PDA

View Full Version : Broncos release first depth chart of the season

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2017, 10:59 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As expected, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch are listed as co-No. 1 quarterbacks on the first depth chart of the preseason, which was issued by the Broncos on Monday morning before they returned to practice after their Sunday off-day.Siemian and Lynch have split first-team repetitions, alternating periods with the No. 1 offense since the start of organized team activities in May. This arrangement is expected to continue until one of the quarterbacks has made enough separation to lead to a decision as to who will start in Week 1.

During Saturday's scrimmage, Siemian and Lynch took turns with the first and second units. Siemian led the No. 1 offense to a first down and went three-and-out with the second team. Lynch threw an interception with the No. 1 offense, then completed a pass for a first down with the second team, only to have the yardage wiped out on a post-play penalty by OT Donald Stephenson.

This marks the second consecutive year that the Broncos have had co-No. 1 quarterbacks heading into the preseason opener.

Quarterback is the only position at which co-starters were listed.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-release-first-depth-chart-of-the-season/6174d454-0829-4db2-923b-9ed218ffdf10

Rick
08-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Walker at LBer?

Tned
08-07-2017, 12:46 PM
rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-release-first-depth-chart-of-the-season/6174d454-0829-4db2-923b-9ed218ffdf10

Interesting that Siemian is listed first. He's not first alphabetically. His number isn't lower. What message are they sending?

Tned
08-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Walker at LBer?

Injuries. I think they started running him there after Ray went down.

NightTerror218
08-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Interesting that Siemian is listed first. He's not first alphabetically. His number isn't lower. What message are they sending?

He gets start vs da bears

slim
08-07-2017, 12:56 PM

I think the message is that someone has to be listed first.

VonDoom
08-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Walker at LBer?

Injuries. I think they started running him there after Ray went down.

Yep, I think they'd prefer he line up at DE, but with the injuries, they've been working him at OLB, so there's where he ends up on the chart (for now). Probably a good thing in the long run, as it will make him more versatile.

slim
08-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Big Al was comparing him to Meck the other day, says he has the ability to play nearly anywhere in the front 7.

BeefStew25
08-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Big Al was comparing him to Meck the other day, says he has the ability to play nearly anywhere in the front 7.

That would be boss.

Davii
08-07-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm a little surprised to see rookie Brendan Langley listed ahead of Lorenzo Doss at RCB.

NightTerror218
08-07-2017, 01:52 PM
He gets start vs da bears

Lynch to start vs 49ers

VonDoom
08-07-2017, 02:03 PM
This could be the year that Schofield doesn't make the final roster - he's listed as the 3rd string RG right now. And as others have said, Juwan Thompson looks like he's not going to make it - no big surprise, but a guy who's been around the fringes of the roster for the last couple of years.

Tned
08-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Yep, I think they'd prefer he line up at DE, but with the injuries, they've been working him at OLB, so there's where he ends up on the chart (for now). Probably a good thing in the long run, as it will make him more versatile.

Yep, and might get him on the field sooner than would be the case as a rotational end.

Hawgdriver
08-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm a little surprised to see rookie Brendan Langley listed ahead of Lorenzo Doss at RCB.

That was biggest surprise for me, too.

OrangeHoof
08-07-2017, 07:20 PM
I was surprised to find out we had veteran depth at RB in Stevan Ridley and Bernard Pierce. Both are good role players. Hope they're good at special teams or they might not make the final cut.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2017, 07:48 PM

#kissofdeath

tomjonesrocks
08-10-2017, 03:26 PM
This could be the year that Schofield doesn't make the final roster - he's listed as the 3rd string RG right now. And as others have said, Juwan Thompson looks like he's not going to make it - no big surprise, but a guy who's been around the fringes of the roster for the last couple of years.

Really curious what happens at RB. Juwan Thompson has apparently had a great camp. Assuming CJ and Booker (unfortunately - unless they IR him) are locks, a pick two between Charles, Ridley, Henderson, and Thompson is going to be interesting.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Really curious what happens at RB. Juwan Thompson has apparently had a great camp. Assuming CJ and Booker (unfortunately - unless they IR him) are locks, a pick two between Charles, Ridley, Henderson, and Thompson is going to be interesting.

I think you keep Thompson on PS if he has eligibility, if not you tell him not to go far. Because you're not getting 16 games out of CJ.

VonDoom
08-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Henderson will make it. I'd like to think Charles as the other one, but no one has seen him do anything yet. If not him, it sounds like Ridley over Thompson, especially if Thompson can still be on the PS

Cugel
08-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Henderson will make it. I'd like to think Charles as the other one, but no one has seen him do anything yet. If not him, it sounds like Ridley over Thompson, especially if Thompson can still be on the PS

Henderson went on IR didn't he?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Henderson went on IR didn't he?

I think it's the PUP list. He'll be back

NightTerror218
08-15-2017, 06:37 PM
I think it's the PUP list. He'll be back

WR Henderson on pup not RB Henderson

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-15-2017, 06:44 PM
WR Henderson on pup not RB Henderson
Correct, is the running back hurt now too?

NightTerror218
08-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Correct, is the running back hurt now too?

No. Just clarifying since we have 2 rookie Henderson now.

BeefStew25
08-16-2017, 12:33 AM
RB Hendo looks fun.

NightTerror218
08-16-2017, 08:46 AM
RB Hendo looks fun.

I agree. Booker is in trouble.

Joel
08-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Thompson's a 4th year player who's played all but one game each of the last TWO seasons: I don't see how he could possibly have PS eligibility left. Which makes me sad, 'cause I really like him, but expect us to keep Charles and the drafted rookie (albeit a low round pick,) especially if he keeps playing as he did on his long game-winning TD. It's only preseason, of course, but what more can any rookie show anyone?

If Elway decides Charles isn't healthy enough to be worth $1M and a roster spot, so keeps Thompson instead, that will be more than fine with me. I just don't expect it.
As for Ridley: Meh. His greatest contribution to the Broncos is almost singlehandedly helping Del Rio beat the Cheatriots on the road in 2014, and that will probably ALWAYS be his biggest contribution here. He's a fumble-prone flash in the pan who couldn't win the starting job against NO competition in NE*, so even McCoys penchant for dump offs to backs in the flat don't make him worthwhile, IMHO. For one thing, Thompson's not a bad receiving back himself.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Thompson spent half the '16 season on PS. I would remind you that Tony Carter was a RFA for almost his entire career because of being on and off the PS so often. If you wanna investigate that further, have at it, Thompson is a scrub.

Rick
08-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Thompson spent half the '16 season on PS. I would remind you that Tony Carter was a RFA for almost his entire career because of being on and off the PS so often. If you wanna investigate that further, have at it, Thompson is a scrub.

Thompson is a average RB who is a special teams standout. What more do you need out of him?

Simple Jaded
08-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Thompson is a average RB who is a special teams standout. What more do you need out of him?

Is he a standout, really?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-17-2017, 08:55 PM

He stands out on the field at kick off

Rick
08-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Do a search on Juwan Thompson special teams ace and you will fine numerous articles. He certainly seems to get plenty of notice there.

BeefStew25
08-18-2017, 11:53 AM
He just needs to jell.

Simple Jaded
08-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Do a search on Juwan Thompson special teams ace and you will fine numerous articles. He certainly seems to get plenty of notice there.

No thanks.

Rick
08-18-2017, 09:27 PM
No thanks.

Then why did you ask if he really stood out? :)