

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Sounds like Crick might not be ready to go. Klis says we'll probably see a lot of Gotsis and Shelby Harris

I don't really think there's a drop off between Crick and Harris

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2017, 05:20 PM
How to watch every Denver Broncos game live online using streaming services

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/08/watch-denver-broncos-game-live-online/

underrated29
09-08-2017, 05:50 PM

This is a good thing. Both can hold the point of attack better than Crick. Harris is a madman. I like him! Glad he is going to get PT. Hes a boss.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 29m

Troy Renck Retweeted Daniel Wallach

Which means he will be eligible to play vs. #Broncos in Week 2 @DenverChannel

Troy Renck added,
Daniel Wallach @WALLACHLEGAL
BREAKING: Ezekiel Elliott wins injunction from Texas court. NFL barred from imposing suspension for duration of lawsuit (likely all season).

topscribe
09-08-2017, 06:01 PM
This is a good thing. Both can hold the point of attack better than Crick. Harris is a madman. I like him! Glad he is going to get PT. Hes a boss.
Crick had trouble with that last year. Have you heard anything about him this year (honest question because I've heard little)? He's supposed to be about 20 lbs heavier because of that.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Broncos may make adjustment after Crick misses practice
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-may-make-adjustment-after-crick-misses-practice/472450829

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Elway Access: Season Opener
On this week's "Elway Access," John Elway talks about the player that surprised him the most during the preseason and his advice to Trevor Siemian heading into Monday night's opener.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Access-Season-Opener/80101053-451b-48b7-9d32-fd68fb4a04f6

GEM
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 29m

Troy Renck Retweeted Daniel Wallach

Which means he will be eligible to play vs. #Broncos in Week 2 @DenverChannel

Troy Renck added,
Daniel Wallach @WALLACHLEGAL
BREAKING: Ezekiel Elliott wins injunction from Texas court. NFL barred from imposing suspension for duration of lawsuit (likely all season).

So now none of the punishments the NFL passes down will stand. Thanks Tom Brady.

Tned
09-08-2017, 09:23 PM
So now none of the punishments the NFL passes down will stand. Thanks Tom Brady.

Is the NFLPA pushing this at every turn. They signed the CBA, they agreed to these things, and they won't honor their contracts. The scumbag NFLPA director has already said there will be a lockout or strike and they are going to war with NFL and has pretty much guaranteed there will be a work stoppage.

topscribe
09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Is the NFLPA pushing this at every turn. They signed the CBA, they agreed to these things, and they won't honor their contracts. The scumbag NFLPA director has already said there will be a lockout or strike and they are going to war with NFL and has pretty much guaranteed there will be a work stoppage.
I'm so damned tired of the politics between the billionaires and the millionaires . . .

dogfish
09-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Crick had trouble with that last year. Have you heard anything about him this year (honest question because I've heard little)? He's supposed to be about 20 lbs heavier because of that.

it better make him more stout at the POA-- 'cuz it's sure not making him any quicker, and he was already dirt slow. . . he's pretty much a replacement level scrub-- i will be glad when we move on from him. . . i hated seeing demarcus walker moved to OLB. . . i'm just hoping it was strictly about the ray and barrett injuries. . . they couldn't have deemed him hopeless at DE that quickly, could they? fingers crossed that shelby harris can carry his promising play over to the regular season, because we're not in great shape on the line unless one or two of the kids can contribute something. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
09-08-2017, 10:20 PM
it better make him more stout at the POA-- 'cuz it's sure not making him any quicker, and he was already dirt slow. . . he's pretty much a replacement level scrub-- i will be glad when we move on from him. . . i hated seeing demarcus walker moved to OLB. . . i'm just hoping it was strictly about the ray and barrett injuries. . . they couldn't have deemed him hopeless at DE that quickly, could they? fingers crossed that shelby harris can carry his promising play over to the regular season, because we're not in great shape on the line unless one or two of the kids can contribute something. . .

That's why I found the Demarcus Walker pick interesting. At FSU, he was much better as an inside rusher 3 technique than he was outside lining up at DE in a 4-3. Putting him as a standup OLB is really a stretch. 5 tech DE who kicks inside on passing downs is a much better place for him, IMO. He's more of a bull rush/high motor guy than a pure outside speed rusher (more a Wolfe than a Ware). We'll see how he does.

GEM
09-09-2017, 12:03 AM

They may want to watch themselves, there are a lot of Americans already tired of the antics. Might just kill the very product that made them important.

VonDoom
09-09-2017, 07:24 AM

He'll probably end up serving the suspension next year, much like Brady. But not before months of back and forth legal jargon. Doesn't help us this year in week two, though

Nomad
09-09-2017, 08:38 AM
BRONCOS want their best. Gotta beat the best, to be the best.....bring it on Ezekiel.

GEM
09-09-2017, 09:50 AM
I hope Wolfe treats Elliot how Elliot treats women. :shocked:

underrated29
09-09-2017, 10:02 AM
We will be fine. Load the box to stop zeke. Dak can't beat us. So shut down zeke with 8 or 9 and we win. Easy.

Tned
09-09-2017, 10:26 AM
They may want to watch themselves, there are a lot of Americans already tired of the antics. Might just kill the very product that made them important.

Yep, was thinking the same thing. They can turn to college football, NBA, or might be ripe for an alternative league.

The union thinks they have owners over a barrel, but as owners have shown before, they have deeper pockets and more staying power, and the two sides feuding will just piss us fans off we'll be made at both sides, NFL in general.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2h

As wrote Thursday, Crick (back) and Kerr (knee) almost certain to miss Monday's game. Crick improving but it takes time @DenverChannel

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Yep, was thinking the same thing. They can turn to college football, NBA, or might be ripe for an alternative league.

The union thinks they have owners over a barrel, but as owners have shown before, they have deeper pockets and more staying power, and the two sides feuding will just piss us fans off we'll be made at both sides, NFL in general.

I am already at the point where if the UFC had an event at the same time as the NFL, unless it was Denver playing I would watch the UFC.

Joel
09-09-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm so damned tired of the politics between the billionaires and the millionaires . . .
I'm marginally more sympathetic to players because 1) they actually DO something (other than collecting a check) to produce the NFLs billions and 2) the richest player's paid orders of magnitude less than the poorest owner. That said, players don't have "socialist" revenue-sharing as the owners do, and, despite the NFLPAs constant bleating about poorly paid borderline players with brief careers and huge expenses, it would scream bloody murder if anyone suggested paying all players equally.

Elliots injunction surprises me a bit though, because I thought Bradys case definitively the Commissioners authority over player discipline is absolute and unilateral, because the players union explicitly agreed to that in the binding CBA. I mean, yes, it's asinine, but their representatives knew that yet legally agreed to it anyway, so unless they're arguing the NFLPA was under duress and/or legally incompetent there's not much to discuss.

topscribe
09-09-2017, 11:59 AM

Woody Paige with Les Shapiro in 2015: "[Trevor Siemian] has the strongest arm out there and the
strongest upside." Woody was comparing Trevor with the other quarterbacks vying for a spot on
the team after Trevor's very strong showing in the preseason. This was even though Woody was
skeptical about Tevor's future. His comments are shown here:

Ip0paFFm9NU

Davii
09-09-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm marginally more sympathetic to players because 1) they actually DO something (other than collecting a check) to produce the NFLs billions and 2) the richest player's paid orders of magnitude less than the poorest owner. That said, players don't have "socialist" revenue-sharing as the owners do, and, despite the NFLPAs constant bleating about poorly paid borderline players with brief careers and huge expenses, it would scream bloody murder if anyone suggested paying all players equally.

Elliots injunction surprises me a bit though, because I thought Bradys case definitively the Commissioners authority over player discipline is absolute and unilateral, because the players union explicitly agreed to that in the binding CBA. I mean, yes, it's asinine, but their representatives knew that yet legally agreed to it anyway, so unless they're arguing the NFLPA was under duress and/or legally incompetent there's not much to discuss.

Add up the pay for all the players, coaches, support staff, and expenses the one owner is responsible for. Is the owner's profit still orders of magnitude more?

I hate to break it to you Joel, the owners do a lot as well, and pay for a LOT more than just player salaries.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Press conference just started on Broncos' website - VJ talking now

VonDoom
09-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Crick and Kerr out, K Peko questionable. The D-line is very thin this week

VonDoom
09-09-2017, 12:16 PM

In fact, it would only leave Wolfe, D Peko, Gotsis and Harris. Unless they put Walker back to his normal position, but I don't even know if he's practiced as a DE lately

Freyaka
09-09-2017, 12:21 PM
They do now, apparently. I saw the lyrics earlier. It's either cool or completely lame, depending on how you feel about fight songs in general

I personally really like the song we used to come out onto the field last season or the season before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

dogfish
09-09-2017, 12:32 PM
In fact, it would only leave Wolfe, D Peko, Gotsis and Harris. Unless they put Walker back to his normal position, but I don't even know if he's practiced as a DE lately

mini peko is hurt? perfect time to cut him, and bring reek jarrett up to the big club. . . he looks like a better prospect anyway. . .

slim
09-09-2017, 01:29 PM

What do you mean? We have never been deeper.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Woody Paige with Les Shapiro in 2015: "[Trevor Siemian] has the strongest arm out there and the
strongest upside." Woody was comparing Trevor with the other quarterbacks vying for a spot on
the team after Trevor's very strong showing in the preseason. This was even though Woody was
skeptical about Tevor's future. His comments are shown here:

Ip0paFFm9NU

That's nice for August 2015, I think we know a little bit better now, especially about "arm strength".

topscribe
09-09-2017, 03:03 PM
That's nice for August 2015, I think we know a little bit better now, especially about "arm strength".
If you're implying that Trevor doesn't have a strong arm, then, no, you don't know about his arm strength.
Woody was not making that up. The coaches said at the time that Trevor had the strongest arm of the lot.
Your denying that does not change the facts. Tned put a lot of time into documenting everything about it.
If you have not seen it, I suggest you go back and review. I posted this today because I ran into it just
today, and it only reinforces all of it.

slim
09-09-2017, 03:06 PM
I think his arm is strong, but it just needs time to jell.

Davii
09-09-2017, 03:32 PM
mini peko is hurt? perfect time to cut him, and bring reek jarrett up to the big club. . . he looks like a better prospect anyway. . .

Was he castrated like the other Reek?

Davii
09-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I CAN'T WAIT for this game!!!!!! Football is BACK!

My annual pilgrimage to Mecca (Mile High) has begun, almost time to board here in New Orleans!

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 03:52 PM

Dogfish 2020.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 03:54 PM
I personally really like the song we used to come out onto the field last season or the season before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Nope!

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 03:55 PM

His arm got weaker?

VonDoom
09-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Your wish has come true - Kyle Peko was released. Guessing they bring up Jarrett before Monday

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Joseph delivers final injury report of the week
Head Coach Vance Joseph updates the injury report and talks about his unique practice schedule.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph-delivers-final-injury-report-of-the-week/b0e4a186-0576-486f-9654-568875ffa741

Olivo: Latimer will return kicks
Special Teams Coordinator Brock Olivo talks about Brandon McManus being named a captain and what it takes for rookies to learn about playing special teams in the NFL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Olivo_Latimer_will_return_kicks/daae4642-3935-483b-8510-74126b452984

Ziggy
09-09-2017, 04:55 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos waived second-year nose tackle Kyle Peko on Saturday ahead of their season opener Monday night against the Chargers.

Peko appeared in one game as a rookie and spent the majority of 2016 on the Broncos’ practice squad.

The Broncos initially waived Peko as they formed their initial 53-man roster, but they re-signed him Sunday, Sept. 3.

Defensive ends Jared Crick and Zach Kerr were both ruled out for Monday’s game, Head Coach Vance Joseph announced Saturday.

Derek Wolfe and Adam Gotsis are also returning from injuries. They will count on Wolfe, Gotsis, Domata Peko Sr. and Shelby Harris on Monday night.

The Broncos now have a free roster spot if they wish to look for additional help along the defensive line.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-waive-nose-tackle-Kyle-Peko/0a856010-7718-4a25-bde8-f3b3309b7691

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2017, 05:23 PM
If you're implying that Trevor doesn't have a strong arm, then, no, you don't know about his arm strength.
Woody was not making that up. The coaches said at the time that Trevor had the strongest arm of the lot.
Your denying that does not change the facts. Tned put a lot of time into documenting everything about it.
If you have not seen it, I suggest you go back and review. I posted this today because I ran into it just

So he underthrows all of his deep passes on purpose? How about those crossing routes behind the receivers all the time? Go ahead and tell me about "back shoulder" throws... those aren't supposed to be. Siemien either has problems with arm strength, accuracy, or both over 10 yards. You don't have to take my word for it, just watch any game from last year. Our WRs did a very good job of making plays on the ball to make catches and few passes were ever "in stride". There's a reason our YAC was poor last year.

Jsteve01
09-09-2017, 05:53 PM

So he underthrows all of his deep passes on purpose? How about those crossing routes behind the receivers all the time? Go ahead and tell me about "back shoulder" throws... those aren't supposed to be. Siemien either has problems with arm strength, accuracy, or both over 10 yards. You don't have to take my word for it, just watch any game from last year. Our WRs did a very good job of making plays on the ball to make catches and few passes were ever "in stride". There's a reason our YAC was poor last year. he looked a lot better this year. In preseason. And again like I'm beating a dead horse here but having ankle injuries and shoulder injuries definitely don't help enhance your arm strength. If you can't plant with your off foot and you can't generate torque with your off shoulder you're not going to throw with much velocity. Downfield accuracy may definitely be an issue for him. But I don't think it's just based primarily in lack of arm strength.

Nomad
09-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm rooting for Siemian.

topscribe
09-09-2017, 06:55 PM
he looked a lot better this year. In preseason. And again like I'm beating a dead horse here but having ankle injuries and shoulder injuries definitely don't help enhance your arm strength. If you can't plant with your off foot and you can't generate torque with your off shoulder you're not going to throw with much velocity. Downfield accuracy may definitely be an issue for him. But I don't think it's just based primarily in lack of arm strength.
Some here will counter, "But it's his non-throwing shoulder." That's because they've never played quarterback. There is no such thing as non-throwing ANYTHING on a QB's body. Drew Brees was involved in a video some time back showing how a throw involves every inch of the body, from the balls of the feet on up to the neck. Brees should know.

Regarding deep throwing, Trevor didn't have an issue with deep throws before his injuries. I remember remarking to myself early in the season how accurate he was with his deep throws, then wondering late in the season what happened. When it surfaced how damaged his shoulder was, I knew. Nonetheless, one thing Trevor is really good at is the back shoulder throw. Some of those might have been interpreted as under-throws, but they aren't. Back shoulder throws are exceptionally difficult because they involve both precise accuracy and timing with the receiver. The ball is generally in the air before the receiver looks back for it. It also involves a great deal of arm strength because it often has to be thrown on a rope to be successful, and it is usually a deep out.

4:50, 5:25, 7:25, and 8:55 in the video below are good examples of that. The one at 11:20 might have been back shoulder, too, but I'm not so sure that one wasn't underthrown. But there are several examples of deep throws in this video, that were not back shoulder, where he dropped it right in the bucket.

mKZIjYl5puU

MOtorboat
09-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Wait. Latimer is returning kicks?

topscribe
09-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Wait. Latimer is returning kicks?
Yup. Olivo in his presser today stated categorically that Latimer is the kick returner.

Davii
09-09-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm here, or as Dave would say, "Denver, I am in you."

Freyaka
09-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Yup. Olivo in his presser today stated categorically that Latimer is the kick returner.

That's pretty idiotic...He's a terrible returner...

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2017, 09:07 PM
That's pretty idiotic...He's a terrible returner...

True, but they said they didn't want McKenzie doing it because he's too small. McKenzie will return punts. Lattimer just needs to not try to take kicks out of the end zone and we'll be fine. Bend the knee Cody!

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Your wish has come true - Kyle Peko was released. Guessing they bring up Jarrett before Monday

Yes!

Yes!

Yes1

Again...

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 09:47 PM

Dog/Top 2020.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Underthrown passes isn't a measure of arm strength.

topscribe
09-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Dog/Top 2020.
I prefer Top/Dog. (Get it? Get it?) :D

Simple Jaded
09-09-2017, 10:07 PM

Yes.

underrated29
09-10-2017, 12:20 AM
They said latimer has been returning kicks since camp. Not news.

Also one of the reasons I knew he'd make the team. ( that's 2 for me Frey and nada for you buddy)
#u29thirstysumbish

Valar Morghulis
09-10-2017, 01:47 AM

#iwishiwasinyou

Cugel
09-10-2017, 09:32 AM

I was going to make a pretty good joke out of this remark, but I shall refrain because it's Top.

dogfish
09-10-2017, 10:31 AM
They said latimer has been returning kicks since camp. Not news.

sure, but who believed they were actually gonna put him back there? it's kind of a crap idea. . . them saying mckenzie is too small baffles me. . . small, shifty guys are what you want on returns. . . when has a tall, straight-line guy with average speed/acceleration ever been a good returner?

Joel
09-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Add up the pay for all the players, coaches, support staff, and expenses the one owner is responsible for. Is the owner's profit still orders of magnitude more?
Yes. That equation has far more variables, and thus complexity, but the final ratio of typical owner/player profit is still ~100:1. Here's a Fox article from last year (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/roger-goodell-made-44-times-what-nfl-players-did-how-s-that-stack-up-in-corporate-world-021716) about complaints Goodells $34,100,000 salary was 44X the median player salary of:

$770,000

Note that that doesn't count ~320 PS members, nearly all of whom make less than even the active 53s rookie minimum. It also doesn't count PLAYER expenses like the $200,000 Rivers spent on a mobile mancave for home game commutes to prevent ripping his wife and umpteen kids out of their San Diego home. Bubble active and PS players can't afford that, but also can't afford to buy even a modest local home when next year might find them playing on the other side of the country—or NOWHERE.

As usual, the sole publicly-owned teams legal obligation to make its ledger public provides our sole tiny window on NFL finances: Last year, Green Bays profit (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-12/nfl-teams-split-record-7-8-billion-in-2016-up-10-percent) (i.e. revenue after expenses,) including stadium revenue (not shared with the other 31 teams*) was

$65,400,000

That's $770,000*101.925145872, but I'm just going to go ahead and call it an even 10² if that's alright with you. ;) When we factor in player game-related expenses, PS salaries and the fact most stadiums aren't in small towns in the middle of nowhere on the Canadian border (e.g. every presidential nominating convention since 1964 has been in an NFL city, though L.A. was "between teams" during the 2000 RNC) the difference is probably slightly more than 2 orders of magnitude rather than slightly less.

I wish it were hyperbole to say owners get orders of magnitude more than the players whose sweat and injuries generate all NFL revenue, but it's not.

I hate to break it to you Joel, the owners do a lot as well, and pay for a LOT more than just player salaries.
Yes: As you note, they also pay EVERYONES salary, but OTHER than collecting and deciding dispersal of each teams $437,000,000 last year alone (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-pulled-in-dollar14-billion-in-revenue-during-2016-season/ar-AAnTZa3), what do owners do?

*Okay, technically GB and all teams split the home gate 60/40 with the visitors, but you know what I mean: It's not subject to revenue-sharing.

Northman
09-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Then why did we draft Henderson?

*Edit* McKenzie

MOtorboat
09-10-2017, 10:53 AM

*Edit* McKenzie

Latimer is going to have a breakout year.

For the third straight year. Again.

Joel
09-10-2017, 11:00 AM
#iwishiwasinyou
*were
#TheEnglishCan'tSpeakEnglish :tongue:

spikerman
09-10-2017, 11:08 AM

I too am here. Sounds like a party.

spikerman
09-10-2017, 11:57 AM
At McCarthy's in Aurora watching the games.

Nomad
09-10-2017, 12:04 PM
At McCarthy's in Aurora watching the games.

Raiders/Titans here.

Northman
09-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Redzone!

Nomad
09-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Redzone!

I got the redzone channel yesterday. Flipping back and forth from the Titans game.

It'll be a late night for you tomorrow. I didn't realize it was a 10:20pm ET kickoff.

Tned
09-10-2017, 12:31 PM

I know you live in near socialist society, so your sense of reality is a bit warped by that, but that's an extremely naive view of the world, the NFL and the CBA.

The players are getting a socialist revenue share. They are getting ~50% of the owners revenue, with zero capital contribution or financial risk. They are VERY, VERY highly paid employees.

I don't know of many of the NFL players, aka the NFLPA, that want to divide up their 50% of the revenue equally among all players.

Don't shit on the owners about this, this is decided BY the players. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Stafford, etc. are not out there in THEIR union, saying, let's share the revenue equally among all players.

If you want to keep ranting about the owners doing nothing, which is just so out of touch with reality, why don't you take it to a politics thread where you can rail against capitalism and talk about how Bill Gates shouldn't make a dime more than any other employee of Microsoft and other naive ideas you want to spew.

Some of us actually want to read and talk about the Broncos and football, not your out of touch socialist views, in our Broncos Talk threads.

topscribe
09-10-2017, 12:57 PM
I got the redzone channel yesterday. Flipping back and forth from the Titans game.

It'll be a late night for you tomorrow. I didn't realize it was a 10:20pm ET kickoff.
Here in AZ, it will be 7:20. Seems everything starts late in the eastern time zone.

Don't know whether I'd want to put up with that . . .

VonDoom
09-10-2017, 01:32 PM

*Edit* McKenzie

McKenzie is the PR. They didn't really look at him as a KR too

Joel
09-10-2017, 01:57 PM
I know you live in near socialist society, so your sense of reality is a bit warped by that, but that's an extremely naive view of the world, the NFL and the CBA.
This is probably the first and last time anyone will ever call Texas "socialist," but anyway...

The players are getting a socialist revenue share. They are getting ~50% of the owners revenue, with zero capital contribution or financial risk. They are VERY, VERY highly paid employees.
The players get nothing like a socialist revenue share: They all show up to work their tails off every single day, but a few get >$20,000,000/yr for the same effort that gets many more $500,000/yr. You may want to check the definition of "socialist;" it doesn't mean "some people are paid 40X as much for equal work, as in Texas."

I don't know of many of the NFL players, aka the NFLPA, that want to divide up their 50% of the revenue equally among all players.
I'd bet actual money the majority of NFL players want that, but it doesn't matter because the "union" works for underprivileged defenseless players like Tom Brady who'd be living on the street within a year if the NFLPA weren't making sure their salaries dwarf those of typical players to the same degree as owner profits dwarf theirs.

Don't shit on the owners about this, this is decided BY the players. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Stafford, etc. are not out there in THEIR union, saying, let's share the revenue equally among all players.
The few players who actually ARE millionaires shit on the majority of their teammates as much as the owners shit on all of them, and the NFLPA actually HELPS spread the manure (in many ways) while claiming to do the opposite: But at least the players (sort of) work for a living.

If you want to keep ranting about the owners doing nothing, which is just so out of touch with reality, why don't you take it to a politics thread where you can rail against capitalism and talk about how Bill Gates shouldn't make a dime more than any other employee of Microsoft and other naive ideas you want to spew.

Some of us actually want to read and talk about the Broncos and football, not your out of touch socialist views, in our Broncos Talk threads.
This isn't about politics: Believe it or not, just because we disagree about something doesn't automatically make it politics. FOOTBALL Players are supposedly threatening another strike, but we can't talk about that because "it's not football, and this isn't P&R"?

This certainly isn't labor vs. management, despite the NFLPAs pretense of "a union;" we're talking about people who generate >$14,000,000,000 playing a GAME just PART of a year. This isn't "good guys vs. bad guys," but, as is so often the case in the real world, bad guys vs. worse guys. When perennial All Pros start donating a chunk of their massive salaries to pensions for scrubs who won't be on any team long enough to qualify for the NFLs official pension, then they'll all be in it together in solidarity.

Cugel
09-10-2017, 04:02 PM

You kids get off my lawn!!!

"One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..."

spikerman
09-10-2017, 04:48 PM
What time are you getting out there tomorrow Davii?

Tned
09-10-2017, 06:09 PM
This is probably the first and last time anyone will ever call Texas "socialist," but anyway...

The players get nothing like a socialist revenue share: They all show up to work their tails off every single day, but a few get >$20,000,000/yr for the same effort that gets many more $500,000/yr. You may want to check the definition of "socialist;" it doesn't mean "some people are paid 40X as much for equal work, as in Texas."

I'd bet actual money the majority of NFL players want that, but it doesn't matter because the "union" works for underprivileged defenseless players like Tom Brady who'd be living on the street within a year if the NFLPA weren't making sure their salaries dwarf those of typical players to the same degree as owner profits dwarf theirs.

The few players who actually ARE millionaires shit on the majority of their teammates as much as the owners shit on all of them, and the NFLPA actually HELPS spread the manure (in many ways) while claiming to do the opposite: But at least the players (sort of) work for a living.

This isn't about politics: Believe it or not, just because we disagree about something doesn't automatically make it politics. FOOTBALL Players are supposedly threatening another strike, but we can't talk about that because "it's not football, and this isn't P&R"?

This certainly isn't labor vs. management, despite the NFLPAs pretense of "a union;" we're talking about people who generate >$14,000,000,000 playing a GAME just PART of a year. This isn't "good guys vs. bad guys," but, as is so often the case in the real world, bad guys vs. worse guys. When perennial All Pros start donating a chunk of their massive salaries to pensions for scrubs who won't be on any team long enough to qualify for the NFLs official pension, then they'll all be in it together in solidarity.

It sure as hell has nothing to do with Chargers week, now does it?

You previously claimed to live in Norway, and your constant socialist rants made it seem that you fully adapted to their socialist ways.

When you make numerous rants about billionaire owners riding on the backs of the poor players, it is about politics, because what you are ranting about is capitalism and saying there should not be a return on investment for owners that have invested hundreds of millions of dollars.

Give us all a break and take your owner bashing to a different thread. This is about press conference notes related to SD game.

Freyaka
09-10-2017, 07:13 PM
I spent the whole day switching between a couple games on NFL2go. I don't know what I'll do if that ever goes away.

Joel
09-10-2017, 07:41 PM
It sure as hell has nothing to do with Chargers week, now does it?
Well, gee, who brought all the talk about owners vs. the "scumbag" NFLPA and talk of strikes into this thread?

Gem never said anything about it, only Tom Brady litigating his way out of long overdue punishment, which SOMEONE then decided had nothing to do with Brady but everything to do with the NFLPA refusing to honor contracts, threatening strikes and "war" (WAR? Seriously?) I love a good tangent, but even I have limits. ;)

You previously claimed to live in Norway, and your constant socialist rants made it seem that you fully adapted to their socialist ways.
I previously did live in Norway, for a little over five years—after living in Texas for about 34; I've been back in Texas since the end of 2015. Guess which shaped me the most. My roots are dirt farmers and dockworkers, neither of whom had any truck with Reds, but many of the former were in the Grange and many of the latter in a union.

When you make numerous rants about billionaire owners riding on the backs of the poor players, it is about politics, because what you are ranting about is capitalism and saying there should not be a return on investment for owners that have invested hundreds of millions of dollars.
I can't be more clear that I can't stand EITHER entitled overpaid group, and have no sympathy for anyone but the many obscure players who fly all over the country trying to barely make a team, earn maybe a couple hundred thousand if not cut a month into their only season, and are usually forcibly "retired" by 25. If I must pick, I'll grudgingly take players mainly because of those who only briefly qualify as such and are paid accordingly, and because players actually put in all effort that generates every cent of the NFLs >$14,000,000,000 last year alone. I keep asking what owners do for their share of that apart from raking it in, and still await an(y) answer.

Give us all a break and take your owner bashing to a different thread. This is about press conference notes related to SD game.
Again: I didn't start owner bashing until you started player bashing, just as much out of left field. Sorry; I forgot that even JOKING use of the "s word" mandates a Trigger Warning to avoid offending Snowflake Exceptionalism. :rolleyes: But if you don't want discuss the "scumbags" YOU BROUGHT UP in the Chargers thread, let's stop.

Tned
09-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Again: I didn't start owner bashing until you started player bashing, just as much out of left field. Sorry; I forgot that even JOKING use of the "s word" mandates a Trigger Warning to avoid offending Snowflake Exceptionalism. :rolleyes: But if you don't want discuss the "scumbags" YOU BROUGHT UP in the Chargers thread, let's stop.

De Smith brought up his plans, I didn't pull them out of thin air.

Feel free to start a thread for your rants against rich owners that do nothing for getting rich off the backs of the impoverished players. I'm sure it will be a crowd pleaser.

Back to Chargers week.

:focus:

Joel
09-10-2017, 08:39 PM
De Smith brought up his plans, I didn't pull them out of thin air.
On which page of THIS THREAD did he post that? Have a link?

Feel free to start a thread for your rants against rich owners that do nothing for getting rich off the backs of the impoverished players. I'm sure it will be a crowd pleaser.
They don't get rich off impoverished players: They get richer off rich but slightly LESS rich players. No one, including the NFLPA, gives a dead rats rump about bubble players who turned pro last week and will be unemployed next week: They're just the NFLPAs perennial posterchild because no one outside NE* feels bad for Tom Brady.

Back to Chargers week.

:focus:
Good plan; I'm sorry you brought up this other stuff. ;)

Simple Jaded
09-10-2017, 09:08 PM

*Edit* McKenzie

McKenzie will be the PR, I assume. Carlos Henderson was just a KO guy in college, he would be that guy if he were healthy (and didn't drop 3 Ko's in one preseason game).

Valar Morghulis
09-11-2017, 04:13 AM
*were #TheEnglishCan'tSpeakEnglish :tongue:

#iamnotenglish

BigDaddyBronco
09-11-2017, 08:28 AM
What time are you getting out there tomorrow Davii?

He is thinking about 2 PM. We are not sure what time the lot opens, so AZSnake has it on surveillance.

Joel
09-11-2017, 09:06 AM
#iamnotenglish
#youalllookaliketome

Valar Morghulis
09-11-2017, 09:09 AM
#youalllookaliketome

#racist

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:35 AM
He is thinking about 2 PM. We are not sure what time the lot opens, so AZSnake has it on surveillance.

Same location as last year? Under the overpass?

Davii
09-11-2017, 09:37 AM

You got it man. Same spot.

BigDaddyBronco

Yes.

BroncoJoe

I think so. Do you still have my #? Davii is going to let me know if anything changes. Do you have his digits?

I probably won't be able to get there until 3:30 or so.

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:40 AM
I think so. Do you still have my #? Davii is going to let me know if anything changes. Do you have his digits?

I probably won't be able to get there until 3:30 or so.

Joe, I have yours and Davii's number. I'll probably get there around the same time depending on the train.

turftoad
09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
I'm jel. Wish I could be there with you guys!

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Joe, I have yours and Davii's number. I'll probably get there around the same time depending on the train.

I can't wait to have you ride the train.

:heh:

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:42 AM

Us too, buddy. I'm getting excited (and not just from imagining you there).

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:43 AM
I can't wait to have you ride the train.

:heh:

Dammit!!!!! You made me spit out my coffee. Dave is rubbing off on you.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Us too, buddy. I'm getting excited (and not just from imagining you there).

f'ing 8:20 is going to take FOREVER to get here!

BigDaddyBronco
09-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Next time NTL comes, we'll need you. LOL.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 09:45 AM

I'm not sure who was more drunk. NTL or Turf...

Good times. Except for NTL, obviously.

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:45 AM

Yes, just in case he doesn't hurt himself badly enough during his inevitable fall.

BigDaddyBronco
09-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Yes, just in case he doesn't hurt himself badly enough during his inevitable fall.

Did you see that I got your veggie burgers?

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Did you see that I got your veggie burgers?

No! Thank you! I was gonna pick some up. Ok, I'll just bring the scotch and cups.

BigDaddyBronco
09-11-2017, 09:49 AM
No! Thank you! I was gonna pick some up. Ok, I'll just bring the scotch and cups.

I wanted to make sure you didn't buy anymore and then I would have to eat one. Or just make Joe eat them....

spikerman
09-11-2017, 09:50 AM
I wanted to make sure you didn't buy anymore and then I would have to eat one. Or just make Joe eat them....

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaaha. You guys have to try one.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 09:52 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!

Actually, I've had a black bean veggie burger. It was actually pretty tasty!

BDB, you should respect your elders!

Joel
09-11-2017, 09:55 AM
#racist
Hush, or I'll tell my in-laws to invade again. Well, no, not INVADE; that implies occupation: Loot, burn and pillage, laughing all the way back to the longboats home. ;) Though the Telegraph cites an Icelandic scholar (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/6212823/Vikings-were-warned-to-avoid-Scotland.html) who in turn cites medieval Viking records warning that anyone trying to raid Scotland was more likely to GET pillaged. Also, apparently the weather is bad—by Medieval Viking standards! :eek:

Davii
09-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Hush, or I'll tell my in-laws to invade again. Well, no, not INVADE; that implies occupation: Loot, burn and pillage, laughing all the way back to the longboats home. ;) Though the Telegraph cites an Icelandic scholar (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/6212823/Vikings-were-warned-to-avoid-Scotland.html) who in turn cites medieval Viking records warning that anyone trying to raid Scotland was more likely to GET pillaged. Also, apparently the weather is bad—by Medieval Viking standards! :eek:

What. The. ****. #GoBroncos

Davii
09-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!

Actually, I've had a black bean veggie burger. It was actually pretty tasty!

BDB, you should respect your elders!

11hrs. 8min.

Will Phyliss Rivers cry? Will Siemian show off his cannon? Will Charles score a rushing TD on an 80 yard pass? Will BDB wear the Rasta lion shirt? Will Joe drink Scotch?

All this and MORE will be answered tonight!

turftoad
09-11-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure who was more drunk. NTL or Turf...

Good times. Except for NTL, obviously.

Yep. BDB just had to break out the Crown! It's his fault.

spikerman
09-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Even though it's outdated I'll have to sport the good luck Peyton Manning mask.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 10:25 AM
11hrs. 8min.

Will Phyliss Rivers cry? Will Siemian show off his cannon? Will Charles score a rushing TD on an 80 yard pass? Will BDB wear the Rasta lion shirt? Will Joe drink Scotch?

Define "drink".

dogfish
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaaha. You guys have to try one.

spike, can you guys get beyond burgers down in tex-ass?

LawDog
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Dammit!!!!! You made me spit out my coffee. Dave is rubbing off on you.

I had to read this twice...

BroncoJoe
09-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Oh man...

spikerman
09-11-2017, 10:45 AM
spike, can you guys get beyond burgers down in tex-ass?

We can.. good stuff. Morningstar vegetarian corn dogs are da bomb though.

spikerman
09-11-2017, 10:45 AM

There is a method to my madness.

BigDaddyBronco
09-11-2017, 10:46 AM
11hrs. 8min.

Now it is a challenge!

dogfish
09-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Now it is a challenge!

do it!

it is the season opener, after all. . .