PDA

View Full Version : Why you should root for the Denver Broncos

Northman
07-19-2017, 05:36 AM
Great article. Great Read

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820037/article/why-you-should-root-for-the-denver-broncos?campaign=fb-nf-sf98597607-sf98597607&sf98597607=1

What you need to know so you don't sound stupid

John Elway is the Denver Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN). The Denver Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) are John Elway.

You're caught up.

I know it's simplistic to just say that, but it's the truth. The Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) have won three Super Bowls. He's been directly responsible for all three. He went back-to-back to close out his playing career. And I know a lot of you Elway haters will be all, "But only because Terrell Davis," to which I say, it was about freaking time somebody else showed up. Elway took the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) to three Super Bowls in four years during the 1980s with some dreadful teams. Seriously, he was a miracle worker. It would be as if Dave Grohl was competing in a battle of the bands, but instead of the Foo Fighters, he was carrying a middle school band from Corona. I mean, it would still be pretty good because Dave Grohl. But compared to the best of the best? You can only do so much. So I'm not going to disparage Elway's two Super Bowl (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl) wins at the end of his career with competent squads. And let's be fair here: In the second of those two Super Bowl (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl)triumphs, Elway threw for 336 yards with a touchdown passing and running. That strike to Rod Smith (http://www.nfl.com/player/rodsmith/2553743/profile) in the second quarter -- over Eugene Robinson -- was actually somewhat cruel:

Joel
07-19-2017, 08:42 AM
For the record, Elway himself is on record that his lone SB MVP award was thanks to Terrell Davis drawing the entire defenses focus (much as on his TD run in SB XXXII.)

That's not to diminish Elway, only give credit where due; it's no shame nor shock Elway wasn't the same at 38 as he was at 28, but even the aging Elway remained elite. And the article is of course right to note that if we say Elway in his late thirties couldn't have won two SBs without Davis, it's at least as true that Denver never gets near a SB (much less THREE in four years) without Elway in his mid-twenties.

dogfish
07-19-2017, 10:42 AM
because i root for the denver broncos, and you want to be on the cool side at least once in your life. . .

:cool:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-19-2017, 11:37 AM
For the record, Elway himself is on record that his lone SB MVP award was thanks to Terrell Davis drawing the entire defenses focus (much as on his TD run in SB XXXII.)

That's not to diminish Elway, only give credit where due; it's no shame nor shock Elway wasn't the same at 38 as he was at 28, but even the aging Elway remained elite. And the article is of course right to note that if we say Elway in his late thirties couldn't have won two SBs without Davis, it's at least as true that Denver never gets near a SB (much less THREE in four years) without Elway in his mid-twenties.

Conversely, let's look at TD's 3.8 average without Elway. That doesn't mean I don't think he was elite, but he wasn't nearly as effective when teams didn't respect the pass. He averaged at least a yard more every year with Elway at QB.

Poet
07-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Great article. Great Read

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820037/article/why-you-should-root-for-the-denver-broncos?campaign=fb-nf-sf98597607-sf98597607&sf98597607=1

I said all this shit two years ago when Elway delivered me to the promised land. I'm suing this man for stealing my work! Glad you were on the case, Northman!!!!!111

Joel
07-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Conversely, let's look at TD's 3.8 average without Elway. That doesn't mean I don't think he was elite, but he wasn't nearly as effective when teams didn't respect the pass. He averaged at least a yard more every year with Elway at QB.
A degenerative knee condition prematurely ending Davis' career may also have had something to do with his lower post-Elway average. ;) "Passing to establish the run" is ill-conceived for many reasons:

1) All else being equal, any decent D always prioritizes stopping passes over stopping runs, because passes do more damage faster and easier. Receivers don't have to follow blockers and weave between multiple tacklers at the line, just beat downfield coverage (often one-on-one) and a safety. That's why running to establish the pass IS so critical: Because the pass defense won't dare loosen up until/unless forced to pay more attention to the run.

2) Part of what makes knockout/walkoff runs so memorable is that they're so much less common than knockout passes, because runs are far less likely to make big gains or score points in a single play. For every thread about a classic Beast Mode or Diesel finisher, there's a dozen or two Hail Mary passes on a scale that could fill a whole website.

3) Running the score up enough can always sideline even the best RBs, but there's no possible situation where any coach will ever say, "I know our franchise guy's having yet another All Pro season, but we're too far behind with too little time left to keep passing."

It doesn't take a Terrell Davis; had Elway had a Clinton Portis or even Olandis Gary back in the '80s instead of Sammy Winder and Steve Sewell, he might have achieved the ultimate postseason success in his prime. And, ironically, probably have a less legendary legacy: The only way to earn a reputation for regularly making miraculous game-winning drives is to regularly find yourself way behind late in the 4th, when running for 150 yds on 30 carries is no longer viable whether or not it's possible.

Not saying Elway didn't make Davis better, but it was almost impossible for that to have the same impact as Davis making Elway better: Davis' BEST season rushing yardage—when he became just the 4th person EVER to run for >2000 in a year—was less than all but Elways WORST season passing yardage (as a rookie, when he went 4-6 and DeBerg 4-1, hence the latter started our wildcard loss @Seattle.)

It's a team sport, after all; Elway and Davis made EACH OTHER better, just as they and their blockers did. Arguably the biggest most memorable play of Eddie Macs career was a downfield BLOCK on a LB on a pass to a FB that gave us "1st and Championship to go." Without a lot of three-and-outs and a couple turnovers from an underrated Broncos D against Favres high octane Pack, even Elway and Davis combined might not have been enough.

Point being, even saying something like "Terrell Davis never could've had a 2008 yd rushing season without a HoF QB like John Elway" doesn't and can't invalidate the claim Elway never could've won a SB at 37 (let alone 38, his age when Davis ran for 2008 yds) without Davis. The statements aren't contradictory, they're complementary.

OrangeHoof
07-19-2017, 01:35 PM
I root for the Broncos for the same reasons I always root for them. I grew up around them. They are one of my few pro or college teams that consistently wins and occasionally wins championships. What's not to love?

FanInAZ
07-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Actually, that's mostly, if not entirely, his yards per carry with Brian Griese as starting QB. Don't forget that he tore his ACL about Bubby Brister started 4 games for the Broncos in 1998:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrisBu00/gamelog/1998/

Davis' stats in those games:

@ Redskins 21-119 (5.67)
vs. Eagles 20-168 (8.40)
vs. Chargers 24-78 (3.08)
@ Chiefs 24-88 (3.67)

TD's stats with Bubby Brister as starting QB: 89-453 (5.09)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00/gamelog/1998/

Explanation: Back then, when Ds go up against QBs with no starting experience, standard strategy was to pack 8 or 9 in the box in order stop the run and force the QB to stop them. Brister was not only an experience backup, he also had years of prior experience as a reasonably successful starter. Griese's prior experience before becoming a starter in 1999, 1-3 for 2 yards & 1 INT.

That said, is 2001 numbers (Griese's 3rd year as a starter, 2 years after his injury) were better then I realized it: 167-701 (4.20)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00/gamelog/2001/

BroncoJoe
07-19-2017, 05:40 PM
I think anyone that watched the Broncos for longer than their Superbowl winning years understands Davis played a huge role in winning those championships. It doesn't diminish Elway's career at all because we'd still be the Browns without him.

Davis wouldn't have won a SB without Elway either.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Joel, I'm not reading your essay.

Poet
07-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Joel, I'm not reading your essay.

You used to read mine.

Simple Jaded
07-19-2017, 09:39 PM
I <3 Dave Grohle.

Simple Jaded
07-19-2017, 09:40 PM

Dude, shut tf up with your Elway hate.

Simple Jaded
07-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Also, Eugene Robinson earned that embarrassment with his big ******* mouth.

Simple Jaded
07-19-2017, 09:58 PM
"Oh, Josh McDaniels was overrated"

Truer words have never been spoke, Adam, but Tebow is by far the single most overrated Broncos player ever.

Joel
07-20-2017, 10:59 AM
I think anyone that watched the Broncos for longer than their Superbowl winning years understands Davis played a huge role in winning those championships. It doesn't diminish Elway's career at all because we'd still be the Browns without him.

Davis wouldn't have won a SB without Elway either.
Nice summary; if you can take dictation and type faster than me, you're definitely the leading candidate for the position. :tongue:

That's not to diminish Elway, only give credit where due; it's no shame nor shock Elway wasn't the same at 38 as he was at 28, but even the aging Elway remained elite. And the article is of course right to note that if we say Elway in his late thirties couldn't have won two SBs without Davis, it's at least as true that Denver never gets near a SB (much less THREE in four years) without Elway in his mid-twenties.Dude, shut tf up with your Elway hate.
There you go violating Poe again.... :(

MOtorboat
07-20-2017, 12:29 PM
You used to read mine.

Yours are typically worth reading.

Way to ruin a nice thread, Joel. Good job as usual.

Slick
07-20-2017, 12:56 PM
If you're not going to read Joel's posts then stop shitting on him. You guys are being real a holes.

Poet
07-20-2017, 01:10 PM
If you're not going to read Joel's posts then stop shitting on him. You guys are being real a holes.

I've read damn near every word he's ever written that I've encountered. We make fun of Mo for being short. We poke fun at me for being fat. We all laugh at Chazoe for being really, really, really stupid. We laugh at Chazoe because he smells. We mostly make fun of Chazoe. We mock Joel for being longwinded.

Slick
07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
I've read damn near every word he's ever written that I've encountered. We make fun of Mo for being short. We poke fun at me for being fat. We all laugh at Chazoe for being really, really, really stupid. We laugh at Chazoe because he smells. We mostly make fun of Chazoe. We mock Joel for being longwinded.

Right, but his posts are not "hatin' on Elway" ffs.

Poet
07-20-2017, 01:25 PM

I don't think he meant to. But I didn't respect the argument he put about TD, Elway, and the like. At all. And unintentionally, I think he kind of was. But, I'm not the fan police either, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.

Joel
07-20-2017, 03:32 PM
I honestly took that line as sarcasm, since the whole text it quoted boils down to "Davis couldn't do it without Elway either, but Davis was still in elementary school when Elway was the only reason anyone outside Colorado had ever heard of the Broncos." Meh; as with the other posters you compared, most responses are less about WHAT was said than preexisting personal grudges against WHO said it: Half the time what was actually said doesn't even COME UP in the responses. That's people for ya. :tsk:

I don't think he meant to. But I didn't respect the argument he put about TD, Elway, and the like. At all. And unintentionally, I think he kind of was. But, I'm not the fan police either, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.
*shrugs* It's a team sport; if you want to worship individual achievement, go watch tennis. High summer provides literally THOUSANDS of baseball games in the majord alone—and it's only a month or two until those games will begin having lasting consequences! :lol: Heck, there's a ladies golf tournament in NY right now so Very Important we're all spending $400,000/year to cover it. :tongue:

Meanwhile, in fully TEAM oriented sports like football, ANY HoF individual dramatically raises the performance of ALL teammates: Including OTHER HoFers. Shocking....

Poet
07-20-2017, 04:45 PM
I read that entire post. The tone was still not differential to JFE.

It was a nice argument though?

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Joel hates John Elway, ask him, dating back to his playing days. The post in question comes off as more denigrating from Joel, it always does because it usually is.

Joel
07-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Joel hates John Elway, ask him, dating back to his playing days. The post in question comes off as more denigrating from Joel, it always does because it usually is.
Did your grammar school not teach the difference between past and present tense? Pity.

What I said—all of ONCE, in a single sentence (because we all know my comments are both brief and rare on everything about which I feel strongly)—was that I hateD him AT THE TIME OF The Drive II, because it was one of countless one-and-dones inflicted on the only team I'd ever had (sure, there were Landrys Cowboys, but they will always properly be my fathers team.) That teams very existence ceased years ago, so I sought another.

Since Dallas was fresh off becoming the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years (and still the only one to do it legitimately) in memory of my father, who died barely a month after their threepeat quest ended in the NFCCG (the last game he ever saw, so he didn't get to enjoy their redemption a year later,) but Jerry ruthlessly purged and inverted the Boy Scout mentality they possessed under Landry, and it's really hard to root for Jerrys taint. Meanwhile, using the current season to predict the NEXT seasons champion twice in a row had me cocky, so swinging for the fences with a pick from a Conference that hadn't won a SB in thirteen years was only logical, and the Broncos were a hard luck case on par with the K-Gun Bills, especially on the heels of their one-and-done home embarrassment by a two-year-old expansion team.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Again: My statements that you quoted were NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTARY TO ELWAY, so the only way that could be translated into "see? He hates Elway!" is if someone read that preconception into them out of personal bias: Good job. :rolleyes:

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 08:23 PM
So you were wrong about Elway?

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 08:55 PM
"Oh, Josh McDaniels was overrated"

Truer words have never been spoke, Adam, but Tebow is by far the single most overrated Broncos player ever.

He beat the steelers in a playoff game and was replaced by Manning.

We shall never hate on Tebow.

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 09:03 PM
He beat the steelers in a playoff game and was replaced by Manning.

We shall never hate on Tebow.

I Hate on Tebowmania, but he was the most overrated in the history of ever.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 09:08 PM
I Hate on Tebowmania, but he was the most overrated in the history of ever.

His fans are another thing. I'm talking about him.

He beat the steelers. Big Ben packed a sweet pinstripe suit for the postgame. LOL.

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 09:12 PM
His fans are another thing. I'm talking about him.

He beat the steelers. Big Ben packed a sweet pinstripe suit for the postgame. LOL.

His fans are the ones telling everyone that he beat the Steelers.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 09:34 PM
His fans are the ones telling everyone that he beat the Steelers.

I mean think of the two throws he made that game. He could never replicate it. Royal and Thomas.

Hawgdriver
07-22-2017, 09:37 PM
I come from the sabermetric school of thought that opines (with damn good data) that there is no such thing as 'clutch', but Tebow challenged that notion. Hoodie exposed his NFL shortcomings, but he had some killer moments. I can't ever resent him.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 09:52 PM
I come from the sabermetric school of thought that opines (with damn good data) that there is no such thing as 'clutch', but Tebow challenged that notion. Hoodie exposed his NFL shortcomings, but he had some killer moments. I can't ever resent him.

Remember that drive against the Jets? When he ran that TD in I gave some NE ***** an earful. My dad was there and redid his will the next day.

Hawgdriver
07-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Remember that drive against the Jets? When he ran that TD in I gave some NE ***** an earful. My dad was there and redid his will the next day.

Exactly what I was thinking about. It's not how it's drawn up, it's just greatness in the most critical moment. Maybe it was Jets blundering their coverage, but I guess you have to give him credit for recognizing that and playing to his strength.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking about. It's not how it's drawn up, it's just greatness in the most critical moment. Maybe it was Jets blundering their coverage, but I guess you have to give him credit for recognizing that and playing to his strength.

He looked off the safety. For the first time ever in his life. That's what I told the Jets fan. Tebow looked off the safety for the first time ever. Against you guys.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Lemme find the you tube. Its in my favorites. Its forelay to me.

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 10:00 PM
TXdFU-9DAoM

BeefStew25
07-22-2017, 10:01 PM
Elway is like **** please break your leg or something. I don't want you. Where's the Pepcid AC.

Simple Jaded
07-22-2017, 11:13 PM
I mean think of the two throws he made that game. He could never replicate it. Royal and Thomas.

He made several good throws but most college QB's wouldn't struggle to replicate them.

BeefStew25
07-23-2017, 12:27 AM
He made several good throws but most college QB's wouldn't struggle to replicate them.

They didn't beat the Steelers in the playoffs. It's on his resume.

Simple Jaded
07-23-2017, 02:45 PM
They didn't beat the Steelers in the playoffs. It's on his resume.

It's on DT and Eddie Royal's resumes too, Tony Carter and Lance Ball, for that matter.

Joel
07-23-2017, 04:35 PM
It's on DT and Eddie Royal's resumes too, Tony Carter and Lance Ball, for that matter.
C'mon, man, go back and actually LOOK at those throws. Sure, people can say the game-winner was an easy short pass, that every JV backup in the country would've seen the one-on-one coverage with a lone safety deep, and that DT did all the work. But that TD to Royal in the end zone on the sideline—over a leaping Ike Taylor but right into Royals midsection—was a thing of beauty. 90% of NFL starters couldn't make a throw that long yet that precise >10% of the time.

Not to mention there was a very good reason Pitt had 10 guys on the line on the first play of OT, one that had nothing to do with dismissing our #1 WRs playmaking ability but everything to do with fear of our QBs feet. The guy had buckets full of genuine inborn talent: He just never had the coaching to develop a walnuts full of skill.

BeefStew25
07-23-2017, 05:19 PM

YOur username is perfect.

slim
07-23-2017, 07:22 PM
That game against Pit is legend. You haters should learn to enjoy it.

slim
07-23-2017, 07:25 PM
I got 99 problems but Jaded aint one.

Poet
07-23-2017, 07:47 PM
I got 99 problems but Jaded aint one.

I got 99 Jaded's but a problem ain't one.

Simple Jaded
07-23-2017, 09:18 PM
C'mon, man, go back and actually LOOK at those throws. Sure, people can say the game-winner was an easy short pass, that every JV backup in the country would've seen the one-on-one coverage with a lone safety deep, and that DT did all the work. But that TD to Royal in the end zone on the sideline—over a leaping Ike Taylor but right into Royals midsection—was a thing of beauty. 90% of NFL starters couldn't make a throw that long yet that precise >10% of the time.

Not to mention there was a very good reason Pitt had 10 guys on the line on the first play of OT, one that had nothing to do with dismissing our #1 WRs playmaking ability but everything to do with fear of our QBs feet. The guy had buckets full of genuine inborn talent: He just never had the coaching to develop a walnuts full of skill.

Too Joel; Didn't Read.

Edit

Alright, I gotta say, bullshit! Tebow was good at three routes, the throws to Royal and DT were literally 2/3 of those. BFD!

Tebow had some physical talent but had zero NFL skills. "Buckets of genuine inborn talent", he did nothing at an NFL level. You're full of buckets of genuine shit, quit blaming the hundreds of coaches and gurus that failed at making something out of his Hideo Nomo throwing motion. It was pathetic then and even more pathetic now. He chose Urb Meyer, all those QB Gurus and the Jets, the only one that got anything out of him were the ones that just let him be the limited QB he was.

He was the worst passer the NFL had seen in decades.

Simple Jaded
07-23-2017, 09:19 PM
That game against Pit is legend. You haters should learn to enjoy it.

Actually this is true, that's when I knew DT had arrived.

Simple Jaded
07-23-2017, 09:31 PM
He looked off the safety. For the first time ever in his life. That's what I told the Jets fan. Tebow looked off the safety for the first time ever. Against you guys.

Wait, he looked off the S...and ran?

Simple Jaded
07-23-2017, 09:52 PM
I think it's hilarious that Siemian and Orton take a beating for checking down when the majority of Tebow's completions were check downs versus prevent defenses.

BeefStew25
07-24-2017, 10:17 AM
Wait, he looked off the S...and ran?

Yeah! And we won! And we made the playoffs! And beat the Steelers!

That was a down year for us. That's how cool we are.

BeefStew25
07-24-2017, 10:44 AM
I think it's hilarious that Siemian and Orton take a beating for checking down when the majority of Tebow's completions were check downs versus prevent defenses.

Right. And he still beat the Steelers.

Simple Jaded
07-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Yeah! And we won! And we made the playoffs! And beat the Steelers!

That was a down year for us. That's how cool we are.
We won? Don't you mean Tebow won?

BroncoJoe
07-24-2017, 04:56 PM
That was a magical year. I don't give a shit what the anti or pro Tebow bois say. It was fun.

Simple Jaded
07-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Right. And he still beat the Steelers.

Dick Lebeau beat the Steelers that day.

Simple Jaded
07-24-2017, 04:57 PM
That was a magical year. I don't give a shit what the anti or pro Tebow bois say. It was fun.

It was garbage from beginning to end.

slim
07-24-2017, 04:57 PM

I doubt we will ever see a season like that again. Practically every win was a miracle finish....unreal.

BroncoJoe
07-24-2017, 04:59 PM

If you're a Raiders or Steelers fan, sure.

Valar Morghulis
07-24-2017, 05:23 PM

Come on jaded, you must have loved that bears running back allowing just enough time...... For Tebow time

Simple Jaded
07-24-2017, 09:40 PM
I doubt we will ever see a season like that again. Practically every win was a miracle finish....unreal.

If we ever see the same thing again I guarantee people hate every second of it. A lot like the last five seasons when the offense struggles and the QB isn't named Tim Tebow.

Simple Jaded
07-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Come on jaded, you must have loved that bears running back allowing just enough time...... For Tebow time

Yeah that was great until the utter bullshit hype followed, dude runs out of bounds, Kicker kicks two ginormous FG's and everybody is all "OMG, Tebow is the greatest of all time!"

Broncos fans remember Tebowmania different than most people because it was complete garbage to most people.

Any other QB plays like that, win or lose, they're turned on by fans long before they're benched. 99.99% of QB's that bad never see the field.

You watch, if Lynch never gets any better he never sees the field for Denver, and he's a million times the QB Tebow was.

Poet
07-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Tebow was fun. Don't hate fun.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 03:32 AM
Tebow was fun. Don't hate fun.

Tebow was like watching a puppy **** with a porcupine.

Hawgdriver
07-25-2017, 03:49 AM
Tebow was like watching a puppy **** a porcupine.

:lolol:

sneakers
07-25-2017, 04:27 AM
soooo what was the reason?

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 01:48 PM
We won? Don't you mean Tebow won?

Oh my bad you don't have season tickets. My apologies.

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 01:50 PM
We should have been 4-12 that year. Maybe worse. Fox was like **** it, lets see what our downs QB can do in his system.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 02:20 PM
We should have been 4-12 that year. Maybe worse. Fox was like **** it, lets see what our downs QB can do in his system.

Would have been even better with Orton, might have actually won more games before the last 2 minutes/OT of the game.

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Would have been even better with Orton.

Bull. That line was built for exactly what we did.

slim
07-25-2017, 02:37 PM
If we ever see the same thing again I guarantee people hate every second of it. A lot like the last five seasons when the offense struggles and the QB isn't named Tim Tebow.

I think you are wrong. People want to make the playoffs and then hope to win a few. No one hates that.

Poet
07-25-2017, 02:37 PM
I think you are wrong. People want to make the playoffs and then hope to win a few. No one hates that.

Hi, Slim.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Bull. That line was built for exactly what we did.

That was one round peg and ten square pegs being crammed into 11 round holes just to suit that one round peg, it was beyond stupid. The real credit goes to those square pegs and the square peg OC running a 1950's round hole offense.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 02:51 PM

Go visit the game day treads from the last five years, the moment the offense doesn't WOW us we lose our minds. The offense never again sunk to 2011 lows but you wouldn't know that from reading those treads. And that's WITH legitimate reason to believe the offense would improve the next week. Unlike 2011 where it was a lost cause.

BroncoJoe
07-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Would have been even better with Orton, might have actually won more games before the last 2 minutes/OT of the game.

Wait, what?

Weren't we 1-4 with Orton that year before they started Tebow?

Good grief.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Wait, what?

Weren't we 1-4 with Orton that year before they started Tebow?

Good grief.
Big ******* deal! This has been addressed only a thousand times, do you wish to continue to believe that the only difference between 1-4 and the rest of the season was Tim Tebow?

BroncoJoe
07-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Big ******* deal! This has been addressed only a thousand times, do you wish to continue to believe that the only difference between 1-4 and the rest of the season was Tim Tebow?

The team gave up on Orton, and more importantly, Orton gave up on himself. Orton had a 12-21 record with the Broncos.

The team rallied behind Tebow. Like it or not.

slim
07-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Hi, Slim.

Hi King.

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 03:16 PM

Benching Brock and putting Manning back in and us (season ticket holders) winning the super bowl had nothing to do with manning.

:wetfart:

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 03:16 PM
The team gave up on Orton, and more importantly, Orton gave up on himself. Orton had a 12-21 record with the Broncos.

The team rallied behind Tebow. Like it or not.
Like it or not That's entirely untrue, Tebow was a "loner" in the lockerroom, especially at halftime. If anything the team rallied BECAUSE of his ineptitude. All that "infectious" post-TD, sideline, pep rally bullshit was short-lived.

What you think you saw never happened.

slim
07-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Like it or not That's entirely untrue, Tebow was a "loner" in the lockerroom, especially at halftime. If anything the team rallied BECAUSE of his ineptitude. All that "infectious" post-TD, sideline, pep rally bullshit was short-lived.

I think I saw him take over starting QB for a 1-4 team and then win a playoff game.

I pretty sure that did happen.

Beef, can you confirm.

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 03:19 PM

He didn't go 7-4?

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 03:20 PM
I think I saw him take over starting QB for a 1-4 team and then win a playoff game.

I pretty sure that did happen.

Beef, can you confirm.

Yes. I can. I'm glad he didn't come back and it worked out great for us (season ticket holders).

Tebow maxed out every iota of his talent. I wish Jaded would also.

slim
07-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Yes. I can. I'm glad he didn't come back and it worked out great for us (season ticket holders).

Tebow maxed out every iota of his talent. I wish Jaded would also.

Jaded is stuck somewhere between fantasy and reality. I think he should lay off the shrooms

Simple Jaded
Benching Brock and putting Manning back in and us (season ticket holders) winning the super bowl had nothing to do with manning.

:wetfart:
Would this "season ticket" angle you're working be better if you explained it to me?

Btw, I never mentioned Brent or Manning, but it's apples to oranges. Unless you're saying that Orton play wasn't any more to blame for the offenses struggles than Brent's was (because Brent's play wasn't), and I'm sure as hell not saying the team rallied behind Tebow like they did with Proweiler (because the team didn't).

BroncoJoe

All I can do is LOL. You're so full of shit, I bet you have brown eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szK_2PbAXgc

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 03:27 PM
I think he should lay off the shrooms

That's just crazy talk, we're trying to have a serious discussion here slim.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 03:29 PM
All I can do is LOL. You're so full of shit, I bet you have brown eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szK_2PbAXgc

Green eyes...and what does a hype video prove?

BroncoJoe
07-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Winning.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Winning.

:golfclap:

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Diarrhea.

Mike
07-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Orton was worse than Tebow. He was crap. That was the only year that I absolutely didn't enjoy watching Bronco games...99% was because Orton was the QB.

Not that Tebow was good. Orton was just crap.

BroncoJoe
07-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Orton was worse than Tebow. He was crap. That was the only year that I absolutely didn't enjoy watching Bronco games...99% was because Orton was the QB.

Well, to be honest, the first 5 games were horrible. The next 11 were exciting. Well, at least the 4th quarter was.... In 7 of them....

:couch:

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 05:09 PM

Worse at what? Not hitting Joe Sixpack in section 110, Row 15, Seat 9 in stride?

Aside from rushing the offense went in the tank across the board. Three-and-outs? Boring? The biggest reasons we shit on
Kubiak's offense? Please tell me you know where I'm going with this?

Poet
07-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Tim Tebow was a leader, though. He led the team and they loved him.

Simple Jaded
Diarrhea.

#seasonticketholder

Simple Jaded
Tim Tebow was a leader, though. He led the team and they loved him.

#FakeNews

Poet
07-25-2017, 05:15 PM
Hi King.

Are you still angered with me?

BeefStew25
07-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Jaded is the guy that wanted Reeves to trade Elway. He will never admit that.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 05:50 PM

These are fightin words.

slim
07-25-2017, 05:50 PM

Wow...Jaded is my dad?

Poet
07-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Wow...Jaded is my dad?

??????????

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 05:51 PM
I'm not that old.

slim
07-25-2017, 05:53 PM
??????????

My dad did not have a favorable opinion of the trade to get Elway. This was reinforced when #7 played like shit as a rookie. My dad came around eventually.

Not exactly the same as Jaded wanting Reeves to trade Elway....so I retract my statement.

Slick
07-25-2017, 05:54 PM
This is hilarious.

MOtorboat
07-25-2017, 05:54 PM
#slimgator

slim
07-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Are you still angered with me?

I don't think so.

Was I angry with you?

Poet
#slimgator

In my heart I know Orton was by far a better player, and that Tebow sucked ass, the defense carried him, and the offense would have produced more points with Orton.

But dammit...TEBOW TIME!

Poet
I don't think so.

Was I angry with you?

Yes.

slim
07-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Yes.

Oh. Well it seems to have passed.

Poet
07-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Oh. Well it seems to have passed.

Passed liked Elway in his prime, or like Orton?

Poet
07-25-2017, 05:59 PM
TL;DR - Elway is awesome and fun. So are the Broncos. Rich history. Nice fans. Good franchise.

slim
07-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Passed liked Elway in his prime, or like Orton?

#7.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Elway did have stupid teeth, and he is white, I really liked how Dan Reeves said the word "schedule"... trading him doesn't sound so bad in retrospect.

BeefStew25
07-26-2017, 09:39 AM
Jaded let's meet somewhere and fight then have a beer.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Jaded let's meet somewhere and fight then have a beer.

You could really do that in any particular order. You could even sandwich it: beer, fight, then beer again

BeefStew25
07-26-2017, 12:01 PM
You could really do that in any particular order. You could even sandwich it: beer, fight, then beer again

And maybe some sodomy.

slim
07-26-2017, 01:21 PM
And maybe some sodomy.

Sounds like you and Jaded have a nice little evening planned!

BeefStew25
07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Sounds like you and Jaded have a nice little evening planned!

It's going to be an aggressive two and a half minutes to say the least.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
As long as Dave brings the hookers and blow.

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
As long as Dave brings the hookers and blow.

Is this a trick? Of course I will

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Is this a trick? Of course I will

That's just my way of asking, I never wanna take you for granted.