PDA

View Full Version : Sloter Watch: Thursday Gameday Predictions

WARHORSE
08-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Gunslinger #1

Well Sloter seems to be polarizing some of Broncos country. There's some armchair talent evaluations going on and the mud is slinging all over the orange websites.

What say you?

What will we see thursday night against Arizona???

I say the young man is gonna light it up.

No fewer than four scoring drives......touchdowns....not field goals.

Lets go Gunslinger #1

dogfish
08-29-2017, 10:27 PM
QB rating over 1,000. . . 6 TDs, 500 passing yards, 100 rushing yards. . . wooooo!!!!

:defense:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2017, 10:31 PM
QB rating over 1,000. . . 6 TDs, 500 passing yards, 100 rushing yards. . . wooooo!!!!

And then cut on Saturday! :rofl:

Hawgdriver
08-29-2017, 11:33 PM
This preseason has been a treat. Unusually compelling games for games that don't count toward making the playoffs.

He should be solid against the back end of the Cardinal's roster.

Timmy!
08-30-2017, 04:38 AM
6z8k yards. Yes, with a z. $+_tds.

Cugel
08-30-2017, 09:49 AM
I wonder if they will so load him up with fear "look kid! We weren't planning on relying on you so soon. But, Paxton got hurt so we have to go with you as our backup. Just don't turn the ball over! Don't turn the ball over!" And he's walking up to the line hearing that mantra in his head: "Just be safe with the ball! Don't turn the ball over! Give the defense a chance! A punt isn't the worst thing. Don't make any mistakes."

"Don't do this and don't do that, make sure you absolutely DON'T do that! Oh, and go out there and make some plays."

That just doesn't work. You can either play without fear, in which case he might throw a pick, or do something wrong, but you will also possibly make great plays. OR you can play NOT to lose.

Which leads to "well, Sloter is not so good as we thought." No, he's not. AFTER you loaded him down with a bunch of crap so that he was afraid to take a step for fear of making a mistake.

Coaches tend to do that with rookies because their chief fear is that the player will do something stupid that will endanger their coaching career. Fox was notorious for refusing to play rookies. "Rookies get you beat" he'd say.

Well, not trusting your players leads to them not playing with the feeling of trust and abandon necessary to play at the highest level.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-30-2017, 11:45 AM
I wonder if they will so load him up with fear "look kid! We weren't planning on relying on you so soon. But, Paxton got hurt so we have to go with you as our backup. Just don't turn the ball over! Don't turn the ball over!" And he's walking up to the line hearing that mantra in his head: "Just be safe with the ball! Don't turn the ball over! Give the defense a chance! A punt isn't the worst thing. Don't make any mistakes."

"Don't do this and don't do that, make sure you absolutely DON'T do that! Oh, and go out there and make some plays."

That just doesn't work. You can either play without fear, in which case he might throw a pick, or do something wrong, but you will also possibly make great plays. OR you can play NOT to lose.

Which leads to "well, Sloter is not so good as we thought." No, he's not. AFTER you loaded him down with a bunch of crap so that he was afraid to take a step for fear of making a mistake.

Coaches tend to do that with rookies because their chief fear is that the player will do something stupid that will endanger their coaching career. Fox was notorious for refusing to play rookies. "Rookies get you beat" he'd say.

Well, not trusting your players leads to them not playing with the feeling of trust and abandon necessary to play at the highest level.

I don't think that would be a big concern in a preseason game. I would think they'd want to see him, and others try to make plays

Hawgdriver
08-30-2017, 11:49 AM
6z8k yards. Yes, with a z. $+_tds.

Welcome to the funhouse, Timmy!!! We have prepared you this fine beverage, grape flavor!!!

WARHORSE
08-30-2017, 01:14 PM
4 touchdown drives.

WARHORSE
08-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Maybe a tipped INT......but otherwise clean.

Joel
08-30-2017, 02:33 PM
I took "QB rating" to mean "NFL Passer Rating" because ESPNs secret sauce might as well be an RNG (for all anyone outside ESPN knows, that's "precisely" what it is.)

Joel
08-30-2017, 02:36 PM

From what we've read of his sad tale, Sloter doesn't seem the kind to fall into that trap: He never would've made this far if he were. Now, the guy he's subbing for.... ;)

Davii
08-30-2017, 03:08 PM
He will Sloter the competition and force the front office to keep him on the 53.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-30-2017, 03:37 PM
70% 2 TD's 1 INT 30 yards rushing

dogfish
08-30-2017, 04:32 PM
#SloterManiaStartsHere

WARHORSE
08-30-2017, 05:31 PM
#SloterManiaStartsHere

Haha. Gunslinger #1 may not be ready to lead an offense for a season in the NFL yet, speaking purely from an experience standpoint...but I dang sure know the kid has the moxy, the gun and the leadership. He needs reps....and he'll get some thursday. Anything to promote the cause!

The Glue Factory
08-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. He's gonna be on a PS somewhere.

Unless VJ was blowing smoke to reduce interest in him.

Tned
08-30-2017, 05:48 PM
He will Sloter the competition and force the front office to keep him on the 53.

Do they follow PFF?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/902965906501926913

Joel
08-30-2017, 09:58 PM
Wow, comparing a couple Pro Bowlers to a couple 3rd stringers; guess I was all wrong about not taking PFF seriously: They don't even take themselves seriously. ;)

WARHORSE
08-31-2017, 11:38 PM
Ahem.

QB rating 111

He told me he did that on purpose cause he's Gunslinger #1.

Two touchdown drives. Five scoring drives.

Rookie mistakes galore.....BUT.....the man is on a mission.

A BRONCOS MISSSSSION.

S is for Sloter by the way.

;)

dogfish
08-31-2017, 11:44 PM
#SargeantSloter

seriously. . . anybody convince me that we aren't making a big mistake if we expose this kid to waivers so we can have that metrosexual pirate scrub as our backup. . .

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2017, 06:18 AM
The throw he made of that waggle was as good as I have seen.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-01-2017, 08:12 AM
70% 2 TD's 1 INT 30 yards rushing

I should have predicted his passing yards. I was close with the %.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Maybe a tipped INT......but otherwise clean.

:shocked:

Ya know, they used to burn people like you at the stake?

Krugan
09-01-2017, 10:31 AM
So with a tempered enthusiasm, I think the kid has something to him.

Good arm, decent command of the offense, raw skills.

So about the same as the #1 and the #2 here. Not such a terrible place for this team to be, 3 decent prospects, which is better then many.

WARHORSE
09-01-2017, 11:15 AM
:shocked:

Ya know, they used to burn people like you at the stake?

Gunslinger #1

:coffee::coffee:

BeefStew25
09-01-2017, 11:19 AM
I wonder what he had for breakfast.

Joel
09-01-2017, 11:25 AM
I wonder what he had for breakfast.
Lynchs career.

underrated29
09-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Lynchs career.

:lol::lol::lol:

dogfish
09-01-2017, 11:36 AM
R.I.P. paxton. . . you know you're done when joel is dropping the mic on you. . .

king, get in here and hashtag this shit, i gotta go to work. . . :lol:

topscribe
09-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Lynchs career.
A two-word post is rare for you, but it's the best one-liner I've seen in some time.

However, I'm not ready yet to put Paxton away. I want to see more development from him . . .

Joel
09-01-2017, 12:16 PM
A two-word post is rare for you, but it's the best one-liner I've seen in some time.

However, I'm not ready yet to put Paxton away. I want to see more development from him . . .
Don't we all? I don't really want Elway to throw in the towel on his career, but maybe some kind of sophomore redshirt season is in order. Because even if he eventually gets there, it seems pretty clear he's not going to suddenly flip the switch any time soon, and Opening Day is less than a week from now: Training Camp's over, we've chosen our starter (even if only by default) and it's time to start trying to win games that count, which we can't do with an injured QB who's still not ready anyway.

The injury really puts him in a bad spot, because there's almost no choice but to "wait til next year" and if he STILL doesn't show anything more then, and early on Siemian and Kelly will still be there, and probably (hopefully) Sloter as well. Lynch will have to show big improvement early or there just won't be any excuse for keeping the 3rd or 4th best QB despite two full seasons of failing to progress. I said for a while we should trade Latimer while he still had SOME contract years and SOME uncertainty left to bring some value; now it looks like we'll just cut our losses on a 2nd round pick, and may do the same with a 1st in 2019.

Either way, there's currently a big gap between our two best QBs and Lynch, so if we're only keeping two it's obvious which two those should be: We can say, "win from now on," all we like, but that still starts with "win now." I'd rather keep all three on the full 53 even if it means some irretrievable disaster like having to cut Todd Davis or Corey Nelson, but if Joseph and Elway have their hearts set on carrying only three QBs, Sloter's going to win someone else a lot of games if they try to PS him.

That fill the USRDA of words? :tongue:

Cugel
09-02-2017, 01:12 AM
#SargeantSloter

seriously. . . anybody convince me that we aren't making a big mistake if we expose this kid to waivers so we can have that metrosexual pirate scrub as our backup. . .

Hey now! Don't you criticize our Paxton!

Cugel
09-02-2017, 01:16 AM
I don't see how the Broncos can possibly lose Sloter at this point. They have to have him as their backup while Paxton's hurt. That will be the first four games at least. And given the severity of the injury to his throwing shoulder, I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the entire season on IR. Trevor played last year with a broken shoulder, but that was his LEFT shoulder. Big difference.

dogfish
09-02-2017, 02:01 AM

too late, top. . . joel kilt that boy. . .

#HeDead

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2017, 07:50 AM
The throw he made of that waggle was as good as I have seen.

Best throw of the night. The thing is, it's no fluke. He made another just like it in a previous preseason game that got called back on a penalty.

Poet
09-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Lynchs career.

#shortpost
#style
#styledon
#lynchgone
#KO
#thatboydead
#callhismama
#sloterhouse
#getslotered
#bigarm
#accuracy
#piratekiller
#johnnydeppmadrightnow
#firstroundistheworstround
#smallschoolbigarm
#betterdeliverythanpapajohn's
#ohlawd

Freyaka
09-02-2017, 08:25 AM
So Sloter made the 53 per albright.

Northman
09-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Damn, i was hoping for an epic meltdown.....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Damn, i was hoping for an epic meltdown.....

You cold hearted $&@-! :lol:

Joel
09-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Best throw of the night. The thing is, it's no fluke. He made another just like it in a previous preseason game that got called back on a penalty.
At least a couple more last year, too. Not that the cross-body throw is the first thing I look for in a QB, but it's certainly a nice bonus.

Tned
09-02-2017, 10:21 AM
R.I.P. paxton. . . you know you're done when joel is dropping the mic on you. . .

king, get in here and hashtag this shit, i gotta go to work. . . :lol:

Really know you are dead when Lammey is. I was listening to him and Dmac and I'm pretty sure that Lynch's biggest cheerleader surely broke a leg or tore an ACL jumping off the bandwagon. Pretty sure Lammy even used the word bust, but if he didn't, he insinuated and talked about how he was totally lost out there during the SF game before being hurt. Had no business being on the field or something like that.

They were talking up Sloter big time.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2017, 10:54 PM
This just in; Cecil Lammey is down on Paxton Lynch, keep this in mind on Fantasy Football draft night.

#PlanAccordingly

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Cecil Lammey is great to have around. It's like having hot takes on a message board coming from a teenager, yet it's in the media.

#keephopealive