PDA

View Full Version : Who from Broncos Forums was on AM 760?

GEM
08-22-2017, 09:45 PM
Just went to pick up my daughter from work, listening to a replay of the Polumbus morning show. Heard him say, "Pull up that stuff from the Broncos Forums guy." That was the last I heard. Apparently it was a comparison of Siemian in first year vs. other qb's in the league's first years. I'm guessing T. Who was it?

Tned
08-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Just went to pick up my daughter from work, listening to a replay of the Polumbus morning show. Heard him say, "Pull up that stuff from the Broncos Forums guy." That was the last I heard. Apparently it was a comparison of Siemian in first year vs. other qb's in the league's first years. I'm guessing T. Who was it?

Yep, it was me.

They were trying to get me on to discuss the stats I put together on Siemian's first year vs all the other first year QBs in last 10 years, plus the comparison to Brady's first year starting.

Tyler and Andy wanted to get me on to talk about it, but I was slammed with work and we couldn't get it sorted out, as I was on calls pretty much from 6:30 to 2:00 with only a couple short breaks. Tyler said he was going to go through the stats on his own, he was fired up about them, but I'm not sure if they ever did, as I've listened to part of the replay but not all.

I had sent them, along with Rice and Mason, links to it, since all four of them were talking yesterday about how they felt fans didn't understand/appreciate what Siemian did last year and were riled up by the "ceiling" comments fans make about Siemian.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2017, 10:03 PM
You should have Joel formulate a new QB Rating, T.

GEM
08-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Yep, it was me.

They were trying to get me on to discuss the stats I put together on Siemian's first year vs all the other first year QBs in last 10 years, plus the comparison to Brady's first year starting.

Tyler and Andy wanted to get me on to talk about it, but I was slammed with work and we couldn't get it sorted out, as I was on calls pretty much from 6:30 to 2:00 with only a couple short breaks. Tyler said he was going to go through the stats on his own, he was fired up about them, but I'm not sure if they ever did, as I've listened to part of the replay but not all.

I had sent them, along with Rice and Mason, links to it, since all four of them were talking yesterday about how they felt fans didn't understand/appreciate what Siemian did last year and were riled up by the "ceiling" comments fans make about Siemian.

Yea, he sounded stoked about it. I like Polumbus. He's a good talker. Not condescending, straight shooter.

ShaneFalco
08-22-2017, 10:09 PM
tned. You are my hero.

Can i have your autograph now that you are a celeb?

Tned
08-22-2017, 10:16 PM
tned. You are my hero.

Can i have your autograph now that you are a celeb?

Now that you've ditched "he who shall not be named" for Kelly, sure.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Tyler Polumbus‏Verified account @Tyler_Polumbus 15h

Tyler Polumbus Retweeted BroncosForums

Ohh man, you done did it. Compared him to a GOAT.....haha and again, great stuff. Will use your stats on air today @OrangeBlue760

BroncosForums‏ @BroncosForums

Comparing Siemian & Brady's 1st years? Both 1st yr starting in 2nd season. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2645071#post2645071 … @MRiceKOA @AndyKOASports @Tyler_Polumbus

aberdien
08-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Tned should have sent Joel in as his on-air replacement.

Valar Morghulis
08-22-2017, 11:12 PM
That's really cool

Tned
08-23-2017, 07:50 AM
As an aside, I really like 760. Last year I wound up listening to them more than anything (I think even going back to the year before, SB run), and really liked the afternoon/early evening show with Andy, Ed and Romi. Now that it's partnered up with the Broncos, and you've got Tyler, Steve Atwater to go with guys like Andy, Mike Rice and Brandon Krisztal and still some Romi sprinkled in.

I wish I could listen all day, but unfortunately just get to catch them here and there, and sometimes the end of Rice/Mason and then Andy/Tyler replay in the evening.

While these guys can get worked up, I think overall it's more balanced views without some of the normal, "lets rile our listeners up by being controversial" shock jock crap that we hear on some other stations.

Hawgdriver
08-23-2017, 09:40 AM
It's become my favorite.

Tned
08-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Just wish I could listen more.

Freyaka
08-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Had to be Tned, that was his post. Nice Tned, your a famous celeb now.

https://media.tenor.com/images/6a207337ff44e92f8dd167f2d99bca6b/tenor.gif

NightTrainLayne
08-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Yep, it was me.

Yesterday morning I had it on, and they said something about talking to the "Broncos Forum guy" after the next commercial break. During the commercial break, I got tied up on the phone and missed it all.

I presumed it had to be you, but then missed all their discussion. I thought they'd had you on and missed you.

dogfish
08-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Yea, he sounded stoked about it. I like Polumbus. He's a good talker. Not condescending, straight shooter.

he and ryan harris are the best of the local guys-- guess i'm gonna have to tune in. . .

pretty cool, T. . .

dogfish
08-23-2017, 11:14 AM

no-- we want people to like us. . .

underrated29
08-23-2017, 11:31 AM

Poor Joel. Everyone bags on him so much.
I like him. He isn't half wrong on a lot of the stuff he says too. He just get that hyperbole going and takes it to the extremes. I think more for show than because he actually believes it.

The Glue Factory
08-23-2017, 04:42 PM
I like him. He isn't half wrong on a lot of the stuff he says too. He just get that hyperbole going and takes it to the extremes. I think more for show than because he actually believes it.

True. Seems like he takes it in stride though. I think he is somewhat meticulous when he responds rather than being hyperbolic, though.

topscribe
08-23-2017, 06:07 PM
lol - Joel would still be talking . . .

topscribe
08-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I like him, too . . . but I bag on people I like . . . :D

Northman
08-23-2017, 06:15 PM

I dont think its for show, i just think he is eccentric. Not that its a bad thing though.

underrated29
08-23-2017, 07:02 PM
I like him, too . . . but I bag on people I like . . . :D

Of course. I give him a hard time any chance I get too

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2017, 12:05 PM
Good grief. Tned is now a de facto 3rd member of the morning crew. They're responding to every @broncosforums tweet!

Tned
08-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Good grief. Tned is now a de facto 3rd member of the morning crew. They're responding to every @broncosforums tweet!

They are working on getting me some equipment installed so that I can be mic'd up and be an official member...

Tned
08-24-2017, 12:13 PM
P.S. At least people outside of BF appreciate my insightful takes... ;)

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2017, 12:20 PM

"A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-24-2017, 12:38 PM
They are working on getting me some equipment installed so that I can be mic'd up and be an official member...

They've only seen you dressed up with your makeup on.

Freyaka
08-24-2017, 12:45 PM

That's just because the novelty hasn't worn off yet, give it time T.

Tned
08-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Always know I can count on love in my own house. Not!!

Simple Jaded
08-24-2017, 09:09 PM

We do?

slim
08-24-2017, 09:12 PM
We do?

Right?

**** people! We are who we are.

Simple Jaded
08-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Right?