PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Polumbus, Rick Lewis to join KOA’s Broncos game-day broadcasts

Buff
06-09-2017, 02:31 PM
This annoys me. Polumbus is great - and should be the color commentator instead of sideline reporter. Rick Lewis is a meat head moron whose football knowledge and insight is terribly limited. I always tuned out of his football segments because he's kind of like that half informed dad with bad takes and questions. This is Rick Lewis of "Lewis and Floorwax" fame for anyone unfamiliar.

Anyway - not that big of a deal because I watch like 99% of games on TV - but McCaffrey was great, and Lewis will be a significant downgrade.

KOA enters its 48th season as the flagship station for Broncos game broadcasts. The addition of Polumbus is part of a broader shakeup for the network on game days that started with the departure of Ed McCaffrey in late April. While Polumbus takes over for Andy Lindahl on the sidelines, Rick Lewis takes McCaffrey’s role alongside play-by-play announcer, Dave Logan, in the booth.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/tyler-polumbus-rick-lewis-koa-broncos-game-broadcasts/

GEM
06-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Kind of saw that coming with Lewis being on Logan's afternoon KOA show.

I find myself listening to the fox in the morning now over The Fan. I really just don't like Schlereth's schtick.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 03:12 PM

I find myself listening to the fox in the morning now over The Fan. I really just don't like Schlereth's schtick.

Same. I actually like Schlereth a lot as a person when he's in genuine-mode, but his act sucks rhinotwat.

MasterShake
06-09-2017, 03:55 PM

Yeah I thought we had lost that fake "attitude" when they finally shit-canned Nate Lundy. Oddly enough I think I like most of the line-up lately except for the morning show. I am one of those weirdos that likes Cecil Lammey though.

My favorite Denver Sports personalities remain Vic Lombardi and Brandon Perna from Thats Good Broncos.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah I thought we had lost that fake "attitude" when they finally shit-canned Nate Lundy. Oddly enough I think I like most of the line-up lately except for the morning show. I am one of those weirdos that likes Cecil Lammey though.

My favorite Denver Sports personalities remain Vic Lombardi and Brandon Perna from Thats Good Broncos.

Lammey has grown on me. Not that I like him, but I appreciate his place on the radio. He's too much of a know-it-all and self-aggrandizer, but he has a good energy and passion about him.

MasterShake
06-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Lammey has grown on me. Not that I like him, but I appreciate his place on the radio. He's too much of a know-it-all and self-aggrandizer, but he has a good energy and passion about him.

He's a big football dork and I like how the other hosts make fun of him. He's up his own butt sometimes but I've heard him be self defacing, too. Like, I'd like to watch a game with him because he knows enough but you could also talk crap to him. I played him in Madden a few years ago and he smoked me so I should hate him but I suck at that game. I also like how he actually responds on his Facebook page if you ask him stuff.

GEM
06-09-2017, 04:47 PM
I like Lammey too. He's at least an interesting listen.

I tune out mornings and Clough...can't stand Clough. I'd rather run my brain through a meat grinder than listen to that ********.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 05:02 PM
He's a big football dork and I like how the other hosts make fun of him. He's up his own butt sometimes but I've heard him be self defacing, too. Like, I'd like to watch a game with him because he knows enough but you could also talk crap to him. I played him in Madden a few years ago and he smoked me so I should hate him but I suck at that game. I also like how he actually responds on his Facebook page if you ask him stuff.

Just goes to show how much a passion or joy for something can overcome other flaws. Right?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2017, 06:37 PM
his act sucks rhinotwat.

That's a serious accusation Council.

MasterShake
06-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Just goes to show how much a passion or joy for something can overcome other flaws. Right?

Exactly. There is a dude I work with that I can't usually stand but we can talk about movies and games as a common ground. In meetings and stuff I hate him, but he is good for morning B.S. just like Cecil.

Also GEM is right. Clough is an insufferable piece of crap and he is a condescending asshat.

Cugel
06-09-2017, 10:17 PM
I like Lammey too. He's at least an interesting listen.

I tune out mornings and Clough...can't stand Clough. I'd rather run my brain through a meat grinder than listen to that ********.

He's just a member of the Slow.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................talkers.................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........of........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .America.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................club!..... .............................

Poet
06-10-2017, 12:37 AM
They're all terrible.

Simple Jaded
06-14-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm Rick Lewis, biatch!

I'll give Lammey credit, he's one of the few that can carry a show by himself. Much as he drives me nuts *cough*fraud*cough...xuse me... I never stop tuning in.

Clough...is a legend. Respek!

BroncoJoe
06-15-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm Rick Lewis, biatch!

I'll give Lammey credit, he's one of the few that can carry a show by himself. Much as he drives me nuts *cough*fraud*cough...xuse me... I never stop tuning in.

Clough is a dic of the highest regard.

I still listen to him though. Sometimes I want to stick a pencil in my ears, but he's entertaining. I once called the show just to piss him off!

dogfish
06-15-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm Rick Lewis, biatch!

sandy reached legendary heights of douchiness long ago. . .

Simple Jaded
06-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Clough is a dic of the highest regard.

I still listen to him though. Sometimes I want to stick a pencil in my ears, but he's entertaining. I once called the show just to piss him off!

I hate how he does so much preparation, never forgets anything and works hard to know what he's talking about.

Meanwhile, the other 99% of these guys are picking only the lowest hanging fruit for their brain dead listeners to chew on.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Jaded, is that your daughter in your avatar?

Simple Jaded
06-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Jaded, is that your daughter in your avatar?

That's one of my bitches, she has a name...I bet.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-16-2017, 12:03 AM
That's one of my bitches, she has a name...I bet.

I know her first, middle, and last name, it's eastern (sort of)

Half Yo Age

BroncoJoe
06-16-2017, 09:03 AM
I hate how he does so much preparation, never forgets anything and works hard to know what he's talking about.

Meanwhile, the other 99% of these guys are picking only the lowest hanging fruit for their brain dead listeners to chew on.

Don't misunderstand me - I love him. I hate him too.

MasterShake
06-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Don't misunderstand me - I love him. I hate him too.

Same here. I love his facts and knowledge, but his format is awful. He just sits there and talks at you, and whenever he is challenged he hangs up on people after talking over them. Good interviews, good postgame, but his overall show is just a mental drag.

GEM
06-21-2017, 12:39 PM

It's unfortunate that with all that, the only thing I remember about him is how much of a douchenozzle he comes off as. All that means nothing if I turn him off because he comes off as a pompous ass pos. :shrugs:

Buff
06-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Speaking of Sandy Clough - he would be infinitely more qualified to be the Broncos color commentator than Rick Lewis.

BeefStew25
06-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Sandy says things you don't want to hear. Most of you need that.

Simple Jaded
06-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Speaking of Sandy Clough - he would be infinitely more qualified to be the Broncos color commentator than Rick Lewis.

Wait...Lewis is replacing McCaffrey?

Hawgdriver
06-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Wait...Lewis is replacing McCaffrey?

Arent you stoked/?.

Simple Jaded
06-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Arent you stoked/?.

Wtf?

Hawgdriver
06-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Wtf?

Just rolll with it, lunch lady.

Simple Jaded
06-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Just rolll with it, lunch lady.

Was Dmac busy?

Hawgdriver
06-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Was Dmac busy?

Aren't you his secretary?

Simple Jaded
06-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Aren't you his secretary?

He's my **** holster.

Hawgdriver
06-22-2017, 09:55 PM
He's my **** holster.

Just as you are mine. Respek.

Simple Jaded
06-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Just as you are mine. Respek.

Wicked burn.

I hate you.

Buff
09-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Did anyone listen to the radio broadcast? Wondering how Lewis did.