PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. McGregor: It's On!

Pages : [1] 2

Magnificent Seven
06-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Former pound-for-pound king and five-division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. made the official announcement on social media Wednesday, confirming that he will exit a 23-month retirement at age 40 to face Conor McGregor, the UFC superstar, in a boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas.

Whoa! It's On!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19637155/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-megafight-finalized-aug-26May

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2017, 06:53 PM
I am definitely gonna watch, but have mixed feelings.

ShaneFalco
06-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Go Irish

Magnificent Seven
06-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I am definitely gonna watch, but have mixed feelings.

Mixed feelings? Tell us about it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Go Irish

I'm kind of concerned if he's even competitive with Mayweather he'll never go back to MMA. He could just line up another big money bout with Cannello

turftoad
06-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Boxing rules!! McGregor doesn't have a chance.

Magnificent Seven
06-14-2017, 07:24 PM

But... McGregor is tough.

ShaneFalco
06-14-2017, 07:46 PM
ahahah conner posted pic of floyds dad acting like that is who he is fighting.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/875101558584856578

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2017, 07:58 PM

I grew up watching boxing, but now I've switched to mma. I find it to be far superior.

McGregor would beat Mayweather's ass in a real fight.

Magnificent Seven
06-14-2017, 09:07 PM

Hawgdriver
06-14-2017, 10:40 PM
That net worth is pretty important in the tale of the tape.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2017, 12:37 AM
That net worth is pretty important in the tale of the tape.

Indeed

Timmy!
06-15-2017, 03:04 AM
I would love to see my kinsman tapdance on that douche Mayweathers head.

But this is boxing......and that's money Mayweather.

Go Irish, but my $$$ is on Floyd.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Mixed feelings? Tell us about it.

I already touched on it a little bit. I'm hopeful McGregor doesn't quit mma.

I also don't know who I like less (probably Mayweather).

Either way I'll pay for the fight and hopefully there's some decent fights on the undercard too.

turftoad
06-15-2017, 10:15 AM
I grew up watching boxing, but now I've switched to mma. I find it to be far superior.

McGregor would beat Mayweather's ass in a real fight.

Oh wait! I agree. In a real fight he would kick Mayweathers ass.

The point I was trying to make is they are using boxing rules, not MMA rules. Therefore I believe Mayweather will win but I like watching MMA better also.

ShaneFalco
06-15-2017, 10:55 AM
mayweather wouldnt last a minute under mma rules.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Oh wait! I agree. In a real fight he would kick Mayweathers ass.

The point I was trying to make is they are using boxing rules, not MMA rules. Therefore I believe Mayweather will win but I like watching MMA better also.

He should win going away, but I think McGregor has a puncher's chance

ShaneFalco
06-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Can you imagine what is going to happen when a MMA fighter knocks out the greatest boxer and makes him 49-1?

Chaos.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2017, 03:45 PM
https://youtu.be/x7os1C3bn_4

BroncoJoe
06-15-2017, 03:53 PM
https://youtu.be/x7os1C3bn_4

I hate Diaz. HATE.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I hate Diaz. HATE.

Did you listen to the commentary

BroncoJoe
06-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Did you listen to the commentary

Love the commentary, HATE Diaz.

DenBronx
06-15-2017, 06:05 PM
I want McGreggor to win but I just can't see it under boxing rules. It's too limited and all Floyd is going to do is run.

Now, IF McGreggor DOES win I don't see him ever returning to MMA which is a shame. He is box office for the UFC and it would get boring without him. If he wins he will just line up another 50 mill rematch or fight some other boxing chump.

He has really played the game perfect and is setting up his financial future. And I don't blame him at all for doing that, he deserves it.

Magnificent Seven
06-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Boxing Champion vs. UFC Champion. Whoever wins this match will be the undisputed champion. Who will have the edge this August? I would say 50%-50%.

Pros for them: It will be a home game for Mayweather and he has a lot of experiences in boxing. He knows his stuff. McGregor is 28-year old younger than Mayweather is. McGregor's mind games and mental toughness may have given the Fighting Irishman the edge.

Cons for them: Mayweather is 40 year-old. He has come out of retirement to fight UFC light heavyweight Champion and he could get physically outmatched by Conor McGregor. However, McGregor has to fight under boxing rules. Conor is a bit too willing to get hit; his defensive skills need to work on. Every time he gets hit, his granite chin gets chipped away at, bit-by-bit. McGregor can be disqualified if he shows poor sportsmanship.

Bottom Line: It will be 50%-50% and It will be an interesting match for everyone.

ShaneFalco
06-15-2017, 07:18 PM
i see connor walking through any jabs mayweather wants to throw, completely unphased.

Poet
06-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Connor is going to get his ass beat. MMA guys throw punchers and boxers box. The greatest striker in MMA history is drastically worse than an average UFC striker.

Buff
06-16-2017, 11:13 AM
McGregor a 5:1 dog on the early lines I'm seeing.

The problem with Mayweather fights is that they're all so anticlimactic. He just jives around and stays cleaner than the other guy and wins by decision. I imagine he'll win this one based on being better technically. I suspect it won't be the street fight we're hoping for.

Valar Morghulis
06-16-2017, 11:57 AM
The ability to work inside in a brawl toe fight is Floyd's most unrated attribute.

I think McGregor tries to pressure him and end up getting roughed up inside... Maybe even knocked out

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-16-2017, 12:11 PM
The ability to work inside in a brawl toe fight is Floyd's most unrated attribute.

I think McGregor tries to pressure him and end up getting roughed up inside... Maybe even knocked out
Possibly

What McGregor has in his favor are: great power in both hands, 74 inch reach, southpaw stance.

However, if Mayweather was able to avoid Canello's and De La Hoya's power he'll probably be able to do the same with McGregor.

I am really curious to see how he does because he's probably the best boxer in the UFC.

BroncoJoe
06-16-2017, 02:34 PM
It's going to be a really interesting fight. I just might have to buy it, which I don't normally do.

I think I get a discount... :D

ShaneFalco
06-16-2017, 04:08 PM
i hope mcgregor throws a roundhouse kick and knocks flloyd out at the end of the 9th round.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-16-2017, 04:11 PM
i hope mcgregor throws a roundhouse kick and knocks flloyd out at the end of the 9th round.

That would be awesome, of course he'd forfeit his purse. I don't think he'll sacrifice $75 million just to have the pleasure of kicking him in the head.

ShaneFalco
06-20-2017, 04:22 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/0h6rEIk1.Hqe2PyLLOC_lA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NzQ0O2g9NjU4/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/a59b05c55d440df1f32aa6e3f4907101

FanInAZ
07-13-2017, 11:56 PM

BroncoJoe
07-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Did anyone notice the pin-striped suit McGregor was wearing the other day?

Take a close look at the pinstripes.

BroncoWave
07-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Did anyone notice the pin-striped suit McGregor was wearing the other day?

Take a close look at the pinstripes.

Dammit man, you want to just post the picture instead of making me go look for it?

BroncoJoe
07-14-2017, 07:05 AM
This isn't in the lounge, so I hesitated posting it...

MODS, please remove if inappropriate.

BroncoJoe
07-14-2017, 07:07 AM
From a distance, you couldn't tell:

MasterShake
07-14-2017, 07:52 AM
I kinda gave up on Boxing after Tyson's heyday and this only interests me because of McGregor. I think McGregor would mop the floor with Mayweather in a street fight, but I don't like his chances in the boxing ring. I mean, I know jack shit about fighting on that level but it seems like the tactics and balance you need for MMA are completely different to boxing and I think that puts McGregor at a disadvantage. I do want to see the fight though, so I guess that is the point.

Speaking of fighting styles clashing and the UFC, does anyone remember it when it was called The Ultimate Fighting Championship when it first started? I remember watching the first one with my dad and it was like Karate guy vs grappler, boxer vs Sumo wrestler, and other stuff like that. It was like a real life fighting video game like Street Fighter. It was quickly proven that once you are out of your discipline the fights lasted about 2 seconds which is why it's all MMA now. I remember the sumo guy got his tooth kicked out by a kickboxer or something like that.

They need to start doing stuff like this in real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_uCeBCYtU

Also

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-14-2017, 10:52 AM
I kinda gave up on Boxing after Tyson's heyday and this only interests me because of McGregor. I think McGregor would mop the floor with Mayweather in a street fight, but I don't like his chances in the boxing ring. I mean, I know jack shit about fighting on that level but it seems like the tactics and balance you need for MMA are completely different to boxing and I think that puts McGregor at a disadvantage. I do want to see the fight though, so I guess that is the point.

Speaking of fighting styles clashing and the UFC, does anyone remember it when it was called The Ultimate Fighting Championship when it first started? I remember watching the first one with my dad and it was like Karate guy vs grappler, boxer vs Sumo wrestler, and other stuff like that. It was like a real life fighting video game like Street Fighter. It was quickly proven that once you are out of your discipline the fights lasted about 2 seconds which is why it's all MMA now. I remember the sumo guy got his tooth kicked out by a kickboxer or something like that.

They need to start doing stuff like this in real life:

Also

McGregor was a boxer before he got into MMA, so this isn't like a guy with a wrestling background who learned striking is getting in the ring with Mayweather. McGregor is a guy with a boxing background who learned mma.

MasterShake
07-14-2017, 12:35 PM
McGregor was a boxer before he got into MMA, so this isn't like a guy with a wrestling background who learned striking is getting in the ring with Mayweather. McGregor is a guy with a boxing background who learned mma.

Ok gotcha. Still, Mayweather has a pretty big edge here I would think.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Ok gotcha. Still, Mayweather has a pretty big edge here I would think.

Definitely.

Mayweather should school him, but McGregor has a punchers chance.

MasterShake
07-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Definitely.

Mayweather should school him, but McGregor has a punchers chance.

I would say so. I've seen a few McGregor fights just now on Youtube and you can tell he has boxed but it seems he does it in a way to stun or keep his opponent at arms length then shatter his kneecap and get him to the ground as quickly as possible. Given the choice I'd rather box Mayweather then fight McGregor. :lol:

FanInAZ
07-14-2017, 04:44 PM

I just realized that's not Hulk Hogan's voice :shocked:

Slick
07-17-2017, 09:35 AM
These press conferences are terrible. I hope Floyd takes this guy to school. McGregor is a disgusting loudmouth.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 09:41 AM
These press conferences are terrible. I hope Floyd takes this guy to school. McGregor is a disgusting loudmouth.

Mayweather can be just as offensive. He's just not as quick witted as McGregor.

Slick
07-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Mayweather can be just as offensive. He's just not as quick witted as McGregor.

I don't care. The Irishman needs to lose.

weazel
07-17-2017, 09:49 AM
McGregor has already been knocked out in sparring, this clown doesn't have a chance. I hate Mayweather but that mcgregor is a ******* fool, if he was a nobody you guys would hate this douchebag.

MasterShake
07-17-2017, 09:52 AM
McGregor has already been knocked out in sparring, this clown doesn't have a chance. I hate Mayweather but that mcgregor is a ******* fool, if he was a nobody you guys would hate this douchebag.

It's all theater for a huge payday. I would act like a douche too for that kind of money. Real douchebags do it for free. Or for internet points.

BroncoJoe
07-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Eh, I don't particularly like McGregor, but you have to remember he's an MMA superstar and that's what they do. Talk shit. I'd be more disappointed if he was acting all humble.

I'm debating ordering this fight. Haven't decided if I want to spend the money or not, but I kind of want to watch it just to see what happens.

weazel
07-17-2017, 10:02 AM
It's all theater for a huge payday. I would act like a douche too for that kind of money. Real douchebags do it for free. Or for internet points.

what kind of points are you giving me?

chazoe60
07-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Mayweather is a much bigger douche bag than McGregor. Mayweather is a barely literate woman beater who made 9 figures last year but can't pay his taxes. Mayweather is one of the worst people in sports.

McGregor's act wears thin with me too but in terms of dpuchey-ness he's not in the same ballpark as Mayweather.

weazel
07-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Eh, I don't particularly like McGregor, but you have to remember he's an MMA superstar and that's what they do. Talk shit. I'd be more disappointed if he was acting all humble.

I'm debating ordering this fight. Haven't decided if I want to spend the money or not, but I kind of want to watch it just to see what happens.

dont order it, I will tell you what happens. Mayweather strolls around the ring trying not to get touched while mcgregor chases him around throwing haymakers that wildly miss. This goes on for a few rounds and then the mma dude gets freaking tired because he hasn't fought longer than 9 minutes in his life and mayweather starts hitting him with shots from all over and puts him down.

weazel
07-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Mayweather is a much bigger douche bag than McGregor. Mayweather is a barely literate woman beater who made 9 figures last year but can't pay his taxes. Mayweather is one of the worst people in sports.

McGregor's act wears thin with me too but in terms of dpuchey-ness he's not in the same ballpark as Mayweather.

They're both douchebags. Both sports are full of douchebags, the fighting game is where guys go when they aren't in jail.

Poet
They are bad people. Gregor has a five percent chance and I'm being generous.

chazoe60
Here's an article that shows just how big of a douchebag Floyd Mayweather really is.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/opinions/reyes-mayweather-fight/index.html

Sorry, I can't root for this guy in anything.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Don't misunderstand me, I have rooted against him in every mma fight he's been in. I can't stand him. However, I'm torn about who I dislike more in this match.

chazoe60
07-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Don't misunderstand me, I have rooted against him in every mma fight he's been in. I can't stand him. However, I'm torn about who I dislike more in this match.

One has a documented history of beating women, even in front of his own children, the other has no such documented past. It's an easy decision.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 10:35 AM
One has a documented history of beating women, even in front of his own children, the other has no such documented past. It's an easy decision.

Game, set, and match.

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:38 AM
You have a domestic abuser and a guy who probably isn't a racist but is using racial attacks to drive up hype. Trash humans. Floyd is worse.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 10:53 AM
You have a domestic abuser and a guy who probably isn't a racist but is using racial attacks to drive up hype. Trash humans. Floyd is worse.

I don't think McGregor used a racial epithet. The only comment he made that con be construed that way was when he said 'dance for me boy'. However, I think it can only be construed that way if you want to construe it that way.

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:57 AM
I don't think McGregor used a racial epithet. The only comment he made that con be construed that way was when he said 'dance for me boy'. However, I think it can only be construed that way if you want to construe it that way.

Commits about monkeys and being black from the waist down. He's a showman -- he knows what he's doing. I doubt he's actually a bigot, but it's hard to suspend disbelief.

weazel
07-17-2017, 10:58 AM

It is a very easy decision... look away, don't route for either. This whole thing is a joke.

Poet
07-17-2017, 11:00 AM
It is a very easy decision... look away, don't route for either. This whole thing is a joke.

FMW wins easy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Commits about monkeys and being black from the waist down. He's a showman -- he knows what he's doing. I doubt he's actually a bigot, but it's hard to suspend disbelief.

Good point

Poet
07-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Good point

One of my coworkers and I talked about it and he's probably just milking it for more exposure. I'm mad at myself because I still want to see the fight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 07:05 PM
One of my coworkers and I talked about it and he's probably just milking it for more exposure. I'm mad at myself because I still want to see the fight.

I'll watch it-

McGregor is one of the best self promoters of our generation. I don't think he's the most talented guy in the UFC. I'm not sure he's even the best lightweight, but he's easily the most marketable guy on the roster.

Poet
07-17-2017, 07:09 PM
I'll watch it-

McGregor is one of the best self promoters of our generation. I don't think he's the most talented guy in the UFC. I'm not sure he's even the best lightweight, but he's easily the most marketable guy on the roster.

I think he's overrated and a cheap imitation of charisma. He's going to get embarrassed by FMW and that horrible knockout he's going to get will shorten his career. And that horrible tape he puts out there will shorten it even more.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 07:51 PM
FMW looks like a little child. Running around with a backpack like some middle schooler.

Who is going to run from a UFC fighter. Instead of fighting him or trying to knock him out.

FMW is the biggest coward you can find on the planet. Beating women, running in matches.

Irish gunna knock him the fug out

Poet
07-17-2017, 07:58 PM
FMW looks like a little child. Running around with a backpack like some middle schooler.

Who is going to run from a UFC fighter. Instead of fighting him or trying to knock him out.

FMW is the biggest coward you can find on the planet. Beating women, running in matches.

Irish gunna knock him the fug out

He looks like a guy with a bunch of money.

He's a boxer, it's a more technical sport. If you can't get past your opponent's defenses your TKO skills don't matter.

Irish is going to get exposed for being a guy who wouldn't even be an average boxer.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:00 PM
dont give me that bullshit. Alot of money? He owes 20mil to the IRS.....

Tyson was a boxer. He looked to finish.

If Flloyd looks to RUN from a person who has never even boxed before, then the guy is the biggest coward i have ever seen.

Poet
07-17-2017, 08:02 PM
dont give me that bullshit.

Tyson was a boxer. He looked to finish.

If Flloyd looks to RUN from a person who has never even boxed before, then the guy is the biggest coward i have ever seen.

Tyson was also a guy who threw his career away and ended it in shame. Ali is supposed to be the greatest ever, and he didn't blindly rush in there.

You're already giving yourself outs - you know McGregor is going to get worked over so you're preemptively calling him a coward. And he is, but not for being arguably the greatest ever, but for beating women.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Just stop. You are comparing Ali who fought actual world heavyweight champions. Not UFC fighters.

Anything less then Mcgregor getting knocked out or throwing in his mouthguard

is a LOSS for Flloyd.

Poet
07-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Anything less then Mcgregor getting knocked out or throwing in his mouthguard

is a LOSS for Flloyd.

Your boy said he was going to win. Period. If he can't get it done he can't get it done.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:06 PM
You have turned from the Von Kinger,

Into the Bandwagon Kinger.

KD, Dodgers, and now FMW

#Style Crown is taken

Poet
07-17-2017, 08:08 PM
You have turned from the Von Kinger,

Into the Bandwagon Kinger.

KD, Dodgers, and now FMW

#Style Crown is taken

I hate FMW. I hate him more than you do. People who beat on those who can't defend themselves make me sick.

But if being a bad person meant you weren't good at anything, then FMW would be utter shit at boxing.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:10 PM
And i love Mcgregor.

But the guy is boxing. He has never done it before.

If Flloyd cannot knock him out, or make him quit, and Connor lasts till a decision.

Then in my eyes Connor won.

Poet
07-17-2017, 08:15 PM
And i love Mcgregor.

But the guy is boxing. He has never done it before.

If Flloyd cannot knock him out, or make him quit, and Connor lasts till a decision.

Then in my eyes Connor won.

McGregor is a shitty person. He's not as bad as FMW, but come on.

He's the one who ran his mouth and talked about how he could beat FMW. He said it. The guy clearly cares about money above all else, and he's sacrificing his well-being for a huge paycheck. CM would have to fight damn near 6 fights to earn this much money. I dont' have an issue with it, but if you're boxing, you're boxing.

I think you're just emotionally hedging your bets.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Deep down flloyd is thanking mcgregor and ufc.

Since boxing could never get him a match like this.

Poet
07-17-2017, 08:52 PM

Man...that's a silly statement...especially since the same thing could be said to McGregor.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 08:57 PM
actually Mcgregor constantly fought the best in the UFC.

Who was flloyds last match? Some scrub named Berto?

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Also Mcgergor is the bigger star worldwide, and its not even close.

Nobody even likes FMW out of Vegas.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:00 PM
actually Mcgregor constantly fought the best in the UFC.

What big names did FMW not fight? The biggest purse McGregor ever got in the UFC isn't half of the normal one FMW got. You get that, right? No one's putting Connor McGregor up in the conversation as the GOAT, but FMW is arguably the best ever. You do know that, right?

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:03 PM
FMW is not the best ever.

And to say that, to even bring him into the conversation of GOAT, brings shame to the sport.

His last two fights.

Some scrub named Berto, and Pacquio, fighting with a broken rotator cuff and one arm.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:08 PM
And again you are comparing apples to oranges.

Boxing barely has any structure. Its promoters fighting for their fighter to have the best matchup, regardless of what the fans want.

Compared the UFC, with an organizational head, matching up the best matchup, based on what the fans want.

This is why we get FMW against some scrub like Berto, or have to wait years for a Pac fight, and by then, the dude is so old, he is getting hurt in training up to the fight.

Its not even close.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:08 PM
FMW is not the best ever.

And to say that, to even bring him into the conversation of GOAT, brings shame to the sport.

His last two fights.

Some scrub named Berto, and Pacquio, fighting with a broken rotator cuff and one arm.

He's undefeated and beat every big name put in front of him. You're saying a lot of things that are just factually unsound, Shane.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:10 PM
And again you are comparing apples to oranges.

Boxing barely has any structure. Its promoters fighting for their fighter to have the best matchup, regardless of what the fans want.

Compared the UFC, with an organizational head, matching up the best matchup, based on what the fans want.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/floyd-mayweather-the-greatest-of-them-all/

Learn my friend. Embrace it. You cna hate the man while acknowledging what he is. And he's arguably the GOAT. McGregor, if he retired now, isn't a top 25 fighter of all time.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Wow thats embarassing for the sport.

If this coward is considered the goat.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Wow thats embarassing for the sport.

If this coward is considered the goat.

Heaven forbid technical boxing and defense...you realize he got a lot of knockouts as a young guy and switched his styles to prolong his career and just win, right?

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Heaven forbid fighters actually fighting

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Heaven forbid fighters actually fighting

Not letting the guy hit me while I hit him definitely isn't fighting. You want to watch a bar fight.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Not letting the guy hit me while I hit him definitely isn't fighting. You want to watch a bar fight.

Or this. One of the up and coming Defensive Boxers who actually goes toe to toe and slugs it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqhkFBBIo4

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Loma aint afraid to fight.

The guy has some of the best ability to dodge in the game, and he uses it to advance on people. Not run away from them.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:27 PM
So the critique is that Floyd should box less and change his style? Talk to boxing purists and they all love FMW's game. It's called the sweet science.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Point is. Lomachenko is not a coward. FMW is.

boxing purists drive me nuts. Dont even get me started.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Loma aint afraid to fight.

The guy has some of the best ability to dodge in the game, and he uses it to advance on people. Not run away from them.

Watch Floyd's early fights, ffs.

You're essentially complaining that Floyd is so good that he can hit his opponents, they can't hit him, and that he should abandon strategy and logic so you like his fights more.

The Broncos should play coverage less, blitz more, because that's ******* dope!

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Point is. Lomachenko is not a coward. FMW is.

boxing purists drive me nuts. Dont even get me started.

Yeah, the fans of the sport who study it and obsess about it the most are awful.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:30 PM

You're essentially complaining that Floyd is so good that he can hit his opponents, they can't hit him, and that he should abandon strategy and logic so you like his fights more.

The Broncos should play coverage less, blitz more, because that's ******* dope!

Hey with blitzing you will at least hit some people.

Flloyd Mayweather defense is like Sending a CB blitzing, then having him run back to the endzone and defend the pass with the entire team, nobody even rushes the qb.

:laugh:

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:32 PM

naw i dont want to fall asleep at 8:30 pm.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Hey with blitzing you will at least hit some people.

Flloyd Mayweather defense is like Sending a CB blitzing, then having him run back to the endzone and defend the pass with the entire team, nobody even rushes the qb.

:laugh:

Floyd hits people a lot. Refer to the article, please. His defense is too good! It's unfair! Floyd should be less capable at defense! He's too good! Unfair!

Don't watch this fight, SF. I beg you.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:33 PM
i watched the paq fight, thats all i needed to know about this little coward.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:34 PM
i watched the paq fight, thats all i needed to know about this little coward.

He gets into the ring with the best boxers in the world. ;)

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 09:34 PM
You say he changed his style so he could have a longer career,

he is 40. His career is over.

Lets see if he actually fights, or just runs away for a longer career yet again.

FMW is going to be fighting at age 80.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:37 PM
You say he changed his style so he could have a longer career,

he is 40. His career is over.

Lets see if he actually fights, or just runs away for a longer career yet again.

FMW is going to be fighting at age 80.

He's 40 and still considered to be the best boxer in the world. ANd he has enough of a career for McGregor to get his biggest payday in the fight. Make no mistake, McGregor needed the match.

He's going to hit McGregor a lot. McGregor won't hit him much, if at all.

chazoe60
07-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Mayweather is boring, boxing is dying and one of the death blows was delivered by UFC. Boxing was killing itself with it's fractured structure ( is there still like three different governing bodies?) and it's rampant corruption.

UFC is a much more entertaining sport and I would have loved to see this fight be in an octagon instead of a boxing ring, would be awesome to see Mayweather get pummeled by McGregor on his terms. As it is I think Mayweather will win an extremely boring fight in which he ducks, covers and runs most of the night. It won't change the fact that he's a terrible human being.

Poet
07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Never knew you guys hated strategy. Mayweather's defense is too good ='s "Randy Johnson threw the ball too fast,' and/or "Maddux painted the corners too much."

Mayweather is basically Gregg Maddux, Chaz.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 10:00 PM
He's 40 and still considered to be the best boxer in the world. ANd he has enough of a career for McGregor to get his biggest payday in the fight. Make no mistake, McGregor needed the match.

He's going to hit McGregor a lot. McGregor won't hit him much, if at all.
so he is going to extend his career further at age 40 by running the whole match?

Thats what you are telling me.

Absurd. That is not GOAT, hell its not even great.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Never knew you guys hated strategy. Mayweather's defense is too good ='s "Randy Johnson threw the ball too fast,' and/or "Maddux painted the corners too much."

why is he using strategy to extend his career when his career is over?

chazoe60
07-17-2017, 10:02 PM

Didn't say it doesn't work, just said it's boring. MMA is chock full of strategy BTW.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Flloyd is the BOAt

Bitch Of All Time.

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Didn't say it doesn't work, just said it's boring. MMA is chock full of strategy BTW.

It sure is - and I still recall when people bitched that St. Pierre was boring, too.

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:10 PM
why is he using strategy to extend his career when his career is over?

When you can still beat the best in the world your career isn't over.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Mayweather spent the last 5 years dodging GGG because he knew Golovkin would beat his ass. The excuse was Golovkin was too big. However he fought Canelo and Canelo is bigger than Golovkin.

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:47 PM
Mayweather spent the last 5 years dodging GGG because he knew Golovkin would beat his ass. The excuse was Golovkin was too big. However he fought Canelo and Canelo is bigger than Golovkin.

He called him out, Al. FMW is the only fighter with a truly flawless career. He's the greatest ever, unfortunately.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 10:52 PM
He called him out, Al. FMW is the only fighter with a truly flawless career. He's the greatest ever, unfortunately.

Who called who? I'm not sure who you're referring to.

Having an unbeaten record does not make you a goat, especially knowing full well there was a fighter in his generation he couldn't beat (Golovkin). He's an all time great, but there are other fighters who were more dominant, such as Roy Jones Jr.

chazoe60
07-17-2017, 10:56 PM

By that logic Rocky Marciano>>>>>>Ali

Poet
07-17-2017, 10:57 PM

Having an unbeaten record does not make you a goat, especially knowing full well there was a fighter in his generation he couldn't beat (Golovkin). He's an all time great, but there are other fighters who were more dominant, such as Roy Jones Jr.

Jones Jr. lost too much. Ali lost to a cat from Jacksonville Illinois, Al.

GGG got called out by FMW.

The only guy who has an argument is Sugar Ray Robinson. That's just my opinion, and I don't think it's fact, but the arguments I have read suggest that FMW is the GOAT. I know you're a student of the game, and I apologize for getting lippy with you. Forgive me. I'll leave now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Jones Jr. lost too much. Ali lost to a cat from Jacksonville Illinois, Al.

GGG got called out by FMW.

The only guy who has an argument is Sugar Ray Robinson. That's just my opinion, and I don't think it's fact, but the arguments I have read suggest that FMW is the GOAT. I know you're a student of the game, and I apologize for getting lippy with you. Forgive me. I'll leave now.

Jones didn't lose until he was well past his prime. He was unbeatable in his prime.

FMW liked to call out people and then put up hurdles in the negotiation so the fight never happens. He did it Manny P until Manny P slowed down .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Jones didn't lose until he was well past his prime. He was unbeatable in his prime.

FMW liked to call out people and then put up hurdles in the negotiation so the fight never happens. He did it Manny P until Manny P slowed down .

And the last time Mayweathers uncle was asked about Golovkin his response was, "we're not fighting a giant" Mayweather talks in public but behind closed doors he wants nothing to do with Golovkin. He wouldn't be able to run from him. Golovkin's jab is too good

Poet
07-17-2017, 11:23 PM

Manny P was a known cheater, though. Manny P, if he wasn't a cheater, wouldn't have objected to the testing. That's FMW being smart -- how many guys want their fights back from Holyfield's cheating ass?

Poet
07-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Also note that FMW is being asked to fight the giant at this stage in his career - the logic that Jones Jr. only lost when he was old holds serve in this venture as well.

But now I'm just arguing to argue. Because, like I said, FMW's career isn't over - he's still fighting.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2017, 11:35 PM
When you can still beat the best in the world your career isn't over.

what.... he is 40 years old....

Poet
07-18-2017, 12:16 AM
what.... he is 40 years old....

He's still considered to be the best in the world, though. How can your career be over when you're the best? It is if you choose it to be.

ShaneFalco
07-18-2017, 06:42 AM
CMON! CMON LETS FIGHT.

THIS IS BOXING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5mRv3xGY80

Not whatever abomination FMW has turned it into

weazel
07-18-2017, 09:21 AM

you're really starting to sound dumb. Stop while you're behind.

BroncoJoe
07-18-2017, 09:32 AM

This isn't true, according to the following:

http://mmacs.net/mmacs-rumour-killer-wheeler-not-knock-mcgregor/

Oh, and WTF happened over the last three or four pages? Get a room already King and Shane.

dogfish
07-26-2017, 06:35 PM
i'm with chazzy. . . yes, mcgregor is a loudmouth meathead douchebag-- but so is mayweather, and he's a little woman-beating bitch on top of it. . . outside of stabby ray and rapenstein, floyd's probably the worst person in sports. . . i know there's no chance, but i'd dearly love to see connor splatter his stupid face all over the ring. . . we all know what's really going to happen, though-- floyd will dance with him until he gets tired, land some harmless jabs, and win by decision. . .

i won't contribute any of my cash, but i might hit up a bar that's showing it. . .

chazoe60
07-26-2017, 06:48 PM
i'm with chazzy. . . yes, mcgregor is a loudmouth meathead douchebag-- but so is mayweather, and he's a little woman-beating bitch on top of it. . . outside of stabby ray and rapenstein, floyd's probably the worst person in sports. . . i know there's no chance, but i'd dearly love to see connor splatter his stupid face all over the ring. . . we all know what's really going to happen, though-- floyd will dance with him until he gets tired, land some harmless jabs, and win by decision. . .

i won't contribute any of my cash, but i might hit up a bar that's showing it. . .

I'm thinking of having a party. Invite 5-10 friends and split the cost.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-26-2017, 09:53 PM
I hope McGregor decides to forgo the $75 million, gets the takedown and starts dropping elbows on Mayweather

dogfish
07-26-2017, 10:30 PM

we should just crash joe's place instead, since he gets it for free. . . :heh:

Jsteve01
07-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Connor is going to get his ass beat. MMA guys throw punchers and boxers box. The greatest striker in MMA history is drastically worse than an average UFC striker.

I just can't believe how many people have convinced themselves that somehow McGregor wins this fight. I'm a huge huge MMA fan. Grew up in the martial arts my brother who trains in the zingano gym in Broomfield has had Cat zingano Corner him in Muay Thai fights. I love Thai kickboxing and MMA. But you have to be freaking nuts to think that the guy that made Canelo look like an amateur is somehow going to get caught by a shot from McGregor. Ain't happening no way no how. The only reason in the world that it would happen is if Floyd throws the fight in hopes for a second payday. There is no other way that McGregor wins that fight.

Jsteve01
07-26-2017, 11:04 PM

Having an unbeaten record does not make you a goat, especially knowing full well there was a fighter in his generation he couldn't beat (Golovkin). He's an all time great, but there are other fighters who were more dominant, such as Roy Jones Jr. the problem with Jones was not that he was the best boxer of his generation. It was that he was so much better than everybody else that he was fighting that he he got bored. Remember at the end he would go play a semi-pro basketball game and have a fight the same weekend. Pound-for-pound the most exciting fighter I've ever watched. You can forget about the heavyweights he was fast he was athletic he had all the power in the world I remember the first time I saw Jones fight it was against James Toney and he destroyed Tony who was supposed to be one of the best fighters in the game at that point.

ShaneFalco
07-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Canelo Schmelo

FMW is going down

Jsteve01
07-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Canelo Schmelo

FMW is going down

So now you're going to assert that McGregor has more power and is a better boxer than Canelo?

Jsteve01
07-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Canelo Schmelo

FMW is going down

McGregor has fought one really good fighter in his entire career in MMA. One. That was Aldo who was coming off injury and hadn't fought in over a year. He beat Mendez who came in and took the fight on like what two weeks notice. And he's got nobody else on his resume. If somebody says Nate Diaz I'm going to laugh my ass off

Jsteve01
07-26-2017, 11:17 PM

I'm thinking of having a party. Invite 5-10 friends and split the cost. just drive down to Junction Chaz and we'll watch it at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Poet
07-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Be careful, Jsteve, Dogfish is going to swindle you!

Hawgdriver
07-26-2017, 11:59 PM
If somebody says Nate Diaz I'm going to laugh my ass off

Diaz is the ultimate zombie champ.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-27-2017, 01:12 AM
the problem with Jones was not that he was the best boxer of his generation. It was that he was so much better than everybody else that he was fighting that he he got bored. Remember at the end he would go play a semi-pro basketball game and have a fight the same weekend. Pound-for-pound the most exciting fighter I've ever watched. You can forget about the heavyweights he was fast he was athletic he had all the power in the world I remember the first time I saw Jones fight it was against James Toney and he destroyed Tony who was supposed to be one of the best fighters in the game at that point.

Yeah, I remember. He played one half of a CBA game as a point guard and had a title fight the same day. He probably spent more energy in the basketball game because his title fight was over inside of 3 rounds .

I agree with what you've said about McGregor. I essentially said the same thing; if Canelo and Manny P. couldn't catch him then the chances of McGregor doing it are slim to none

Poet
07-27-2017, 01:15 AM
I saw the beating he gave James Toney. Toney's defense used to enrage his opponents, and he had some fairly serious power, too. But if you're so good you get bored and get punished for it, that's a major flaw.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-27-2017, 01:39 AM
I saw the beating he gave James Toney. Toney's defense used to enrage his opponents, and he had some fairly serious power, too. But if you're so good you get bored and get punished for it, that's a major flaw.

I don't think Jones got bored. I think he just got older and lost the speed and explosiveness

Poet
07-27-2017, 01:48 AM
I don't think Jones got bored. I think he just got older and lost the speed and explosiveness

He imploded at one point.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2017, 08:34 AM

If you weren't so damn far away, I'd come over!

we should just crash joe's place instead, since he gets it for free. . . :heh:

I wish. PPV events like this aren't even discounted!

Jsteve01
07-27-2017, 11:55 PM

He imploded at one point.

Are you talking about when he had the no-contest because he punched the guy with his knee on the ground?

Poet
07-28-2017, 12:11 AM
When he lost three in a row it was time to hang it up. Loss to Tarver, loss to rando, loss to Tarver.

Valar Morghulis
07-29-2017, 07:32 PM
This fight is a ******* joke

Jsteve01
07-29-2017, 07:48 PM
When he lost three in a row it was time to hang it up. Loss to Tarver, loss to rando, loss to Tarver.

Yeah but again that wasn't imploding. That was getting old. Roy Jones in his prime would be any fighter I've ever seen in that middle to light heavyweight class and it ain't even close

ShaneFalco
07-29-2017, 07:51 PM
Jones fight tonight

stream to it. just hit play dont register

http://buffstream.com/watch/mma.php

Poet
07-29-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah but again that wasn't imploding. That was getting old. Roy Jones in his prime would be any fighter I've ever seen in that middle to light heavyweight class and it ain't even close

Great fighters can extend their careers, and when he tried to do so he got punished. He was a HoFer. But he's not FMW. And this is just my opinion, Jsteve. I'm just a guy....on the internet...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Great fighters can extend their careers, and when he tried to do so he got punished. He was a HoFer. But he's not FMW. And this is just my opinion, Jsteve. I'm just a guy....on the internet...

That is subjective opinion.

Poet
07-30-2017, 11:52 AM
That is subjective opinion.

Aye.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-30-2017, 02:06 PM
Aye.
Aye

Poet
07-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Aye

Yep.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-30-2017, 03:39 PM
Yep.

Indeed

Poet
07-30-2017, 03:42 PM
Indeed

McGregor vs. FMW is a bigger mismatch than The Golden State Warriors vs. Duke.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Indeed

Jsteve01
07-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Indeed

Well yeah because Duke has played at an extremely high level albeit in a different division. McGregor has never boxed at a high level.

Jsteve01
07-30-2017, 08:19 PM

Great fighters can extend their careers, and when he tried to do so he got punished. He was a HoFer. But he's not FMW. And this is just my opinion, Jsteve. I'm just a guy....on the internet... I would almost compare this to the Terrell Davis or Gale Sayers conversation. For a five-year. He was hands down the best fighter I've ever seen. Did he have the greatest career of anyone? Obviously not although I think one of the things that's forgotten is even the greats Like Sugar Ray Robinson took a bunch of losses at the end of their careers. This trend towards bowing out gracefully is a rather new thing to the boxing game. The older guys would fight and fight and fight until they were just drooling idiots

Poet
07-30-2017, 09:13 PM
I respect your stance, sir. My response would be that he took a couple of those losses still being heralded as the man.

Jsteve01
08-01-2017, 10:14 PM
I respect your stance, sir. My response would be that he took a couple of those losses still being heralded as the man. again I go back to my previous post which was that over a multi-year. He was hands down the best fighter that I've ever seen.

Poet
08-01-2017, 10:17 PM
again I go back to my previous post which was that over a multi-year. He was hands down the best fighter that I've ever seen.

You're either the man or you're not. He didn't have a slow decline, either. Boxers can have longevity, especially if they care. I actually youtubed his latter fights, that man did not care.

But, you do know more about the sport than I do, so I'm going to say that I was looking to find what I 'wanted' and yield the argument to you.

missMorgan
08-02-2017, 01:05 AM
I wonder why Conor Mcgregor agreed to go for this fight, I mean UFC is different from boxing. Oh well, I guess all of us are excited to see this match I just hope that it will be interesting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 08:12 AM
I wonder why Conor Mcgregor agreed to go for this fight, I mean UFC is different from boxing. Oh well, I guess all of us are excited to see this match I just hope that it will be interesting.

$75 million is why.

Poet
08-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Being the best MMA fighter in the world doesn't pay as well as being a random victim to a top guy in boxing.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Being the best MMA fighter in the world doesn't pay as well as being a random victim to a top guy in boxing.

well done. best post in about 12 months.

lacks all your usual posturing and pretentious critique - and just savages the issue with brutal truth, in one line. congrats.

Poet
08-02-2017, 01:38 PM
well done. best post in about 12 months.

lacks all your usual posturing and pretentious critique - and just savages the issue with brutal truth, in one line. congrats.

If I made this post you'd hate me for it!

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 01:40 PM
If I made this post you'd hate me for it!

I hate you regardless of the posts you make

Poet
08-02-2017, 01:45 PM
I hate you regardless of the posts you make

And that makes me sad. I conceded an argument out of respect to ones superior knowledge yesterday. But you only see the monster and not the man! I know you don't like me, you monster!!! YOU BRUTE!

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 02:07 PM
And that makes me sad. I conceded an argument out of respect to ones superior knowledge yesterday. But you only see the monster and not the man! I know you don't like me, you monster!!! YOU BRUTE!

I noticed that - i intended to send you a mile high salute to acknolwdge it. But i hate you too much.

Don't concede arguments out of some misplaced respect for anothers opinion - concede when you recognise you are in error or once you have put your point across and you now realise that the other person has no interest in altering their view regardless of the salient points you made!

You beast.

Poet
08-02-2017, 02:08 PM
We hit a stalemate - his arguments were slightly superior. Still subjective. But better.

You CRETIN!

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Vagrant

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Specifically, there's only one guy in boxing that draws money like that. It's more about Mayweather than it is about boxing being a better money maker.

Poet
08-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Boxing still pays better.

Poet
08-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Vagrant

Rapscallion!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Boxing still pays better.

In what manner?

dogfish
08-02-2017, 03:43 PM
In what manner?

they probably just send them a check. . .

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2017, 03:46 PM
In what manner?

The fact there is a guaranteed purse regardless of winning

BroncoWave
08-02-2017, 03:47 PM
In what manner?

In the manner that they make more money?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 04:05 PM
The fact there is a guaranteed purse regardless of winning

UFC fighters get a minimum of $50k per fight, win lose or draw. That's just the fringe fighters. The bigger names make more per fight.

In the manner that they make more money?

Indeed-

Poet
08-02-2017, 04:34 PM
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/23/12512178/why-do-boxers-make-more-than-mma-fighters

The UFC guys seem to be getting hosed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2017, 04:51 PM
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/23/12512178/why-do-boxers-make-more-than-mma-fighters

The UFC guys seem to be getting hosed.

You might be looking at the average mma purse (which includes the lower level circuits like Legacy and Bellator, and not the average UFC purse. That article said the average UFC purse was $61k, while the average boxing purse was considerably lower than that.

Additionally, a UFC fighters $20k show purse means he gets $20k just for being there if the other guy has to be removed from the card; meaning if the fight is scratched he still gets his $$.

Their minimum fight purse is $40k plus a $5-10k endorsement purse from Reebok, win lose or draw.

ShaneFalco
08-03-2017, 01:15 AM
FMW should have never unretired.

He should have stayed on the couch.

Its over for him. 49-1

ShaneFalco
08-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Something FMW would never do.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/894054092724727808

Poet
08-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Its over for him. 49-1

Sig bet?

Jsteve01
08-11-2017, 08:40 PM

Its over for him. 49-1

Sig bet? I want in on that.

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Sig bet?

i change my sigs every few weeks.

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 11:30 PM
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/896221204721303553

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Should have stayed retired fmw. Irish is here for your throne

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 11:32 PM
THE CHAMP IS HERE.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/896221007740100608

ShaneFalco
08-11-2017, 11:33 PM
That Malignaggi got clowned on by Irish.

Poet
08-12-2017, 12:00 AM
i change my sigs every few weeks.

For 30 days from the fight, the loser (you get CMG and I get FMW) has to wear a signature of the winner's choosing. You change it every few weeks, so this works out.

But, if you don't believe in your boy, that's fine, too.

ShaneFalco
08-12-2017, 12:01 AM
For 30 days from the fight, the loser (you get CMG and I get FMW) has to wear a signature of the winner's choosing. You change it every few weeks, so this works out.

deal. but make it 15 days. Thats my average.

Poet
08-12-2017, 12:02 AM
deal. but make it 15 days. Thats my average.

Deal. It starts as soon as the lists the sig in this thread. Make it a point to be online the following day.

ShaneFalco
08-12-2017, 12:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG6jnH5UAAAgzO4.jpg

dogfish
08-12-2017, 12:59 AM

Deal. It starts as soon as the lists the sig in this thread. Make it a point to be online the following day.

damn, foo! coulda gone for no more tebow posts, but nooo. . .

never happen, but it would be damn funny to see smokey get sig rights on ya. . .

:bandit:

Poet
08-12-2017, 09:04 AM
I love Tebow!

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 06:07 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStreams/comments/6w8euz/main_thread_mayweather_vs_mcgregor/

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 06:29 PM
watching these pre lims.

Forgot how boring boxing is sometimes without the right fighters.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 06:58 PM
in one of prelims, guy gets knocked down, clinches for whole round.

Wins the fight decision.

Im so done with boxing.

DenBronx
08-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Someone PM me a valid link. Kodi is being a lil B tonight.

BroncoWave
08-26-2017, 08:05 PM
I would like a link as well.

Valar Morghulis
08-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Buy the fight you scumbags

DenBronx
08-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Buy the fight you scumbags

If it was a UFC fight I would but I only want to see the one fight.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 08:19 PM
http://ripple.is/boxing/618-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 08:19 PM
under card at the moment..on that stream

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 08:21 PM
3 more fights before FMW meets his end

DenBronx
08-26-2017, 08:49 PM
That ripple stream doesn't work.

Where do I go Shane? First Row?

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 08:53 PM
What time does the fight start?

DenBronx
08-26-2017, 08:54 PM

It's already started there are a couple of fights before McGregor

Valar Morghulis
08-26-2017, 08:55 PM

About an hour from now

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 09:31 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/olly3926

DenBronx
08-26-2017, 10:00 PM
Wow that Twitch stream is actually working crystal clear and you can watch it with your friends on XBOX. Lol

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 10:07 PM
yea but has over 50k people on the stream now.

It will be 100k come main fight.

Or it will be shut down, will have to find backups

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 10:16 PM
got pulled heres two more

https://www.twitch.tv/tabaskosweett

https://www.twitch.tv/jbiiiyt

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 10:18 PM
I ponied up to watch at local sportsbar.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 10:21 PM
its not that big of a deal, just gotta follow the right people on twitter who keep putting up new streams when they get taken down

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 10:31 PM
its not that big of a deal, just gotta follow the right people on twitter who keep putting up new streams when they get taken down

**** that

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 10:37 PM
I am getting links off these guys on twitter.

They keep posting new links when they get taken down. So if im not around to post links, just check these guys twitter out. You will be good to watch.

https://twitter.com/olly3926

https://twitter.com/silentaio?lang=en

https://twitter.com/IncorrectCVV

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Also Periscope has constant links popping on the left up for the fight.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OwxWoAqlMQxQ?channel=sports

But quality not as good.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 10:46 PM
Fonseca being a bitch. Dude got crushed.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:11 PM
FMW getting booed in his own city entering the ring.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Fmw tagged by uppercut left by irish.

Round 1 all irish

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Round 2 all irish

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Round 3 all irish

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Irish has won the first 3 rounds. Against the greatest boxer of all time?

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:30 PM
FMW coming on, but getting tagged with counters.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:30 PM
McGregor looking dominant.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:31 PM
The 4th is a tie for me. FMW came on with combos, but got nailed by some counters by irish.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Good round. Mayweather getting tilty.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:34 PM
IRish COMPLETELY DICTATING THIS FIGHT

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Having said all that, FMW should win.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:35 PM
Fmw shoving after bell. Frustrated by irish

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Having said all that, FMW should win.

McGregor has at least ten pounds on him. That's a huge advantage. He's a much bigger man

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Damn good fight so far.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:39 PM
So i got first 4 rounds Irish. 5th a Tie. 6th FMW.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:42 PM
In the FMW rounds now. Not much longer before Irish is done.

BroncoWave
08-26-2017, 11:42 PM
So i got first 4 rounds Irish. 5th a Tie. 6th FMW.

Yeah ok.

Tned
08-26-2017, 11:46 PM
If McGregor doesn't knock him out of get a second wind, I think Mayweather is going to take this.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Irish wasnt supposed to win one round. i think he has won 4 and tied in 2.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Mayweather is hurt at begining of 9

Ref comes to help

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:50 PM
McGregor acquitted himself ok, but is now looking beat.

Tned
Mayweather is hurt at begining of 9

Ref comes to help

Not really.

ShaneFalco
Irish exhausted. FMW coming on strong. FMW wins 9.

Tned
08-26-2017, 11:53 PM
McGregor acquitted himself ok, but is now looking beat.

Yep. Just wore himself out. It was obvious by round six or so that there was no way McGregor could go 12 rounds.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:54 PM
And the ref who was paid off stops the fight.

Boxing is a complete joke

Simple Jaded
08-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Dude keeps making a career out of not losing.

Northman
08-26-2017, 11:55 PM
McGregor just had no stamina down the stretch.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:56 PM
And the ref who was paid off stops the fight.

Boxing is a complete joke

No. Irish was outmatched. Simple.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2017, 11:57 PM
No. Irish was outmatched. Simple.

Ref calls the fight, stopped Connor 4-5 times in the fight when FMW was in trouble.

Complete Sham.

Hawgdriver
08-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Dude keeps making a career out of not losing.

I was genuinely impressed by Mayweather.