PDA

View Full Version : Decker?

WARHORSE
06-06-2017, 09:57 PM
He knows the offense, we have plenty of cap room. Dont trade for him, but sign him to a decent short term contract. Great role model, excellent receiver, awesome lockeroom veteran.

Do it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/report-jets-to-trade-or-release-eric-decker/

chazoe60
06-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Would love to see Decker on this team.

DenBronx
06-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Who would play slot? Him or Sanders? I would love that trio though. DT, Decker AND Sanders?? Yeah that would be scary.

Simple Jaded
06-06-2017, 11:08 PM
...is a WR, his wife is hot.

DenBronx
06-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Her sister ain't bad either.

underrated29
06-06-2017, 11:12 PM
No we have Henderson, latimer and Mckenzie, all whom will make the roster and all whom will cost less combined than decker.

I bet he becomes a cardinal or pat

Simple Jaded
06-06-2017, 11:19 PM
No we have Henderson, latimer and Mckenzie, all whom will make the roster and all whom will cost less combined than decker.

The whiteboy mothership will call him home. He's white and played for a division rival...the P*triots will be all over it.

Magnificent Seven
06-07-2017, 12:47 AM
Maclin or Decker?

Simple Jaded
06-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Maclin or Decker?

Maclin over Decker. Let's be honest though, Decker would instantly be the 3rd best option in Denver.

DenBronx
06-07-2017, 01:42 AM
Maclin or Decker?

Maclin over Decker. Let's be honest though, Decker would instantly be the 3rd best option in Denver.

I see Decker making bigger plays then Maclin plus gives you an option as a return man too. Also, I like seeing ex Bronco players come back home.

Problem is McKenzie has the return duties on lock barring injury. Maybe both punt and kick. Henderson won't beat him out either.

Northman
06-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Lol Maclin. Dude cant even stay on the field. Good grief.

Poet
06-07-2017, 02:49 AM

It's a shame because he's a really good dude and was pretty damn good. Just bad luck got him. I remember he was in the same draft class as Michael Crabtree. A lot of people had Crabtree pegged as the better WR, and while he is playing well now, much of his time in San Fran was pretty damn underwhelming. Made me appreciate Maclin that much more.

WARHORSE
06-07-2017, 02:53 AM
Decker all day. Still got it if John can get him to sign.

DenBronx
06-07-2017, 04:27 AM
Could see the Pats picking up Decker.

Shazam!
06-07-2017, 06:18 AM
So, Mr. Decker, how did it go for you leaving Denver and Peyton Manning for the NY Jets again?

MasterShake
06-07-2017, 07:57 AM
So, Mr. Decker, how did it go for you leaving Denver and Peyton Manning for the NY Jets again?

To be fair he didn't have much of a choice. The Broncos never offered him a contract extension from what I remember.

VonDoom
06-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Maclin or Decker?

Decker for me, definitely. He's been a (good) Bronco before, and he should know this playbook. I'm not all that impressed with Maclin in general.

VonDoom
06-07-2017, 08:27 AM

How many WR are we keeping, six? DT, Sanders, Henderson, McKenzie are locks. Some combination of Latimer, Fowler, Brown and Taylor will make the roster. Though Decker is clearly an upgrade on any of those. I wonder what his price will be.

And please, let's hope he doesn't go to NE.

VonDoom
06-07-2017, 08:28 AM
To be fair he didn't have much of a choice. The Broncos never offered him a contract extension from what I remember.

Yeah, I think that's right. I have no ill will towards Decker at all. We let him go and he got himself a big contract somewhere else. Good for him.

Jsteve01
06-07-2017, 08:35 AM
It's a shame because he's a really good dude and was pretty damn good. Just bad luck got him. I remember he was in the same draft class as Michael Crabtree. A lot of people had Crabtree pegged as the better WR, and while he is playing well now, much of his time in San Fran was pretty damn underwhelming. Made me appreciate Maclin that much more. oh yeah the draft where we could have drafted Orakpo and McCoy. The best story was when I believe the Redskins offered us a pick to move up one slot and McDaniels was like. Nope we're cool

BroncoJoe
06-07-2017, 09:00 AM
How many WR are we keeping, six? DT, Sanders, Henderson, McKenzie are locks. Some combination of Latimer, Fowler, Brown and Taylor will make the roster. Though Decker is clearly an upgrade on any of those. I wonder what his price will be.

And please, let's hope he doesn't go to NE.

Don't know why, but I like Taylor a lot. He had several big plays last year with limited action. He seems to catch everything thrown his way. IMO, he's a young version of Decker and Eddy McCaffrey.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2017, 09:11 AM
If Denver is smart they would put him through a rigorous workout before considering a contract offer it to him. He was pretty banged up last year.

broncofaninfla
06-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Decker will want starter $ and with what we already have I don't see that happening. Not really a need at this time. I could see the Ravens, Bills and Redskins making a run at him.

BeefStew25
06-07-2017, 11:44 AM

Elway never offered him a deal. Cmon. Grow up.

GEM
06-07-2017, 12:28 PM

Latimer...let that slouch go!

BroncoJoe
06-07-2017, 12:29 PM

Dave is not going to take kindly to this.

GEM
06-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Dave is not going to take kindly to this.

Give me choice of Latimer vs. Decker, Decker all day, everyday and twice on Tuesdays

weazel
06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
would be cool but not really needed and he isn't cheap

Valar Morghulis
06-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Would be cool if my wife's Decker jersey was relevant again!!

weazel
06-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Would be cool if my wife's Decker jersey was relevant again!!

I wonder if that will work with my Steve Watson orJavon Walker jerseys

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Give me choice of Latimer vs. Decker, Decker all day, everyday and twice on Tuesdays

Gem, we know what your motives are.

GEM
06-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Gem, we know what your motives are.

:drool: :heh: All day, everyday...

Poet
06-07-2017, 01:50 PM

He played really well and got a big contract that he earned.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2017, 02:04 PM
He played really well and got a big contract that he earned.

This might rub people the wrong way, but I'd take $20 million over $3 million and a super bowl ring any day

Poet
06-07-2017, 02:07 PM
This might rub people the wrong way, but I'd take $20 million over $3 million and a super bowl ring any day

Knowing that I secured the future of my family for generations to come is pretty damn important. Especially since guys like Decker don't tend to get too many chances at a large deal.

He's not going to get paid a big deal again, unless it's a string of one year signings.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Knowing that I secured the future of my family for generations to come is pretty damn important. Especially since guys like Decker don't tend to get too many chances at a large deal.

He's not going to get paid a big deal again, unless it's a string of one year signings.

He'll be fortunate to make another $5 million. He was also a 3rd round pick, so he might have had a comfortable lifestyle in Denver, but as you suggested changing the financial dynamic of his family for future generations is a big deal. Sometimes fans take the team allegiance and desire to win a little too far in their expectations.

We are the same fans who would move to another city at the drop of a hat (or swish of a pen) for doubled income, not to mention multiplied 10 fold

NightTerror218
06-07-2017, 06:50 PM
He is instant upgrade at WR. Lets sanders move around into slot more and get miss matches like Antonio Brown. But it wont happen. He will cost tok much as a bottom tier WR1/WR2

DT88TheGreat
06-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Hell no to Decker. We are set at WR.

Freyaka
06-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Who would play slot? Him or Sanders? I would love that trio though. DT, Decker AND Sanders?? Yeah that would be scary.

I actually would say Sander's. He's not a bad WR when lining up in the slot. That would give us two big scoring threats outside and Sanders inside.

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
So what was the point in drafting Henderson? If we bring in a Decker whose likely washed up soon. Henderson has way more potential than Decker so I wouldn't want to stunt his development, besides decker cannot play special teams. Henderson, McKenzie and latimer all do multiple things. Vs decker who just does one thing.

NightTerror218
06-08-2017, 05:51 PM
So what was the point in drafting Henderson? If we bring in a Decker whose likely washed up soon. Henderson has way more potential than Decker so I wouldn't want to stunt his development, besides decker cannot play special teams. Henderson, McKenzie and latimer all do multiple things. Vs decker who just does one thing.

Our rookies are unproven and lattimore sucks. Decker is proven and same age as DT. So DT is almost washed up?

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Our rookies are unproven and lattimore sucks. Decker is proven and same age as DT. So DT is almost washed up?

Decker doesn't have the ability DT has, even if DT loses a step he's still a 4.4 guy. Where as decker ends up a 4.7 guy who doesn't have any athleticism. He doesn't make anybody moss, he doesn't break tackles, he can't play special teams.

Everyone is unproven until they prove themselves by actually playing. Why would the jets dump decker over 6 million? After giving away Marshall as well.

Northman
06-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Everyone is unproven until they prove themselves by actually playing. Why would the jets dump decker over 6 million? After giving away Marshall as well.

Because they are stupid?

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Because they are stupid?

Maybe so but not that stupid to dump there number one and two WR's in one off season unless there's a reason. Marshall will be fine, Decker not so much. Guy like Decker can't afford to lose a step since he does nothing but run decent routes, once guy's can out accelerate him in and out of those breaks it's a wrap for a guy like Decker, and again he doesn't play special team's.

Northman
06-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Maybe so but not that stupid to dump there number one and two WR's in one off season unless there's a reason. Marshall will be fine, Decker not so much. Guy like Decker can't afford to lose a step since he does nothing but run decent routes, once guy's can out accelerate him in and out of those breaks it's a wrap for a guy like Decker, and again he doesn't play special team's.

Decker will be fine as well, he has continued to put up numbers despite poor QB play. He's a good #2 or 3 for any team.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2017, 07:33 PM
The Ravens’ Thursday visit with Jeremy Maclin didn’t result in a deal, but he’s not the only veteran receiver who could fill out the team’s depth chart.

The Jets are trying to trade Eric Decker and Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports that the Ravens are one of the teams they have spoken to about a potential deal.

Decker would make sense for a Ravens team looking to add an experienced hand after losing Steve Smith to retirement and tight end Dennis Pitta to another hip injury. Decker was slowed by injuries last season, but scored 17 touchdowns in his first two seasons with the Jets and caught at least 74 passes in every season from 2012-2015.

If the Jets aren’t able to trade Decker, they are expected to release him so the Ravens may not have to give up any compensation to bring him to Baltimore. They’d run the risk of Decker signing with another club under that scenario, though, and a late-round pick might be worth it to give Joe Flacco another option for his passes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/report-jets-have-spoken-to-ravens-about-eric-decker-trade/

Valar Morghulis
06-08-2017, 10:35 PM
I know it's a minor point but he was a good return man when asked, had safe hand and could contribute to special teams.

I loved Decker, would be great to see him here again, but I don't necessarily think I would be the right move, financially or developmentally for our young players, I just wanted to contest the assertion he never played special teams

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2017, 10:40 PM
I know it's a minor point but he was a good return man when asked, had safe hand and could contribute to special teams.

I loved Decker, would be great to see him here again, but I don't necessarily think I would be the right move, financially or developmentally for our young players, I just wanted to contest the assertion he never played special teams

Decker is a good football player and was a fine Bronco. He would be ok losing a step because he's big, strong, and an exceptional route runner.

Can't.help.myself.

#turfmonster

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Decker will be fine as well, he has continued to put up numbers despite poor QB play. He's a good #2 or 3 for any team.

If we wasn't loaded at WR then maybe, but Decker isn't going to play for pennies. He will be too expensive for a #3 and I doubt he has any plans of playing special team's coverage. McKenzie and Henderson are likely to be better than him returning kicks and punts so I just don't see how he fits.

Northman
06-09-2017, 05:18 AM
If we wasn't loaded at WR then maybe, but Decker isn't going to play for pennies. He will be too expensive for a #3 and I doubt he has any plans of playing special team's coverage. McKenzie and Henderson are likely to be better than him returning kicks and punts so I just don't see how he fits.

Well, he may not fit and personally i would like to see more of Taylor as i think he can be a big contributor for the Broncos. I dont even know if Denver is looking but i was just pointing out that Decker is still playing at a good level even after he left Denver. As far as the rookies are concerned, its too early to tell of whether or not they will be an impact. We heard a lot of similar things about Latimer and that didnt turn out so well. Hopefully Henderson pays big dividends especially in the return game because the Broncos sorely need it.

Buff
06-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Who needs Decker when we have Cody Latimer?

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2017, 12:27 PM

ex-*******-actly

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 03:31 PM

I know I've been a huge critic of our country-western WR .. option?

But I really have this feeling, this will be his big year.

underrated29
06-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I know I've been a huge critic of our country-western WR .. option?

But I really have this feeling, this will be his big year.

The offense will finally feature 3 wr, sometimes 4. I dont expect him to beat out henderson, but I bet he does well. This is a system he should do well in. I am hopeful.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 03:49 PM
The offense will finally feature 3 wr, sometimes 4. I dont expect him to beat out henderson, but I bet he does well. This is a system he should do well in. I am hopeful.

It's not like he's a headcase. And he's proven his athleticism. It's like Virgil Green, but even weirder.

Jsteve01
06-09-2017, 05:22 PM
It's not like he's a headcase. And he's proven his athleticism. It's like Virgil Green, but even weirder.

excellent analogy. He's had so many good camps. Remember after his rookie camp everyone was certain he had a great future ahead of him. I do remember he was a basketball player and some questioned whether he loved football. Could that be the problem? Good athlete, hard worker but just doesn't really love the game? I just don't get it.

underrated29
06-09-2017, 05:36 PM
excellent analogy. He's had so many good camps. Remember after his rookie camp everyone was certain he had a great future ahead of him. I do remember he was a basketball player and some questioned whether he loved football. Could that be the problem? Good athlete, hard worker but just doesn't really love the game? I just don't get it.

Here is what I liek about Latimer and why I think he still has a place.
He has great size and speed.
He catches extremely well. Terrific hands! Really good.
He is a beast when blocking! Better than DT or Decker. On a lot of our big runs the last couple years, Cody has been the one out there to seal the deal to allow CJ or whomever get the edge or the hole. That imo is equivalent to a 40 yard pass. He owns as a blocker.
Dude makes a good gunner on ST too

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2017, 06:23 PM

I vividly remember him short-arming a would be touchdown in the preseason last year. That was a red flag to me.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2017, 06:26 PM
I vividly remember him short-arming a would be touchdown in the preseason last year. That was a red flag to me.

short-arming?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2017, 06:35 PM

short-arming?

He heard steps and pulled his arms back in, took his eyes off the ball and shifted them to the defensive back. He didn't even make an attempt to get a finger on a very catchable ball.

Should I have said he had a case of alligator arms? 😜

Simple Jaded
06-09-2017, 11:25 PM

Decker has missed 13 games the last two seasons.

Simple Jaded
06-09-2017, 11:32 PM
On second thought, no thanks Decker.

Northman
06-10-2017, 05:08 AM
Decker has missed 13 games the last two seasons.

Yes, Decker missed a lot of time last season. Only 3 games in the year before. He is still better than Maclin but again, i doubt Denver is even looking at this point.

DenBronx
06-10-2017, 07:26 AM
I doubt Denver is even considering signing a WR that doesn't come at a bargain. If Decker wants to be here he will have to take a huge pay cut and have his agent call us. I doubt we are reaching out to him at all.

DT88TheGreat
06-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Screw Decker, we have our great white hope in Taylor who is a good 5th 6th option who can also play special teams, that's why I still respect Cody.... Dudes a baller on special team's coverage and he's the best blocking WR on our team. DT,Sanders,Henderson,McKenzie,Cody,Taylor should be the 6 we keep.

DT88TheGreat
06-10-2017, 08:39 AM
He is a beast when blocking! Better than DT or Decker. On a lot of our big runs the last couple years, Cody has been the one out there to seal the deal to allow CJ or whomever get the edge or the hole. That imo is equivalent to a 40 yard pass. He owns as a blocker.

This is true, Cody is versatile as hell, an we love guys who can do multiple thing's. Cody will make the team, I just hope he gives us a little more catching passes in these 4 WR set's to go with his obvious run blocking and special team's coverage.

DT88TheGreat
06-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Wouldn't be the first time somebody felt the huge blow coming and said **** it. Why would you sell out and risk injury for a pre season game anyways?

chazoe60
06-10-2017, 08:43 AM
It'd be nice to see Decker catching some passes from our starting QB Trevor Siemian.

DT88TheGreat
06-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Cody is hardly a slouch if you pay attention to his run blocking and his great special team coverage.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Wouldn't be the first time somebody felt the huge blow coming and said **** it. Why would you sell out and risk injury for a pre season game anyways?

Uh, because you're a fringe player trying to prove you belong on the field?He didn't just short arm it. He made no attempt to even get a hand on a very catchable ball.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Uh, because you're a fringe player trying to prove you belong on the field?He didn't just short arm it. He made no attempt to even get a hand on a very catchable ball.

like DT in the regular season then.... :couch:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2017, 11:25 AM
like DT in the regular season then.... :couch:

You're comparing Snooky's acting ability to Hillary Swank.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 11:27 AM
You're comparing Snooky's acting ability to Hillary Swank.

Who is who in your analogy

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Who is who in your analogy

Don't be coy.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 03:46 PM

I can remember a screen pass to Booker, the OL had just taken a penalty to take the Broncos out of FG range before Latimer blocked two different defenders to escort Booker to a TD. This was the last game of the season when everyone on the offense actually looked like professionals.

Latimer has actually played well when given a chance, which wasn't often enough. Unlike Fowler, who may have given the Broncos PO chances final kick in the nuts with a dropped go ahead TD vs Titans with 5:00 to go.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I can remember a screen pass to Booker, the OL had just taken a penalty to take the Broncos out of FG range before Latimer blocked two different defenders to escort Booker to a TD. This was the last game of the season when everyone on the offense actually looked like professionals. Latimer has actually played well when given a chance, which wasn't often enough. Unlike Fowler, who may have given the Broncos PO chances final kick in the nuts with a dropped go ahead TD vs Titans with 5:00 to go.

Jaded, why do you speak so much sense?

Are you Yoda?

If I come back to Denver will you play chess with me on 16st mall and teach me your wisdom? Then go nail some hookers?

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Jaded, why do you speak so much sense?

Are you Yoda?

If I come back to Denver will you play chess with me on 16st mall and teach me your wisdom? Then go nail some hookers?

I'm Yoda's master, and I love hookers.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm Yoda's master, and I love hookers.

sounds like we have a date on the mall

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 07:39 PM
sounds like we have a date on the mall

Let's make it a potluck, I'll bring the chips and you bring the dip and booze.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Let's make it a potluck, I'll bring the chips and you bring the dip and booze.

roger - but before i commit to this - can we tie down who is bringing the coke and first round of hookers?

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 07:47 PM
roger - but before i commit to this - can we tie down who is bringing the coke and first round of hookers?

We'll make Mexico pay for it.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2017, 07:49 PM

and our world will be great again

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Well, technically they would be providing it for free in that scenario. They wouldn't pay for it twice.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Well, technically they would be providing it for free in that scenario. They wouldn't pay for it twice.

As long as me and Dave are knee deep in Coke, hookers and chess for free.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2017, 10:19 PM
As long as me and Dave are knee deep in Coke, hookers and chess for free.

In no particular order...

Quit moving the pieces to snort lines Dave, jeesh!

sneakers
06-13-2017, 05:40 AM
If the Jets let you go, there has to be something wrong....right?

Freyaka
06-13-2017, 07:04 AM
If the Jets let you go, there has to be something wrong....right?

The Jets let Brandon Marshall and a lot of other good players go this year. The "something wrong" is that the Jets suck and are in rebuilding mode.

tripp
06-13-2017, 12:08 PM
I'd love to see Decker back, but it's going to come at a cost money wise which I'm not sure we have.. and two, I'd love to see what Henderson can do given the opportunity. And what the hell is Latimer doing? I know he's a fantastic ST guy, but is he going to turn into a proper receiver at some point, or are we just going to keep this experiment going for a couple more years..

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Broncos notes: No interest in FAs Eric Decker, Gary Barnidge, Kyle Peko breaks bone in foot, OL position swap, more

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/13/broncos-no-interest-in-eric-decker-gary-barnidge/

FanInAZ
06-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Broncos notes: No interest in FAs Eric Decker, Gary Barnidge, Kyle Peko breaks bone in foot, OL position swap, more

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/13/broncos-no-interest-in-eric-decker-gary-barnidge/

I guess that puts an end to this thread, unless someone once to highjack it into another topic :D