PDA

View Full Version : Red Miller elected to Broncos' Ring of Fame

VonDoom
05-04-2017, 03:22 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Forty years ago, Red Miller became the Broncos' head coach -- and forever changed the trajectory of the franchise.

One Broncos first after another happened on Miller's watch. The first playoff appearance. The first division title. The first postseason win. The first Super Bowl appearance. The first back-to-back division titles. The first run of three consecutive playoff seasons.

For those accomplishments, Miller now has an honor he richly deserves: enshrinement into the Denver Broncos' Ring of Fame. Miller will become the 32nd member of the prestigious group.

"The Broncos have a proud championship history, and the person who helped start that winning tradition was Red Miller,” Broncos President & CEO Joe Ellis said. “So many of our franchise’s 'firsts' happened with Red as our head coach, most notably our first Super Bowl appearance back in 1977. It’s the 40th anniversary of that Super Bowl XII team coached by Red, and that makes his Ring of Fame selection this year even more special."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Prolific-head-coach-Red-Miller-elected-into-Broncos-Ring-of-Fame/8b889ffd-ba67-4c29-939f-6ed454f241d0

I'm too young to remember him as a coach, but from everything I hear, he deserves to be in the Ring of Fame.

VonDoom
05-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Red Miller will be the 32nd member of the #Broncos Ring of Fame. Last time Broncos inducted only 1 person in a year was 2015: Pat Bowlen.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Great job by the Ring of Fame committee to get deserving guys from the 1960s-1980s in since 2014: Mingo, Upchurch, Reeves, Fletcher, Miller.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Joe Collier, Miller's defensive coordinator and the architect of the Orange Crush defense, is one of 6 ROF committee members.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Red Miller: "Hearing that great news from Joe & the rest of the committee brought back so many memories from those special seasons w/ DEN."

NightTrainLayne
05-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Half a loaf is better than none I suppose.

OrangeHoof
05-05-2017, 02:47 PM
I watched a film of the Boston Patriots' first official AFL season from 1960 which had Lou Saban as head coach and there, looking over Saban's shoulder, was "line coach Bob Miller". Joe Collier was in the film also.

BroncoJoe
05-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Half a loaf is better than none I suppose.

That wasn't Red Miller, was it?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-05-2017, 03:30 PM
That wasn't Red Miller, was it?

It was Lou Sabin

BroncoJoe
05-05-2017, 03:39 PM
It was Lou Sabin

That's what I thought.

I have reverend status for Red Miller. He really started the roll we've been on for the past 40 years.

VonDoom
05-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala now38 seconds ago

Broncos tentatively set to induct Red Miller into Ring of Fame and present Terrell Davis with HOF ring during 11/19 game against Bengals

BroncoNut
05-23-2017, 03:17 PM
always liked him in Sanford and Son. was unaware he was a gridiron warrior. pretty cool