PDA

View Full Version : What QB storyline would you want today?

ShaneFalco
08-07-2017, 05:38 PM
THE POLLS ARE COMING. THE POLLS ARE COMING..

-Trevor Siemian holding onto the job, Big Boss Siemian dropping the hot fire, Slaying the Lynch supporters in their beds, The SKittles Jacket wearing, Big Balls having, in his 3rd year in the NFL taking the reigns forever

-Kyle Sloter, the skinny twigman, breaks his way into the starting spot by growing and stretching out his little twig limbs like a baby groot. Could he grow into something much larger? I am SLOTEEEEEEEEER

-Swag Kelly. Drops his 2nd rap track, titled " Franchise Swag". His single goes Triple Orange and Blue. Winning Rookie Rap of the Year. And Swaggin himself into the starting job with swag, by swagging in practice with swag. Now here comes the Legacy DNA. Like a Tyrannosauras Rex being created in a Lab in Jurrassic Park on the isles of Isla Sorna. Swag Kelly has the DNA to take the Mile High Park down all in his first NFL year

-Tim Tebow. Gods gift to the world of college football and americans everywhere. This son of Christ was never traded when Manning came. He studied and learned behind one of the greats. It was like Quincy Jones to Ray Charles, Triple H to Shaun Micheals, Socrates mentor to Plato, Kenobi to Skywalker, This 30 year old would take the reigns with his knowledge of the force and lead Denver to the Superbowl once again

-Jay Cutler. This ungrateful , Bike riding, sonofabitch. I dont careeeeeeeeeeeeee to write more about him. The Return of the Cutty to the City he burned his way out of. At 34 years of age and coming off one of his best seasons. Cutler is here to not care.

-Paxton Lynch, the young buck, on his way to dethroning the starter, to start his own pirating legacy that surpasses Black beard, taking what is his to take, all the broncos women, his 2nd year in the NFL. Will he be a Captain Teach? or just another Charles Vain?

Cugel
08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
-Trevor Siemian holding onto the job, Big Boss Siemian dropping the hot fire, Slaying the Lynch supporters in their beds, The SKittles Jacket wearing, Big Balls having, in his 3rd year in the NFL taking the reigns forever

MuhahahahahaHA! Look. Let's cut the crap. It doesn't matter whether Trevor wins the starting job to begin the season. That is not the standard here.

John Elway just signed a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid GM in football. The man already has a fortune of $150M, so he really doesn't need to get up in the early morning and work late at night. He does this, instead of say, buying his own island and all the fish, because he's ultra-competitive and he wants to win Super Bowls.

Only you can't win SBs without a top 10 QB. The only counter-examples are those once in a decade teams like the '85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens and the 2015 Broncos. But, none of them ever repeated and the Broncos won't repeat with the same formula either. The defense will never again be as historically great as it was in 2015. The offense will just have to be better.

So, ask yourself a question: "How long will John Elway remain satisfied with the worst QB in the AFC West?" Not long at all.

So, unless Trevor or Paxton proves to Elway that he's on track to become the next Derek Carr (verdict so far is "no"), then Elway will go out in the 2018 draft and draft another 1st or second round QB and that guy will compete with Chad Kelly for the starting spot.

And, as for Trevor and Paxton, one of them (probably Trevor since he'd have the higher trade value) would get traded, while the other guy would be in the position that Alex Smith currently finds himself in: the presumptive starter - UNTIL the new rookie QB is ready to take his place.

Yet fans act like if Trevor or Paxton wins the job then suddenly they become the Franchise QB or something. Not a bit of it. The jury is out and will remain out until some Denver QB proves to Elway that he is a top 10 QB in the making. And that means the jury will remain out all this season and possibly next season and the season after that too.

ShaneFalco
08-07-2017, 06:06 PM
so who you voting for cug

?
https://usatbroncoswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/gettyimages-612081620.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

ShaneFalco
08-07-2017, 07:05 PM
2 votes. OM poll got 30 votes already. Yall a shame

Timmy!
08-07-2017, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty awesome, but don't think I'm gods gift.

UnderArmour
08-07-2017, 08:27 PM
I will give a response in line with the thread's quality:

all bronco qbs injured. broncos attempt to sign FAs and they get injure too. elway forced to call tim tebow cause experience with mike mccoy offense. tim tebow start games and go 19-0 winning super bowl. that the qb story line i want 2 day

BroncoWave
08-07-2017, 08:37 PM
How TF is Cleo Lemon not an option? Come on man, you new here?

Cugel
08-07-2017, 09:06 PM
so who you voting for cug

?

There's no point in voting really. I voted for Trevor because he's clearly going to win the starting job. He's just obviously ahead of Paxton in development this pre-season. But, he hasn't been great. He looks to be on a trajectory to be somewhat, but not hugely better than last season.

Which would make him something like Kyle Orton Part II. A safe, intellectually sound and smart QB who has ZERO ability to take over and win you a game like elite QBs do. But, he won't lose you the game either.

The problem with such QBs is that if you build a team around them and then you get to the playoffs, they can't win there. Example KC with Alex Smith. The 12-4 Chiefs are a totally sound team, with no really obvious weaknesses. Both offense and defense were solid. But, the Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger and the Chiefs have Alex Smith and we all know what happened. When you play the Patriots even having an elite QB isn't enough, if the rest of your team has weaknesses. (That is basically what happened to Elway his first 3 SBs).

So, what would be the point of developing an Alex Smith? Is the goal suddenly to win 10 games and get into the playoffs and let the defense win the SB again? Nice dream but it will never, ever happen. It barely happened the first time and only did because the defense was actually scoring a significant number of points. They weren't just getting turn overs, they were scoring TDs on those turnovers. There haven't been many defenses in NFL history since the '85 Bears capable of winning SBs that way and this year's Broncos defense won't be one of them.

It's still a great defense. Well, the '86 Bears were really good too. And the '87 Bears defense wasn't too shabby either. But, they didn't win any more SBs. The Bears have been trying to replicate that '85 success ever since with zero success.

This is not an argument to start Paxton. This isn't Cleveland. You can't start the worse guy (and he has been worse so far this off-season), and expect to win games. But, I'm not encouraged by either of these QBs.

Hopefully that will change during the regular season. But, so far, "I'm not lovin' it."

BroncoWave
08-07-2017, 09:10 PM
OMG of course Cugel takes this thread seriously...

Simple Jaded
08-07-2017, 10:08 PM
I chose **** you Shane, because **** you Shane.

Poet
08-07-2017, 10:21 PM
This thread is fun.

Shane...this vote's for you.

Buff
08-08-2017, 10:13 AM
wut

Hawgdriver
08-08-2017, 11:09 AM
I think Ichiro! might come out of retirement and be the surprise week 1 starter for the Broncos.

topscribe
08-08-2017, 11:11 AM
I chose **** you Shane, because **** you Shane.
You mean **** doesn't stand for "like"?

Poet
08-08-2017, 11:12 AM

All these years I thought you were saying something so different!!!!!!!!

Buff
08-08-2017, 11:14 AM
I think Ichiro! might come out of retirement and be the surprise week 1 starter for the Broncos.

Except he's not retired and drew a pinch hit walk for the Marlins in Washington last night. When will we catch a break?!?!

Hawgdriver
08-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Except he's not retired and drew a pinch hit walk for the Marlins in Washington last night. When will we catch a break?!?!

Wait wut. Wow. 43.

Still, he'll be ready in time for the season opener. Marlins aren't doing anything in Sept.

MOtorboat
08-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Wait wut. Wow. 43.

Still, he'll be ready in time for the season opener. Marlins aren't doing anything in Sept.

His stated goal is to play until he is 50.

Hawgdriver
08-08-2017, 11:31 AM
His stated goal is to play until he is 50.

I remember at 35 he thought he'd make the switch to pitching at 40.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Stands for love, thank you for exposing my secret.

slim
08-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Kelly sprays the QB room and takes the starting job hostage...becomes franchise QB/pimp

topscribe
08-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Stands for love, thank you for exposing my secret.
Well, I WAS trying to give you credit for not being kinky . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Kelly sprays the QB room and takes the starting job hostage...becomes franchise QB/pimp

This is when the legacy Don Kelly was not simply machine kelly any longer.

Cugel
08-09-2017, 10:32 AM
OMG of course Cugel takes this thread seriously...

What I actually do, is postpone doing some actual real work for a few minutes and relieve some stress by typing stuff on the "inter-tubes."

"the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled. . . ." - Sen. Ted Stevens

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 09:38 PM
dissapointed in the poll results.

i may leave off "**** you shane" in all future polls. My feelings are now hurt