PDA

View Full Version : How the 'No-Fly Zone' took flight

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2017, 08:03 PM
You know the “No-Fly Zone.”

You know Chris Harris Jr., Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, Darian Stewart and Bradley Roby.

You know their claim to fame: the top-ranked passing defense, two years straight.

But do you know where they got the name that followed them to a Super Bowl 50 victory and praise across the country?

Because the “No-Fly Zone” wouldn’t exist as it does today without Leah Harris.

Leah, Chris’ wife, devised the name -- and the plan that followed -- out of necessity

arris tore his ACL during the divisional round in January 2014, and the former undrafted player seemed to be at a crossroads.

“Chris had to get his surgery the week after [Super Bowl XLVIII] and he was just really worried about his career,” Leah Harris says. “He was really worried if he was going to be healthy again, he was really worried if he was going to sign a big contract.”

His play was strong and consistent, but he didn’t get the recognition he or Leah thought he deserved.

And so, Leah put her skills to use. The business marketing major at the University of Kansas had previously worked for the Huhtamaki Group, where she ran the marketing department and had a product line.

rest - long, but interesting - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/How-the-No-Fly-Zone-took-flight/285b8de3-c709-4f87-9b44-3f106a5f6606

Hawgdriver
06-08-2017, 10:28 PM
One of my favorite moments from last year was when Talib made known his displeasure for the cheap shot on Chris Harris, Jr.

Poet
06-08-2017, 10:30 PM
One of my favorite moments from last year was when Talib made known his displeasure for the cheap shot on Chris Harris, Jr.

He fears nothing.

Cugel
06-09-2017, 10:28 PM
He fears nothing.

The man is a little bit touched in the head. You need guys like that on your team who are about borderline crazy on the field because they sort of put fear into opponents. You don't know just what a guy like that will do. He's a bit nuts! He might just grab your helmet and throw you out of bounds by your facemask and take the 15 yard penalty. But, as crude as it was, it also sent a message. That message was that the defense was dominant.

It's a sort of act of assertiveness. The offense just made a big play and the defender does something that completely throws off their concentration. They're so mad about the incident they don't play well the rest of the game, and the Broncos win. Players shouldn't do that, but Talib just skates that fine line between what you can and cannot do.

Hawgdriver
06-10-2017, 12:52 AM
The man is a little bit touched in the head. You need guys like that on your team who are about borderline crazy on the field because they sort of put fear into opponents. You don't know just what a guy like that will do. He's a bit nuts! He might just grab your helmet and throw you out of bounds by your facemask and take the 15 yard penalty. But, as crude as it was, it also sent a message. That message was that the defense was dominant.

It's a sort of act of assertiveness. The offense just made a big play and the defender does something that completely throws off their concentration. They're so mad about the incident they don't play well the rest of the game, and the Broncos win. Players shouldn't do that, but Talib just skates that fine line between what you can and cannot do.

good post.

Timmy!
06-10-2017, 01:15 AM

When he ripped off Crabtree's douche chain the last home game, even though the game didn't matter, he became an all time Bronco for me.

Jsteve01
06-10-2017, 03:00 AM

When he ripped off Crabtree's douche chain the last home game, even though the game didn't matter, he became an all time Bronco for me. you know after the eye poking incident on figured his time with the Broncos was limited. You need players on a team Team with that edge that you need on a really really good defense. His play continues at this level I don't know how you don't let him play out the contract

DT88TheGreat
06-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Talib doesn't appear to be slowing down at all, the dude is a beast wnd the ripping off Crabtree chain put him in the Broncos ring of fame alone.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Trying to extend Ward gives me hope that the Broncos wanna keep this intact as long as possible.