PDA

View Full Version : John Bowlen, son of Broncos owner, was driving more than 100 mph while under the influence, California troopers say

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2017, 12:43 PM
John Bowlen was arrested Sunday on two misdemeanor drunken driving charges after he was pulled over for passing cars on the median at more than 100 mph on a California highway, officials say.

“He wasn’t cooperative. He did make it clear several times that he was the son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. It didn’t help. We arrested him just like any other citizen. He got no preferential treatment,” said Sgt. Tim Neumann, spokesman for the California Highway Patrol.

Bowlen, 31, was booked into the San Luis Obispo County Jail late Sunday afternoon on one misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a drug or alcohol and one count of having a reading of more than the California limit of .08 percent of alcohol in his blood.

Bowlen’s “reckless driving” triggered numerous calls from drivers on U.S. 101 near Paso Robles on Sunday. Five CHP troopers joined the chase.

The first calls came by motorists on northbound 101 at 1:27 p.m. in San Luis Obispo County.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/31/john-bowlen-california-dui/

This guy is a mess

MOtorboat
07-31-2017, 12:46 PM
He did make it clear several times that he was the son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. It didn’t help.

:laugh:

dogfish
07-31-2017, 01:04 PM
this is good. . . the more he does stupid shit like this, the less chance the drooling idiot will ever own the broncos. . .

Davii
07-31-2017, 01:08 PM
this is good. . . the more he does stupid shit like this, the less chance the drooling idiot will ever own the broncos. . .

However, his chances to own the Colts have risen significantly.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2017, 01:28 PM
The DP article has been updated several times, so not sure if the following was part of the first article, or in an update

Neumann said Bowlen had a Cocker Spaniel puppy in the SUV. Neuman overheard Bowlen talking while he was led down a hall.

“He was saying that he tried to talk dad out of selling the team. Who knows what that means,” Neumann said.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/31/john-bowlen-california-dui/

topscribe
07-31-2017, 01:30 PM
“He was saying that he tried to talk dad out of selling the team. Who knows what that means.”
I guess that means he wants the money.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2017, 02:11 PM
“He was saying that he tried to talk dad out of selling the team. Who knows what that means.”

With him saying that, is it fair to assume that family discussions have started in regards to selling the team, or it may be farther now than just discussions?

Davii
07-31-2017, 02:13 PM
With him saying that, is it fair to assume that family discussions have started in regards to selling the team, or it may be farther now than just discussions?

Maybe, but it could also just be drunk ranting as it seems that with Pat's condition as far along as it is that any discussions wouldn't be with Pat as his statement suggests.

Buff
07-31-2017, 02:26 PM
See, his problem was that he didn't tell the cops to call Elway. Rookie move.

As an allegedly highly intoxicated and uncooperative John Boyett was handcuffed in the back of a patrol car Monday evening, police were unable to read him his rights because the Broncos practice squad safety kept repeatedly telling the arresting officer to “contact his boss, John Elway.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2014/10/23/john-boyett-released-by-denver-broncos-following-arrest/

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 03:02 PM
The Broncos like their booze, I keep thinking of Scot McCloughan being in that FO somehow but that's obviously a horrible fit.

Northman
07-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Well, we know he wont be considered for taking over the team.

Timmy!
07-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Well, we know he wont be considered for taking over the team.

Right. "More than 100." Rookie numbers. If the headline read "185 MPH in a Maserati" and they found a naked stripper and 100 dollar bills with traces of blow it would be different.

Dapper Dan
07-31-2017, 08:11 PM
Was John Bowlin named for John Elway?

tomjonesrocks
07-31-2017, 08:18 PM
What a douche and a disgrace to a great man's name.

FanInAZ
07-31-2017, 08:59 PM

I hope it means that he's wants to sell to Elway.

NightTrainLayne
07-31-2017, 09:40 PM
My amateur, armchair psychological take:

He has come to the conclusion that the team is being sold to someone (not him). It set him off, hence the over-medicated, drunk, reckless driving cry for help/rebellion.

Did anyone else notice the dog's name? Duke? Seriously? This guy's entire identity is apparently wrapped up in the Broncos. If the team is sold, he loses all of that.

Hawgdriver
07-31-2017, 09:47 PM

He has come to the conclusion that the team is being sold to someone (not him). It set him off, hence the over-medicated, drunk, reckless driving cry for help/rebellion.

Did anyone else notice the dog's name? Duke? Seriously? This guy's entire identity is apparently wrapped up in the Broncos. If the team is sold, he loses all of that.

What would you prescribe, doc?

DenBronx
08-01-2017, 12:41 AM
This team belongs to Elway. Someway somehow he needs to buy it. Even if it's just a portion. Start there then buy the rest out as you go. I love Bowlen but his kids shouldn't take over.

MOtorboat
08-01-2017, 12:47 AM
What would you prescribe, doc?

Live off the trust and chill the **** out. Amateur analysis.

Valar Morghulis
08-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Right. "More than 100." Rookie numbers. If the headline read "185 MPH in a Maserati" and they found a naked stripper and 100 dollar bills with traces of blow it would be different.

It would be awesome

Poet
08-01-2017, 01:50 AM
The man thinks his legacy is being taken from him -- I get it.

But, sounds like we are avoiding a different slice of Paul and Mike Brown.

FanInAZ
08-01-2017, 02:12 AM
The man thinks his legacy is being taken from him -- I get it.

But, sounds like we are avoiding a different slice of Paul and Mike Brown.

This sounds interesting, please elaborate on who I assume refers to the founder of both the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals, as well as his successor with the Bengals.

Timmy!
08-01-2017, 02:16 AM
It would be awesome

I mean, if youre gonna go full retard, might as well push all the chips in.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2017, 06:16 PM
An arrest warrant was issued Tuesday out of Arapahoe County for John Bowlen, son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen.

Bowlen’s arrest Sunday in California on suspicion of DUI and driving over 100 mph triggered a complaint for revocation of probation, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Bowlen had been placed on probation in Arapahoe County on April 14, 2016, for a 24-month period, following a guilty verdict in a harassment case.

Bowlen’s arrest Sunday violated probation in five different ways, according to the complaint, signed by County Court Judge Darren Louis Vahle.

Count 1: Bowlen did not report his arrest in California.
Count 2: Bowlen has not reported to his probation officer since March 27, a violation.
Count 3: Bowlen has not reported to community service.
Count 4: Bowlen has not enrolled in court-ordered domestic violence and drug and alcohol treatment programs.
Count 5: Bowlen did not report that he’d gone to California.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/01/john-bowlen-denver-broncos-owner-arrest-warrant/

MOtorboat
08-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Good job, Junior.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2017, 07:08 PM
I always say, "the best time to get a dui is when you're already on probation "

VonDoom
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
What an *******

BroncoJoe
08-02-2017, 07:13 AM
This team belongs to Elway. Someway somehow he needs to buy it. Even if it's just a portion. Start there then buy the rest out as you go. I love Bowlen but his kids shouldn't take over.

I'd love for Elway to somehow purchase the team, but not all of Bowlen's kids are bad.

Brittany Bowlen, 26, will begin working toward a master’s degree in business administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business this fall after spending 10 months as a business analyst in the Broncos’ finance department. Brittany received a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Notre Dame in 2013 and spent the next two years in a junior rotational program with the NFL.

Jane Elizabeth “Beth” Bowlen Wallace, 45, Pat’s second-oldest daughter with ex-wife Sally Parker, was the team’s director of special projects and events but has not been with the team for the past year as she pursued a law degree at the University of Denver. Beth graduated in May, and it’s unclear if she will return to the team.

Patrick Bowlen III, 32, Pat’s oldest son with current wife Annabel, remains a facilities coordinator with the team’s stadium management company. Amie Bowlen Klemmer, 47, Pat’s other daughter with Parker, lives in Hawaii. Annabel Victoria, 23, a student at the University of Colorado Denver, and Christianna Elizabeth, 18, are Pat’s youngest.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/21/three-of-pat-bowlens-children-no-longer-working-for-broncos/

ShaneFalco
08-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Broncos Owner's Son Is a Wanted Man, Arrest Warrant Issued

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/a39aa82e-b69f-3af9-8ea5-ada0b1e44e82/ss_broncos-owner%27s-son-is-a.html

Davii
08-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Broncos Owner's Son Is a Wanted Man, Arrest Warrant Issued

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/a39aa82e-b69f-3af9-8ea5-ada0b1e44e82/ss_broncos-owner%27s-son-is-a.html

Every family has one... Ok, maybe not every family, but it does seem that way.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 08:19 AM
I'd love for Elway to somehow purchase the team, but not all of Bowlen's kids are bad.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/21/three-of-pat-bowlens-children-no-longer-working-for-broncos/

Sounds to me like you hate Elway and dont want him to ever own the team. Nice one Joe

BroncoJoe
08-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Sounds to me like you hate Elway and dont want him to ever own the team. Nice one Joe

You shut your whore mouth!

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl.

FanInAZ
08-02-2017, 04:59 PM

So the last chance for anyone to marry into the family is Brittany, who's 22 years younger then me.

Simple Jaded
08-02-2017, 10:53 PM
So the last chance for anyone to marry into the family is Brittany, who's 22 years younger then me.

I'd hit it.

tripp
08-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Hasn't this kid always been a shit head? He's always had money, he's probably always been entitled to everything.. sounds like he's just a **** up tbh.

FanInAZ
08-04-2017, 12:08 AM
I'd hit it.

She'd probably file a restraining order against me if I tried asking her out.

FanInAZ
08-04-2017, 12:14 AM
The retired pastor that leads the Thursday morning, who is in his 70s, told us about a talk that his dad (who was a preacher) had with him back when he was 16. Paraphrasing, he was entering a world of vices, some of which could get him in trouble with the law. If he ever got arrested, he's entitled to a phone call, and he should make. However, he'd be better off not wasting it calling his father :shocked:

Simple Jaded
08-04-2017, 01:44 AM

qhmcJ7Zg5ko

Cugel
08-04-2017, 01:57 PM
The Broncos franchise is worth $1.9Billion (as of 2016 evaluation, it's worth more now).

John Elway does not have $2 billion. He's rich but he'd come up about $1.8 billion short if he wanted to buy the team. Rather a lot actually. He could head up a syndicate of other rich guys, perhaps. But, the Bowlen family isn't going to sell majority ownership in the team. The Commissioner just announced that a schedule to name the new Broncos owner will be set. That's the league putting pressure on the Broncos to name a new owner.

BroncoJoe
08-04-2017, 04:30 PM
The Broncos franchise is worth $1.9Billion (as of 2016 evaluation, it's worth more now).

John Elway does not have $2 billion. He's rich but he'd come up about $1.8 billion short if he wanted to buy the team. Rather a lot actually. He could head up a syndicate of other rich guys, perhaps. But, the Bowlen family isn't going to sell majority ownership in the team. The Commissioner just announced that a schedule to name the new Broncos owner will be set. That's the league putting pressure on the Broncos to name a new owner.

Uh, no. Actually he said the exact opposite of what you just said.

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?

slim
08-04-2017, 06:59 PM
He doesn't have 2 billion. lol

Someone doesnt understand how things work.

FanInAZ
08-04-2017, 07:02 PM
qhmcJ7Zg5ko

Um, are you trying to get me tazed :confused:

slim
08-04-2017, 07:04 PM

In fairness to Brittany, we all would.

FanInAZ
08-04-2017, 08:11 PM
In fairness to Brittany, we all would.

What do you mean "we?" I'm not into guys, so you have nothing to worry about.

Cugel
08-04-2017, 10:55 PM
Uh, no. Actually he said the exact opposite of what you just said.

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?

Did you read the commissioner's statement and realize that it's pure gibberish? But whatever dude.

Simple Jaded
08-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Doh!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2017, 01:28 PM
John Bowlen, son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, has surrendered to Glendale police to face claims that he violated conditions of his probation in a domestic violence case by driving drunk in California.

Bowlen, 31, was arrested on July 30 on two misdemeanor drunken driving charges after he was pulled over for passing cars on the median of a California highway at more than 100 mph, officials said.

“It appears he turned himself in at approximately 8 a.m. Saturday morning,” said Glendale Police Chief W.J. Haskins. “I believe he had his attorney with him.”

The arrest triggered a complaint for revocation of probation, according to court documents filed last week. Bail in the probation revocation has been set at $1,287.50, which Bowlen posted.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/07/john-bowlen-glendale-police-surrender/