PDA

View Full Version : When does Chad Kelly take over the starting job

Tned
07-21-2017, 02:26 PM
So, when does Chad Kelly take over the starting or back up role?

Tned
07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Seriously, though. While it's a long shot, he has the tools to be something special. The question is whether he's finally got his mental shit together.

Nomad
07-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Seriously, though. While it's a long shot, he has the tools to be something special. The question is whether he's finally got his mental shit together.

This. You're an SEC guy (Hogs), and I'm sure you've watched his many games. He can be a Jekyll or Hyde. We can all hope we get the good side of Kelly.

Rick
07-21-2017, 08:08 PM
If Lynch becomes starter this year, it is possible Simien gets dealt and Kelly becomes backup.

If not Kelley will be backup next year.

I don't know that he will ever be starter, but who knows.

JPPT1974
07-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Yeah as Kelly could be the backup if Paxton is the starter.

Or that if Trevor is the starter, Paxton will be #2 again.

FanInAZ
07-21-2017, 08:53 PM
I just changed my adopted Bronco to Chad Kelly (I still hadn't changed from Oz since his rookie year) because I like pulling for the underdog.

topscribe
07-21-2017, 11:53 PM
Kelly has a chance if he has grown up and depending on his work ethic. But not for a while, IMO. Awful lot of raw talent there . . . very raw.

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Week One, 2019, for another NFL team. After he's goes all Matt Flynn in garbage time for the Defending Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos and those Broncos parlay that potential into a Top 10 '19 draft choice. Which they use on NT Dexter Lawrence or OT Greg Little.

Plan accordingly.

MOtorboat
07-22-2017, 02:55 AM
I have been pondering this all day.

I think he may be in the mix. I'm not ready to make a prediction.

BroncoWave
07-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Probably never.

Tned
07-22-2017, 11:09 AM
I have been pondering this all day.

I think he may be in the mix. I'm not ready to make a prediction.

Probably never.

I'm someplace between MO and Wave. Odds are never, but he's intriguing.

Obviously tested off the chart in ESPN science thingy (highly technical term) and was great at ole miss, but there is a reason he was essentially undrafted. What's the Bull Durham line, "million dollar arm, five cent brain" or something like that.

I hope he's healthy at camp and can get meaningful reps at camp and in preseason games (might be hard in games with Siemian/Lynch competition being battled.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
......ten cent head" is the expression you're looking for

Northman
07-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Kelly would have to be pretty impressive to be the #1 or #2 but i have not heard anything about him shining so far in training camp. If he ever does show any potential it wont be for another 2 years unless he pulls off a Tom Brady and is forced to come in and performs well. For now the only competition is between Siemian and Lynch.

topscribe
07-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Kelly would have to be pretty impressive to be the #1 or #2 but i have not heard anything about him shining so far in training camp. If he ever does show any potential it wont be for another 2 years unless he pulls off a Tom Brady and is forced to come in and performs well. For now the only competition is between Siemian and Lynch.
Actually, Kelly hasn't been participating because he was recovering from his wrist injury. Apparently, the doctors have given him clearance for the upcoming training camp, so we'll see how he does. But I doubt that he makes much of a splash because he has missed out on everything so far. Next year will be a better judge, I would think.

Rick
07-22-2017, 02:15 PM

Hard to shine with a cast on :)

Hawgdriver
07-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Probably never.

Kelly is Manziel without the draft status.

MOtorboat
07-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Kelly is Manziel without the draft status.

I would disagree with this. Kelly is a hot head, which has got himself into trouble. He probably does party, but not like Manziel, I'd bet.

Also, I think he's more talented than Manziel, who I never understood how he was taken in the first round to begin with.

topscribe
07-22-2017, 03:55 PM
I would disagree with this. Kelly is a hot head, which has got himself into trouble. He probably does party, but not like Manziel, I'd bet.

Also, I think he's more talented than Manziel, who I never understood how he was taken in the first round to begin with.
Place Tim Tebow's head on Manziel's body, and you would have a real quarterback.

But I agree Kelly's better. In fact, I believe he's better physically than the other two for the Broncos. I just hope he's growing up.

MOtorboat
07-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Place Tim Tebow's head on Manziel's body, and you would have a real quarterback.

But I agree Kelly's better. In fact, I believe he's better physically than the other two for the Broncos. I just hope he's growing up.

Well, Tebow has a giant ego despite all the public bluster and he couldn't read a defense to save his life, so I still think that quarterback would be pretty shitty.

topscribe
07-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Well, Tebow has a giant ego despite all the public bluster and he couldn't read a defense to save his life, so I still think that quarterback would be pretty shitty.
Maybe you're right. We would still have a great guy who can't play QB. lol

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 08:09 PM
I'd rather take Jake Plummer's head and put it on Cutler's body, forget Tebow and Manziel...we can do better.

Hawgdriver
07-22-2017, 08:12 PM

Mostly agree with how you distinguish Kelly from Manziel. I watched Perna's 'Doing Shots with the Broncos' and my thought after watching Kelly was that he's a solid locker room guy but he's a partier. I just don't think he has the gravitas for the position.

Like Lynch, I'll be happy to eat crow about him. If he has a good support system, keeping him focused on the task at hand, he's a quality starter.

sneakers
07-25-2017, 04:29 AM
All quarterback are terrible, they should just bring back the single wing

ShaneFalco
07-25-2017, 05:19 PM
tonight

Cugel
07-26-2017, 11:28 AM

Well, since the "mental shit" is about 90% of playing QB in the NFL, the only answer is "not for a while."

Since later (after the mid 2nd round) QBs almost never become SB winning QBs (Russell Wilson, Kurt Warner & Tom Brady are the lone exceptions) that also points towards "never".

For some reason, people don't understand or like statistics. But, there have been a LOT of QBs drafted after around 56 (where Osweiler was taken) since 2000 when Brady was taken in the 6th round. That's 18 seasons. 36 QBs started SBs in that time.

So, based on simple statistics with no detailed analysis:

3 guys out of 36 = .08% or 8/10 of a percent. Not even a 1% chance. So, if you bet "never" you'd be 99% sure to win the bet, since over 99% of QBs taken in the later rounds never win SBs.

You can quibble about the statistics, but basically it's around 99% chance of "Never" and maybe a 1% chance of a miracle where Denver finds a franchise QB in the last pick of the draft and he wins the SB someday.

Just because it's never actually happened that Mr. Irrelevant becomes a SB champion, doesn't mean it can't happen, just that it's wildly unlikely.

Hawgdriver
07-26-2017, 11:57 AM
For some reason, people don't understand or like statistics.

So you are using qbs drafted after Brady, Manning, Warner, Dilfer, Collins, Gannon, Johnson, Delhomme, McNabb, Hasselbeck, and Brees to prove a point about which QBs have gone to the superbowls those QBs played in?

Cugel
07-26-2017, 12:33 PM
So you are using qbs drafted after Brady, Manning, Warner, Dilfer, Collins, Gannon, Johnson, Delhomme, McNabb, Hasselbeck, and Brees to prove a point about which QBs have gone to the superbowls those QBs played in?

No, it's the modern football era. 2000 is a good cutoff because the NFL started protecting QBs more and more in the 2000s and because Brady was drafted in the 6th round in 2000. They started flagging "late hits" which they now interpret as anything after the ball leaves the QB's hands. The rules changed, making the league more of a passing league. And every time anybody points out how rare it is for later round QBs to succeed, some idiot always points to Tom Brady. That's all.

Brees is not mentioned because he was drafted #32, which is before the late 2nd round. He wasn't a later round pick.

You can arbitrarily change the parameters if you like but it won't change the result much. About a 1% chance of success. 99% chance of failure.

Dilfer IS an important exception. I didn't mention him because he was drafted before 2000. But, about once a decade a team with an historically great defense wins the SB, despite having not much offense and a journeyman QB. '85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2015 Broncos (Peyton was on his last legs). But, they never repeat. So, as a formula for sustained success, it's not a good one and for purposes of looking towards the future, it's not relevant.

Cugel
07-26-2017, 12:40 PM
tonight

Is that a lobster on Tebow's helmet? Or a crab? :laugh:

Tned
07-26-2017, 12:47 PM
You can arbitrarily change the parameters if you like but it won't change the result much. About a 1% chance of success. 99% chance of failure.

What's the failure percentage of QBs drafted before 56?

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 12:50 PM
What's the failure percentage of QBs drafted before 56?

Last time I tried to make semblance of a number to this question I arrived at about 93 percent.

Tned
07-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Last time I tried to make semblance of a number to this question I arrived at about 93 percent.

Exactly. The failure rate on first round QBs is insanely high, mix in second rounders, and it's even worse.

Everyone and his brother knows that the chance of Mr. Irrelevant becoming a quality backup, forget great starter, is an extreme long shot, but the fact is that the vast, vast, vast majority of first round QBs are busts, and Chris Harris shouldn't be a starter in the NFL. Draft position is an indicator of likelihood of success, but nothing more.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Exactly. The failure rate on first round QBs is insanely high, mix in second rounders, and it's even worse.

Everyone and his brother knows that the chance of Mr. Irrelevant becoming a quality backup, forget great starter, is an extreme long shot, but the fact is that the vast, vast, vast majority of first round QBs are busts, and Chris Harris shouldn't be a starter in the NFL. Draft position is an indicator of likelihood of success, but nothing more.

I arrived at the conclusion that every quarterback drafted starts with about a 7 percent chance. I'm sure first rounders have a slightly higher chance for multiple reasons, but I found that to be a baseline. The reason I was looking at it was someone saying someone wouldn't succeed because he was a lefty (I don't remember if it was Tebow or not), and I had to create a baseline to see if lefties failed at a higher rate than righties and that's the overall number I arrived at and it also appeared to be the exact same rate for lefties.

Joel
07-26-2017, 02:50 PM
So, based on simple statistics with no detailed analysis:

3 guys out of 36 = .08% or 8/10 of a percent. Not even a 1% chance. So, if you bet "never" you'd be 99% sure to win the bet, since over 99% of QBs taken in the later rounds never win SBs.

You can quibble about the statistics
Thanks, I will, because dividing 3/36 and getting 0.008 isn't just "no detailed analysis," it's horribly inaccurate math. As in, "off by two orders of magnitude." Worse, you made me agree with MO:

So 7% of QB drafted in the top 50 reach a SB, and 8% of ALL OTHER QBS do. Sounds like later round QBs offer a good return on investment: Even though there's only ~5X as many of those guys as the ones the draft value chart says are literally 10X better, the late round guys still have a better chance of reaching a SB.

Continually pointing to the mere TWO guys who QBed 63% of the last 16 AFC SB teams "proves" nothing except that Manning's exceptionally good at football and Brady's exceptionally good at cheating. C'mon, Cugel: You've outright said the chance of winning a SB with ANYONE but Manning or Brady is statistically minuscule: By that logic, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and the rest of the NFC shouldn't even bother showing up!

Well, one of the ONLY two QBs capable of winning a SB's in his forties and retired, with the other soon to join him, so we better just retire the SB itself along with them—it's IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to win any more. :rolleyes:

I like most of your takes, Cugel, but this kind of dog-with-a-bone action is why we both get so much crap from so many other people. Oz hasn't even been ON this team since we won the SB, so maybe it's time to stop evaluating every QB in terms of whether they were drafted higher/lower than his particular semi-random draft slot.

BroncoWave
07-26-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm someplace between MO and Wave. Odds are never, but he's intriguing.

Obviously tested off the chart in ESPN science thingy (highly technical term) and was great at ole miss, but there is a reason he was essentially undrafted. What's the Bull Durham line, "million dollar arm, five cent brain" or something like that.

I hope he's healthy at camp and can get meaningful reps at camp and in preseason games (might be hard in games with Siemian/Lynch competition being battled.

Yeah, he certainly is a more intriguing 7th round prospect than most, but even still, the odds of a 7th round QB ever actually starting a game (outside of being forced to play due to injuries) are exceedingly rare. I'd feel pretty safe in betting it never happens.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks, I will, because dividing 3/36 and getting 0.008 isn't just "no detailed analysis," it's horribly inaccurate math. As in, "off by two orders of magnitude." Worse, you made me agree with MO:

So 7% of QB drafted in the top 50 reach a SB, and 8% of ALL OTHER QBS do. Sounds like later round QBs offer a good return on investment: Even though there's only ~5X as many of those guys as the ones the draft value chart says are literally 10X better, the late round guys still have a better chance of reaching a SB.

Continually pointing to the mere TWO guys who QBed 63% of the last 16 AFC SB teams "proves" nothing except that Manning's exceptionally good at football and Brady's exceptionally good at cheating. C'mon, Cugel: You've outright said the chance of winning a SB with ANYONE but Manning or Brady is statistically minuscule: By that logic, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and the rest of the NFC shouldn't even bother showing up!

Well, one of the ONLY two QBs capable of winning a SB's in his forties and retired, with the other soon to join him, so we better just retire the SB itself along with them—it's IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to win any more. :rolleyes:

I like most of your takes, Cugel, but this kind of dog-with-a-bone action is why we both get so much crap from so many other people. Oz hasn't even been ON this team since we won the SB, so maybe it's time to stop evaluating every QB in terms of whether they were drafted higher/lower than his particular semi-random draft slot.

Reaching a Super Bowl was not the metric I used for "success."

Joel
07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
As to the focus of the thread (which ain't Oz:) Kelly will start the INSTANT the China Arena Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Arena_Football_League) finalizes it's season: Go, Black Rhinos, GO! :tongue:

Tned
07-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Worse, you made me agree with MO:

Ok, I got a chuckle out of this.

It's like me saying, "Worse, you made me agree with Wave:"

Tned
07-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Yeah, he certainly is a more intriguing 7th round prospect than most, but even still, the odds of a 7th round QB ever actually starting a game (outside of being forced to play due to injuries) are exceedingly rare. I'd feel pretty safe in betting it never happens.

Agreed, and then you have to take it to another level. What's the odds that TWO seventh round picks (pick 250 and 253) will start for the Broncos say in a two year period, or serve as starter and backup???

Joel
07-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Reaching a Super Bowl was not the metric I used for "success."
Ah; that's an important difference.

Tned
07-26-2017, 03:51 PM
As to the focus of the thread (which ain't Oz:) Kelly will start the INSTANT the China Arena Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Arena_Football_League) finalizes it's season: Go, Black Rhinos, GO! :tongue:

Curious if there was similar declarations for Mr. Relevant, aka Trevor "pick 250" Siemian?

ShaneFalco
07-26-2017, 03:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZuKjJiuQA

Joel
07-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Curious if there was similar declarations for Mr. Relevant, aka Trevor "pick 250" Siemian?
Prob'ly not, because Siemian didn't carouse and brawl his way out of premiere college programs until he was lucky to even make the collegiate equivalent of a Class A baseball roster, then only get drafted for the same reason: Because his uncle happens to be a first ballot HoFer with another first ballot HoFer/GM on speed dial.

It's completely different because there were and remain many questions about whether Siemian can play, but none about whether Kelly can: The sole but huge issue is whether he's finally developed the "maturity" to realize his talent and pedigree don't entitle him to indulge his inner hoodlum with impunity now that he can be tried as an adult. Because that kind of thing is nothing but harmless youthful exuberance, y'know? Look how much OJ's grown up since he turned 70.... :rolleyes:

Tned
07-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Prob'ly not, because Siemian didn't carouse and brawl his way out of premiere college programs until he was lucky to even make the collegiate equivalent of a Class A baseball roster, then only get drafted for the same reason: Because his uncle happens to be a first ballot HoFer with another first ballot HoFer/GM on speed dial.

It's completely different because there were and remain many questions about whether Siemian can play, but none about whether Kelly can: The sole but huge issue is whether he's finally developed the "maturity" to realize his talent and pedigree don't entitle him to indulge his inner hoodlum with impunity now that he can be tried as an adult. Because that kind of thing is nothing but harmless youthful exuberance, y'know? Look how much OJ's grown up since he turned 70.... :rolleyes:

Seemed like about three contradictions in those two paragraphs.

All seventh round QBs, undrafted QBs, etc. have many questions, concerns and issues. Health. Ability. Size. Mechanics. Off field. If they didn't have questions, they wouldn't be 6th, 7th or no round picks.

Apparently we now know that Elway is a lying *******, since we now know (based on the post above) that Kelly called Elway and asked for his nephew to be drafted. Glad that's been cleared up. Knew we couldn't trust that Elway to be honest.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 04:48 PM

So, um, Ole Miss is not the equivalent of a Class A minor league team. And he wasn't "lucky" to make the roster. He was the best quarterback in the SEC for two seasons. He's got faults, but damn.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-26-2017, 05:07 PM
What day?

Yester-freakin-day, that's what day

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Statistically Nick Fitzgerald was better last season, but I digress.

Josh Dobbs may have been better too. But the point stands that the SEC isn't A-ball.

BroncoWave
07-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Josh Dobbs may have been better too. But the point stands that the SEC isn't A-ball.

Man you replied to that quickly! I deleted that because Chad's passing numbers were better, but I'm a homer and as a dual threat (which I realize is more geared toward college ball than pro), Fitz dwarfed him.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Fitzgerald might be pretty good, is he a true sophomore?

BroncoWave
07-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Fitzgerald might be pretty good, is he a true sophomore?

RS Junior this upcoming year. He shattered a lot of Dak's single game and single season records this year though, so he honestly might be decent. His accuracy is hit and miss, but Dak's was early on as well. I think we will really find out how good he is this year.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Man you replied to that quickly! I deleted that because Chad's passing numbers were better, but I'm a homer and as a dual threat (which I realize is more geared toward college ball than pro), Fitz dwarfed him.

I didn't look at the time stamp. I just know Chad Kelly has at least one win over Alabama (maybe two, can't remember). He's a bonehead who got kicked out of Clemson and may have been kicked out of Ole Miss if his eligibility hadn't been up, but he wasn't playing for Mount Union.

BroncoWave
07-26-2017, 05:52 PM
I didn't look at the time stamp. I just know Chad Kelly has at least one win over Alabama (maybe two, can't remember). He's a bonehead who got kicked out of Clemson and may have been kicked out of Ole Miss if his eligibility hadn't been up, but he wasn't playing for Mount Union.

Yeah you don't have to convince me how good the SEC is, I get to watch Miss St struggle against them week in and week out. :lol:

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Yeah you don't have to convince me how good the SEC is, I get to watch Miss St struggle against them week in and week out. :lol:

It's an interesting time to be a fan of football in Mississippi.

BroncoWave
07-26-2017, 05:58 PM
It's an interesting time to be a fan of football in Mississippi.

I'm absolutely loving the shit show going on at Ole Miss right now. For Hugh Freeze to be so adamant and holier than thou with his beliefs (not to tread into P&R territory) then to be caught doing what he did just makes me laugh. It will be a while before they recover from this.

MOtorboat
07-26-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm absolutely loving the shit show going on at Ole Miss right now. For Hugh Freeze to be so adamant and holier than thou with his beliefs (not to tread into P&R territory) then to be caught doing what he did just makes me laugh. It will be a while before they recover from this.

I recommend finding Tuesday's episode of Podcast Ain't Played Nobody.

Joel
07-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Seemed like about three contradictions in those two paragraphs.

All seventh round QBs, undrafted QBs, etc. have many questions, concerns and issues. Health. Ability. Size. Mechanics. Off field. If they didn't have questions, they wouldn't be 6th, 7th or no round picks.

Apparently we now know that Elway is a lying *******, since we now know (based on the post above) that Kelly called Elway and asked for his nephew to be drafted. Glad that's been cleared up. Knew we couldn't trust that Elway to be honest.
No, Kelly didn't call Elway, ELWAY CALLED KELLY (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-chad-kellys-hall-of-fame-uncle-told-him-about-making-the-broncos-roster/):
"I called his uncle, and he said, 'He's a good kid,'" Elway said after the Broncos drafted Chad Kelly. "I said, 'OK, that's all I need.' I trust Jim with that. Obviously, there's been some history there, but we felt comfortable. Chad understands what he's been through and is ready to take this step and realizes the step that he's taken is different than when he was in college. We're full of confidence that Chad's going to be able to come up here and understand the situation he's in."

How many other uncles of draft prospects got calls from Elway? Answer: Every single one elected to the Hall of Fame the instant they became eligible.

So, um, Ole Miss is not the equivalent of a Class A minor league team. And he wasn't "lucky" to make the roster. He was the best quarterback in the SEC for two seasons. He's got faults, but damn.
Yeah, but East Mississippi Community College (i.e. the place he wound up after Clemson kicked him out "for conduct detrimental to the team") IS the equivalent of Class A baseball. So he easily beat up on that "competition" until Ole Miss was convinced he was worth a second chance, faith he fully vindicated by showing he learned his lesson and keeping his nose clean from then on—wait, no: He left the stands to join a brawl of HIGH SCHOOL (https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/26/nfl-draft-2017-chad-kelly-ole-miss-quarterback-red-flags-field)kids including his brother, in between instant messaging a porn star (http://nesn.com/2016/09/ole-miss-qb-chad-kelly-slides-into-adult-film-stars-dms-pays-a-very-public-price/), as revealed when she publicly replied after a big loss last year that "you should've spent more time in your playbook and less time in my direct messages." Right on so many levels; I can't wait to tune into this offseasons latest episode of "Are You Smarter than a Porn Star?"

There's no comparison to Siemian, because if he had Kellys pedigree and Kelly had Siemians work (and other...) ethic(s) they'd BOTH be the face of a franchise already. The difference is Siemians qualities remain largely undetermined (unavoidable for anyone playing behind our 2016 line,) but Kelly's already proven himself both on and off the field: That's the problem.

Joel
07-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Oh, NOW I see the problem: "Kelly's awesome by default because he was a STARTER in the SEC, the amateur footballs equivalent of pro soccers Premiere League." And, in the sense that it's overhyped, full of dirty money and picks its "champions" by committee before each season even starts, I guess that's true. ;)

By the bye: Tim Tebow won TWO "National" "Championships" in the SEC.... :adore:

Tned
07-27-2017, 04:05 PM
No, Kelly didn't call Elway, ELWAY CALLED KELLY (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-chad-kellys-hall-of-fame-uncle-told-him-about-making-the-broncos-roster/):

How many other uncles of draft prospects got calls from Elway? Answer: Every single one elected to the Hall of Fame the instant they became eligible.

Yes, but your flippant irrelevant quip was about Kelly having Elway on speed dial, and therefore implying Kelly called Elway and begged to give his nephew a shot.

My motto is, "if you're going to be caustic, at least make sure you're correct" but each to their own.

MOtorboat
07-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Oh, NOW I see the problem: "Kelly's awesome by default because he was a STARTER in the SEC, the amateur footballs equivalent of pro soccers Premiere League." And, in the sense that it's overhyped, full of dirty money and picks its "champions" by committee before each season even starts, I guess that's true. ;)

Stick to the NFL. For your own sake.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2017, 05:11 PM

Tebow won ONE National Championship, Joel, he was a backup RB for Leak's NC.

Poet
07-28-2017, 01:54 PM
What has happened in this place?

Tned
07-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Change?

Poet
07-28-2017, 02:08 PM
Change?

I saw some long Joel posts and irritation, so I'm not sure how much change has occurred. But, I am wearing looser pants now so the change won't be as hurtful.

Tned
07-28-2017, 02:09 PM
I saw some long Joel posts and irritation, so I'm not sure how much change has occurred. But, I am wearing looser pants now so the change won't be as hurtful.

That and if you wear gloves and carry hand sanitizer, then the trauma isn't as bad.

Poet
07-28-2017, 02:10 PM
That and if you wear gloves and carry hand sanitizer, then the trauma isn't as bad.

Yeah but then I'd have to sanitize the gloves, too. I'm gambling, my boy!

Tned
07-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Yeah but then I'd have to sanitize the gloves, too. I'm gambling, my boy!

I always say, sometimes you have to eat shit, and when you do, just scrunch the nose up, squint a bit and pretend it's chocolate...

P.S. I like my ellipsis, so don't be trashing them.

Poet
07-28-2017, 02:58 PM
I'll leave the ellipsis alone so long as you respect the semicolon.

Tned
07-28-2017, 03:01 PM
I'll leave the ellipsis alone so long as you respect the semicolon.

Usually depends on how fine looking everything around the colon looks as to whether or not I respect it. Man gotta love a fine looking colon...

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 08:18 PM

Poet
07-28-2017, 09:16 PM

Jaded...you're back on the squad.

Tned
07-28-2017, 09:57 PM
So, are we all in agreement that if it wasn't for the wrist injury, the depth chart to start camp would be:

Siemian
Kelly
Lynch
Zoloft

MOtorboat
07-28-2017, 10:43 PM
No.

Zoloft

Siemian
Lynch
Sloter
Kelly

Hawgdriver
07-28-2017, 10:45 PM
I like Paxton's cannon and mobility, but I'm concerned about the in-game mental flexibility. Until he proves otherwise, that aspect is a show-stopper for me. I want whoever is best. Just sharing my 'insight'.

Poet
07-28-2017, 11:13 PM
I like Paxton's cannon and mobility, but I'm concerned about the in-game mental flexibility. Until he proves otherwise, that aspect is a show-stopper for me. I want whoever is best. Just sharing my 'insight'.

He's not Peyton Manning, but he's not as dumb as Jaded.

Tned
07-28-2017, 11:26 PM
No.

Zoloft

Siemian
Lynch
Sloter
Kelly

Oh, Sloter, not Zoloft. I knew Zoloft didn't sound right.

topscribe
07-28-2017, 11:28 PM
He's not Peyton Manning, but he's not as dumb as Jaded.
Don't kid yourself. Jaded isn't as dumb as he looks . . .

MOtorboat
07-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Oh, Sloter, not Zoloft. I knew Zoloft didn't sound right.

You might want some by mid season.

Poet
07-29-2017, 12:29 AM

I laughed out loud at that one. I know we've had our differences, Top, but I hope you're well and feeling fine!

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 12:40 AM

You mean he's even dumber?

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 12:42 AM

Hold me, Mo. I am not optimistic about the offense this season. Like you, I feel our hopes hinge on Janovich.

MOtorboat
07-29-2017, 01:22 AM
Hold me, Mo. I am not optimistic about the offense this season. Like you, I feel our hopes hinge on Janovich.

...and he's gonna be playing special teams...

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 01:52 AM
Rathvich 2.0. Janoman. 5000 yards from scrimmage on offense. Here we go, boys.

He could in the right system.

But the right system needs an operator that can decipher on each play what the defense permits, and do it in 1-3 seconds. I guess I'm a broken record, but the only guy that's proven even a hint of that ability (and that's about all he's proven) is Siemian. And he's shown, to this point, limited ability make successful plays when the pocket breaks down. I'll try not to project and just enjoy the ride. We'll all see.

Shazam!
07-29-2017, 03:16 AM
This thread doesnt load correctly when scrolling on the mobile app and force closes on my end. I dont even know if this comment will make it.

topscribe
07-29-2017, 02:28 PM
I laughed out loud at that one. I know we've had our differences, Top, but I hope you're well and feeling fine!
I honestly don't remember any differences we might have had, but don't remind me. I like it the way it is. :)

tomjonesrocks
07-29-2017, 05:01 PM
I said week 1 starter to amuse myself but I am very intrigued.

Will he be ready to play in some preseason games? Unsure how his injury is progressing. He's an interesting flier - although he doesn't sound too bright in interviews his tape and lineage has me interested.

Hawgdriver
07-29-2017, 05:12 PM
He still has a cast on.

ShaneFalco
07-29-2017, 05:15 PM
He takes over the job tonight

Tned
07-29-2017, 05:18 PM
I said week 1 starter to amuse myself but I am very intrigued.

Will he be ready to play in some preseason games? Unsure how his injury is progressing. He's an interesting flier - although he doesn't sound too bright in interviews I'm his tape and lineage has me interested.

Sounds like his recovery is going much slower than originally expected. A few months ago it was speculated he would be ready by camp.

FanInAZ
07-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Out of fairness, SOP for most fans is to reach for the Zoloft as soon as their starting QB goes down with an injury.

tripp
08-03-2017, 11:51 AM
I wish he wasn't injured because it would've added a lot more interest into what is already an intriguing QB competition. From what I hear on NFL network, they say he has all the intangibles to be a good QB.. BUT, he's super immature. Needs to grow up a lot, and that's half the battle for athletes in general I'd imagine.

BroncoJoe
08-03-2017, 01:49 PM
He'll spend this year on IR.

NightTerror218
08-03-2017, 03:09 PM
I wish he wasn't injured because it would've added a lot more interest into what is already an intriguing QB competition. From what I hear on NFL network, they say he has all the intangibles to be a good QB.. BUT, he's super immature. Needs to grow up a lot, and that's half the battle for athletes in general I'd imagine.

Manzel 2.0

Tned
08-10-2017, 10:40 PM
:bump:

ShaneFalco
08-22-2017, 08:22 PM
https://j.gifs.com/DRzXYk.gif

BeefStew25
08-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Hoes is a dirtbag

ShaneFalco
08-22-2017, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBp4uNu1-Y

Simple Jaded
08-22-2017, 10:34 PM
• Chad Kelly played in 2 of the worst offenses at developing QB's for the NFL.

• He'll spend his entire rookie season on PUP/IR.

They should just cut him now, amirite?

ShaneFalco
08-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Just get him a ******* playbook.
He coming.

Valar Morghulis
08-22-2017, 11:16 PM
o Chad Kelly played in 2 of the worst offenses at developing QB's for the NFL. o He'll spend his entire rookie season on PUP/IR. They should just cut him now, amirite?

Yeah, but east Mississippi, and Buddy!!!

MOtorboat
08-22-2017, 11:20 PM
I wonder what happens when Chad comes into some money and has a shit ton of free time because he's on IR?

MOtorboat
08-22-2017, 11:26 PM

Hawgdriver
08-23-2017, 12:21 AM
From what I understand there is a new line of strippers with $wag asstats at SW.

Tned
09-11-2017, 04:04 PM
I was listening to 760 as I was driving home and they make a throw away comment about seeing Kelly out throwing after most practices.

I know he can't practice with the team because he's NFI, but apparently he is out there throwing on his own (obviously to someone). I'd not heard any status update on him forever.

underrated29
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
I was listening to 760 as I was driving home and they make a throw away comment about seeing Kelly out throwing after most practices.

I know he can't practice with the team because he's NFI, but apparently he is out there throwing on his own (obviously to someone). I'd not heard any status update on him forever.

Hell be our starter next year

Tned
09-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Hell be our starter next year

Siemian's backup.

underrated29
09-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Siemian's backup.

Id love that because that would mean that Trev has taken a big time step in his progression and could well be on his way to being a franchise QB. For now, I have doubts that he can be a franchise QB. But if he Keeps Kelly on the bench, then that would be wonderful!

Tned
09-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Id love that because that would mean that Trev has taken a big time step in his progression and could well be on his way to being a franchise QB. For now, I have doubts that he can be a franchise QB. But if he Keeps Kelly on the bench, then that would be wonderful!

Agreed on all counts (other than fewer doubts than you on Siemian being able to go to the next level).