PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Paxton Lynch making push for starting QB

Magnificent Seven
06-25-2017, 11:24 PM
The quarterback competition is just starting to heat up in Denver.

Entering the Broncos' offseason program it seemed like Trevor Siemian might have the "upper hand" but Paxton Lynch is making a push for the starting quarterback job.

Mike Klis of KUSA-TV reports that something happened to the 2016 first-round draft pick in the final two weeks.

"His switch was flipped. He started to get it," Klis wrote for 9news.com. "He started to play as if he was doing just that - playing. Playing and not thinking about his protections and hot reads and coverages and delivering the ball on time."

Lynch agreed that he was finally starting to make some progress.

"Yeah, I mean the more reps I'm getting with these guys, the more I get to go against the defense and see the looks live compared to just on paper, it's helping me a lot," Lynch told Klis. "I think each practice I've progressively got better.

"I think it's made me and Trevor both better players going through it. Also, I think it's made the offense even better as well. Us competing, making us play better, making the guys around us play better."

Veterans report to training camp on July 26. If Lynch can continue to make great strides coach Vance Joseph will have to face a difficult task, hopefully before the start of the season. It's a decision Lynch isn't sure how it will go down.

"I guess it's up to the coaches to decide," Lynch said. "They get paid that kind of money to make those decisions. All I can do is go out there and play, get better every day and then whatever happens after that will happen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817288/article/broncos-paxton-lynch-making-push-for-starting-qb

Hawgdriver
06-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Like this kind of push?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AZNV9I1nBF4/UB6SvKtIR6I/AAAAAAAAAWY/fk8_oWh9JCI/s1600/midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

Hawgdriver
06-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Srslee...this isn't the chatter you hear when a dude is legit. Too hedged and conditional.

But I hope to be wrong, because the situation is lame af. If he ain't legit or TS don't level up, it's a shitshow.

BeefStew25
06-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Chad Kelly. Man.

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Like this kind of push?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AZNV9I1nBF4/UB6SvKtIR6I/AAAAAAAAAWY/fk8_oWh9JCI/s1600/midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

More like this:

Simple Jaded
06-26-2017, 12:15 AM
You jaded mother truckers. This is a perfect opportunity to troll and you choose to troll someone that won't know you're trolling him.

Northman
06-26-2017, 04:50 AM
You jaded mother truckers. This is a perfect opportunity to troll and you choose to troll someone that won't know you're trolling him.

But we're nothing but mammals.

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 07:15 AM

At this point, can we just skip this period of the waiting game and get to camp? I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to start hearing reports about these two QB's that actually mean something.

It's great that Paxton according to Klis is starting to have it click for him, I hope it has. hopefully it keeps clicking when the pads are on and the game speeds up. Until that happens, this is just filler discussion while waiting for the real competition to start.

Cugel
06-26-2017, 10:38 AM
"Sun rises in the east today! For more on the story, Lisa is standing by with the Weather Team. Take it away Lisa!"

Paxton was pretty much raw coming out of Memphis. Everybody with a brain understood this. He wasn't ready. Well, now it looks like he is ready to compete and maybe start.

This is like getting to the starting line of a marathon. That's nice. Now run.

The truth is neither of these guys is going to "win" the starting job in the pre-season. One of them is going to be named the "starter" - and he'll keep his starting job for a week and then we'll see what happens.

If the starter plays well and the team beats the Chargers Week 1, then he keeps his job until that changes. If he plays well but the team loses, he might get a couple of games, but then if things don't change he still loses his starting job. Just like Brock Osweiler in week 17 against the Chargers. He didn't play terribly, but his teammates sucked. The team needed a spark, so they put in Peyton in the second half. Brock got hurt feelings about it, and about Peyton being named the starter in the playoffs.

Well, too bad. Life ain't fair.

The same rules apply here. There is over a 50% probability that NEITHER of these QBs will be starting week 1 of 2018, or that even if one of them is, Elway has already drafted a QB in the first round of the 2018 draft and Trevor or Paxton is just a place holder until that QB can get ready.

You can bet that is exactly what will happen if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
"Sun rises in the east today! For more on the story, Lisa is standing by with the Weather Team. Take it away Lisa!"

Paxton was pretty much raw coming out of Memphis. Everybody with a brain understood this. He wasn't ready. Well, now it looks like he is ready to compete and maybe start.

This is like getting to the starting line of a marathon. That's nice. Now run.

The truth is neither of these guys is going to "win" the starting job in the pre-season. One of them is going to be named the "starter" - and he'll keep his starting job for a week and then we'll see what happens.

If the starter plays well and the team beats the Chargers Week 1, then he keeps his job until that changes. If he plays well but the team loses, he might get a couple of games, but then if things don't change he still loses his starting job. Just like Brock Osweiler in week 17 against the Chargers. He didn't play terribly, but his teammates sucked. The team needed a spark, so they put in Peyton in the second half. Brock got hurt feelings about it, and about Peyton being named the starter in the playoffs.

Well, too bad. Life ain't fair.

The same rules apply here. There is over a 50% probability that NEITHER of these QBs will be starting week 1 of 2018, or that even if one of them is, Elway has already drafted a QB in the first round of the 2018 draft and Trevor or Paxton is just a place holder until that QB can get ready.

You can bet that is exactly what will happen if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

I hope you are wrong there, because honestly, I'm not eager to start the QB carousel. One of the two needs to firmly establish themselves and then once named the starter run away with the job.

It doesn't matter which, but one of them better nut up and get it done so we don't spend the next decade searching for a QB that works.

BeefStew25
06-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Hopefully we can gel this offseason.

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Hopefully we can gel this offseason.

Yup. If we get the o-line turned into a cohesive unit and get a running game going, it's really not going to matter which QB gets the nod. For the second year in a row, the entire season hinges on us finding an o-line out of a list of mostly turds.

BeefStew25
06-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Yup. If we get the o-line turned into a cohesive unit and get a running game going, it's really not going to matter which QB gets the nod. For the second year in a row, the entire season hinges on us finding an o-line out of a list of mostly turds.

Agreed. The key is the gel.

Joel
06-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Ya don't say....

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Ya don't say....

I never said otherwise Joel, I just questioned your logic that it had to be first rounders

Joel
06-26-2017, 03:03 PM
I never said otherwise Joel, I just questioned your logic that it had to be first rounders
HAD to? No, but, while the draft's a crap shoot in all rounds, the odds of top players are self-evidently and disproportionately best in early rounds. Until now, Sambrailo was our only second rounder since Franklin (a late second at that.) Beadles was a second rounder the year before but, before that we took no linemen early since George Foster with #20 overall pick of 2003.

Yes, Foster sucked hard (so was replaced with 3rd round pick and recent SB Champ Ryan Harris a few years later) and Beadles was a scrub SB liability for whom Jax overpaid—but expecting anything BETTER from LATER picks like Sambrailo (to say nothing of a late 3rd rounder like Schofield) was foolish at best and delusional at worst. Blame the coaches if we must, but guys who can't "coach up" 1st and 2nd rounders will do no better with 3rd and 5th rounders.

It's funny to continue debating this in the context of whether last years 1st round pick or the previous years 7th round pick is our Franchise QB; who said the starting QBs "had to be first rounders"? Pretty much every starting QB for the last 30 years except Brady and Romo—but any random waiver wire reject can protect them?

MOtorboat
06-26-2017, 04:11 PM
I hope one of them is good enough so the line doesn't matter. That's probably not going to happen, but I'm going to hope.

Magnificent Seven
06-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Who do you rooting for?

Siemian or Lynch? They got better OL this season.

BroncoWave
06-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Who do you rooting for?

I'm rooting for both as well as Kelly. We just need 1 of the 3 to be good, don't really care much which one. It would be nice to see it be Lynch with what we invested in him, but I'm a little more worried that all 3 will suck. If any one of them can be the long term answer I'll be content.

Nomad
06-26-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm rooting for both as well as Kelly. We just need 1 of the 3 to be good, don't really care much which one. It would be nice to see it be Lynch with what we invested in him, but I'm a little more worried that all 3 will suck. If any one of them can be the long term answer I'll be content.

I agree with you.......hard to believe we're rooting for Chad Kelly, huh? :lol:

MOtorboat
06-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Who do you rooting for?

I'm rooting for a good quarterback. I really don't care who it is.

BroncoWave
06-26-2017, 05:20 PM
I agree with you.......hard to believe we're rooting for Chad Kelly, huh? :lol:

It's really hard. I probably hated him as much as if not more than any college player I've ever watched. And it's just an extra gut punch that we could have had Dak last year. At the end of the day though, what's best for the Broncos trumps all.

ShaneFalco
06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
im still rooting for tebow to come back

you must be rooting for tim to come back as well.

Rick
06-26-2017, 07:34 PM
What is it about Kelly that he has so much hype?

I have seen some give him a first or second round grade. I only looked at stats but his stats really didn't say first round to me?

Good junior year but kinda average senior year.

ShaneFalco
06-26-2017, 07:39 PM
What is it about Kelly that he has so much hype?

I have seen some give him a first or second round grade. I only looked at stats but his stats really didn't say first round to me?

Good junior year but kinda average senior year.

Chad Kelly had highest score for any quarterback tested by Sport Science

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19204092

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Who do you rooting for?

I'm rooting for the Broncos. The rest is secondary.

MOtorboat
06-26-2017, 07:49 PM
im still rooting for tebow to come back

you must be rooting for tim to come back as well.

No. I'm intelligent.

ShaneFalco
06-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Mo misses Tebow to Thomas.

He will never admit it tho.

Freyaka
06-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Mo misses Tebow to Thomas.

He will never admit it tho.

I was actually having a conversation about his fake ass tonight...Good Ole "Red Light Timmy"

Simple Jaded
06-27-2017, 12:35 AM
I was actually having a conversation about his fake ass tonight...Good Ole "Red Light Timmy"

Dude used to find the camera crew before he'd kneel/pray. Lame.

DT88TheGreat
06-27-2017, 04:08 AM
Its good to hear Paxton lynch is still getting proper reports and recognition for him putting in the work.

BroncoWave
06-27-2017, 07:01 AM

Was this reported? I'd be interested in reading that.

Freyaka
06-27-2017, 07:26 AM

Yep, from what I've heard the "Tebow" persona only came on when the camera did...

BroncoWave
06-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Yep, from what I've heard the "Tebow" persona only came on when the camera did...

Again, I would be interested in reading a report on this.

Freyaka
06-27-2017, 08:39 AM
Again, I would be interested in reading a report on this.

I'll have to dig it up if I can find it later.

Freyaka
06-27-2017, 09:05 AM
I'm not digging any of it up right now... So I guess take it with a grain of salt or whatever, but I mean you can just look at the way he acts when the camera is on and see he's as fake as a $3 bill.

BroncoWave
06-27-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm not digging any of it up right now... So I guess take it with a grain of salt or whatever, but I mean you can just look at the way he acts when the camera is on and see he's as fake as a $3 bill.

Growing up in the rural south, I've met plenty of people who show that same level of Christianity and outward love for God at pretty much all times. So seeing how Tebow acts in public isn't that jarring to me, and I 100% believe that he could very well really be that way all the time.

Question: if it's really fake an all an act, what does he have to gain from it? I mean, if he really were this devious faker, he wouldn't be doing it if it didn't benefit him in some way. Most people would argue that the spotlight his overly religious actions gave him is one of the main things that torpedoed his football career. Teams didn't want to deal with the distraction. So if it's all an act just as a means to an end, I'm not really sure what that end is?

Freyaka
06-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Growing up in the rural south, I've met plenty of people who show that same level of Christianity and outward love for God at pretty much all times. So seeing how Tebow acts in public isn't that jarring to me, and I 100% believe that he could very well really be that way all the time.

Question: if it's really fake an all an act, what does he have to gain from it? I mean, if he really were this devious faker, he wouldn't be doing it if it didn't benefit him in some way. Most people would argue that the spotlight his overly religious actions gave him is one of the main things that torpedoed his football career. Teams didn't want to deal with the distraction. So if it's all an act just as a means to an end, I'm not really sure what that end is?

I dunno, I could go into a lot more detail as to my feelings on the matter, but this isn't P&R and really, this isn't even a tebow thread so I'll leave it where I've left it.

The guy seems like a total freaking fake to me (like we're talking on a Joel Osteen level) but if he seems genuine to you, to each their own.

When I think Tim Tebow, Matthew 6:5-6 comes to mind

Joel
06-27-2017, 11:11 AM
I hope one of them is good enough so the line doesn't matter. That's probably not going to happen, but I'm going to hope.
Hope in one hand...

MANNING wasn't good enough the line didn't matter; small chance the best of Kelly, Lynch, Siemian or Sloter will be. For the record (i.e. to preempt any fanboy bitching :tongue:) that's an alphabetical list. ;) On the other hand...

If (and that's a BIG "if") the line's truly sorted, that's all we need. Not a guy voted into Canton his first day in camp, just a guy on the right side of average. With our D and a line that equally improves his run support to avoid him living in 3rd and long, "good enough" would be good enough. And in that respect, the odds of winning the lottery are always long, but four times better when you buy four tickets (though the smart money says we'll sell one of them for bus fare before Opening Day.)

Joel
06-27-2017, 02:45 PM
When I think Tim Tebow, Matthew 6:5-6 comes to mind
Him and SOOOO many others, man. That's what always bothered me about him, despite loving him to death as a player (too bad he never had the coaching to develop any skill for his stunning inborn talent, but oh, well.) The clincher for me was the SB the year BEFORE he was drafted: However one feels about abortion, for whatever reason(s,) "don't have an abortion or you might miss out on the next ME!" is a disgustingly awful "argument," especially when presented to a SB audience by a guy who hasn't even gone pro yet. Looking back purely from an NFL perspective, the only logical response to that "argument" is "so what?"

It's not about politics, nor about religion: It's about self-aggrandizement, a quality inappropriate to both in principle but depressingly common to both in practice.

Let me reiterate: It's NOT about P nor R, however incidentally either may be involved. Not for Tebow, not for Kaepernick; not for anyone. We desperately need to get past this whole business of reflexively celebrating/condemning things entirely based on branding alone. It should be impossible to convince 100,000,000 rational Americans to commit any and all atrocities simply by appending an (R) or (D) to the suggestion.

Especially since any given governing party tends to follow the same policies regardless of which of them actually happens to BE governing at any given time. Everyone who hates the current administrations policies need only wait for its next eventual and inevitable election loss—then they can go right back to LOVING those VERY SAME POLICIES. If "don't drink the Kool-Aid!" is just a commercial for Flavor-Aid, well, that's what Jonestowns residents actually drank, but none were killed by either its flavor nor brand, "only" the poison the pleasant flavor concealed.

Hawgdriver
06-27-2017, 04:39 PM
At least Yash knew what P&R meant.

Joel
06-27-2017, 05:16 PM
At least Yash knew what P&R meant.
Really not seeing the P, nor R. I mean, flip side: If someone went into P&R and made a big long post about football, would slapping a political mascot or religious symbol on the end as an afterthought somehow make that "on topic." Like,

"[Detailed multi-page analysis of the zone blitz and its multi-decade history], also: Cthulhu loves you, especially with ketchup" and suddenly it's a "religious" post?

Interesting argument; maybe Goodell could use that to ban any and all political and religious expression from the field (and sideline, and stands) as "not football." But hey, if merely acknowledging the EXISTENCE of politics and religion (without taking a position on any part of it either way) is verboten, fine by me: That would certainly put an end to people exploiting them to promote their careers, which is all I'm talking about (can't speak for anyone else.)

Hawgdriver
06-27-2017, 05:41 PM
Tebow when he prays reminds me of Matthewlippians Chapter 5 verse 5, but I'm definitely not talking about religion...

Go on.

ShaneFalco
06-27-2017, 06:05 PM
You guys make up such bullshit about the guy.

Every single camera crew has a producer in there ear screaming "go find tebow kneeling"

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Hawg just bought and sold this thread, ladies.

Freyaka
06-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Go on.

Notice how I haven't had a single reply regarding it AFTER that post because that really was all I had to say on the matter because it's going off topic. Now back to Tim Tebo...errr Paxton Lynch's chances.

JPPT1974
06-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Well whoever will work the new coach's system of QB may they win. But I think it is about being clutch. And getting the team into the playoffs again.

turftoad
06-27-2017, 11:00 PM
Look boys. The thread title reads "Lynch making a push for starting QB". Isn't that what we all hoped when we moved up to draft him in the first round?
I'm excited! Watching Trevoor was all good but depressing at the same time.
I want someone who is going to make a diff. Trevor is not that guy.

DT88TheGreat
06-27-2017, 11:17 PM

Lmao so you make up some crap about the man and then cannot prove it so you say some bs about take the imaginary story with a grain of salt and then end it with calling him fake. Smh

Tebow is not a fake, he actually believes the crap he spews out about god.

DT88TheGreat
06-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Look boys. The thread title reads "Lynch making a push for starting QB". Isn't that what we all hoped when we moved up to draft him in the first round?

Word up turf! Trevor isn't a difference maker and will never be a difference maker because of his lack of physical ability and his mind is set on being a check down quarterback, he will only make the safe underneath throws and that jist isn't going to cut it when it comes to being a true threat.

DT88TheGreat
06-28-2017, 12:00 AM
Was this reported? I'd be interested in reading that.

They are lying. There is zero truth to what him and walter frey is saying.

Simple Jaded
06-28-2017, 01:14 AM
You guys make up such bullshit about the guy.

Every single camera crew has a producer in there ear screaming "go find tebow kneeling"

No, it was the other way around. You could literally watch it as it happened. And from my understanding the average camera crews aren't allowed in the players/coaches part of the sidelines.

Freyaka
06-28-2017, 07:23 AM
Lmao so you make up some crap about the man and then cannot prove it so you say some bs about take the imaginary story with a grain of salt and then end it with calling him fake. Smh

Tebow is not a fake, he actually believes the crap he spews out about god.

I'm not the only one to have heard it so it's a little difficult for me to make it up...

Have you ever tried googling for something specific you've read about a player that gets thousands of articles posted about him? It's not freaking easy. Finding something specific you read from several years ago regarding what his college teammates said about him is like a needle in a freaking hay stack.

Personally I don't care if you believe me dude, I really don't. Figures you'd stand up for Tim Tebow though, he's your kind of QB.

Shazam!
06-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Tim Tebow has no bearing on this subject. Jesus.

You should be HAPPY if Lynch can come up the chart and compete with Siemien. And Kelly is the wild card.

Jesus guys really.

Freyaka
06-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Tim Tebow has no bearing on this subject. Jesus.

You should be HAPPY if Lynch can come up the chart and compete with Siemien. And Kelly is the wild card.

Jesus guys really.

I think Tim Tebow would be highly offended by your use of the lords name.

Most of us, myself included will be happy if lynch can come up the chart and compete.

It's the offseason, what the hell else do we have to talk about. There is literally no new news. You are of course correct, Tebow has no bearing, sorry for the momentary detour off topic, but it's not like we're stopping legitimate talk from happening because there is NOTHING to talk about right now.

Joel
06-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Tim Tebow has no bearing on this subject: Jesus.
FiFY :)

BeefStew25
06-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Its nuts Tebow beat the Steelers. Nuts.

Timmy!
06-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Its nuts Tebow beat the Steelers. Nuts.

Bey-Bey helped.

Slick
06-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Bey-Bey helped.

And the sickle cell.

Magnificent Seven
06-28-2017, 06:12 PM

It reminds me of Brian Griese's era in season 1999. First season without John Elway and everyone became depressed. Jake Plummer's era got everyone excited. Same pattern for Siemian and Lynch?

MOtorboat
06-28-2017, 06:21 PM
It reminds me of Brian Griese's era in season 1999. First season without John Elway and everyone became depressed. Jake Plummer's era got everyone excited. Same pattern for Siemian and Lynch?

If you're saying they are Brister and Griese in this scenario I could see some parallels.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Paxton Lynch‏Verified account @PaxtonLynch 3h

Happy bday to the �� @johnelway thankful everyday for the opportunity you've given me!

Magnificent Seven
06-28-2017, 07:07 PM
If you're saying they are Brister and Griese in this scenario I could see some parallels.

It was Brian Griese and Chris Miller. Buddy Brister signed with the Minnesota Vikings after season '99 with the Broncos.

BeefStew25
06-28-2017, 07:17 PM
I always felt Jeff Lewis could have been good.

Magnificent Seven
06-28-2017, 08:12 PM
I always felt Jeff Lewis could have been good.

Broncos staff were upset with his foot injury from playing basketball. Remember? Heh.

BeefStew25
06-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Broncos staff were upset with his foot injury from playing basketball. Remember? Heh.

I think he killed himself.

VonDoom
06-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Some interesting quotes in this Matt Miller piece on the QB competition:

"He just wasn't ready coming out of college, especially for that offense. He needs to be in the gun and clear to see the field. Can't be under center running that [Gary] Kubiak scheme," said one scout who viewed Lynch in college and has watched his rookie film. It's true that the move to Mike McCoy's scheme will be better for Lynch, and already folks in Denver are seeing the benefits of that tutelage.

Said one teammate, who asked to remain anonymous, "Paxton has the better deep ball [over Siemian], but he has to become a leader and get smarter. Trevor has that over him right now."

Siemian started 14 games last season and was solid in his first year as the No. 1 quarterback, but that was under a different coaching staff. With McCoy as offensive coordinator under Vance Joseph—a former college quarterback who specialized in defensive coaching in the NFL—Lynch and Siemian should have a clean slate to work from.

The biggest step up for Lynch, said one general manager who passed on him in the first round of the 2016 class, is "learning to play faster. He has such a slow trigger and he's already this big, tall, long-armed guy. I don't think he'll ever be quick enough as a thrower to win in our league."

There are those who have their doubts about Lynch, but a strong showing this summer and improved confidence as a second-year player will make the quarterback battle in Denver the NFL's most exciting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718559-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-is-paxton-lynch-ready-to-start-for-the-broncos?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Being able execute a throw that only happens a few times a game shouldn't be be his best quality.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Being able execute a throw that only happens a few times a game shouldn't be be his best quality.

True. He has to be able to execute the offense. The same goes for TS. This isn't exactly the Kubiak West Coast dink and dunk anymore. McCoy will open the playbook and stretch the field if he has a QB that can do it.

Freyaka
06-29-2017, 02:03 PM

Agreed, but if he can demonstrate that he is capable in the short game, that will be what gives him the job. Being able the throw the ball deep is nice and all, but we have to be able to efficiently move the ball. That means as well as being able to connect on downfield passes, he has to be just as capable of executing 4-5 yard routes.

I personally believe that the winner of this competition will be whoever is the most consistent in the short game.

turftoad
06-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Agreed, but if he can demonstrate that he is capable in the short game, that will be what gives him the job. Being able the throw the ball deep is nice and all, but we have to be able to efficiently move the ball. That means as well as being able to connect on downfield passes, he has to be just as capable of executing 4-5 yard routes.

I personally believe that the winner of this competition will be whoever is the most consistent in the short game.

I agree with HP56 here. This isn't Kubiaks dink and dunk system anymore. We will now be going down the field more than before.

BeefStew25
06-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the two QB's can gel.

Freyaka
06-29-2017, 08:12 PM
I agree with HP56 here. This isn't Kubiaks dink and dunk system anymore. We will now be going down the field more than before.

No, it's McCoy, so it will have a lot of short to intermediate passes with lots and lots of screen passes.

Freyaka
06-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Look at all of McCoys recent offenses. Hate to break it to you guys, they don't stretch the field as often as everyone thinks we will.

Hawgdriver
06-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Look at all of McCoys recent offenses. Hate to break it to you guys, they don't stretch the field as often as everyone thinks we will.

I think turf and HP might be out of touch.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-29-2017, 09:27 PM

I think you're remembering the Tebow offense. Phillip Rivers didn't throw for 4000+ every year dinking and dunking.

turftoad
06-29-2017, 10:01 PM
I think there will be plenty of screens, short and intermediate passes. I also think they will take more shots down the field than the last couple of years.

NightTrainLayne
06-29-2017, 10:48 PM
I think you're remembering the Tebow offense. Phillip Rivers didn't throw for 4000+ every year dinking and dunking.

What about the Kyle Orton led McCoy offense. . . .bubble screen left, bubble screen right. . ..

Simple Jaded
06-29-2017, 11:17 PM
I think Tim Tebow would be highly offended by your use of the lords name.

Most of us, myself included will be happy if lynch can come up the chart and compete.

It's the offseason, what the hell else do we have to talk about. There is literally no new news. You are of course correct, Tebow has no bearing, sorry for the momentary detour off topic, but it's not like we're stopping legitimate talk from happening because there is NOTHING to talk about right now.

Shazam is a huge Tebow fan.

Simple Jaded
06-29-2017, 11:21 PM
McCoy's offense is just as much Dink and Dunk as Kubiak's, if not more. Kubiak used the run to set up playaction passes, McCoy uses a 5-yard pass and bubble screens as a run play.

Hawgdriver
06-29-2017, 11:28 PM
Siemian said it was a more completion-friendly offense this year compared to last year, during his presser at start of OTAs.

Simple Jaded
06-29-2017, 11:33 PM
I like McCoy though, I think he got a bad rap in Denver.

Cugel
06-30-2017, 12:34 AM
"He just wasn't ready coming out of college, especially for that offense. He needs to be in the gun and clear to see the field. Can't be under center running that [Gary] Kubiak scheme," said one scout who viewed Lynch in college and has watched his rookie film. It's true that the move to Mike McCoy's scheme will be better for Lynch, and already folks in Denver are seeing the benefits of that tutelage.

Said one teammate, who asked to remain anonymous, "Paxton has the better deep ball [over Siemian], but he has to become a leader and get smarter. Trevor has that over him right now."

Siemian started 14 games last season and was solid in his first year as the No. 1 quarterback, but that was under a different coaching staff. With McCoy as offensive coordinator under Vance Joseph—a former college quarterback who specialized in defensive coaching in the NFL—Lynch and Siemian should have a clean slate to work from.

The biggest step up for Lynch, said one general manager who passed on him in the first round of the 2016 class, is "learning to play faster. He has such a slow trigger and he's already this big, tall, long-armed guy. I don't think he'll ever be quick enough as a thrower to win in our league."

There are those who have their doubts about Lynch, but a strong showing this summer and improved confidence as a second-year player will make the quarterback battle in Denver the NFL's most exciting.

Let's get real here for a minute. Trevor led the defending SB champions to a disappointing 9-7 record and missing the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. He was the 24th ranked QB in football. That's just not good enough to be named the starter for the next season without competition anywhere let alone Denver.

He still has a chance to win the job, but he'd have to perform a lot better. Even if he's the starter he could lose his job at any point if the team doesn't win, and if he doesn't look like the next Derek Carr.

You can't win SBs in this league without a top 10 QB. That's just the basic rule and everything else is an unlikely and rare exception - like the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens or the 2015 Broncos.

Only the Broncos don't have a top 10 QB right now and it's very unclear whether either of these guys will ever develop into a top 10 QB, which means NEITHER of them has a safe job! Elway will replace BOTH in 2018 if they fail to deliver this season.

That's because there is no other way to win consistently than to make sure your QB is at least as good as the other QBs in the division - Phillip Rivers, Derek Carr, and now, potentially at least, Alex Smith's replacement.

DT88TheGreat
06-30-2017, 12:45 AM
Sorry but McCoy offense.has evolved and multiple wideouts including lynch has raved about the play's being push the ball down field. So I don't know what walter frey is talking about.

DT88TheGreat
06-30-2017, 12:46 AM

Right, especially with him not having any wideouts.... They clearly liked to push the ball down the field.

Cugel
06-30-2017, 12:49 AM
And to sum up, as Broncos fans we have to love that! Lots of teams are committed to making money for the owner and putting up just enough of a product on the field to drag fans into the stadiums and watching on TV. Cleveland in short.

In Denver it's all about winning championships and there's a complete lack of tolerance for mediocrity.

Shanahan consistently won 8 or 9 games and got fired. John Fox comes in and wins a playoff game in his first season - with the worthless Tebow no less, and Elway concludes he needs a new QB and gets Peyton. Fox proceeds to win 13, 13 and 12 games with Peyton and go to a SB.

That's not good enough. Fox is fired after three seasons, when Elway concludes there's not enough "kicking and screaming" in the team's playoff loss to the Colts.

Kubiak is brought in. He wins 12 games and the SB in his first season. But, in 2016 the team tanks and fails to make the playoffs after the offense sputters. Elway concludes to fire the offensive coaches. Kubiak doesn't want to get rid of his assistants and decides to retire. Elway proceds to fire the assistant coaches and hires a bunch of veteran head coaches and offensive coordinators like McCoy, and Bill Musgrave. These guys took demotions from their previous jobs to come here and coach. You could say they are "overqualified" for their current positions. Probably that's a good thing.

They are paying these coaches more than the league average for their job titles, but Elway wanted the best coaches, and their salaries don't fall under the salary cap, so, if you want to win, why not get the best?

His off season moves have shored up every weak spot on the team (at least on paper). We'll see how that translates onto the field, but he's done everything he can to prepare the Broncos to compete for SBs again. Now it's up to the players.

Hawgdriver
06-30-2017, 01:27 AM
I don't know what walter frey is talking about.

You mean Heisenberg?

Hawgdriver
06-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Yeah, you guys probably know better than the starting qb. I take it all back.

Freyaka
06-30-2017, 07:39 AM

No, no I'm not. I'm thinking of the Manning offense. Do you not remember the constant screens that always made us want to throttle McCoy? That wasn't a Tebow thing. Outside of last year, each year Rivers had with McCoy, Rivers had less than 10 passes a season that went over 40 yards. Last year he had 16. He's not just going to bomb it down the field. Historically (not just in the Tebow era) McCoy uses a lot of short to intermediate passes and screens occasionally building off of that to go deep down field.

I'm not sure why everyone suddenly has the impression that McCoy is this deep bomb mastermind.

Freyaka
06-30-2017, 07:45 AM
Right, especially with him not having any wideouts.... They clearly liked to push the ball down the field.

Manning had DT and Decker and Stokley...And yet we still rarely stretched the field. In 2012 we had 7 passes over 40 yards and 64 over 20, the vast majority of those 64 (and even the 7 40+) were short screens that DT took for 20-30 yards (not bombs down the field)

But please, continue talking to me like I don't watch this team play...

We were a TOTAL dink and dunk offense with one of the best QB's of all time and with three very solid wideouts, not to mention Dreessen/Tamme.

I mean seriously, do none of you remember how badly McCoy was despised around here for the bubble screen. He's the one who made "bubble screen" a dirty term here in Denver because fans were so sick of it...

Shazam!
06-30-2017, 07:54 AM
And to sum up, as Broncos fans we have to love that! Lots of teams are committed to making money for the owner and putting up just enough of a product on the field to drag fans into the stadiums and watching on TV. Cleveland in short.

In Denver it's all about winning championships and there's a complete lack of tolerance for mediocrity.

Shanahan consistently won 8 or 9 games and got fired. John Fox comes in and wins a playoff game in his first season - with the worthless Tebow no less, and Elway concludes he needs a new QB and gets Peyton. Fox proceeds to win 13, 13 and 12 games with Peyton and go to a SB.

That's not good enough. Fox is fired after three seasons, when Elway concludes there's not enough "kicking and screaming" in the team's playoff loss to the Colts.

Kubiak is brought in. He wins 12 games and the SB in his first season. But, in 2016 the team tanks and fails to make the playoffs after the offense sputters. Elway concludes to fire the offensive coaches. Kubiak doesn't want to get rid of his assistants and decides to retire. Elway proceds to fire the assistant coaches and hires a bunch of veteran head coaches and offensive coordinators like McCoy, and Bill Musgrave. These guys took demotions from their previous jobs to come here and coach. You could say they are "overqualified" for their current positions. Probably that's a good thing.

They are paying these coaches more than the league average for their job titles, but Elway wanted the best coaches, and their salaries don't fall under the salary cap, so, if you want to win, why not get the best?

His off season moves have shored up every weak spot on the team (at least on paper). We'll see how that translates onto the field, but he's done everything he can to prepare the Broncos to compete for SBs again. Now it's up to the players.

What I never get is the first thing Shanahan did was continue Wade Philips attempt at rebuilding the OLine (drafted Nalen, brought in Zimmerman). Why Elway allowed the Oline to go to garbage ill never understand. Especially when you relied on an aged Manning.

Denver in 15-16 would have been more effective with even a mediocre OLine.

Freyaka
06-30-2017, 08:40 AM
To further solidify my point. Last year, Tyrell Williams and Melvin Gordon combined for almost 1,000 yards after catch, that's where a lot of your 20+ yard plays are coming from. As a team the chargers had almost 2,000 yards after catch. You don't get that much YAC if you are stretching the field through the air frequently, you get it if you are depending on players to catch the ball and stretch the field after the catch.

In comparison, in 2012 with McCoy, dt had 591 YAC and as a team we had 1,895 YAC total.

McCoys offense didn't magically change, it's still very similar to the 2012 offense.

Slick
06-30-2017, 09:42 AM
U29 loves McCoy.

BeefStew25
06-30-2017, 09:45 AM
We are all bringing up excellent points.

Freyaka
06-30-2017, 10:01 AM
U29 loves McCoy.

I personally was not a huge fan his last stint with us. I absolutely respect that he was able to get more out of Tebow than should have actually been possible, but my biggest beef with him is we'd need 10 yards for a first down and he'd throw for 2 and hope that DT would break it for 20. Sometimes that worked, sometimes teams were expecting it.

I know that some in this thread (DT88) think that me saying it's going to be a dink and dunk offense is my way of saying "haha, it's gonna be TS starting" It's not. This is a thread about Lynch's chances of starting. If Lynch can become more consistent in the short to intermediate game (everything under 20 yards) then I think he's got a solid chance of getting the starting nod, but that's his path to become the starter IMO.

BeefStew25
06-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Hopefully the offense and defense can jell.

Freyaka
06-30-2017, 10:04 AM
Hopefully the offense and defense can jell.

I'm not even slightly worried about the defense. The offense worries me. Regardless of which QB gets the nod, we need two things to happen to make it back to the playoffs this year. The o-line needs to be cohesive and we need to develop a running game. If we can get some protection for our QB's and run the ball consistently it'll take a lot of pressure off of which every QB is lining up under center.

BeefStew25
06-30-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm not even slightly worried about the defense. The offense worries me. Regardless of which QB gets the nod, we need two things to happen to make it back to the playoffs this year. The o-line needs to be cohesive and we need to develop a running game. If we can get some protection for our QB's and run the ball consistently it'll take a lot of pressure off of which every QB is lining up under center.

My thoughts to a T.

Joel
06-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Expect a cease and desist letter from my lawyer by Monday.... ;)

By the way, you left out how the presence/absence of those two key things affects development of young starting QBs (i.e. the only kind we've got.)

BeefStew25
06-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Joel great post!

Valar Morghulis
06-30-2017, 12:08 PM
McCoy used bubble screens effectively with Manning.... He had no choice with Orton and Timmy couldn't execute one, so we went run heavy. It was Gase's second year as coordinator I felt we the too many predicate and ineffective bubble screens.

Shazam!
07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
McCoy used bubble screens effectively with Manning.... He had no choice with Orton and Timmy couldn't execute one, so we went run heavy. It was Gase's second year as coordinator I felt we the too many predicate and ineffective bubble screens.

Teams with shit Olines use screens because the Defense has such penetration it keeps em honest.

Simple Jaded
07-01-2017, 10:17 PM
'16 Broncos couldn't run bubble screens much either, they had three Int's in the first 4 games (one Pick 6 and another that should've been Pick 6 if the CB doesn't pull a hammy and go down) off of bubble screens.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-03-2017, 08:09 AM
'16 Broncos couldn't run bubble screens much either, they had three Int's in the first 4 games (one Pick 6 and another that should've been Pick 6 if the CB doesn't pull a hammy and go down) off of bubble screens.

Bubble screens are tricky for a QB and dangerous if you hesitate, miss a block, or don't have enough zip on the ball. If the CB who lines up across from the designated receiver is up tight in press, don't throw it! It's easy to jump them if you know they're coming. If the WR who is designated to block misses his block, it goes nowhere. If the QB hesitates or doesn't put a lot of mustard on it, it's a pick. If the D end on that side reads it and the Tackle doesn't cut him or low punch to get his hands down it's a bat-down or tip drill.

Lots can go wrong. We weren't proficient at them last year for lots of reasons. I saw the stuff I listed above happen too often.

Cugel
07-03-2017, 12:54 PM

This is one of the things that made me so anti-Tebow. He was such a sanctimonious little liar! His publicity people and agents and hangers-on were telling him that he had to get to the Big Apple where his marketing would take off over the roof, and, as the toast of NY, his platform for whatever messages he wanted to support would be much greater.

So, when Elway asked him where he wanted to go, NY or Jacksonville, he wanted the Jets. Elway gave him the choice.

Then Tebow threw him under the bus saying "I had no idea where I was traded. I'm just happy to go whereevever I'm dealt." The whiny little beaatch didn't want the Gators fans mad at him for spurning Jacksonville, where he would be a hero, but also a big fish in a very small pond, for glamorous NY and the hope of bigger stardom.

So, he just flat lied. Elway was reportedly furious.

Simple Jaded
07-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Bubble screens are tricky for a QB and dangerous if you hesitate, miss a block, or don't have enough zip on the ball. If the CB who lines up across from the designated receiver is up tight in press, don't throw it! It's easy to jump them if you know they're coming. If the WR who is designated to block misses his block, it goes nowhere. If the QB hesitates or doesn't put a lot of mustard on it, it's a pick. If the D end on that side reads it and the Tackle doesn't cut him or low punch to get his hands down it's a bat-down or tip drill.

Lots can go wrong. We weren't proficient at them last year for lots of reasons. I saw the stuff I listed above happen too often.

Good call, I remember on the play where the DB pulled a hammy and went down Siemian bobbled the shotgun snap and threw without the laces.

Shazam!
07-04-2017, 04:33 AM
I thought that fans still clinging to Jake Plummer years later was a bit much. Tebow is 100x worse.

Simple Jaded
07-04-2017, 11:18 PM
I <3 Jake Plummer.

Joel
07-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Plummers absence also makes my heart grow fonder: Of his absence.

I could easily see Siemian/Lynch turning into Griese/Plummer all over again. On the plus side, we haven't spent 3-5 years ruining Lynch by demanding he put the team on his back behind nonexistent protection, so either or both could still be developed into quality players if we have solid QB coaching. Too bad we have McCoy instead.... ;)

Tned
07-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I thought that fans still clinging to Jake Plummer years later was a bit much. Tebow is 100x worse.

Plummer was the man. Can't remember which paper or blog it was a couple weeks ago that posted the top 5 or 10 Denver QBs and he was number three, behind Elway and Manning, which I think is fair. Griese was four or five.

MOtorboat
07-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I believe this is every quarterback who has started 10 or more games for the Broncos:

Player W L T Pct.
Manning 45 12 0 .789
Plummer 39 15 0 .722
Elway 148 82 1 .641
Morton 41 23 0 .641
Siemian 8 6 0 .571
Tebow 8 6 0 .571
Liske 6 5 0 .545
Griese 27 24 0 .529
Johnson 20 18 3 .488
Cutler 17 20 0 .459
DeBerg 5 6 0 .455
Ramsey 14 17 0 .452
Orton 12 21 0 .364
McCrmck 5 10 0 .333
Trpcka 13 26 1 .325
Tensi 10 21 1 .313
Lee 2 9 0 .182
Slghter 2 15 2 .105

Simple Jaded
07-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Mi corazon.

NightTerror218
07-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Paxton coordinating with DT to meet up and get a workout going. DT with high praises of Lynch in last week of OTAs.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Demaryius-Thomas-Broncos-QBs-WRs-getting-together-next-week-53476951
via http://cbssportsapp.com

turftoad
07-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Also: Demaryius Thomas: Paxton Lynch was lighting it up at end of spring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/07/demaryius-thomas-paxton-lynch-was-lighting-it-up-at-end-of-spring/

Poet
07-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Lynch is going to take the job. He is a young god and you will all learn to love him as he turns into the greatest QB ever.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 07:32 AM
https://twitter.com/esrolvl/status/887142702269079552

A slow mo vid of a throw from Paxton.

Poet
07-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Pirates have to have good footwork.

Slick
07-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Releases way too low? Wtf?

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Releases way too low? Wtf?

Sorry I forgot. I "hate" paxton and am just out to get him. Carry on. I'll keep my opinion out of it and just say that his footwork looks vastly improved and leave it alone.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:19 AM
I will say though, that ball had some impressive zip. He wasn't even halfway through his follow through and the ball was almost to the WR.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:22 AM
I've watched it a couple more times, the release isn't bad, it's wind-up motion that's bugging me watching his throw. It's just odd...I don't know that it'll be game breaking or anything...just...something odd about it.

Poet
07-20-2017, 10:22 AM
I will say though, that ball had some impressive zip. He wasn't even halfway through his follow through and the ball was almost to the WR.

The big arm is easy to fall in love with. The footwork is getting better, and I am optimistic. Just wait until PL comes out with Johnny Deep on opening week and ascends to true piracy, me matey!

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:30 AM
The big arm is easy to fall in love with. The footwork is getting better, and I am optimistic. Just wait until PL comes out with Johnny Deep on opening week and ascends to true piracy, me matey!

I'm cautiously optimistic. The thing on it is, you can have great footwork and mechanics in practice and then revert when a LB is in your grill. I want to see real game action in the preseason before I read anything into it.

He's for sure looking improved one way or another and that is encouraging.

Slick
07-20-2017, 10:32 AM
I've watched it a couple more times, the release isn't bad, it's wind-up motion that's bugging me watching his throw. It's just odd...I don't know that it'll be game breaking or anything...just...something odd about it.

I mean, if you're going to criticize his motion, fine. He brings the ball down too low in his wind up but I didn't understand why you thought the release was too low. That part of his motion looks good.

Joel
07-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Johnny Deep sounds like a different actor, in a different kind of film.

Poet
07-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic. The thing on it is, you can have great footwork and mechanics in practice and then revert when a LB is in your grill. I want to see real game action in the preseason before I read anything into it.

He's for sure looking improved one way or another and that is encouraging.

You never told a lie in your life!

Hopefully our swift pirate shall continue to plunder the league.

These puns are healing me.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:40 AM
I mean, if you're going to criticize his motion, fine. He brings the ball down too low in his wind up but I didn't understand why you thought the release was too low. That part of his motion looks good.

You are right, my early take was a false hot take, fake news. His windup is gabbart-esque. Gotta bring that up. It is what it is though IMO, good footwork is usually more important than throwing motion and he's got the footwork so we'll see if he can build on that in camp in a few weeks.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Just wait till he finds his new TE, then he'll become a Butt pirate.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-20-2017, 10:49 AM
The video was in slow motion, so I think people are reading into the "windup". The throwing motion was mechanically correct with a triangle

Poet
07-20-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm preparing to get too hype.

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm preparing to get too hype.

*to

Poet
07-20-2017, 03:00 PM
*to

The second too was correct.

MOtorboat
07-20-2017, 03:04 PM
*to

Grammar correction fail.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 03:06 PM
*to

If you are going to attempt correcting something Joe, why not work on fixing that third party sig you've got there.

Poet
07-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Don't scare Joe away! I miss him. I think he's mad at me.

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 03:20 PM
The second too was correct.

Grammar correction fail.

If you are going to attempt correcting something Joe, why not work on fixing that third party sig you've got there.

I actually tried to delete the post, as I realized it was an incorrect correction.

Oh well, it's only the 2nd time I've been wrong in 55 years. I'll take that!

:yo:

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Don't scare Joe away! I miss him. I think he's mad at me.

I love you like a brother.

(p.s. I hate my brothers)

Not really!

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 03:21 PM
I actually tried to delete the post, as I realized it was an incorrect correction.

Oh well, it's only the 2nd time I've been wrong in 55 years. I'll take that!

:yo:

Haha, at least you can own it!

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 03:22 PM
I love you like a brother.

Like Cersi Lannister loves her brother.

Poet
07-20-2017, 03:24 PM

*Cersei.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 03:28 PM
*Cersei.

Damnit... Well played sir, well played.

Slick
07-20-2017, 03:30 PM
If Cersei doesn't die I am going to be extremely disappointed.

Joel
07-20-2017, 03:33 PM

I believe that was Marvin Gaye (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs), not Marvin Gay. :tongue:

Just wait till he finds his new TE, then he'll become a Butt pirate.
"The competition is fierce to prove once and for all who has the best tight end, as Paxton Lynch, Jake Butt and Johnny Deep swash their buckles off in:"

Butt Pirates of the Hairy Behind​

This film has been rated

Arr
Adult language and boarding party/school situations

by the Motion Picture Association of America

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 03:43 PM

I didn't realize it wasn't showing up. I don't have signatures on.

I've corrected it, you a$$hole!

:D

Joel
07-20-2017, 03:45 PM
I remember when the merest mention of high fantasy in a football discussion was practically daring all participant to stomp nerd ass: Now it's all dragons, dwarf avatars and hot slutty chicks with British accents. Somewhere a DM who's never seen live boobs is making a pizza-faced 70 lb. HS chess club champ roll 2d10 against his Pick (Receiver) Pockets skill, while the tank rolls a d20 attack on the NPC QB to inflict 2d6 yds of damage (scramble for half.)

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 03:49 PM
I didn't realize it wasn't showing up. I don't have signatures on.

I've corrected it, you a$$hole!

:D

Lol, I did the same thing for awhile. Photo bucket is blocked at work so I never saw it until recently.

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Lol, I did the same thing for awhile. Photo bucket is blocked at work so I never saw it until recently.

I don't have avatars or signatures on. It takes too long to load the pages with all the pictures. By too long, I'm talking .01 seconds longer.

#1stworldproblems

Timmy!
07-20-2017, 04:15 PM
I remember when the merest mention of high fantasy in a football discussion was practically daring all participant to stomp nerd ass: Now it's all dragons, dwarf avatars and hot slutty chicks with British accents. Somewhere a DM who's never seen live boobs is making a pizza-faced 70 lb. HS chess club champ roll 2d10 against his Pick (Receiver) Pockets skill, while the tank rolls a d20 attack on the NPC QB to inflict 2d6 yds of damage (scramble for half.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/A9KfKenpqNDfa/giphy.gif

*This gif brought to you by my +2 gloves of gif summoning

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 05:20 PM
#biased

BroncoJoe
07-20-2017, 05:26 PM
That throw did seem a bit Tebow-esque. He really did drop the ball down pretty far in his windup.

I still think he has the better odds at being our starter this year.

Poet
07-20-2017, 05:30 PM
That throw did seem a bit Tebow-esque. He really did drop the ball down pretty far in his windup.

I love him.

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 05:33 PM

I'm trying to avoid mentioning Tebow in comparison. Because even if he has some Tebow-esque traits, he'll still end up being more successful that timmy boy and by making that comparison I end up with guys like Lynch12 blowing my statements way out of proportion.

Poet
07-20-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to avoid mentioning Tebow in comparison. Because even if he has some Tebow-esque traits, he'll still end up being more successful that timmy boy and by making that comparison I end up with guys like Lynch12 blowing my statements way out of proportion.

You could say that...you'd be wasting...some TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

Freyaka
07-20-2017, 05:42 PM
You could say that...you'd be wasting...some TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

I don't have time for wasting time this week, it's finals week...I'm not even sure why I'm wasting time responding to you or on here at all....AAHHHH I'm wasting my own time now.

Poet
07-20-2017, 05:44 PM
I don't have time for wasting time this week, it's finals week...I'm not even sure why I'm wasting time responding to you or on here at all....AAHHHH I'm wasting my own time now.

You just styled on yourself, bro.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
xwSBVJjaC4U

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-20-2017, 06:22 PM
xwSBVJjaC4U

Look at that wind up, doesn't he know he's not throwing from a mound?

Hawgdriver
07-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Ball has tremendous zip, feet look good, but upper body technique isn't great. Part of me wonders how much he need to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap in order to have a quality release, versus the ability to shift his angle of delivery to multiple progressions and still have a quick release.

His delivery is ultra elite.

Hawgdriver
07-20-2017, 06:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/A9KfKenpqNDfa/giphy.gif

*This gif brought to you by my +2 gloves of gif summoning

With crafting I was able to get mine to +3.

MOtorboat
07-20-2017, 06:41 PM
He can look like Tebow, for all I care, as long as he completes passes and converts third downs. Touchdowns are nice too.

Nomad
07-20-2017, 08:51 PM
He can look like Tebow, for all I care, as long as he completes passes and converts third downs. Touchdowns are nice too.

Philip Rivers looks very awkward when passing, so I agree, if he completes passes, converts, and throws touchdown = starter.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Man with the quickest release ever used to drop the ball to his waist.

Poet
07-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Man with the quickest release ever used to drop the ball to his waist.

Marino?

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Marino?

Si. Not habitually but he'd like to stand in there with the ball in one hand down by his waist.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Ya know how PFM stands in there with the ball up under his chin in perfect position to throw at all times? Marino was the opposite, he worked the pocket even better but he was so casual with the ball at times. Just a natural.

Poet
07-20-2017, 11:02 PM
If Marino played in today's game I shudder to think what he would do.

MOtorboat
07-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Si. Not habitually but he'd like to stand in there with the ball in one hand down by his waist.

Kosar. Just get the damn ball out in the correct direction and be able to mentally identify the defenses and coverages. Mechanics are overrated because we have six and a half months of year to talk about mechanics of young quarterbacks and a max of 600 passes to break down. It's easier to talk mechanics in the offseason.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Kosar. Just get the damn ball out in the correct direction and be able to mentally identify the defenses and coverages. Mechanics are overrated because we have six and a half months of year to talk about mechanics of young quarterbacks and a max of 600 passes to break down. It's easier to talk mechanics in the offseason.

Kosar was the ugliest QB ever, I think, he made Tebow look poetic. He got it there, though.

MOtorboat
07-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Kosar was the ugliest QB ever, I think, he made Tebow look poetic. He got it there, though.

Kosar was a very good quarterback. Who gives a shit if he threw the ball like Dan Quisenberry.

Poet
07-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Kosar was a very good quarterback. Who gives a shit if he threw the ball like Dan Quisenberry.

Paxton Lynch goes for 3,800 yards, 24 TDs, 16 picks, 3 fumbles, 500 rushing yards, and we're a wildcard team.

Is it inappropriate for his fans to use #lynchmob or #lynchgang?

MOtorboat
07-21-2017, 12:07 AM
Paxton Lynch goes for 3,800 yards, 24 TDs, 16 picks, 3 fumbles, 500 rushing yards, and we're a wildcard team.

Is it inappropriate for his fans to use #lynchmob or #lynchgang?

Let's stick with the pirate themes.

Poet
07-21-2017, 12:09 AM
Let's stick with the pirate themes.

You won't crush my optimism! 4,000 yards. 28 TDs. 13 picks. 5 fumbles. 800 rushing yards. Still a wildcard team.

#bookit

MOtorboat
07-21-2017, 12:21 AM
You won't crush my optimism! 4,000 yards. 28 TDs. 13 picks. 5 fumbles. 800 rushing yards. Still a wildcard team.

#bookit

If one of our QBs puts up those numbers this team should win the division.