PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris named Denver Athletic Club athlete of the year

VonDoom
05-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Broncos cornerback Chris Harris will be honored by the Denver Athletic Club on Wednesday as its 2017 athlete of the year, joining a list of previous awardees that includes Von Miller (2012), Champ Bailey (2010), Rod Smith (2002), Terrell Davis (1997) and John Elway (1987), among other Bronco greats.

Harris, a first-team all-pro in 2016 and three-time Pro Bowl selection, has made the leap from undrafted free agent to leader of the Broncos’ elite secondary and league-leading pass defense. Last season, the Broncos improved on their NFL-best 199.6 passing yards allowed per game in 2015, their Super Bowl-winning season, to yield only 185.8 per game.

Signed by the Broncos out of Kansas in 2011, Harris is one of only five undrafted corners in pro football history to earn at least three pro Bowl selections with his original team. Last year he and Aqib Talib became just the second cornerback duo in NFL history to earn three straight Pro Bowl nods. The two are also on a shortlist of only five corners with multiple interceptions in each of the last five seasons.

Part of the proceeds from Wednesday’s banquet and the silent auction will benefit Impact360, a year-round support program for Denver’s underserved students, and the Chris Harris Jr. Foundation.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/30/broncos-chris-harris-denver-athletic-club-athlete-of-year/

Buff
05-31-2017, 01:16 PM
He beat out Don, who has won the Denver Athletic Club racquetball league for the past three years.

Hawgdriver
05-31-2017, 07:13 PM
He beat out Don, who has won the Denver Athletic Club racquetball league for the past three years.

Don ain't nothing to **** with, yo. I member one time Don smoked me with 15 aces in a row. I was like, wuuuuuuuuuuuuut??

I'd like to hear the argument from a stathead that CH Jr. is actually better than Talib. There's an argument there somewhere. League #1 and #2 in our defensive backfield.

So blessed!

#hashtagsbykinger

Simple Jaded
05-31-2017, 07:15 PM
I hope they have something planned for how long it'll take him to get to the podium to receive his award. Maybe just put him in front row.