Anthony Nash, WR, Duke
Marcus Rios, CB, UCLA
Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado
Shakir Soto, DL, Pittsburgh
Orion Stewart, DB, Baylor
Dymonte Thomas, S, Michigan

NightTerror218
05-01-2017, 03:51 PM
I only have heard of a couple of thwae guys or seen play. Anyone know much about them?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-01-2017, 03:59 PM
some things from article

Sloter and his family watched all three days of the NFL Draft in his hometown of Atlanta to see the quarterback market take shape. He knew Saturday morning that he'd have a team later that day. The Broncos, Green Bay Packers, Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders called him to express interest.

Denver made contact again with 15 picks remaining in the draft. The Broncos held the last pick and they told Sloter they would probably make him "Mr. Irrelevant," as that distinction has come to be known. About five minutes after that, Sloter's phone rang again. It was Denver, again.

"They said they wouldn't be (drafting me)," Sloter said. "But they were still really high on me."

The Broncos instead took Kelly, the former Ole Miss quarterback, with the last pick. Sloter and Kelly will eventually compete for a spot on Denver's roster, but for now, the Broncos' third quarterback job is Sloter's.

Sloter will be the only quarterback in the Broncos' rookie minicamp while Kelly recuperates from his injuries; Denver told Sloter it won't sign another undrafted quarterback.

He already has some familiarity with the Broncos' offensive staff. Denver quarterbacks coach Bill Musgrave is the former coach of D.J. Shockley, who was Sloter's quarterbacks coach in high school. Musgrave, like Sloter, is from Atlanta.

Sloter has completed the coursework for his finance degree, which he'll soon get in the mail, and took his last final Tuesday. The Broncos signed him to a three-year preferred undrafted free agent contract that includes a signing bonus. That's an atypical contract, and it shows how highly Denver values him.

On Wednesday, Sloter will fly to Denver to put pen to paper and make the deal official. Then the real work begins.

"They told me they felt like they got the best undrafted quarterback in the country," Sloter said. "It just felt like a really good fit and a really good situation."

full article - http://www.greeleytribune.com/sports/former-unc-quarterback-kyle-sloter-signs-with-denver-broncos-as-undrafted-free-agent/

Hawgdriver
05-01-2017, 04:02 PM
These 4 young qbs on the roster are fascinating.

Hawgdriver
05-01-2017, 04:02 PM
I hope one of them makes me forget the others.

FanInAZ
05-01-2017, 07:27 PM
So, we’re now going into training camp with 4 QBs on our roster.

1 with 2 years of experience, 14 starts & 15 appearances.

1 with 1 year of experience, 2 starts & 3 appearances.

1 with no experience who was the last player drafted.

1 with no experience who was undrafted.

:confused:

FanInAZ
05-01-2017, 07:28 PM
These 4 young qbs on the roster are fascinating.

Beat me to the punch.

WARHORSE
05-01-2017, 08:58 PM
I hope one of them makes me forget the others.

I hope they all show very well. Four franchise QBs on the same roster.....who'd a thunkit?

;)

Simple Jaded
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I like Kyle Sloter and Anthony Nash, which means they'll both be gone by OTA's.

OrangeHoof
05-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Is it Slow-ter or Slot-ter?

G_Money
05-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Is it Slow-ter or Slot-ter?

It's Slow-ter. John's really taking this diamond-in-the-rough QB search thing seriously. Lotta talented QBs, lotta rough patches.

VonDoom
05-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I didn't know anything about Sloter, but I saw this linked from the Orange Mane, and it's a pretty crazy story. This stuff must happen all the time and leave talented guys looking for playing time in college. If Kelly goes off the rails (or if we stash him on IR for the year), I could see Sloter making the roster:

http://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/the-surreal-story-of-2017-nfl-draft-qb-prospect-kyle-sloter/

Denver Native (Carol)
05-02-2017, 12:19 PM
from the article I posted yesterday:

"Sloter has completed the coursework for his finance degree, which he'll soon get in the mail, and took his last final Tuesday. The Broncos signed him to a three-year preferred undrafted free agent contract that includes a signing bonus. That's an atypical contract, and it shows how highly Denver values him"

Apparently, this is not offered to very many UFAs. Would it make sense to give Sloter this, just to cut him?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2017, 12:20 PM
from the article I posted yesterday:

"Sloter has completed the coursework for his finance degree, which he'll soon get in the mail, and took his last final Tuesday. The Broncos signed him to a three-year preferred undrafted free agent contract that includes a signing bonus. That's an atypical contract, and it shows how highly Denver values him"

Apparently, this is not offered to very many UFAs. Would it make sense to give Sloter this, just to cut him?

I'm just roughly going from memory, but probably half of the UFA's get a signing bonus. We'll see what happens

Jsteve01
05-02-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm just roughly going from memory, but probably half of the UFA's get a signing bonus. We'll see what happens

not just that but the three year deal. Most are on a one year hitch

slim
05-02-2017, 05:40 PM

It is unusual, butt I don't think the additional years mean much.

NightTerror218
05-02-2017, 06:00 PM
I think the chad kelly draft is to see what he can do ai ce he was still on board. But i think he is cut in first set of cuts.

slim
05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I think the chad kelly draft is to see what he can do ai ce he was still on board. But i think he is cut in first set of cuts.

If he goes to work he will make the team.

OrangeHoof
05-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Probably voidable years. What leverage do they have?

VonDoom
05-02-2017, 06:07 PM

I'm pretty sure all UDFA sign three year deals at league minimum.

Undrafted free agents sign three-year contracts for the rookie minimum, which starts at $465,000 annually. The minimum salary has built-in increases each year, so a player like Tennessee State offensive lineman Jessamen Dunker, who signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent, will sign a three-year, $1.665 million contract.

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/04/whats_the_difference_between_an_undrafted_free_age .html

WARHORSE
05-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Kyle Sloters tape looks WAY better than Siemians. Never seen him before but theres alot of film on him. CANNON for an arm, good chance biggest arm in camp.
Very poised. Passes for huge chunks. 20 yard out on a rope is childsplay.

I LOVE his tape. He could be a huge steal from what I see.

Jsteve01
05-03-2017, 12:50 AM
to put this in perspective. Paxton threw 59 last year. If you read the pretty cool article that was posted about sloter earlier his pro day numbers were ridiculous period he threw it 58 with little prep. Here are the numbers from the quarterbacks at the combine this year

CJ Beathard, Iowa, 55 (Left), 52 (Right)

Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee 51 (Left), 50 (Right)

Jerod Evans, Virginia Tech 50 (Left), 51 (Right)

Brad Kaaya, Miami, 48 (Left), 47 (Right)

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame, 52 (Left), 52 (Right)

Trevor Knight, Texas A&M, 55 (Left), 53 (Right)

Mitch Leidner, Minnesota, 53 (Left), 52 (Right)

Sefo Liufau, Colorado, 46 (Left), 44 (Right)

Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech, 55 (Left), 55 (Right)

Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh, 49 (Left), 49 (Right)

Cooper Rush, Central Michigan, 45 (Left), 46 (Right)

Seth Russell, Baylor, 52 (Left), 49 (Right)

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina, 51 (Left), 50 (Right)

Deshaun Watson, Clemson, 45 (Left), 45 (Right)

Davis Webb, California, 56 (Left), 54 (Right)

Jsteve01
05-03-2017, 01:03 AM
oh my goodness. I know it's FCS but man some of those throws he made

WARHORSE
05-03-2017, 01:38 AM
There are some great reads on this kid. No wonder Denver gave him three years. I LOVE what I saw on tape for a single year player. Read his story!

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/kyle-sloter/

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2017/4/10/15237358/2017-nfl-draft-a-diamond-qb-in-the-rough-northern-colorados-kyle-sloter-a-game-changer-steelers

BroncoJoe
05-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Sloter will be the #3. I bet Kelly will go on IR.

CoachChaz
05-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Sloter will be the #3. I bet Kelly will go on IR.

Predicting future injury? Current ones should be good to go by camp.

Poet
05-03-2017, 11:11 AM
WTF is up with Watson's arm?

BroncoJoe
05-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Predicting future injury? Current ones should be good to go by camp.

Definitely not. It was discussed on a local station - which I normally take with a grain of sand - but it made sense, considering his wrist and leg injury. He needs a redshirt year.

slim
05-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Definitely not. It was discussed on a local station - which I normally take with a grain of sand - but it made sense, considering his wrist and leg injury. He needs a redshirt year.

Do you also take your eggs with a grain of sand?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-03-2017, 12:41 PM
WTF is up with Watson's arm?

He was flanked

Poet
05-03-2017, 12:42 PM
That was a high quality post.

DenBronx
05-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Who is most likely to make the team out of the UDFAs?

VonDoom
05-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Who is most likely to make the team out of the UDFAs?

As I said, depending on what we do with Kelly this year, Sloter has a chance as the QB3. I would also just guess, not knowing anything about these guys, that Banderas out of Nebraska has a shot. He plays ILB, and I still think our depth there is weak. I could see him making it if he shows something in TC.

BroncoJoe
05-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Do you also take your eggs with a grain of sand?

I debated between salt and sand. Sand seemed better for some reason. Not sure why.

Oh, and DON'T SASS ME, BITCH!

BroncoJoe
05-03-2017, 02:34 PM
That was a high quality post.

Thanks.

VonDoom
05-03-2017, 03:09 PM
There are some great reads on this kid. No wonder Denver gave him three years. I LOVE what I saw on tape for a single year player. Read his story!

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/kyle-sloter/

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2017/4/10/15237358/2017-nfl-draft-a-diamond-qb-in-the-rough-northern-colorados-kyle-sloter-a-game-changer-steelers

I had seen this about two weeks ago, but forgot all about it. Mike Tanier at Bleacher Report did a column on "best kept secrets" in the draft - Sloter is the QB he mentions:

"I saw draft charts where there were 250 quarterbacks listed, and he wasn't one of them," Fairchild said.

That was before Fairchild tightened Sloter's delivery and unleashed him on scouts at Colorado. But Fairchild stressed that Sloter, whose Northern Colorado offense is more NFL-like than most of the ones we watch on autumn Saturdays, is much more than a big athlete who had a good workout.

"He can make every throw," Fairchild said. "He did it in on the pro day. He's shown he can do it off pocket movement. It's not just take five steps, set and throw to your primary. He can readjust his target line, his launch point."

Working in an NFL-friendly system helps, too.

"He's been under center," Fairchild said. "He's had to drop back. He changes protections. I'm not saying he's NFL-ready, but he's a lot further down the path than some of these guys."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2703661-best-kept-secrets-of-the-nfl-draft

Simple Jaded
05-20-2017, 02:54 PM
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/orion-stewart-vs-texas-tech-2015/

Rahim The Dream Moore's critics will love Orion Stewart, I got to the second play of the game before I lost interest.

Nomad
05-20-2017, 03:07 PM

Rahim The Dream Moore's critics will love Orion Stewart, I got to the second play of the game before I lost interest.

Rahim Moore......that's chazoe's boy. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-20-2017, 03:26 PM

This was totally uncalled for. 😆

Simple Jaded
05-20-2017, 04:03 PM
This was totally uncalled for. ��

If only Stewart could wear #26.

Simple Jaded
05-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Btw, I would avoid drafting/signing players from Baylor for a few years, just to be safe.

Slick
05-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Btw, I would avoid drafting/signing players from Baylor for a few years, just to be safe.

A top 5 program in Waco Texas? Didn't pass the smell test.

Simple Jaded
05-20-2017, 06:44 PM
A top 5 program in Waco Texas? Didn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, seems like 1 out of 5 athletes there has raped someone, the depth of that cesspool keeps getting deeper.

I love their new HC, btw, he'll turn it into one of my favorites.

Joel
05-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Baylor's not good for much except entertainment, like when they banned the Marching Owl Band from the stadium for marching out in the formation of the Playboy bunny after Baylor expelled a student for posing in "Girls of the SWC" (which tells you how long ago that was.) Probably ought to avoid their law students for a while, too: Anyone who believes consensual sex a felony but gang rape legal is not a competent attorney. ;)