PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 08/10/17

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
08-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Anyone more excited for the 4 preseason games this season than any other season?

Go Broncos!

http://i.imgur.com/7heeXiD.jpg

GEM
08-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Oh yea! First game sticky of the year! :rockon: Oh, how i love football season!

ShaneFalco
08-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Siemian rubs his balls on the bears forhead

Northman
08-10-2017, 05:21 AM
Nah, not that much more excited than usual. Its just a preseason game. lol

Poet
08-10-2017, 08:06 AM

We have a QB competition, god dammit!

Tned
08-10-2017, 08:24 AM
We have a QB competition, god dammit!

Based on what I've read, it's not much of a competition... ;)

BroncoJoe
08-10-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm excited! Preseason or not, it'll be good to see they guys out there again. Lots to look for, but will be hard to assess against the woeful Bears.

Davii
08-10-2017, 08:39 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this offense, particularly the QB, OL, and run game against a defense that isn't ours. I hope they break out and look really good. Hopefully it's obvious that our D is what's making them not look all that great. We shall see, I hoped the same thing last year...

Either way, preseason or not, GO BRONCOS!

MasterShake
08-10-2017, 08:44 AM
I can remember the times when I watched the preseason with more interest in the past 10 years:

After losing Cutler I wanted to see how Neckbeard would play
Seeing how Tebow looked since I never really saw him play in college
Seeing if Manning's neck was going to fall off or not

I am looking forward to the preseason this year to see Siemian and Lynch go at it. I don't have my hat in either ring so it makes it easier, I just want the best guy out there.

EDIT: Also our O-Line sounds to be VASTLY improved. Really hoping that is true!

Poet
08-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Got my jersey and my beloved hat set aside, moving day be damned.

Ziggy
08-10-2017, 09:11 AM
I can't wait! There's a ton of young talent to watch tonight. I want to see how Demarcus Walker looks at OLB. McKenzie is going to put the special back into special teams. Brendon Langley will show why he's already surpasses Doss on the depth chart. Bolles gets his first taste of NFL line play. As a matter of fact, I love this draft class overall. When I look at DeAngelo Henderson, I see a special back. I hope he shows it tonght. Carlos Henderson has been turning it on since the pads went on.

I want to see if McCoy uses the spread offense as much as he was in camp. I want to see how Jamaal Charles looks at full speed. I want to see the new and improved Adam Gotsis. My money is on him being a starter by the end of preseason. Ward is out tonight, so we get to see Simmons in a starting role. I want to see how much McCoy uses the fullback to start the game. There's a lot of good story lines tonight.....can't wait to watch them all!

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 09:15 AM

Honestly this is probably the least excited I've ever been for a preseason. I didn't even realize we had a game this week until like 2 days ago. I'm pretty pessimistic on how good this team will be this year but I would love to be proven wrong. Regardless, it will be nice to see the guys out on the field again, just hope for no injuries.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 09:29 AM
I wonder how long these guys are actually going to play?

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 09:37 AM

I'm far more excited than normal. This isn't just a preseason game. We've got a whole lot of questions that will have light shed on them tonight. Hopefully we'll have a better clue tonight which QB has the edge and what our offense might really look like when not facing the No Fly Zone.

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Usually not longer than a quarter in the first preseason game. Maybe slightly more if they want to get both QBs a few series with the 1s.

slim
08-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Honestly this is probably the least excited I've ever been for a preseason. I didn't even realize we had a game this week until like 2 days ago. I'm pretty pessimistic on how good this team will be this year but I would love to be proven wrong. Regardless, it will be nice to see the guys out on the field again, just hope for no injuries.

I thought we already talked about this!! DFD!!!

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I thought we already talked about this!! DFD!!!

You can't control me!!!

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 10:05 AM
You can't control me!!!

https://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/IV8wIw.jpg

MOtorboat
08-10-2017, 10:07 AM
Happy Gameday Broncos fans.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Happy Gameday Broncos fans.

I'm just sad I'm going to have to wait to watch it. The joys of being a youth pastor...Can't take youth group night off to watch a Broncos game...

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 11:13 AM
I can't wait! There's a ton of young talent to watch tonight. I want to see how Demarcus Walker looks at OLB. McKenzie is going to put the special back into special teams. Brendon Langley will show why he's already surpasses Doss on the depth chart. Bolles gets his first taste of NFL line play. As a matter of fact, I love this draft class overall. When I look at DeAngelo Henderson, I see a special back. I hope he shows it tonght. Carlos Henderson has been turning it on since the pads went on.

I want to see if McCoy uses the spread offense as much as he was in camp. I want to see how Jamaal Charles looks at full speed. I want to see the new and improved Adam Gotsis. My money is on him being a starter by the end of preseason. Ward is out tonight, so we get to see Simmons in a starting role. I want to see how much McCoy uses the fullback to start the game. There's a lot of good story lines tonight.....can't wait to watch them all!

Charles isn't playing tonight, but otherwise I agree with most everything you said here.

After following all the news for the last few weeks/months, I love that we get to see this team actually take the field. I want to see McKenzie in action, I want to see Bolles, I want to see the QB's (obviously), I want to see if another edge rusher steps up with Ray and Barrett out ... good times. Oh, and no injuries - the most important part of tonight.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Charles isn't playing tonight, but otherwise I agree with most everything you said here.

After following all the news for the last few weeks/months, I love that we get to see this team actually take the field. I want to see McKenzie in action, I want to see Bolles, I want to see the QB's (obviously), I want to see if another edge rusher steps up with Ray and Barrett out ... good times. Oh, and no injuries - the most important part of tonight.

There is a lot to be excited about. Finally seeing how the QB's perform, seeing if the o-line is actually improved. Can we run the ball now? Is special teams improved? Who will step up as a pass rusher opposite Von? Who will be our 3rd WR?

Lots to watch tonight. We won't get a lot of answers tonight, we'll get that by game 3 hopefully, but it will be fun watching it play out. And like you said, more importantly than any of it, no injuries please!

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 11:40 AM
It's nice to have Broncos playing football again.

I'm looking at all the same storylines as you guys, but another one that intrigues me: is Adam Shaheen (Bears 2d round TE draft pick) actually any good? Another one I didn't see mentioned--what does Sloter really look like? Is the hype real?

BigDaddyBronco
08-10-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm really hoping to see a much better OLine. Our offense will be much improved if that happens. :crossingmyfingers:

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 11:47 AM
It's nice to have Broncos playing football again.

I'm looking at all the same storylines as you guys, but another one that intrigues me: is Adam Shaheen (Bears 2d round TE draft pick) actually any good? Another one I didn't see mentioned--what does Sloter really look like? Is the hype real?

I'd say 50/50 He's probably solid, but he also isn't playing against the no fly zone, he's playing against the guys that probably won't be here come September (granted, that also means that he's got people that won't be here to work with on offense)

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
I'd say 50/50 He's probably solid, but he also isn't playing against the no fly zone, he's playing against the guys that probably won't be here come September (granted, that also means that he's got people that won't be here to work with on offense)

Sure it might be tough, but at least he has Glennon and Trubisky throwing him balls.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 11:54 AM
I'd like to get a look at Sloter too, but I'm thinking that by the time he gets into the game, he'll be mostly handing off to Juwan Thompson or Bernard Pierce, so we won't really get to see much.

Davii
08-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Usually not longer than a quarter in the first preseason game. Maybe slightly more if they want to get both QBs a few series with the 1s.

I read yesterday that VJ said neither QB would play more than a quarter and a half.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Sure it might be tough, but at least he has Glennon and Trubisky throwing him balls.

I was talking about slotter

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 12:07 PM
I was talking about slotter

You can talk about whatever, free country and all.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 12:17 PM

Lol...well I was just trying to clarify, because my response to you was in regards to wondering if sloter was the real deal, your response to that was talking about the Chicago TE having Trub and Glennon throwing him balls.

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Lol...well I was just trying to clarify, because my response to you was in regards to wondering if sloter was the real deal, your response to that was talking about the Chicago TE having Trub and Glennon throwing him balls.

He's just trolling you Frey, take a breather! :lol:

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Thanks for clarifying, I'm just messing with you.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Rotate series maybe. Our 3rd QB is going to get alot of playing time.

Davii
08-10-2017, 12:35 PM

This makes me think of something I say that ALWAYS gets a 5-star eye-roll out of my wife. When people ask me if I'm free on whatever day I sometimes reply, "I'm free everyday, this is America!" or some variation thereof.

Davii
08-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Rotate series maybe. Our 3rd QB is going to get alot of playing time.

According to VJ yesterday neither QB will play more than a quarter and a half, Siemian will start out and there will be some 1st stringers left in for Pax.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 12:37 PM
He's just trolling you Frey, take a breather! :lol:

Thanks for clarifying, I'm just messing with you.

I kinda partially caught that, thus the lol (because I got where he was going)

I just have this terrible habit of explaining myself when it isn't needed (kinda like I'm doing now lol)

Valar Morghulis
08-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Is Kevin white back tonight?

underrated29
08-10-2017, 12:51 PM
I want to see sloter. I am telling you he is going to be a fan favorite after pre-season. I want to see him run and pass.

I also want to see lil mack rip some punts back. Henderson run with the ball and watch Gotsis, walker and the OLBs.

I also want to see the OL and henderson.

MOst of all I want to see the offense that mccoy runs. I do not care if we score points or not. Go 3 and out or not. It is the offense I want to see. If I like the offense then I think we will do really really well this year. Liking the offense does not mean scoring points, nor does it mean scoring points. We could score a lot and Ill hate the offense or visa versa. Dont let me down Mccoy.

underrated29
08-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh and I want to watch Tarik Cohen for the bears. He is the guy I wanted us to draft, we got Mckenzie instead ( I like him a ton too)......Hopefully Cohen does not rip us a new one a bunch.

Crick is our biggest weakness on DL. I hate that he is starting. Need Gotsis to move him the hell out!

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I kinda partially caught that, thus the lol (because I got where he was going)

I just have this terrible habit of explaining myself when it isn't needed (kinda like I'm doing now lol)

You can clarify whatever, free country and all.

Tned
08-10-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this offense, particularly the QB, OL, and run game against a defense that isn't ours. I hope they break out and look really good. Hopefully it's obvious that our D is what's making them not look all that great. We shall see, I hoped the same thing last year...

Either way, preseason or not, GO BRONCOS!

I know we've talked, debated, argued, cried, threatened violence, etc. over the QBs, but I'm really anxious to see if there is significant improvement by the line. Run blocking, pass blocking. I'm also very curious about McCoy's play calling, but don't expect to get a real feel in preseason. But if that O-Line isn't significantly improved, I'm not sure how much of a leap the Broncos can make this year. If the line is improved, there is no reason that this team can't be a serious playoff contender.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 01:06 PM
You can clarify whatever, free country and all.

https://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/IV8wIw.jpg

FanInAZ
08-10-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm going to be at a new Broncos' fans hangout tonight that I found through meetup.com. However, its called "Old Chicago," so I'd think that its going to be a Bears' restaurant. However, the meetup organizer claim that its not. So far, 11 people have RSVPed, so we'll have each others backs in case things aren't what we've been led to believe :boxing:

olathebroncofan
08-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Havent been following this offseason. Will Chad Kelly play tonight or is he still healing from his injury?

Tned
08-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Havent been following this offseason. Will Chad Kelly play tonight or is he still healing from his injury?

No, he seems way behind the original schedule they laid out for his wrist. He's on the non football injury list and hasn't practiced this off season. He has apparently on his own been doing walk throughs after each practice of what the other QBs did earlier in the day.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m

Ominous cloud photo. Sixty percent chance of rain at kickoff.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 16m

Nor will T.J. Ward, Todd Davis, Matt Paradis or Jamaal Charles.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 16m

Von Miller will not play in Broncos preseason opener.

Northman
08-10-2017, 04:11 PM

Yea, i think a lot of my lack of excitement is the SB hangover still. I was this way for a couple of years after we won in the late 90's as well. I mean, dont get me wrong i will be happy when the regular season gets here but there isnt any added excitement for me right now. Im still high off of 2015. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 11m

All three Broncos QBs -- Siemian, Lynch, Sloter -- warming up now.

Rick
08-10-2017, 05:28 PM
First game is usually just a series but sounds like it will be a full quarter to a quarter and a half, for the QBs at least.

Timmy!
08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Really? I'm pretty hype for this preseason. QB battle. New coaches. New scheme. Etc. I mean, it's preseason, but the giant drought of no Bronco games is over. Go Broncos.

Tned
08-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Just tuned into 760 stream to hear some pregame and they are playing an interview with TD pre-HOF induction. What's the deal.

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Just tuned into 760 stream to hear some pregame and they are playing an interview with TD pre-HOF induction. What's the deal.

Switch to 850

Tned
08-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Switch to 850

I turned on 104.3, but struggling to stick with it. I guess since they are sister stations (760 and 850), they don't want to compete with themselves. I'll switch to KOA.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 19m

#Bears QB plan tonight: Mike Glennon for a couple series, Mark Sanchez, then Mitchell Trubisky's debut late 2nd/start of 3rd. @nflnetwork

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1h

Brandon McManus just nailed a 70-yard FG in warmups. He hit 73 earlier in camp.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1h

Von Miller working with Garett Bolles one-on-one at the 50-yard line.

MOtorboat
08-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Didn't even know the Bears had Sanchez.

slim
08-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Didn't even know the Bears had Sanchez.

Good job, sports editor

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Counting on you guys to keep me in the loop, I'm currently getting a battlefield memorial tattoo on my leg. GO BRONCOS!

slim
08-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Counting on you guys to keep me in the loop, I'm currently getting a battlefield memorial tattoo on my leg. GO BRONCOS!

So you aren't wearing pants?

topscribe
08-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Saw a pair at Wal-Mart with a stylish slit up the leg. Couldn't help himself. :wave:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Here-we-go!

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:08 PM

Shorts. I'm showing leg.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Oh baby! Defense in mid-season form

DenBronx
That's just awesome Harris. Atta boy!

sneakers
touch dong

BroncoWave
Stream?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Yeah boyee!!

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Stream?

Its on NFLN if you have it

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Stream?

NFL.com

:lol:

slim
Stream?

Dfd!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Man, Harris looks faster. He wasn't havin' no QB catch him this time!

Rick
08-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Ok I've seen enough.

Let's just start the season now. Forget the QB battle, let's just have the defense score for us...

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Well that didn't take long. Was Foxy clapping afterward?

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Stream?

Nevermind, didn't realize it was on NFLN. What did I miss? Pick 6?

Rick
08-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Man, Harris looks faster. He wasn't havin' no QB catch him this time!

only thing I didn't like was Simmons slowing up to celebrate.

I want him staying stride for stride to make sure Harris has a clear path to the end zone

Rick
08-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Harris pick 6.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Yes, Glennon got hit and threw into tight coverage. Harris exploded down the sideline

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 07:17 PM
O-line looks much improved lol.

Az Snake
08-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Well that didn't take long. Was Foxy clapping afterward?

Some folks wonder why our QBs are having a rough go at it in practice.
Iwo ?

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:19 PM
good running

AgentOrange
08-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Anyone have a stream? Stupid local station is supposed to be broadcasting so NFL channel has it blacked out. All I'm getting is a Big Bang Theory rerun

Rick
08-10-2017, 07:21 PM
I am a Lynch guy but nice seeing Siemian throwing it and letting his guy try and make a play.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Anyone have a stream? Stupid local station is supposed to be broadcasting so NFL channel has it blacked out. All I'm getting is a Big Bang Theory rerun

check your pm :^)

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Some folks wonder why our QBs are having a rough go at it in practice.
Iwo ?

The battlefield cross. Had the artist draw one up modeled from Jordan's ceremony in Afghanistan.

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
So. Many. Flags,

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
O-line still looks like trash

Tned
08-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Ok, it's only the first quarter of the first preseason game, but so far the O-line isn't looking much improved.

sneakers
that right side of the o line is picking off right where they left off last season

BroncoWave

Run blocking has been ok but yeah, TS with no time back there.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:28 PM
All those empty seats

You can tell even fans are starting to get sick of preseason.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:29 PM
All those empty seats

You can tell even fans are starting to get sick of preseason.

Or the Bears just suck

topscribe
only thing I didn't like was Simmons slowing up to celebrate.

I want him staying stride for stride to make sure Harris has a clear path to the end zone
Not sure he could have made much of a difference. Too far behind the play.

LawDog
Lynch on sideline just said, glad that ain't me out there...

Az Snake
08-10-2017, 07:30 PM
The battlefield cross. Had the artist draw one up modeled from Jordan's ceremony in Afghanistan.

BZ Davii.
RIP SSgt Jordan Emrick, USMC
Semper Fi Jordan !

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:30 PM
I don't think the Bears have a nasty pass rush do they?

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:32 PM

I think they upgraded it

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 07:32 PM

McPhee is pretty good but I don't know much about anyone else on their D.

Tned
08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Janovich just tackled Ridley.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Bears "first team" offense is sad

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:34 PM
The old three yard pass on third and four remains in our playbook

FanInAZ
08-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Well, at least our D is doing great :D

slim
08-10-2017, 07:36 PM
The old three yard pass on third and four remains in our playbook

It will as long as TS is the QB.

I Eat Staples
08-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Our 1st team defense vs their 1st team offense is unfair lol.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Who is hurt?

sneakers
he looks like he is a lot of pain

VonDoom
Who is hurt?

Billy Winn

topscribe
08-10-2017, 07:44 PM
It will as long as TS is the QB.
Is it the WR, the QB, or the pay call? Would be a good idea to find that out first . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Second team D in already

slim
Be well, Billy!

DenBronx
We dont have that many NT......ffffffuuuu

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Crap, he can't even move his leg

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:46 PM
lol jake BUTT

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 07:48 PM
lol jake BUTT

Siemian with the Booty call! TD Jake Butt! That will be an epic call someday

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Second team D in already

I think the first team played three series, which was the plan. They just happened to be very fast series

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
What happens if Lynch lights up the scoreboard?

Tned
08-10-2017, 07:52 PM
What happens if Lynch lights up the scoreboard?

Would put him one step closer to winning starting job.

Davii
08-10-2017, 07:53 PM
What was the second turnover?

Tned
08-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Bad snap, fumble.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 07:54 PM

snap over the head

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 07:55 PM
I was really wanting to see McKenzie return the ball. All reports are that he is a spark plug on special teams.

Tned
One more series for Siemian and with 2nd team offense.

MOtorboat

Awful, awful flashbacks.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Nice ref show

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Nice ref show

I know, they need to chill

sneakers
lol keeping your starting qb in with the 2nd o line

DenBronx
Sunshine!

Tned
08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
You're on the bubble, Taylor, can't give up a first down like that.

DenBronx

Might as well, these guys need all the reps they can get.

slim

Lol

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
You got to think Lynch will be in next.

topscribe
Watson with a matador block . . .

Tned
Sunshine!

Sunshine just brought a cloud by having a first down, and then deciding run back towards LOS to avoid a tackler. Not a smart move in general, but especially when you are on the bubble.

VonDoom

Thinking the same thing. Then I believe Stephenson was abused on the third down

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:03 PM

Ole!

slim

He's not the starting QB :listen:

topscribe
I meant Stephenson . . .

VonDoom
You got to think Lynch will be in next.

Yeah, that's about a quarter and a half

Tned
08-10-2017, 08:04 PM
He's not the starting QB :listen:

Auditioning for a spot on the no fly zone?

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:07 PM
well at least he didn't fumble

that's all i want out of a punt returner

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Sunshine!

Sunshine just brought a cloud by having a first down, and then deciding run back towards LOS to avoid a tackler. Not a smart move in general, but especially when you are on the bubble.

He's not on any bubble. It's hard when you dont exactly know where the line is. If he went back it wasn't by much.

GEM
That's the way to make a team, Dillon Day...moron.

sneakers
who's the offensive lineman the broncos picked up from the cowboys?

MOtorboat
08-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Then he got blown up on third down.

topscribe
Well . . . Romo?

DenBronx

Are you on a 15 minute delay? Lol

GEM
Well pirate, that did not look good.

BroncoWave

He's been a hothead since college. Stomped on people's legs after plays multiple times. Broncos must have known that about him. If he's still on the team, they probably just expect it at this point.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Are you on a 15 minute delay? Lol

He just got a 2nd penalty.

Tned
He's not on any bubble. It's hard when you dont exactly know where the line is. If he went back it wasn't by much.

I like Taylor, but according to Mason and others going through the roster, he's on the bubble.

As to going back, it wasn't a little, it was a bone head move.

VonDoom

Don't worry, he won't

Hawgdriver

Watching Max Garcia getting his shit pushed in drives me up the ******* wall.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Not a great start for Lynch

DenBronx
Well . . . Romo?

If he wanted to unretire would the Cowboys still own his rights?

GEM
who's the offensive lineman the broncos picked up from the cowboys?

Leary.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Use the check down Paxton.

Bad choice to run on first down. Latimer would have gained more than two yards.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Not a great start for Lynch

No, looked bad on all 3 snaps

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:12 PM

Watching Max Garcia getting his shit pushed in drives me up the ******* wall.

Well, remember when I wanted Richie Incognito a few years back? Dude has been really good in Buffalo.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Siemian looks like the safe bet. Nothing glitzy, but not bone headed. Yay. :yawn:

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:14 PM

I like Taylor, but according to Mason and others going through the roster, he's on the bubble.

As to going back, it wasn't a little, it was a bone head move.

At least he can get open and catch, unlike Latimer the past couple of years.

Nomad
08-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Have I missed anything that wow'd you?

Rick
I'm still holding out hope that Lynch shows enough but the first series he looked more like a Tebow than a QB.

sneakers
Siemian looks like the safe bet. Nothing glitzy, but not bone headed. Yay. :yawn:

yay lots of field goal attempts this season!

DenBronx
Bengals front office all smiles.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Broncos would go 5-11 of they started Lynch all year long

MOtorboat

No.

topscribe
Siemian 6-7 for 51 yards. Led one FG drive.

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

CHJ had a pick 6 in the first minute. Starting D still great. Otherwise, pretty meh.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Chris Harris pick 6 the first minute of the game. Lol

Our first team D destroyed the Bears. Without Von Miller too...

topscribe
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Stephenson again.

GEM
Lynch just looks ******* bad. Like really bad.

DenBronx

CHJ had a pick 6 in the first minute. Starting D still great. Otherwise, pretty meh.

Copycat

topscribe
08-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Latimer flashing . . .

sneakers
Lynch just looks ******* bad. Like really bad.

yup

DenBronx
Did Tebow take over Lynchs body? Jeez!!!

Tned

Agreed. I wish they had used him more last year than Norwood and others.

Latimer is considered a lock, or near lock, due to how good a special teamer he is.

Nomad
Thanks for the update. Only negative living in this time zone....always miss the beginning of Thurs and Mon night games.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
garbage

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Did Tebow take over Lynchs body? Jeez!!!

Tebow could at least run.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the update. Only negative living in this time zone....always miss the beginning of Thurs and Mon night games.

East coast noon games start at 5 AM?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Lynch is holding the ball too long and delivering the ball too late, when he's not getting flushed out of the pocket after 3 seconds.

Ugh

VonDoom
So far, for all the changes this off season, we look a lot like we did last year. And that's not a compliment

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Tebow could at least run.

I wonder if they told him that running is not what they want to see from him tonight?

Hawgdriver

It's not good enough and we shouldn't settle, but it's what we are stuck with.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Lynch appears to have trouble reading the D and progressing through his reads. Happy feet and wonky throwing mechanics so far too... I'm not at all impressed with the bit we've seen from him under live fire tonight.

DenBronx

Agreed. I wish they had used him more last year than Norwood and others.

Latimer is considered a lock, or near lock, due to how good a special teamer he is.

I'll give you that, he is pretty good on special teams. If he can continue to play like he is tonight I'll be happy. They both need to do something these next few weeks..

Tned
08-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm still holding out hope that Lynch shows enough but the first series he looked more like a Tebow than a QB.

He's having to learn his second offense in two years, while still trying to learn football fundamentals that he didn't learn in college. I saw at least beat reporters say that as they introduced more of the playbook and things got more complex in camp, the more Lynch stuggled.

Doesn't mean it's as good as it's going to get, but he might be struggling with having to think about what's he's supposed to do, the play, etc. and not yet to the point where that stuff is second nature, where he can just go out and make plays.

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 08:23 PM

Edibali is decent.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Lynch appears to have trouble reading the D and progressing through his reads. Happy feet and wonky throwing mechanics so far too... I'm not at all impressed with the bit we've seen from him under live fire tonight.

Yep, seems what they've said about low football IQ is correct.

sneakers
broncos 2nd team offense and defense lines are garbage

DenBronx
How much better would we have been had the Romo situation worked out?

Right now I'm really nervous about our offense.

sneakers
Yep, seems what they've said about low football IQ outs correct.

I thought that was the knock against Brockembe, was he wasn't very bright

topscribe
08-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Of course, I'm not crazy about what I've seen of the QBs tonight so far.
But I don't think would should make too hasty of judgments.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:25 PM

yeah, but I wouldn't want to worry the whole season about someone breathing on romo and his vertebrae snapping in half

MOtorboat
08-10-2017, 08:26 PM

Favorite to win the West.

sneakers
08-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Of course, I'm not crazy about what I've seen of the QBs tonight so far.
But I don't think would should make too hasty of judgments.

Remember how the world was ending when Orton threw 4 interceptions his first preseason game? I thought we would need to hire suicide intervention experts on the board

DenBronx
Damn....I really wanted us to get Shaheen in the draft.

GEM
Well, Trubisky looks good.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:28 PM
We got Jake Butt instead....Butt...I said Butt

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 08:30 PM
broncos 2nd team offense and defense lines are garbage

Depth is definitely a concern

slim
08-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Remember how the world was ending when Orton threw 4 interceptions his first preseason game? I thought we would need to hire suicide intervention experts on the board

Orton....lol

topscribe
08-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Yeah . . . remember Peyton's first game? Of course, that's not to say we have another Peyton on the team . . .

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:32 PM
After first team we look like a hot ******* mess.

topscribe
08-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Broncos held Glennon to a 0.0 QBR (http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/10/denver-broncos-chicago-bears-nfl-preseason-mike-glennon-passer-rating/).

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 08:34 PM
First time Henderson touches the ball, he muffs it. Sadly, that backs up most of the camp reports on him

tomjonesrocks
08-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Just getting the game on as they kneel for halftime. Awesome.

Any kind soul want to give a quick summary?

MOtorboat
08-10-2017, 08:36 PM

First team defense still excellent. First team offense not so much. Paxton bad. Bolles good. Menelik Watson was not the solution.

Tned

Half the game day thread were upset and depressed by Siemian's play...

Then Lynch came in, and they are now suicidal.

AgentOrange
First time Henderson touches the ball, he muffs it. Sadly, that backs up most of the camp reports on him

So this is the guy who coach said can really handle to ball. Oooh kaaay...

Tned
08-10-2017, 08:37 PM
First team defense still excellent. First team offense not so much. Paxton bad. Bolles good. Menelik Watson was not the solution.

That's a pretty concise and accurate summary.

AgentOrange
08-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Local station finally got their shit together and got the feed going with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd. Thanks for the updates.

LawDog
08-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm ready to see Sloter.

Magnificent Seven
08-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I am not impressed with our offensive linemen. They have a lot of work to do. :tsk:

On the bright side, I am happy with Bolles' performance.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Oh yes, as if Tebow needs to worry about hitting anything.

GEM
Watching Siemian highlights, every throw was behind or outside of receiver. Lucky he has good receivers.

topscribe
Dave Logan: The worst part of the first half, the loss of Billy Winn.

Have to agree . . .

Nomad
08-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Who is #11?

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 08:48 PM
OMG Henderson...

Rick
Henderson has lost the kickoff job...

Simple Jaded
Henderson is Shittin down his leg.

sneakers
lol 2 fumbles on 2 kr

MOtorboat
Who is #11?

Don't worry about it. You probably won't have to know who he is.

Nomad
08-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Ok. It's Henderson. Who was the player drafted that was supposed to be the return man...or was that only for punts?

sneakers
Oh yes, as if Tebow needs to worry about hitting anything.

Amazing how his batting average went up by 50 points since he got promoted

topscribe
Henderson is Shittin down his leg.
Another 3rd round draft choice going the way of Ronnie Hillman?

GEM
Looks like lynch had settled down a bit.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Needed 2 friggen yards.

BroncoWave
08-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Looks like lynch had settled down a bit.

And on que he airmails a pass on 3rd down.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:51 PM
The ball was overthrown by 5 yards.

Nomad
Don't worry about it. You probably won't have to know who he is.

Flashbacks to Trindon. :lol:

BroncoWave
Another 3rd round draft choice going the way of Ronnie Hillman?

If he goes the way of being the leading rusher for a Super Bowl champion, I will happily take that. :)

sneakers
Good friggin lord Tebow, you can't be anymore likable, you can stop now

http://i.imgur.com/OPWdijK.png

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Trubisky lookin like an all pro

AgentOrange
08-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Well apparently my broadcast is several minutes behind you guys.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Henderson has lost the kickoff job...

I would let McKenzie handle both kick and punt returns.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Well apparently my broadcast is several minutes behind you guys.

No worries. We'll still look like shit when yours catches up. :D

tomjonesrocks
08-10-2017, 08:54 PM
The ball was overthrown by 5 yards.

Osweiler-esque accuracy on his long ball.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 08:55 PM
And on que he airmails a pass on 3rd down.

Griese said Sunshine should've took route to outside, blamed Taylor

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Watching a really good young qb. Too bad he doesn't play for the Broncos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 08:56 PM
The camp hype about Lynch, in hindsight is...what's the adjective I'm looking for to describe the hype over "prettiest throw of the day"?

I was worried he would looked like this when the bullets started flying.

Rick
08-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Glennon better be looking over his shoulder.

Sanchez will probably be out of a job again, poor guy.

GEM
08-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Maybe the bears are the up and comers, we look like the worst of the 2. Yikes!

tomjonesrocks
08-10-2017, 08:58 PM

How can we risk the best gunner in the NFL during preseason?!

FanInAZ
08-10-2017, 08:59 PM
If I'm Fox, I promote Trubisky to starter. I don't care if he's going against 2nd & 3rd stringers, he making tough plays and making smart decisions under pressure.

Hawgdriver
Trubisky turns out to be the dude.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor

So, that explains the crappy throw?

tomjonesrocks
The camp hype about Lynch, in hindsight is...what's the adjective I'm looking for to describe the hype over "prettiest throw of the day"?

I was worried he would looked like this when the bullets started flying.

You've heard something positive about Lynch from this camp? Can't say the same...

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 09:00 PM
How can we risk the best gunner in the NFL during preseason?!

He's too white.

GEM
08-10-2017, 09:01 PM
As soon as first team defense leaves the game I see the water boy guy. ...oh no, we suck again!

sneakers
08-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Glennon better be looking over his shoulder.

Sanchez will probably be out of a job again, poor guy.

We can always bring Sanchez back