PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2017 Draftday(s) Thread: 04/27-04/29

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

sneakers
04-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Who will the broncos pick?

How many people will watch more than 5 minutes of the Draft?

Who will get really excited about an UFA rookie only to forget about him 3 days later?

Who will be the first long snapper drafted?

underrated29
04-26-2017, 11:12 PM
I plan to watch as much as possible

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 01:28 AM
Hey, I'm thinking about hitting a local sportsbar if any of you townies on the south side wanna grab some beverages. Plans are open so PM or hit me in the thread here.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 01:33 AM
I think Reuben Foster is going to be the next Bronco.

WARHORSE
04-27-2017, 01:54 AM
I think Reuben Foster is going to be the next Bronco.

That would be a splash I would thoroughly enjoy.

It would mean we move up for sure which I think will happen....Broncos arent bringing in 10 players. I think we move from our spot.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 02:20 AM
It really doesn't mean we move up at all, plenty mocks have Reuben going after we pick, if he slips the way some expect him too because of the urine sample at the combine he will be right there at 20.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 02:27 AM
It's finally here though, time to start getting better this evening! 3 of the picks are in round 7 so we really don't have this ton of picks like some people think. They'll be lucky if one of the 3 7 rounders stick. Besides the Broncos do have alpt of holes, I'm not falling into the trap of thinking we are just a couple of pieces away when we have holes at WR, need 2 TE, need another RB, ILB, and they definitely need to take about 3 swings on the OL. We need every last one of the actual 7 picks we have, of course I say 7 because the final 3 are all in round 7 and nobody is kicking down the door for those picks and it's smarter to swing on all 3 and hope 1 sticks. It is time for elway to draft 7-8 guy's who contributes or ends up contributing after striking out on so many picks.

Valar Morghulis
04-27-2017, 02:41 AM
I will watch tonight and tomorrow, looking forward to drafting high and trading Paxton......

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 03:00 AM
It really doesn't mean we move up at all, plenty mocks have Reuben going after we pick, if he slips the way some expect him too because of the urine sample at the combine he will be right there at 20.

Yeah, I have him going to Broncos at 20. He could land to a few other teams earlier, probably should, but he didn't when I looked at it as closely as I could. I looked at it with very risk-averse perspective as GM--go with what helps you win now, is a solid pick, and so on. Could go to Bengals, that one makes a lot of sense. Then again to Saints or Indy. Then there is this scrum of value meets impact near the middle of the round. It's close. Hard to know how much they are concerned with the shoulder.

Jsteve01
04-27-2017, 07:09 AM
I've done an about-face on the tackle position. I really felt like okay most of these guys aren't as talented as in years past or actually not necessarily I think all three of them are very talented but they have big red flags and limited starter experience for Ryan and Garrett. But the thing that really became clear to me as I evaluated in the past few days was this draft is full of Playmakers on both sides of the ball so if you know you can get value at running back in round 3 and Round 4 and you can pick up a slot receiver like Dede Westbrook on the second or third day then you may have to go tackle early because there is nothing after the first two rounds to be excited about.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 08:12 AM
As much as I want Foster I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is one of the tackles. For reason you just stated, however is ty sambrello is as big and strong as coaches and Denver report's say he is now then elway may just allow his 2nd round pick too have a shot at LT as he was just drafted 2 years ago to be. And I wouldn't be mad at that because I'm about tired of striking out in rounds 2 and 3. Ty always had the talent he just wasn't ready and the injuries stopped him from being able to lift and get stronger, it's impossible to lift when your elbow is ruined lol.

We will know by this evening what the front office and staff thinks of Ty. If there's no Robinson or bolles or Ryan @ 20 then ty it is! And I will absolutely roll with it because I still want to give the kid a shot. Technique can be taught, he has the ability, but he was just weak as ever to be playing against grown men.

The NFL pass rushers are damn near super natural, we have the best in Von Miller and when you see Miller throw and flip a guy like kelce with ONE ARM it just shows you the type of animal you're dealing with in the pro's. Whoever the tackles are going to be will surely be battle tested facing Miller, Ray, Barrett, so the coaches will have an idea of how decent or how terrible out edge blockers will be early.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Hey, I'm thinking about hitting a local sportsbar if any of you townies on the south side wanna grab some beverages. Plans are open so PM or hit me in the thread here.

I'll be in Boise watching. I'll chat with you here bro!

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 10:21 AM
I'll be in Boise watching. I'll chat with you here bro!

werd :werd:

slim
04-27-2017, 10:25 AM
I wonder if FaninAZ is having a draft party?

Davii
04-27-2017, 10:53 AM
(Almost) Anyone here in New Orleans is welcome to come watch at my place.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 01:06 PM

I don't see it, but stranger things have happened. To me, the sweet spot to move up (if we're going to) is around 15. Have to see how the board is falling by then - if QB's are going, it'll push a talented player down.

Plus if we really like Cam Robinson (hypothetically), the rumor is that the Ravens take him at 16. So that would be the time to strike. The uncertainty is what makes watching the draft so much fun, though. Just picked up some beers and my buddy is coming over tonight and watching. Good times!

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 01:13 PM
Okay, who do you think we're looking for?

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago

Plenty of teams want to move back; here's one trying to move up. Broncos exploring options of moving up in draft, per sources.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Some guy on the Orange Mane claims he has "sources" that say we want to trade up for Barnett, but if he's not there, we'll stay put and draft TJ Watt at 20. That would be awful, so I'm hoping that guy is just full of it.

slim
04-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Some guy on the Orange Mane claims he has "sources" that say we want to trade up for Barnett, but if he's not there, we'll stay put and draft TJ Watt at 20. That would be awful, so I'm hoping that guy is just full of it.

Why would that be awful?

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 01:43 PM
All this talk of moving up and if we had just let Oakland win that last meaningless game...we'd be picking in the 15-17 range. Thanks for the parting gift, Kubes!

chazoe60
04-27-2017, 01:48 PM
All this talk of moving up and if we had just let Oakland win that last meaningless game...we'd be picking in the 15-17 range. Thanks for the parting gift, Kubes!

Yeah, damn you Kubes for doing your job and winning an NFL game. We would have much preferred you take the NBA loser tact of falling on your face on purpose.

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Yeah, damn you Kubes for doing your job and winning an NFL game. We would have much preferred you take the NBA loser tact of falling on your face on purpose.

It was a sarcastic comment

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Why would that be awful?

If we're trading up, I want it to be for like Foster or McCaffrey or something. And why would we want Watt at 20? So many bigger needs.

NightTerror218
04-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Many teams looking to trade back. Elway may be able to have a steal move up. Come on 1st and 5th to move up.

Magnificent Seven
04-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Happy NFL Draft Day, Everyone!

10466 10467

NightTerror218
04-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Elway alalways seems to have a player in mi d who he wants but sticks to his board. He wants bolles but if a higher rated player slips he could move up for them. Or trade down for the guy he wants. I am thinking lynch ray and wolfe all had trades involved.two trades up

weazel
04-27-2017, 02:03 PM
I have beers with a buddy for the draft every year.

slim
04-27-2017, 02:10 PM
If we're trading up, I want it to be for like Foster or McCaffrey or something. And why would we want Watt at 20? So many bigger needs.

Oh, well I don't think we should be drafting for need. But that's just me.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Oh, well I don't think we should be drafting for need. But that's just me.

I get that concept but most teams draft BPA to fill a need. I'd have to see what the board is like at 20, but it seems unlikely that Watt would fit that criteria.

MasterShake
04-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Days like this always remind me that while I consider myself a football fan, there are people that are waaay more into it than me. I don't watch College Football outside of a few games, I've played Fantasy Football once, and while the draft interests me I wouldn't even know where to start making a mock draft. Sometimes I watch the first pick but after that I just wait for the text alerts to see who we get in later rounds. I have a coworker who took today off and is having a party to watch it through the weekend. That's dedication!

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Days like this always remind me that while I consider myself a football fan, there are people that are waaay more into it than me. I don't watch College Football outside of a few games, I've played Fantasy Football once, and while the draft interests me I wouldn't even know where to start making a mock draft. Sometimes I watch the first pick but after that I just wait for the text alerts to see who we get in later rounds. I have a coworker who took today off and is having a party to watch it through the weekend. That's dedication!

I'll be riveted tonight and I'll probably watch most of tomorrow live. By Saturday, I have other things I have to do with my life and I just check the internet when we're about to pick.

MasterShake
04-27-2017, 02:24 PM
I'll be riveted tonight and I'll probably watch most of tomorrow live. By Saturday, I have other things I have to do with my life and I just check the internet when we're about to pick.

Yeah even with the first pick I just kind of see when it might happen and then check it out then. I just can't imagine sitting through all the picks live for the 1st round. Plus it seems like Social Media has the picks right before they even announce them sometimes.

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:25 PM
104.3 is reporting that the Broncos are in talks to move up to #5...woah!

slim
04-27-2017, 02:26 PM
For who?

chazoe60
04-27-2017, 02:28 PM
McC

MasterShake
For who?

slim
McC

Oh Lord. I love Mac, but that would be stupid.

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Stoke and the new guy are saying McCaffrey. That is going to cost a shit ton! Not sure I'm on board with that. Geez@!

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Shefter came out about an hour ago saying that a lot of teams looking to move down, one team looking to move up and it's Denver. Then about 5 minutes ago they say there is a report that Broncos are talking with Tennessee about trading up. Not sure who is reporting this.

chazoe60
04-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Could be Foster too.

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 02:33 PM
I wonder if FaninAZ is having a draft party?

Yes, at Culver's so I can watch the 1st round of the draft & the D-Backs on separate screens. No, you and your hookers aren't invited.

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:34 PM
I freaking love draft day. :dance: Like a kid on Christmas kind of love!

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Shefter came out about an hour ago saying that a lot of teams looking to move down, one team looking to move up and it's Denver. Then about 5 minutes ago they say there is a report that Broncos are talking with Tennessee about trading up. Not sure who is reporting this.

The talk about trading up to 5 came from Jason Cole of Bleacher Report.

It'd have to be McCaffrey or Howard, if we're looking that far up. I hope we don't do it, because it would cost us an enormous amount. Hard to tell what to believe until the draft actually starts.

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Ok, so it's Jason Cole and apparently he's just piggy backing off of Shefter. So I'm not sure if he's got any proof or if he's just putting his own spin on Shefter's report.

slim
04-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Yes, at Culver's so I can watch the 1st round of the draft & the D-Backs on separate screens. No, you and your hookers aren't invited.

Oh.

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 02:40 PM

Except you ask for a Red Ryder B.B. gun only to get some cheap junk that your parents got out of a grocery store vending machine. With it is a note that says, "We don't want you to shoot your eye out" :(

GEM
04-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Except you ask for a Red Ryder B.B. gun only to get some cheap junk that your parents got out of a grocery store vending machine. With it is a note that says, "We don't want you to shoot your eye out" :(

Don't you piss in my Fruity Pebbles, you!! :D

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Roby + a 3d to move from 20 to 5. Hm.. Tennessee would be chill with that. Tell you what, tonight just got more interesting for us.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Wut?

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Roby + a 3d to move from 20 to 5. Hm.. Tennessee would be chill with that. Tell you what, tonight just got more interesting for us.

Did you hear that anywhere or are you just speculating?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 02:51 PM

Is that really our offer? I don't know if I like that

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 02:51 PM

I am speculating. Tennessee would love to have Roby on their roster, that seems plain.

Buff
04-27-2017, 02:53 PM

I don't know where this originated from, but I'll play ball. Talib has only got 1-2 more years of playing at his level. The DB dropoff is fast and steep. I view Roby as a cornerstone - I would worry that we'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul here.

Mike
04-27-2017, 02:59 PM

Right up until Denver makes it's first pick....then it's a WTF just happened kind of day. Half the fun of draft day is the watching the meltdowns.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 03:04 PM
This trade up to #5 talk might be smoke, might be PR-preventative ('see guys, I tried')...

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 03:08 PM
This trade up to #5 talk might be smoke, might be PR-preventative ('see guys, I tried')...

I'm going to say that Elway made a call, especially since the Titans have been open about wanting to trade down. Doing his homework. But I can't see actually going through with it and crippling the rest of the draft (and maybe next year's) for one guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm going to say that Elway made a call, especially since the Titans have been open about wanting to trade down. Doing his homework. But I can't see actually going through with it and crippling the rest of the draft (and maybe next year's) for one guy.

Honesty, I hope we use one of our 7's to move up. 😁

GEM
04-27-2017, 03:21 PM

No worse than the stupid deal Stokely brought up.....Trade 1sts and Talib for #5. Talib is a centerpiece, those guys feed off of him, you cut off his head and there is no one to take over that heart of the defense.

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 03:21 PM
And Rappaport just said Denver is looking to move up 3-5 spots to make sure they get the OT they want.

Everyone has a story today.

GEM
04-27-2017, 03:23 PM
And Rappaport just said Denver is looking to move up 3-5 spots to make sure they get the OT they want.

Everyone has a story today.

I haven't listened to sports radio in months, this is the first day and the draft is the only reason why....I just love the stories. :D

chazoe60
04-27-2017, 03:31 PM
We don't have to move up to get a mediocre OT, we can get one of those at 20. Giving up anything in this draft for any one of those 3 Ts would be a bad bad move IMHO.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 03:35 PM
We don't have to move up to get a mediocre OT, we can get one of those at 20. Giving up anything in this draft for any one of those 3 Ts would be a bad bad move IMHO.

The only justification I can come up with for a small move up for an OT would be if they had one guy graded way above the other two and wanted to make sure they specifically got him, and not just "one of the OT".

slim
04-27-2017, 03:36 PM
I hope we trade our 2nd round pick for Joe Thomas.

chazoe60
04-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I hope we trade our 2nd round pick for Joe Thomas.

I'll take that.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 03:50 PM
I'll take that.

Cleveland is not stupid enough to hang DeShaun Watson out to dry like that. They are actually trying to win! Hard to believe, huh?

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Going up to 5 to get Tribusky. Book it.

Slick
04-27-2017, 06:49 PM
The national anthem before the draft? El o el.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 06:49 PM
If we trade away all of our picks to get up too pick 5 and take Christian The Broncos are draft losers. If you are going to go up that far then take.the best RB in the draft in fournette.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Going up to 5 to get Tribusky. Book it.

That would be even worst than going up there to get Christian. Tribusky has bust written all over him.

NightTerror218
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
If we trade away all of our picks to get up too pick 5 and take Christian The Broncos are draft losers. If you are going to go up that far then take.the best RB in the draft in fournette.

Heard a lot of talk for McCaffery as the best RB. Saw one Twitter one GM said he had the best combine he has ever seen. Its a mixed bag becayse it depends on your offense. Put him on tbe patriots he would be an annual pro bowler no doubts. Put him into the wrong syatem he could fade out. But in open space he is probably the best RB and that with hia good receiving is why he is so high on lists.

honz
04-27-2017, 06:55 PM
My sources say Broncos trying to move up to #5 to draft the best safety in the draft - Marcus Williams out of Utah. Audiobook it!!!

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Checking in. Who's up in this?

honz
04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
***I should not that my source is Marcus William's Mom and auntie Sheila.

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
That would be even worst than going up there to get Christian. Tribusky has bust written all over him.

I don't know. He changed his name from Mitch to Mitchell. Seems pretty serious about this.

Slick
04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Checking in. Who's up in this?

Xtv app on Roku. First time I've watched ESPN in a long time.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
lol

NightTerror218
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Not many i would trade i like this for. Foster Howard
allen.

Holes and immediate staters are at DL OL ILB and TE. Only reason i see the need for a big trade up.

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm here.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:02 PM
those people in jax bathing in that gonorrhea pool

sneakers
04-27-2017, 07:06 PM
The bucks are playing like shit, so I might actually watch the draft after all

sneakers
04-27-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm here.

good

Slick
04-27-2017, 07:07 PM
Goodell getting booed is hilarious.

honz
04-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Hold on - Marcus Williams Mom and auntie now arguing with Garrett Bolles' father about which Ute the Broncos are trading up to draft. More to come as the updates continue to come in...

honz
04-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Sources now telling me that my current sources are "inherently biased" - more to come after I google inherently...

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:14 PM
myles

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:17 PM
omg bears trade to 2nd

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Wow Bears move up.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:19 PM
Cleveland, if you draft DeShaun Watson, I might change my opinion about you.

slim
04-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Sources now telling me that my current sources are "inherently biased" - more to come after I google inherently...

Inherently means reliable and trustworthy.

Hawgdriver
Gave up a lot! A 3d and a 4th and a similar pick in '18????

MOtorboat
His first media question as a pro: "Bruh, how ya feelin'?"

A reminder that ESPN fired a bunch of reporters yesterday

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Mitchell. The ellest of ells.

ShaneFalco
Omg lol trib to chitown

FanInAZ
Bye-bye Cutler. Hope you enjoyed your stay in the Windy City, I know Bears fans haven't.

sneakers
04-27-2017, 07:23 PM
lol bears

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Lynch swooped them for 4 picks to move up on spot

slim
04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
lol bears

Lol is the only rational response.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Holy shit already!

I'm also annoyed because I originally had Trubisky going second in our game and changed my mind

slim

Da Bears

Northman
Bwahahaha stupid bears.

slim
04-27-2017, 07:27 PM
His first media question as a pro: "Bruh, how ya feelin'?"

A reminder that ESPN fired a bunch of reporters yesterday

Espn stop being a news org a long time ago.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:28 PM
https://media.tenor.co/images/a6d94c9719d3ddd6d8ac5e27e117b1a5/tenor.gif

sneakers
04-27-2017, 07:28 PM
it's like the broncos drafting tebow in the 1st round when he would have been available in the 2nd or 3rd

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Big dick John Lynch running shit.

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 07:30 PM
That was a shocking move. Now here goes a run on QBs this might help Christian McCaffrey fall.

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Bye-bye Cutler. Hope you enjoyed your stay in the Windy City, I know Bears fans haven't.

Cutler has been gone for several months.

Tebowtime2011
04-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Would be shocked if Leonard Fournette doesn't go to the jaguars here.

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Would be shocked if Leonard Fournette doesn't go to the jaguars here.

If he doesn't I think Fournette will go to Panthers.

tomjonesrocks
04-27-2017, 07:37 PM
What's up guys. Long time not much chat.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:39 PM
I whiffed on Fournette big time. Will be interesting to see how he pans out.

slim
04-27-2017, 07:39 PM

How is life in Canada?

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:40 PM

Sup TJR

slim
04-27-2017, 07:40 PM
I whiffed on Fournette big time. Will be interesting to see how he pans out.

Me too, but the night is young.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:43 PM
I.can't believe the bears took that bust tribusky. The way things are going we are going to have some great options fall in our lap.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Titans pick Corey Davis WR

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:46 PM
Davis is a great pick, was my #1 WR in the draft.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Thank god the rumors of Denver trading up t 5 were false. We need to stay put. We will have all of our guy's fall right in our lap, whether it be LT,Njoku, etc imo.

So far the experts have only been right on two picks.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Davis is a great pick, was my #1 WR in the draft.

I think it was really close between him and Williams. Look forward to watching that horse-race over the course of their careers. I think they are both studs.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 07:49 PM
@DraftDiamonds

Cleveland trying to trade for COUSINS, DAMN

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
And can somebody please take Christian before anybody in the front office gets jumpy, and our fans can move on from Christian lol.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:51 PM
@DraftDiamonds

Cleveland trying to trade for COUSINS, DAMN

Not going to happen though, report's are that Washington has zero interest, also cousin's only said he'd accept a trade to the 49ers.

Tebowtime2011
04-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Damn. I really hope the chargers don't get Malik Hooker.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:53 PM
I think it was really close between him and Williams. Look forward to watching that horse-race over the course of their careers. I think they are both studs.

Word up, I give Davis the edge because of his ball skills though, the way this guy attacks the ball in the air, in traffic and has very good run after the catch ability/speed makes him a complete package. Williams is more of a Irvin type of possession WR who will bail his QB out all the time with that size and strength.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Damn. I really hope the chargers don't get Malik Hooker.

If they pass on Malik then they are fools.

slim
04-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Ball skills are important

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Word up, I give Davis the edge because of his ball skills though, the way this guy attacks the ball in the air, in traffic and has very good run after the catch ability/speed makes him a complete package. Williams is more of a Irvin type of possession WR who will bail his QB out all the time with that size and strength.

Well said.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Chicago, wut?

honz
04-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Ball skills are important

I have been trying to explain this to my significant other for years!!!

slim
04-27-2017, 07:58 PM
I have been trying to explain this to my significant other for years!!!

What is his objection?

honz
04-27-2017, 07:59 PM
I never said it was a human...let alone a man!

DT88TheGreat
Well you can't blame.them for giving rivers some help finally.

ShaneFalco
Mike Williams to LA chargers.

tomjonesrocks
04-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Can't believe there are still Chargers fans to fly in for fan reaction. Assume they're paid by the tram.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 08:01 PM
plz dont take the caff !

honz
04-27-2017, 08:01 PM
I never said it was a human...let alone a man!

Or a boy - I don't want to discriminate against any Catholic priests that might be reading this thread. Amen.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Speak of the devil! Other stud WR is off the board. I really don't know who is the better guy, it will be awesome to watch since they both have good QBs where they are going.

Drumroll.....is the Calf going at 8?????

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 08:04 PM

slim
04-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Booooo

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:05 PM
I know my shit!!! :lol:

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 08:06 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/6/6e/Boo_this_man.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160719232917

VonDoom
Not shocking. McCaffrey was a pipe dream at this point

MOtorboat
Suicide watch for Shane?

tomjonesrocks
Damn. Too bad.

OrangeHoof
Looks line Shane will be switching to de-Caff...

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 08:07 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/yAH5GmFmsuzcY/giphy.gif

dogfish
04-27-2017, 08:08 PM
what's good, fellas?

is the duke's trigger finger gettin' itchy, or are we settling for an uninspiring tackle?

DenBronx
It was a fairytale for McCaffery to even fall out of the top 10.

Cam Robinson, Njoku, T.J. Watt...who do we get now?

We can now just stay at 20. No need to move up.

Slick
Never get your hopes up for the draft.

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 08:09 PM
Deshaun Watson.

Book it.

FanInAZ
Suicide watch for Shane?

He might become a Panthers' fan.

dogfish

reuben foster or hassan reddick, please. . .

or i'd gladly take lattimore or malik hooker. . .

DenBronx
Deshaun Watson.

Book it.

**** that noise.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:10 PM
what's good, fellas?

is the duke's trigger finger gettin' itchy, or are we settling for an uninspiring tackle?

If we gain a pick and settle, it's a win in my book.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Deshaun Watson.

Book it.

To CIN?

Cugel
04-27-2017, 08:11 PM
reuben foster or hassan reddick, please. . .

or i'd gladly take lattimore or malik hooker. . .

I say it's ******* Garrett Bolles. And they may move up to #18 and give up an extra pick to get him. Hurrah! :coffee:

BTW: I'd be totally fine with Foster or Reddick. Lattimore will be 10 picks gone by the time the Broncos draft. He's the #1 CB in this class and a top 5 talent on a lot of mock drafts. No way in God's Green Earth he falls to #20 and the Broncos aren't moving up for a CB, no matter how good.

Obviously if he fell to #20 they would take him and probably deal one of their other CBs.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:11 PM
I am disappointed. I won't lie.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2017, 08:12 PM
To CIN?

With Dalton and McCarron, I'm no sue that's getting value for the Bagels.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Wow this is nothing like the (experts) called lol. And kc just traded up for Watson.

LTC Pain
Bengals select Ross. Is Foster within reasonable reach yet?

dogfish
I say it's ******* Garrett Bolles. And they may move up to #18 and give up an extra pick to get him. Hurrah! :coffee:

see, this is why no one wants to hang out with lawyers. . . :D

king, take note while there's still time, man. . .

VonDoom
So many great players still left

And now KC trades all the way up to ten??

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 08:14 PM
To CIN?

**** Deshaun Watson. TRADE UP FOR JOHNATHAN ALLEN!

LawDog
04-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Don't be surprised if it is Mixon at 20.

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 08:15 PM
this too much pressure man too much

DT88TheGreat

If foster isn't there give me cam Robinson or Njoku.

VonDoom

Amazing that this is still a possibility

slim
04-27-2017, 08:16 PM

Okay, I guess I can. But Im really not attracted to him.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:16 PM
The Alex Smyth Effecte.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Njuko?

Oh Lord....

Cugel
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Looks line Shane will be switching to de-Caff...

What was it Ted Striker said in Airplane? "looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."

dogfish
04-27-2017, 08:19 PM
I am disappointed. I won't lie.

you need MO to hold you. . .

Don't be surprised if it is Mixon at 20.

law just don't go 'round here, lawdog. . . :tsk:

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 08:20 PM
What was it Ted Striker said in Airplane? "looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."

That wasn't Ted Striker, he was the younger guy with the "drinking problem" (kept missing his mouth every time he tried to take a drink of alcohol).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
I think someone is going to fall to us. Do we trade up and grab Foster?

MOtorboat
Okay, I guess I can. But Im really not attracted to him.

I call bull.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 08:21 PM
I love the quarter backs coming off the board

slim
I think someone is going to fall to us. Do we trade up and grab Foster?

I am sure at least one player will fall to us.

sneakers
hahha cheifs

slim
I call bull.

I wouldn't lie to u

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 08:22 PM
What's funny is there are 2 QBs that have already went before Watson.

slim
Poor DC. If I liked him I would feel sorry for him.

LawDog
you need MO to hold you. . .

law just don't go 'round here, lawdog. . . :tsk:

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?

PatriotsGuy
04-27-2017, 08:23 PM
I am sure at least one player will fall to us.

This is why I visit this board.

G_Money
04-27-2017, 08:24 PM
The upward mobility of middling QBs always helps those teams in the middle of the first who have no need for one. Every better player getting pushed down to us helps.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor

Psssh-

Hawgdriver
see, this is why no one wants to hang out with lawyers. . . :D

king, take note while there's still time, man. . .

I hate those ******** with an LC-for-Tebowian passion.

Lawyers.

Not cugel and kinger.

honz
04-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Here goes Watson to Saints...

slim
04-27-2017, 08:25 PM

We dive deep, Pags. Its what we do.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Psssh-

Don't hate

NightTerror218
I knew a run on QBs would cause some good talent to drop.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor

Lawyers.

Not cugel and kinger.

Haha, what area of law do you specialize in?

Hawgdriver

I'm telling you guys...this guy is the cubic zirconia in our tiara.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2017, 08:27 PM
I posted on another board that any coach that would risk their career to trade up for a Texas Tech spread offense quarterback needs to be drug tested and...voila!

LawDog
04-27-2017, 08:27 PM

Lawyers.

Not cugel and kinger.

Ahem...

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Haha, what area of law do you specialize in?

Intellectual property mainly.

Hawgdriver
Ahem...

Mmmhmm. Not saying I won't have a beer with ya.

honz
Is the New Orleans Select an expansion team?

Slick
04-27-2017, 08:29 PM
Let's see a run on tacos. Hopefully they're all gone by 20.

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Browns take Watson here or nah?

dogfish
What's funny is there are 2 QBs that have already went before Watson.

that kid is more than a little salty right now. . . .

slim
Oh man. That sounds great. I could use a taco

honz
Let's see a run on tacos. Hopefully they're all gone by 20.

I could go for about 10 tacos between now and the Broncos pick!

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Slim, do you have "hip fluidity"?

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Texans traded up - gotta be for Watson

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Browns take Watson here or nah?

Tell you what...with AssWhoop Allen on the board, you take that man. You take that man and you become the Broncos 2.0.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM

No. But I can fill small holes.

honz
04-27-2017, 08:34 PM

Sources say his significant other "pleads the 5th".

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Browns have Texans first and second rounders next year, hahahaha

LawDog
04-27-2017, 08:35 PM
No. But I can fill small holes.

Mind the gap Slim.

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Thank GOD Deshaun Watson got picked before us!!!

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Ok.

What's wrong with Johnathan Allen?

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Ok.

Medicals? That's all I can think of

Hawgdriver
Browns have Texans first and second rounders next year, hahahaha

My crush on the browns analytic dep't. just got steamier. Now if they could just win some games lol.

FanInAZ
He's much better falling to 12th then being picked earlier by 1 of the dumpster fires :nod:

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 08:39 PM
What about T.J. Watt?

Hawgdriver
Ok.

Nothing bro. These teams are being dumb in a FOMO world.

LTC Pain
Ok.

Several pundits had him mocked in the top 5???

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Several pundits had him mocked in the top 5???

Several? All?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Houston just got a good football player.

VonDoom
What about T.J. Watt?

What about him?

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
What about T.J. Watt?

What about him?

If an OT high on our board is gone then why not.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
What about him?

He has a nice bubble and can fill holes.

LTC Pain
04-27-2017, 08:46 PM
There goes Reddick to Arizona. The guy I wanted for the Broncos at #20 ��

Ziggy
04-27-2017, 08:47 PM
This draft is falling nicely for the Broncos. Still there:

OJ Howard
Rueben Foster
Jonathan Allen

dogfish
04-27-2017, 08:47 PM
mother****er cardinals!

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 08:51 PM
A Cards' fan just walk out the restaurant saying that Reddick was a terrible pick.

Hawgdriver
Still available:

Barnett
Foster
Allen
Hooker
Howard

plz plz plz be one of these to the Broncos at 20.

Simple Jaded
Now that I hear him talk I'm bummed Denver didn't get Reddick.

Cugel
Medicals? That's all I can think of

Chronic shoulder problems. He had a torn labrum, and then reinjured it in 2016. Well, so what? The dude can still play, and they have shoulder surgery techniques that can fix that stuff. He's going to be a player in the NFL for some team that isn't stupid enough to pass on him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Still available:

Barnett
Foster
Allen
Hooker
Howard

Yes

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Ok.

Nothing it's just a wacky draft, alot of reaching, alot of unexpected picks, alot of panic type trade ups. The Broncos are going to definitely get a great player at 20 now as long as e don't blow it somehow. Allen, foster, Robinson,njoku all still on the board. And oj Howard

Simple Jaded
04-27-2017, 08:53 PM
A Cards' fan just walk out the restaurant saying that Reddick was a terrible pick.

Go chase him down and body slam him.

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Trade up for what! Broncos in great shape. I love it, get me cam Robinson baby if foster and hiward are gone!.

Cugel
Still available:

Barnett
Foster
Allen
Hooker
Howard

If any of these guys is there and the Broncos take Bolles, I might throw up in my mouth a little.

Derrick Barnett - a run stuffing DE who broke Reggie White's records in college? That would be good.

Reuben Foster? Serious impact player who would solidify the middle of the Broncos LB corps for years to come. With either of these guys the defense is right back to 2015 levels and we could seriously hope to get a SB.

EDIT: Barnett just went at #14. Boo!

ShaneFalco
Trade up for what! Broncos in great shape. I love it, get me cam Robinson baby if foster and hiward are gone!.

nobody needs another shity guard

VonDoom
04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
If Elway like bed someone, this would be the time to start calling

FanInAZ
04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Go chase him down and body slam him.

I'm not going to leave my laptop unattended to do that.

Cugel
04-27-2017, 08:56 PM

Why do they need a G? They already have Max Garcia and just acquired a G in FA. And Robinson is a G in the NFL.

LTC Pain
Now that I hear him talk I'm bummed Denver didn't get Reddick.

3 weeks ago Reddick was projected as a late 1st round pick!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Indy, please take Robinson

DT88TheGreat
04-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Cam Robinson is a LT and will be a good one. He's better than the other two imo.

Hawgdriver
If Elway like bed someone, this would be the time to start calling

No idea what this means, but I agree 100%.

tomjonesrocks
I give Denver's draft a C-.

ShaneFalco
Mixon is going to be punching every broncos cheerleader in sight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 08:58 PM
I give Denver's draft a C-.

What are you drinking ?

VonDoom
No idea what this means, but I agree 100%.

Damn it, auto correct. I meant if he loves someone still on the board

Simple Jaded
nobody needs another shity guard

Oh the butthurt is palpable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2017, 08:59 PM
What are you drinking ?

Not because of your post, but I'm assuming you're having a nice craft beer.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2017, 08:59 PM
Damn it, auto correct. I meant if he loves someone still on the board

Duck you autocorrect, I'm suck of your shirt!

DenBronx
04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Damn app keeps freezing.

Cugel
04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Dalvin Cook is still on the board. A potential top 10 pick, but fumble problems and off-field issues. Injury concerns. These are big concerns. But, on the field? He has been compared to Edgerrin James.

Overview

Florida State has had a slew of talented running backs over the past 30 years, but Cook was the first to break the 1,000-yard barrier in his first season with the team. The next two seasons have only gotten better, ranking in the top 10 by breaking 1,600 yards (1,691 in 2015 ranked sixth in the FBS, 1,765 in 2016 ranked fifth), scoring 19 times as a rusher, and earning first-team All-ACC accolades each year. The speedy and shifty back was also named 2016 first-team All-American by the Associated Press and Walter Camp Foundation, among others. NFL teams will be interested in his medical checks, though, because of the hamstring issues he had throughout the 2015 season and the three shoulder surgeries he's had since high school. Cook tore his rotator cuff in high school, then tore the front part of his labrum in 2014, and the back part of the labrum in 2016. He's also had run-ins with the law, starting in high school (robbery in 2009, charges dropped; firing and possessing a weapon on school property in 2010, charges drooped) and then again in 2015, where he was charged with misdemeanor battery outside a bar (found not guilty).
Analysis
Strengths Uses choppy feet and compact stride length downhill. Keeps feet under him and is able to make lateral cuts at a moment's notice. Flourished in zone, gap and power schemes at FSU. At his best running wide while setting up lead blockers. Slows flowing safeties and linebackers with hesitation steps and glances back inside. Has run-away gear around the corner he keeps tucked away for special occasions. Darting style allows him to escape defenders who show gap commitment too soon. Plus vision. Quick to flow from first to second read on outside zone plays. Greedy redzone runner with ability to cash those checks. The brighter the lights, the bigger his game. Comfortable in both one-back and two-back groupings. Rare ability to cut it all the way back across the grain. Changes direction with degree of subtlety on second level without gearing down. Not much of a dancer. Tends to get hit it up the field. Feet in constant state of motion. Despite drops, can be dangerous out of backfield.