PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Guys You'd Draft in Rounds 1 and 2

WARHORSE
04-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Round 1 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haasan Reddick
3. O.J.Howard
4. McCaffrey
5. Engram

Round 2 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Engram
2. Shaheen
3. Mixon
4. Garcia
5. Malik McDowell

Ziggy
04-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Round 1-
Foster
Reddick
Howard
McCaffrey
Bolles

Round 2-
Tomlinson
Jones
Cunningham
Samuel
Dawkins

Hawgdriver
04-26-2017, 04:38 PM
r1

McCaffrey
Barnett
Foster
Howard
Reddick

r2

Ross
Njoku
Peppers
Ramczyk
Mixon

Probably not there, but who knows.

CoachChaz
04-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Might be more interesting if everyone picked players tgat might actually be available when Denver is on the board.

WARHORSE
04-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Might be more interesting if everyone picked players tgat might actually be available when Denver is on the board.

Any of those players are possible at 15 which is where our third would put us if we traded it. Read the first post.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2017, 04:47 PM

You don't think any of these will be available at 20? Not one?

McCaffrey
Barnett
Foster
Howard
Reddick

Is this wagerable? :D

Ziggy
04-26-2017, 04:57 PM

Feel free to post your own list while you're complaining about the ones on here.

Cugel
04-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Round 1 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haasan Reddick
3. O.J.Howard
4. McCaffrey
5. Engram

Round 2 (can include a trade up using a third)

1. Engram
2. Shaheen
3. Mixon
4. Garcia
5. Malik McDowell

I would be fine with these picks. I think Foster may be falling due to injury concerns about his shoulder. He might not be able to take the field if he needs a second surgery until week 6 or later.

Well, maybe, but he'd be an impact player for years to come. Long after people have forgotten the draft, they would be saying "Broncos LB Reuben Foster just came out of nowhere on that play to punch the ball out." That won't grow old. The NFL player I've heard Foster compared with is Patrick Willis. If that is even partially accurate you'd be getting a hell of a player!

But if Foster's shoulder injury has teams leery of taking him as high as 20, then Reddick would be a good substitute:

Strengths Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Great flexibility with loose hips to turn, twist, and chase. Excellent reactive quickness and change-of-direction agility. Dynamic playmaker in space. Locks onto targets and instantly accelerates to the ball. Finished 2016 regular season with 21.5 tackles for loss. Fluid mover around field. Has chase range over extended territory. Eyes work past blockers and into backfield. Slips and slides around the edge and through small creases. Always working feet into improved positioning after contact. Came in as a defensive back and has experience on all three levels. Has athleticism in space and necessary instincts to be legit cover talent as linebacker. Rushes with good bend and forward lean. Difficult to handle on tackle/end twists back inside. Turns corner with tight track to quarterback once he pries the edge open.

Weaknesses Undersized by NFL standards for position he's currently playing. Labors to disengage once size is on top of him. Will need more play strength to ward off NFL blockers. Improving with hands, but needs to continue technique work to control blockers. Lacks necessary bulk, length, and play strength to set a strong edge as an NFL 3-4 outside linebacker. Marginal speed-to-power ability. Connects and sticks to tackles when trying to bull-rush under their pads. Pass rush reliant upon athletic talent and cursory hand play. Needs more diversified rush plans. Slides off of too many tackles. Missed 16 tackles over final two seasons at Temple. Needs to chest-up and run feet through contact. Played in fewer than 70 percent of team's defensive snaps.

Since the Broncos wouldn't be drafting him as an outside LB, many of these perceived weaknesses would be unimportant. The Broncos have enough outside pass-rushers, they'd be drafting him to play inside and be a physical presence in the middle of the field. He has really good coverage skills and a good reach. He might be a better cover LB than Foster. Used to be a DB so he has good acceleration. As for labouring to shed blockers, that's the job of the DL, to keep blockers from getting to the second level and engaging the LBs, thus leaving Von Miller & Co. free to make plays.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2017, 05:40 PM
I would be fine with these picks. I think Foster may be falling due to injury concerns about his shoulder. He might not be able to take the field if he needs a second surgery until week 6 or later.

Well, maybe, but he'd be an impact player for years to come. Long after people have forgotten the draft, they would be saying "Broncos LB Reuben Foster just came out of nowhere on that play to punch the ball out." That won't grow old. But if Foster's shoulder injury has teams leery of taking him as high as 20, then Reddick would be a good substitute:

Since the Broncos wouldn't be drafting him as an outside LB, many of these perceived weaknesses would be unimportant. The Broncos have enough outside pass-rushers, they'd be drafting him to play inside and be a physical presence in the middle of the field. He has really good coverage skills and a good reach. He might be a better cover LB than Foster. Used to be a DB so he has good acceleration. As for labouring to shed blockers, that's the job of the DL, to keep blockers from getting to the second level and engaging the LBs, thus leaving Von Miller & Co. free to make plays.

This team would be a great fit for Foster. A great fit.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2017, 06:27 PM
I'd save my draft pick, sit tight at #20 and take the best LT prospect on the board or, if I was convinced there's little different in the top three and all three are there, I'd listen to trade-down offers.

slim
04-27-2017, 08:36 AM
Christian Mc
Reuben Foster
Cam Robinson
Forrest Lamp
Derek Barnett

Alvin Kamara
Jarrad Davis
Chidobe Awuzie
Zach Cunningham
Dalvin Tomlinson

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 10:37 AM
You don't think any of these will be available at 20? Not one?

McCaffrey
Barnett
Foster
Howard
Reddick

Is this wagerable? :D

Just an opinion, but I think at least 4 of them are gone well before 20.

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Feel free to post your own list while you're complaining about the ones on here.

Not sure I'd call it complaining. But sure...I'll throw out a more realistic list (in my opinion) of guys that could be available at our spots and fill needs.

Round 1
OT - Bolles/Ramczyk/Robinson
TE - Njoku
DL - McDowell
ILB - Davis/Cunnnigham
RB - Cook

Round 2
TE - Engram/Hodges
RB - Mixon
DL - Tomlinson
OL - Moton/Dawkins
CB - Sidney Jones

ShaneFalco
04-27-2017, 10:53 AM
1. Mcaffrey
2. Mcaffrey
3. Mcaffrey
4. Mcaffrey
5. Mcaffrey

Ziggy
04-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Not sure I'd call it complaining. But sure...I'll throw out a more realistic list (in my opinion) of guys that could be available at our spots and fill needs.

Round 1
OT - Bolles/Ramczyk/Robinson
TE - Njoku
DL - McDowell
ILB - Davis/Cunnnigham
RB - Cook

Round 2
TE - Engram/Hodges
RB - Mixon
DL - Tomlinson
OL - Moton/Dawkins
CB - Sidney Jones

That's 8 guys you listed for round 1. Some folks just can't play by the rules. Seriously though, are the tackles you listed in order of preference or alphabetical order, or both?

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 11:02 AM
That's 8 guys you listed for round 1. Some folks just can't play by the rules. Seriously though, are the tackles you listed in order of preference or alphabetical order, or both?

Sorry...I look at it from a position perspective with availability and projection instead of just a specific name. Hoping Elway does, too. My intent wasnt to list them in order of preference, but as I look at it again, it kind of worked out that way. Bolles would be my first choice.

WARHORSE
04-27-2017, 11:56 AM
None of the tackles impress me enough to draft them in round one.

BPA is the song of the day....I think we move off the 20th pick but not sure which direction.

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 11:58 AM

BPA is the song of the day....I think we move off the 20th pick but not sure which direction.

If we could make a deal for a starting LT (Thomas/Staley/etc), then I'd be on board. But an unimpressive LT has to be better than no LT at all.

Jsteve01
04-27-2017, 12:24 PM

If we could make a deal for a starting LT (Thomas/Staley/etc), then I'd be on board. But an unimpressive LT has to be better than no LT at all. you like bolles better than Ramczyk?

CoachChaz
04-27-2017, 12:49 PM
you like bolles better than Ramczyk?

Ramczyk would be 1b to Bolles at 1a.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Hey Coach, I hope you throw down in my thread with a mock draft of your own!j

And you too, Jaded!

WARHORSE
04-27-2017, 01:38 PM
If we could make a deal for a starting LT (Thomas/Staley/etc), then I'd be on board. But an unimpressive LT has to be better than no LT at all.

Yeah, Id drool if we got Thomas.

I still would rather take someone who comes in and takes a position right away and starts. TE and LBer are the two areas I see in this draft.....Malik is an absolute stud at anchoring and getting pressure up the gut or at 3/4 DE. I hear he's not the best interview but if we can get him to be a three trick pony that would be awesome. STUD.

WARHORSE
04-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Ramczyk would be 1b to Bolles at 1a.

Bolles is the better athlete for sure...the man can get upfield and knock some dust.

ManRam II is the better pass protector.

NightTerror218
04-27-2017, 03:54 PM
I want two impact starters

One if top 3 OT and dawkins.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2017, 08:22 AM
Sorry...I look at it from a position perspective with availability and projection instead of just a specific name. Hoping Elway does, too. My intent wasnt to list them in order of preference, but as I look at it again, it kind of worked out that way. Bolles would be my first choice.

BAM!

Nice call, coach.

CoachChaz
04-28-2017, 08:49 AM
BAM!

Nice call, coach.

It has to be a left tackle thing. Other than Von, the only 1st round picks I've guessed correctly have been Clady and Bolles. But both were dire needs, so the odds were in my favor.

NightTerror218
04-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Bolles at bottom of round is good. Trading up would be bad. We are picking at bottom of 1st and grabbed the first tackle and had our choice if all. This would never happen. Glad elway dis not reach and trade up.

NightTerror218
04-28-2017, 11:02 AM
It has to be a left tackle thing. Other than Von, the only 1st round picks I've guessed correctly have been Clady and Bolles. But both were dire needs, so the odds were in my favor.

If i were to have my choice in top 3 OT it was bolles.

WARHORSE
04-30-2017, 12:09 AM

Board didnt fall the way anyone thought, no? Crazy draft.