PDA

View Full Version : Training camp practice / press conference notes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 10:40 AM
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/890197930799374336

Figured I'd get this started now. Football is (almost) back!

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: Summer was "short ... I didn't spend much time away from this place."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Vance Joseph on QB decision: "In my opinion, time allows for a fair competition. Time allows for both guys to put their best foot forward."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "It's a huge deal for our football team. It's a huge deal for those two guys. ... I want the best guy for this football team."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "It would be ideal" to have a QB decision before the third preseason game vs. Green Bay.

Vance Joseph: "That one position won't stop the team from getting better."

Trevor Siemian will handle the first period of first-team reps tomorrow, but Siemian and Lynch will continue to alternate first-team reps.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph on players wanting QB decision sooner: "It does matter what the players think. But it's my job to find best guy for the job"

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Vance Joseph: "Outside of the QB battle, we've got a serious battle at WR, at RB, at LT, at the fifth corner spot."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Joseph on Garett Bolles: "He has to know what to do on every play and block his guy.Simple as that." Will start camp on 1st tm w/ Sambrailo

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Joseph said "Paradis and Gotsis will do drills and walk throughs first week. Charles cleared for everything. But will take it easy"

Vance Joseph, on the QBs: "In my opinion, we've got two guys that we can win with."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 9s10 seconds ago

Vance Joseph: QB choice is going to be "a group decision -- mine and the (coaching) staff & obviously John (Elway) is going to have impact."

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 12:39 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 15s16 seconds ago

Joseph on Gary Kubiak: "He's a Bronco. Most of my coaching principles come from coach Kubiak."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Vance Joseph said that he was consulted on the idea of Kubiak coming back to the organization.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 22s22 seconds ago

Joseph was consulted on Kubiak coming back. "I want as many guys who can help me around me. ... And he should be here. He's a Bronco."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now9 seconds ago

#Broncos VJ "You can't evaluate the football issues of stopping the run and running the football. Blocking and tackling have to perfect"

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now6 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph "You have guys who are very average in shorts and really good in pads." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now7 seconds ago

Vance Joseph: Shaquil Barrett could miss the start of the regular season, but is getting better "really, really fast."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now9 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph on RBs. "CJ, Book taking most of first, second string reps. Jamaal will bounce between first, second, third teams"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now33 seconds ago

Joseph on @cjandersonb22: "He's proven he's an NFL back. He's got to prove he can play 16 games and be the bell-cow back."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now17 seconds ago

Joseph said @cjandersonb22 is in the best shape of his life.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 5s6 seconds ago

Vance Joseph: Andy Janovich "is an important piece of our backfield unit."

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Alright Ladies and Gents, my money is on Aqib Talib!

Buff
07-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Alright Ladies and Gents, my money is on Aqib Talib!

to do what?

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now29 seconds ago

Elway, on the contract: "I'm excited. I appreciate the opportunity that the Broncos have given me ... I was never worried about it."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now9 seconds ago

Elway: "I don't know that there's a better position in the league because of the resources that we're given."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now8 seconds ago

Elway: "We want to keep winning. The goal has not changed."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now5 seconds ago

Elway, on the QBs: "I feel good about that spot ... in my mind we're in a much better position this year."

#Broncos Elway on Off "I am excited about it, and what Mike can do. I don't want to say anything about previous staff.They won championship"

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 41s42 seconds ago

Elway, on the offense: "If you look at where we were last year, I think there's only one way for us to go."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 50s51 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway on QB decision, "Vance and I are going to talk everyday. Ultimately it's Vance's choice." @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14s15 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway on QB position. "Everyone is going to see it. It's going to show up (for a decision to be made)." @DenverChannel

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 17s18 seconds ago

Elway: "When Gary left, he never really left."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 53s54 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway on Kubiak's return. "Gary is a very bright football man. He can bring a lot to us. He's a great evaluator. Big bonus for us"

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 24s25 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway on Kubiak "Football guys can't stay away from football. My dad was that way. I knew he would be back" @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 43s43 seconds ago

Elway: "I think I saw one ranking that had us 24th ... I think we can use those as incentives."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 20s20 seconds ago

Elway: "Obviously our strength is still on the defensive side."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 18s19 seconds ago

Elway: "I think the defense will have a chip on their shoulder this year."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now21 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway "I think we will be better offensively. We are working our way up. If can improve, we know what are defensively"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 4s5 seconds ago

Reporter: Do you buy into the notion of windows, and the window closing on this defense?
Elway: No. I don't believe in windows.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now8 seconds ago

Elway, asked about the left-tackle competition: "I root for the guy that's playing the best to be the starter."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Elway: "We're pleasantly surprised" with the recovery of Shaquil Barrett.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 01:02 PM
to do what?

Fail the conditioning test of course.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: TE Jake Butt's recovery from torn ACL is coming along, but "the mental side of it" is a big part. Hoping he can get back in 4-6 wks.

Elway on Jeff Heuerman: "This would be the year. We're waiting for Jeff to make the big step.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 44s44 seconds ago

Elway on @Terrell_Davis: "I'm thrilled for him. Back in those years when we won those SBs, he was the main reason why."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 18s18 seconds ago

Elway on @Terrell_Davis: "When he played, there was no one better." Elway will be at his HOF enshrinement in Aug.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Dr. Vic Lombardi‏Verified account @VicLombardi now3 seconds ago

Joe Ellis says Elway has been promoted to President of Football Operations/GM. That means he runs the show.

Joe Ellis said Elway's duties will not change with the title change. He retains the title of general manager.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now7 seconds ago

Joe Ellis said he was "not really" concerned that the Elway deal would not get done.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now26 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: "I think [Pat Bowlen] would be pleased" at how John Elway has done running the football ops.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now4 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: "Nothing today to report" on stadium naming rights. "I'm a little disappointed" a deal hasn't happened by now.

Joe Ellis: "I think we have a lot of work to do" to continue making the stadium a destination on game days into the future.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 48s48 seconds ago

Joe Ellis: Stadiums "are only going to get better and we've got to fight to keep up with that."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now10 seconds ago

Joe Ellis, on Pat Bowlen being HoF-worthy: His work "speaks for itself."

underrated29
07-26-2017, 01:29 PM
I doubt it would be talib.

If it were anyone to fail I would go with......fowler

Buff
07-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Fail the conditioning test of course.

Latimer. Then in a couple weeks we can hear about how he got off to a slow start but is really gaining ground on becoming an elite WR.

Freyaka
07-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Latimer. Then in a couple weeks we can hear about how he got off to a slow start but is really gaining ground on becoming an elite WR.

I'd rather we just get off that fail train this season and give his roster spot to someone more deserving.

underrated29
07-26-2017, 01:41 PM
You will eat those words

slim
07-26-2017, 01:43 PM
ST is important and also King's favorite part of the game.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos @DemaryiusT said everyone has to get better around. QBs @DenverChannel

#Broncos @DemaryiusT on working out with Jimmy Butler and Dak Prescott "It was actually Jimmy tagging along bc wanted to play football"

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos DT "Everybody is doubting us... We are excited about this new offense. Motivation has been since missing playoffs" @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Broncos have their conditioning test today. Have to run 10 40s. "First time I've had to do a conditioning test in the NFL," said Thomas.

Demaryius Thomas said [Bennie Fowler] is a totally different player than last year.

#Broncos DT on being longest-tenured player on team. "Eight years. Then behind me is Von Miller and Chris.. it's surprising" @DenverChannel

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos @VonMiller on pass rushing summit. "You don't want to waste anyone's time. We got a lot done." @DenverChannel

#Broncos @VonMiller "I am the DeMarcus Ware. I am not old. But I am the old guy now. I have to be that guy for my team" @DenverChannel

#Broncos @VonMiller said Manning's passing academy set example for rush summit @DenverChannel

Von Miller on why he took a liking to @gbolles72: "It's kinda hard not to like Garett Bolles."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 42s43 seconds ago

Said this for years. @VonMiller is a terrific leader. Friends w everyone in locker room.Is a glue guy who keeps team together @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now52 seconds ago

Von Miller said he'll be posting his conditioning test on snapchat and IG. Because obviously.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Broncos will not see much, if any of rookie QB Chad Kelly this preseason. Starting season on some sort of injury list is possible. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Even with Chad Kelly not expected in camp or preseason, Broncos GM John Elway is not planning to pick up a veteran No. 3 QB. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos want to give virtually all reps to Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch with Kyle Sloter working the No. 3 team. #9sports

Freyaka
07-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Broncos will not see much, if any of rookie QB Chad Kelly this preseason. Starting season on some sort of injury list is possible. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Even with Chad Kelly not expected in camp or preseason, Broncos GM John Elway is not planning to pick up a veteran No. 3 QB. #9sports

Broncos want to give virtually all reps to Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch with Kyle Sloter working the No. 3 team. #9sports
That's the way it should be...I know some around here want to gush over sloter because he's not the other two and they dislike the other two, but they are the two most likely to come out the victor of this battle. So why waste reps on anyone else?

Joel
07-26-2017, 03:42 PM
That's the way it should be...I know some around here want to gush over sloter because he's not the other two and they dislike the other two, but they are the two most likely to come out the victor of this battle. So why waste reps on anyone else?
There's a lot to like about Sloter, but it's all potential, even most of his collegiate "career," and potential doesn't mean jack until/unless realized. The best things he's got going for him are that Siemian and Lynch only have RELATIVELY longer resumes and that he's had to work his ass off ever since HS just to stay on a roster, so he'll just keep fighting. I can definitely envision him taking over and becoming the franchise guy if Siemian and Lynch BOTH have extended stumbles—but that's the ONLY way.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 05:17 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4454/allen-barbre

Barf

Buff
07-26-2017, 05:19 PM

Barf

After last year's o-line debacle - I say let's acquire every bit of depth that we can and let the chips fall where they may. I assume that's Elways philosophy here as well.

GEM
07-26-2017, 05:20 PM
ST is important and also King's favorite part of the game.

Probably won't even make the team and costs us nothing.

NightTerror218
07-26-2017, 05:21 PM

Barf

Have to get depth somewhere

underrated29
07-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Barf?

Its a great move! He is no Yanda, but he is better than what we have. Someone said he was rated higher by PFF than Leary last year. This is a great move.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 05:44 PM
There's that PFF again.

Hey, I'm liking the depth Denver has inside, good player who will provide that 6th OL depth on game day. Unless the come their senses with Garcia and move him to G/C backup.

He's just not my cup of joe, too white. Would rather had Chance Warmack.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 05:53 PM

Barf

I don't know much about him, but we traded a bag of balls for him, so I'm not going to go crazy. Maybe he'll show something.

CoachChaz
07-26-2017, 06:02 PM
There's that PFF again.

Hey, I'm liking the depth Denver has inside, good player who will provide that 6th OL depth on game day. Unless the come their senses with Garcia and move him to G/C backup.

He's just not my cup of joe, too white. Would rather had Chance Warmack.

262 passing snaps last year. 14 hurries and 2 sacks. Sounds like an upgrade to me. Could also move to RT if Watson is a bust.

Also tells me a little about how they feel about McGovern.

VonDoom
07-26-2017, 06:26 PM
262 passing snaps last year. 14 hurries and 2 sacks. Sounds like an upgrade to me. Could also move to RT if Watson is a bust.

Also tells me a little about how they feel about McGovern.

People on the Mane predicting he'll start over Garcia. Not sure about that, but maybe he's good. He is cheap too

Timmy!
07-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Jaded hates white people.....HATES.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Ellis announces Elway promotion, stadium update
Broncos President/CEO Joe Ellis met with the media Wednesday to discuss the naming rights to Sports Authority Field at Mile High, as well as the decision to elevate John Elway to President of Football Operations.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ellis-announces-Elway-promotion-stadium-update/8e69cf4e-b7e4-4f86-94d8-efabec0de59e

Miller to show his style of leadership
Von Miller talks about his pass rusher camp and how he will be a leader on defense this season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Miller_to_show_his_style_of_leadership/8bb5ca9d-346b-41ad-9254-56e04a1ce8a1

Joseph: 'Time allows for a fair [QB] competition'
Head Coach Vance Joseph addresses the quarterback competition and other position battles at the Broncos annual media barbecue.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joseph_Time_allows_for_a_fair_QB_competition/9827bd8d-333e-4ff1-bc7a-eda81a5ebb90

Elway: Broncos in better spot at QB this year
John Elway talks about his new contract and the QB competition heading into training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway_Broncos_in_better_spot_at_QB_this_year/7e78ae7b-a265-42f9-980e-8a1307f4390c

New offense has Thomas excited for training camp
Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas discusses his feelings ahead of 2017 training camp and shares his thoughts on the Broncos' new conditioning test.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/New_offense_has_Thomas_excited_for_training_camp/22e9dd32-ae61-471c-ae2c-937c7bb919e9

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Photos of Broncos arriving at Training Camp

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/The-Broncos-arrive-to-report-for-camp/1777d90a-bf94-49b7-89fc-7dda7d2fb2fb

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 08:39 AM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 41m41 minutes ago

Vance Joseph on QB battle "We're taking our time with this thing" on @1043TheFan now! #Broncos

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 40m40 minutes ago

Vance Joseph on Paxton Lynch "We didn't miss on his talent. He was a 1st round pick for a reason" @1043TheFan #Broncos

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 26m26 minutes ago

Vance Joseph tells @AndyKOASports & @Tyler_Polumbus that he will split the team onto two fields at times to get more reps for Siemian/Lynch.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 25m25 minutes ago

Vance Joseph tells Orange and Blue 760 that Devontae Booker will have surgery Friday and be out for about six weeks.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 24m24 minutes ago

Joseph said Booker could play w/ the wrist, but fixing it is long-term, "quality-of-life" issue. Should still be ready for reg. season.

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 12m12 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe showed up for first day of camp with stomach bug. Was sent home to rest. #9sports

underrated29
07-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 12m12 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe showed up for first day of camp with stomach bug. Was sent home to rest. #9sports

Those damn cheese sticks!

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Matt Paradis, limited this week, out here doing work. Great sign for line. New dude Barbre wearing No. 73 @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 31m31 minutes ago

Early drills and Jamaal Charles moving swiftly, cutting cleanly #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 30m30 minutes ago

Juwan Thompson looks slimmer. Has a chance to impress as a RB with Booker banged up #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago

DeAngelo Henderson catching cleanly. Looks passes into his hands. Burst after the catch #Broncos @1043TheFan

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 27m27 minutes ago

#Broncos RB crew going through drills. I continued to be impressed w how far along Charles is @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 26m26 minutes ago

Paxton throwing with a lot of heat. You can tell he's amped up. #Broncos #TheDecision @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 23m23 minutes ago

Kalif Raymond out here catching passes at #BroncosCamp #Broncos - he's behind after missing offseason with finger injury @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 20m20 minutes ago

Early drills Trevor goes to pass first but Paxton passes get there faster. Fun watching them side by side #Broncos #TheDecision @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 11m11 minutes ago

Paxton playing with a lot of energy, but has had a couple passes too high both short and long. #Broncos @1043TheFan #TheDecision

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:09 AM

#Broncos Shane Ray was off to side stretching w trainer for a moment. Helmet back on now and appears fine @DenverChannel

First team period under way. Garett Bolles gets first look at LT. He is splitting first-team LT reps with Ty Sambrailo as camp opens.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now4 seconds ago

Quick tempo for the offense during this opening team period. Quick huddles, quick snaps. Keeping the practice moving.

With Booker out, Juwan Thompson was the next RB up behind C.J. Anderson. Looks like they'll gradually ease Charles in over coming days.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

First INT of the day -- Marcus Rios with the pick of a Kyle Sloter pass that Isaiah McKenzie bobbled and couldn't bring in.

GEM
07-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Oh yea, my favorite time of the year! :rockon:

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Bc will get asked, Chad Kelly watching practice. Not in uniform. @DenverChannel

Steven Kriz‏ @skrizPO 3m3 minutes ago

Lynch appears to have settled down. Dropping some dimes in 7 on 7. #Broncos

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 29s30 seconds ago

Really like what Ken Ekanem did vs. Sambrailo in 1-on-1 -- nice job going outside, but not too wide. Then in rematch, beat Sambrailo inside.

Legwold on ESPN's site:

Rookie defensive end DeMarcus Walker just walked off field to Broncos locker room with a trainer. He wasn't limping, but will check with coach Vance Joseph after practice. Walker said he trained at altitude for two weeks before camp opened

Buff
07-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Oh great - camp is 5 minutes old and Sambrailo is already getting dusted at LT.

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:28 AM

Sloter with nice work in the 7-on-7, hitting De'Angelo Henderson for a diving TD catch. Best play of that period for the offense.

Sambrailo up at LT this period with the 1s. Again, as Joseph said yesterday, Sambrailo/Bolles splitting work.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now5 seconds ago

Von Miller off the right edge just blew up a play -- forced an errant Siemian throw, ball popped up, Anderson still managed to catch it.

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:29 AM

I have to imagine that Bolles is starting there opening day, but I don't mind them splitting time now. Gotta know what we're working with.

Buff
07-27-2017, 11:36 AM
I have to imagine that Bolles is starting there opening day, but I don't mind them splitting time now. Gotta know what we're working with.

No argument - but all evidence points to Sambrailo being terrible at football is my point.

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:38 AM
No argument - but all evidence points to Sambrailo being terrible at football is my point.

But he bulked up this year! He looks better than ever! Haven't you heard?

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Nice pass -- Lynch to Anderson, wheel route, back of the end zone -- well placed, and they celebrate with a jump near the goal line.

Nice catch by Anthony Nash -- Chris Lewis-Harris with aggressive coverage, Nash got free to grab the TD pass from Kyle Sloter.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 32s32 seconds ago

Nice cutback by C.J. Anderson -- reads the hole well, turned upfield, touchdown in a goal-to-go drill.

Von Miller blows it up again -- off the edge, gets to Lynch, would have likely been a sack under game conditions.

MOtorboat
07-27-2017, 12:14 PM
So everyone passed conditioning? That's disappointing. I used to get a kick out of the drama produced out of a conditioning test on Kansas City radio when I lived there.

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 30m30 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch with a lot to celebrate today. Nerves have calmed down and he's delivered on red zone plays #Broncos #TheDecision @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago

Isaiah McKenzie is handling all the punt returns today.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Chris Harris Jr. joins Talib and Roby in making a play on the ball, breaking up a Siemian 7-on-7 attempt to Sanders near the left pylon.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Kasim Edebali and Zach Kerr both looking quick during 1-on-1 work.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 15m15 minutes ago

Wow. Broncos end day 1 an hour early

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 12:23 PM

#Broncos Talib "our intensity is regular again. Last year wasn't regular." @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

RB Devontae Booker to have wrist surgery Friday to repair fracture. Out six weeks. #9sports

#Broncos Joseph on QBs. "Both guys in command in huddle. Thought really good practice first time out" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos DeMarcus Walker was revved up and overheated. "Sad couldn't finish practice. But no big deal" @DenverChannel

Vance Joseph said Allen Barbre competing with Max Garcia for a job: "Absolutely. He's competing for a guard spot. He'll be in the mix."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8s9 seconds ago

Pads on Sunday for Broncos. "That's why camp is critical. The true evaluation really starts with pads on," Joseph said.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now8 seconds ago

Everyone passed #Broncos fitness test. First day in pads is Sunday. @DenverChannel

Freyaka
07-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Ya, but on the bright side, it sounds like Lynch is still doing well now that the pads are on.

Buff
07-27-2017, 12:57 PM
So everyone passed conditioning? That's disappointing. I used to get a kick out of the drama produced out of a conditioning test on Kansas City radio when I lived there.

If we would have had conditioning tests while Pot Roast was still here that woulda been something.

MOtorboat
07-27-2017, 01:03 PM
If we would have had conditioning tests while Pot Roast was still here that woulda been something.

In KC, it was always one or two guys, and on the first full day of practice, they'd be running the conditioning test again and local media would roundly shame them. It was hilarious.

Cugel
07-27-2017, 01:08 PM
I'd rather we just get off that fail train this season and give his roster spot to someone more deserving.

That is totally going to happen to Latimer unless he takes a big step up this season!

But, before you write him totally off, you need to remember that he's always had superb physical tools. It's never been a question of talent, rather a question of focus and learning the system so he can play FAST.

He's always played mentally SLOW on Sundays. And that's the reason for his failure. The one advantage a WR has is he knows the route, his adjustments and the snap count, so he can get a jump on the defenders. It's hard to cover a speedy athletic guy who gets a quick jump on the defense and gets out in space. Latimer handicapped himself with that slow thinking on the field.

We should get a pretty good read in the next few weeks whether Latimer has made big strides during this off-season (as he claims) or whether that's all just bull and he's headed for Jacksonville (they always seem to pick up Broncos cast-offs and FAs).

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 01:13 PM

Siemian said it took "a couple of periods" of practice to knock the rust off today.

Siemian: "Hopefully the No. 13 that rolls out of the locker room tomorrow is better than the slappy that rolled out of there today."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now22 seconds ago

#Broncos Siemian appreciated the blink-and-you-miss practice pace of Joseph @DenverChannel

#Broncos Siemian said can take "let it rip mentality". Had it when arrived as 7th rd pick "bc I already had 1 foot out door" @DenverChannel

VonDoom
07-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch: "I'd say I'm a lot more comfortable in this scheme -- not just because of the scheme but because I've had a year experience."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch says @cjandersonb22 has helped him "a lot" in grasping the scheme. Says Anderson is another QB on the field.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch said enjoys playing with passion. His dream remains to start in this league @DenverChannel

ShaneFalco
07-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Who is #1?

I keep seeing him take QB reps.

Looks like a little twig compared to big boss siemian.

MOtorboat
07-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Who is #1?

I keep seeing him take QB reps.

Looks like a little twig compared to big boss siemian.

Isn't that the dude from UNC? Sloter, Slater, Camp Fodder. Something like that.

ShaneFalco
07-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Isn't that the dude from UNC? Sloter, Slater, Camp Fodder. Something like that.

ah yea that sounds right. Guy looks super skinny.

Siemian bulked up compared to last year. More muscular.

i bet he fries eggs on his 6 pack.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Anthony Nash is a sleeper to make PS, great size and speed.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2017, 03:58 PM

Who said they want Sloter to compete for starter reps?

Freyaka
07-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Who said they want Sloter to compete for starter reps?

The people that think he's going to go into the season our starter. (yes they do exist)

topscribe
07-28-2017, 12:30 AM
The people that think he's going to go into the season our starter. (yes they do exist)
Well, not this year, certainly, and probably not next. But eventually, who knows? Sloter comes
out of my alma mater where he did have some impressive performances. Of course, whether
that will translate to the NFL remains to be seen.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

Team period begins. Lynch up first today. Bolles up first at LT.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

Nice read by Siemian with the second team to scan the field & find an open Taylor underneath to the left side, easy touchdown for No. 87.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 58m58 minutes ago

Biggest play of the 7-on-7 period -- Lynch hitting Latimer on a deep post in front of Langley.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 57m57 minutes ago

Nice work from Elijah Wilkinson in 1-on-1 OL/DL period. Good base, not too wide. Difficult for Shakir Soto, who went against him, to move.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 51m51 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo up at LT to start this period. Bolles and Sambrailo continuing to rotate.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 50m50 minutes ago

As "Disco Inferno" plays, Shane Ray is on fire, flames shooting from him as he sizzles around the right side for what would've been a sack.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 47m47 minutes ago

Doss near INT off Siemian. Pass into traffic, Siemian trying to thread needle on post down the seam. Doss got a hand on it

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 39m39 minutes ago

Bradley Roby with the end-zone INT. Siemian with the playfake, looks deep for Sanders, Roby grabs it.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 37m37 minutes ago

Nice sliding grab by Jordan Taylor on a crossing route. Slid to get the ball. Like Jerry Smith, the great TE for the Redskins in the 1960s.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 35m35 minutes ago

Pocket collapsing from edge as Dora pushed back Scheu, so Lynch made a good decision to step up & take off. Long gain with his feet.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Carlos Henderson just fielded a kickoff and showed the straight-line speed evident on film at La. Tech. Gets from A to B in a hurry.

Leary and Wolfe might not mix it up, but they'll have some good one-on-one duels. Neither one gives a millimeter.

Lynch had a perfectly placed pass to start this 7-on-7 red-zone period, then a couple of shaky ones, including a near INT by Talib.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago

Nice pass to C.J. Anderson from Siemian -- fade, back right corner of end zone, past Nelson. Perfectly placed ball.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Two passes, two TDs for Siemian with 2s (and against No. 2 D) in 7-on-7--followed pass to Anderson w/ toss to Taylor, nice grab in coverage

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

#Broncos doing on 7-on-7 and Individual drills. Will say this @VonMiller's talent is breathtaking. Tough matchup for Watson. Or everyone

Looks like @VonMiller wants to take some kick returns. He's running forward in drill. Hasn't caught Kick yet. Still Time :) @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 51m51 minutes ago

#Broncos Wolfe showing no signs of illness. Taking his first-team reps. He has added muscle this year. So too has Crick @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 51m51 minutes ago

#Broncos McKenzie makes tough catch. He's slippery in space. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

#Broncos @VonMiller wrecks play. Shock. Siemian throws pick to Roby on long pass intended for Sanders @DenverChannel ...overthrew it

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 37m37 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch twice today has tucked ball under and run for good yardage. Said for weeks that is X factor for him @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

Don't feel badly Watson. @VonMiller went by Sambrailo without being touched. Miller, if possible, looks better than last yr @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

As mentioned by my terrific Twitter village, @VonMiller's offseason totally different. Been w team in practices,etc @DenverChannel

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Slow down Von. It's a long season

NightTrainLayne
07-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Why in the world would Von be returning kick-offs? Seems silly.

Poet
07-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Doss was close to getting some picks...

Buff
07-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Why in the world would Von be returning kick-offs? Seems silly.

I took it as him being a clown out there. Not as him actually trying to get himself on the kick return team.

But yeah, the last thing we need is him to get hurt dicking around.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 01:29 PM
I took it as him being a clown out there. Not as him actually trying to get himself on the kick return team.

But yeah, the last thing we need is him to get hurt dicking around.

Yeah, maybe it didn't come across in that particular tweet, but it was mostly just, dare I say, Von being Von.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Mason is usually very even handed (as in, he doesn't have a "guy") in the QB competition, so this is telling:

Johnathon Mcmanis‏ @PapaJohnMcmanis

@MaseDenver thoughts on qb play today?

Andrew Mason Retweeted Johnathon Mcmanis

Lynch had upper hand. Continues to make quicker/better decisions. Siemian skittish mid-practice, got momentum at end, but it was v. 2nd tm.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 25m25 minutes ago

After Menelik Watson got schooled by @VonMiller in back-to-back reps, he asked for a third. Did better. That's good sign. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos' Wolfe returned for Thursday's afternoon practice. Looked vicious today. Stomach illness was caused, he said, by eating crab legs

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

Multiple defensive guys told me they are impressed w versatility, unpredictability of new #Broncos offense.See shades of #Chargers, #Raiders

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

@VonMiller was best player on field today. Watching him, I wonder if he would have been the best player on any field, anywhere.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 21m21 minutes ago

DeAngelo Henderson has a great skill set for this offense. Compact. Shifty. Burst. Elusive. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

Another strong day for C.J. Anderson. De'Angelo Henderson is quick, decisive. Want to see what he does with pads on.

Poet
07-28-2017, 01:33 PM
We're winning the Super Bowl this year.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

@ChrisHarrisJr said loves McCoy offense. "We needed the competition" @DenverChannel

Ryan Koenigsberg‏ @RyanKoenigsberg 11m11 minutes ago

CHJ: "When you see Paxton, you have to cover longer because he can extend it. He had a great scramble today."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Chris Harris Jr. - said he's impressed with rookie RB DeAngelo Henderson. #9sports

#Broncos Harris said Von should be able to play more snaps bc of conditioning. Scary thought

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

@ESanders_10 "being in this city, it's championship or nothing" @Broncos @DenverChannel said results showed intensity waned last year

#Broncos' Sanders watching QB competition like the rest of us "Both of them want job. We will see who can ball during games" @DenverChannel

Emmanuel Sanders said the No. 3 WR job is Bennie Fowler's job to lose.

#Broncos Sanders looking forward to pads Sunday. "It's where separate boys from men" @DenverChannel

G_Money
07-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account
@NickiJhabvala

.@ChrisHarrisJr: "I like 33 (@DHenderson31), man. He's the guy that's impressed me."
11:26 AM - 28 Jul 2017
---------------------------

And so it begins.

Freyaka
07-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Mason is usually very even handed (as in, he doesn't have a "guy") in the QB competition, so this is telling:

Johnathon Mcmanis‏ @PapaJohnMcmanis

@MaseDenver thoughts on qb play today?

Lynch had upper hand. Continues to make quicker/better decisions. Siemian skittish mid-practice, got momentum at end, but it was v. 2nd tm.

Lynch seems to be taking the lead and Trev seems to be basically just falling on his face. At this point, it's a long pre-season and we haven't even played a single pre-season game. Not starting off good in the TS camp though.

I will say though, I've talked to some friends who were actually there, Lynch threw some god awful passes as well, it's not all sunshines and skittle farts for him.

Poet
07-28-2017, 02:08 PM
Lynch seems to be taking the lead and Trev seems to be basically just falling on his face. At this point, it's a long pre-season and we haven't even played a single pre-season game. Not starting off good in the TS camp though.

I will say though, I've talked to some friends who were actually there, Lynch threw some god awful passes as well, it's not all sunshines and skittle farts for him.

TS has had some nice moments - but whatever Lynch does that's good will get overblown because people expect him to be the starter. It's like a sort of vicarious self-fulfilling prophecy.

From what was posted, both guys had some picks or 'should have been picks'.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 02:21 PM

I think one of Mason's tweets I posted says that Lynch had some struggles as well. But it sounds like he's doing really well in general. That's why I posted that source - if it was Cecil, or anyone from MHR, I'd say it was a clear bias, seeing what they want to see. But if someone who has been objective says it, that carries some weight with me.

Freyaka
07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
I think one of Mason's tweets I posted says that Lynch had some struggles as well. But it sounds like he's doing really well in general. That's why I posted that source - if it was Cecil, or anyone from MHR, I'd say it was a clear bias, seeing what they want to see. But if someone who has been objective says it, that carries some weight with me.

Yea, Mason is generally unbiased. I like Mason a lot, Cecil just gets on my nerves, but news is news even if it's news that has a bit of a slanted take on it. Thanks for doing all you do! You and Carol both!

Poet
07-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I remember when Frey responded to me.

BroncoJoe
07-28-2017, 04:40 PM

He Hate U.

NightTerror218
07-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Sounds like lynchs momentum is continuing from OTAs. This will heat up with pads. I am excited to see dual unfold.

Poet
07-28-2017, 05:02 PM
He Hate U.

He hates the style.

I'm excited! Lynch Mo... erhm... Lynch Gan...cough

Lynch fan?

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Shane Ray out 6-8 weeks with a torn ligament in his wrist. Now that one sucks! He was doing great according to the reports

ShaneFalco
07-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Shane Ray out 6-8 weeks with a torn ligament in his wrist. Now that one sucks! He was doing great according to the reports

:tsk:

Poet
07-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 30m

Vance Joseph said Shane Ray wore a brace today in practice. Injury sustained yesterday.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 31m

Broncos already without Shaq Barrett (hip)

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 32m

Vance Joseph said he'll meet with John Elway about their options with a potential roster move.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 33m

Shane Ray to have surgery tomorrow.

Timmy!
07-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Lame. At least it's a wrist and not a knee or something. Hopefully he will be back week 1 or 2.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Nicki Jhabvala:

Vance Joseph said he hopes to get Shane Ray back by Week 3 @ Buffalo. That's also when they expect Shaq Barrett back.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 06:29 PM
If we're missing both Ray and Barrett for the first two weeks, we're going to need another pass rusher. Think we could convince Ware to play a few weeks?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Who else do we have that can play the first two weeks? Any promising rookies?

NightTerror218
07-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Well that sure sucks.

VonDoom
07-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 17m17 minutes ago

There will be speculation the Broncos may place a call to DeMarcus Ware, but I see them going in another direction. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 15m15 minutes ago

Rare to have a HC come out after walkthrough to update reporters. Good of Vance Joseph to fill us in on Shane Ray's injury.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

Told #Broncos are calling around, looking at all options. I would not be surprised if Freeney is among those they check in on @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Older vet options on open market to include Trent Cole, Dwight Freeney & Paul Kruger. Plenty of conditional-pick trade possibilities, too.

Issue is depth: #Broncos like Edebali. Dora has shown potential. But missing Ware, Barrett and Ray. Could use another guy. @DenverChannel

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 08:49 PM
If Dora ever becomes more than a curiosity it'll be in spite of marginal talent.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 09:15 PM
We're winning the Super Bowl this year.

Knock on wood.......

Tned
07-28-2017, 10:19 PM
Yikes, I forgot about Barrett's hip problem.

MOtorboat
07-28-2017, 10:41 PM
I've been out for a few hours. Anyone else hurt?

Hawgdriver
07-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Walker was hypoxic.

Davii
07-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Thank God he'll be back early in the year. That sucks.

topscribe
07-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Yea, Mason is generally unbiased. I like Mason a lot, Cecil just gets on my nerves, but news is news even if it's news that has a bit of a slanted take on it. Thanks for doing all you do! You and Carol both!
Well, our own Ziggy says it's his impression that the two are still running close, and I don't think Zig is very biased. The FO seems to back him up. Joseph indicates neither has made a clear separation yet.

Davii
07-29-2017, 12:53 AM
Well, our own Ziggy says it's his impression that the two are still running close, and I don't think Zig is very biased. The FO seems to back him up. Joseph indicates neither has made a clear separation yet.

I actually think that bodes well for Paxton. If he's neck and neck with a guy with a year starting experience on him and still has a lot of room for growth he has a clear advantage if he can capitalize.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Im cautiously optimistic

Poet
07-29-2017, 01:24 AM
Lynch is going to the Pro Bowl.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-29-2017, 01:32 AM
In 2019

BroncoJoe
07-29-2017, 08:29 AM
He hates the style.

I'm excited! Lynch Mo... erhm... Lynch Gan...cough

Lynch fan?

Of course. I'm a big fan of anyone who wears Orange and Blue, and I'll be a huge supporter of whoever ends up starting.

VonDoom
07-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Saw this from Adam Caplan on Twitter:

Per @OSMG_LLC, #Broncos signing LB Danny Mason, who was with them 2 years ago.

Tned
07-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Lynch is going to the Pro Bowl.

Yes, I read he's already bought tickets for him and his girlfriend to watch those actually selected.

Buff
07-29-2017, 10:39 AM
https://twitter.com/ThefakeUR29/status/891315351773990913

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 11:02 AM

I only respond M-F normally...It's a busy month for me, had VBS at church that my wife was running and I was heavily involved with, had my finals last week and a new research and sadisti...I mean statistics class this week... I normally post when i'm working.

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 11:04 AM
TS has had some nice moments - but whatever Lynch does that's good will get overblown because people expect him to be the starter. It's like a sort of vicarious self-fulfilling prophecy.

From what was posted, both guys had some picks or 'should have been picks'.

Camp is always "so and sos made a mistake, he's struggling, the other guy scored a TD oh! He's got the edge...Uh oh He just threw an interception, the competition is heating up"

We'll see what pre-season1 brings to the table and move forward from there.

Poet
07-29-2017, 11:29 AM
I only respond M-F normally...It's a busy month for me, had VBS at church that my wife was running and I was heavily involved with, had my finals last week and a new research and sadisti...I mean statistics class this week... I normally post when i'm working.

Excuses are for the weak!!!!!!111

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Camp is always "so and sos made a mistake, he's struggling, the other guy scored a TD oh! He's got the edge...Uh oh He just threw an interception, the competition is heating up"

We'll see what pre-season1 brings to the table and move forward from there.

Not this year. Sideline player executions for failure. Cranking up the intensity.

Ok, maybe that's not funny. I'm a dark and twisted individual.

Tned
07-29-2017, 11:38 AM
Anyone know if NFL network will be live at Broncos today and if so, what time is Broncos on field practice scheduled?

Tned
07-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Ok, have NFL Network on and they said coming up was talking Broncos and their QB battle and whether it's the only question the Broncos have.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Anyone know if NFL network will be live at Broncos today and if so, what time is Broncos on field practice scheduled?

Schedule says from 9:30 to Noon. On the NFL network it states they are reporting from various training camps.

Locally they are reporting on Orange and Blue https://www.iheart.com/live/orange-and-blue-760-381/?autoplay=true

Slick
07-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Ok, have NFL Network on and they said coming up was talking Broncos and their QB battle and whether it's the only question the Broncos have.

That's pretty much it for me.

MOtorboat
07-29-2017, 12:24 PM
You can't get this type of analysis anywhere else.

https://twitter.com/thefakeur29/status/891347539995353090

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Hey MO, are you excited that we ended up getting Romo after all? The rookie free agent version, not the accomplished but beat up vet.

MOtorboat
07-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Hey MO, are you excited that we ended up getting Romo after all? The rookie free agent version, not the accomplished but beat up vet.

Who are you referring to? Sloter?

I have no shame over wanting Romo.

Poet
07-29-2017, 01:02 PM

If we had Romo we'd be the best team in the league, and easily the best in the AFC.

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 01:20 PM

I am referring to Sloter. I'm not serious.

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 01:21 PM
If we had Romo we'd be the best team in the league, and easily the best in the AFC.

Is that like best in the universe, and even in the solar system?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-29-2017, 01:22 PM

This post is gold!

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Who else do we have that can play the first two weeks? Any promising rookies?

We've got Dora and Edbali

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-29-2017, 01:27 PM

So, Edbali?

Poet
07-29-2017, 01:30 PM

No. Just the league. I'm sure there are some baller teams on Mars and Pluto.

VonDoom
07-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Sounds like Siemian was good today and Lynch struggled a bit

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2017, 02:08 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Leary said "We need to be physical and knock some guys around" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14m

It was just one day, yes. But #Broncos' Trevor Siemian won Saturday in QB derby. What's up next? @DenverChannel http://bit.ly/2vT85M5

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 47m

RB Bernard Pierce will be down a couple days with a hamstring injury. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 59m
Replying to @MikeKlis

Vance Joseph said he would not subject Isaiah McKenzie's (slight) body to KO return. That's for Cody Latimer/Carlos Henderson. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 1h

Vance Joseph said Kasim Edebali is No 1 pass rushing OLB in place of Shane Ray. #9sports

Quick Day 3 observation: Trevor was Trevor. Paxton struggled. #9sports

Isaiah McKenzie put in a punt return show. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h

Kyle Sloter taking 3rd team reps with Ridley, Derby, Barbre, Carlos and DeAngelo Henderson #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3h

Garett Bolles takes first 1st team rep again. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3h

Bernard Pierce not practicing #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4h

stingray56's photo https://instagram.com/p/BXIWE5El_l6/ Shane Ray message following wrist injury #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4h

Emmanuel Sanders assessment of first 2 days of camp: "Its been balanced. The defense is talking smack. We’re talking smack.'' #9sports

MOtorboat
07-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14m

It was just one day, yes. But #Broncos' Trevor Siemian won Saturday in QB derby. What's up next? @DenverChannel http://bit.ly/2vT85M5

Sunday?

Simple Jaded
07-29-2017, 03:27 PM

Garett Bolles is faster than Dora, seriously, I don't get the Dora fascination.

topscribe
07-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Bolles is faster than a lot of people with a 4.9 40. That's something for an offensive lineman . . .

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 04:54 PM

I didn't say I was fascinated by him, just said he was there. Calm your tits Jaded.

Simple Jaded
07-29-2017, 06:04 PM
I didn't say I was fascinated by him, just said he was there. Calm your tits Jaded.

#gauntlet

Simple Jaded
07-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Bolles is faster than a lot of people with a 4.9 40. That's something for an offensive lineman . . .

Dora runs a 5.1, that's good for an OT, it's pedestrian for an OLB.

ShaneFalco
07-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Team Lynch Step Aside.

Team Big Boss Siemian is here to stay.

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 06:55 PM
#gauntlet

http://i.imgur.com/SlbxaWA.gif

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Dora runs a 5.1, that's good for an OT, it's pedestrian for an OLB.

That's dang near Rich Eisen in a suit and tie slow...

Freyaka
07-29-2017, 06:57 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/47464/318811/opz81EOuXRSyZ8A/BIGRICH.gif

Simple Jaded
07-29-2017, 07:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SlbxaWA.gif

EpKa2ARS8tU

Simple Jaded
07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
The best part of Eisen is his arms and legs are completely independent of each other and going different speeds, you could do that if you tried.

MOtorboat
07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
He's got the team talk down already:

https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/891446394694770688

MOtorboat
07-30-2017, 09:44 AM
NFLN just flashed that they'll be doing some live stuff at camp today, starting at 9:30 MT.

underrated29
07-30-2017, 10:28 AM
NFLN just flashed that they'll be doing some live stuff at camp today, starting at 9:30 MT.

I thought that was them. Didn't remember seeing that many video cameras before.

Tned
07-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Real nice, fairly long interview that TD did with Elway about an hour ago.

Tned
07-30-2017, 12:01 PM
When TD asked Elway what McCoy's offense would be. He said lots of formations. He said its an extension of what McCoy did with Manning. Said that when Manning came, what Manning did/wanted was not what McCoy had done before. However, since they are looking at using that and taking it to another level, clearly Broncos and McCoy like what Manning brought to Denver.

VonDoom
07-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Mason:

Vance Joseph was not pleased at all with the QBs and minced no words. Really like Joseph's cascade of candor about his QBs' shaky play.

Jhabvala:

Reporter: "Vance, did you like what you saw from the QBs today?"
Vance Joseph: "Not really."

Renck:

Offense was overmatched today in every way. @DenverChannel

RunYouOver
07-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Mason:

Vance Joseph was not pleased at all with the QBs and minced no words. Really like Joseph's cascade of candor about his QBs' shaky play.

Jhabvala:

Reporter: "Vance, did you like what you saw from the QBs today?"
Vance Joseph: "Not really."

Renck:

Offense was overmatched today in every way. @DenverChannel

Bit of a double-edged sword. I believe we have the top defense in football, so I would expect an inexperienced offense (at least one led by inexperienced QB's) to consistently struggle against them. If we're rooting for the offense to look better as a whole, I would almost be worried that our defense isn't as elite as I thought it was.

Having said that, of course there are ways to look good or improved without having the other side look bad, and that's what we're looking for. The best thing we have going for us is that our offense gets to practice against a top defense. Might be frustrating for them, but should make for great experience and hopefully translate well against lower quality defenses in the regular season.

MOtorboat
07-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Bit of a double-edged sword. I believe we have the top defense in football, so I would expect an inexperienced offense (at least one led by inexperienced QB's) to consistently struggle against them. If we're rooting for the offense to look better as a whole, I would almost be worried that our defense isn't as elite as I thought it was.

Having said that, of course there are ways to look good or improved without having the other side look bad, and that's what we're looking for. The best thing we have going for us is that our offense gets to practice against a top defense. Might be frustrating for them, but should make for great experience and hopefully translate well against lower quality defenses in the regular season.

He said basically that in his interview with Terrell Davis on NFLN. "Now, our defense is stout. But we've got to get better on offense" was I believe the exact quote.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2017, 07:52 PM
2 things I've taken note of during camp this year:

- VJ has a smooth baritone "R&B baby making music" voice which I find highly pleasurable during pressers.

- I had forgotten how damned big the smilin assasin was. Watching Atwater interview TD was shocking. TD isn't exactly a small guy. I miss Atwater but it's great that he's back in the organization where he belongs.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 04:09 AM
2 things I've taken note of during camp this year:

- VJ has a smooth baritone "R&B baby making music" voice which I find highly pleasurable during pressers.

- I had forgotten how damned big the smilin assasin was. Watching Atwater interview TD was shocking. TD isn't exactly a small guy. I miss Atwater but it's great that he's back in the organization where he belongs.

How many questions did Atwater Whiff on?

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 08:51 AM
Peter King was at the Broncos' facility on Friday to watch their camp. He talked about that a bit in his new MMQB. Here's a talk he had with Elway:

In six seasons as GM, Elway’s Denver teams are 40 games over .500 (including playoffs). Only New England has won more games in the last six years than Denver. And I wondered: When most superstars don’t want to get up early and stay late on the front-office side of things, why does Elway do it?

“I could never get away from the competitive side of the game, or being competitive,” said Elway, tanned and looking relaxed on the verge of his seventh season running the team. “When I did get away, I had car dealerships and all those type of things, but the competitive side of me wanted to be back involved in some way to where you can have an impact on, or help have an impact on, some games and be involved with it. My gut has been right a lot of the time. I can look at tape and you can evaluate and all those things. I know what I like in coaches, I know what I like in players, I know what I like in the locker room.

“But I will say this, and I say it all the time. This job is lonely at times, because you do have to be the bad guy at times. That’s the thing about leadership. I look at leadership as a quarterback and I look at leadership as a general manager, and that's two different types of leadership. When you are a quarterback, you're working with whoever is in that locker room, so you learn how to get along with everybody and understand the personalities and also work at getting the most out of everybody who is around you as a quarterback. And then as a GM, you're not in that locker room, but you’re having to make the decisions determining who is going into that locker room. So therefore, you are going to have to make unpopular decisions because of the relationships that are created in that locker room no matter what. As hard as the decisions are, every one that I make is made with the idea that the most important thing is the Denver Broncos and our mission of trying to compete for world championships.

“Think you’ll be a football lifer?” I asked. “Or could this contract be your last?”

“If you want to get in this business, it’s the same way as a player as it is in my position: You’re either in or you’re out. There is no halfway in doing this. You can’t sit there and try to take the summer off and come in after training camp and then oversee everything and try to dictate different moves on the team if you’re not totally engaged. If I feel I can’t do it every single day and be 100 percent engaged, then I will step away. We’ve got this five-year deal, and you can say, well that looks like it might be the last one, but who knows how I am going to feel at 62? We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/31/nfl-training-camps-tour-cowboys-broncos-rams-chargers-peter-king

NightTrainLayne
07-31-2017, 11:35 AM
How many questions did Atwater Whiff on?

Post reported. That is one of the most offensive things I've ever read on this board.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 11:55 AM

#Broncos Leary on field but not practicing. Injured groin on Saturday. Stephenson and D. Henderson back @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1h1 hour ago

Don't see Bernard Pierce at Broncos practice.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 38m38 minutes ago

#Broncos running ball well in 1s vs 1s. D Henderson gets to the edge and runs into Talib, knocking him down @DenverChannel

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 35m35 minutes ago

Stevan Ridley now running with second team offense. CJ Anderson got some medical attention. Doesn't appear serious. #9sports

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

Really good work from Andy Janovich during that period. Some of the best runs for both the 1st & 2nd team were sprung by Janovich.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

C.J. Anderson back in for the next period.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Juwan Thompson w nice series. Catches swing pass and follows w nice run @DenverChannel

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 32m32 minutes ago

Nice job by Lynch in red zone play -- fade to Virgil Green, well-placed ball, beats tight coverage, 10-yard touchdown in the right corner.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Lynch fielded a low snap on the TD to Green ... snap hit the ground, he fielded it cleanly and got it.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Lynch now with another TD, hitting C.J. Anderson in the left flat.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Doss and Lewis-Harris forced an incompletion ... arrived at Jordan Taylor in the back of the end zone with the ball, prevented the TD.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago

Nice catch by Kalif Raymond ... diving catch in the end zone, wide open, reached out and dove for the TD grab from Sloter.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

So clearly DeMarcus Walker has been heeding Von Miller's advice. Just bent under a tackle during one-on-ones. Very Von-esque.

Lynch "throwing rocks" in the bowling parlance of Donny in "The Big Lebowski" in that period. Good passes, lot of zip under pressure.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 11:59 AM

Loud cheers as Siemian hits Marlon Brown on the deep post ... smoothly executed playfake, found him downfield for a 40-yard gain.

Arnie Stapleton‏Verified account @arniestapleton 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos' Wolfe hasn't returned since throwing helmet and tearing off gloves. Trainers looked at him but he didn't go inside @AP_NFL

Nice run by Ridley to the right, but I don't think it happens if Danny Mason isn't held, preventing him from making the stop.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos offense has, so far, bounced back.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now5 seconds ago

Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

Paxton threw back-to-back picks right after I tweeted this. Don't @ me. It's not my fault.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 6s6 seconds ago

Simmons with the INT in 7-on-7, picking off Lynch, who misfires into the end zone on a pass for Latimer.

Back-to-back INTs off Lynch for the second-team D in 7-on-7 red-zone work -- Simmons, then Corey Nelson.

Poet
07-31-2017, 12:06 PM
Lynch being a little inconsistent, to be expected. TS looks good, glad to hear he finally hit a deep ball.

Hawgdriver
07-31-2017, 12:10 PM
Garett Bolles takes first 1st team rep again. #9sports

Lammey on 104.3 said Bolles looking good today, handling his assignment against Von well.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 5s6 seconds ago

Fight time ... Zaire Anderson shoved Stevan Ridley out of bounds. Ty Sambrailo didn't like it, so Sambrailo & Anderson tangled.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now16 seconds ago

Sambrailo clearly standing up for what he felt was a wrong committed against Ridley, his offensive teammate. Like seeing that attitude.

NightTerror218
07-31-2017, 12:31 PM
https://twitter.com/broncotiz/status/891029091473805312

Lynch pass in camp.

MOtorboat
07-31-2017, 12:35 PM
I thought people were joking about Ridley being on the team.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 12:53 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 25m25 minutes ago

Todd Davis engulfs C.J. Anderson on two consecutive running plays. With Peko occupying blockers, Davis has space to attack this year.

Isaiah McKenzie muffs a punt. Has to be careful with that. Capable of some spectacular stuff, but job No. 1 is to cleanly field the ball.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

Two 4th-&-goal plays -- first one, Lynch & No. 1 off. vs. No. 1 D, ends in a sack. Siemian & No. 2 off. vs. No. 2 D ends in Taylor drop.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 12m12 minutes ago

Previous to fight, #Broncos AJ Derby ran over rookie Jamal Carter. Didn't help him up after the play. @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 12m12 minutes ago

#Broncos offensive line with some spirit today. Constantly saw CJ Anderson getting to the LB level. @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago

Garrett Bolles having a very good day. Moved Von around the edge 1on1 (once) still learning to counter inside moves. @1043TheFan

Over the last 3 days, #Broncos Carlos Henderson has looked better. Pads come on & his RAC ability shines @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago

Good to see DeAngelo Henderson back out there. #Broncos rookie showing no signs of ankle injury that kept him out Sunday. @1043TheFan

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 01:00 PM

Derek Wolfe has a stinger. Again.

Vance Joseph said Wolfe's stinger isn't serious. Expected back Wednesday (they have off tomorrow).

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19s19 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on QBs: "It wasn't perfect but it was better than yesterday. ... I'm looking for decision-making."

#Broncos Joseph said Paradis and Gotsis will be in some team drills on Wednesday. Charles will be worked in on 7 on 7 @DenverChannel

#Broncos Joseph liked the idea behind Sambrailo sticking up for Ridley. But there's a balance @Broncos

#Broncos Joseph said D. henderson showed flashes. "He's bigger guy but can get skinny in the hole" @DenverChannel

#Broncos Joseph said staff will meet w Elway and discuss any changes with practice, personnel @DenverChannel

NightTerror218
07-31-2017, 01:05 PM
A lot of little injuries so far.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 01:21 PM

#Broncos ST coach Olivo said McKenzie is a "budding pro. He takes it seriously" @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Brock Olivo , who coached Tyreek Hill in KC, says he sees a bit of him in Isaiah McKenzie -- the quickness and burst and toughness.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Olivo "Speed and toughness win in the NFL. We Have to play fast on special teams" @DenverChannel

Broncos ST coach Brock Olivo: "I LOVE Jano (Andy Janovich). If we had 22 Janovichs we'd be OK."

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 01:55 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Bolles said yesterday's offensive performance was unacceptable. Offense finished strong today @DenverChannel

#Broncos Bolles "You have to be fast off the ball. This is not college" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos Bolles "the QBs are like my wife, you touch them you are going to be trouble" @DenverChannel

GEM
07-31-2017, 03:02 PM

Vance Joseph said Wolfe's stinger isn't serious. Expected back Wednesday (they have off tomorrow).

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19s19 seconds ago

Vance Joseph on QBs: "It wasn't perfect but it was better than yesterday. ... I'm looking for decision-making."

#Broncos Joseph said Paradis and Gotsis will be in some team drills on Wednesday. Charles will be worked in on 7 on 7 @DenverChannel

#Broncos Joseph liked the idea behind Sambrailo sticking up for Ridley. But there's a balance @Broncos

#Broncos Joseph said D. henderson showed flashes. "He's bigger guy but can get skinny in the hole" @DenverChannel

#Broncos Joseph said staff will meet w Elway and discuss any changes with practice, personnel @DenverChannel

http://scout.com/nfl/broncos/Bolt/Derek-Wolfe-blasts-reporter-on-Twitter-after-injury-news-105659531

Apparently Wolfe didn't like her tweet. :laugh:

NightTrainLayne
07-31-2017, 03:10 PM
http://scout.com/nfl/broncos/Bolt/Derek-Wolfe-blasts-reporter-on-Twitter-after-injury-news-105659531

It frustrates me that Wolfe is paying this much attention to Twitter. This is not professional.

Davii
07-31-2017, 03:10 PM

Good for Wolfe. I do believe her when she says that wasn't her intent, but I see where he's coming from as I had the same immediate thought when I read it. The "Again." stuck out to me. Good on him for defending himself and getting the record set straight with her.

MOtorboat
07-31-2017, 03:11 PM
So...is it the same thing he has dealt with in the past?

If so, she did nothing wrong.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Eh, I wish he didn't make such a big deal out of it. It didn't seem like an issue at the time of the post, but I guess I see where he's coming from. But to say, "talk to the player" is kind of ridiculous - she was posting what the head coach said in a press conference, not just making shit up.

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Pete Prisco‏Verified account @PriscoCBS 56m56 minutes ago

Von Miller ran 14 sprints up a hill after a full-passed practice. Mad man, but also why he's the best edge rusher in the game

GEM
07-31-2017, 03:34 PM
He was probably aggravated with the injury and she just said the wrong thing that hit a nerve with him. Overreaction.

Nomad
07-31-2017, 03:59 PM
He was probably aggravated with the injury and she just said the wrong thing that hit a nerve with him. Overreaction.

Probably the affects of the crab legs still lingering. :D

Buff
07-31-2017, 04:00 PM
Wolfe is like the prototypical unthinking meathead. I love the guy, but we're not paying him for his world views. Whatever he needs to stay motivated is fine by me.

Hawgdriver
07-31-2017, 04:02 PM
I'll pass along Stokley's 5 takeaways from camp so far:

1. QB position is unclear
2. Bolles looking good
3. Deangelo Henderson looking good
4. Fowler is the #3
5. TE position is unclear

Other things that stuck out from listening to sports radio during the day.

Walker, 2d round pick, he's looking strong. One of the guys put it like this, 'he's manipulating professional athletes.' Carlos Henderson is going to be cut. Not really, but you get the idea. Siemian looking less impressive this year than last year. Paxton looking slightly worse but that should mean job is his. Neither one playing at NFL starter level, let alone good. Janovich will make roster. Run game seems to be improved.

MOtorboat
07-31-2017, 04:07 PM

2. Bolles looking good
4. Fowler is the #3

Walker, 2d round pick, he's looking strong. One of the guys put it like this, 'he's manipulating professional athletes.' Carlos Henderson is going to be cut. Not really, but you get the idea. Siemian looking less impressive this year than last year. Paxton looking slightly worse but that should mean job is his. Neither one playing at NFL starter level, let alone good. Janovich will make roster. Run game seems to be improved.

The No. 1 and No. 2 opinions seem to be consensus from anyone who has seen it, including those who've gone to camp who post.

slim
07-31-2017, 04:07 PM

2. Bolles looking good
4. Fowler is the #3

I've been listening today and that is pretty much what I've heard. Also that Max Garcia is likely to lose his starting spot (shocking, I know).

Buff
07-31-2017, 04:09 PM
Bennie as #3 is exciting. I love that guy.

Hawgdriver
07-31-2017, 04:40 PM
The No. 1 and No. 2 opinions seem to be consensus from anyone who has seen it, including those who've gone to camp who post.

I formed a different opinion from ur's takes, but whatever, sounds like he's developing into the guy we need.

Buff
07-31-2017, 04:43 PM
I formed a different opinion from ur's takes, but whatever, sounds like he's developing into the guy we need.

UR? His development has sort of plateaued in recent years, IMO, the Russian set him back... But I think he still has upside.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 04:45 PM
Wolfe is a snowflake.

Nomad
07-31-2017, 04:47 PM
Wolfe is a snowflake.

Tweet that to him, and give your address. :D

Nomad
07-31-2017, 04:49 PM

2. Bolles looking good
4. Fowler is the #3

Looking forward to seeing him play. Hope he stay healthy

Timmy!
07-31-2017, 04:49 PM

We need to tell Wolfe how much jaded hates white guys first.

WARHORSE
07-31-2017, 04:50 PM
Good for Wolfe. I do believe her when she says that wasn't her intent, but I see where he's coming from as I had the same immediate thought when I read it. The "Again." stuck out to me. Good on him for defending himself and getting the record set straight with her.

An overblown reaction for sure, but its what I love about Wolfe.....that dude cares.

He gives it his all, he lays it on the line and he does it because he wants his team, his city to know he's a bad mofo who can be counted on.

Considering all the man has been through, its easy to see he wants family.
Also, hes a young married man with all through coursing through him as well...its going to be testy sometimes.

But loyal? The man is thick as polar ice.

WE GOT YOU WOLFE! Bronco for LIFE!

WARHORSE
07-31-2017, 04:52 PM
I've been listening today and that is pretty much what I've heard. Also that Max Garcia is likely to lose his starting spot (shocking, I know).

To WHOM?

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 04:55 PM

This is textbook snowflake, one tweet is fine but grow up and let it go. You have any idea how many times I've had my ass kicked? I should challenge him to a spelling contest.

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 04:55 PM
We need to tell Wolfe how much jaded hates white guys first.

Hate'em!

Davii
07-31-2017, 05:03 PM
This is textbook snowflake, one tweet is fine but grow up and let it go. You have any idea how many times I've had my ass kicked? I should challenge him to a spelling contest.

Just a guess, but a lot?

VonDoom
07-31-2017, 05:06 PM
To WHOM?

Barbre is the only logical choice I can think of

Simple Jaded
07-31-2017, 05:15 PM
Just a guess, but a lot?

Conservative intimate. Clearly I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Poet
07-31-2017, 06:23 PM
UR? His development has sort of plateaued in recent years, IMO, the Russian set him back... But I think he still has upside.

I really wish this post was in the lounge - but I agree, UR is still a guy worth having on the squad.

GEM
07-31-2017, 06:40 PM
760 is saying Leary was hurt today. Anyone have any info?

Poet
07-31-2017, 06:42 PM
760 is saying Leary was hurt today. Anyone have any info?

He got dinged up but it wasn't serious. I'll find the link in a second. It's sammich time.

Poet
07-31-2017, 06:50 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/30/denver-broncos-news-ron-leary-groin-injury/

The 28-year-old offensive guard left practice with a trainer on Sunday, later returning to watch team drills from the sideline while holding his helmet.

After practice, coach Vance Joseph said Leary suffered a groin injury but noted that it’s not serious, according to the Denver Post‘s Nick Jhabvala. The team pulled Leary from practice just as a precaution.

dogfish
07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
wolfe will be fine once the real action starts. . . nobody likes training camp-- it's friggin' hot out there. . . he's ready to rip some quarterback's head off, and they won't let him. . . tweeter is stupid, but i'd rather he blow off steam there than out at the clubs. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Just a guess, but a lot?

:lol:

Tned
07-31-2017, 07:20 PM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/30/denver-broncos-news-ron-leary-groin-injury/

The 28-year-old offensive guard left practice with a trainer on Sunday, later returning to watch team drills from the sideline while holding his helmet.

After practice, coach Vance Joseph said Leary suffered a groin injury but noted that it’s not serious, according to the Denver Post‘s Nick Jhabvala. The team pulled Leary from practice just as a precaution.

That's good, when I heard groin earlier I was worried as those can quickly turn into nagging problems. Hopefully, they take it easy and he doesn't make it worse.

Poet
07-31-2017, 07:22 PM
That's good, when I heard groin earlier I was worried as those can quickly turn into nagging problems. Hopefully, they take it easy and he doesn't make it worse.

We need him badly.

Hawgdriver
07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
wolfe will be fine once the real action starts. . . nobody likes training camp-- it's friggin' hot out there. . . he's ready to rip some quarterback's head off, and they won't let him. . . tweeter is stupid, but i'd rather he blow off steam there than out at the clubs. . .

it doesn't move the needle for me. life is hard. dudes like Wolfe with rough backgrounds, you get rough edges. it's like the special forces ace with a couple of loose wires that wins you wars but isn't meant for cocktail parties. some of those guys are great on the football field and you hire them to win you football games.

Buff
08-01-2017, 09:59 AM
it doesn't move the needle for me. life is hard. dudes like Wolfe with rough backgrounds, you get rough edges. it's like the special forces ace with a couple of loose wires that wins you wars but isn't meant for cocktail parties. some of those guys are great on the football field and you hire them to win you football games.

I agree with this - I don't really begrudge the fire for being hot.

But I also have empathy for the journalist making a fraction of what he's making, sending a perfectly reasonable tweet, and then being singled out negatively by someone with a much bigger platform. In other words - he could have just as easily pulled her aside and expressed his displeasure in private, and that would have been more professional. But he's Derek freaking Wolfe, so what can ya do?

NightTerror218
08-01-2017, 12:03 PM
I agree with this - I don't really begrudge the fire for being hot.

But I also have empathy for the journalist making a fraction of what he's making, sending a perfectly reasonable tweet, and then being singled out negatively by someone with a much bigger platform. In other words - he could have just as easily pulled her aside and expressed his displeasure in private, and that would have been more professional. But he's Derek freaking Wolfe, so what can ya do?

He did right. She tweetwd to the world. I read her tweet before his right. And it def came across as AGAIN. She made her comment to the world without thinking. Its todays world. Tweet in the moment and dont think twice about what you say.

Hawgdriver
08-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I have empathy for her still. Twitter is a new medium. Without editing, mistakes are going to happen. It's her job to stir controversy and interest. I'm sure it's a good learning moment and she wasn't thinking about anything besides the fact of Wolfe's extensive injury history.

MOtorboat
08-01-2017, 03:25 PM
I have empathy for her still. Twitter is a new medium. Without editing, mistakes are going to happen. It's her job to stir controversy and interest. I'm sure it's a good learning moment and she wasn't thinking about anything besides the fact of Wolfe's extensive injury history.

Was it a mistake? He had two neck injuries last year.

Hawgdriver
08-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Was it a mistake? He had two neck injuries last year.

Mistake in perceived tone, yes. She could have said it better. The way she said it invited Wolfe's response.

BroncoJoe
08-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Mistake in perceived tone, yes. She could have said it better. The way she said it invited Wolfe's response.

Correct.

- VS -

Derek Wolfe has a stinger again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Indeed.

It was easy for him to speculate she was suggesting he's injury prone

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Ron Leary not practicing (groin) #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

Bernard Pierce not at practice

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos come back from day off with full pads. Looking for better QB play today. @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 13m13 minutes ago

Expecting more reps for Jamaal Charles today. Fully cleared but DEN has been easing him into action. #Broncos @1043TheFan

AJ Derby has separated himself at TE. Projecting him for 40 catches this year seems fair. #Broncos @1043TheFan

No changes on OLINE early in drills. Max Garcia still at 1st team LG, Billy Turner filling in for Leary at RG today. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Buff
08-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Two things:

I think it's safe to say we should be really worried about Jamaal Charles knee. If he's still favoring it, I don't see him magically getting healthier during camp. Sure, maybe he's just trying to be cautious before it's game time, but I think it's more likely he'd prefer to be making an impression on his new team. Given that there were people familiar with KC who predicted he wouldn't make our roster - I've brought my expectations down about 10 notches.

I loved AJ Derby's toughness last year. I'm really encouraged to hear that he and Bennie Fowler are having good camps - those guys make tough catches in traffic.

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Paradis gets his first team-period rep of training camp. McGovern next to him at RG.

Jamaal Charles now getting some team work.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3s4 seconds ago

Rough for top 2 QBs after Lynch's opening completion to Heuerman. Lynch missed his next two, then Siemian misfired on three straight passes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 11:32 AM
I'm really hoping the issues our QB's are having are related to the new offense. Hopefully by the time preseason kicks off their timing will show improvemenf

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 11:34 AM

In 3s vs 3s De'Angelo Henderson continues to run downhill. Making strong early impression in camp @DenverChannel

Gotsis looking active in 9-on-7 work, doing a nice job shedding blocks and working into the backfield against the run.

Juwan Thompson has broken off a pair of nice runs to the end zone in 9-on-7 work today.

Stevan Ridley and De'Angelo Henderson making the RB group really interesting. Shaking it up.

Carlos Henderson with a drop in one-on-one ... still fighting it out there.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 13s14 seconds ago

Pick six -- Marshall off Siemian -- looking for Heuerman in the left flat, missed him short. Marshall bobbles, gets it, TD.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now3 seconds ago

One guy having a quietly nice camp is Jeff Heuerman. I know has to prove it But has made strides @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now5 seconds ago

Not been a good day for Siemian. In last series alone, Crick batted ball down and @BMarshh54 had pick six. @DenverChannel

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14s14 seconds ago

#Broncos been emphasizing establishing the run. And has looked good. But passing game been wildly inconsistent. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now11 seconds ago

#Broncos Lynch connects on nice pass to Derby. @DenverChannel

Paxton Lynch winning the day today. He just threw TD to TE Austin Traylor. #9sports

#Broncos Lynch made arguably his best throw of camp with loft to Green for TD over defender @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33s34 seconds ago

So far, so good for Lynch. Needs to sustain what he's shown so far today, but to this point, it's his best work since last Friday.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now10 seconds ago

#Broncos offense Schofield mixes it with D after late push by a LB on Ridley. Again good sign @DenverChannel

underrated29
08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Two things:

I think it's safe to say we should be really worried about Jamaal Charles knee. If he's still favoring it, I don't see him magically getting healthier during camp. Sure, maybe he's just trying to be cautious before it's game time, but I think it's more likely he'd prefer to be making an impression on his new team. Given that there were people familiar with KC who predicted he wouldn't make our roster - I've brought my expectations down about 10 notches.

I loved AJ Derby's toughness last year. I'm really encouraged to hear that he and Bennie Fowler are having good camps - those guys make tough catches in traffic.

I disagree 100%.
It's not his call. It's the coaching staff and I think they know he's good to go but due to all of his past injuries they are just working him in and will let him loose when it counts. We all know what he's capable of and if he isn't then it's an easy cut. He is ready the coaches aren't. Give him the patience. I'm telling you he's not done unless of course he encounters another....(not going to say it).

Poet
08-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Lynch!

Buff
08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
I disagree 100%.
It's not his call. It's the coaching staff and I think they know he's good to go but due to all of his past injuries they are just working him in and will let him loose when it counts. We all know what he's capable of and if he isn't then it's an easy cut. He is ready the coaches aren't. Give him the patience. I'm telling you he's not done unless of course he encounters another....(not going to say it).

Fair - I could be totally wrong. But it seems like reports are varied - some say he's favoring the knee, some say he's just not going full speed yet. If it's the former, I think he's run out of time to rehab the thing and it's just going to get progressively worse as the season goes on. I remain worried, but hope that I'm wrong!

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 17s18 seconds ago

Jamaal Charles with a reception in 7-on-7 work.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 21s22 seconds ago

#Broncos Jamaal Charles doing some more drills. Catches nice pass in flat and shows burst. @DenverChannel

#Broncos Siemian, who has had tough day, makes best pass in drills on wheel route to Janovich @DenverChannel

underrated29
08-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Fair - I could be totally wrong. But it seems like reports are varied - some say he's favoring the knee, some say he's just not going full speed yet. If it's the former, I think he's run out of time to rehab the thing and it's just going to get progressively worse as the season goes on. I remain worried, but hope that I'm wrong!

You are right about the favoring of the knee. I saw it myself, after sight asked me to take a look. Hard to say if it was the race or him favoring it. You def are right about that, but even so, I think the first few weeks of him letting it go are going to be that way. Give it a little. See how it goes. It'll swell or something and back off. Then ramp it up a little more. Then back off and then who knows cut him loose for Reg season.

Poet
08-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Buff, give me some optimism about the offense.

Tned
08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Sounds like Lynch is struggling to move past his Rookie woes.

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Ryan Koenigsberg‏ @RyanKoenigsberg 9m9 minutes ago

Bolles just put the clamps on Von three times in a row. He's clearly the best LT out here to me.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Lynch's move-the-ball no-huddle period with the first team ends with a fourth-and-4 INT -- looking for Sanders on slant, Talib pick.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Aqib Talib picked off Lynch. Read that one from the beginning.

Siemian with back-to-back passes to Taylor to rack up 41 yards ... No. 2 offense in FG range.

underrated29
08-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Buff, give me some optimism about the offense.

Itll be better than last year. My guess says by 7pts a game. A pretty big jump

Davii
08-02-2017, 12:34 PM
You are right about the favoring of the knee. I saw it myself, after sight asked me to take a look. Hard to say if it was the race or him favoring it. You def are right about that, but even so, I think the first few weeks of him letting it go are going to be that way. Give it a little. See how it goes. It'll swell or something and back off. Then ramp it up a little more. Then back off and then who knows cut him loose for Reg season.

As someone that has had surgical repairs to the knee I can tell you that you nearly always favor it a little. When I start running it hurts. Every single time. It chills out after a while, but if I stop and cool off a bit it hurts again when I start back up. If he's favoring it a bit when just walking around with a brace on I wouldn't really be concerned, it could just be normal stiffness/pain one is bound to have after beating the crap out of their knees. If he's able to go full speed, show burst, quickness, and get in and out of cuts cleanly and confidently then he's probably good to go.

I'm with UR here, this seems to be the coach's decision at this point to ensure he's as healthy as possible going into and for the season. If not, he won't be here, and I think we'll still be ok at RB. I would much rather have him though.

VonDoom
08-02-2017, 12:50 PM

#Broncos Joseph said "every play going through inconsistencies not just QBs. I am fine w that" Said Leary should be back tomorrow

#Broncos Joseph said gave Stephenson some first team reps at LT He's in that competition w Bolles. Ty involved too but was at RT today

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 26s27 seconds ago

#Broncos Joseph said Barbre will stay on left side @DenverChannel Been mainly at LG

Slick
08-02-2017, 12:55 PM

I'm so glad Trevor played injured and in the meaningless last game of the season.

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm so glad Trevor played injured and in the meaningless last game of the season.

I heard a rumor about that. What I've heard is that at the Broncos BBQ that Lynch made a pass (ironically it was IN-COM-PLETE!!!) at Kubiak's wife and therefore wound up in his doghouse.

NightTerror218
08-02-2017, 01:06 PM

What about siemian. They are both playing the same right now. Up and down and inconsistent. Both are throwing at least 1 int a day.

What is worse under throwing a pass and a pix 6 by LB. Or CB reading the play and jumpong the route? Pix six on siemian and talib int on lynch.

Either is showing an upper hand.

Davii
08-02-2017, 01:10 PM
What about siemian. They are both playing the same right now. Up and down and inconsistent. Both are throwing at least 1 int a day.

What is worse under throwing a pass and a pix 6 by LB. Or CB reading the play and jumpong the route? Pix six on siemian and talib int on lynch.

If they're even at the end of the day it's Lynch's job. The organization won't let the guy with a higher ceiling, or the first round draft pick, ride the pine if they're at least even. If they're even, and they both give you the same chance to win a game, would you choose the guy you know will probably stay at the same level, or the guy who with some game time/reps could possible improve by a wide margin?

dogfish
08-02-2017, 01:10 PM
this could be another ugly year at quarterback. . . may as well at least get used to the idea now. . .

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:12 PM

I think it's pretty clear that Lynch is scraping his back against his ceiling and Elway is feeling the pressure for drafting him, which is why he felt the need to bring in both Zoloft and Kelly.

MOtorboat
08-02-2017, 01:19 PM

I mean, the reports aren't great, but I'm just really not concerned with training camp interceptions. We have no idea what sort of instructions the quarterback has on any given throw in training camp, McCoy could be forcing an out pass to make a point. Who knows? While we don't fully know during the season, we can at least watch and see for ourselves what happened on a play.

NightTerror218
08-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I mean, the reports aren't great, but I'm just really not concerned with training camp interceptions. We have no idea what sort of instructions the quarterback has on any given throw in training camp, McCoy could be forcing an out pass to make a point. Who knows? While we don't fully know during the season, we can at least watch and see for ourselves what happened on a play.

Based of reports and post tc interviews they are both inconsistent. Up and down. I know ints dont really mean much but some people hang hats on ints and tds

NightTerror218
08-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Lynch is scraping his back against his ceiling and Elway is feeling the pressure for drafting him, which is why he felt the need to bring in both Zoloft and Kelly.

That just seems far fetched that lynch has reached his ceiling. Numerous comments on how improved he is from last year. I dont see how you can call it pretty clear for a guy who barley has any live game reps.

As for the other 2 guys......they need a 3rd stringer and a camp arm.

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I like what was posted about Boles holding up well against Miller today. He might still be short on experience, but apparently is very physically gifted.

NightTerror218
08-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I like what was posted about Boles holding up well against Miller today. He might still be short on experience, but apparently is very physically gifted.

Miller said he is taking him under his wing. Ware use to help OL with their blocking and how to block him. Sounds like he is running away with LT job. Not like its that hard to beat out the other Ts though.

slim
08-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Plus they are playing against the best pass D in the NFL. Not an easy task for any QB.

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Plus they are playing against the best pass D in the NFL. Not an easy task for any QB.

Especially a project being crushed by the oppressive weight of being drafted in the first round, far earlier than his talent would have had him drafted but for the dearth of good QBs in the draft...

MOtorboat
08-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Well, I mean, I don't think either of them is very good, but training camp INTs is not why.

Ziggy
08-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Wolfe is going to have a career season. He's much bigger and just as quick. Everyone is wondering where the pressure is going to come from outside of Von. The Wolfeman may hit double digit sacks this season.

Davii
08-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Wolfe is going to have a career season. He's much bigger and just as quick. Everyone is wondering where the pressure is going to come from outside of Von. The Wolfeman may hit double digit sacks this season.

I hope Shane Ray improves this year as well. Obviously he's got some healing up to do first, but I could easily see Shane doing a hell of a job for us. Didn't he hit double digits last year even though Ware was in when healthy? I don't see why he can't improve on that, especially with Von always drawing extra blockers and Wolfe most likely blowing shit up.

Slick
08-02-2017, 01:47 PM
this could be another ugly year at quarterback. . . may as well at least get used to the idea now. . .

Yes. It's going to be ugly again. If Lynch can't beat out Siemian for the job this year I think it's safe to say he never will. I agree with the sentiment that if it's close, they'll go with Lynch, mainly because I don't think Elway wants to wait so long to see if the kid can play like they did with Brock.

slim
08-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Well, I mean, I don't think either of them is very good, but training camp INTs is not why.

Why do you feel Pax is not very good? There's not a lot of history to base an opinion on.

I mean, we all saw first hand that Seimian can't play, but Pax should get a chance to prove himself.

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Why do you feel Pax is not very good? There's not a lot of history to base an opinion on.

I mean, we all saw first hand that Seimian can't play, but Pax should get a chance to prove himself.

Come on, he couldn't even complete a pass to Rhonda Kubiak!

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Yes. It's going to be ugly again. If Lynch can't beat out Siemian for the job this year I think it's safe to say he never will. I agree with the sentiment that if it's close, they'll go with Lynch, mainly because I don't think Elway wants to wait so long to see if the kid can play like they did with Brock.

Actually, I'm not sure I agree. There were quite a few so called "experts" that said Lynch would likely take 2-3 years to be NFL ready. We have to remember how much he has to overcome. I was listening to the radio this weekend and they were talking about how he never huddled in college. They just popped up the board with the plan on it, he called out a couple things at the line of scrimmage and then the ball was snapped and he threw it, but it was mostly short passes and a very uncomplicated offense.

So, he's having to not only adjust to the speed and learn his second offensive schemed, but literally learn QB fundamentals that he didn't learn in college. That's a lot to overcome in 18 months or so ('16 draft to start of '17 season). So, I don't think failing to win the job this year means he's a bust. It might just mean he's on track.

Poet
08-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Pax is up and down, but thus far more good than bad.

Freyaka
08-02-2017, 01:56 PM

If you think playing one half of one meaningless game would have fixed this you are kidding yourself.

Poet
08-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Come on, he couldn't even complete a pass to Rhonda Kubiak!

I like.

Tned
08-02-2017, 01:57 PM
I like.

Just call me Avis. I try harder.

Slick
08-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Actually, I'm not sure I agree. There were quite a few so called "experts" that said Lynch would likely take 2-3 years to be NFL ready. We have to remember how much he has to overcome. I was listening to the radio this weekend and they were talking about how he never huddled in college. They just popped up the board with the plan on it, he called out a couple things at the line of scrimmage and then the ball was snapped and he threw it, but it was mostly short passes and a very uncomplicated offense.

So, he's having to not only adjust to the speed and learn his second offensive schemed, but literally learn QB fundamentals that he didn't learn in college. That's a lot to overcome in 18 months or so ('16 draft to start of '17 season). So, I don't think failing to win the job this year means he's a bust. It might just mean he's on track.

I'd be shocked if they gave him 3 seasons without either signing a veteran like Stafford or just drafting a guy that's more pro ready.

We're wasting this defense.

Slick
08-02-2017, 01:59 PM
If you think playing one half of one meaningless game would have fixed this you are kidding yourself.

Right. That's what I said.