PDA

View Full Version : Totally Unbelievable - Mr. B snubbed again

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Bowlen snubbed again for Hall of Fame as Bobby Beathard gets lone finalist spot. My story. @DenverChannel

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen snubbed by veterans committee

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-owner-pat-bowlen-snubbed-by-veterans-committee

Hawgdriver
08-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Apparently Casserly was a consultant in the final selection. Seems like terrible due process to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 18m

Incredulous Charley Casserly in voting room. He was ASSISTANT to Beathard! Sorry, Charley, but major, major conflict of interest. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 22m

Classic case of HOF group getting too clever. Beathard was nowhere near as worthy as Pat Bowlen. Outsmarted themselves again. #9sports

LawDog
08-25-2017, 01:26 PM
It's believable all right. Doesn't make it any better though.

BroncoJoe
08-25-2017, 01:27 PM
This is really unbelievable.

Buff
08-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Related: sitting in the same seats for the Cowboys game this year that I sat in 2 years ago for the Patriots game where Bob Kraft was like 10 feet away from me. Hoping to do some Jerry Jones heckling if he has the same owners box.

As for Bowlen getting snubbed again - east coast bias is real.

Tned
08-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Apparently Casserly was a consultant in the final selection. Seems like terrible due process to me.

Yes, they have two "consultants" to help the voters make a decision and they had Casserly who is now crowing on Twitter about helping get Beathard nominated. I took a screen shot in case the idiot wises up and deletes his Tweet celebrating his help in getting Beathard in.

BroncoJoe
08-25-2017, 01:38 PM
I mean, Bobby Bethard before Mr. B?

I'm just amazed. Dumbfounded, really.

slim
08-25-2017, 01:39 PM
They wanted someone that has no chance of making it, IMO.

tubby
08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Gaa

slim
08-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Someone pull up a Dutch translator

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-25-2017, 02:03 PM
This makes my blood boil. Absolutely ridiculous. Mr B is as (if not more) deserving as anyone currently in the Hall and for him not to be selected is an unforgivable slap in the face.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2017, 02:04 PM
If all it took was Casserly sitting there bragging on Bethard, that tells me that none of them voting even BOTHERED to research and find out everything Mr. B accomplished for the NFL.

BeefStew25
08-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Someone pull up a Dutch translator

Gay as aids

slim
08-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Gay as aids

Oh...I agree with that statement.

BeefStew25
08-25-2017, 02:29 PM
The good thing is Bowlen doesn't know he was snubbed.

Nomad
08-25-2017, 02:33 PM
I mean, Bobby Bethard before Mr. B?

I'm just amazed. Dumbfounded, really.

I never heard of Bobby Bethard.

chazoe60
08-25-2017, 02:34 PM
**** the HOF.

BroncoJoe
08-25-2017, 02:35 PM

I can't decide if this is salute worthy or not....

BroncoWave
08-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Related: sitting in the same seats for the Cowboys game this year that I sat in 2 years ago for the Patriots game where Bob Kraft was like 10 feet away from me. Hoping to do some Jerry Jones heckling if he has the same owners box.

As for Bowlen getting snubbed again - east coast bias is real.

You criticizing bias against certain parts of the country is incredibly hilarious. :lol:

Buff
08-25-2017, 02:39 PM
You criticizing bias against certain parts of the country is incredibly hilarious. :lol:

I had no problems with Nevada, you should have stayed there.

BroncoWave
08-25-2017, 02:40 PM
I had no problems with Nevada, you should have stayed there.

I would have liked to have stayed in Nevada, but my choice in that matter was pretty much zero. :lol:

BroncoJoe
08-25-2017, 02:42 PM
I would have liked to have stayed in Nevada, but my choice in that matter was pretty much zero. :lol:

Welcome to married life.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2017, 02:44 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Eventually, Pat Bowlen's wait will end. At some point in the near future, perhaps as soon as 2019, the Broncos' owner for the last 33 years should take his place with the legends of the game.

But the wait will not end next year.

Bowlen was not chosen as the Contributors Committee nominee for the 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame class. The committee instead opted to nominate former Washington and San Diego general manager Bobby Beathard, whose candidacy will be considered at the meeting of the full Selection Committee next Feb. 3 in Minneapolis, one day before Super Bowl LII.

The Contributors Committee bypassed Bowlen for this year despite the fact that his contributions to the league were legion, as he helped lift the entire NFL to new heights of prominence and prosperity, particularly in his roles on the NFL Finance Committee, the NFL Business Ventures Committee and his work as chairman of the NFL Broadcasting Committee.

In that role he handled negotiations on an $18 billion contract and helped lay the groundwork for making "Sunday Night Football" the primary prime-time game each week; as a result, SNF has been the highest-rated program on television for six consecutive seasons.

But as Bowlen said on March 23, 1984 -- the day he met the media for the first time as Broncos owner -- "Winning is more important than making money."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Pat-Bowlen-not-selected-by-Contributors-Committee-as-nominee-for-2018-Hall-of-Fame-class/d051c5ba-90d7-421d-a572-a6a99ceaf4f9

BroncoJoe
08-25-2017, 02:50 PM
I wish I could find the article I read the other day comparing Mr. B to the other nominees.

Freyaka
08-25-2017, 02:56 PM

That's the most BeefStew25 thing you've ever said.

Poor Mr B.

slim
08-25-2017, 03:00 PM
I don't think he would care, to be honest.

He's the kind of guy that would shrug his shoulders, call Bobby to congratulate him and then go run a ******* marathon!

BeefStew25
08-25-2017, 03:08 PM
I don't think he would care, to be honest.

He's the kind of guy that would shrug his shoulders, call Bobby to congratulate him and then go run a ******* marathon!

This. He'd be in his fur coat and ray bans. Maybe some blow and a babe. No sweat.

BeefStew25
08-25-2017, 03:13 PM
That's the most BeefStew25 thing you've ever said.

Poor Mr B.

He doesn't want your pity. He's led an amazing life.

broncofaninfla
08-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Not one argument can be made for Beathard to be in before Bowlen. This is beyond sickening. The process is corrupt which gives the HOF no credibility. I was planning on going next summer but no more, the HOF won't get a dime of my money.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-25-2017, 03:51 PM
Not one argument can be made for Beathard to be in before Bowlen. This is beyond sickening. The process is corrupt which gives the HOF no credibility. I was planning on going next summer but no more, the HOF won't get a dime of my money.

#boycottnflhof

VonDoom
08-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Ridiculous. It's like TD all over again - he gets "close" every year until he's way overdue

Freyaka
08-25-2017, 07:55 PM
In other news, Mike Silver's a giant pile of trash.

dogfish
08-25-2017, 09:12 PM
so effin' ridiculous. . . HOF is still a joke. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-25-2017, 09:18 PM
so effin' ridiculous. . . HOF is still a joke. . .

No credibility

Simple Jaded
08-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I been wondering if the voters (and maybe the Broncos themselves) think it might be better to wait to put Bowlen in the HoF. Given the health of Bowlen.

I mean, how would that even work?

I'd have to be like a posthumous presentation for a man that's not dead.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-25-2017, 10:17 PM
I been wondering if the voters (and maybe the Broncos themselves) think it might be better to wait to put Bowlen in the HoF. Given the health of Bowlen.

I mean, how would that even work?

I'd have to be like a posthumous presentation for a man that's not dead.

That's a really good point

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Some are speculating that since an owner went in last year, the thought was that it would be better a GM went in this year.

Simple Jaded
08-25-2017, 10:26 PM
That's a really good point

And the last thing I wanna do is give voters the benefit of the doubt, **** them!

Northman
08-26-2017, 07:01 AM
Asinine.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2017, 09:56 AM
After we wrote about questions being raised of a conflict of interest in the process that resulted in Bobby Beathard becoming the contributor candidate for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, we heard from a few people around the league who raised more issues with Beathard’s selection.

As we noted, Charley Casserly was an adviser to the committee that chose Beathard for nomination — and Casserly is also a longtime friend and former colleague of Beathard’s. But there was also another adviser to the committee. That adviser was John Madden, the Hall of Fame coach and longtime broadcaster. Madden was Beathard’s roommate and teammate at Cal Poly in the 1950s.

So there were two advisers to the committee that nominated Beathard, and both of those advisers have long and close ties to Beathard. The committee chose Beathard over other candidates such as Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, former Giants general manager George Young and former Cowboys player personnel director Gil Brandt.

Casserly released a video in which he said he was pleased to see Beathard nominated.

“There were a number of qualified candidates,” Casserly said. “More than one, to say the least. I’m very happy for Bobby Beathard and his family. He did a great job with us with the Redskins during his history there and certainly deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Congratulations, Bobby.”

Responding to the conflict of interests claims, Casserly emphasized twice on Twitter that he did not have a vote, only the ability to advise the committee.

“I was one of 2 Consultants to the process of selecting a Contributer [sic] to the HOF. I did not have a vote & did recommend multiple candidates,” Casserly wrote.

All of this is separate from the question of whether Beathard deserves to be a Hall of Famer. That question will be answered by the full Hall of Fame selection committee on the day before the Super Bowl. But it’s easy to see why some — especially supporters of Bowlen, Young and Brandt — think this process was flawed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/26/more-talk-that-bobby-beathard-nomination-process-was-flawed/

Poet
08-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Casserly is a piece of trash and I demand trial by combat!