View Full Version : Peyton Manning Destroys KD at Espys

ShaneFalco
07-12-2017, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1BVp2B0P2I

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-12-2017, 07:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1BVp2B0P2I

:laugh: :lol:

I can't believe he went there, then asked Westbrook what he thinks! Oh man, that's an instant classic....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-12-2017, 07:46 PM
I had to watch it again. Oh man, that's akward. I hope king watches this soon!

ShaneFalco
07-12-2017, 07:59 PM
King will not be happy

aberdien
07-12-2017, 09:09 PM
My hero

Simple Jaded
07-12-2017, 09:18 PM
PG-- Murray
SG-- Harris
SF-- Durant
PF-- Millsap
C--- Joker

Durant should've made this happen, maybe he wouldn't be the butthole of Manning's joke.

Hawgdriver
07-13-2017, 12:38 AM
That was comedy platinum. It gets no better. KD's response was pretty intense lol.

MOtorboat
07-13-2017, 01:12 AM
KD is either really good at acting pissy or he's a douche. Leaning on the latter.

You left a good situation to sign with the second-best team in the league without you. Own it and have some fun.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 07:19 AM
KD is either really good at acting pissy or he's a douche. Leaning on the latter.

You left a good situation to sign with the second-best team in the league without you. Own it and have some fun.

Seriously. Athletes who take themselves this seriously and can't laugh at themselves are the worst. Shit look at Devonta Freeman when Peyton was making 28-3 jokes. He was laughing along with them. Shit like this is why noone likes KD.

chazoe60
07-13-2017, 07:21 AM
The NBA is basically a league of Divas. It's what the NFL would be if the only players in the league were WRs.

Slick
07-13-2017, 07:43 AM

KD knew it was coming. I'm sure they didn't just spring that on him.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 07:47 AM
KD knew it was coming. I'm sure they didn't just spring that on him.

Why not just laugh along then? It's just going to reinforce most people's already pretty negative opinion on you to sit there and scowl and look pouty when Manning is up there poking fun at you. Maybe he just likes being a villain? If so, more power to him I guess.

weazel
07-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Gold Jerry, Gold!

Slick
07-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Why not just laugh along then? It's just going to reinforce most people's already pretty negative opinion on you to sit there and scowl and look pouty when Manning is up there poking fun at you. Maybe he just likes being a villain? If so, more power to him I guess.

I think it was all planned that way. He was supposed to look pissed off.

Buff
07-13-2017, 10:35 AM
The Nationwide commercial where he's the jingle coach was pretty good too.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 10:41 AM

Eh, that just seems like a weird thing to plan. Anyone who doesn't know it was planned that way is just going to like him less or continue to dislike him. And I'm still not totally convinced this was planned. Did you see that reported or is it just your educated guess?

Buff
07-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't have even made sense for that to be scripted - it didn't enhance the joke for him to be pissed... That's just him being petulant.

weazel
07-13-2017, 10:59 AM
I think the whole thing was racist

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't have even made sense for that to be scripted - it didn't enhance the joke for him to be pissed... That's just him being petulant.

Exactly. The point of planning a bit like this isn't to make yourself less likable to the public. If this was planned, it backfired on him pretty terribly. Now I kinda expect him to just come out and say it was planned to save face PR-wise.

aberdien
07-13-2017, 11:48 AM

I'm always skeptical of these kinds of things, so I am not completely sold that KD and Russ weren't in on it.

Still awesome though.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm always skeptical of these kinds of things, so I am not completely sold that KD and Russ weren't in on it.

I guess my biggest hangup on it being planned is...why come up with a bit that makes you less likeable, then not tell anyone it was a bit so they will just assume you are a surly douche? I guess I just don't see how that adds up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-13-2017, 11:59 AM
It's a comedy roast. That's what happens at a roast. Why give a rip if it's scripted?

aberdien
07-13-2017, 12:10 PM
I guess my biggest hangup on it being planned is...why come up with a bit that makes you less likeable, then not tell anyone it was a bit so they will just assume you are a surly douche? I guess I just don't see how that adds up.

KD has been known as a nice guy for most of his career.

I think he is enjoying being an antagonist.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 12:12 PM
KD has been known as a nice guy for most of his career.

I think he is enjoying being an antagonist.

This is really the only way it makes sense to think it was a bit. He just loves being the villain and is feeding off of it.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Chris Haynes‏Verified account @ChrisBHaynes

For those interested, I'm told Kevin Durant was in on the Peyton Manning gymanistic team roast at #ESPYS2017. KD played his part well.

Haynes is a NBA reporter for ESPN. Also, last night on local cbs, the sports guy showed Durant's expression, and said all is well, as
Kevin and Peyton shook hands after the show, and hugged each other. I have no idea where he got that from.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 12:37 PM
So KD just likes for people to think he's a d-bag. Alrighty, then! Well then he played his part well.

aberdien
07-13-2017, 12:41 PM
You guys should be less gullible like me and Slick :cool:

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 12:43 PM
I should have been more woke.

weazel
07-13-2017, 12:47 PM
I thought Dicaprio's reaction was worse than KD's, I think it took everyone by surprise

https://media.giphy.com/media/3it8ObkvKdiYo/giphy.gif

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-13-2017, 12:56 PM

Or just not give a crap

Denver Native (Carol)
07-13-2017, 01:23 PM
A few minutes ago on TheFan, they said that Russell was also in on it.

Joel
07-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Gold Jerry, Gold!
Murphy Browns ex-boyfriend/Morton Downey Jr. parody? I preferred the photographer, even knowing he always hoped his next leap would be the leap to the Enterprise.

So KD just likes for people to think he's a d-bag. Alrighty, then! Well then he played his part well.
Hadn't you noticed douchebag's the new "decency"? "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'," and if it's not even ILLEGAL (just douchey) who cares? Morality's for priests.

Slick
07-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Wave and Buff need to apologize.

BroncoWave
07-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Wave and Buff need to apologize.

Hmm, that doesn't sound like something Buff or I would do.

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2017, 04:13 PM
I didn't see the ESPY's last night. I wanted to, but kids.

So, when I saw some Facebook posts late last night about KD's reaction I had to watch the clips.

I felt right away that KD knew the joke was coming, and his reaction was planned. I wasn't completely surprised that all my fellow Thunder fans saw what they wanted to see. Heck, I wanted to see it too, but that's when you have to be careful. When you want a story to be true that's precisely when you have to question it the most.

I think his surly face lasted too long for it not to be a joke, or intentional. If it had been a quicker reaction, and then he changed, I'd have a harder time.

That being said, this morning I've seen lots of conversation of how unhappy and surly he appeared later in the program when he got an award, and also with this Warrior team-mates. I haven't seen any of that. But if that's the case, then that argues for him actually being upset.

Who knows?

The Warrior beat writer being the guy to "break the news" that KD knew ahead of time isn't exactly the most credible sourcing. Probably would have been better for it to come from somewhere else, or not at all.

BroncoJoe
07-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Knowing Peyton like I don't, I can't imagine him saying something like that without running it by the fellas first.

That said, Peyton was funny as usual, the other two I couldn't give two shits about.

weazel
07-13-2017, 05:15 PM
I just found out that Canadians eat the most Kraft Macaroni and Cheese per capita in the world. I just lost alot of respect for my countrymen

Joel
07-13-2017, 05:55 PM
I just found out that Canadians eat the most Kraft Macaroni and Cheese per capita in the world. I just lost alot of respect for my countrymen
It's like a gourmet delicacy up there, or so the Canucks tell me. For that matter, I've had multiple Norwegians request I ship them some too, though that was before Kraft retooled it to the "nothing artificial" form. Weird, but that's people for ya: Less than a century ago, lobster was considered so undesirable (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster#History) even the poorest servants specified in employment contracts that they would not eat it more than twice a week, while prison inmates were irate at being fed lobsters routinely. Changing (literal) tastes and cultural standards have since made the former fish-bait an expensive delicacy.

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2017, 08:09 PM

If I had a million dollars
We wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinners

But we would!

Simple Jaded
07-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Shells and cheese.

Simple Jaded
07-13-2017, 09:50 PM
It's like a gourmet delicacy up there, or so the Canucks tell me. For that matter, I've had multiple Norwegians request I ship them some too, though that was before Kraft retooled it to the "nothing artificial" form. Weird, but that's people for ya: Less than a century ago, lobster was considered so undesirable (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster#History) even the poorest servants specified in employment contracts that they would not eat it more than twice a week, while prison inmates were irate at being fed lobsters routinely. Changing (literal) tastes and cultural standards have since made the former fish-bait an expensive delicacy.

Lobster is just a fancy excuse to eat butter.

Joel
07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Lobster is just a fancy excuse to eat butter.
Not just butter, GARLIC butter; how else could we get that for less money (https://www.google.com/search?q=garlic+bread&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=garlic+bread&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3009j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8), huh?! :confused:

Nah, seriously though, it's pretty tasty if you don't mind the shelling. But once I found out HEB steams them for free, the appeal of restaurants died a quick quiet death: For a third as much (if that) as going out, I can eat lobster wearing nothing but boxers and watching TV in my living room. Yes, I'm a pig—but a lobster-fed pig! :)

Simple Jaded
07-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Not just butter, GARLIC butter; how else could we get that for less money (https://www.google.com/search?q=garlic+bread&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=garlic+bread&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3009j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8), huh?! :confused:

Nah, seriously though, it's pretty tasty if you don't mind the shelling. But once I found out HEB steams them for free, the appeal of restaurants died a quick quiet death: For a third as much (if that) as going out, I can eat lobster wearing nothing but boxers and watching TV in my living room. Yes, I'm a pig—but a lobster-fed pig! :)

I've tried lobster twice, and I am most definitely a pig...but...nah.

Crab legs, all-you-can-eat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Medium rare mahi-mahi with mango salsa!

Simple Jaded
07-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Medium rare mahi-mahi with mango salsa!

Qdoba used to have mango salsa...so good!

Joel
07-15-2017, 05:13 AM
I've tried lobster twice, and I am most definitely a pig...but...nah.

Crab legs, all-you-can-eat.
Crab's OK, but doesn't have the same depth and breadth of flavor. Maybe I should stick with all-you-can-eat crawdads, but that's a LOT of shelling for VERY little meat.

Simple Jaded
07-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Crab's OK, but doesn't have the same depth and breadth of flavor. Maybe I should stick with all-you-can-eat crawdads, but that's a LOT of shelling for VERY little meat.

No crawdads either, anything that swims backwards.

The Glue Factory
07-18-2017, 09:40 AM
No crawdads either, anything that swims backwards.

So prawns, shrimp and lobster are out?

I think we need to add Mo to that list too. :D

Poet
07-18-2017, 11:56 AM
KD can't be destroyed - he's the best player in the world!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-18-2017, 01:06 PM
KD can't be destroyed - he's the best player in the world!

He's not even the best player in California, how can he be the best player in the world?

MOtorboat
07-18-2017, 01:22 PM
He's not even the best player in California, how can he be the best player in the world?

Huh?

Poet
07-18-2017, 01:26 PM

He's the best player, on the best team, and he destroyed LBJ, who was formerly the best player in the world. Watch that three KD made at the end of game 3 - he rolled up on LBJ and it was brutal to watch.

Curry is not better than KD, and I think you're implying that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Huh?

It's funny, because you know, there are numerous teams in California, and he might not be the best player in the state?

MOtorboat
07-18-2017, 01:34 PM
It's funny, because you know, there are numerous teams in California, and he might not be the best player in the state?

I'm aware of the multiple teams. Who is better?

BroncoWave
07-18-2017, 01:39 PM
He's the best player, on the best team, and he destroyed LBJ, who was formerly the best player in the world. Watch that three KD made at the end of game 3 - he rolled up on LBJ and it was brutal to watch.

Curry is not better than KD, and I think you're implying that.

Child please. If you swap LeBron and KD, Golden State wins every game by at least 30. KD is not better than LeBron.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-18-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm aware of the multiple teams. Who is better?

Can we just let the joke go?

Ok fine, I would take Curry over Durant.

Poet
07-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Child please. If you swap LeBron and KD, Golden State wins every game by at least 30. KD is not better than LeBron.

LBJ lost the one on one matchup, horribly. End of game three a gassed LBJ is too tired to beat out Green who is horribly out of position. A minute later Durant rolls up on LBJ and drains the shattering three.

Game one - LBJ slides to the ground after KD gave him that work.

Etc. And don't forget that Durant's defense this season was noteworthy and high level, whereas LBJ's defense was awful. Cavs would get better on D and the Warriors would get worse.

We watched the changing of the guard. LBJ all-time is better than KD. KD today is better than LBJ.

Poet
07-18-2017, 02:01 PM

I thought you were being serious. Sorry, Mr. Mayor.

Joel
07-18-2017, 04:49 PM
LBJ all-time is better than KD. KD today is better than LBJ.
I'll have to take your word for that: I've eaten Kraft Dinner more times than I can count, but never once eaten any dead president.

Simple Jaded
07-18-2017, 05:13 PM
So prawns, shrimp and lobster are out?

I think we need to add Mo to that list too. :D

I'll eat some shrimp.

NightTerror218
07-19-2017, 05:07 PM
That was awesome Peyton.

Joel
07-20-2017, 10:56 AM
I'll eat some shrimp.
That's MOs problem, not mine. ;)