PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller and Mom: Through Thick and Thin - NFL Films Presents

Cugel
05-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Perhaps some one of you has already posted this, and if so, sorry, but I just saw it for the first time, and thought it was worth a share:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmA43u3NQfA

It's quite a wonderful story. Guy has really come a long way.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Thanks for posting. It was a wonderful story.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2017, 10:21 PM
I couldn't watch it. YouTube removed it.

FanInAZ
05-17-2017, 10:32 PM

"Watch this video on YouTube" is a link.

Hawgdriver
05-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Von's mom sounds like my wife. :lol:

Cugel
05-17-2017, 11:30 PM

Apparently, Youtube doesn't allow embedded video but you can easily click on the link and watch it on Youtube.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Apparently, Youtube doesn't allow embedded video but you can easily click on the link and watch it on Youtube.
I'll give it a go

Hawgdriver
05-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Best NFL vid I've seen in a while. Von is the man.

Spiritguy
05-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Apparently, Youtube doesn't allow embedded video but you can easily click on the link and watch it on Youtube. It's the NFL that doesn't allow their youtube stuff to be embedded. smdh. Must be clicks on their acct for profit.

Cugel
05-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Best NFL vid I've seen in a while. Von is the man.

I watched a highlight reel of his on Youtube. Now, normally highlight reels are impressive. They are the best plays a player has made after all and might not be at all representative of his normal play. But, with Von, his highlights are simply unbelievable. You watch them and still can't figure out how he managed to do what he does.

Just ask Mike Remmers who will always be remembered as "the guy Von Miller torched in the SB in order to cause two fumbles that decided the game." It wasn't even his fault. The Vikings just gave him a 5 year, $30 M contract to play LT for them, so it isn't seen in NFL circles as a problem. It's just that Von is the most athletic LB in the NFL since Derrick Thomas. And before that you have to go back to Lawrence Taylor.

Hawgdriver
05-19-2017, 04:49 PM
I watched a highlight reel of his on Youtube. Now, normally highlight reels are impressive. They are the best plays a player has made after all and might not be at all representative of his normal play. But, with Von, his highlights are simply unbelievable. You watch them and still can't figure out how he managed to do what he does.

Just ask Mike Remmers who will always be remembered as "the guy Von Miller torched in the SB in order to cause two fumbles that decided the game." It wasn't even his fault. The Vikings just gave him a 5 year, $30 M contract to play LT for them, so it isn't seen in NFL circles as a problem. It's just that Von is the most athletic LB in the NFL since Derrick Thomas. And before that you have to go back to Lawrence Taylor.

I agree. We are lucky to have him.

Nomad
05-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Go Von!! Glad and proud he's a BRONCO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-19-2017, 06:47 PM
The way Von plays in space reminds me a lot more of Lawrence Taylor than DT. DT played primarily with his hand in the dirt.

Poet
05-19-2017, 08:03 PM
He's a better pass rusher than either of them. LT went up against blocking tight ends for his prime years. DT played behind Smith, and needed him for a lot of help. Von Miller makes plays by himself. He's also better against the run than either of them, and can play some coverage. He's going to go down as the greatest pass rushing LB of all time. He's already a Hall of Famer in my eyes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-19-2017, 08:27 PM
He's a better pass rusher than either of them. LT went up against blocking tight ends for his prime years. DT played behind Smith, and needed him for a lot of help. Von Miller makes plays by himself. He's also better against the run than either of them, and can play some coverage. He's going to go down as the greatest pass rushing LB of all time. He's already a Hall of Famer in my eyes.
This post looks ridiculous at first glance, yet it might very well be true.

Poet
05-19-2017, 08:30 PM
This post looks ridiculous at first glance, yet it might very well be true.

It is true, though. I don't like trying to minimize legends, but a lot of LT's sacks came against teams that literally used TE's to block guys on the edge. He just abused them. DT was a one trick pony -this is fine because that's what his job was- but Smith was one of the best DL in the entire game. Yeah, I'm talking up my guy a lot, but the other two are either addicts or selfish ****** who were too stupid to wear a seatbelt. **** them both.

Cugel
05-26-2017, 09:59 PM
It is true, though. I don't like trying to minimize legends, but a lot of LT's sacks came against teams that literally used TE's to block guys on the edge. He just abused them. DT was a one trick pony -this is fine because that's what his job was- but Smith was one of the best DL in the entire game. Yeah, I'm talking up my guy a lot, but the other two are either addicts or selfish ****** who were too stupid to wear a seatbelt. **** them both.

All TEs could block better back in the day since there weren't any purely pass-catching TEs who don't like to block like Julius Thomas. But, it's true Von Miller is looking like an eventual Hall of Famer so far in his career.

He probably wouldn't get in if he retired today, but after another 5 years or so? Certainly if he continues to play as well as he has.