PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Sloter is #1

Pages : [1] 2

WARHORSE
05-25-2017, 02:40 PM
OK. So slap me around for starting the thread.

But before you do, name me ONE mention of Austin Davis last year other than his signing.

Im waiting. :coffee:

Since when do we hear about a 3rd string QB ever during the offseason? And this year, especially when all the talk predraft was about Trevor and Paxton?

Check out the press Sloter is getting:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Takeaways-from-the-Broncos-first-OTA-Paxton-Lynch-and-Trevor-Siemians-performances-and-more/98cc2dab-2061-46c0-8d43-24559a448497

and

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-OTA-Day-2-takeaways/35f1898b-2ed4-4dbd-b6bb-ada3ecd4d131

Talked about Trevor completing 6 passes straight......then way at the bottom.....Sloter had nine consecutive completions.

Im not going to annoint him the savior, but I will say as soon as I saw his tape from UNC, he stood out. Calm in the pocket, quick with the rocket, and his passes were ripping off huge chunks of yardage. Very few short completions. His tape, while scarce, made Paxton look like a highschooler.

And now......here we are in the first few days of OTAs, and hes getting mentioned almost as much as Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Im pro Siemian, pro Lynch and pro Kelly. Im hoping for all the QBs to be stellar.

But nothing would fire me up more than an undrafted kid to come in and prove he deserves the job.

So Id just like to post all things Kyle Sloter here....

His number is #1.

Cheezy. :D

Cugel
05-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Who the **** is Kyle Slaughter? UNC? I.e. Northern Colo? Guy wasn't even drafted. Training camp arm and no more. Just because Trevor got the starting job when Mark Sanchez flammed out doesn't mean that he will keep it long term or that some other scrub will do the same thing.

Krugan
05-25-2017, 04:50 PM
I like this kid.

Watched a few games he played in. Has great touch, can read a defense and honestly his arm looks about as good as anything we have on this team if not better.

Not trying to start anything cugel, but does it always have to be about draft position or lack there of? Im not saying the kids going to amount to anything, but why not....

WARHORSE
05-25-2017, 05:42 PM
Who the **** is Kyle Slaughter? UNC? I.e. Northern Colo? Guy wasn't even drafted. Training camp arm and no more. Just because Trevor got the starting job when Mark Sanchez flammed out doesn't mean that he will keep it long term or that some other scrub will do the same thing.

Yep. I agree. Doesnt mean jack.

But I said what I said and we're talking about him aint we?

;)

Will keep up with his progress......

Btw......if hes a Bronco....then he got every bit of my support coming at him, no matter his draft spot.

See: Rod Smith. Chris Harris.

Hawgdriver
05-25-2017, 05:54 PM

;)

Btw......if hes a Bronco....then he got every bit of my support coming at him, no matter his draft spot.

Hell yeah, Wardaddy!

Every year the Broncos get a few guys out of UDFA that are difference makers, and one of them tends to be a roster mainstay. Sloter was so ignored by scouts (understandably) that his ceiling and abilities are just now being fully explored. He's got grit. Maybe he'll stick in the NFL!

DT88TheGreat
05-25-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't think sloter had any chance....

WARHORSE
05-25-2017, 10:28 PM
I don't think sloter had any chance....

Hard to understand what yer sayin there padre.

FanInAZ
05-25-2017, 10:32 PM

;)

What so many fans fail to fully understand is that drafting is educated guessing, and the experts might actually guess wrong more often then they guess right. I've not hard data to support this, it's just my gut feeling from so many years watching so many players perform at levels completely different in the pros then they were expected to prior to their draft class.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Sloter might have the best arm of all 4 QB 's, which is no small thing.

DT88TheGreat
05-25-2017, 11:14 PM
Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.

Hawgdriver
05-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.

What an oracle you are! Sophocles says 'sup, DT88theGreat!'

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Paxton owns a first round pick?

Dzone
05-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Hell yes. Greality is the bomb! Go Bears!

WARHORSE
05-26-2017, 04:48 AM
Sloter might have the best arm of all 4 QB 's, which is no small thing.

Yep. I believe he may. I would be interested to see all four line up and just chuck it long.

He throws with a very stable base, and the ball is firing smoothly out of his hands. He has an arm to dream for.

Both Kelly and Lynch have howitzers too, and Trevs arm is no slingshot.

Rick
05-26-2017, 11:54 AM

It ASBSOLUTELY is possible for a guy with huge arm strength to go unnoticed.

Teams may over look them because of talent they played with, against, they may say they are not developed between the ears enough, etc, but strength of arm...I am sure there are plenty of rocket armed guys that never get drafted.

DT88TheGreat
05-26-2017, 12:00 PM
I said arm talent. Not just a guy who can throw it 65 yards.

Rick
05-26-2017, 12:03 PM
I guess you need to define arm talent then.

Tony Romo was undrafted, but we are going to have to have a definition of arm talent is to YOU.

Cugel
05-26-2017, 02:25 PM
I like this kid.

Watched a few games he played in. Has great touch, can read a defense and honestly his arm looks about as good as anything we have on this team if not better.

Not trying to start anything cugel, but does it always have to be about draft position or lack there of? Im not saying the kids going to amount to anything, but why not....

The NFL is ALL about draft position. I don't make the rules, I merely observe them.

It's not really the fact that a player was drafted in the first round, it's the REASONS WHY he was drafted in the first round - or not drafted at all.

Paxton Lynch was a first rounder because scouts could see his arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Unfortunately nobody can tell for sure what will happen when that player is in the NFL. Some players pan out and others (like Johnny Manziel) never figure it out. Likewise some later round picks might eventually become really good QBs (Tom Brady, 6th round, or Kurt Warner undrafted are the best examples).

But, these are extraordinary exceptions - like 2 players in a decade and a half, while over 100 undrafted players are signed onto NFL rosters - for training camp and then they are released or go on the practice squad. So, the probability that some undrafted QB is going to suddenly blossom into the next Tony Romo is remote. Very remote.

So remote in fact that NFL teams don't really think it will happen with anybody they draft or sign. Is Chad Kelly worth the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick? Sure! The guy has some off field issues and some developmental problems, but the talent is undeniable. He has consensus 1st or 2nd round talent - if there weren't all these other issues with the guy.

But, do the Broncos really expect Chad Kelly will become their Franchise QB? No. It's barely possible and it didn't cost them anything much, and it's worth the risk. So, we'll see. The same is true of undrafted QBs, only more so.

BroncoJoe
05-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Yeah - I'm sure the SB winner is really vying for a better draft pick than #32.

It's not about draft position, if anything it's about moving around the board to get the player you've targeted. That could be an upward or downward move.

Krugan
05-26-2017, 02:34 PM
The NFL is ALL about draft position. I don't make the rules, I merely observe them.

It's not really the fact that a player was drafted in the first round, it's the REASONS WHY he was drafted in the first round - or not drafted at all.

Paxton Lynch was a first rounder because scouts could see his arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Unfortunately nobody can tell for sure what will happen when that player is in the NFL. Some players pan out and others (like Johnny Manziel) never figure it out. Likewise some later round picks might eventually become really good QBs (Tom Brady, 6th round, or Kurt Warner undrafted are the best examples).

But, these are extraordinary exceptions - like 2 players in a decade and a half, while over 100 undrafted players are signed onto NFL rosters - for training camp and then they are released or go on the practice squad. So, the probability that some undrafted QB is going to suddenly blossom into the next Tony Romo is remote. Very remote.

So remote in fact that NFL teams don't really think it will happen with anybody they draft or sign. Is Chad Kelly worth the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick? Sure! The guy has some off field issues and some developmental problems, but the talent is undeniable. He has consensus 1st or 2nd round talent - if there weren't all these other issues with the guy.

But, do the Broncos really expect Chad Kelly will become their Franchise QB? No. It's barely possible and it didn't cost them anything much, and it's worth the risk. So, we'll see. The same is true of undrafted QBs, only more so.

To much emphasis on draft position, all the time, gets overused! It doesnt matter, either you can play or you cant. The kid passes the eye test, and his arm is impressive along with his ability to read a defense. Being he was asked to switch to wr must speak something. We shall see, im just not going to label the kid "camp fodder" because of his draft status....

BroncoJoe
05-26-2017, 02:39 PM
To much emphasis on draft position, all the time, gets overused! It doesnt matter, either you can play or you cant. The kid passes the eye test, and his arm is impressive along with his ability to read a defense. Being he was asked to switch to wr must speak something. We shall see, im just not going to label the kid "camp fodder" because of his draft status....

The Broncos have had plenty of undrafted stars. Or, at minimum players that turned into very good players drafted in the lower rounds.

Cugel is talking out of his ass.

WARHORSE
05-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Pretty much......but its entertaining in an annoying kinda way.

WARHORSE
05-26-2017, 02:55 PM

Dude, dont try to pee in my coffee.... I WILL call Beef.

Nobody is disputing the fact that most good players are drafted.

That doesnt mean we dont have a real player in Sloter, and the initial post doesnt say we have a bonafide star.

All it says, is that people are talking about him....and hes a third string QB. "Camp arm" as you say.

If you've watched the tape of him and you understand what you're looking at from a purely potential point of view....you'd know that if hes coming in here and completing 9 straight passes in OTAs, hes being noticed.
Not arrived......noticed.

I looked at the tape, and I loved what I saw. Sure, its a highlight reel...but Ive seen lots of highlight reels and they dont usually show what you get with Sloter.

As I stated....deep outs and seam passes en masse.

Valar Morghulis
05-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Is Sloter pronouned ....Slow-ter or Slaughter?

Freyaka
05-26-2017, 03:54 PM

No, no one can possible be better than your precious paxton could they...jeeeeze. When are you getting banned again Yash?

Cugel
05-26-2017, 04:00 PM
The Broncos have had plenty of undrafted stars. Or, at minimum players that turned into very good players drafted in the lower rounds.

No, BroncoJoe is talking out of his ass as usual. The History of the NFL is THIS:

#1 - In the last 30 years only Tom Brady and Kurt Warner have played in a SB after being QBs drafted in the 6th or later rounds or undrafted. That's a FACT.

#2 - QB is different from other positions. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they are always overdrafted. Despite the fact that none of the QBs in this year's draft were consensus future Franchise QBs (all had questionable areas in the view of some NFL scouts), teams still drafted up and gave up BIG draft capital to get Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. THere are NO examples of All-Pro QBs who went undrafted playing in the NFL today.

None whatever. Yet there are lots of guys like Chris Harris who was undrafted and now is an ALL-PRO CB. QB is different. If you have talent they will draft you. Usually in the first or second round. That's where virtually all of present NFL QBs were drafted.

Here's the list of presumptive NFL starting QBs for other teams:

Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer USC 2003 (pick #1)
Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Boston College 2008 (pick #3)
Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Delaware 2008 (pick #18)
Buffalo Bills EJ Manuel Florida State 2013 (pick #16)
Carolina Panthers Cam Newton Auburn 2011 (pick #1)
Chicago Bears Matt Barkley USC 2013 (4th round pick #98) - But he's not really their long term starter
Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton TCU 2011 (2nd round pick #35)
Cleveland Browns RGIII Baylor 2012 (pick #2) or Brock Osweiler, 2012 2nd round pick #56
Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott Mississippi State 2016 (4th round pick 135) - that's the "late round" pick that has all the NFL teams excited.
Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford Georgia 2009 (#1 overall pick)
Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers California 2005 (pick #24)
Houston Texans Patrick Mahomes, pick #10
Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck Stanford 2012 (pick #1)
Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles UCF 2014 (pick #3)
Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith Utah 2005 (pick #1)
Los Angeles Rams Jared Goff California 2016 (pick #1)
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill T A&M 2012 (pick #8)
Minnesota Vikings Sam Bradford Oklahoma 2010 (pick #1)
New England Patriots Tom Brady Michigan 2000 (6th round pick #199)
New Orleans Saints Drew Brees Purdue 2001 (pick #32)
New York Giants Eli Manning Ole Miss 2004 (pick #1)

I could go on and on, but even an IDIOT should be able to get the point by now. They're virtually ALL 1st rounders! A couple of notable exceptions, but mostly teams draft their franchise QBs in the first round. Undrafted? Where do you see any undrafted QBs who are franchise QBs for their teams, let alone any good ones?

Do try and wipe your chin before you post next time so the drool won't slobber the keyboard !

Freyaka
05-26-2017, 04:19 PM
No, BroncoJoe is talking out of his ass as usual. The History of the NFL is THIS:

#1 - In the last 30 years only Tom Brady and Kurt Warner have played in a SB after being QBs drafted in the 6th or later rounds or undrafted. That's a FACT.

#2 - QB is different from other positions. Teams are so desperate for QBs that they are always overdrafted. Despite the fact that none of the QBs in this year's draft were consensus future Franchise QBs (all had questionable areas in the view of some NFL scouts), teams still drafted up and gave up BIG draft capital to get Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. THere are NO examples of All-Pro QBs who went undrafted playing in the NFL today.

None whatever. Yet there are lots of guys like Chris Harris who was undrafted and now is an ALL-PRO CB. QB is different. If you have talent they will draft you. Usually in the first or second round. That's where virtually all of present NFL QBs were drafted.

I could go on and on, but even an IDIOT should be able to get the point by now. They're virtually ALL 1st rounders! A couple of notable exceptions, but mostly teams draft their franchise QBs in the first round. Undrafted? Where do you see any undrafted QBs who are franchise QBs for their teams, let alone any good ones?

Do try and wipe your chin before you post next time so the drool won't slobber the keyboard !

I've seen you be a douche before, but this is a new level for you

ShaneFalco
05-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Chad Kelly will spray this guy off the roster

Hawgdriver
05-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Slow Turd.

Hawgdriver
05-26-2017, 04:38 PM

wait, so half the superbowls feature a late round QB? I'm blown away by your fact-ing.

Hawgdriver
05-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Cugel, there are 32 teams in the NFL, not 22.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-26-2017, 06:38 PM

Yes

Simple Jaded
05-27-2017, 02:10 AM
What an oracle you are! Sophocles says 'sup, DT88theGreat!'

I'm intimated by your wicked smarts.

Hawgdriver
05-27-2017, 04:15 AM
I'm intimated by your wicked smarts.

Thanks man, but same team.

gregbroncs
05-27-2017, 12:14 PM
Lol there is absolutely zero truth to that statement, there's noway that a guy who has more arm talent than Paxton whose a first round pick and Kelly who had a second round grade would go undrafted, unnoticed...... Sloter is just a camp arm whose headed to the practice squad.What? Kelly was one spot from being undrafted.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-27-2017, 12:25 PM
If college teams knew the potential evidenced in Sloter's game tape last year he would have started for a team in a Divison 1 major conference. Sometimes teams overlook talent.

By the way, I know I started the statement with a preposition. I double don't care!!

Simple Jaded
05-27-2017, 01:23 PM
If college teams knew the potential evidenced in Sloter's game tape last year he would have started for a team in a Divison 1 major conference. Sometimes teams overlook talent.

By the way, I know I started the statement with a preposition. I double don't care!!

He probably had offers to stay in Div I but some of his credits didn't even transfer to UNC so he wouldn't qualify for a graduate transfer and had already redshirted so he wouldn't have any eligibility left.

How's that sentence structure for ya?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-27-2017, 01:45 PM
He probably had offers to stay in Div I but some of his credits didn't even transfer to UNC so he wouldn't qualify for a graduate transfer and had already redshirted so he wouldn't have any eligibility left.

D- well done

Hawgdriver
05-27-2017, 03:05 PM

I think you are still capable of worse. Try harder.

Nomad
05-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Had to google who Kyle Sloter was.

Joel
05-27-2017, 03:42 PM

1. "If" is a conjunction, not a preposition.

2. Tradition, not formal grammar, forbids prepositions at the END (i.e. not beginning) of clauses, but grammarians increasingly consider that an attempt to improperly make English Latin (I personally prefer maintaining links between prepositions and their objects, as well as within infinitives, for claritys sake.)

3. Tradition, not formal grammar, also forbids initial conjunctions, but the greatest and most respected English writers have routinely ignored that for centuries (e.g. Shakespeare in MacBeths observation about murdering his king: "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly.")

The best thing Sloter has going for him (other than a good arm, vision and decision making) is that he's not Swag Kelly—he must still crush TC just to make the roster, and, just as throughout college, his depth chart position permits few opportunities to do so (so the WORST thing going for him is ALSO that he's not Swag Kelly.)

slim
05-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Cugel, there are 32 teams in the NFL, not 22.

There is only 31.

Oh wait, are you counting Cleveland?

Simple Jaded
05-27-2017, 07:19 PM
I think you are still capable of worse. Try harder.

Challenge accepted.

DT88TheGreat
05-27-2017, 08:08 PM
What? Kelly was one spot from being undrafted.

Yeah BUT he was a late first to early second round talent grade wise if he didn't have character issue's and medical issue's. That's just a fact.

Joel
05-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Yeah BUT he was a late first to early second round talent grade wise if he didn't have character issue's and medical issue's. That's just a fact.
Ryan Leaf was a #2 overall pick until character and drugs made him #176-671 in Montana State Prison. Before the NFL started handing out suspensions to protect its brand from people like Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth. Character matters. Unless you like blowing 1st round picks to replace a starting QB every couple years.

Kelly's a Bronco, so I wish him well, but I'm not blinded by orange-tinted glasses either, so am not holding my breath given his consistent history.

Jsteve01
05-27-2017, 11:01 PM
This is an excellent article on Kyle. And not some Homer drivel put out by Broncos apologists

http://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/the-surreal-story-of-2017-nfl-draft-qb-prospect-kyle-sloter/

From a purely physical standpoint he is the most gifted athlete at the position on the team. He had the same velocity at his pro day as Paxton did the previous year. And he's faster than any of the other three. As War said do yourself a favor before you completely write the kid off and watch his highlight reel.

Sorry DT 88 but arm Talent always refers to arm Talent, arm strength, the ability to make all the throws. And he can do that in spades. Again there's not a sure thing on this roster but it's easy to get excited about these young guys.

WARHORSE
05-28-2017, 04:28 AM
just watch the tape.....simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsVsskA8ak&t=2s

DT88TheGreat
05-28-2017, 05:11 AM
Looks like the guy's on the field are high schoolers man...... I'm not all that impressed with playing against high school talent.

Valar Morghulis
05-28-2017, 05:22 AM
Looks like the guy's on the field are high schoolers man...... I'm not all that impressed with playing against high school talent.

Lol, while I sort of agree, the dude can only play against who is in front of him on that day and he appeared to ball out

Hawgdriver
05-28-2017, 05:31 AM

ikr. What I tell myself when I reply to you.

Hawgdriver
05-28-2017, 06:01 AM
Warfather, I think you might be right about this Sloter kid.

It's extrapolating way too much, but he has a lightning release, imparts great energy into the ball, and is reasonably accurate. Footwork need some improvement, but good awareness overall. Dude has the right kind of arm.

You never know. Aaron Rodger wasn't recruited out of high school. Sometimes a late bloomer with unusual circumstances takes the world by the balls. Sloter I'd say might be the #1 QB on the 90 man depending on if Siemian has maxed out or if Paxton can ball at the NFL level. Kelly...idk. Those types of maturity issues you have to turn a new leaf to overcome. Yeah, Sloter might not make the PS, so if he continues to impress he'll be the 3 and they'll let Kelly slide to PS.

Love the roster QB depth, but I'd really just like to have a clear #1 like a PFM where you forget about the position and think about whether CJ will stay healthy or what role a FB might have in the offense.

WARHORSE
05-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Warfather, I think you might be right about this Sloter kid.

It's extrapolating way too much, but he has a lightning release, imparts great energy into the ball, and is reasonably accurate. Footwork need some improvement, but good awareness overall. Dude has the right kind of arm.

You never know. Aaron Rodger wasn't recruited out of high school. Sometimes a late bloomer with unusual circumstances takes the world by the balls. Sloter I'd say might be the #1 QB on the 90 man depending on if Siemian has maxed out or if Paxton can ball at the NFL level. Kelly...idk. Those types of maturity issues you have to turn a new leaf to overcome. Yeah, Sloter might not make the PS, so if he continues to impress he'll be the 3 and they'll let Kelly slide to PS.

Love the roster QB depth, but I'd really just like to have a clear #1 like a PFM where you forget about the position and think about whether CJ will stay healthy or what role a FB might have in the offense.

I think Kelly will go to IR purely for the reason you mentioned. It serves him and it serves the club. After hearing initial on the field reports, no way they let Sloter get to the PS unless he completely falls apart during training camp.

WARHORSE
05-28-2017, 11:25 AM

I see. Youre not impressed. High school talent....arm talent not as good as Paxtons......headed for the PS......

Let me think about your opinion.

:coffee:

After a cup of coffee, careful consideration and deliberation, Im gonna agree with John Elway and the boyz on this one. His performance against D2 talent was impressive, especially considering he was playing WR the prior couple years. Your assessment of talent is below standards required to comment credibly on Sloter, therefore this court finds you guilty of wasting its time, and sentences you to four days of doing dishes, taking out the trash, and whatever else mom asks you to do around the house.
Oh, and clean your room.

;)

Joel
05-28-2017, 12:38 PM
If nothing else, it makes sense to keep Sloter as #3 QB (presuming we keep 3) because other teams can't snag Kelly off IR as they could snag Sloter off the PS. Sure, we could always activate Sloter for the 53 if someone made a play for him, but then we'd have to figure out whom we wanted to REMOVE from the 53 to make room, either by demotion to the PS (if applicable, and with the same risk of poaching) or cutting them outright. No such issues with IR, and Kelly probably won't be physically nor otherwise ready to even play backup this year, so putting him on IR and keeping the others on the 53 fully and simply settles the issue.

All this also presumes (obviously) that both Kelly and Sloter survive camp; otherwise the decision becomes even easier.

Cugel
05-28-2017, 08:27 PM
If nothing else, it makes sense to keep Sloter as #3 QB (presuming we keep 3) because other teams can't snag Kelly off IR as they could snag Sloter off the PS. Sure, we could always activate Sloter for the 53 if someone made a play for him, but then we'd have to figure out whom we wanted to REMOVE from the 53 to make room, either by demotion to the PS (if applicable, and with the same risk of poaching) or cutting them outright. No such issues with IR, and Kelly probably won't be physically nor otherwise ready to even play backup this year, so putting him on IR and keeping the others on the 53 fully and simply settles the issue.

All this also presumes (obviously) that both Kelly and Sloter survive camp; otherwise the decision becomes even easier.

I didn't think of that actually. They can put Kelly on IR before the end of the pre-season, and won't have to activate him until sometime in October (if they designate him to return). Then Sloter becomes their emergency 3rd string QB. When Kelly comes off IR they just put him on the 53 man roster and waive somebody else. Maybe Sloter, and then Slotter goes onto the Practice Squad.

DT88TheGreat
05-28-2017, 11:27 PM
ikr. What I tell myself when I reply to you.

So you are saying im sloter with the professional ability and you are the high school talent with little to no.ability?

I suddenly like this sloter guy.

He can throw the ball pretty good, however doing it against high schoolers aren't really impressive.

DT88TheGreat
05-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Lol, while I sort of agree, the dude can only play against who is in front of him on that day and he appeared to ball out

Anything less than 5-6k yards passing and 40 touchdowns last year vs such inferior competition is a disappointment. So did he absolutely slaughter the opponents?

Hawgdriver
05-28-2017, 11:38 PM
So you are saying im sloter with the professional ability and you are the high school talent with little to no.ability?

I suddenly like this sloter guy.

He can throw the ball pretty good, however doing it against high schoolers aren't really impressive.

Good talk.

Jsteve01
05-28-2017, 11:47 PM

Anything less than 5-6k yards passing and 40 touchdowns last year vs such inferior competition is a disappointment. So did he absolutely slaughter the opponents?

Yeah Carson Wentz and Joe Flacco are such douches for not playing d1 and they didn't put up 5 or 6k yards

Jsteve01
05-28-2017, 11:57 PM

Just to put it in perspective in his first year at UNC sloter threw for 29 and 10 which is better than any season that Carson had while playing in division 1 FCS

Simple Jaded
05-29-2017, 12:53 AM
It's safe to bet against any QB making it in the NFL, DT88 is getting fat on some pretty low hanging fruit.

Joel
05-29-2017, 02:41 AM
I didn't think of that actually. They can put Kelly on IR before the end of the pre-season, and won't have to activate him until sometime in October (if they designate him to return). Then Sloter becomes their emergency 3rd string QB. When Kelly comes off IR they just put him on the 53 man roster and waive somebody else. Maybe Sloter, and then Slotter goes onto the Practice Squad.
Except there seems to be some question about whether Sloter would be safe on the PS. On the other hand, I seem to remember reading something about teams no longer having to pre-designate which IR player will return, so maybe. I still tend to doubt Kelly ever plays a down for us, because I think he suffers from a sense of entitlement and irresponsibility that just doesn't fly when a title contender drafts Mr. Irrelevant, and injury may limit his chances to show much in practice.

DT88TheGreat
05-29-2017, 03:57 AM
The only problem Is Kelly was Vance Joseph favorite QB in the draft. He thinks Kelly is a true competitor. If he doesn't make it then he doesn't though, same wth sloter. But it would be great for at least one of them to stick.

If sloter is as good as many think all of a sudden then he won't survive practice squad. I'm trying to figure out why I never heard this guy's name on this board at all and he's right in the Broncos back yard and now people are acting like he's a future legend already. I'll give elway credit though he was paying some attention to sloter to sign him as a UDRFA.

DT88TheGreat
05-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Just to put it in perspective in his first year at UNC sloter threw for 29 and 10 which is better than any season that Carson had while playing in division 1 FCS

So why was one the number 1 pick and the other undrafted?

DT88TheGreat
05-29-2017, 04:05 AM
Yeah Carson Wentz and Joe Flacco are such douches for not playing d1 and they didn't put up 5 or 6k yards

Joe flacco is solid, he's not a QB that can will his team to winning season's obviously. Outside of the debacle of raheem moore (on a terrible throw by the way) flacco has been a above average quarterback.

Jury still out on Wentz, however why were they drafted so high and sloter not drafted at all?.

sneakers
05-29-2017, 05:21 AM
who????

Rick
05-29-2017, 10:17 AM
So why was one the number 1 pick and the other undrafted?

Why was Tony Romo undrafted? Why was Brady a 6th round pick? Why was Ryan Leaf the 2nd pick? Why was Jawalrus Russell first overall?

Sometimes scouts and arm chair fans **** up.

BroncoJoe
05-29-2017, 10:50 AM

Not sure why I'm even responding this, but WTF.

I said the Broncos have had plenty of undrafted players that have turned into stars. I did not mention any particular position specifically - just pointing out that just because someone is not drafted does not mean they can't become VERY good in this league.

Here's the first list that popped up with a Google search:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000663921

The Broncos have two on that list of 30. Three if you include an original signing by the Broncos of Willie Brown.

So, if you're going to ask me to wipe my chin before I post again, I'd suggest you open your eyes and review facts instead of posting nonsense.

BroncoJoe
05-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Here's another list of undrafted Broncos' stars:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810354-the-12-greatest-denver-broncos-undrafted-free-agents-of-all-time

Chris Harris and CJ Anderson also come to mind.

Rick
05-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Kurt Warner and Warren Moon pretty much </EndsThread> and hopefully makes a couple of posters wipe the drool or whatever else off their chins.

gregbroncs
05-29-2017, 05:43 PM
It's safe to bet against any QB making it in the NFL, DT88 is getting fat on some pretty low hanging fruit.This is what is funny to me. When he gets cut, which is likely, He'll claim to be "right" when nobody has really said the guy is a future star or even a guy that would stick. All I've really noticed is people calling him out for dismissing him because of being undrafted. So even if he gets cut the guy will still not have been correct.

Simple Jaded
05-29-2017, 05:53 PM
This is what is funny to me. When he gets cut, which is likely, He'll claim to be "right" when nobody has really said the guy is a future star or even a guy that would stick. All I've really noticed is people calling him out for dismissing him because of being undrafted. So even if he gets cut the guy will still not have been correct.
DT88 just wants to kill the kind of hope this time of the brings, I'm beginning to like this DT88.

WARHORSE
05-29-2017, 06:34 PM

Thats just not an intelligent statement at all. You should actually know what youre talking about before you use stats to reference your point of view.

I'll wait while you go and get backup for your statement.

Sloter is a stud no matter how you slice it. Read slowly the thread and the posts that arent yours.....and be taught.

MOtorboat
05-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Sloter is the new Kapri Bibbs.

Poet
05-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Sloter is the new Kapri Bibbs.

Overhyped for no real reason in tandem with expectations he could never actually meet?

MOtorboat
05-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Overhyped for no real reason in tandem with expectations he could never actually meet?

I was just going for training camp fan favorite.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-29-2017, 08:09 PM

I was thinking more a local boy who put up solid numbers in college who the Broncos took a flyer on for TC. Just the fact that they played their college ball in Colorado makes them instant legends of their first TC and fan favorites to make the roster.

Cugel
05-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Except there seems to be some question about whether Sloter would be safe on the PS. On the other hand, I seem to remember reading something about teams no longer having to pre-designate which IR player will return, so maybe. I still tend to doubt Kelly ever plays a down for us, because I think he suffers from a sense of entitlement and irresponsibility that just doesn't fly when a title contender drafts Mr. Irrelevant, and injury may limit his chances to show much in practice.

Personally, I don't think Chad Kelly is ever likely to become a starting QB anywhere. But, lots of teams were apparently waiting to sign him as an undrafted FA. Elway grabbing him with the last pick of the draft thwarted those plans. So, they can't try and sneak him through waivers because somebody would pick him up. But, they can put him on IR and put Sloter on waivers when Kelly comes off. There's no way they prefer to keep Sloter over Kelly as a long-chance prospect. And frankly, it doesn't matter much.

Sloter would start the season as the #3 emergency QB. There are guys like that every year. Next year there are some much more talented QBs entering the draft. The only question is whether the Broncos will have to go back into the first round and take one - if neither Paxton nor Trevor shows signs of becoming a top 10 QB.

Remember that neither Kelly nor Sloter will be getting any 1st team reps. Those are designed for Paxton & Trevor. It's a 2 man race. Now if neither of them plays well enough to grab the starting job. . . .

But, Kelly is going to be injured through the start of the regular season so we're not seeing anything from him.

Joel
05-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Personally, I don't think Chad Kelly is ever likely to become a starting QB anywhere. But, lots of teams were apparently waiting to sign him as an undrafted FA. Elway grabbing him with the last pick of the draft thwarted those plans. So, they can't try and sneak him through waivers because somebody would pick him up. But, they can put him on IR and put Sloter on waivers when Kelly comes off. There's no way they prefer to keep Sloter over Kelly as a long-chance prospect. And frankly, it doesn't matter much.

Sloter would start the season as the #3 emergency QB. There are guys like that every year. Next year there are some much more talented QBs entering the draft. The only question is whether the Broncos will have to go back into the first round and take one - if neither Paxton nor Trevor shows signs of becoming a top 10 QB.

Remember that neither Kelly nor Sloter will be getting any 1st team reps. Those are designed for Paxton & Trevor. It's a 2 man race. Now if neither of them plays well enough to grab the starting job. . . .

But, Kelly is going to be injured through the start of the regular season so we're not seeing anything from him.
Probably a safe bet. If Siemian and Lynch BOTH crashed and burned, they'd still be under contract and make more sense in that emergency role than Sloter or Kelly would. I mean, we could cut Siemian with no loss, but we're scheduled to pay him league minimum each year: Sloter would only save a couple hundred thousand in cap space, and even you must agree Siemian's done more to "earn" an emergency #3 role than Sloter has, which is unlikely to change by this time next year.

Conversely, if one of Siemian/Lynch secures the starting job AND the other does well enough to become primary backup, we're still talking about an emergency #3 spot where most camp fodder is as good as any other, plus Sloter will be fighting a healthy Swag Kelly for that spot next year.

The harsh reality is that the difference between Mr. Irrelevant and an UDFA (especially among QBs) is negligible. Other teams may have been looking at Kelly, but if ANY of them had wanted him really badly they would have at least spent a final round pick on him before we had a chance to make him Mr. Irrelevant. The main practical difference between him and Sloter is that Sloter's healthy enough to practice now and has had to work his butt off for even the few opportunities he's gotten, so more likely to continue doing so rather than making rap videos and brawling with bouncers.

They're both long shots to make the team, much less remain on it, if only because Siemian and Lynch are BOTH still so inexperienced they'll need every second of coaching and practice time we can spare (leaving precious little for Sloter, however ready and willing he may be.)

WARHORSE
05-29-2017, 08:56 PM
I was thinking more a local boy who put up solid numbers in college who the Broncos took a flyer on for TC. Just the fact that they played their college ball in Colorado makes them instant legends of their first TC and fan favorites to make the roster.

Instant legends. Yep. Thats what everyone is saying.

JPPT1974
05-29-2017, 08:59 PM
His arm can be huge but what about accuracy? That is the key.

Rick
05-29-2017, 10:57 PM
I personally know nothing about him and probably won't bother looking at highlight reels unless he shows he is real competition in camp.

My points in this thread are more at writing off a guy simply because he was undrafted and another guy was drafted. It may not be common but the cases are CERTAINLY out there proving drafted QBs can be busts and low drafted to undrafted QBs can be studs.

WARHORSE
05-29-2017, 11:16 PM
Does/should Chad Kelly, if he's healthy, or even Kyle Sloter get a chance to get first-team reps and even become a starter?

-- Taylor Rhodes

Not this year, unless injuries strike both Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch. Chad Kelly won't be throwing in practice until August because of the wrist injury he suffered leading up to his Pro Day. Realistically, it's all about 2018 for the seventh-round pick. Sloter has potential showed some good decision-making ability this week, but he's also an undrafted rookie who needs plenty of work.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 08:42 AM
I personally know nothing about him and probably won't bother looking at highlight reels unless he shows he is real competition in camp.

My points in this thread are more at writing off a guy simply because he was undrafted and another guy was drafted. It may not be common but the cases are CERTAINLY out there proving drafted QBs can be busts and low drafted to undrafted QBs can be studs.

I've watched some of the highlights. Color me unimpressed personally. I guess I'm just missing what all these people are seeing. Seems like he's the new Bradley Van Pelt...

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Thats just not an intelligent statement at all. You should actually know what youre talking about before you use stats to reference your point of view.

I'll wait while you go and get backup for your statement.

Sloter is a stud no matter how you slice it. Read slowly the thread and the posts that arent yours.....and be taught.

Lol I have nothing further to say, sloter isn't even going to make the team imo. You can keep gassing him up as the next romo or kurt warner if you want..... Wow naming 2 player's in the history of the game and thinking sloter is going to be #3? Ill be watching.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Lol I have nothing further to say, sloter isn't even going to make the team imo. You can keep gassing him up as the next romo or kurt warner if you want..... Wow naming 2 player's in the history of the game and thinking sloter is going to be #3? Ill be watching.

Translation "I can't backup my statements because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about"

Rick
05-30-2017, 09:09 AM

For the most part it is not people saying he will become the next Romo Or Warner, but rather the arguments are about you saying it is impossible.

Is it likely? No.

Is it impossible as you suggest? No.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 09:11 AM
It's pointless, I'm not going to be arguing for day's about an undrafted QB who played against high school talent. So far ive learned the Broncos are in good hands though because Trevor is like tom fricking Brady and sloter is romo so no worries about the QB position in Denver with Brady and Romo on the squad.

Rick
05-30-2017, 09:14 AM
People like the underdog, if this bothers you...get over it.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 09:16 AM
For the most part it is not people saying he will become the next Romo Or Warner, but rather the arguments are about you saying it is impossible.

Is it likely? No.

Is it impossible as you suggest? No.

It's borderline impossible. Like the thread is about sloter supposedly completing some passes against some 5th stringers who wont make the team either and he gets a hope thread?

I guess man. But if he is the 3rd person in the history of the game to be good like Romo ill get sloter tattooed somewhere on my body.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 09:19 AM

It doesn't (bother) me per say.... But I have to let guy's know they are wasting there time getting emotional invested in a guy whose likely going to be a bum. I remember some of this with Bradley Vanpelt, and kapri bibbs was always going to have that break out year.

I like an under dog too as long as the under dog actually has a shot in the fight.

Rick
05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Technically we have a guy 4 young QBs, none of which have really secured the role and one could imagine at the end of the day that all 4 guys may have a shot.

I would assume it is down to TS and PL, but all 4 are young, shit happens.

Rick
05-30-2017, 09:30 AM
An example: I for one never thought it would happen that the 7th round pick TS would beat out veteran Sanchez or 1st round pick PL last year. Point remains, shit happens.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:42 AM
It's pointless, I'm not going to be arguing for day's about an undrafted QB who played against high school talent. So far ive learned the Broncos are in good hands though because Trevor is like tom fricking Brady and sloter is romo so no worries about the QB position in Denver with Brady and Romo on the squad.

All I'm hearing is a whiny dude that can't handle another QB on his roster that isn't his precious Lynch12 being talked about...It's a community, people like other players than your preferred choice. Suck it up buttercup. We know your stance, let people enjoy their stances.

If you can't add something meaningful to the conversation that isn't you mocking people that don't share your viewpoint, find another thread to comment on.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:45 AM
It doesn't (bother) me per say.... But I have to let guy's know they are wasting there time getting emotional invested in a guy whose likely going to be a bum. I remember some of this with Bradley Vanpelt, and kapri bibbs was always going to have that break out year.

I like an under dog too as long as the under dog actually has a shot in the fight.

Why? Why must you let people know...Let people people cheer on who they want to. If it's not Lynch12, your life will go on. You don't need to come in and poo poo on anyone else's parade.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 09:52 AM
This guy is clearly on the bottom about life since Trevor got out performed. Hope you didn't buy the expensive authentic jersey.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:54 AM
This guy is clearly on the bottom about life since Trevor got out performed. Hope you didn't buy the expensive authentic jersey.

Do you have to be the worlds biggest douche canoe or is it something that just flows out of you naturally? And who on this team outperformed Trevor? Is certainly wasn't your buddy Lynch12. Until he does, you really don't have a lot of room to talk Yash.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 09:55 AM
An example: I for one never thought it would happen that the 7th round pick TS would beat out veteran Sanchez or 1st round pick PL last year. Point remains, shit happens.

Sanchez bro? Lynch in a red shirt year in a pathetic scheme on offense with pathetic coaching vs a guy who had a year in it already, who looked okay in practice.... Never translated to the game's though really.

Shit does happen but not this kind of shit, it's only happened twice in how many years?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-30-2017, 09:58 AM
It's borderline impossible. Like the thread is about sloter supposedly completing some passes against some 5th stringers who wont make the team either and he gets a hope thread?

I guess man. But if he is the 3rd person in the history of the game to be good like Romo ill get sloter tattooed somewhere on my body.
If he makes the opening day roster will you get the tattoo and post a picture of it here?

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Sanchez bro? Lynch in a red shirt year in a pathetic scheme on offense with pathetic coaching vs a guy who had a year in it already, who looked okay in practice.... Never translated to the game's though really.

Shit does happen but not this kind of shit, it's only happened twice in how many years?

Lynch couldn't beat out Sanchez/trevor... If he's so great and they are so terrible, what stopped him?

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 09:59 AM
If he makes the opening day roster will you get the tattoo and post a picture of it here?

He'll have been banned by then and back on a new username.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Do you have to be the worlds biggest douche canoe or is it something that just flows out of you naturally? And who on this team outperformed Trevor? Is certainly wasn't your buddy Lynch12. Until he does, you really don't have a lot of room to talk Yash.

Coming from a guy whose a self anointed troll, do I need to dig up the numerous time's you've admitted that? You constantly trolled the lynch12 fella as well, even admitted it to me.

Give it a break. Are you talking about quarter backs or you trolling again?

I will exit the sloter hype thread though. Hope he's Romo! I'll trade every qb on the roster if I know I have a prime Romo.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 10:02 AM

No. Bradley VanPelt made the roster, even started a game or so. He's going to have to be the guy for me to get the tattooed, tattooes are pretty much forever so sloter will have to at least give me a good starting season before I put his name on me.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Coming from a guy whose a self anointed troll, do I need to dig up the numerous time's you've admitted that? You constantly trolled the lynch12 fella as well, even admitted it to me.

Give it a break. Are you talking about quarter backs or you trolling again?

I will exit the sloter hype thread though. Hope he's Romo! I'll trade every qb on the roster if I know I have a prime Romo.

Yash/lynch12, you should have caught on by now that I'm a pretty serious poster most of the time and genuinely try to have intelligent discussions.

When it comes to "trolling"people, I only have eyes for you. I'm just giving you a taste of your own meds.

No one is stupid... We know exactly who you are, though obviously, if you admit it, you'll be banned and have to start all over again.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Yash/lynch12, you should have caught on by now that I'm a pretty serious poster most of the time and genuinely try to have intelligent discussions.

When it comes to "trolling"people, I only have eyes for you. I'm just giving you a taste of your own meds.

No one is stupid... We know exactly who you are, though obviously, if you admit it, you'll be banned and have to start all over again.

You are right im not stupid and here's one of your latest admittance of being a troll and it had nothing to do with the fella lynch12 or me.

Chaz, sounds like a threat...Regardless, you go your way, I'll go mine. Admittedly I trolled you a tiny bit at first, you trolled me right back. Done is done......Back to predicting the 2017 Denver Broncos QB.

Smh failed and later alligator.

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 10:23 AM
Aw shucks, you got me... You found the one single time I trolled someone other than you... Unlike with you, I regret trolling chaz. Not because he didn't deserve it, but because I that situation I should have been better than that.

Krugan
05-30-2017, 12:22 PM
this thread got wheels!

The kid is a project, not unlike the others on this team. I hope he does well, because its good for the broncos, and it will make several go WTF!!!!

Simple Jaded
05-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Aw shucks, you got me... You found the one single time I trolled someone other than you... Unlike with you, I regret trolling chaz. Not because he didn't deserve it, but because I that situation I should have been better than that.

Oh, so you're too good to troll, I guess?

Freyaka
05-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Oh, so you're too good to troll, I guess?

Well jaded, if you ask real nice, I'll think about it, but it'll be our secret, wouldn't want yash to get his panties in a bunch.

WARHORSE
05-30-2017, 03:14 PM

I know you have nothing to say because you have no stats. As for Warner and Romo, you never heard those names come out of my mouth in comparison to Sloter.

Even if he doesnt make the team, hes still a stud, no two ways about it.

Still waiting for your stats, but we all know you wont back up your statement because it wasnt based on information available.

He tore it up.

Doesnt make him a starter in the NFL, but it does show a tremendous amount of potential.

Rocket arm, accurate, poised, sub 4.6 forty.

Stud. And I for one hope we have a diamond in the rough and thats it. Pretty simple. No need to start talkin Swahili about it.

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 03:46 PM

I watched the Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt E:60s yesterday. It's more than just an underdog mentality. It's the existence of a certain winning quality that shows up in overcoming adversity and willing oneself to greatness.

Not saying anyone on the Broncos is a guy like that, but it's more than underdog-ness.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Hawg, are you saying you want "it"?

ShaneFalco
05-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Sloter looks like a bum and is wasting reps for Qbs like kelly who is going to spray everyone with his ak

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Sloter looks like a bum and is wasting reps for Qbs like kelly who is going to spray everyone with his ak

YsNM7tLSl1w

ShaneFalco
05-30-2017, 06:09 PM
YsNM7tLSl1w

cant wait till they play this in the stadium when he takes the field

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Rodger's Mom about the scores of D1 rejection letters he got: He kept them visually, in front of him, to motivate him.

Then in 2003, Jeff Tedford came to Butte. Not to scout Rodgers, but one of his receivers.

"Coach Tedford comes out and says can I see some film I show him one play where he takes a three step drop and throws a slant for a touchdown and Tedford says 'hey, that the best quarterback I've ever seen. That kid will play in the NFL some day.'"

For every physically gifted specimen that has had great success, there is a less physically blessed individual with greater mental and physical toughness. With a stronger will.

It's not that we want to believe in fairy tales, it's that we have a rational appreciation for drive.

DT88TheGreat
05-30-2017, 06:27 PM
If only Trevor showed the ability to will his team who started 5-0 into the playoffs. There's no evidence of this toughness or will with Trevor. People want to say well manning threw ducks when even his wobblers were accurate due to having enough arm strength. Manning was not some chad Pennington quarterback.

Poet
05-30-2017, 06:34 PM
TS played with a badly jacked up shoulder. He's tough. He's not Steve McNair, but he's shown some toughness. Manning's wobblers were innaccurate, and Manning's arm strength was never at the top of the league. What made Manning great was his understanding of the game, a solid arm, not a great one.

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 06:55 PM
There's no evidence of this toughness or will with Trevor.

Yeah, 5-0. That's a good start. What other evidence you got? Let's prove this thing and close this case.

Poet
05-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Hawgington, we need to talk in this thread. I've modified a stance.

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Hawgington, we need to talk in this thread. I've modified a stance.

I'm watching the Julian Edelman E60 now. That kid I'd want on my team.

The common thread is a singular drive to prove others wrong. I guess I have a fetish for that story.

Poet
05-30-2017, 07:06 PM
I'm watching the Julian Edelman E60 now. That kid I'd want on my team.

The common thread is a singular drive to prove others wrong. I guess I have a fetish for that story.

I had determined that TS' ceiling would be Alex Smith and that Alex Smith is not that impressive as a QB, but slightly more than solid. I've modified the former and not the latter.

TS' ceiling is probably a notch or two higher than that.

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 07:15 PM
I had determined that TS' ceiling would be Alex Smith and that Alex Smith is not that impressive as a QB, but slightly more than solid. I've modified the former and not the latter.

TS' ceiling is probably a notch or two higher than that.

Alex Smith is not that impressive as a QB. He's like...the girl you, Mr. Average, figured you would get to go to prom. She won't make your friends jealous, but you don't have to bag her head either.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-30-2017, 07:17 PM
Alex Smith is not that impressive as a QB. He's like...the girl you, Mr. Average, figured you would get to go to prom. She won't make your friends jealous, but you don't have to bag her head either.

Things are bleak when "no bag required" is at the top of redeeming qualities.

Hawgdriver
05-30-2017, 09:36 PM
cant wait till they play this in the stadium when he takes the field

The song isn't terrible.

idk maybe that's just me.

Simple Jaded
05-30-2017, 09:52 PM

Hey the ugly ones try harder.

Valar Morghulis
05-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Hey the ugly ones try harder.

I bet you can graft

Simple Jaded
05-30-2017, 11:51 PM
I bet you can graft

I have no idea but I am a quick learner.

WARHORSE
05-31-2017, 08:17 PM
Another Sloter sighting. :D say cheese.

The fact that they keep mentioning him is good news. Keep it up Kyle.

... Rookie receiver Isaiah McKenziehttp://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/isaiah-mckenzie/faad5677-8db6-4714-91c5-3b27d79a257c/) caught one touchdown pass from Kyle Sloterhttp://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/kyle-sloter/b787ee23-6f45-4efc-a808-163f240fb067/) during a red-zone period and continued to show his speed, turning upfield for a long gain later in the practice after catching a short toss from Sloter.

Joel
06-01-2017, 09:24 AM
this thread got wheels!

The kid is a project, not unlike the others on this team. I hope he does well, because its good for the broncos, and it will make several go WTF!!!!
You talking about Sloter, or DT88? :confused:

Freyaka
06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
You talking about Sloter, or DT88? :confused:

Well, I can't imagine any scenario where DT88 as a poster is "good for the Broncos" so I'm going to go with Sloter on this one :D

Joel
06-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Well, I can't imagine any scenario where DT88 as a poster is "good for the Broncos" so I'm going to go with Sloter on this one :D
You never know: It took a solid year of ranting, but Elway FINALLY took my advice to replace Fox and Co. with Kubiak, Wade and Dennison—just look how much and quickly that paid off for the Broncos. After an even longer delay, he even belatedly took my advice to take the FIRST OT in a draft instead of the ninth or eleventh, so there's a decent chance [your starting QB here] will finish the season with his head attached. You're welcome, btw; giving is its own reward. :tongue:

Simple Jaded
06-01-2017, 10:20 PM
You never know: It took a solid year of ranting, but Elway FINALLY took my advice to replace Fox and Co. with Kubiak, Wade and Dennison—just look how much and quickly that paid off for the Broncos. After an even longer delay, he even belatedly took my advice to take the FIRST OT in a draft instead of the ninth or eleventh, so there's a decent chance [your starting QB here] will finish the season with his head attached. You're welcome, btw; giving is its own reward. :tongue:
So Dennison was your ****ing fault?

DT88TheGreat
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
The entire group responsible for the offense was his fault. Glad they are all gone.

Poet
06-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Watching Kubiak try to call a game is like watching a ostrich try to score a baseball game.

Simple Jaded
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Watching Kubiak try to call a game is like watching a ostrich try to score a baseball game.

I'd like to see you playing catcher with an ostrich stealing home.

Poet
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I'd like to see you playing catcher with an ostrich stealing home.

Fight me, bitch.

Simple Jaded
06-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Fight me, bitch.

I'd like to see you call an ostrich a bitch.

Poet
06-01-2017, 11:27 PM
I'd like to see you call an ostrich a bitch.

I'd like to see you jump off a building, face first, on fire, twice.

chazoe60
06-01-2017, 11:31 PM
You two! Can't you see that you're in love?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
I'd like to see you jump off a building, face first, on fire, twice.

He has no hops. The scenario would require him being shoved, twice.

Freyaka
06-02-2017, 08:53 AM
He has no hops. The scenario would require him being shoved, twice.

I removed my high five, just so I could high five this post twice.

Jsteve01
06-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Joe flacco is solid, he's not a QB that can will his team to winning season's obviously. Outside of the debacle of raheem moore (on a terrible throw by the way) flacco has been a above average quarterback.

Jury still out on Wentz, however why were they drafted so high and sloter not drafted at all?.

I'm replying to your comment about playing against high school talent in D2. Which is incorrect as the Big SKy is FCS. Don't say shit if you don't like people to reply with facts. Fact. He had the same velocity as Paxton at his pro day. Fact he put up better numbers in his first season at UNC than Wentz ever did at North Dakota State. Fact two you made it sound like any qb that plays FCS or DII is playing against high schoolers. So I pointed out that two good nfl players came from the same division at the same position.

So in summation. I never anointed Sloter anything, but I did post facts about his athletic ability being higher than anyone else at the position and that he had a better senior year statistically than Wentz and that playing against FCS competition doesn't automatically disqualify you

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2017, 10:47 AM
I removed my high five, just so I could high five this post twice.

I think I shall high five myself

Rick
06-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I think I shall high five myself

You can't do that, that's like giving yourself a standing ovation!

Freyaka
06-02-2017, 11:29 AM

You can however low five yourself at anytime.

Joel
06-02-2017, 11:44 AM
So Dennison was your ****ing fault?
Way to cherry pick: This exchange is my entire BF posting "career" in a nutshell. :(

Freyaka
06-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Way to cherry pick: This exchange is my entire BF posting "career" in a nutshell. :(

You can't fit your entire career in a nutshell, it's too many paragraphs for such a small item.

Joel
06-02-2017, 11:56 AM
You can't fit your entire career in a nutshell, it's too many paragraphs for such a small item.
My nuts are bigger on the inside. :D

Rick
06-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Well they sure couldn't be any smaller! :)

Freyaka
06-02-2017, 12:02 PM

You have Tardis nuts?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Yeah, so?

Rick
06-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Messing with you.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Messing with you.

I was also messing with you... the point of my reply to you was to insinuate I also like to applaud myself.

I knew you were joking. Hopefully I've got thicker skin than that.

Joel
06-02-2017, 03:26 PM
You have Tardis nuts?
Precisely: Anyone can pick all the cherries they like—my nuts will always get there first later. :cool:

Simple Jaded
06-02-2017, 10:24 PM

Actually this post fits in a nutshell and sums Joel up precisely.

WARHORSE
06-08-2017, 06:16 AM
More Sloter cheerleading.......

It appears that Siemian was having an off day, so much so that undrafted rookie quarterback Kyle Sloter looked better than him, according to McKee.

Darren McKee @dmac1043
Now sloter is looking better than siemian. Whew
7:44 AM - 5 Jun 2017
7 7 Retweets 14 14 likes

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 08:59 AM
More Sloter cheerleading.......

It appears that Siemian was having an off day, so much so that undrafted rookie quarterback Kyle Sloter looked better than him, according to McKee.

Darren McKee @dmac1043
Now sloter is looking better than siemian. Whew
7:44 AM - 5 Jun 2017
7 7 Retweets 14 14 likes

So you really think sloter is better than Trevor already or did Trevor just have an off day?

DT88TheGreat
06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
It looks like the only reason Trevor won the competition is because he had a year in kubiak offense and kubiak wasn't asking him to attack dwn the field. If he's being beat by sloter of all people.

McCoy installing some read option says doom for Trevor as well, however I think he's still better than spoter.

WARHORSE
06-15-2017, 06:51 AM
"Well I think all the QBs have done a nice job of pickikng up the system, of directing traffic. There a lot they do at the line of scrimmage and theres certain things we're gonna ask them to do.....getting us in and out of plays. I think theyre headed in the right direction, all of them, uh, not just the two youre thinking about right now but I think Kyles done a nice job too moving the offense in there and learning the system"

Mike McCoy

Isnt it odd that he made sure to mention Kyle in the mix? He then said they will all compete and the best man will play.

I hereby dub Kyle:

The Kid. Young Gun.

Hopefully, one day..... as in Billy.

ShaneFalco
06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Simple Jaded
06-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Hey Shane, Sloter loves Jesus.

ShaneFalco
06-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Hey Shane, Sloter loves Jesus.

if he doesnt call upon his glory in the last 4 minutes of games i dont care.

I miss tebow so much.

:frown:

Simple Jaded
06-25-2017, 05:42 PM
He's a virgin too.

Cugel
06-25-2017, 07:03 PM
And yet none of this crap is gonna matter come September:

"Trevor is down today and Kyle Sloter is up!"
"Sloter looked like a deranged badger out there today and Paxton was sharp!"
"While Paxton howled at the full moon today during practice Trevor demonstrated some nice touch passes."

You see, one of these two guys - Trevor or Paxton - is going to be anointed "The Starter" by about game 3 of the preseason. And then they'll start the season. If they play well and the team wins they keep their job. If not then the other guy will get a chance. If that "other guy" is Paxton, assuming he plays well enough to make it close between him and Trevor, you will see Paxton start at some point in the season.

That's necessary so that Elway knows whether he can simply continue to develop Paxton as his starter or whether he needs to go back to the 1st round of the 2018 draft and get another QB. Kyle Sloter is Plan Z, not Plan A.

Kyle Sloter is a "developmental guy". Now, he's more talented than most developmental guys, but realistically he's not got a snowball's chance in Hell of starting this year. He's the practice squad guy and the odds are that's all he'll ever be.

You guys remember Matt Mauch and Bradley Van Pelt? If you don't remember them, that's the point! Once people on these forums were wasting valuable time talking about those "prospects" and about their "potential" only that's all it ever was "potential" it never became "actual."

None of these candidates has shown much "actual" so far which is why the competition will remain open all year long, no matter what Elway and Joseph say publicly. In private they will always be evaluating whether the team would be better off with the other guy starting. All year long.

Yes, I realize this stuff is all we have to talk about now during the pre-season, but let's not get carried away with "the News From Dove Valley".

"Trevor looked sharp."
"Trevor looked stunned, like a ox that's been hit in the head with a mallet."
"Paxton looked like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean."
"Paxton made great reads all day."

We're going to have to learn to enjoy these reports for what they are: "media fodder." When there's no real news make up the latest analysis.

Valar Morghulis
06-25-2017, 10:34 PM
He's a virgin too.

I heard he was born to a virgin

Simple Jaded
06-26-2017, 12:05 AM
I heard he was born to a virgin

Plot thickens. How can Shane forsake this great young man?

Joel
06-26-2017, 01:19 PM
He's a virgin too.
Sloter, or "Rock Me, Amadeus" over there?

Simple Jaded
06-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Sloter, or "Rock Me, Amadeus" over there?

You're weird, stop it.

FanInAZ
06-26-2017, 11:49 PM
You're weird, stop it.

Someone with an avatar like yours... :D

Joel
06-27-2017, 02:20 PM
You're weird, stop it.
No (in a nutshell, wrapped in a tortilla.)

WARHORSE
07-25-2017, 11:19 PM
Let the competition begin.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/7/25/16017428/denver-broncos-roster-2017-kyle-sloter-quarterback

Simple Jaded
07-26-2017, 04:25 AM
You're giving me a Chubb, WARHORSE.

WARHORSE
07-26-2017, 12:06 PM
I need to rethink my posts then.....haha.

Im looking forward to watching this all take place.

Gonna be an intriguing camp!

WARHORSE
07-27-2017, 09:28 PM
GUESS WHO'S MAKIN PLAYS IN TRAINING CAMP.............?

Hint:

Simple Jaded
07-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Can't wait to see #1 throw the ball.

Jsteve01
07-28-2017, 12:01 AM
Let the competition begin.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/7/25/16017428/denver-broncos-roster-2017-kyle-sloter-quarterback

So one of my co-workers actually played football in high school at Palisade with Jon Boyer who is the offensive coordinator at UNC now. Boyer cannot say enough good stuff about this kid. He said he just could only wonder how good he could have been had he had the opportunity to play quarterback in a pro-style system all four years in college. I believe just as the mile high report article said that the kids resilient. He's a very good leader. Great work ethic. And then you toss in the fact that he's easily the best athlete at the position on the Broncos.

Poet
07-28-2017, 12:06 AM
The fact that we have to hope for guys like Sloter to pan out makes me pray that Lynch wins the job and shuts all this stuff down.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 12:29 AM
The fact that we have to hope for guys like Sloter to pan out makes me pray that Lynch wins the job and shuts all this stuff down.

I hope we have 4 franchise QB's.

#Imabetterfanthankinger

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 12:31 AM
You're giving me a Chubb steve.

topscribe
07-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Can't wait to see #1 throw the ball.
He does have a strong arm, and I've seen him put it into some tight holes.

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 12:50 AM
.......I've seen him put it into some tight holes.

Top, I love you man, that's why I'm gonna let someone else knock this one into upper deck.

topscribe
07-28-2017, 12:52 AM
Top, I love you man, that's why I'm gonna let someone else knock this one into upper deck.
Yeah, I kinda figured you'd pick up on that one . . .

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I kinda figured you'd pick up on that one . . .

You went to UNC?

topscribe
07-28-2017, 01:00 AM
You went to UNC?
Yup. Goes way back in the family, actually. Two of my uncles wrestled for what
was then Colorado State College, and my paternal grandmother graduated with
the class of 1900. There were seven in her graduating class.

I went out for football and basketball there. Couldn't crack the starting lineup
in either one. :)

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 01:38 AM

I went out for football and basketball there. Couldn't crack the starting lineup

:salute:

Poet
07-28-2017, 01:39 AM
I hope we have 4 franchise QB's.

#Imabetterfanthankinger

Well, the franchise has four QB's...maybe more.

:lol:

Simple Jaded
07-28-2017, 01:46 AM
Well, the franchise has four QB's...maybe more.

:lol:

All we need is 4, let's not get greedy.

WARHORSE
07-28-2017, 03:41 AM

I dont care WHO pans out as long as SOMEONE does. BUT.....I like the kid alot and he'd be a great story should he turn out to be a quality gunslinger.

Not to mention............the kid runs vewy fawst.

Ive had some short conversations with him.......hes a competitor.

Poet
07-28-2017, 03:48 AM
I dont care WHO pans out as long as SOMEONE does. BUT.....I like the kid alot and he'd be a great story should he turn out to be a quality gunslinger.

Not to mention............the kid runs vewy fawst.

Ive had some short conversations with him.......hes a competitor.

I care who pans out because you can pan out and be an average player (different expectations for different players) or pan out and be Aaron Rodgers.

I understand the sentiment, though, WH, and your point is well taken, sir.

Freyaka
07-28-2017, 09:13 AM
All we need is 4, let's not get greedy.

We may only need 4, but you seem to be forgetting the best QB we have on our roster, Riley Dixon.

ShaneFalco
07-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Sloter looks like a twig compared to Big Boss Siemian

WARHORSE
07-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Sloter looks like a twig compared to Big Boss Siemian

Tebow makes Siemian look like a fig.....your point?

;)

chazoe60
08-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Sloter was our best QB tonight.

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Sloter was our best QB tonight.

No question.

Caveats presumed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 10:21 PM
No question.

Caveats presumed.

His footwork is a ahead of Lynch, and he appears to have the most arm talent of the 3.

Obviously he's playing against fringe guys and a vanilla D, but man...

topscribe
08-10-2017, 10:22 PM
That's "Sloter." From my alma mater. Don't underestimate him . . .

ShaneFalco
08-10-2017, 10:25 PM
The sloterhouse

killin bears and takin names

Cugel
08-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Well, at least you were athletic enough to make the team! That was never a consideration for me. I was the kid picked last for teams, at least in basketball.

7DnBrnc53
08-10-2017, 10:41 PM
His footwork is a ahead of Lynch, and he appears to have the most arm talent of the 3.

Obviously he's playing against fringe guys and a vanilla D, but man...

On another forum, someone said that Lynch has no hope of starting Week 1 now. Siemian should, but Sloter should be 2nd string, and he should play by the end of the year. The Paxton Lynch experiment may be over.

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 10:43 PM
On another forum, someone said that Lynch has no hope of starting Week 1 now. Siemian should, but Sloter should be 2nd string, and he should play by the end of the year. The Paxton Lynch experiment may be over.

It's not too early to cut bait on Lynch.

Nomad
08-10-2017, 10:44 PM
He does have a strong arm, and I've seen him put it into some tight holes.

Good assessment...spot on.

Tned
08-10-2017, 10:45 PM

Anyone that's followed the Broncos, or NFL in general, knows the danger in reading too much into a third string QB having a good outing in the 4th quarter of game one of the preseason.

I liked what I saw, but I wouldn't crown him yet.

Plus, I have it on good authority that as an undrafted free agent he has a very low ceiling.

Timmy!
08-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Solid showing, but lol. He's #3 boys, and there he will stay, at least in 2017.

Nomad
08-10-2017, 10:48 PM

Just giving him an attaboy.

Tned
08-10-2017, 10:49 PM

In '18, it will be:

Kelly
Siemian
Sloter

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Sloter looked the part.

Cugel
08-10-2017, 11:00 PM
That's "Sloter." From my alma mater. Don't underestimate him . . .

I totally underestimated him because I never heard of him. I don't think the Broncos thought much of him either. He was sort of throwing mud against the wall to see if it sticks. He's just is one of those guys who come in and suddenly play like a ten year veteran. Some guys come out of nowhere, seize their chance and never look back.

I'm not saying Sloter is definitely that guy yet. After all he was going up against guys who will not be in the NFL in a few weeks time. But still, the difference in team presence was just striking.

Cecil Lammey just said that one guy looked like a guy trying not to lose the starting job, and one guy who doesn't want it in Paxton, and then Kyle Sloter who looked like the best QB on the roster.

aberdien
08-10-2017, 11:01 PM
He needs a better jersey number before I can endorse him.

7DnBrnc53
08-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Anyone that's followed the Broncos, or NFL in general, knows the danger in reading too much into a third string QB having a good outing in the 4th quarter of game one of the preseason.

I liked what I saw, but I wouldn't crown him yet.

Plus, I have it on good authority that as an undrafted free agent he has a very low ceiling.

It's not just Sloter's performance. Lynch hasn't really improved at all from last year. If he sucks again against SF, and Sloter plays well, I don't know how you can keep Lynch at #2. Lynch hasn't done anything of value on an NFL field yet (if ever).

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 11:02 PM
He needs a better jersey number before I can endorse him.

Like what? αΩ?

Hawgdriver
08-10-2017, 11:03 PM
It's not just Sloter's performance. Lynch hasn't really improved at all from last year. If he sucks again against SF, and Sloter plays well, I don't know how you can keep Lynch at #2. Lynch hasn't done anything of value on an NFL field yet (if ever).

He won an NFL game.

aberdien
08-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Like what? αΩ?

I will accept that. Let's get it done.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 11:38 PM

JFC, he's been in the NFL for 15 months.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2017, 11:40 PM
I totally underestimated him because I never heard of him. I don't think the Broncos thought much of him either. He was sort of throwing mud against the wall to see if it sticks. He's just is one of those guys who come in and suddenly play like a ten year veteran. Some guys come out of nowhere, seize their chance and never look back.

I'm not saying Sloter is definitely that guy yet. After all he was going up against guys who will not be in the NFL in a few weeks time. But still, the difference in team presence was just striking.

Cecil Lammey just said that one guy looked like a guy trying not to lose the starting job, and one guy who doesn't want it in Paxton, and then Kyle Sloter who looked like the best QB on the roster.

Lammey is a ******* fraud, dude, plus he works for the Fox News of sports talk radio, you need to stop quoting him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2017, 11:43 PM
In '18, it will be:

Kelly
Siemian
Sloter

I think Siemian might get traded next offseason. Lynch won't garner anything if he can't at least move the offense

7DnBrnc53
08-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Lammey is a ******* fraud, dude, plus he works for the Fox News of sports talk radio, you need to stop quoting him.

Lammey may be off a lot of the time (I don't know because I don't listen to him much), but I think that he is correct on this one.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Lammey may be off a lot of the time (I don't know because I don't listen to him much), but I think that he is correct on this one.

You're saying you think Lynch doesn't want the starting job? Cause that's what Fraud said.

Freyaka
08-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Coaching staff already very clearly stated after the game tonight that Kyle Sloter is not in consideration for the starting job. A. that's a mistake B. I don't think he got that memo.

Magnificent Seven
08-11-2017, 01:11 AM
If Sloter still playing like this.... he could steal # 2 spot in Broncos' depth chart. Knock Lynch down to # 3. Let's find out after 3 or 4 games.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2017, 01:19 AM
McAnus should give Sloter his number out of respect.

Timmy!
08-11-2017, 05:25 AM
I'm gonna hang myself.

7DnBrnc53
08-11-2017, 06:40 AM
You're saying you think Lynch doesn't want the starting job? Cause that's what Fraud said.

No, I think that Lammey is correct about everything except the "Paxton doesn't want it" part. We don't really know. He may want it too much, and might be trying too hard.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-11-2017, 08:04 AM
No, I think that Lammey is correct about everything except the "Paxton doesn't want it" part. We don't really know. He may want it too much, and might be trying too hard.

Yes, he might be pressing. That was evident when he ran with the ball to gain 2 yards instead of dumping it to Latimer.

topscribe
08-11-2017, 09:09 AM

I liked what Tned said about reserving one's opinion about a third-string QB's performance in preseason.
Sloter pretty much tore it up in college. But that was college, and not Division 1. His having played for
my alma mater has my heart tugging for him, but my head says no at this point. But it is always
possible he could become a good backup QB. Maybe more, but there's always doubt.

topscribe
08-11-2017, 09:13 AM
I think Siemian might get traded next offseason. Lynch won't garner anything if he can't at least move the offense
It's possible, but I don't think so. In Siemian, it appears that the Broncos at least have their
backup QB. I don't see Lynch accepting anything less, and if Kelly happens to beat them
both out next year, I see Lynch being traded. Sloter? Probably PS this year, and the future
is impossible to predict for him at this point.

Cugel
08-11-2017, 10:22 AM

He's not a fraud. He's just a normal sports reporter. Sometimes he spouts nonsense. Sometimes not. I don't know of one Sports writer outside of Lombardi who works for NFL network who doesn't spout complete gibberish sometimes.

This wasn't one of those times. Both Trevor and Paxton looked like a couple of sheep afraid of getting shorn of their wool out there. Trevor looked like he was thinking "Jesus! Paxton sure is sucking it up out there! I've got this in the bag if I just don't turn the ball over." And Paxton looked like he was thinking "Jesus! I so should have stuck to beach volleyball!"

Cugel
08-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I'd say that's about a 90% probability at this point. Neither of these guys looked as good as Trebisky and that guy's a total rookie! If we project Trevor's performance forward, based on what we've seen so far this off-season, it's not going to be a happy year to be a Broncos fan.

We might as well admit it: Paxton ain't got it and Trevor? Trevor doesn't appear to have it either. Kyle Sloter might have it. Chad Kelly might have it, and the rookie QB Elway will draft in 2018 might have it. We'll have to wait and see.

But, the two guys we've got on the active roster Game 1 of the regular season? Not so much.

Cugel
08-11-2017, 10:30 AM
It's possible, but I don't think so. In Siemian, it appears that the Broncos at least have their
backup QB. I don't see Lynch accepting anything less, and if Kelly happens to beat them
both out next year, I see Lynch being traded. Sloter? Probably PS this year, and the future

As for Sloter, he's definitely for the practice squad - IF they can get him through waivers. What if he comes out in the 4th pre-season game and lights it up? They might have to put Chad Kelly on IR and keep Sloter on the 53 man roster. That is NOT the plan, and I doubt Vance Joseph wants to do that. But, you can't put Paxton on the PS, he's not eligible.

They want to go with 2 QBs on the active roster, and an emergency QB on the PS. But, that might not be possible if other teams see what Sloter can do and snatch him off waivers.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-11-2017, 10:34 AM

Denver will lose Sloter if they try to stash him on the practice squad. IMHO they will stash Kelly on IR and Sloter will be #3

topscribe
08-11-2017, 10:35 AM
As for Sloter, he's definitely for the practice squad - IF they can get him through waivers. What if he comes out in the 4th pre-season game and lights it up? They might have to put Chad Kelly on IR and keep Sloter on the 53 man roster. That is NOT the plan, and I doubt Vance Joseph wants to do that. But, you can't put Paxton on the PS, he's not eligible.

They want to go with 2 QBs on the active roster, and an emergency QB on the PS. But, that might not be possible if other teams see what Sloter can do and snatch him off waivers.
Good comment. I was thinking PS for Sloter before the game, but after his performance he indeed
may not clear waivers. Lynch would be out of the question for PS, even if he was eligible. He most
definitely would not make it through waivers. If Sloter continues to light it up, I believe they will
have to make room for him on the 53.

chazoe60
08-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Did anyone else notice during a break, can't remember if it was coming back from commercial or what, but Sloter was absolutely commanding the huddle. I commented to my wife at the time how much better he looked at that part of the game than the other two.

Joel
08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
He's not a fraud. He's just a normal sports reporter.
Make up your mind, dude.... ;)

VonDoom
08-11-2017, 12:42 PM

How do you know that was "the plan"? I always figured they'd keep three QB's on the 53 (they did last year), especially if we're worried about Siemian being fragile. The clearest path to that was always stashing Kelly on IR and keeping Sloter around. And that was before he looked like a real QB last night.

BroncoJoe
08-11-2017, 12:47 PM

Garbage.

Sloter isn't going to the PS, and Kelly is going to IR. We'll carry 3 QB's on the 53. Sloter will be inactive during games most likely.

What is this "plan" you're referring to?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Did anyone else notice during a break, can't remember if it was coming back from commercial or what, but Sloter was absolutely commanding the huddle. I commented to my wife at the time how much better he looked at that part of the game than the other two.

I noticed the way he was commanding the formations at the line of scrimmage, but with a similar conclusion. He looks really comfortable for a rookie.

WARHORSE
08-11-2017, 02:13 PM
When you watched the three playing last night as a Bronco fan and youre being honest with yourself.......which QB passed the eye test?

And then they say Kyle has no shot at being the starter.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKqoUE0zFMo

My man was BALLIN.

Just third string preseason.......but it is what it is......

BeefStew25
08-11-2017, 03:05 PM

I did not see it, but that's the crap that matters. Semen and Lynch seem a little aloof in that aspect.

Jsteve01
08-11-2017, 08:22 PM

I did not see it, but that's the crap that matters. Semen and Lynch seem a little aloof in that aspect. agreed. And I just love the story about Kyle. Getting a chance at his first school and then having his coach fired. Moving in to wide receiver. Transferring having to sit out a year. Coming in when another quarterback gets injured and throwing for seven touchdowns in his first Collegiate start. Even the stuff about having to run in gym shoes and all that kind of stuff. I'm just really impressed with the kid. I don't think there's any way barring injury that he's the starter for the Broncos this year, but given his physical attributes combined with the ball he throws. And then toss out the fact that as other people stated he really gets the quarterback position from a leadership standpoint there's no way you let that kid slip off without a few years in the system to see what he can really do. And absolutely no way after last night's game that some quarterback Hunter team like say the Bears who have Mark Sanchez's there third-stringer don't snatch him up if you try and slip in through waivers

Timmy!
08-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Raise your hand if you saw him play any games in college. Hell, most people cant even name the conference he played in.

Joel
08-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Raise your hand if you saw him play any games in college. Hell, most people cant even name the conference he played in.
Yeah, but the point is that was DESPITE his ability, not because of it.

How is it any reflection on Sloters playing ability that the coach who recruited him to start got fired before he ever played a down, so the new coach switched to a completely different offense and recruited his own "guy" to run it? Or that he lunchpailed it by moving to #3 WR just to stay on the field, only to see the team switch offenses AGAIN and eliminate the #3 WR from their starting lineup completely? So he transfers to an entirely different school—but his CREDITS DON'T, so he spends that spring and early summer making up classes while all the other QBs are learning the playbook, their teammates' names and wowwing the coaches on the practice field.

None of that proves he CAN play at an NFL level, but writing him off because he spent most of college as a backup at third tier schools would be a mistake.

Simple Jaded
08-12-2017, 06:02 PM
He's not a fraud. He's just a normal sports reporter. Sometimes he spouts nonsense. Sometimes not. I don't know of one Sports writer outside of Lombardi who works for NFL network who doesn't spout complete gibberish sometimes.

This wasn't one of those times. Both Trevor and Paxton looked like a couple of sheep afraid of getting shorn of their wool out there. Trevor looked like he was thinking "Jesus! Paxton sure is sucking it up out there! I've got this in the bag if I just don't turn the ball over." And Paxton looked like he was thinking "Jesus! I so should have stuck to beach volleyball!"
He's a fantasy football geek that tries to pass himself off as an 'insider' because he got Combine/Bowl Game media credentials from a radio station. He plagiarizes every draft analyst out there.

topscribe
08-12-2017, 06:09 PM
He's a fantasy football geek that tries to pass himself off as an 'insider' because he got Combine/Bowl Game media credentials from a radio station. He plagiarizes every draft analyst out there.
Since Lammey attended the same school as I (well, a few centuries later), I have kind of favored him,
mostly out of bias. But I wasn't crazy how he has pounded the table for Lynch because Lynch has a
strong arm. I think Fantasy Football has had its effect on him . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2017, 06:25 PM

Timmy has a point here! Hey Timmy, what's your point?

Joel
08-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Timmy has a point here! Hey Timmy, what's your point?

Yeah, but the point is that was DESPITE his ability, not because of it.
Don't make me tap the screen again! ;)

Valar Morghulis
08-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Just watched the game..... I saw nothing other than a nice through for a wide open td

Simple Jaded
08-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Just watched the game..... I saw nothing other than a nice through for a wide open td

You didn't see #14?

Simple Jaded
08-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Since Lammey attended the same school as I (well, a few centuries later), I have kind of favored him,
mostly out of bias. But I wasn't crazy how he has pounded the table for Lynch because Lynch has a
strong arm. I think Fantasy Football has had its effect on him . . .

He used to be one of my favorites, especially when he started talking about things he saw/heard at these bowls/combines, but these days he's drunk off the smell of his own stench. If all it takes to be a "scout" is a few years and media credentials let's not pretend it's all that difficult.

Plus, his opinion is malleable to say the least.

Simple Jaded
08-12-2017, 07:07 PM
The fact is, Lammey was wrong about Lynch (and Siemian) and it's a blow to his massive ego. Maybe he should start forming his own opinion.

Valar Morghulis
08-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Throw