PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Sources Shoot Down the AJ McCarron To Broncos Trade !

Cugel
08-09-2017, 09:46 AM
John Elway shot down the rumour "150% false" of the Broncos rumoured trade for AJ McCarron. I don't think that was ever a real option. But this take by Pro Football Focus Mike Florio is interesting:

Broncos shoot down talk of A.J. McCarron trade (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/author/floriomj/)
Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2017, 10:29 AM EDT

As the Broncos continue to watch Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch battle it out for the starting quarterback job, the team has shot down a third option not named Chad Kelly.

Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post reports, citing an unnamed source, that a report linking the Broncos to Bengals quarterback A.J. Carron is “150% false.”

Statistical impossibility notwithstanding, I think we get the point. And it makes sense, for various reasons.

First, the Bengals have asked for a lot for McCarron when contacted in the past about possibly trading him. Second, the Bengals at this point may be inclined to keep him around as a potential replacement in 2018 for Andy Dalton, if Dalton stinks it up this year. Third, trading for McCarron would put the Broncos in the awkward spot of having to justify whatever they give up to get him by either giving him a significant long-term deal or using the $23-milllion-plus franchise tag in 2018. Fourth, trading for McCarron would represent a concession that they blew it when trading up in round one 16 months ago to get Paxton Lynch.

It’s simply too late for an emergency option of that magnitude, and it would cost much more than the John Elway-led franchise ever would give up for a potential franchise quarterback. If Sieman isn’t clearly better than Lynch, it makes much more sense to roll the dice with Lynch, figure out whether he’s the guy, and then move on to other plans in 2018 if neither Siemian nor Lynch can get it done in 2017.

I'd say I agree with this. Trevor is clearly leading the QB contest to this point, but a lot will depend on how each QB performs in the next 2 preseason games. Then once they name a starting QB, a lot will depend on how that QB and the team performs in the regular season.

If they aren't satisfied with Trevor, it makes much more sense to start Paxton, see what he can do with a full season, and unless he develops into a top 10 QB prospect by seasons' end, then move on in 2018 to draft another first round or second round QB, who can come in and compete with Chad Kelly. Perhaps at that point they also consider a trade. But, giving $23 M to AJ McCarron makes less than zero sense to begin with, so that was never going to be true.

slim
08-09-2017, 09:57 AM
150% false?

I don't think that is possible.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Elway called it "fake news" Lol

BroncoJoe
08-09-2017, 10:11 AM
I never once heard this rumor.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 10:12 AM
23 Mill to AJ? Wtf! We would be better off trading for Matthew Stafford or Phillip Rivers.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 10:13 AM
150% false?

Yes, it's reminiscent of Sen. McGovern famously saying that he was "150% behind Thomas Eagleton" as his VP choice, shortly before dumping him off the 1972 Democratic ticket, when reports surfaced that Eagleton had been voluntarily committed to a medical facility for a mental breakdown.

"You can only sell 100% of anything, Max." "And how much of a percent of 'Springtime for Hitler' have we sold?" "2700%." Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel, in The Producers

MOtorboat
08-09-2017, 10:13 AM
150% false?

Is that a double negative? Is a double negative rumor a truth?

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 10:14 AM

It's all over facebook. Isn't that where we go for legit sources? But...they are talking about it alot today on the fan.

Cincinnati is saying they are getting phone calls. I bet some team called and Cincy is trying to drive up the price.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Just broke - and was shot down by Elway, this AM. All the talk radio shows were talking about it all morning. Reports surfaced out of Cincinnati that the Broncos were interested in trading a 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron. It was a serious story too. Elway was furious and launched a vicious tweet insisting that the report is "irresponsible example of fake news."

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Sandy Clough on 104.3 the Fan is talking about this story non stop. Kinda put Elway on blast that it isn't fake news.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 12:57 PM
After listening to this stuff, I think what happened is really as follows:

At some point in the past (probably in 2016) the Broncos did talk to the Bengals about the availability of AJ McCarron. Teams talk to each other all the time.

But, there's currently no interest on the Broncos part. This talk coming on top of the QB contest, is distracting and undermining, if not countered quickly. So, he did.

The motive on the Bengals part is to drive up the price. So, they leak the story. They would probably like to get a 2nd round pick for him. On the other hand, they don't have to trade him.

They could wait and see how Andy Dalton does this season. If it's another playoff flop, and Dalton looks bad, then they could turn to McCarron next year. They'd have to franchise him though. And that would cost them $23M.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 01:02 PM
BTW: Check out AJ McCarron's wife, Katherine Webb:

Frankly, I'd be happier than he is if this was my life!

Tned
08-09-2017, 01:09 PM
BTW: Check out AJ McCarron's wife, Katherine Webb:

Frankly, I'd be happier than he is if this was my life!

Damn, just changed my mind on the McCarron trade. I'm on board, two firsts and TS and PL for Katherine Webb (and Cincy can throw in AJ the QB).

OrangeHoof
08-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Other teams out there have QB issues also - think Houston, Jacksonville, Jets, Browns. It's possible the Bengals wanted to fleece one of them and needed some other buyer to drive up the price.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Stink's take on this whole thing is interesting: "I played in the NFL 12 years, and now I've been in the Denver media for 17 years, and one thing I've learned about the NFL, when someone in the media comes along and breaks news and says "my sources are telling me this" and within minutes other media outlets have talked with the Broncos and had an instant denial of that news, that means that something is going on. Teams don't just reach out and instantly start "deny, deny, deny" if there hasn't been talks. So, my perspective after years and years of watching this kind of thing go down, when this kind of news breaks and the team says "nothing to see here" there's something to see here. Now it might not happen, but. . . . plausible deniability is the currency in the NFL, and usually there's some truth to the story when it's reported like this. The reason those "sources" exist is that there have been conversations."

Q: "How serious was the Broncos interest in AJ McCarron? Was it way beyond just kicking the tires? The Broncos have vociferously denied the report."

Sandy Clough: "It is more than just casual interest. Obviously, the Broncos aren't going to tip their hand and the form their denials are taking are the same as with past stories [that turned out to be true.]

The same media outlets reported in January denying our report that Vance Joseph would be the next coach. Same people denied when we reported it last October that Gary Kubiak was going to retire at the end of the season, and had considered retirement after the SB, only to be talked out of it by John Elway. "Deny, deny, deny, no truth to it." Why would the Broncos acknowledge this? If they don't pull the trade off, they throw both QBs under the bus. If they get out-bid they can say "we were never that interested. Maybe those other teams were interested, but not us." But, there is interest from some teams and the Broncos are one of those teams."

I don't buy this. It's too late in the off-season. If a trade was possible, it should have happened in the Spring, not a few weeks before the start of the regular season! SO, maybe Elway pursued a trade in April or something. That would make sense. McCarron is probably a better QB than either Trevor or Paxton (what we've seen to this point.)

Tned
08-09-2017, 02:35 PM
MO, I'm going to get the quote wrong, but you repeated it enough, so you can help me out...

Other teams called and Josh (err, Elway) said no....

Cugel
08-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Damn, just changed my mind on the McCarron trade. I'm on board, two firsts and TS and PL for Katherine Webb (and Cincy can throw in AJ the QB).

Forget AJ! I'd trade my most valuable possession - my old used car - for Katherine Webb, straight up! The Bengals can keep AJ.

Hawgdriver
08-09-2017, 02:37 PM
You always look to improve your roster. Who cares if Elway looked at his price tag? Does it surprise anyone that there is uncertainty at the qb position? Perhaps not by design, but a consequence of this rumor is that it ups the ante for the incumbents--TS and PL. 'Just because you edged the other guy doesn't mean you won the job.'

Cugel
08-09-2017, 03:43 PM
You always look to improve your roster. Who cares if Elway looked at his price tag? Does it surprise anyone that there is uncertainty at the qb position? Perhaps not by design, but a consequence of this rumor is that it ups the ante for the incumbents--TS and PL. 'Just because you edged the other guy doesn't mean you won the job.'

I've been making this point all off season. Take this example:

Trevor wins the job (not a surprise at this point). The team goes 2-2 the first 4 weeks of the season, and Trevor looks decidedly mediocre. The Raiders and Chefs are 3-1 or 4-0. Will Trevor keep his job? Possibly not. There will be tremendous pressure to change QBs at this point. Same thing if it's Paxton starting.

At the end of this season Elway will evaluate whether he has his franchise QB or not. If not, then it's on to the 2018 draft and Chad Kelly. A trade would also be possible at this point.

But, I'd be surprised if they did anything right now, before they even find out whether Paxton is a bust or not. All we're hearing is "he's not ready." Well, is he ever going to get ready, or he too stupid to learn a complex NFL offense? If he just needs more time, then fine, he gets to compete again next season. If he's just clueless and will never learn, then it will be time to move on and acknowledge that Paxton is just a busted pick.

But, McCarron is a FA next season so you'd need to work out a deal with him anyway, and there's no reason for him to accept any less than what the franchise amount is $23M. That's going to be an average NFL starting QB salary in a year or two, but Elway has never paid that much for any player and it's difficult to see him doing it now. He paid Peyton $20M and then $15M. AJ McCarron is no Peyton Manning.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Again, AJ isn't going to get anywhere near 23 mill, thats just laughable. Probably a deal closer what Elway originally offered Brock Osweiler.

If we are going to deal that kind of cash then might as well go get Matthew Stafford. He is also in the last year of his contract and the Lions would be smart to get at least something for him.

Freyaka
08-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Again, AJ isn't going to get anywhere near 23 mill, thats just laughable. Probably a deal closer what Elway originally offered Brock Osweiler.

If we are going to deal that kind of cash then might as well go get Matthew Stafford. He is also in the last year of his contract and the Lions would be smart to get at least something for him.

That's exactly who I want is Stafford. I think I've been moderately vocal about that fact :D

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 04:50 PM

That's exactly who I want is Stafford. I think I've been moderately vocal about that fact :D

I wish man, him paired with our WRs and it's video game numbers for our offense. If someone called the Lions you think they would at least listen to the offer. Elway would have to make some big moves or some guys might need to restructure.

Pipe dream but....we would be a legitimate threat to go all the way.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 04:57 PM
I had to go back and watch Staffords 2016 highlights. Just insane ...incredible arm strength. You rarely see a WR having to stop or go back for a pass.

Pleeeeez Elway pleeeeez do it!

Poet
08-09-2017, 05:05 PM
I had to go back and watch Staffords 2016 highlights. Just insane ...incredible arm strength. You rarely see a WR having to stop or go back for a pass.

Pleeeeez Elway pleeeeez do it!

The Lions are going to tag him, is my guess.

Canmore
08-09-2017, 05:39 PM
The Lions are going to tag him, is my guess.

Mine too.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 05:44 PM
If someone offers draft picks then things can change.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2017, 05:45 PM
He's like their only asset. They could use him to help rebuild...

Although I'm not really sold on Stafford. I get he has a shit team around him, but his overall record is 51-58.

Poet
08-09-2017, 05:53 PM
He's like their only asset. They could use him to help rebuild...

Although I'm not really sold on Stafford. I get he has a shit team around him, but his overall record is 51-58.

In his defense, he puts up big numbers, and has done so without Megatron - that loss was supposed to kill him. His overall record is almost as deflated as a Patriot football - they were abysmal early on in his career. The past several years he's been winning consistently. IDK. I'd like to have him. I just don't think he's going to be available. Good QB's rarely become available.

Poet
08-09-2017, 05:54 PM

When has a proven starting QB, in his prime, with oodles of talent, been traded for just draft picks? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or that you're wrong. I can't think of one.

Freyaka
08-09-2017, 06:00 PM
When has a proven starting QB, in his prime, with oodles of talent, been traded for just draft picks? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or that you're wrong. I can't think of one.

Well take away the "oodles of talent" and you've got Cutler. :D Though I guess Orton was in there too

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 06:08 PM

Depends on if he isnt happy in shitty ass Detriot.

But like I said, pipe dream

Poet
08-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Well take away the "oodles of talent" and you've got Cutler. :D Though I guess Orton was in there too

Cutler was a massive talent. But he was essentially a baby QB and had not entered prime years. Prime years being the meat and potato of your career when your production is at it's best. But, that's also subjective. If you, as a 23 year old rookie, pro bowl, you could argue that you're in your prime years. IDK. It's probably not worth the nitpicking. I see the value in your assessment.

Simple Jaded
08-09-2017, 06:49 PM
"Fake News"

So it's confirmed, Elway was trying to trade for McCarron. Apparently he's not as stoked about the QB sitch as I am.

BroncoWave
08-09-2017, 07:08 PM
What even is this thread?

MOtorboat
08-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Is A.J. McCarron an upgrade?

Simple Jaded
08-09-2017, 07:18 PM
His wife is smokin hot.

tomjonesrocks
08-09-2017, 07:32 PM
"Fake News"

So it's confirmed, Elway was trying to trade for McCarron. Apparently he's not as stoked about the QB sitch as I am.

Really disappointing that Elway used that term. Embarrassing - you're the GOAT ... what are you thinking.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Oh god...of all things to complain about

Poet
08-09-2017, 07:36 PM

Eh. You got mad at a guy for protesting demonstratively proven social issues. TJR can get mad at a Bronco for using foolish nomenclature.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 07:37 PM

That's what I am wondering. Him and Trevor seem kinda the same to me. And if so, why not stick with the guy who is a ton cheaper and knows the system already. Trevor as potential, he looked really good at times last year.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 07:40 PM

Eh. You got mad at a guy for protesting demonstratively proven social issues. TJR can get mad at a Bronco for using foolish nomenclature.

It's a free country but it's still petty.

And really man, the two issues are drastically different so dont be naive. I do my best to stay out of politics. Football season is finally here yet some of you guys continue to drag politics into the main forum for talking football. It's a drain to say the least and that's all I'll say on this topic.

Poet
08-09-2017, 07:41 PM

And really man, the two issues are drastically different so dont be naive. I do my best to stay out of politics. Football season is finally here yet some of you guys continue to drag politics into the main forum for talking football. It's a drain to say the least and that's all I'll say on this topic.

The best part of this post was the first sentence as it's applicable to everything discussed.

Blame Elway for the tweet and the media for Kaep if you want to be mad, I broke no rules! I am...a law-abiding citizen.

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Sure you are but quit using big words like nomenclature. It makes you sound smarter than me and it makes me go to Google.

Now, maybe give us some more insight on AJ since that is your old team. How is he better than Trevor and would this be a good move for the Broncos?

Poet
08-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Sure you are but quit using big words like nomenclature. It makes you sound smarter than me and it makes me go to Google.

Now, maybe give us some more insight on AJ since that is your old team. How is he better than Trevor and would this be a good move for the Broncos?

Hey, sometimes we gotta learn from one another.

A.J. is the same guy but with a better arm but worse mobility. McCarron was a better polished prospect coming out of college. He hasn't played much since the playoff game two years ago, so I'm not sure if he's more polished than TS right now. I would have to guess that McCarron is a little bit more physically talented, and he's definitely a hyper competitive guy and a hard worker. If he is ahead of TS, it's not by much. Unless we were getting him for a cheap cost I say TS is the better overall bet as he is liked on the team, has chemistry with the players, etc.

tomjonesrocks
08-09-2017, 08:02 PM

That phrase frankly is so associated with this president that any comment expressing disgust to it is fair game. It's tantamount to "Make America Great Again". Elway introduced politics, not me.

Say what you want about Clough - I think it's completely classless to use that term to refute his report. I'm not saying he couldn't have done things differently or is a saint but the man has 40 years in the business or whatever.

This not being P&R I'll stick with "disappointed".

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Hey, sometimes we gotta learn from one another.

A.J. is the same guy but with a better arm but worse mobility. McCarron was a better polished prospect coming out of college. He hasn't played much since the playoff game two years ago, so I'm not sure if he's more polished than TS right now. I would have to guess that McCarron is a little bit more physically talented, and he's definitely a hyper competitive guy and a hard worker. If he is ahead of TS, it's not by much. Unless we were getting him for a cheap cost I say TS is the better overall bet as he is liked on the team, has chemistry with the players, etc.

I remember him torching our defense but Cincy let off the gas. Sandy Clough was talking about this earlier. I know he did good in place of Dalton and I know he is going to get a legit shot after the season. But if the hype is only a few good games then we forget that Trevor played some brilliant games early last season as well. I think he threw like 4 TDs in one game? He has showed some flashes.

Elway seemed legitimately pissed off about the story. Either he was hoping to keep it under the radar or it simply isn't true.

But what is concerning me is how will our 2 young QBs respond to the trade rumors? Are they mentally tough enough to tune it out and just go and ball out Thursday night? How will Paxton especially respond? Paxton can't even beat Trevor out and the frustration will only grow if Paxton plays terrible in these next 2 games

DenBronx
08-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Sandy Clough broke some pretty big stories last year. Vance Joseph being the head candidate for HC and Kubiak leaving. These are the same sources he is saying that is telling him about this trade deal. You have to believe he is telling the truth. Where there is smoke there is fire....

Poet
08-09-2017, 08:12 PM
I remember him torching our defense but Cincy let off the gas. Sandy Clough was talking about this earlier. I know he did good in place of Dalton and I know he is going to get a legit shot after the season. But if the hype is only a few good games then we forget that Trevor played some brilliant games early last season as well. I think he threw like 4 TDs in one game? He has showed some flashes.

Elway seemed legitimately pissed off about the story. Either he was hoping to keep it under the radar or it simply isn't true.

But what is concerning me is how will our 2 young QBs respond to the trade rumors? Are they mentally tough enough to tune it out and just go and ball out Thursday night? How will Paxton especially respond? Paxton can't even beat Trevor out and the frustration will only grow if Paxton plays terrible in these next 2 games

He's had some flashes. He's also been the guy who misses the wide open throw on one play following it up with missing the wide open read. He's not stupid. He's just always looked like he was still playing college ball. When he had his big half against Denver, a large part of it was A.J. Green winning his matchup vs. Talib. Green then was mostly ineffective vs. Harris. As soon as the running game got stopped AJM was done. He's another guy who can turn into a good player, but he's never going to be why your offense is scary. It's at best a lateral move...and a few inches up. He has ability. He'll probably turn into a slightly above average starter. I mean, last year two guys threw for over 70%. Cousins had 4,900 yards. Guys who aren't great players are achieving big numbers. He'll benefit from the era.

TS has had doubters his entire life. PL carried a shit school to the big time. They're tough enough.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-09-2017, 08:27 PM

I don't know. He outplayed Siemian last year in the Bengals game (I don't remember if TS was injured yet or not), but nobody has enough tape on him to expose anything.

My gut says he could be a franchise QB and the Bengals will want a lot for him, like probably TS and a 3rd.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
He's had some flashes. He's also been the guy who misses the wide open throw on one play following it up with missing the wide open read. He's not stupid. He's just always looked like he was still playing college ball. When he had his big half against Denver, a large part of it was A.J. Green winning his matchup vs. Talib. Green then was mostly ineffective vs. Harris. As soon as the running game got stopped AJM was done. He's another guy who can turn into a good player, but he's never going to be why your offense is scary. It's at best a lateral move...and a few inches up. He has ability. He'll probably turn into a slightly above average starter. I mean, last year two guys threw for over 70%. Cousins had 4,900 yards. Guys who aren't great players are achieving big numbers. He'll benefit from the era.

TS has had doubters his entire life. PL carried a shit school to the big time. They're tough enough.

I also think McCarron showed an ability make reads well beyond his experience level.

Poet
08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
I also think McCarron showed an ability make reads well beyond his experience level.

He had some really rough games, Al. One game in particular, I think vs. the Niners, his one big pass was to Green who beat someone on a double move - almost all other passes were less than 5 yards in the air. That wasn't by design, either.

A trend in the NFL is that an interesting prospect gets taken in the middle or later rounds, starts a few games, plays well enough to look better than he is. The result ends up that the guy stays as either a journeyman or backup the rest of his career. By trend I mean history. NFL history is not kind to NFL QB's.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-09-2017, 08:35 PM
He had some really rough games, Al. One game in particular, I think vs. the Niners, his one big pass was to Green who beat someone on a double move - almost all other passes were less than 5 yards in the air. That wasn't by design, either.

A trend in the NFL is that an interesting prospect gets taken in the middle or later rounds, starts a few games, plays well enough to look better than he is. The result ends up that the guy stays as either a journeyman or backup the rest of his career. By trend I mean history. NFL history is not kind to NFL QB's.

I only saw the Denver game. It could be by the SF game teams were gathering enough tape.

Did they beat the Niners? Did Cinci know they would be able to beat them playing ultra conservative ball?

Poet
08-09-2017, 08:40 PM
I only saw the Denver game. It could be by the SF game teams were gathering enough tape.

Did they beat the Niners? Did Cinci know they would be able to beat them playing ultra conservative ball?

SF happened before the Denver game. They beat the Niners on the back of the defense. The Niners were utter shit, but for a large portion of the game it was a contest.

That's sort of my point - before Dalton being injured the Bengals had one of the top offenses and people were talking about how they were five threats deep. McCarron walked onto the field with a top three RB tandem, a top five WR, the TD and overall TE leader in Eifert, and Sanu and Jones, and one of the best lines in the game. He was bad. And he had field position, too. He certainly improved, but he had issues. You guys saw him at his best. But, he loves big games. He does get jacked up for them. He's got a winner's DNA, or whatever the **** token thing I should say.

He has a NFL arm, but not by much. He's got the build. He has SOME mobility. He's a try-hard. He's basically Schaub with a worse arm and worse on touch passes. The latter probably improves a lot over time. I wouldn't be shocked that he could well in a good situation. He's not the type of QB to overcome a bad one.

GEM
08-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Oh how I wish this was Real news!

Tned
08-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Really disappointing that Elway used that term. Embarrassing - you're the GOAT ... what are you thinking.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess it's because it's fake news....

Valar Morghulis
08-09-2017, 11:04 PM
I like AJ I said he would replace the red rifle by week 8 of his rookie year, then again his sophomore year, but like always I was wrong lol

Would I want to see him here.... Only if we didn't have Trevor. AJ is Trevor.

If we are going to trade for a qb, go big and go for Stafford. Another unproven qb is an unnecessary risk when we already have two qbs that could make the leap in trev and Chad

Simple Jaded
08-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Elway is a snowflake.

chazoe60
08-09-2017, 11:48 PM
You guys can't even leave this shit out of Bronco threads now?

Poet
08-09-2017, 11:52 PM

I'm innocent.

OrangeHoof
08-10-2017, 02:35 AM
I see no point in having both Seimien and McCarron. Roughly the same guy - high IQ and adaptability but lacking the fastball you want in a QB. Lynch has the fastball and terrific skills but it hasn't seemed to translate yet into the #1 job. I'd say it was a wasted pick if he's not the unquestioned starting QB by Week 8 of his second year.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 09:20 AM

I mean in all fairness, Elway kinda brought politics into it. He's a trump supporter and he parroted trumps "fake news" garbage. You can get on their case, but that's on Elway for going there, not on them for discussing something the head of our team said.

DenBronx
08-10-2017, 09:26 AM

I'm innocent.

You lie you fry Kinger

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Oh how I wish this was Real news!

I don't think it is, BUT, I will point out that Elway denies everything like this, even if it's true. A flat out denial like this doesn't mean a lot. Elway likes to play denier to try and cover up things he doesn't want getting out. Just like he did with us trying to trade Brock..

We're not bringing in a QB this late in the game. If we made this trade now we'd be bringing in a QB 4 weeks before the season starts who doesn't know the offense. That's why this trade rumor is false (not because Elway denied it)

I'm thinking the truth lies in the middle. We did at some point in the offseason reach out to the Bengals, we didn't get anything worked out and we moved on. I'm guessing the talks did happen, but nothing came of it and word got leaked to Sandy as if it was still happening (likely by someone in the Bengals FO) to drive up interest in AJ.

OrangeHoof
08-10-2017, 10:27 AM
The Broncos did not trade Brock.

Freyaka
08-10-2017, 10:31 AM
The Broncos did not trade Brock.

No, they did not, but we adamantly denied that we tried to trade him, then later on it surfaced that "Oh wait, yes, we did try to trade him for tyrod Taylor"

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 03:04 PM

This is John Elway's doing.